Reviews of Mirific

5.7

6.1

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

It was just ok

Staff at reception was rude, rooms were small. Though metro station is nearby but for all attractions you have to switch metros. Water was logged in Wash basin sink. Curtain in bathrooms were short so water is spilled all over baathroom.

It was just ok

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Look for other options..

Receptionist was rude, it was not at all pleasant to speak with them. They kept us waiting even for small queries. Rooms were small. Water was getting logged in Wash basin . Bathroom curtain was small so water was spead all over.

It was ok nothing great. Location was also not very convenient as had to change multiple metro to get anywhere.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Yesterday morning when you do chuck out one from staff he...
    • Superior Triple Room

Yesterday morning when you do chuck out one from staff he was in reception he was so bad with us because we don’t know about the breakfast will need buy 60€ and he was shouting to us his absolutely bad guy we was thinking to come back again to Hôtel but after that’s never Alaa ismail

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Awful place, wouldn't recomend to anyone.

The room was not ready when we arrived, had to wait for an hour (was ready just before 3pm). The staff, especially young Asian looking receptionist were extremely rude. Our room was at the back, in some sort of shed. The room was dirty, wardrobe sellotaped, safe box broken - so no use at all. Even though it says: no smoking, guests and staff are smoking inside. The shocking thing was, that smoke detectors were covered with plastic bags! Staff members were very noisy during night time: laughing, shouting, screaming. Unfortunately when it was so hot, had to keep windows open. Quite a few guests complained, but they would just go quiet for next 5 minutes and then start all over again.

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Spacious rooms.

Far away from city centre. Below par facilities. Many staff members uninterested and some even tried to misleed us. Howvever a few of them were helpful. Rooms not cleaned. Elevators go to middle of 2 floors so you have to lug your stuff on small wooden stair case.

Spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

The money doesn't respond to the quality
    • Superior Twin Room

First of all there was a ball of hair in the bathtub also it was an ventilation fan that cant be stopped. Windows view right in another building. The elevator leaves you in the middle of the floors.

comfortable beds . Nice hotel entrance.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

great though
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff is always chatting at the reception, (so if you have a question better look it up on the web). Watching tv at the terrasse so you cant go there, and if you want to open windows you will hear them speaking really loud even after midnight.

The location is safe and great near Montmartre and la Pigalle. The subway is really close. The room was spacious and clean

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Could have been better

I didn't like the room, the first one had mould on the wall, however they quickly changed into a new one the day after. I didn't like the fact that none of the rooms looked like in the website and didn't have the mini fridge as described in the booking

I liked the location and the customer service

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

never again
    • Superior Triple Room

The rooms are very dirty. We booked the superior room and it was very small, things were broken and not worth 3 stars! Dont book this hotel for the room but for the location

The location was great

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Good price/quality hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

On the day we arrived, we found a dirty toilet (it wasn't flushed) which was gross. However, in the next days they cleaned the room every day. It is far away from the center of Paris, but it is accessible with public transportation.

Although the building was old, the room was nice equipped. The surroundings were quiet so we didn't have problems with noise from the streets. It was very closed to metro and bus stations so it was easy to get to the main attractions in Paris. Also, nearby there are a lot of bakeries, cafeterias, restaurants, supermarket.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

The property was near the blvd de clichy.

There is no view from the window. There is nothing except the room. The room i was given was on the 1st floor with no elevator and the stairs was narrow and rou d in shape

The property was near the blvd de clichy. Which ia a nice place to visit and the metro station was just 100m away, to any where you can go, even to the airport it just cost 1.9€ per person.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Clean, good location
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were not very attentive. Amongst that the Internet was having problems the entire 4 days we were there.

The Property was very clean and close to a metro station that got us around to a lot of places or other metro stations.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Not so nice
    • Superior Twin Room

The sheet was not clean and I got rashes from this. Air conditioner in our room broke, when we tried to tell the staff he said we stay there only for 2 nights and wouldn't fix it.

Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Disappointing.

