Reviews of Hôtel Montaigne & Spa 4 stars

4 Rue Montaigne, Carnot, 06400 Cannes, France

#51 of 103 hotels in Cannes

Lovely place to stay close to the centre

A little hard to park outside to then check in (2 spaces) but OK in the end.

Check in / out process was met with really helpful staff, even parked the car for us!!! Room was comfortable, clean - not much of a view (over the rear courtyard). SPA was very nice, really quiet. Location was a short walk down to the centre of Canne.

Lovely hotel & nice location.
    • Connecting Family Room

Bathroom was not extremely clean. Not terrible at all but would appreciate higher level. Other parts of the room were very clean so was the bed.

Staff is excellent. Friendly and helpful. Location is great, right next to city center - walking distance 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good location, nice breakfast, very friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

A bit too overpriced for what it offers. Spa very expensive, only one hour free access to the pool.

Good location, nice breakfast, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A great 5 nights.

We found the standards of accommodation good and clean. Paper cups in the room - would prefer normal cups and milk? Our safe was faulty but quickly repaired.

Consistently friendly staff. Helpful service, where staff went out of their way to please. Bar standards fabulous and good coffee!

Not worth it!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bad service for the parking, bad elevator condition. Not worth it the money i pay. Breakfast has not enough choice especially for gluten free.

Room were clean and modern!

Location is near to the center of Cannes
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Old furniture and rooms Air conditioning is poor Bad window isolation, you can hear all the voices and car noises at night Check in too late and check out too soon I would not rate it as a 4 star

Location is near to the center of Cannes Staff were really friendly

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Upon checkout the receptionist got it all wrong.

Upon checkout the receptionist got it all wrong. Had to swipe my card twice, incurring bank charges and then a call to say it was still wrong, and could he debit my card again, to which I said no. First send me the invoice so that I can double check before giving authorisation. Apart from that, we had a good stay. The Canadian barman was hilarious!

Rooms were clean and basic, location was only about -...

I wouldn’t class this hotel as 4 star, it is more 2 or 3 star. We had problems from the start, at check in the hotel manager was abrupt and not willing to help. We had apartment and a hotel room which were far apart from eachother. No cleaning in the apartment at all for the whole stay. Bare minimum cleaning in the hotel room and no replacement cups in hotel room. No hairdryer in the apartment, when asked reception for one it took nearly an hour to come up to the room. It’s listed as a spa hotel but You have to reserve an hour to use the spa facilities. No towels available in the spa. Fitness suite- we have more in our garage than in here. Overall a very disappointing costly stay!!! At check out the staff were more interested in checking people in than refunding me my €500 deposit!!

Rooms were clean and basic, location was only about - 10/15min walk to the beach

Good breakfast/ clean room
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

At checkin the lady from the reception asked for ID + credit card and scanned both WITHOUT askig me if i agree or not to scan the credit card front/back!!! After i asked her whybshe scanned it she said it is a normal procedure in case I am smoking inside the room they can debit my card! I asked her to block an amount from it, not to scan it and she said this is not possible :) Of course i asked her to delete imediatly those scans and she did it . I am schocked how easily you can ran out of funds as an unauthorised person can have access to your card details! Please be carefull with this issue. Also parking on site is cheaper than 22€ per day , after 19:00 parking is free and also Sunday all day long . So basically from Saturday 19:00 to Monday 08:00 parkig is free of charge on the street!

Good breakfast/ clean room

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very friendly staff.
    • Connecting Family Room

The bathroom water was coming out. Was too small. Even though it was clean the bathroom was too small. Not enough plugs to charge the phone.

Very friendly staff. Beds were comfortable. AC was good and room was very clean.

Excellent hotel in premium location; good option for families
    • Connecting Family Room

Just a few suggestions to improve an already excellent hotel. 1. More power points. Particularly in the bathrooms. The available plug did not allow fitting of an Australian travel adaptor, so for plugging in a hair dryer, we had to request an extension cord, and plug it in the corridor outlet (note; the staff were quick in providing the extension cord when we indicated that there was a problem). 2. The hair dryers provided were themselves very weak, and kept cutting off. It would be good to invest in a few stronger ones. 3. The air conditioning in the gym area was difficult to control, or was not working properly. It would be good to make sure the gym area is really well cooled at all times.

Very comfortable hotel in an excellent location, within short walking distance to the old town, harbour, and the most famous cinema-related landmarks. The breakfast was great, and the staff at the restaurant were very attentive to our needs - in most cases we did not need to ask for things, they seemed to anticipate what we needed! OK to arrive by car, as you can park in front and a valet takes the car away for you; when you need the car, you can have it back in 10 minutes. I really appreciated the ability to book adjacent, interconnected rooms, which is a fantastic option when traveling with children. The cost for the adjacent rooms was much less than I anticipated (although we booked well in advance). I did not use the spa facilities downstairs but they seemed very nice.

