Reviews of Mercure Lille Centre Vieux Lille 4 stars

27 rue des Tours, 59000 Lille, France

#27 of 53 hotels in Lille

Great hotel for 1 night away situated on a great location with nice bars and restaurants.

Parking: the button/doorbell is unreachable from within the car so you need to get out. And regarding breakfast, the egg boiling machine doesnt boil... it's just warm water.

Bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Located in the center, easy accessible by car.

Rooms are nice but the smell of the air conditioning is unpleasant. If you open the window it gets noisy. During summer I would think twice.

Located in the center, easy accessible by car. Friendly staff.

Overall we were thrilled
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very small (but we didn't mind).

The staff were very helpful and friendly with our questions, directions and more questions. The location was superb and Vieux Lille superb. Breakfast was great and the wait staff wonderful and funny.

A super city break
    • Standard Twin Room

On Friday night could overhear nearby party until early hours, aircon sent air straight at my bed and couldn't be re-directed. Lack of hotel restaurant compensated for by nearby excellent facilities. The black and white map could have been substituted for a colour map that provided some useful tips about city opening hours, nearby markets etc.

Super location near old town and multiple excellent restaurants in nearby rue de Gand, good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, useful private on-site parking.

We had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality!

The bathrooms stink

Most of the staff spoke english, however I do speak french, so it doesn't really matter, but for those of you who do not, it's a nice touch. Breakfast seemed a bit pricey, but not many places are open early, so it's a good value, I think in hindsight.

Really dissapointing!
    • Duplex Family Room (2 Adults)

Check in staff kept popping out for a cigarette when reception wasn't busy. Very uncomfortable bed. It was a warm weekend and with the window open the external noise was really bad and kept the children awake. Mercure need to up their game; I had a similarly poor experience when I stayed at one of their hotels in Melbourne a couple of months ago. I won't use them again.

Good location and reasonable breakfast.

Great value, great service, excellent location.

The hotel is in a perfect location. The staff were very friendly. The rooms - tho super small- were adequate and entirely comfortable. I slept almost 11 hours. I have no complaints about noise!

Room divided into two floors but toilet on one floor and bed...

Room divided into two floors but toilet on one floor and bed and shower and basin on the first floor. This meant having to go downstairs to the toilet and having no sink there to wash your hands.

Is clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

I don't happy with my room where the toilet and bathroom are on different stage. Is dangerous if during your sleep you have for example go to the toilet or even the bathromm using the stairs.

Is clean.

Warm, welcoming, well-located but in need of a bit more attention to detail and quality of food.

The well-designed if snug bedroom, was let down by how poorly arranged it was. Toilet needed to be cleaner. Breakfast was unremarkable with the soupiest scrambled eggs I've ever seen at a bkfst buffet and the coffee was dreadful.

The staff were very welcoming, the location is excellent, and the room rates we got were superb.

Friendly staff and great location.

No hotel restaurant/bar for a drink may inconvenience some people or might be an issue if staying for a few days.

Staff were extremely friendly. Room, while small, was very comfortable, warm, and quiet. Location to old town was extremely good, in particular being 2 minutes stroll home from our restaurant on the nearby Rue de Gand (which has many lovely restaurants).

Could be better and isn't very cheap. Great location though.

Stairs and lifts very pokey and although the room was a duplex, it was pretty small. The sink drain also smelt very drainy.

Great location and good staff, however the hotel had a rather tired feeling.

Lovely few days spent in lovely Lille, hotel fabulously convenient, friendly staff & great breakfast
    • Duplex Family Room (2 Adults)

The only downside was the road was a little noisy at rush hour even though the rest of the time it was a quiet side street. I’m not sure if this was due to road closures for the Christmas market.

Fabulous breakfast, great location. Room had great layout for families.

Good location away from the city centre but within easy walking distance

The lifts worked OK but were small and need upgrading.

Hotel was well located in the old part of Lille with many small restaurants and only a 15 minute walk to the town centre. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was also very good with a good selection on offer.

Location was good and the parking secure.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bit small for two people and not a lot of space to put bags etc. Bathroom lacked storage. Lift is tiny and does not provide much confidence.

Location was good and the parking secure.