Staff had very poor English, rude, didn’t even say thank you, bye when we were leaving and they were sitting near by. Our room didn’t get cleaned when we went out, our towels didn’t get changed. We only got two hand towels and one bath towel for two people. One of the hand towels was ripped and look more like a floor cloth than a towel. Booked superior double bedroom, room was small, no kettle, no mini bar as it stated. The receptionist that was checking us in, was trying to make me pay again, even that I already paid on booking.com and had an email to prove it. It took a lot of explaining, because she almost didn’t speak English. Very dissatisfied, wouldn’t stay there again.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

The location is 100% worth the money, but not the hotel.

Even though they’ve cleaned our room everyday, this hotel won’t be the cleanest hotel you’ll ever go to. At first, we received a room in which the minibar was very dirty and when I’ve told them they’ve immediately changed our room. The wc wasn’t really clean and I found it disturbing.

The area is nice and safe, very close to metro, restaurants, great boulangeries (Damiani) and shops. Nice view from our room (superior double). Staff was nice and ready to solve any problem.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Very central hotel, clean room but fair enough for the price.
    • Superior Triple Room

There was a very bad smell coming from the toilet. The staff was not very friendly, barely spoke to us and wasn't very engaging. The room was quite small for three people.

Fair enough for the price and very central and clean.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

There was hair in the shower and sink.

There was hair in the shower and sink. It appeared the bathroom had not been cleaned, and the room smelled of smoke. The safe was broken, and the door was kind of broken and there was no extra lock to secure the room.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Our stay was not what we expected at all.

Our bathroom smelt like mold and the room was very small. I did not like the black light option in the room... super creepy. It is located in a sketchy area of town. I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off in the room.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Not worth it
    • Superior Twin Room

The walls in the room were very dirty (with food etc), the access to the rooms from the elevator includes many stairs with no help in case we carry a big suitcase. There was an impressive screaming from a woman at 4AM and on the stairs (up to the point that the hotel should have called the police, scary situation), the breakfast is very limited. Location is not good since the area at night is full of drunk people and prostitutes. I would not advise this hotel to anybody. The value for money is not worth it.

Staff were very nice and helpful. Good transit to go back to the airport with navette

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Awful!

I wouldn't recommend this place! The rooms weren't ready at 14h and the staff was stalling us. The 'superior' room wasn't superior at all!! This hotel is a real joke!

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

horrible and had to move to another one even paying more

used condom in the bedroom floor!!! really?!

I got stuck in Paris for few days due that I live in Miami and could not go back home due the Hurricane Irma so had to book hotel on a hurry without time to really search around but wanted something affordable. This hotel first of all put me on a room that is nothing like the pictures. Supposed those rooms were booked and they have these extra outdated rooms in the back with such narrows stairs that my big luggage would not even fit. Also after waking up that actually was quiet and comfortable bed I found an used condom next to my bed EWWW so next day I asked to cancel my second night so I could move to a better hotel which they let me but still charged me the late checkout fee (it was around 2pm) The manager was kind enough to understand my point but the front desk lady started asking me why was cancelling like everything was not a BIG Deal but then came over the manager and confirmed I was ok to get reimbursed for the other night. Would never stay there again unless you don't care about all the above!!!

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

As a tourist with more time spent outside the hotel, it was overall good value for money.

The room was quite small. They need to pay more attention to maintenance. Upon checking in, I noticed the wardrobe door in my room was broken at the hinge.

Good location with easy access to shops, restaurants and transport. Brochant Metro is a 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Free and stable internet access.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

I felt like i got scammed, it was horrible.
    • Standard Twin Room

My wife and i got a room with two small beds. Broken stuff (shower head holder, room lighting) in the room. They did not specify the exact check out time, so i assumed it was 12:00PM similar to any other place in the world. So i checked out at 12:30 and they told me "the checkout time is 11:00am and we informed you during checkin with that(although they didn't), and you need to pay 15 euro for each extra hour, so please pay 30 euros" and I'm completely certain that they didn't mention this late checkout rule. And the overall hotel cleanliness wasn't very good.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

The place was very good, very near to bus and metro station...

