Reviews of Modern Hotel 2 stars

121 rue du Chemin Vert, 11th arr., 75011 Paris, France

#1408 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.1

Such a convenient location, being close to the metro station.

Bringing the supermarket bags and our luggage up 6 flights of stairs wasn't easy but for what we paid for our room it was not an issue. Have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was clean, had a convenient location and was cheap. What more could one ask for!

Such a convenient location, being close to the metro station. Staff were really friendly. We were on the top floor and there was no stairs (no harm as we ate a lot of pastries) which was expected for the price we paid but make sure to request a lower floor if you're unable for the climb. Room was so clean which was our main priority with a nice big window. There were a few supermarkets nearby where we got most of our food making our stay very affordable! So glad we chose to stay here!

Convenient to where we needed to go

Didn’t realize no elevator to third floor although it did mention it I missed that. Verynoisy can’t keep windows open ,storage closet extremely noisy squeaky while help were getting supplies out.Also other guest very loud coming and going to there rooms late at nite.It says it’s soundproof no where near that at all that should be eliminated. One of the nite help very rude man Day staff seem to be very helpful and pleasant. Really would not recommend as it felt for the money not worth it.

Convenient to where we needed to go

when we arrive , they said the room its ready , and when we...

when we arrive , they said the room its ready , and when we got inside , we realised that they didn’t clean the room after the another customer , they change our room, the tv wasn’t working , but the person who gave us the remote ,said””for sure it’s working” , but didn’t. They charge me twice , and i didnt get my money back yet , i hope they will refund to me the money

Modern Hotel is a great place to stay in Paris

The windows needed to always be open to allow for ventilation.

The staff were friendly and attentive to detail. The room was always cleaned while I was out and about and I felt a good level of privacy. The location is within walking distance from Bastille Opera and Notre Dame and conveniently located by many metro stations.

Very very bad smell

In the room was very very bad smell, 3 times/nights asked to clean it or any other way to make it fresh, but all the time answer was "we are fully booked". We checked/smelled other room but smell was only from cleaning tools/chlorine. So in conclusion I can say that Modern hotel did not care about customers requests/complaints and after 3 times asking couldn't fix very bad smell.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

It was quite noisy in the room - we could hear our neighbors. But it wasnt too bad - we still slept through the whole night.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient - very close to the metro. Beds were very comfortable and clean. Same with the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Wasn’t pleased

There is no elevator. Staff was not too helpful. Breakfast was a joke a cup of coffee and a croissant no other choices available. TV had no remote so it was useless. Room is TINY! No AC. The view wasn’t great. The neighborhood wasn’t great but close to the metro station.

The decor was cute

You can really enjoy Paris while staying at this very affordable hotel.

The breakfast is very limited - just one piece of bread and two small croissants. You can expect to be hungry even after you finish.

Friendly and polite staff. Very clean room. Towels and soaps are changed daily. A metro station is close to the hotel so it's easy to get around the city. There are two supermarkets just a few metres away. Excellent value for money.

Excellent hotel for the money.

Nothing really. Only minor thing was there was no mirror in the bedroom.

Great location - metro station 2 minutes away. The room looked like it had been recently refurbished and was very clean. As was the bathroom which had an excellent shower. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Very good value for money.

It's okay for 1 night stay

The hotel blocked money a week in advance, then we paid on spot, but we had trouble returning the blocked money, so hotel charged us twice. We had to communicate with the bank and they helped us to return the blocked money, but it took time. The window opened only in the bathroom, so we had to sleep with opened bathroom. The Wi-Fi was very slow, you have no chance with uploading something.

