Reviews of Hôtel Maubeuge Gare du Nord 2 stars

#1515 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

5.1

4.9

5.5

We booked a triple room and it was so small that I think we paid too much for what we get. The room had the window and the floor broken, no lights (one 1 worked), no plugs. The bathroom was very small and not so clean.

The location. We booked here because there’s the bus stop to go to Disneyland Paris, so if you’re planning to go there, this hotel’s location is perfect.

Very bad experience. Bathroom door dont have lock. Reported to Reception but no action taken in my 2 days stay. Bathroom is very tiny as such only kids can enter freely. Terrible room space. Never seen such triple bed room so smaller for the money spent for 2 days(around 180 euros). @ Travellers - please stay away if you expect comfort and value for money.

no postives

Only one outlet.

The receptionist was friendly and I liked how close this hotel is to the Gare du Nord station. Also there’s is a balcony with a great view!

• Double or Twin Room

It’s very small. The bathroom even more so. That wouldn’t have been an issue (as we weren’t expecting much to begin with) but the smell of mildew from the bathroom permeates the whole room.

It is close to the train station.

• Family Room

It was so, so hot and the bed seemed to insulate my body heat, so it was impossible to cool down. We all got bitten by bed bugs. The photos make it look nicer than it is. There were no sockets and the WiFi did not work. Under the beds was dirty, although the sheets and bathroom looked okay.

The staff were friendly and it was really close to Gare du Nord for our 08:43 Eurostar.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing .In my room not have telecomand to change Tv Chanel not work electricity to charge my phone end in reception not take credit card you must pay with cash money this hotel it Max 50€ one room.

No air conditioning - hot, stuffy yet very loud traffic if open window Very basic - some electric sockets not working, shower poor, bath too small, no coffee in room, very run down (patches on painting, small beds, plug did not drain)

The two rooms we were given are nothing like what the hotel displays on their website. They were extremely small and pokey, the 3rd bed was a foldup stretcher barely 600mm wide. Tiles off wall in bathroom showing all the pipework. The bathrooms were extremely small. Dirty dishes in the sink in Breakfast room.

Me and my wife are infected with bed bugs in the hotel. My wife is still suffering from this. Rooms are very tight and no cleaning under the bed when I verified. Hell lot of dust below the bed. Finally we are still taking the treatment. Not sure how long it takes.

Nothing much to say except near and convenient to few places

• Double or Twin Room

Room was stuffy and did not have air conditioning, it was also very small and so was the bathroom.

View from 6th floor was nice and the location was great.

• Double or Twin Room

Attitude... no proper reception just a desk the gentleman who checked me in at night Locked the door with a note saying back in ten mins i had to wait for half hour and ring the bell serval times ... the following evening same thing repeated ! The room given was extremely dirty except bed linen was fresh the bathroom had a very foul smell the room was changed next morning but was much smaller. As my check out was early morning 5 am when I came down he was fast a sleep on the couch with no lights I had to keep the elevator door open to see where I was going. He took the key ... taxi which was booked the hotel didn’t show up he said I’m going back to sleep when it comes let me know then I will open the door or you can wait outside on the street. Never going back also the internet sucked no signal best is plenty of ibis hotels in the area probably a little more price you pay but it’s a standard quality you get everywhere.

Location as just steps away from main station G-Nord

• Double or Twin Room

Bloody awful not what advertised at all we got bug bites and the room was mildew and musty no phone no service and in a very rough neighborhood avoid at all costs guess you get what you pay for

Not a thing

• Family Room

I was there during 13th-15th May. The Internet photos of room were very big but the rooms were small. The rooms are rotten. The bathroom of the room was not having a lock inside it, towels are smelling. The celling was having a crack. No sitting place in the lobby, reception lady can’t speak english. The heaters inside the room were not working and it was broken. The beds were smelling like rotten pizza. The receptionist Habib was very arrogant to us. They are just tricking us. The hotel is 2 star but it seems to be a 0 star hotel. The hotel doesn't have staff to work at the hotel. Please don’t book this hotel without seeing the reviews.