The place was very good, very near to bus and metro station and the staff was very friendly elin was very welcome and wonderful she speaks many languages Arabic, English ,French she helped me a lot to know everything in Paris really I want to appreciate the hotel to choose elin.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Very Unhelful a

I will put points >3 clothing went missing immeadiately I checked out >Our bed sheets were not changed for 6days >No one helps you with luggage up or down the stairs >I called to check for my the clothes I left in the room ,they asked me to call in an hour,I decided to go back to the hotel and no one assisted me to find my clothes ,this were 3brand new clothes I left in the wardrobe stolen >I asked for water to make tea at reception ,they receptionist asked me to get water from the toilet downstairs ,very unhygienic

Near Metro

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

The Tale of Two Hotels

The hotel is split into two buildings and two hotels. The Morific and the Majestic. The Majestic is part of a totally renovated facility that is beautiful. The pictures on the website are from this newly renovated building. We had two rooms in the building that wasn't renovated. It was old and in disrepair. The bathroom door handle was about to fall off so I had to tighten the screws by hand. The beds were fair. The worst thing was we had no air conditioning. It was July when we went so it was quite warm. One room had windows but no screens. Since we were on the first floor there was no air movement. Also, with the windows open it was very noisy since there was a sitting area for guests next to the room. The website specifically stated rooms had air conditioning. The staff was helpful in the fact that they searched everywhere to find us fans. They were able to find one. Needless to say those in the room with one fan had very little sleep. The least the hotel could do is provide a fan for each room. We felt we were deceived about the accommodations the hotel provided.

Staff was pleasant. Facility and rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Bed bugs!

Rude staff, dirty, broken, half painted walls, the bathroom was distrusting! BED BUGS!!! The elevator drops u off half way between two floor, OMG so dirty, disgusting! The neighborhood was okay, the METRO is close but u need to change at least two times to get anywhere in the city! Scary! Wish we booked an IBIS!

Nothing! Rude staff, DIRTY!!!!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Worst hotel in the world- would not recommend it to anyone ever.
    • Superior Triple Room

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. To begin with the ordeal, the lady at the reception was most rudest I have ever met. She first told us that she did not believe in the booking.com email I had which said that I had booking for 3 superior rooms wherein each room could accommodate 3 adults and 1 child. She literally insisted on counting the number of adults and children. Then once the rooms were not ready past the 2PM deadline, she blamed it on the support staff and further added insult to the injury by blaming it that they belonged to the same country where I was from and they did not know how to perform their job- a blatant racist slur. Then, for half an hour, the lift stopped working. Thereafter, finally, when I went upstairs to check in my room, I realised that somebody else was staying in that room and the same room had already been allocated to somebody else before us. When I mentioned this to the lady she started shouting at me and told me that she will rectify it but it would take time. The rectification was another monumental blunder. The room she allocated to us after a long wait had a malfunctioning AC and a bathroom which was shoddy and in half working condition. There was just one towel. I came to know of the malfunctioning AC only in the evening. Once I reported it to the man on the reception counter, he was equally rude and said that it was not possible to allocate another room and there was nothing he could do to repair the AC. The next day, we called up at the reception at 9.10 AM to check if if we could try their breakfast - we were rudely told that the same is over. The ordeal continued till the last day when we called in at 10.20 AM to check if we could extend our stay by another half an hour (11 AM is the check out time). We were flatly told in a rude manner that every extra 30 minutes would cost 50 euros.

Nothing about this hotel.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Only stay if you want to stay outside hotel all the time, else find a better property to stay please

no space in room. very small, no basic amenities.

Pathetic hotel, hardly any space in the room even to keep luggage for 2 people. Staff was so arrogant the first day, second day staff was still ok. No amenities in room. Not even water. Location is decent, easy metro, bus and Uber available all time.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

One of the worst hotels in the world
    • Superior Twin Room

Daytime staff - a frustrated lady -always shouting at people First day they did not have dry towels to give us and when we asked she said she could not do much so had to go down to insist for towels Bed sheets are not changed In one room the ceiling shower and one lamp were not functioning In the second room AC was not functioning and the curtain was half off On our last day the fire alarms went on twice and the staff did not seem to care much Overall this hotel cannot be recommended to anyone as the facilities offered do not match the price - there are much better hotels around - same price if mot cheaper

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Horrific Mirific
    • Superior Twin Room

Everything. WiFi very poor. Room unclean. Regular power cuts to the room leaving the room in total darkness. They make you pay in full as you arrive.....no wonder.....I would've left after an hour.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Could be better

1) Air conditioning didn't work and wasn't repaired even after request. 2) They didn't give enough towels for two persons! We had only one big and two small. The next day we had two big ones, but the last day we once again had one big and two small ones.