Great location while on a quiet street, I selected the...
    • Apartment

It is not in the main hotel block, may be that's why housekeeping is not as good as I wished. Instant coffee packets were not refilled, bottled water only provided once. However compared to non-hotel operated airbnb type apartment this is better serviced

Great location while on a quiet street, I selected the 1-bedroom apartment which is located next block to the main hotel.

excellent central location, beautiful hotel with good facilities

The staff were very friendly and gave us a guide on where to visit. Although it says you must book to use the spa, when it was not busy they allow you to go anytime. The room we stayed in (superior double) was very light airy and spacious with a huge comfy bed. The room was kept clean and fresh towels every day. The location is excellent, 4 minutes walk from the bus/train station. Less than 10 minutes to the beach and harbour. So many shops and food places to choose from. We would 100% stay here again and recommend.

Ok stay providing you don’t get any of the attic rooms. They are dangerous.

Room had low beams no place to put suitcases but under them. banged my head 3 times have got 2 large bumps on forehead now . Staff unhelpful. Items of our belonging went missing. No ironing/laundry service on property.

There is a spa

Food, location, parking in hotel premisses
    • Connecting Family Room

We had the family room (i.e. two joined rooms) with two bathrooms. In one of them the shower didn’t work at all, in second it was working only partialy. The first evening we even didn’t have the warm water in the shower and the heating facility didn’t work in one of the bedrooms.

Food, location, parking in hotel premisses

Room was clean and comfortable, but needed updating.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

the decor of our room was a little tired and in need of updating, however was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Room was clean and comfortable, but needed updating. Spa facilities basic but pleasant. Pool not big or deep enough to swim in but steam room was great. Parking facilities were excellent and our car was always ready for us in the morning. Would stay again if in Cannes.

Convenient hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It all felt a little grubby and as if it needed a spring clean. They advertise 24 hour room service but in fact you can order only microwaved meals. This isn’t great when you’re on a business trip and arrive from your flight at 10pm.

The location is great. Just a short stroll from the train station and Rue dAntibes. The breakfast was great and the bed comfortable!

Excellent location to stay in Cannes!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The water on the jacuzzi was a bit cold. It should be a little hotter. Just a bit overpriced for the month I went (January).

Staff members were really nice suggesting us restaurants areas and nightclub life. The breakfast was really good and varied. I was lucky to park around the hotel, but I guess on a peak month it's a lot harder to find parking. The location was incredible, not too far from the sea walk (5 min walking).

A poor experience

Zero service. Ordinary breakfast no one ever restocked the food for a buffet breakfast. The room wa s stifling hot and still the concierge did nothing. Shower was like a tap. Very poor

Not much. Probably the proximity to Cannes

Fabulous really enjoyed our stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Decent sized room with huge and very comfortable bed. Breakfast gave plenty of choice and all fresh. Great location, right near train station and 5/10 minutes walk from harbour and beaches.

No hot water in showers. Don't waste your time here!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There was no hot water in the shower of our room for the two nights we stayed at the property. We were directed to shower in the spa on the main level which was a huge inconvenience. They tried to "make it up" by leaving a bottle of champaigne in the room for us and said the issue would be addressed, however it was not. On the second night we demanded another room and were downgraded to a smaller room. When I spoke with the manager, he was extremely rude stating the issue had been fixed but I should have left the water in the shower running for 30mins before the hot water begins to work. He said "I too have stayed at hotels and these things happen." ...really, no shower access in a 4-star hotel is acceptable? I think not. The manager was unprofessional handled the whole thing poorly. His tone was rude, condescending and dismissive. This hotels was unwilling to accept fault or compensate for the inconvenience adequately. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone until they increase their standards for customer service.

That we finally found accommodation after it has been...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

On arrival we waited quite long for receptionist to find our reservation that we made through Booking.com , also he didn't issue an invoice for our payment even though that we went back to hotel personally after 3 days to ask for it .. still did not get our copy as they promised they will send it by mail .

That we finally found accommodation after it has been cancelled by owner of property and we got information in last min by mail. Unfortunately we rcvd mail while we were on our way to Cannes on plane and not able to check email. It was so disappointing since never had this kind of experience with Booking.com;( otherwise the beds were very comfy and rooms very clean .

we enjoyed our stay because of location the hotel could have done more in terms of room comfort
    • Deluxe Double Room

the room facilities were sparce the room seemed damp the views from rooms were poor , dont stay here if you want views ! stay here if you want to be close to town centre and train station

the staff were really friendly and helpful a big thanks to Mohammed great guy ! the location was very good !

Very very nice!