Location not far from the metro station. Clean room. We arrived pretty late, but there still was a man on the reception.

all about location

I did not check if they have a/c . Well they do not have it. I am not fan of that but the week that I a was there it was the hottest. Thank god I ask for a fan ! Some of the staff were not very friendly. There were two of them who were super nice but I do not remember their names. And One of them scared my baby and she started to cry and she said to me that French people are not nice:( When I booked the hotel they knew that I have a child with me they gave me a room in the fifth floor no elevator could you image go up and down? I talked to the reservation and he gave me fourth floor :< no consideration at all

I love the location . It is very close to the metro station and that made my visit easy with my 4 year old daughter. There are two supermarkets, bakeries, grocery stores , restaurants in the same street. The cementery were next to the metro if you want to visit .Two staff people were great , they were very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It is worth the amount i paid

There is poor ventilation and air conditioner Will be great due to the summer heat.

The staff is awesome and helpfull . The FACILTY is ok for the money

Would not stay there again.

There was no air conditioning in the room. The staff spoke very little english, it was hard to communicate with them. I was charged twice for my room and getting back my money that they owed me was very difficult, the staff were not cooperating.

Clean rooms with Wi-Fi, kind staff serving continental...

Clean rooms with Wi-Fi, kind staff serving continental breakfasts in the mornings , hotel is located close to to Per Laches metro station. Above expectations taking price into account.

Had a lovely trip to Paris however would not stay in this hotel again very basic.

There is no lift,very difficult to negotiate spiral staircase with heavy luggage.No storage facilities in room,no drawers for clothes we basically had to live out of suitcases,tiny little hanging rail with 4hangers.No chairs in room,nowhere to sit except on bed.No tea/coffee making provided.No air con,room very hot,one window broken and could not be opened,street extremely noisy busy traffic

Rooms very clean staff helpful and friendly. Good location near metro.

We will come again! On reviendra: endroit chaleureux, propre et valant bien son prix!

The place is grate, the hotel is very clean and the staff is very kind! Our room was very small, but for the price it was more than okay. And we didn't hear any noise from the neighbors, only from the street. But you can't live in the center of the city and get stressed about noise. It's just Paris as we love it!

Good location.

No elevator. 6th floor is nice but taking the luggage up and down... less nice. No aircon. No fan. No ceiling fan. Hot as hell.

Good location. Clean

Not enjoyable ar all.

Everything else. The room had no fan or air con, which is unacceptable in 29 degree heat and 80 per cent humidity. It was extremely noisy all night, with a busy road right outside the window, and a bar on the bottom floor of the hotel. And of course the Windows couldn't be closed because of the heat. There was nothing in the room, a bed and a foot stool.

Not much. The staff were friendly and helpful.

It was quite ok but you have to be more prepared in this situation.

The main issue is no lift and the lighting in corridor is available temporarily as you need to push button in dark(I hate this part). No AC leave you no choice and need to open the window (noise pollution and sometime smoking pollution from outside).

Cleanliness is good especially for the bathroom (very important aspect for me), the staffs are quite nice. Metro station and minimarket is near.

Great location and ok amenities.

- Rooms were quite small. - No elevator. Very inconvenient to walk all the way up to the 6th floor with big luggage.

- Staff were nice. - Great location with lots of food options in the area. - Very close to the metro station.

No Lift.

No Lift. I have to climb 6 stories using stairs. Very challenging for me. Will never recommend that hotel to any other person. It was a complete disgrace. No table in room to use.

It was very handy to walk to the centre and the bars in the...

No lift having to climb stairs luckily we were fit a lot of people struggled. Bathroom very small not worth the £115 a night room only.

It was very handy to walk to the centre and the bars in the areaz

Wouldn’t like to come back to this hotel.

Hotel has no elevator, staircase very narrow, and no porter service. So whoever travels with heavy luggages, it’s not the place! There is not enough space in the room to keep your things out of luggages, almost every day had to ask to get shower gel, toilet paper, was no shampoo anyway... Very noisy neighbours and thin walls, so you can listen what’s going on around. Disliked the fact of scanning of my credit card (both sides!!!) by the personel. This happened first time ever.

Comfortable enough beds. Not far away from the office that we came to visit. Also couple of Metro lines are not far away.