• Double or Twin Room

when i checked in they changed my room thrice in matter of 10 minutes. The person incharge of the place in the evening left his place and i couldnt get inside the hotel after returning back. he came back after 5 minutes and started shouting at me saying that this is not the end of the world. Very impolite staff and hence try to avoid this hotel at all costs.

the location is near to Gare Du Nord

• Double or Twin Room

Shortage of space, especially in the bathroom. Glad we were only staying one night on the way home.

Very convenient for Gare du Nord. Reception staff very friendly.

The staff wasn’t so helpful, triple room is a little small but double room is fine. Internet connection is poor.

Very near to the station, lots of metro and bus around. Easy to get from both airport

• Double or Twin Room

1. The closet position is not comfortable. 2. Considering the small room...so in my opinion no need cupboard only long mirror for makeup and get dressed. 3. Need kettle inside room for coffee n tea.

Location, rate , hospitality of the staff

I did not care for the neighborhood very much. But I have to say that overall the hotel and the neighborhood were not so bad. The room was not comfortable for three (people) beds, as it was a bit cramped for three. The second part of our group, a couple, had their own room which faced the courtyard and was not pleasant or comfortable for them either. Also, my room was on the warm side. If we opened the windows, we had to contend with the street noise. To be fair, the hotel is not bad at all for the two stars category. I found it for my group, and thought staying there would be part of our adventure in Paris. But, after the first night; we reached a consensus on moving to another venue / neighborhood. The check-out staff was very understanding and accommodating.

I like the fact that the hotel is walking distance from the Gare du Nord train station. The main staff (I didn't get his name, but he mostly worked during the evening/night shift.) was very professional and friendly. He made the check-out process seamless.

• Double or Twin Room

I booked this hotel for 2 nights, Two nights in a row I saw bed bag was walking on my bed and my skin got like this. Later I also had a 39.4 of fever. The lady at the front gave me a medicines and payed me back the fee for 2 nights. (She couldn't speak English so my friend had to negotiate with her in French.) However, this experience was the worst in my life!! This hotel has to be closed. It was nothing like pictures, dirty, smelly, no soap, no clean linens and towels. Please don't book this hotel. Your trip in Paris will be ruined.

No heater,Didn't have soap box filled . Muhammil was very kind and helpful,but others were not so approachable. Was advised tea and coffee is free but other receptionist mentioned it is not so,though she didn't charge for it,but she seemed so remorseful for waiving the coffee charge. Sorry to say but people were not so helpful nor willing to listen.

• Double or Twin Room

The infrastructure was bad and the bedroom decoration was disturbing. The space to heat the food was very dirty and unorganized.

That I stayed only one day in the hostel.

• Double or Twin Room

Water was leaking in my 5th floor room, from a pipe under the sink. Running out of the bathroom into the floor of the main room. Smelt damp. I told the staff and was told that someone should have come and fixed it, but they did not come. I asked for and was given a different room.

Room was not clean. Toilet was dirty, bad smell and no lock. Stuff can't speak english and was rude. House keeping wasn't good. They didn't come to clean the room within my 3nights stay. They are taking money for triple room but the room is actually double room.

I like only location.

• Double or Twin Room

No early check-in inspite repeat guest and a genious member of booking.com. No tissue provided and informee reception to give us one. This time around the room size is quite small as compared before.

I stayed in this hotel for the second time (Dec twice 2017 and April 2018).Reason being is that it is conveniently located near Gare du Nord, safe stay, and with lots of eateries nearby.

• Family Room

Everything stank of smoke. The sink leaked when you washed your hands. The shower wasn’t installed properly and water poured out of it onto the floor.

The room was big.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was tiny small, not to mention the washroom. Crappy forniture with a window view to a filthy roof. Very noisy as rooms are not soundproof.

Very friendly and helpful staff. That was the best part of the hotel, conviniently located near la gare du nord et la gare de l’est.

• Double or Twin Room

One of the worst hotel I stayed so far: -some hair and hairs on the bedsheet -the floor was discusting -bed not comfty -the screen of my tablette was biger than the Tv in the room -Lightning almost inexistant in the bathroom -Well do not go.