OK but a low end 4 start hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

The twin beds were narrow, the mattresses were basic and not comfortable. They had added a topper to the mattress which was not held in place. The bed sheets were too small so could not stay in situ - therefore the entire bed arrangement 'fell apart' during the night. Only one coffee or tea was possible per day as only one small milk container was provided per person.

TV picture was a very high quality, shower pressure good and water hot.

Super staff super stay super value 👍

It was perfect for us !

Everything was super 😃 Ultra clean Safe facility was easy & cool Bedding firm & supportive Shower fab ! Breakfast 200% Can't wait to stay again 👍

Very disappointed.

I had booked a smoking room which was confirmed prior to arrival. when we arrived we were put in a double privelage room but when i questioned with reception i was told this was non smoking. When I explained i had booked a smoking room I was told there were none available and in fact had they been they would have been cheaper! I asked to move and was told that if I did I would not get a refund. Upon checking I was then informed that there was building work going on in the floor for smoking rooms and there were none available. The receptionist said he would ask the manager if there was anything that could be done. I later asked reception if there was anything that the manager had said and was told that as we had not booked breakfast (which we rarely eat that is why I hadnt booked it) we could have breakfast free of charge as compensation. I was extremely disappointed as this was my first total hotel holiday I normally go for one night and stay in caravans but as it was mine and my husbands wedding anniversary on the 25th I thought I would give us a treat. I have since complained to the hotel on my return but have not heard anything.

the shower

Good

The room we had had some drainage pipe work inside the wall and you could here water passing from the floors above, I am a very light sleeper.

Very close to centre.

A bit disappointing

On the pictures on Booking.com the hotel seemed nicer than it actually was. The breakfast buffet was nice, but the breakfast area not and also very noisy.

Nice location, center of lovely downtown. In 15 min from SNCF station by walk.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was little noisy from outside, since many restaurants and bars are there. This is also convenient for somebody.

Nice location, center of lovely downtown. In 15 min from SNCF station by walk.

Very central comfortable hotel near a lot of restaurants

The bathroom could have been more hygienic. We found some hairs in the shower and there was one layer toilet paper (I'm really not one to complain about the small stuff, but for a four star hotel we didn't expect this).

Amazing location, near a lot of restaurants and a very small walk to the market square. The staff was really nice and helped us a lot during our weekend in Lille. A big thanks to the reception staff!

Great location close to the best restaurants!

Our air conditioning wasn't working properly and although we told the receptionist it wasn't corrected. We had a lovely room with a sitting area but the bedroom was upstairs with toilet downstairs and no washbasin apart from upstairs in the shower room

Great location just around the corner from some wonderful restaurants! Hotel has been refurbished to a good standard

In love with Lille
    • Duplex Family Room (3 Adults)

We liked everything! Every single thing.

This was our second time in wonderful Lille - and the charming hotel with its lively, beautiful location and the most cheerful mood proved once again the perfect choice. Our duplex was giant, had a beautiful view and everybody here is so so friendly and helpful! The people who work here all seem to love their job. I was here with my family who had to leave after the weekend while I stayed on for research and I never felt lonely as the staff makes you feel like one of the family. I left booking our next trip here.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

welcoming

the room we had the toilet was very small and difficult to use

the hotel staff were friendly and tried their best to help although their English was limited

Beautiful, comfortable hotel in a magic location
    • Duplex Family Room (3 Adults)

The only fact we did not like was that we had to depart.

The duplex we had was beautifully laid out and had the most wonderful, unforgettable view over the roofs of Lille from our huge windows with French balcony.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

comfortable rooms
    • Standard Twin Room

It was difficult to get to the hotel through the one way system and temporarily closed streets due to road works. Poorly signposted. We wasted about 40 minutes. It was noisy on Friday and Saturday nights - drunken revellers outside (or inside?) the hotel. Initial invoicing through booking.com was inaccurate. The amount debited from my account for 2 prepaid rooms was more than the headline figure shown on the booking.com website (£798.18 instead of the £763 I thought I was being charged). This was because the hotel added the local taxes for 4 people without adding them to the total on the website (in fact we were only 2 people). They also debited my account in two transactions with separate bank charges whereas I thought I had approved a single figure. I have alerted booking.com to this as it seems highly irregular but have so far had no response. Final billing was also a mess, although I did get a refund. I have decided not to take up discounted prepayment offers in future.

comfortable rooms

Clean small rooms perfectly located near Rue the Gand

The room we had was small and we expected some more toiletteries like shower cap and body lotion.

