Reviews of Mercure Paris Terminus Nord 4 stars

21 rue de Dunkerque , 10th arr., 75010 Paris, France

#1249 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

It could be nice when I had a bath tub in my room.

Nice location direct faced to the Gare de Nord. It is easy to find. Hotel staffs are very kind. Bathroom is wide and clean. Breakfast is also good.

The decor is very tired and the hotel is under renovation which was not mentioned at the time of booking.

The position is excellent for anyone using Gare du Nord. The nearby restaurants are good and lively. Staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough to overcome any issues caused by the refurb.

• Superior Twin Room

I have used the Hotel on many occasions, pretty much every time they have given a double room where a twin has been booked. Most times they have changed it, this time they did not, they did say a that a cut in fee would be put forward. It wasn't

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel was being refurbished therefore facilities not that good. Our room was small and very tired and the toilet blocked, however it was dealt with quickly when we reported it.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The bathroom was very dated with a 6 inch gap all along the bathroom door 🚪 The TV selection is terrible I know we don’t come to watch tv 📺 but 1 English Channel which was the news all the other channels was not turned correctly, it’s nice to come in the evening and watch a film in English 😁

Location, room service, cleaning of rooms, great location and friendly staff

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Hotel is under long needed upgrades and renovation.

Location is superb for Paris Nord station. You are in the station within 15 seconds of leaving the hotel.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Most of Hôtel was closed due to renovations. The description on the website was nothing to what we got when we arrived. A side door leading to a desk with small room with tables.

The staff. We’re very helpful and polite, they even changed our room.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Hotel under renovation, but was no bother. Only stayed for one night and the convenience of the location alone was worth it.

Great location right across the street from Gare du Nord & next to Terminus Nord. Comfortable room albeit a little older.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

You're next to the station but might get mugged... The hotel is so expensive for what you get it'll make your head spin. Don't get the breakfast! The room is small, dirty and so old The whole place is under maintenance from leaks?

It's next to the train station

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel is old and really needs renovation. There is only one lift which takes ages to get up and down. The carpet in my room was really disgusting. The shower was not good it needed pressure. Certainly the worse Mercure I have been in and certainly not a 4****

Good to be to close to the Gare du Nord Station. City center is very accessible from there.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The bathroom has seen better days - it was clean but the enamel was chipped in the sink and the bath.

My room was very nice, a good size, quiet and clean. The bed was large and comfortable and there was plenty of room for my clothes and luggage.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Hotel was under renovation so it was difficult to find the entrance and we were assigned a small room. Maybe if the room was bigger we would have enjoyed our stay more

The hotel is very convenient because it is just beside Gare du Nord and the metro station. Staff were also very friendly.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

We were awoken both mornings of our stay at 8am - first day by cleaners and second day by other guests as the rooms were so close/walls thin. This was quite disappointing as we were quite tired due to getting a late Eurostar over, so being woken at 8am was not ideal!

The location couldn’t have been better for getting the Eurostar/ travelling around Paris as tourists - very helpful that you could also leave luggage at concierge on the ground floor all day after checking out. Room was pleasant and comfortable for what we needed.

• Privilege Double Room

Just the internet and few staff. Wifi is poor and customers need to pay extra for better coverage. I think a good wifi should be complement Only few staff were not friendly and helpful.

The location and most of the staff are great!

State of our room, carpet badly stained everywhere and hairdryer old but they are renovating so I assume this will change

Staff very helpful and friendly,close to everything you need

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

When we came in - the room is not like we expected - its a bit small with toilet are split into 2 - bathroom and toilet.. very funny!!. The bed was not comfortable and we complaint to the reception and they change us to a new room - the last one available they said. That's much better with comfy bed. We get an upgrade the last time we stay here but not this time but its okay as we were only there for 2 nights. The hotel is under renovation (it was not mentioned at all by Booking.com) - and the entrance was moved to a different place where it was not seen if you're not familiar with that place. We have to ask people around there when we arrive.

Its just in front of the Gare Du Nord Station - very convenient to us whose travelling to London via train after that. Halal food is scattered nearby the Hotel.. Just choose what you like and its affordable.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

I've been here before refurbishment and liked it so hoped for more of the same but unfortunately it was a dreadful stay. Did not sleep as lumpy bed + room was far too hot despite turning off radiators (that had been out on max), turning on AC (which made lobby cool but did nothing for area with bed), opening window AND dousing self in wet towels. I'd expect those temperatures in the Caribbean not inside a Paris hotel in January. Room service was overpriced for what it was. Check in was chaos as only two people for big crowd. Check out took ages too. Won't be returning...