The staff was ok and room quite big for Paris

• Double or Twin Room

Was dirty, change three times a room.. the clean-lady didn't change sheets, towels, and didn't clean the room. The room smells mold, the water of the shower was smelling bad and i get rash all over my body... the hotel stuff didn't know english too speak to them and find a solution for the bad situation.. You could hear every noise in the hotel and it was too expensive for the facilities of the hotel.. not recommended at all!! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 This hotel must be closed!👍🏻

• Double or Twin Room

We requested a room with a bath in the ensuite through email and over the phone weeks in advance. When we got there they told us they wouldn't move us to one and instead got a tiny bathroom you could barely move in with a shower. The bedroom was located directly beside the lift and there was constant noise and people standing outside the bedroom door early in the mornings. There were cigarette burn holes in the curtains and the wardrobe was not attached to the wall and ready to fall at any moment. Staff were rude and unwilling to help.

• Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness of the place was definitely below par, it felt wrong to walk around with at least one layer of on your feet just to be sure and the worst part really was the STINK that came from the bathroom....we had to make sure to keep the door to the bathroom shut at all times because the stink would seep into the rest of the room and when we did need to go in there we did whatever we had to do as quickly and emerge as soon as to avoid the stench of sewage from there. One morning the white bath mat was covered in ants or some kind of insects...it was gross. The heating was constantly on and there seemed to be no way to turn it off...we could either turn it higher or leave it at the super warm level it was already on so we had to keep the balcony doors open which meant it was extra noisy in the room (with the balcony doors closed you couldn't hear a thing from outside).

The hotel was not the worst in the world. The bed was comfy and the lift was working. We got very lucky as we had a room on the top floor and with that came a balcony and a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower which was unexpected, but to be honest if it weren't for that view we would've complained and asked to change rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

At first we were given a room that smelled like ciggarettes and was incredibly dirty. We then requested to be given a different room, but was still very dirty, the batroom was incredibly small and had a very strage smell. No toiletries were provided and the towels were dirty. The pillows cases had hair on them, so we had to cover them with new ones that we found on the wardrobe. The window was broken and could feel the cold wind and hear the noise from outside. To be honest,I didn't feel safe at all in this hotel and I was really disappointed with the overall experience. The pictures that we've seen on the website are far from what the real hotel is. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Nothing really, apart from the gentleman at the reception who was really friendly and recommended us a few places that we could visit.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was fine but the bathroom was tiny and you couldn't sit on the loo unless you sat sideways. But you get what you pay for.

The location was very close the station and Eurostar which was great

Everything. Dirty room, laminate floor damaged and lifting, false advertising as no bar and lounge for evening time which is reason we booked. On a busy street at night so hardly slept and checked out next morning. Was not expecting much for the price but the advertising is false very annoying.

• Double or Twin Room

The toilet door didn’t fully closed which was a little bit annoying.

The location was grate and the Metro och busstation was neat and easy to go at the main tourist attractions.

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty room, a tiny elevator (no elevator for the last floor), the shower had no light, no working TV

Staff didn't speak English but they try their best to help you

• Double or Twin Room

Dont change the bed sheet everyday. Morning Staff dont speak english.

The location is very nice. Nice view from the balcony. Second time staying in the same hotel. Recomended.

• Double or Twin Room

Non of the staff spoke anything but English. The door to our room did not lock you were able to just push it open. One small elavator for entire place, only used it once it’s always busy with a line. We were 4 stories up.

I liked the price of the hotel you couldn’t beat the price! The price was amazing and considering how little time you are actually in the hotel it was fine. the location wasn’t to bad. An amazing bakery 2 shops down cheap and delicious. Went there multiple times!!

• Double or Twin Room

room on 6th floor, but elevator until the 5th. Very crappy wi-fi, not working most of the time and very slow in those spare moments it worked. Sockets far from bed. Bathroom too small. Dodgy guests. Personnel did not speak English. You have to ring at night and sometimes it takes several minutes to open the door, leaving you freezing outside.

close to Gare du Nord

• Double or Twin Room

They said that room was soundproof.. Well not at all, you can hear everything. Some quest came in the middle of the night and you can hear everything they said and did, just like they were in the same room.