Fulfilled a purpose.

Not enough clothes hanging space. No shelves or drawers for clothes. Only mirror was a small one in the bathroom (this was loosing it's mirrored backing and looked like it should have been replaced long ago). Very little soundproofing between rooms and corridors. Breakfast room exceedingly small (nowhere near large enough for the number of rooms in the hotel) and breakfast itself was very basic (even by French standards).

Very clean. Room service good - room & public areas always cleaned daily, fresh towels each day. Location good, 5 minutes walk to Pere Lachaise metro station. Good selection of local restaurants & cafes.

Might be your hotel if your looking for a one nights stay. Staff was nice.

I did not like that there wasn't an elevator and an iron w/ ironing board. We were on the 3rd floor and had to carry huge bags up and down those stairs! Since there wasn't an iron or ironing board my boyfriend had to wear wrinkled clothes in Paris :/

I liked security of the hotel and the color scheme.

Its definitely great value for money.

Its definitely great value for money. The staff was nice and very professional. I will be back and I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is planning a short visit to Paris.

the worst hotel to stay the give me the room in the 6th...
    • Quadruple Room

the worst hotel to stay the give me the room in the 6th floor in the Arctic and they said they don't have any left so you have to go stairs with the kids

Lovely, looking forward to come again.

suggestion- one more shelf for the wardrobe

Great location, in the street with markets and cafes. Quiet, safe and very near the main street with lots of bars and good metro connection. Hotel clean, cosy although tiny, like everything and everywhere in Paris ; ) Cute bistro at the ground floor. Also, very friendly and helpful staff. We got all info and extra stuff we needed. We enjoyed our stay and recommend to choose hotel Modern.

Everything was excellent except hygiene.

Not properly clean. Curtains were so dirty but no one really cared to come and change it trough 9 days stay. Whole 9 days we had no bed sheets and pillow covers changed. Cleaners definitely should better do their job since thats only thing that will make us choose other hotel next time.

Room we got was exactly as on the pictures. There is no elevator so we asked receptionist to help us with luggage, what he did. Rooms are not big but just fine for 9 days stay. Our mini traveling kettle broke down so receptionists were so kind to boil water for our coffees and teas at least twice per day. Hotel staff was friendly and ready to help. Location is good, on walking distance from metro and the bus. Carrefour and Lidl are just few meters away, as well as mobile shops where you can get a sim card or bakeries with tasty pastries.

Nice staff, good value, really neat real french, not touristy neighborhood

The plumbing in the bathroom allowed at times sewer gasses to creep in. As I was out and about this was no big deal as keeping a window open remedied that

It was a good value in a real local's neighborhood with vitality and convenient to old Paris and close to a Metro station so easy to get to all the must see stuff. A very cool must experience walk from the Bastille along Rue de la croquement past a truly authentic vibrant restaurant and local nightlife scene, NOT TURIST TRAPS!

Marvelous days visiting Paris for the first time / me and my wife.

We had an 8 nights stay and the temperature in Paris was below 10 Celsius overnight in most of these days. I noticed that if the outdoor temperature during the day was above 10 Celsius heating was off and not started during the night although we had 6 Celsius outdoor temperature during the night. So I had to speak with the receptionist to start the heating in two or three nights of our stay as we are used to having 22 in the bedroom during the night at home. The guy from reception was very helpful and started the heat so it was no issue in the end but I was not happy that I had to make that request multiple times, but we also got an extra blanket which was very good for us. Quite noisy room. I assume this is standard for Paris. Although the street is not very crowded you can hear everything in the room. During the night I used earplugs and I was fine.

Got a low floor room and was easy to get to the room. Very clean. Towels changed and room cleaning every day. Got an extra blanket because of cold days. Every morning I got free hot water from reception, for my wife's instant coffee - she cannot start the day without one. Paris is great. There are 2 metro lines near the hotel so location is more than fine. Average 20 - 25 minutes distance from any major attraction in centre Paris. Price-Quality is very good from my perspective. I had 75 EU price per night and this is quite good for Paris.