Jacuzzi is a weird temperature, 30 C... it is pretty cold for jacuzzi. Hammam was broken during our whole stay(1 week). Many roads to cross to get to the beach, one has to b patient to avoid being run over by a car

Hotel is great, stuff is very nice, good location. I really enjoyed my stay there. Not very cheap, but it is a very good 4 star hotel, you pay a reasonable price for that

Really nice, spacious clean room, big comfy bes.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom gets easily wet. Haman was not working at 9, so we missed because we had to wait to get hot. Big big problem is the building built in front of the hotel. There is a lot of noise almost all day. Nice hotel but too noisy for thia period of time.

Really nice, spacious clean room, big comfy bes. Normal breakfast , polite personnel.

sometimes uncomfortable but the room was great
    • Deluxe Double Room

sometimes I felt the receptionists and the staff were staring at me too much as if they didn't trust us. Moreover they asked us several times if we were hosting there and the room number we had!!!! I found myself uncomfortable and I had paid a lot of money for the room!!!!!

the location and the man in the reception who spoke spanish

Summer in Cannes
    • Connecting Family Room

Wifi wasn't great in my room. Had to move around to try and get a good signal. Lobby wifi was much better though.

Staff very friendly. Great selection of foods for breakfast. Hotel clean and well looked after. Very close to the train/bus station, and also to Rue d'Antibes and the Palais de Festivals. Excellent location to central Cannes.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Expensive hotel for what it had to offer
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything seemed crammed. The fridge did not work. The pool was very small and I didn't see any showers around it to wash before going inside the pool.

The location of the hotel is very good and the staff was very helpful. The bathroom seemed 4 stars.

good in desperate times

I asked if the kitchen was open because we arrived late at night. The night manager stated the kitchen was open 24 hours. We ordered from the menu and when the food arrived he should have stated that the microwave was always open. Our dinner was served in glass jars from a local deli. That was a first for me ))

I will not stay again
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The spa I did nail polish was very bad the room they gave me there was instruction next to it I couldn't sleep and when I told them they didn't care even when I tick them to make it up from me for late check out they didn't

Would add to the agenda for our next trip

Very expensive parking, in comparison to other hotels in Europe. Room layout on top floor - low ceilings. Very easy to hit your head when getting out of bed. A simple movement of the bed location would fix this.

Spa facilities and proximity to the beach. Cleanliness and valet parking.

Good hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There are building works across the street from the front of the hotel which create a lot of noise particularly early morning. There are vents in the windows so all of the noise from the building works could be heard from our room, even with ear plugs. We asked to move room to the back of the hotel and the staff accommodated our request quickly, which we were grateful for. I would stay at the hotel again but only in a room at the back until the building works are done. Paper cups in the room and plastic cups in the bathroom should be changed to China and glass.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms on the first floor with a balcony are nice. Pool ideal and hotel in a very convenient location.

Great hotel!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Just a shame there wasn't an outdoor pool.

The staff are all really friendly and happy to help! Great location, short walk to the beach and town centre. Immaculately clean!

Near the Cannes beach and nice to have a lot of restaurant...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

One of the staff who helped on parking doesn't speak English, which is a bit disappointing, but at least he is friendly.

Near the Cannes beach and nice to have a lot of restaurant nearby.

The room was recently renovated, with a comfortable and...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The a/c was too strong, however the staff was happy to help.

The room was recently renovated, with a comfortable and spacy bed. The bathroom was clean. Very enjoyable pool and spa facilities.

Very nice (borat accent)

Somebody walked into the room despite the sign "do not disturb" hung on the door knob

Bathroom, very nice bathtub! Bed, very comfy. Spacious

Not a nice spot unfortunately
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

First we were welcomed from a nice receptionist very nice, the hall is very normal but much better than the room situation. Once we arrived at our floor (4th) the hotel was very different, dirty walls and carpet, the room was full of dust (probably because nobody had been sleeping there for a while) and a very strong smell of nafta coming from the sheets bothered both of us for the whole night. Our throats and noses were burning and we are usually not allergic to anything. But that chemical thing irritated both of us. The restroom smelled of sewer, very annoying for a 4* hotel (180€/night). We didn't see the spa or terrace. Another note: upon our arrival we were told more than once by the receptionist that the breakfast was included in our reservation, I was a bit surprised because we usually don't include breakfast but sometimes it comes with the reservation. We took 3 croissants and 2 coffees and I got asked at the reception for 40 € extra for the breakfast ( at the table they asked me to sign a paper where the total in big was 0€ so I was really surprised) we explained to the manager that her colleague told us that it was included etc but she started treating us like thieves, like if we wanted to steal from her. She didn't even took in consideration our words and took my credit card. We never received a receipt from that transaction and it really made me feel like we were stupid tourists robbed by our hotel.

The furniture is pretty basic but ok.