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel is under renovation with scaffolding on the facade. Rooms on the courtyard have a view in front rooms which are 2 meters far. The bath towels are so old and small. Their color is grey instead of white.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Parking was a headache. The staff offered 25% off because the only parking is at the Metro station. They recommend you to find someone at the Metro to honor the 25% discount card. We were unable to find someone to honor it. We were also expecting a view with our room but we were given a room with a lot of construction right outside our window attached to our balcony. When we asked for a different room a few doors down away from construction we were told that the rooms if not being renovated on the outside were being renovated on the inside. The next morning we witness a few guests checking out of some of those very rooms. Our Television also did not work.

It was close to the Metro Station. Busy area with lots of restaurants and stores.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

I was debited €60 extra in case I would consume something. This money was returned but not straight forward. I objected to it because there is no reason whatsoever to do so. I was told that some customers are not paying what they consume. This is not my problem. I was not happy to discover that the hotel was in refitting. No information was available, nonetheless I was not informed upfront and there was no reduction for this fact. Single room was very tiny.

I liked that the hotel was very centrally located.

THE HOTEL IS UNDERGOING COMPLETE REFURBISHMENT. UNFORTUNATELY WE WERE IN THE UNREFURBISHED ROOMS. VERY POOR FACILITIES, HOUSEKEEPING LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED. THE HOT WATER WAS BROWN AND AFTER WE COMPLAINED WE RECEIVED NO FOLLOW UP.

THERE WAS VERY LITTLE TO RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. LOCATION FOR GARE DU NORD WAS GOOD

• Privilege Double Room

Bathroom is a bit dated , but they are undergoing a full refurbishment, so I guess that will be changed Towels are the standard french small size - I wish they would change that

Excellent room - comfortable bed great to have a Nespresso machine and bath robes

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel is undergoing a massive refurbishment and access has moved . There was scaffolding outside our window and workmen which meant we couldn't have the curtains or windows open.

Position is brilliant if you use the RER from the airport. It's in a good position for all the main tourist sites and easy access to metro and bus services. There's are a good selection of restaurants close by with good value for money.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I had been to this property before and chose to return because I liked it so much. Nowhere in the information did they say they were undergoing renovation. It was less than a positive experience based on what I had remembered it being like. When I reduce my stay from three nights to two They told me I had a special rate it wouldn’t allow it and I had to ask them to check their records again which they did and made an amendment.

Location. Directly across the street from Gare du Nord.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The room, the bathroom, and other areas were clean, but show many signs of wear.

It's across the street from the Garde du Nord, a very convenient location. The room was large and comfortable, and the price was very reasonable.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

When I first arrived, I was shocked by the appearance of the hotel. It's below any standards , and advertising as a 4 stars hotel is totally false. This hotel needs an authority inspection as it's inadmissible to lie to costumers about such issues. The room was the worst , disgusting carpet , you couldn't take your shoes off , sink in the bathroom stained and scratch, in an yellowish colour from what I guess was an original white....just horrified about the room. The reception staff was rude, a bit abusive I can say when I raised the issue. They also over charged on the guarantee for the room , on which I'm still waiting to be returned to my account . Stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing, the hotel is false advertising, was really old and everything was stained and dirty

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Brilliant location close to the Eurostar, bus and metro stations, absolutely amazing staff, very very clean and spacious room, very quiet to say it's in a busy location. Fantastic.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Very cramped room and bathroom. Dirty carpet. Hotel is undergoing extensive renovation, affecting facilities and atmosphere. This should have been made clear at time of booking.

Excellent location, including a number of good brasseries.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Breakfast is not included and 17eu per person. No clear sign for hotel location due to some activities nearby. I was also asked to give money to help homeless children when i walked out hotel. Be careful and do not sign any paper or document when someone tries to talk to you.