The bed was good, the location was convenient

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

never again

the entrance is nice, but the rooms are in a weird condition. It smells, curtains and other things are far from being clean.

staff was helpful and friendly. good mattress. the location of the hotel is good for getting everywhere in paris

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

It was terrible service and the first room we were in had...

It was terrible service and the first room we were in had old take out in the mini fridge and smelled horrible! I told the guy and he gave us a new room with the incorrect bed situation. This happened 2 more times until we got the right set up. Then in the morning the shower head almost fell on me and hit me. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Nothing I like fake rooms no Ac working 10/10 ft rooms

There was nothing to like wifi was poor . Bed was small room was very small lift was like 2-2

Nothing I like fake rooms no Ac working 10/10 ft rooms

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Very friendly stuff.

The room wasn't clean. We had to request for clean sheets and towels. The hotel is not in a very nice neighborhood in Paris. The room was smaller and not as nice as on pictures.

Very friendly stuff.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Disappointed with the room service , rooms are so small
    • Superior Triple Room

We booked for a thriple room for 2 nights , but when we arrive on the 2nd night some body has took our one bed which was really annoying

Hotel was surrounded by so many resturants

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Very very poor

I have travelled all over the world but shockingly the worst hotel I have come across. Rooms were pigeon holes .staff was very very very rude. No facilities of towels for three days.stop booking this hotel on your website....because hotels like this spoil the reputation of booking. Com

Never liked the property

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Location great Metro just one minute walk and lots of...
    • Superior Triple Room

I was travelling with my 2 year kid there no escalator or lift in most of the paris metro station so u have to lift stroller for stair

Location great Metro just one minute walk and lots of restaurant and fruits shop near hotel

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Worst hotel ive stayed in

The receptionist man was rude after i told him my purse had been stolen. I was clearly distressed and he was just being rude. We were rushed out of our room half half ten rather than our check out time 11. The bathroom wasnt clean. And we didnt even stay in the part of the hotel we were meant to. They moved us to a seperate part?

I wasnt happy with anything. There was mold on our bathroom doors

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

The place is clean, friendly and very helpful staff.

Helpful staff and laguge storage room for before and after check-in or check out.

The place is clean, friendly and very helpful staff. Also the hotel is very close to the city centre. Just one reminder, if you book a standard room there is no elevator so if you are taking luggages I suggest to book the superior or to the side of the bldg that has elevator.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Great stay in a very clean, affordable hotel.
    • Superior Triple Room

Smoking in lobby was a drag (pun intended). Bathroom was clean but did not have ventilation. As a result, it was quite hot. But, temperate was 89 for three of the four days so that was a factor as well.

The room and bathroom were both very clean and tidy. Excellent cleaning services daily. Very honest staff; they found money under one of the beds and placed it on top of the bed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location; less than a minute walk from subway and several quint cafes within one block.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Not very good. Be careful!! Choose other hotel.
    • Superior Triple Room

It is not safe for your belongings, the person who cleans the room stole from the room a phone charger. Leave your valuables things in the safety box or they will get stolen. And one very important detail... The room doesn't have air conditioner, another lie from them. The room was too small and it's not like the photos on the website. The real one look chippy.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

The bedroom and the bathroom were recently renovated and...
    • Standard Twin Room

The common parts of the building were not renovated and quite old and dirty, except the hall of the reception. The neighborhood's pedestrians, specially moving in the opposite direction to the city center. The personnel was not eager to please us.

The bedroom and the bathroom were recently renovated and quite ok.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Bathroom was modern & very clean.

