Reviews of Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte De Versailles 4 stars

69 Boulevard Victor, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#367 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

There is nothing to dislike.

Cleanliness, staff attitude and location of the hotel right next to metro makes it an ideal choice for travelers with kids.

The second bed in the hotel was not very comfortable and was causing some back issues. The check out process with regards to the money paid was through the website was not readily available with the hotel staff which delayed our process.

• Classic Twin Room

Took a little time to realise coming from breakfast there are two sets of lifts, only one going to the highest floor.

Good comfortable beds. Friendly ambience. Out of the centre on south side but close to transport links. More of a working area than tourist, opposite a conference area.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 Adults)

We travel with a big family with seven peoples. They should have the big luggage cart. So we can easily transfer our suitcase up and down one time.

Friendly staffs. Very secure hotel. The bedroom is well designed modern 21t century. I like the carpet floor feel my feet warm. We would like to come back again!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (3 Adults)

Easy to go to any Paris’s famous attraction, good restaurant in the area, friendly staff ready to help any time, highly recommend for family and any type of travellers. Five star! :)

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

The old man who works in reception at night! If you don't know how to speak french dont ask his help, because before he help you he will get mad at you first. We had a problem on elevator is not working and he didn't do action he said that he is alone he cannot do it so we have to wait. But its emergency! Worst recepcionist ever!!

Good wifi connection and they serve buffet breakfast, some staffs are nice except the old man recepcionist who works at night. Horrible!!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

If you don't like to take public transport constantly, you should consider booking a hotel closer to all the sights.

Coffee was great, staff was very nice and helpfull. Right accros the street you have the tram and the metro, restaurants, supermarket.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 Adults)

Rooms were new but decoration was worn out and the carpet worn and fond hairs every in the bathroom and in the towels also I found that that we couldn’t use the balcony as the extra bed was in front of the door . There was a smell of smoke from cigarettes in the room and in the corridor , the man at the desk didn’t understand English very well but the bar man did ?? I did complain but it was hard to make the man understand .

• Classic Double Room

i did not like the booking.com. They cheated. I booked the room with wife and kid and when i reached there i found that it is with wife only. I did not like this. Moreover charges are too much with booking.com.

Problems with booking despite me having the evidence. Problems with paying - staff miscalculating what was owed etc.

Tidy rooms. Presented well. Metro station right outside of hotel. 10 mins into centre.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Breakfast was real good, almost for free. We enjoyed theirs services. I , we shall always pass by when next I or we visit Pais. My Kids and Wife very were happy

• Classic Double Room

Standard and superior room photos on booking are the same- it may be confuisng.

Staff was very helpful, especially Mrs/Ms Agata. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. It was very clean. The hotel is situated about 50m from metro station, but if you like longer walks you can get on foot to Eiffel Tower.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Service was bad. One of the rooms was not clean at all and we complaint and they said they will check into the matter. After 2 days they said we put do not disturb sign on the door. Very rude way of settling problem. We need iron and ask to borrow and two days of 4 nights we stayed they said they do not have enough iron.

Rooms is clean and size is ok. Location is on top of Metro station makes it very easy to access.

• Classic Twin Room

twin beds asked for and obtained, but... just 1 big down blanket impossible to share; egg powder for the scrambled eggs

easy to reach; quiet (for Paris standards) neighbourhood

A super hotel with very helpful and friendly English speaking staff. The Metro is 20metres from the hotel allowing access to central Paris and the area felt safe. The reception staff sorted out a visit from a doctor as well as a taxi for us to return to the airport when the RER was out of service. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel and we hope to return one day.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Bathrooms could've been cleaner in particular the shower tray. Also, double check what room you book, wasn't clear upon booking. Only Premium room include nespresso machines, robes and slippers.

Great breakfast along with excellent service every morning. Great location

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Wifi was free and kept cutting off. Breakfast was basic besides toast and bread and fruit not a whole lot for vegetarians.

Great place excellent transportation links.

• Classic Double Room

We had some issues with the shower, the water was hot and no matter what we did we couldn't get it cooler.

Close to the Metro and bus stop, it was a quiet location, peaceful walk to the Seine.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

I still have a double charge on my credit card. But, I still love this hotel and would stay again.

The room and its view were amazing. My daughter loved the kids area in the lobby. We enjoyed the location because we were able to walk to close by bakeries and restaurants. The area is very safe and beautiful.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Parking was tight. A little awkward as you have to drive in to a lift to go down to the internal parking lot but once inside we had secure parking with lift access directly in to the hotel, so were happy with that.

A really lovely hotel with some nice cafe/restaurants locally. We had one night there to visit Paris before heading to Eurodisney. Not far from the main attractions so great for us to make the most of our time. Very friendly & helpful staff. Room was great size & was very clean and well appointed.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

After being told I could park my car with a roof box. We arrive to be told I would have to take it not an easy feat

Staff very helpful breakfast very good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I felt and hurt and cut my self badly in the bathtub, their tubs are poorly designed, they have a incline section at both ends and their shower heads are placed at a point where it forces you to step in the inclined area of the tub, and as anyone can imagine if you are showering normally you will be using soap and this makes this inclined area very slippery. The air conditioning was not working well and when we asked, they sent some one to check, but the first question was, where are you from, which basically meant, what do you expect, this is the Mercure hotel. The evening manager did not seemed to enjoy his job, always with an attitude.