It was ok, But more for crashing 1 max 2 Nights.

The bed was quite hard, and the pillows were very thin. The WiFi works, but the signal is weak. So you cannot Netflix for instance. Further if your room is on the 5/6th floor you need to walk all the stairs (no elevator). And when the room is at the street side there is a lot of noise coming from it.

A lot of food facilities around the corner.

Nice!

A little bit far from the metro station. If you are going to travel in Paris, every day need to move some stations by metro

The room is very comfortable. The staff is very lovely.

The location was good it was near bus station and metro...

It doesn’t have lift and have lots of steps and they don’t help for carrying suitcases.

The location was good it was near bus station and metro station but it was far from Eiffel tower

Short stay at Paris

Very small rooms, i hit my head while getting out of bathroom)) no elevator

Near to metro. Price/quality ratio is great. Perfect for cheap short stay

I would really recommend it...

The hotel has no stairs, my friend had to carry her suitcase to the very last floor (6th floor), it was kind of aweful. Every time you left the hotel, they ask you to leave the key in reception , that is very suspicious and annoying. The second time I went to pick the key back they gave me the wrong key, meaning that I had to go up 6 floors, go down 6th floors and go back up again 6 FLOORS. Not the best customer service, also, the internet does not work.

Low cost and in a good area, would not recommend for a comfortable or romantic stay

The bedding was not changed , just the bed was re made with the same sheets. Only a single pillow and a thin bed sheet. It did get rather cold. No TV remote , and the way the tv was positioned made this difficult to use,

It was well priced in a good locaion

We`ll never come back

The room was dirty when we took the key. Also the room was very cold, the heater was not working properly, and the staff said that the only thing that they can to is to give us more blankets. On the last day, at 9:30 the receptionist refused to give us our paid breakfast (a coffee/tea and croisants) and doesn`t matter that on their website is writed that the breakfast is until 10:00!

Close to metro station

Reasonable price and very close from metro station, cafes,...

Noisy neighbours having party all night. It was not convenient that we had to call a staff to come inside the hotel (sometime away from the desk), and that we had to leave the key at the reception every single time.

Reasonable price and very close from metro station, cafes, supermarkets and bakery.

staff were amazing!

The room was very cold, some extra bedding in the winter months would be good.

staff were amazing! Looked after our bags so we didn't have to walk around with them in the snow

Very bad experience

Not clean No elevator Very small room Unconfortable bed No fridge No face towel(only for shower) If the neighbour in the second room breath we can hear him. No water in the room No safe case Bad experience

We had the worst time ever at this hotel.

We had the worst time ever at this hotel. They put us on 5th floor with no elevator, with two suitcases it literally took the breathe out of us. On the second night the young boy gave us the wrong key and we had to come all the way down again to get there correct key and whilst we couldn’t get a word out due to lack of breathe the chap said it’s ok it’s good for your health. The bedroom was small unlike the photos online and also the bathroom was also small, we had to enter in sideways and again too enter the shower also at an angle. To make things worse although the white sheets were clean the warmer blanket made available to us was a horrible worn out itchy thing and by the end of the night my husband and I were covered in red dots (Rash). The plastic purple strip that covered the end of the bed as plastic and very uncomfortable and also the blanket had a cigarette burn on it. For €272.94 you can get a lot better for your money at any other hotel in Paris. The location on the other hand was close to the Metro station and accessible from any road which was good, but when sleeping at night all you can hear is rowdy drunks people or noisy youth. Having said that and to be fair it is a safe area, one of the things that gave us comfort. The older gentleman at the lobby was very kind, helpful when we needed directions to and from places.

dirt cheap, clean, very basic.

no lift. 6 flights of stairs. room smelled of cigarette smoke. no hot water for shower. great for the fit and young people but not suitable for oldies with stair problems.

refurbished. cheap.