See above

It was near to eurostar station but that area is also home to lots and lots of beggars, muggers, homeless, drug dealers and many more. The hotel is nothing like the pictures on your site and as it was our honeymoon I was very very disappointed.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

bathroom was a bit outdated and trim could have used a new paint job.

rooms were large and comfortable. Staff was helpful. Location was easy to get to.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

The towels are way too small to be comfortable - seems to be a french thing although Mercure hotels in other countries do not seem to have this issue. Ongoing renovation works mean only 1 lift available and being used by contractors, staff and guests ... not ideal

This hotel is ideally located near the Eurostar terminal . Provides good comfortable accommodation. Have stayed here on many an occasion. Great restaurant immediately below too .

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

- Room could have been bigger - Water pressure in the bath was a bit low - A/C unit wasn't working well - Probably out of their control, but scaffolding outside the bedroom made the small terrace hard to access - maybe just bad luck! - Quite narrow hallways - Lift took an age to come up to the 6th floor - and there's only one of them

- Excellent location - Brilliant staff - always happy to help - Comfortable beds - Baths - Good views from the outward-facing rooms - Plenty of restaurants, takeaways, cafes, bars, pubs (etc) within walking distance, and from all over the world - in two days, I had Chinese, Indian, American, French and English! - Luggage storage

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing. One morning the lift did not work. When something goes wrong these are the times when you find out how good the service is. The staff could not do enough to help us & all other guests who were inconvenienced. Top shelf!!!

We couldn't believe how quiet our room was considering we were straight across the road from Gare Nord. The barman Jonas was excellent!! He & the reception staff were extremely friendly & could not help enough with the little extras like helping to book your own tickets on line etc. And of course the location is superb for getting around. Thoroughly recommend this place.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The room was not clean, with a broken shower and chipped paint. We asked for an iron 3 times with it taking an hour and a half to get it, the room wasn't entirely clean.

The location is fantastic and the balcony in the room was great!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel was fine, area was not the best had a little walk to find more pleasant streets.Small side light in the hotel room needed repair ( a few loose wires) didn't impact on our stay at all. We asked for a quiet room and we were given one also extra pillows and an iron. All staff spoke a little english and nothing was too much trouble. Lovely stay.

The staff at this hotel we extremely helpful and friendly> well done to you all . Even though the area around the hotel was not the best . It was very convenient for the train station. I would stay here again. Shame about the area a bit rough but that,s not the fault of the hotel. Not far to walk to the big bus tour stop and a walk down La Fayette brought you to a great shopping area very typical of Paris.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

Horrible room. Small and very smelly Heater was on for the 1st time and really smelly Couldn't sleep Asked for another room - luckily there was and staff told me i was 'lucky to be able to change'...

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel is in the midst of being renovated... so hopefully the "new" Terminus Nord will be better value for money. For now- an expensive option relative to quality.

On the doorstep of the Guare du Nord- a must for an early morning tgv. Nice brasserie next door with great classique dishes and a reasonable wine list.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

The ongoing renovations although notified on the hotel website were more annoying than expected (I've stayed in hotels undergoing renovations before). There was only one lift & the waiting time could be long. The temporary breakfast room was cramped & half the cherry tomatoes on offer had started to go off, not what one expects at such an hotel. I've stayed at this hotel many times & feel that mainaining prices & rating during these extensive renovations is not fair to customers.

Good location for arriving from either CdG or Orly & perfect for Eurostar. Easy to get around using metro, RER with stations just next to the jotel.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Hotel was directly across from the Gare du Nord. Beds were comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, room was very large and there were lots of dining options close by for a quick dinner. Would recommend the hotel to friends and family and I would stay here again.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

Many of my scores would have been higher but for the disappointment at finding the extensive building taking place. The Hotel made the best of what they could but the grand entrance and large dinning hall were no longer in service and I missed them.

I liked the maid service. My room was made up promptly ever morning. The Staff were helpful and available.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

Its a pity there is only the one lift.

So close to Nord for outbound Eurostar later in the week. Surrounded by restaurants and local Macca's etc. Enjoyed the breakfast range although not typically Southern hemisphere (cold meats & salad items included), I chose to enjoy the experience of a first time European - UK holiday. Appreciated the English speaking competence of the staff in comparison to my few basic french phrases. Loved the room I was allocated. Would definitely consider this accommodation again.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The room smelt odd and lighting was poor. Very outdated and our view was blocked by scaffolding which was extremely noisy. Location to the station was excellent though which is why we chose it, just a shame it wasn't comfortable to stay in.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room is small and dark, I have been located in the renovation construction and just attached to my window room so I could not open the window and curtain need to be closed all the time while the room itself is too dark

Near the train station

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The enormous renovation of the hotel was not explained when booking. I have stayed in the hotel before and enjoyed it. This time the entire building is surrounded in scaffolding. Mercure are charging the full rate, which is completely unacceptable for a hotel in such a condition. The staff however were excellent .