Glass on top of bedside table broken so I cut my hand - advised them in the morning but it wasn't sorted by the time we returned to the hotel. They may have planned to do it when we left though. Some plug sockets didn't work. Lead from mini fridge sticking out on floor by bathroom door. The bathroom door therefore didn't close properly & it seemed like a h&s risk, could have tripped over it etc,

Bathroom was modern & very clean. Excellent shower. Hotel in a nice location. Staff pleasant. Nice reception area. Looked like there was a nice courtyard for breakfast but we ate at a bakery nearby.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

Absolutely horrible.
    • Standard Twin Room

The Hotel was way overpriced, and a total disapointment. First, the staff was rude and unfriendly. Then, the room smelt bad, the walls were horrible and dirty, the room was very cold, and the beds seemed dirty. To make matters worse, the shower had hair both on the floor and on the wall, the sink did not stop dripping and it was clogged. It was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in- and I have stayed in hotels in West Africa and Latin America better than this.

I did not like anything about the hotel

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

All in all 2 very happy Danes ! :)
    • Standard Twin Room

The receptionist, Sylva Simonian, was just absolutely wonderful ! She was very helpful and made our stay more pleasant and comfortable. Sweet, sweet woman! We can recommend Hotel Mirific.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

The first room I got was crowdy and noisy.

The first room I got was crowdy and noisy. I have asked to change my room and after 3-4 hours they got another room. However, the bed in the new room was filled with bugs and my skin turned into redness. I informed the reception to change the sheets and to check for bugs in bed, but nothing changes as i had the same problem next night. Don't live in room 116.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2017

I enjoyed stay at this hotel.
    • Superior Triple Room

Toilet basin was chocked . No hot water cattle for even to prepare some instant tea or coffee.

I arrived before my check in time and they provide me the room. Hotel is near to a Metro and supermarket and food shops are all at the door steeps. Over all value for money.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2016

Location was good
    • Superior Twin Room

The room is very small, there isn't sun light, the smell of the room is bad, during our stay after five minutes there appeared the little mice. We left hotel at the middle of the night and tomorrow after our insist they only agree to bring back half our booking.

Location was good

• Reviewed: September 30, 2016

Will never stay in this hotel anymore.
    • Standard Twin Room

- Staff was rude. They talked to other people while serving customers. - Checking in process took forever. - Hairdryer only worked for 5 minutes then it stopped working. - You could hear everything from the room. So noisy.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Not a memorable one.
    • Superior Triple Room

Staff could have been better.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

friendly staff

flooded bathroom shower misery from upper floor toilet comes in your toilet

friendly staff

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

• Standard Twin Room

Small room and not nice, so expensive.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Mirific equal to terrific.
    • Superior Triple Room

Mirific equal to terrific...

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Needs better sound proofing

Location is great for the metro

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Good location, quiet place

Good location, quiet place

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Price
    • Standard Twin Room

It needs to be updated Fresh paint in the rooms would go a long way.

Price

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The location is convenient and near to metro which has...

The room is small. They dont have boiler in the room.

The location is convenient and near to metro which has access to everywhere

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Disappointed how bad this hotel has gone
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything. It was my 3rd time staying here and it's turned so bad.

The reception staff are lovely

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Staff

Staff

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Well, at the end still better than others i think.

Room is different from the pictures it looks new but we stayed in an old room.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Location fairly easy to reach, personal was ok.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very noisy and rooms were a little old.

Location fairly easy to reach, personal was ok.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

I would not return!

Very dirty, mouldy, things not working, paint flaking etc

The only thing I liked was that the metro was close

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

It was fair
    • Superior Twin Room

Cleaning not good bedsheets billowcase other Furnture not good

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Very great

Just need cattle in room

Every thing is okay

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Nickel

Literie top

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Service and cleanness in this hotel was poor.

Service and cleanness in this hotel was poor.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Very small and untidy room, bad smell

Very small and untidy room, bad smell

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Very nice

Parking ...but around the corner is underground parking 5.50 euros for the nite

Very nice

• Reviewed: December 12, 2017

Very nice stay freindly stuff
    • Standard Twin Room

Nice hotel clean cosy small room but very clean and very good location near the metro brochant blue ligne surround with many shops

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Service bathroom was very bad

Service bathroom was very bad

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

The toilet had no towels and smelt really bad

The toilet had no towels and smelt really bad

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

In general it is very good hotel with good staff, especially Silva , who speak in Russian, English,

Staff, place,comunication

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Worth the money
    • Standard Twin Room

No hot water for coffee or tea in room

Nice neighborhood, easy to access by metro

Browse Mirific Traveler Photo Gallery