Rude staff, dodgy location
    • Quadruple Room

Did not feel like a safe street. Had to walk 6 flights of stairs to the room and the staff did not help any of us with our bags... just wasnt good enough. Will not be reccommending it to anyone.

Room was clean and tidy

Very enjoyable stay

No lift! room on 4th floor, not easy to get up there with large suitcases!

Very good location with everything easily accessible. Room clean and comfortable but small.

The staff were very nice and the bed was extremely...

There were no stairs but I didn't mind as I was only on the second floor. I also wasn't aware you had to leave your key behind the desk every time you left but they had 24 hour reception. There were no toiletries for showering.

The staff were very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was smaller than I thought but perfect for what I needed. The city view was great and the room was soundproof. The area wasn't that touristy and had some great eateries at affordable prices which I really appreciated, and the proximity to the metro was perfect.

I particularly didn’t like the toe nail i found next to my...

Size of the room, cleanliness, overall impression

I particularly didn’t like the toe nail i found next to my bed. The room was super small and didn’t look like the images i saw online. The breakfast room wasn’t heated. People were eating with their coats on.

Small and noisy rooms

Rooms were too small, about 10m2 with a toilet! the bed was too small and not so comfortable, the toilet door was in front of the bed and you could hear everything. The bathroom was so small that only one person could fit. No lift, you have to take stairs. What bothered me the most is the fact that the walls of the hotel are made of plasterboard, I could hear everything in the room next to mine and the man kept talking on the phone all night and I couldn’t sleep untill 01:00.

Location is ok

Worst hotel experience to date!

- The staff had poor communication - hotel room not cleaned for the 2 nights -No clean towels provided, we physically had to go and ask ourself and even then only got one towel although we were 3 people staying there -The size of the rooms were incredibly small, to the point were the toilet door couldn't openfully and there was no were to physically put suitcases so we had to stack them up -when we told the concierge that we didn't get fresh towels or our room cleaned they were very rude and dismissive and we didn't even get an apology - Also we stayed in 4th floor and there was no lift nor anyone to help us carry the suitcases up

The location of the property

It was nice, the room size is much more suitable for a couple. Location is good.

The triple room is way too cramped, there is no elevator at all, we had to drag our suitcases up the stairs to the 3rd floor. There wasnt always hot water.

The location is good, the staff were nice and helpful.

I won't stay there again.

I was served dry bread and crossiants every day. The hotel is below basic I don't think they should be advised as a hotel. Feels more like a hostel.

not worth the value.

rude staff. room has no minifridge, offered no amenities such as shampoo or conditioning, no water. a cleaning person walked into the room without even knocking. there was a tv in the room but no remote control to use it. internet signal is weak and faulty. noisy street at night.

the room was ok in terms of comfort, small but the bed was comfortable.

It was clean and not so expensive

There was no elevator and the smell in the room was stranger as if someone were smoking often there - but it was very clean

It was clean and not so expensive

Small room, bad internet, good location.

Very Small room with no chair or desk (just a very very small one), so it was impossible use the computer other than in bed, which is not comfortable to work or answer emails. Very bad Internet. They have a common area used usually for breakfast but they don't let you bring dinner or lunch to eat there even if it's empty, but you don't have space in the room to eat other than in bed.

Location nearby Metro lines 2 and 3. Lot of budget restaurants nearby.

Weird.....
    • Quadruple Room

The area was kinda sketch and even tho it is close to the metro I would not walk that area after sundown, the night staff was weird and when you leave the property they make you leave your room key and one night we came back pretty late around 2 am, it took staff about 15 mins to let us in. If it's your first time in Paris like it was ours I would not recommend staying here. Also we were on the 6th floor and I didn't mind the lack of a lift but the stairs didn't feel all that secure.

The room was clean

Very comfortable and super clean, price is amazing, but don't bring heavy luggage!

My room was on the 6th (and top) floor... and there is no lift! I had to carry my suitcase all the way up and saw other girls struggling with theirs.