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The Hotel is old tatty and poorly maintained. The staff were friendly but this hotel desperately needs updating. The bed sagged in the middle veneer was peeling from the furniture the Loo was badly stained and chipped. What once would have been a smart hotel has fallen in to disrepair.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

There is extensive, ongoing, building/renovation work in progress at this hotel. The bathroom sink was in a very poor state, very badly stained with cigarette burns amongst other things and the side panel was cracked and fell off most days. The bath panel had rotted in one corner. The windows were in poor repair. The décor was faded and had seen better days.

Location good. Staff friendly.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

definitely not good value for money, the rooms are outdated and very small, there's only one elevator, the wifi was terrible, the tv only had one working channel and the quality was not good, the bathroom in my room was not the cleanest there were marks stained in the sink and bath, there were stains on the bedroom carpet and chipped paint on the walls, room service was very overpriced and not the best.

Comfy beds and nice staff and tourist attractions were easily accessible

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

the room was overheated and the temperature control did mot function at all. If there had been any dogs in the hotel I would have cancelled my booking

friendly, helpful staff

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Scaffold around exterior of hotel made viewing out impossible!!!! Therefore room was dark and not enough lighting to make room seem welcoming.

Scaffold completely obstructing the outside of the building, couldn't find the very small entrance. Arrived in pouring rain at night, two hours late on Eurostar, took 30 minutes to locate hotel, which in daylight was opposite station exit. Did not start off well!!!!!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

THE FACILITIES WERE TERRIBLE AND NOT CLEAN , THE TOILET BLOCKED AND ONE DAY WE WERE WITH OUT ELECTRICITY FOR 7 HOURS COULD NOT USE THE LIFTS MAKE TEA ETC, NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR WHAT WE PAID AND WE WERE CHARGED EXTRA FOR BREAKFAST WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDE

STAFF WERE VERY GOOD

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The scaffolding was directly outside our window so we couldn't have it open to see the facade of the lovely station or get access to fresh air.

The hotel is directly opposite the Gare du Nord train station and so convenient for catching the Eurostar. The room and bed were comfortable and there were tea and coffee facilities. We chose not to have breakfast at the hotel this time as there are several nice restaurants at the front of the hotel. This was our second stay at the hotel and when we arrived we found that there was building maintenance work taking place. Last time we found the hotel a bit shabby so we look forward to seeing the updates on our next visit. The staff were friendly and very helpful in regard to providing advice and directions given the works being undertaken.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel sign is quite small and the entrance is too small. It's difficult to find out the hotel at first.

It's near main train station. There are so many restaurants around hotel.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

comfy bed, basic room, which is all you need in paris, so much to see. convenient location. starbucks and croissants across the road. bars all around. taxi to the right and uber to the left. gare du nord across the road (literally)

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

The breakfast was expensive at 17 euros, but I was able to have it brought to my room for the same price. There was usually a bit of a wait for the one elevator. Towel was small - probably standard European size, but a large, fluffy towel would have made my stay feel more luxurious.

Staff was polite and helpful, and the alternate entrance due to renovation wasn't too hard to find. I was able to leave my luggage and pick it up right before my Eurostar journey, and the location was very convenient. My room faced the courtyard, and was quiet despite being the hotel being across from Gare du Nord. I appreciated having a luggage rack in the room. I definitely enjoyed my stay, and would stay here again when visiting Paris, and will keep an eye out for other Accor brand hotels for other trips! Great balance of luxury and cost, and convenient for train travel.

• Privilege Double Room (2 Adults - 1 child)

Was quite noisy outside on the road during the night.

Excellent location across road from Gard du Nord and Metro. Staff friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very comfortable.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Advertizement for hotel did not say anything about the currently in progress renovation which makes the hotel a bit difficult to find.

