Reviews of Melia Paris Vendome 4 stars

8 Rue Cambon, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#469 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Melia Double Room

Great hotel at the best location. It exceeded our expectations. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast with great choices. Can’t wait to come back !!

The AC could be cooler. Especially during the heatwave

Fransisco at the front desk was really helpful. Location is amazing right in the shopping area

• Premium Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

pretty much nothing.

The building itself is lovely, and so is the staff. When we got to our room, we noticed a gap between the top of the door and the frame. Despite this, and being in front of the stairwell/elevators, the room was very quiet. It was quite big too, with a lot of room around the bed which was the widest bed I've ever seen, wide enough for three persons actually. We'd have prolonged the stay if we could have, because this hotel is just awesome. The bathroom was nicely laid out, even including a bathtub.

• Melia Double Room

I booked two rooms inclusive breakfast (icon was checked) but the hotel told use that it was not included and only optionally in the price. Therefore, we had to pay for the breakfast again.

Perfect location in the center of Paris. Very nice breakfast.

• Melia Double Room

- No soundproofing, can hear noise of people passing through in the corridor and also from the floor above. - Electrical switch board buzzing even with all lights off. - Breakfast hygiene is approximative. >> It doesn’t deserve 4 stars, sorry.

Location is amazing.

• Melia Double Room

The toilets could use some upgrading.

Very nice and elegant hotel. I love the neighbourhood. It is always lovely to go back to Paris, and it's even better to have a nice address to go back to.

• Melia Double Room

The bathroom didn't have a fan or a window, so it got very warm, but if you left the door open it really wasn't an issue.

The room was incredibly well located, clean, comfortable, and relatively spacious. The hotel had a sweet bar at the front which was free to guests! I would definitely stay there again!

• Melia Double Room

A/C not working properly in any of our two rooms, we reported it to front desk everyday, they said they would take care but our rooms were an oven ! Only for that reason I would consider staying there again in hot periods.

• Grand Premium Double Room

The only problem I had was that I had to cut my trip shorter and was not able to work anything out for the days I didn't stay in the hotel. This was my fault in having to change things, but my work is this way often, so it is helpful to be able to work something out with the hotels I stay in.

My room was light and sizable, the staff very courteous.

• Premium Double Room

If I had to pick one thing, it would be the small lifts but I believe that's common in Paris and many European cities.

Room was spacious, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had an incredible stay in such a beautiful city and neighborhood. We would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone going to Paris. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, especially the gentleman who checked us in (name escapes me) and the Concierge Antoine went above and beyond to help us upon check-in. Well done :)

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Melia Double Room

The wi-fi was not working very well most of the time and it could be improved. Also there were no slippers in the room or bathrobes. But the towels were adequate , always clean and soft.

Location is excellent, near all the important monuments , walking distance to Louvre, Grande Palais and the Christmas Village on Champs Elyssee. The staff was very kind, smiling, helpful with all our requests. There were chocolates in the room one day and two bottles of fruit nectar together with macarons another day. Very comfortable bed and pillows and the room even though not large was spacious enough. Overall we had a wonderful stay at Melia Paris Vendome.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Melia Double Room

It's small and pricey, but it's hard to fault the Melia for that, everything in Paris is a bit cramped and expensive. Parking was not that easy for me, I spent 30 min wandering around until I found a garage around the block.

Location is about perfect for central Paris, I walked to everything. Breakfast was VERY good. Modern touches to hotel, but still has the "Old Paris" feel, I will look at staying here again.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Melia Double Room

The rooms on the street are a little noisy at night.

The staff were excellent, very helpful when we needed them. The location is great, just a short walk to the Louvre, with a metro just 2mins down the road.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Melia Double Room

Antoine on the staff as well as the concierge were absolutely fantastic. I discovered JUST as I arrived that I'd had my wallet stolen. Antoine especially went above and beyond to help me sort myself out. I got the impression that they really wanted to take care of me after such a scary thing. Losing everything in a strange city can be absolutely horrible, but despite it I had a wonderful overnight at the Melia Vendome. Thanks for all the help. The hotel itself is lovely and in a very nice part of town. You fall out of bed and you're in place de Concorde.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Melia Double Room

Room a little small for an 8 day stay but bigger than my river cruiser state room. I would be happy to stay here again.