Extremely clean room, very nice welcome from the staff. Extremely good quality room for the price.

4.0
    Not worth according to the price

There was no lift, no buffet breakfast, generally every hotel check-in @12 but this has @13 policy i dont know ehy, so did'nt made early check-in even after making this as special request

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet and a Metro station was within easy reach

The central heating did not work in the evening or night but I was given an extra blanket which solved the problem. Also the electric point which I needed to power my 'phone/ IPad was in a most inconvenient place so that I had to kneel each time to attach the plugs to the socket.

The bed was really comfortable and the staff were helpful and friendly.

The floor was dirty both in the room and bathroom, and...

The floor was dirty both in the room and bathroom, and although the cleaner was coming into the room everyday, the floor was never cleaned. The bed sheets and pillow cases were dirty with black marks since I arrived, and they were not changed for the whole of my stay (1 week!). When I complained, I was not really believed and almost laughed at by the staff and told that it was not normal to find that sort of stains and that regardless the bed sheets will not be changed. Also, while the description says "sound-proof" rooms, that is indeed not the case: it is possible to hear every noise for adjacent rooms and the street as well!

I was on the 5th floor and their is no lift.

I was on the 5th floor and their is no lift. Heavy bag carried to fifth floor did not go down well. Shower room door height a bit low for a tall person. Forgot to duck and scraped the top of my head. Hairs - need to check that other people's hair is not left around - after showering I thought I saw a grey hair on me so i pulled at it and it kept getting longer - it was clearly not mine as I have very little hair on me.

Staff was very helpful guiding us to he right area and...
    • Quadruple Room

There was no lift and our room was located at the very top 6th floor. Was extremely difficult with two young children.

Staff was very helpful guiding us to he right area and informing us about the right tram lines.

Value for money

My personal towel got missing and couldn't retrieve till I left. Believe it got mixed up with their towel but it was quite different and anyone should quickly make out the difference. It made me a little insecure about my stuff

friendly and helpful staff. Ready to help you if you needed help. They speak English as well

Extremely disappointing and not worth almost €400

Everything. The room was tiny, the tv didn't work, there were no cups or tea or coffee in the room and when we asked for some at night they refused and said only for breakfast. As a Brit I like to have tea at any time of the day and because we would get back to the hotel at 11 o'clock to midnight every day it was disappointing to not have anything at all. The bed would be made every day the towels replaced but the bedding was never washed. There were stains on the old, worn out blanket that was our cover and every day, without fail, the blanket was made into the bed along with the stained pillow covers and bed sheet. No help was offered to carry bags up six flights of stairs either.

Great location, friendly area, clean and reasonable in price

A lift would be useful, carrying luggage up stairs after travelling isn't much fun, also the breakfast was just bread & jam, better than nothing though

Location was really good, close to the Metro & supermarket, there is also a café bar next door which was nice. Also close to a good Rock bar called Dr Feelgood's

- Receptionist assisted me carrying a piece of luggage to...
    • Quadruple Room

- Not a safe place for children; stairs panel barriers are fixed apart from each other that can let a child through. - Friendliness level of hotel staff could be better (e.g. I'm tired now come back 2moro, can help u with luggage but not here for this a guest was told, etc.) - Dusty blankets. - No lift in a 6-floor building. - Breakfast is too basic, between 7 and 9 am only. - Rooms were uncomfortably warm, couldn't open window as I have a child. - No remote control in rooms. - No cupboard to put ur clothes in - Water was cut for few hours as something was getting fixed. - Sink is missing a sink hole cover; was blocked by previous guest as dropped something. We then blocked it again as we dropped something. Common sense says get a sink cover!