Location was great, and bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

I got bedbugs from this hotel!! I only stayed 2 nights but this is the worst hotel I have ever experienced! There was mold on the ceiling, the whole place smelt of damp, towels and bedsheets were dirty. The light was broken, bed was uncomfortable and walls were thin so you could hear everything from the next room. The plug socket was on the opposite side of the room to the bed which is ridiculous. Lots of noise from the street outside as there was construction works ongoing. The shower was tiny and I could barely turn around without touching the dirty walls. Stay somewhere else. The low price of this hotel is not worth the filthy and uncomfortable stay!

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel didn’t charge me the booking.com price the receptionist took out a calculator and calculated the price on the sPot and was more expensive than I was supposed to be paying. The hotel is so shabby. It is so grubby compared to the pictures. It is very noisy and dirty. The cleaning lady’s woke me up hovering outside my door very early outside and knocked on the door disturbing me too. Do not stay!

Gare du Nord near hotel

• Family Room

The room was dirty, there were staines in the bed and dust everywhere. The bathroom smelled of mold and when we went to ask if we can have new sheet after explaining to them, the guy said no! And from there on everything was NO. The guy was not nice, really rude, no customer approach or even bothered to help sort issues. The lady was nicer but overall the experience was terrible. Would not recommend even for a short!

The location was the only thing good about this place

small reception area with only one sofa.

Hotel is near the main central station (Gare du Nord Station) for other European countries. There are lots of food chains near hotel. Male staff at the reception is honest, very kind and helpful in all our queries. Will consider staying again in my future booking.

The heater in the room did not work during our entire stay and the temperature was between 3 to -3C in the nights. Despite complaining about the issue the staffs either didn't take the responsibility or gave lame excuses. Neither they changed the room nor did they repair the heater. Finally they were too rude and impolite towards us. And the property is not as new as it seems to be in the pictures; a bit old one yet clean.

The receptionist guided us to places within the city. It is located in the important part of the city very near to the station.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything, if you say you have cribs for infants then tell the truth. We were told a different excuse why they didnt have one, when on the website it states t does

• Double or Twin Room

This was a small hotel with small rooms with limited facilities,Staff did not speak English. WIFI was horribly slow and most of the time did not have enough coverage to do minimum.

Rooms had a beautiful view of the city, Close proximity to the train station and you can take the direct bus roots #42 (Eiffel) and #48 (Louvre Museum), and good Asian restaurants located in La-chapel around 150 mtrs away.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

VERY VERY NOISY AT NIGHT. DRUNK PEOPLE TALKING AND SMOKING ON THE STAIRS. VERY OLD SLOW NOISY ELEVATOR DO NOT EXPECT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. . FOR THEIR CHARGE YOU WILL GET MUCH MORE BETTER PLACE NEARBY. DON'T RISK IT. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU PAY INITIALLY YOU GET A RECEIPT BECAUSE THEY'LL TRY TO CHARGE YOU AGAIN.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Even though the hotel says it has wifi it does not work, when complaining about that fact the personal replays in a very rode manner. Then next day of the complain (by coincidence or not) my room did not received any cleaning service. The evening staff was rude and was yelling around to everyone.

Nothing. The hotel is by far the worst I have ever been. The evening/night staff was terribly rude and impolite, not taking responsibility of any of the guest complains and yelling to the guest and personal. To be fair, only the morning staff was friendly and helpful.

A little too hot in the bedrooms but we left the windows open at night so all good.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We left our luggage with them all day on our return which was a wonderful service to provide.

• Family Room

One power socket for the whole family room. Some staff refused to speak English. Small and cramped. Elevators only go up to the fifth floor. Clogged toilet.

Close to the train station. Pretty bustling place.

• Double or Twin Room

No customer service Rooms very small Bathroom not clean Dust in the room Over all nothing was good and it was really difficult with a baby along..

Only the hotel loacstion was good..

Toilet was quite small, with some leaking issue at the shower hose. Few bed bugs found. Quite noisy from morning traffic. Had to go downstairs and asked their staff to get hot water for your tea.