Friendly, courteous, helpful staff. Good breakfast buffet. Quiet, newly refurbished room with marble bathroom and separate marble toilet room.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Melia Double Room

Staff is very kind, professional and helpful. Hotel is right in the centre of main attractions and next to Concorde metro and near the Seine. A few minutes walk through Touileries gardens and you get to the Louvre Great Breakfast!

• Premium Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Small lift. Old carpet

Location amazing. Staff very good. Nice room. Suitable for kids.

• Premium Double Room

Shower part of bath so too small.

Good breakfast. Friendly staff Good location.

Excellent breakfast, location and staff

Pricy, small room and bed as well.

Location and staff

• Melia Double Room

it was very cold in the room!!!! no heating....

• Melia Twin Room

need improved facilities e.g. ordering taxi's. The room service food was very average unfortunately.

Great bar and waiting area,

The staff exceptional

• Premium Double Room

Parking facility. Impossible to park and no valet parking.

The location is perfect

Room needs an overhaul

Breakfast was god.

• Grand Premium Double Room

Could be more drawers for clothing

Size of room, cleanliness and position of hotel

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Melia Double Room

It would have been good if a light breakfast was included as the room was quite expensive.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Air condition did not work

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Melia Double Room

Decor a bit tired, could do with a refurbish.

Bed was great. Breakfast was great too.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

We had no big problems.

People of hotel very friendly. Location very good.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

I love the location.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Melia Double Room

breakfasts express should include a bit more

good choice in the buffet

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Location and flowers

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Melia Double Room

Location was fantastic. Metro station was a 2 minute walk from hotel. Nice local restaurants just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Melia Double Room

Comfy bed and the cleaning was very good...

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Small and old rooms

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Melia Double Room

Bed is not very comfortable

Very good location and friendly stuff. Room is spacious and nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Le rapport qualite/prix

La situation

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Grand Premium Double Room

easy and and fast to book the Hotel, but we did not have the detail, such as the buffet breakfast was not included and was too expensive

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Temperature was a bit too hot in the room even when heating was shut down. When opening windows it was a bit too noisy...

Treatment was excellent, they even have as a special present when knowing it was such a special weekend for us. All team was extremely kind. Rooms are well maintained and comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Please see above.

This is overall a good property. Unfortunately I was placed in a location closed to the service elevator where every night the laundry was delivered at 2:00am and the clanking noise of the elevator would wake me up. I have stayed in other rooms and they were just fine. The staff offered to moved me but I was settled and was busy with work and had no time to move.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

In general room and breakfast too expensive for what you get; I guess you pay extra for the location. Bathroom was very small and room too hot. The main problem was the noise. We unfortunately had a room with a connecting door. Very poor sound isolation through the connection door. We could hear every word our neighbors were saying, which was particularly annoying since they stayed up until the middle of the night. I think this is only a problem in the rooms with connecting doors since we didn't hear any of our other neighbors. My advise would be to ask a room without connecting doors.

excellent location; nice lobby; good bed

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The room was a little traditional with wood, a taupe silk wallpaper and brown carpet. Therefore although comfortable, the colours and lighting were a little dated

The size and facilities of the accommodation. The location which makes it easy to walk to shops, the Louvre and otherplaces of interest.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

No tea making facilities in the room. We English love our early morning cup of tea. A light in the wardrobe area would have been good. Had to use a torch each time we went to open the safe. No view but not too bothered about that.

All of the above as shown. Mostly we liked it all and hope to come back for New Year. Please send us details of rates for period over New Year 2015/2016.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Bed was extremely uncomfortable- like sleeping on a stiff board. Aircon was stuffy and make it hard to sleep

Breakfast was great, location great also. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Wifi was slow sometimes. We would love to have coffee maker in bedroom and the option of buying a continental breakfast besides the buffet.

The best part about the hotel was the location- near all the action like Paris museums and landmarks and cafes! At same time hotel was quiet and peaceful at night,

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

Air conditioner sounded like I had the drummer for Rolling Stones playing whisky I tried to slee when I told them I got a sorry we will fix it ( after I checked out ) breakfast ends early so you snooze you lose and they don't make exceptions

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Very little cupboard space in the room for clothes and the furnishings appeared a bit tired and scuffed. Rooms at the Melia Trypp Francois (3 star) are smaller but much more ornate.