- Receptionist assisted me carrying a piece of luggage to 6th floor - Fresh clean towel everyday - Central Paris, so easy to get to places within the capital - a number of nearby shops and restaurants - a number of metro stations around - was kindly moved to 1st floor as wife was pregnant, two sinlge rooms instead of one big room - breakfast was provided promptly as you reach the dinning area

Nice with a few things to keep in mind

There is no elevator, we were staying up in the 5th floor. The rest was ok, very nice rooms. Breakfast was same food everyday, which is a bit annoying after a few days.

The staff was nice. The reception is open 24/7 and that is a huge +. Rooms are nice, cozy and you get fresh towels everyday. Location is good as well.

Nice price/comfort relation for 2 or 3 nights in Paris

There is no elevator and the breakfast was very basic. The room also a little bit small but more than enough for sleep well after long days of tourism or work in Paris.

The location of the hotel is good, with a metro station near that you can reach walking. Bathroom and bed were comfortable. Nice price/comfort relation to stay 2 o 3 nights in Paris.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Modern Hotel is not Modern at all!!!Dont Believe the pictures... its deceiving.

NO ELEVATOR. Travelled 15k miles away then I have to carry our 25 kgs luggages to the 4th floor on a very steep, narrow, and poorly lit & poorly ventilated spiral stairs. There is only one or 2 staff for the whole hotel. Its a backpacker, very small hotel for a medium-high priced hotel. Definitely, there are far better hotel in the area than this with the same price.

Clean and near metro station

Ok if looking for budget stay but I would not choose again as single female traveller.

That said..traveling alone it was a very lonely hotel at night..no communal area and didn't see a soul in the hotel. I felt quite alone.Street was noisy. Small room but I found a better spot on top floor. Hair dryer non-functional. Adequate if you are traveling on tight budget as it was fairly clean. I would not stay there personally again.

The only thing I thought was very good was the staff. Very nice people. That said..traveling alone it was a very lonely hotel at night..no communal area and didn't see a soul in the hotel. I felt quite alone.Street was noisy. There were good supermarkets & food in the area. Close to metro stop.

Wonderful Stay

It would have been nice to have face cloths.

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. The beds were firm but that was perfect for me. I had requested not to be on the first floor but missed that there was no elevator so I'm glad we were only one flight up and the very first room. The room was bright, very clean and met my expectations. The breakfast was bit more simple than I expected but it was nice that the staff was always there to immediately ask if we wanted coffee or tea and brought out croissants bread juice and hot drinks. The property was quiet, close to the metro with dining options close by, and a wonderful bakery just a block away. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Nothing to brag about but good value for the money.

Breakfast. Could serve a bigger breakfast and charge a little more.

The bed was comfortable and the place was clean except the room was small. The breakfast was lousy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Comfortable low cost room

The room was very minimal could of done with a bin in main room and a long length mirror and more pillows Plug sockets hard to reach under bedside shelf

The hotel had good transport links to centre and all the staff were very friendly and helpfull.we were at top of building which gave great view of area but long climb up no lift. Our room was very small but very clean and was cleaned each day clean towels ect The shower was very good and easy to use We enjoyed our stay and was good value

Not so modern but very comfy

There was no hand towel in the bathroom You can hear your neighbours, so the walls are quite thin. No lift, we didn't mind (6th floor) but it's good to know...

Very comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom was spotless Breakfast was good, one croissant and some bread and jam, typically French. Staff was very nice

Good value for money and close to the tube. I would come back

Luck of elevator . We were at the 4th floor. Fortunately we had 2 small luggages. With a big luggage would have been a problem. Not enough toilet paper for a couple staying 2 days. No shampo nor shower gel. Only 2 small towels. One window was broken and kept closed by scotch tape.

Staff was very friendly. They let us keep the luggages inside the Hotel for few hours after check out. So we could enjoy a bit longer Paris without carrying them. Room was small but clean.

Good location and easy to find and good links for puplic...

Good location and easy to find and good links for puplic transport. friendly staf, clean room, with brand New bathroom. the bed was comfortable, towels was wer provided each day. 👍

Browse Modern Hotel traveller photo gallery