The hotel was located close to the Rue the Gand and at welcome distance from the major squares. Parking for 12 euro per night in the garage was also a fair price.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Excellent hotel, central location, secure parking, fantastic staff

This hotel is centrally located in the heart of Lille with secure underground parking. The staff are outstanding and went above and beyond to make are stay excellent. Good size rooms for a city center hotel. The reception gave us a tip on where to eat and it was some of the best food we have had at a reasonable price. Highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

A budget three star Inn
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is within the peripheral area of the centre. It is more of an inn than a hotel. With one receptionist found all the work. There were no restaurant and no working climate control unit throughout the property during our two night stay. We complained about the air-conditioner and we were told that it would be fixed on the following day but nothing happened. While the weather was good, widows brought in mosquitoes.

The room is clean and the hotel had it's own parking.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Booked a standard double room which was on floor 3 up in the eaves. We switched the air conditioning off because it was noisy. Room was tiny, with not much space around the bed. Shower was a good size. On booking.com it said the Hotel had a bar which is incorrect. The night porter has a cupboard with two bottles of wine it it, hardly a bar.Breakfast was ok, no restaurant. Really not a 4* Hotel.

Clean, contemporary, stylish property. Excellent location for exploring the old town. Loved the secure parking.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Location was good and staff very friendly

Was upgraded to duplex room, bathroom upstairs off bedroom and only toilet down stairs down a steep staircase

Location was good and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Good business hotel, but ather sterile in character

Rather sterile, tries to be very modern look but lacks comfort. Let down by tiny ancient elevators, and bizarre duplex rooms with steep stairs to bed and shower, but with toilet and no handbasin below. Restaurant and bar area very clean but devoid of character or guests!

Location excellent. Efficient check in and out, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Friendly hotel close to Old Town Lille

The rich and tasty breakfast ! Very good start for an active day walking in the streets and visiting museums. Very friendly staff. Walking distance to Vieux Lille and the city center-

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Vieux-Lille central hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

The room had been set up as a twin at our request (I was sharing with my mother), but that meant the edge of my bed was under the bedside table, which was a little uncomfortable. Also the thick mattress topper kept shifting and was usually 9" off the edge of the bed by morning, again a little disconcerting.

Lovely helpful people, good breakfast, location in old town, many restaurants round the corner.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Problems with our room this time, but a very pleasant and convenient hotel nevertheless.

This particular room was split level, with the bed and shower upstairs, and toilet downstairs. The stairs were steep and slippery and I did slip and nearly fall when going down to the toilet in the night. Then, to wash your hands afterwards, you have to go back upstairs to the shower room - this seemed very badly thought out. But I often stay at this hotel and have had better laid-out rooms in the past.

The hotel has had a refit and electrical and sanitary fittings are now much better.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Not the same anymore

This hotel used to be pretty special when the rooms were split level and the beds were on a mezzanine. Maybe some of the rooms are still like this, but it appeared to us that Mercure have taken away this feature in the refurbishment. A great shame, we could have been anywhere in the world instead of in a unique environment. A little miffed that the previous occupier had been free to smoke in the room (the room had an ashtray!), we couldn't remember being advised that the room we were booking would smell of stale cigarette smoke.

The location is superb. We've stayed here before and it was this, and the 'missing' quirky layout, that brought us back. The underground secure car park is an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Right in Vieux Lille

The dodgy lifts. Water pressure in the shower. The room was very hot. Opening the window let in the Mosquitos!

Location Parking Very good room and comfy bed. Restaurants two minutes away

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Ok for short stay but not the best we have stayed in.
    • Duplex Family Room (3 Adults)

Room had two floors with toilet downstairs and bathroom up. It wasn't particularly warm in the room. The space around both the bed and bed sofa was tight.