Most of the staff were friendly and attentive.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Breakfast was good,30 seconds walk to metro station and trams,nice clean rooms and washrooms,market and variety of restaurants on 2-5 minutes of walking distance

Shower has low pressure, the showerroom design has some problems, every time after we showered, a lot of water would dripped from the bottom of the shower screen.

Although the location is a bit out of city centre, but it's very easy to access all the public transport. Love their beds, super comfy, the cleanness is definitely 5 stars. Most staff members are very helpful and knowledgeable. Unfortunately I had a little dispute with one of staff members when I checked out, front office manager maryse soon came to rescue and resolved my queries, made me smile again, so for her I would give a five star!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

I think it was a bit expensive by considering the location.

I was only one night in paris and the hotel was clean and comfortable and had good breakfast.It was not at center but had good access to metro station.I think it was a bit expensive by considering the location.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed (4 Adults)

The staffs service at the restaurant. Below expectation. Front desk service average. No one offer to help with bags. Manager not seen at the lobby. Likely they do not care much about service. Being Asian, don't thing they live up to the expectation of all guests.

F&B not much choice. Everyday almost the same set up, the self service Orange juice machine, coffee and pancake was nice

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Location isn't the best, but it is very close to the metro so it's easy to get around Paris.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean.

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast average. I realise it was late when I requested a boxed breakfast for the next morning reception checked and yes this could be done. Next morning there was no breakfast the person had forgotten.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Price

Location was good,but after spending 470 euros for 3 nights there were no facilities in the room,they don't even provide basics like drinking water,room crockery,room sleepers

• Classic Double Room with Sofa bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Rooms in second tour are accessible by taking two elevators and walking a hallway between the two buildings - a bit of a rigmarole. Hotel was a bit expensive for so far from the centre of Paris.

Loved the fresh orange juice press machine at the breakfast buffet.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

The room was very clean. The room was cleaned everyday and dirty linens/towels replaced with clean ones. The hotel's location is superb, it's close to every mode of transport. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Classic Double Room

wifi connection is not stable. Depending on the room and router placement not same in all parts of room

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Special thanks for Ms. Ruth for her professional attitude, efforts in trying to resolve matters in best possible for client

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Classic Twin Room

The tap was hard to close it kept running every time we used it, the elevator was out of service once and we had to take the stairs up to the 7th floor 😩

The hotel was clean, and next to a metro station which you may use to reach anywhere in Paris

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

We let the hotel know when booking it was my daughter's birthday trip to Paris - not acknowledged at all. We were actually there on her birthday.

Easy access to public transport and a good breakfast! The beds were really comfy and a room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Classic Double Room

Wifi code was daily so you would need to be clear about how many days you need access for.

Nice room, nice bathroom, tea/coffee in the room. I asked for a quiet room and got one. Breakfast was more than enough for anyone and the hotel was directly opposite the exhibition centre I was visiting. No restaurant but plenty of places close by to eat at and opposite the tram stop and metro, plus they gave me a voucher for a free drink at the bar, what more can I say.... a good experience. Also used the transfer service recommended by Booking.com so had a car arranged in advance to drive from CDG to hotel and return two days late, Thanks for the recommendation.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

For a 4star was a bit surprised to find paper cups for the coffee in the room. Wifi was incredible slow. And 20€ Per person for breakfast is a bit of a joke.

Good location for palace du sports

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

I did not feel welcome at all. 1. My checkin-time was around 7pm and somehow there was only 1 assistant in the reception. The other guy left and did not show up any more. The only one person tried her best, but for me it looked like a bad organisation of duties. 2. My room key did not work. They sent me back to the room 2 times after rebooting the key. It turned out that the door-lock did not work. So finally I was given another room. But before that I needed to go back and forth with my luggage 2 times trusting their words: it should work... They offered some drinks as a "compensation", but the drinks never appeared. 3. The hotel looked like needing refurbishment - dark and worn-off. The room was still quite ok. 4. The breakfast wasn't expensive, however rather limited in choice. The service was non-existent. Personnel deliberately speaking French even if they understood that that's not my language.

Bed was very good, bath ok.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Classic Twin Room

The staff was a bit rude. Maybe because of a language barrier? We asked the staff to see if they do currency exchange because on their electronic board it showed the currency value and we thought "Oh that's better than some of the places we saw on the streets" and one of the staff said they don't do it in this hotel, so she told us to go to Montparnasse Bienvenue. We asked for the name of the. Currency exchange place but she just told us to go there. We got there and we got lost and confused. We went to the other Mercure's that was in that area but they all had language barriers. It was just a waste of time. We ended up going to some Change place somewhere else. We also had a Do Not Disturb Sign on our door because we don't feel comfortable people coming into our hotel room with our stuff out, in the past we had hotel housekeeper steal things from us, so it was just a mindset thing. The housekeeper still came into our room and cleaned it up. I mean, what's the point of having that sign? Sure, we might be a little picky? But it's better safe than sorry, right? What if that happened to you? If we needed something we would call down to receptions.