In walking distance to Gare Du Nord. Room was compact but comfy enough for 2 adults and 1 child. Fair place to sleep. Stable wifi provided. Free luggage storage. The spinning stairs were steep, use elevator instead. Bus stop just in front of the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The room is small, especially the bathroom. You literally can wash your hands sitting on the toilet

Location is good. Close to the nord train and metro station.easy to get to airport by train

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not clean enough and had a stench of dampness from bathroom that wasn’t properly ventilated.

It was value for money and went with realisation that it wasn’t going to be the Ritz. Bed was fine and shower great and really that was all that was looking for.

• Double or Twin Room

Room quality was very bad. Bathroom and washroom was so dirty. And insects everywhere in the room.

They should provide good care for their customers. The room quality was terrible

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is very limited and few options, same everyday. Bathroom is very small and uncomfortable. Sometimes its smelly. I dont think a big person will fit into. Dresser is so dusty.

Very near to Gare Du Nord and Sacre Couer.

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The bedbugs were disgusting and all over the place. I inform the staff and they didn't even care.

• Double or Twin Room

They have charged the price two times (may be, because of my late arrival), but not payed back. Now i have trouble to get money back to my card account))

• Double or Twin Room

Room too hot, bathroom smelt, under bed not swept, TV small, problems with wi-fi.

We needed a bed at short notice due to failure of other accommodation plans and did not want to pay a lot. This was basic accommodation.

• Family Room

We booked this very last minute - at midnight , and checked in at 3am. The staff were very friendly and let us in to our room on ground floor which was great as we had so much luggage. The room was very large with 2 very comfortable beds, clean with a good shower. This was perfect for us as we just needed to sleep for a few hours. 2 minute walk to Gare du Nord.

The hotel was just very average. There was no wifi available. And the rooms very really very tiny and no very good. There is no sitting are in the hotel and no apologies from the staff. Really a not a good start of our trip in France.

Wi-fi reception poor.

If you want a base for a few days within walking distance of Gare d Nore. This is a great place. Basic and tight for space but for the price well worth the money

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very dirty. The floor wasn't cleaned properly there were crumbs all over and we found a few ants crawling around. The bathroom was tiny and the lighting was terrible so it was hard to see, the same for the room - lighting was terrible. The bed sheets had holes in them from how old they were, i doubt they were washed. I had to purchase a set of bed sheets to put over the bedding to be able to sit/lay down. There was no AC but they did provide a fan which helped. There was no refrigerator to keep drinks cold. Good thing we were only there two nights. The window area was very old and dirty, the outside of the building could use some upkeep, typical Parisian windows are lovely but the outside needs to be cleaned too.

We liked the location as it was a block away from Gare Du Nord and Gare De l'Est which are two major train stations and take you literally anywhere you need to go in Paris, CDG airport, outskirts of France, London, etc. The room was quiet and cozy. There was an elevator which is great as many locations do not have them.

• Family Room

Hotel is terrible. Dirty room, bathroom and lavatories not clean, bugs in the bed , disaster (all of this for the room price above 150 € !!!) Cleaning lady was trying to convience me in the morning that I brought in the buggs with my luggage ?? !! Unacceptable. The only positive moment there was a kind receptionist Maria but cleaning ladies are catastrophic (not doing their jobs at all). The Manager of this Hotel should be realy worried about its reputation.

Nothing. The worse Hotel I`ve been to.

• Family Room

I arrived into the hotel with my elder parents and my kid. My parents are old and were expecting the room heater to work. It did not and hotel staff in the night did not know how to. When asked, they asked us to leave the hotel in the midnight if we wish. Hotel Staff in the night was rude and attitude was not right. Seems like this hotel and its staff are already complacent that it will always gets booked as it is closer to the Gare Du Nord. However to mention, the staff (two ladies) at front desk were quite helpful.

Location was close to train station.

I asked for a Double room with 3 Single Beds, but upon arrival I was told no double room was available and was instead offered 2 single rooms and having to juggle between the rooms was not nice, on the second and third nights I was moved into a very small room with my family which included a double bed and a small sofa as a bed in the corner and there was hardly any room to move in the room. The worst part of it was there was no toaster or any thing resembling a continental breakfast which I specifically asked for, no eggs no toast etc. Staff were very unhelpful. Very bad experience overall. My suggestion is never to book a hotel that is not reputable like IBIS , etc.