Good breakfast. Free Wi-Fi.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Okay place for 2 nights.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not much for a Vegetarian for breakfast . Very poor Wifi. Room is sufficient only for one person

Staff was very friendly. Good location. The AC was not working. My first room had a fly in it! (then I got it changed). Rooms are all cramped up

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Fine if you like to pay too much for breakfast and are fully mobile.

The breakfast was extraordinarily expensive for what was on offer. The word RIP-OFF comes to mind in capital letters. Facilities for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility are poor. There is a set of stairs between the reception/breakfast area and the lift to rooms. On arrival, the receptionist was not particularly concerned about having a guest on crutches. Doors did not open automatically and she did not make a move to help at all.

Generally a pleasant, clean and relaxed hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Great Location, Friendly Staff For Central Lille
    • Standard Twin Room

Excellent location, very well-run hotel with friendly staff. All necessary facilities. Also garage at reasonable cost which helps with central location. Cannot ask for more.

A basic hotel, no frills in a great location to see the old town .

Pillows are awful

Romo size

Pleasant and convenient for what we wanted to do. Very nice to explore Old Lille from there.

Rather a small room, and not too keen on some of the furniture in the public spaces.

Lovely shower in the bathroom.

the smell from the drain in the bathroom

the smell from the drain in the bathroom

A nice hotel for a short stay in Lille to re-charge your batteries,

The price for breakfast was too expensive,17 euros,

Lovely quiet location,but close to the centre.

Perfect location for old town!

Perfect location for old town! Really clean

Fallen in love with Lille

Really friendly staff, good choice of breakfast and excellent location. Right in the heart of things but beautifully peaceful.

Good location and helpful staff but rooms a little tired.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was a little cramped and tired

Very good location and with a car park in the centre, which was good

Exactly what we were expecting

Value for money and position.

The decoration and the situation

Small parking spaces

The decoration and the situation

the central location.
    • Duplex Family Room (2 Adults)

its compact duplex room, inconvenient location of shower room and toilet on different floor.

the central location.

Great location and staff

The breakfast is very expensive and rooms are a little small

The hotel was just as expected, the staff was very friendly and the bed comfy

Clean, easy and accessible - a comfortable stay at a good price.
    • Standard Twin Room

No shampoo or conditioner in the shower! :(

Very comfortable beds and clean rooms.

Nothing no

Great visit and stay
    • Duplex Family Room (2 Adults)

Excellent accomodation in the middle of the town

Short and sweet.
    • Standard Twin Room

Really need a decent postcode for satnav as was difficult to find.

Locality and car parking

Was clean and comfortable

Not enough room for breakfast

Was clean and comfortable

Good hotel but a little out of the way

Good hotel but a little out of the way

Excellent location

Excellent location

Pretty much fit for purpose.

Entrance in a bit of a quiet back street.

Very modern ambiance and very helpful receptionists

Good location and comfortable
    • Standard Twin Room

Not bar breakfast area a little exposed to the reception area

Location parking and beds

good location and has own secure car park

noisy delivery drivers outside window at 6 oclock in the morning

good location and has own secure car park

the rooms are not too big but just convenient

breakfast cost

the rooms are not too big but just convenient

good location, near old city, clean room

small room

breakfast +++

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Cosy

Small room

Very comfortable bed and a good breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Excellent location and value-for-money!

A more modern elevator. It was very slow and sometimes it did open & close like it should.

A very quiet room. The room was also very big!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great hotel, great location

Staff extremely helpful and bright, great breakfast, good parking, superb location in centre

Quite a basic hotel, small room, but great location.

Room was really small.

Room was reasonably well equipped and very clean. Excellent location for the old town.

Nice boutique hotel

Uncomfortably pillows.

Neat and tidy boutique hotel located in heart of the old town.

Pleasant After-work location with lots of restaurants

Difficult to access due to construction in the entire vicinity. All streets leading to the hotel were blocked.

Private, underground parking.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Lovely location, but quite expensive.
    • Standard Twin Room

Was charged more than what was stated.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Location and right by a street of restaurants.

Location and right by a street of restaurants. Good value. Walkable from station.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Perfect for an overnight stay
    • Duplex Family Room (3 Adults)

Very convenient position for exploring the old town. Parking underneath the hotel.

Browse Mercure Lille Centre Vieux Lille traveller photo gallery