I liked the size of the room, it was pretty big. The bed was comfortable. The rooms were clean. The location was decent. Just a 40min metro ride to places into Paris, and the metro is literally right outside, so it made location fair. Should get a visitor pass to make it easier for the trip so you don't literally have to keep paying for the metro every time you take it.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Classic Twin Room

The hotel will lock the front/ main door at night and you have to phone the receptionist in order to open the door!! I had to wait several minutes until the receptionist opened the door, because he was the ONLY person who were on duty that night..... it would be better if there are two or three persons stand by, I would say.

The fact that the tram and metro station is only 20 second walk (even less!) Thts awesome!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Classic Twin Room

The hotel has two floors with rooms where smoking is allowed. Unfortunately we got such a room!!! Not very happy because I suffer from asthma. There was no option to change to another (non smoking) room. Did not know smoking was still allowed in European hotels. Next time I book a hotel, I will specifically request a non smoking room, just to be sure.

Location is great. Rooms are quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Breakfast is expensive at €20 each unless you have a big appetite. (Children eat free). Bakery just on the corner of next road for pastries (croissants 4 for €3) and coffee or nearby cafes serve breakfast for about €9. No restaurant for lunch or dinner, though some room service options.

Outside a good metro line. Great base for sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (3 Adults)

Absolutely nothing!

After a long journey and problems at Dover, we arrived at 1 am to be met by a very friendly helpful male receptionist (wish we could remember his name). Hotel room was excellent, comfortable, clean and modern! Breakfast was superb!! Absolutely no complaints about hotel or staff! Thanks for a excellent short break.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The rooms are very small and not comfortable beds. When we arrived the girl in the lobby told me that they where only going to charge us for one night. But few days after the checkout I was told by Email that it was non refundable. Not exeptable !

Location good

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Took the booking amount off the card used to reserve the hotel, when we wanted to pay cash as a group. Were not able to refund the card and take alternative payment.

Comfortable and clean. Great location for access to the stadium.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

I liked the location, size of room and the "boutique" hotel service feel. Well done. This is the few hotels in Paris, that offers smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Sometime we had two towels and sometime just one - one piece of soap for the entire stay! The "wake-up" service does not work - we missed a 6:30AM call; NOT GOOD. Not a **** property.

Very friendly and helpful staff; very comfy beds; good soundproof; two minutes from Metro

Sevice and charges

Nothing special very basic

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Comfy beds, convenient location right next to metro station, very friendly staff. Clean and modern hotel.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 Adults)

The WIFI was very poor or non-existent

The way the staff handles customers is excellent.

• Classic Double Room

I stay at evening of Easter Monday, staff obviously was little aware of open restaurants around, struggled to find a good one

• King Suite with Sofa Bed (4 Adults)

150 euro deposit

Large, clean room, subway station near, good breakfast

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

I would say slightly far away from city

Everything Metro is close Good connection with public transport Places for breakfast and food

• Two Adjacent Rooms (4 adults)

Staff of hotel they where not correct with information about the reservation

Comfort of room

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa Bed

Very NICE rooms. Spacious, comfortable, with table and sofa. And clean. The staff is fantastic. The breakfast great. It was a very nice stay.

Carpet in the room.

Excellent breakfast. Comfortable bed. Nice shower.

All was fine

Its closeness to the confernce centre, quiet

• Classic Double Room

The breakfast could have been so much better.

The breakfast is very poor.

• Classic Double Room

I didn’t like the fact that I don’t know how to speak French language

My partner wants to visit again cos she loves everything about Paris

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The room was too hot. I had to leave the window a little bit open all the time

Location. Clean. Breakfast.

• Classic Double Room with Sofa bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Uncomfortable pillows. The milk they served for breakfast was sour and this was unacceptable.

So close to exhibition area.

Breakfast too costly

Not applicable

Friendly personnel

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Front desk staffs were very cordial. Overall everything is excellent.

room was excellent

• Classic Double Room

Food ordered through roomservice came from the microwave, served in glass jars, no plates.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

the room is wide and clean f. the location is good, the metro is near the hotel. the bed is comfortable.

Worst breakfast ever!

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Excellent staff, clean and comfortable rooms,lovely breakfast . The place is child friendly and located close to various modes of transport.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Really lovely hotel beds were so comfy

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 Adults)

nice place to stay for family !!!

Small lifts

Spacious rooms

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

Distance from tourist attractions, not walkable. Taxi is not cheap.

Good room, spacious, close to public transport

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

breakfast - tasted like powdered eggs; undercooked bacon and sausage - not healthy

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Double Sofa bed (4 Adults)

The room is slightly small for 4 people, but then; you don't go to Paris to spend time in the hotel

The location, the staff, the facilities

Keep it up

Booked 2 rooms, initially got them separate but staff did their best to make them in the same floor

Browse Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte De Versailles traveller photo gallery