The room wasn't even finished. There was unfinished grouting in the bathroom and one wall was just plastered and not painted. A nice reception downstairs to lure you in but not worth the price.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

A great opportunity to stay in a nice place in Cannes with a wonderful value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room

Service level. in case you have a lot of luggage, a support with the trolley is highly appreciated (in a 4 stars hotel)

Excellent value for money!! clean and new hotel, with nice staff. Alexis was very helpful to support us in the organization of the journey

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great relaxing hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The beds were a little hard but that's a personal preference ofcourse

It's a lovely and beautiful hotel! The staff is very nice, I ended up upgrading to the nicest suite because I wanted a bathtub and they gave me a very good deal. It was beautiful with a sitting area with tv, bedroom with tv, lots of different channels by the way! Amazing bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower with jets. The pool is very nice and the water warm. The location is great too, just behind the train station and a quick walk across the street into the shopping area and from here you're right at the beach!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Warm welcome and service throughout.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A couple of extra wall sockets? A minor point.

Warm welcome and service throughout. Good location. Quiet room and good bathroom. REAL wooden hangers and not the wretched 'snap on' variety found in so many hotels, even of this category. Excellent car-parking service. Friendly spa staff.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Comfortable beds and pillows... However needs a lot to be more then a 3 star.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A/C cooling is off as an hotel policy in October. Boiling hot room in the morning and day time and u cannot open the windows. Not so clean bathrooms. Poor quality of shampoo set. Hard to call it a Spa. Noisy ventilation shaft 24 hours.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Walking distance to the Palais des Festivals however obviously not on the sea front.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Nice room, walking distance to la croisette and nice...

at check in they could not find my reservation and the staff was not the best but he could solve the problem quite rapidly so it has been ok.

Nice room, walking distance to la croisette and nice facilities also convenient as they have the parking too.

fantastic cannes weekend
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Should be clean better. black corners in the pool and in the toilet

spa pools are included in the price and the place close to the center of the city that you can reach by foot.

Location was great as well as staff

Had no dislikes

Location was great as well as staff

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Cannes 2018

The service

The bathroom is not very clean, there is much hair in the...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is not very clean, there is much hair in the bathtub.

Great location and great hotel!

Shower kept flooding the bathroom

Great location and great hotel!

Great value for money in Cannes!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A little to far from the beachfront

Great value for money in Cannes!

French Boutique Town House ran by the best in the business!!

Excellent choice!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast choices, soundproof rooms, amazing staff! They have an underground parking, you can keep your car/moto safe..

My review

Everything was great the staff was friendly, rooms were clean, and great location only 10 minutes to the beach.

Enjoyable
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Major problem with the TV English channels. They need to sort it out.

Good location, staff were always helpful and friendly

Close to the public beach, 15 min walk, restaurants and...

Close to the public beach, 15 min walk, restaurants and boardwalk

Great location , good parking

Great location , good parking

Own balchony (superior room), very clean room, comfortable...

Own balchony (superior room), very clean room, comfortable bed. Very friendly and helpful staff!

Nice stay and would go back but it's not high spec

The paper and plastic cups in the room - tea and coffee facilities were basic

The staff were very friendly and accommodating

Very helpful staff and parking under the hotel

Very helpful staff and parking under the hotel

Very nice staff.

Maybe they could change the floor mat of the shower everyday.

Very nice staff. Rooms were very comfortable.

Excelente atencion

Excelente atencion

Location is great, bed and pillows comfortable .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is great, bed and pillows comfortable . Clean and nice.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Made us feel very welcome.
    • Connecting Family Room

Floors in bedroom were not carpeted. Tiles make it less cosy.

Accommodated our family with an adjoining room.

Very uncomfortable especially for a junior suite. It was a big waste of money.

The bed was not a queen bed it was 2 beds put together! Not cool

Overall not happy with service.

Excellent location, great personnel!

Google Maps

Excellent location, great personnel!

We had a good time at the spa.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We had a good time at the spa.

A bit far from town .

the noise from construction

A bit far from town .. currently there is a construction next to the property. The staff is nice and very helpful.

Great hotel but cold shower

Cold shower.

Comfortable bed and nice spa.

Excellent hotel. Very freindly staff.

hairdryers in the bathroom were awful. there is no mirror to style your hair in the bedroom.

The breakfast was ok, but very pricey for what you got.

The room was clean and comfortable.

The room was clean and comfortable. Very nice Spa

The hotel staff were reslly really nice

Sometimes the Wifi connection wasnt so good (2.floor)

The hotel staff were reslly really nice

My experience in general has exceeded my expectations. Perfect !!

Everything was amazing. Would definitely stay here next time!

- Professional and friendly staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- the room showed its age.

- Professional and friendly staff - Good location, you can walk to most places.

Only stayed one night

Friendly Staff

Good hotel, shame about the breakfast
    • Connecting Family Room

Outside bar and expensive drinks. Breakfast very average

Free wifi , valet parking