Hotel is well-located, reception areas are clean and neat. Room was spacious and clean. Most staff were generally friendly and we received a lovely welcome gesture of champagne and snacks.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2015

The front house manager who was responsible for the whole hotel was incredibly rude when I complained about the staff attitude at breakfast ( I had asked for a high chair to be wiped down as it was filthy). The king size bed in our room had a gap in the middle. The standard doubles are very cramped ( superior rooms are better). Breakfast selection was of low quality and there was insufficient variety ( didn't try any other meals)

Proximity to place vendome, some of the staff were very pleasant to us.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

-We arrive n got room on second floor but key card does not work, so I have to run down to reception twice, reception doesn't not quite helpful, then I have got room changed to 601, which is a nightmare. Room 601 is the worst room. Air flow is very bad and heat keeps coming from the roof, air condition does not work. Asking hotel to change room again and things are ok.

we like location

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

Protesting Kitchen employees, and possibly maids, were having a wage dispute and were protesting loudly, inside the hotel lobby with shouts, whistles and clapping. 2Nd property had loud guests that you could hear through the wall!

Room was spacious and hotel was in walking distance of major Paris attractions such as the Louvre, L'Orangerie and D'Orsay museums. Desk staff and bar tender were pleasant and helpful. Staff moved us to another quieter property by taxi when wage issues arose.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

When we arrived we were told that in spite of our confirmed booking we don't have a room and NOBODY bothered to send us an email or sms! Staff were arrogant and unfriendly - not apologetic. We should be grateful that they rebooked us in totally different part of the City. I paid for both taxis, waisted 1.5 hour of my time waited for 20 min for the taxi outside of the hotel, and was allocated 2 miles away from our friends whom we came to see..... Never again! Manager was particularly unfriendly.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

The first room was unbearably hot in February, even with the heat off. Opening the window invited street noise and 5am dumpster racket. The replacement room was excellent and quiet, and was probably an upgrade. Don't get a streetside room in winter. I appreciated the change. The wifi was nearly useless. They said the wifi is going to be redone, and I won't stay there until it is; there is no reason for the delay in improvement.

Excellent location for tourists like us, and clean up to date furnishings. The staff are professional and always try to attend to customers' needs.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Price of drinks in the bar were very expensive and Wifi came and went frequently!

An excellent atmosphere with attentive staff and comfortable spacious room with a well equipped bathroom for the overnight traveler

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

The room was to hot and we were unable to fix it, after complaining at the desk it became a little better but not in order. The cleaning staff knocked on the door every morning even with the "not disturb"sign outside and even opened the door.

We really liked the location as it served well our purpose.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Decore of the hotel very old and need renovation and the elevator very small only can take two person. Internet very slow and there is no resturant inthe hotel only breakfast and small bar i do not advise any one to book it

Location perfect and staff freindly

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

the bar service was medium , price is too high . bed comfort is very medium internet connection weak at least during my stay .

Location is excellent , very nice breakfast , kindness and service at reception very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

The worst internet I've seen . So "free wifi " add is just a scam. I had to send an urgent e-mail. I had to walk at every point of the floor to find a fast spot. NO LUCK. I went to lobby floor to business center (one computer only ) & found out that we have to pay to use it. !!. 28 Eu breakfast is very expensive . No sprite , or 7 up in mini bar.

Location Staff Clean

• Reviewed: 16 January 2015

I hardly write reviews, only when the stay was exceptionally positive or exceptionally negative - like in this case. Everything in this hotel is old and worn out. Book this - if you like to travel back in time. Definitely not a 4 star, more like a 2-3 star. Much better value to be found, even in Paris.

Location Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

breakfast is expensive

location and friendly staff is all you need.hotel is nice,clean.Room is comfort and warm.Bed is ok. Probably the best option to be in center of the Paris and visit all by walk.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Two beds together are NOT a Double bed

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Room service personnel very unfriendly.

Nice front desk reception and concierge service. A real boutique hotel. Good location.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

Excellent location; Clean and comfortable;

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Room was very hot. No restaurant.

Great position. Quite comfortable. Good but expensive breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Have stayed here before. Great location, nice hotel, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

The size of the bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Rooms are very small, the toilet has no ventilation

Perfect Location!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

i liked the room area, staff were nice, location is great

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Great location ,service was good, room is clean.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Melia Paris Vendome traveller photo gallery