We went in the summer, it was very hot in the afternoon and evening, but the hotel doesn't have air-conditioner. The room was too small for 3 people.

The location is perfect,which is close to the gare station- Paris Nord. Furthermore, it is located in district 10, it is easy to go to visit a lot of places. The staffs were extremely nice; although the facility was quite poor, they tried to offer us as much as they can when we asked them to borrow sth.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was very tiny not recommended for big person (unlike the pictures). The sheets were dirty (blood trails) the mattress is not confortable at all. Very bad sound proofing and 1 broken window !!! not enough equipment (soaps, towels) , bad wifi conection

Hotel near the train station and Receptionist very helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is dirtier and older (more-signs-of-usage-type older) than in pictures and there was constantly little ants running across the room (not the bitey ones luckily). If bugs don't mind you, then it's okay, because bed was comfortable and if you spend all day out like we did, then anything else don't matter. Breakfast was poor, taken in count that one breakfast per face cost about 8€. I recommend to take a room without breakfast and search around hotel for cheaper, but better breakfast (there are many places already open at 8 AM expect Sunday, you can get a warm dish and coffee for 5€).

The location of hotel was quite good, accessible from many smaller metro stations and big metro Gare du Nord (which is connected to Charles de Gaulle airport by RER). Staff was okay, not overly friendly but not If you're visiting Paris for sightseeing and so, and little dirtiness doesn't mind you, it's okay hotel for that price. We got a complimentary room with a balcony with a view to the Eiffel tower.

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel said they had parking facilities available and the price is displayed on the website and booking.com, both of which were falsely advertised as far as I am concerned. We rang up before we booked to check the price for parking and they confirmed €20 per day, which was fine. We were charged €95 when taking the car out of the parking after 3 days, The car park is NOT owned or run by the hotel. They charged us €35 more because we had not got the ticked stamped by the hotel. We were never told by the parking attendant or hotel staff that we had to hold onto the ticket or get it stamped to avail of the discount. We complained to the hotel and they did nothing about it and then they said they could not do anything as it was a separate company. We felt robbed. It was disgraceful the way we were treated. we complained strongly to the parking attendant and showed him our receipt from the hotel and he claimed he did not speak English and refused to except the receipt even though he had a copy of our receipt in his hand.. it was pure robbery or a tourist and noting less. Absolutely disgraceful We were also very unhappy with the room size and that it had no air conditioning. We should be refunded the €35 extra which we paid for parking

That we were out of this hotel for most of the day visiting Paris

• Double or Twin Room

The very thin walls, I thought this lady was being assaulted my first night by her screams. Sounded like she was in my room with me, this went on for a while. I even wondered if I was next to a brothel as she started back up at 6am. The floor was dusty and the bathroom didn't smell nice at all, like there was a drain problem.

The property is close to the train station.

We couldn't open the doors onto the balcony, there was a very bad leak in the bathroom which they had stuffed towels under that were soaking wet and the 3rd bed was like a fold up bed, the wire support under the mattress was held in place by string, which subsequently collapsed during the night, leaving my son sleeping on half a bed. Just needs things checking regularly including checking light bulbs that work.

Clean bed linen.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no air conditioning. (Dried blood ?) stained the sheets. The bathroom was good except that it wasn't very clean. I could also hear everything that my nextdoor neighbor's were saying

The location is really convenient, its only a 7 minute walk to the metro station. We booked 2 rooms and both of the rooms were on the first floor. The double bed room did not have a lot of space but the triple bedroom was much bigger and better. Although, the receptionist was quite friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

the bed sheet smell bad and the service quite slow . we have to wait for almost one hour until we can get into our room . Moreover, there were some trash left around the window

location is good near public transportation and easy to find

Nothing Special

Very small lift with manual doors, washroom was very small and dirty environment. no toiletries. Rooms are having multiple doors which are irritating to get in and our of the room.

Browse Hôtel Maubeuge Gare du Nord traveller photo gallery