Recently remodeled guest room was very nice!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel is being renovated and the reception is now in a small terrible side entrance. Still paid full price. No mention of this beforehand. Had a business package delivered to the hotel before my arrival and no one new anything about it. Obviously things are a bit disorganized at present. Asked reception to give me some change for a €500 note. They refused. The decor is tired. Marks on carpet and all a bit dreary. I will never return there.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

There was nothing that we didn't like

Everything. This was a fabulous hotel. Wonderful staff. Wonderful location. Hotel staff catered to all our needs.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

No lock on bathroom door. Wash hand basin had chips all around the plug hole (looked like someone had a diarrhoea explosion) I thought there was 5 black dead flies in the bath but again it was chips, tiles also were cracked and some held up with what appears to be a metal strip. We were upgraded to a very large room but the air conditioning was situation above the room door and did not make any difference as the bed was around a corner. The room smelt very stale. Furniture in room was very old and had many chips and cracks.

Cheerful staff. Bed comfortable and clean.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room overlooked station and was noisy at night - perhaps ask for room at the back.

very convenient location for Eurostar station and access to all of Paris via Metro Room larger than normal for Paris Breakfast OK

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

This was a return visit to this hotel as it is so conveniently located for travelling on the Euro Star. The reception staff, especially Lou, are amazing and cannot do enough to help you.

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

The plug wouldn't stay in the plug hole making having a bath challenging!

This hotel is very comfortable and extremely convenient for Gare du Nord. It is convenient for buses across Paris to the more traditional sights. The staff were friendly, welcoming, polite and helpful.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The wifi connection wasn't working. The hotel is being remodelled so only a part of it was open which accounted for a very different experience than last time.

The location right across the North station is ideal for those taking the Thalys or Eurostar, despite the fact that the neighbourhood is not the best. The room is quiet, the bed is very good, the staff is really helpful and extremely friendly!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Staff was horrible, place was very dirty and smelly. The Beddings had such a horrible smell. AC did not work.

It's near the main train station and walking distance to all resturants

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

To be honest with you, it was the worst Mercure Hotel I've visited so far. 4 stars? For what? Furniture is old, used and needs to be renovated. Walls are painted randomly, there is a visible difference between the used paint. The air conditioning is so noisy that you can not sleep when it is turned on. And the worst thing, the smell. Room smelled very badly, like a combination of used socks and a very old cottage house. I will never go there again.

Location and a very friendly staff... the only good thing.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Hotel is functional nothing standout so don't expect anything fancy... would not recommend for a stay longer than 2 nights

location - just outside Nord station was perfect. Lots of bars around the hotel

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Poor selection of sachets (drinks) in the room i.e we English like our tea. a few more soaps, shampoos etc in the bathroom.

Rooms kept very clean and we were impressed by the daily replacement of towels and bedsheets. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Lift so petit

Just take a minute walking to Gare du nord main railway station. Found so many variant Halal Resto with affordable price and good taste. Staff so helpful dan humble.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Is this really a four star hotel? It all felt rather worn out although I know it is currently being refurbished. Carpet had stains, bath plug broken, three of the room lights didn't work, poor stock of tea/coffee in room.

Couldn't fault helpful and friendly staff. Great location for Eurostar and metro. Lots of cafes nearby. Comfortable if small room. Comfortable reception area.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The room somewhat smells when you first comes into the room and on our first night, the air conditioner were leaking and were a bit noisy.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They tend to our queries and managed to fix the air conditioner straight away when we complained about it. Also it helps that it's right in front of the station and was very easy to find.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Bed very comfy and room nicely decorated but there was a smell that we couldn't locate! The bath room and toilet need a revamp as bath was chipped and basin marked. Location excellent but didn't feel safe around tea time but was a lot quieter when we walked back after a meal out around 10.30pm

• Superior Twin Room

Terrible location and felt quite unsafe. The hotel is a dump, damp smell that permeated every piece of clothing we had is our suitcases. Poor housekeeping. Absolute dump

Nothing. Revolting hotel, revolting area of Paris

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Even after upgrade the carpets were very stained, the TV reception was awful, the bath leaked, the WiFi was not fit for purpose and the décor was generally tatty and in need of overhaul. In mitigation the hotel is being renovated at the moment so this may be addressed in the future.

We were upgraded for free due to the original room being horrendously poor. The bed was banana shaped and not possible to sleep in.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The state of the bathroom was not very clean at all for our liking, and the size of the bedroom area was tiny!

The restaurants around the hotel were very nice and staff were great, the staff at the hotel were also very friendly.

Browse Mercure Paris Terminus Nord traveller photo gallery