Reviews of Hôtel Montholon 3 stars

15 rue de Montholon, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#607 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

I love Paris!

A slightly bigger bathroom. The toilet was cramped into a corner.

The location was excellent. Reception staff were very helpful. On the first evening the receptionist found me a good Russian restaurant nearby. The bar 2 doors away was excellent, as was the Italian next door.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

All in all satisfactory.

Our room was quite near the lift and we could hear it going up and down. No fridge. There was no air conditioning, just a small fan in the room and quite high temperatures in Paris. From autumn to spring this should be ok.

The hotel is situated in a nice quarter with a very close guarded parking, the staff was really nice and helpful. WiFi was good, the room a bit worn but clean and fitted our purpose. Just for sleeping there.

General cleanliness
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Location was very convenient to visit the main areas of the city, but it was extremely noisy considering that the hotel faces a high trafficked road.

General cleanliness

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Excellent place to stay for a short break in Paris!

We loved our stay at Hotel Montholon! It was a great hotel for the price we could afford and ideal for a 2 night/3 day break in Paris. It was an easy walk from the Eurostar, convenient for sightseeing, very clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast excellent!

Good

Depending on the room you get, can be on the pricey side. I had booked several rooms with different prices for each person and the staff changed the attributed rooms without notice.

nice and design spacious room, decent breakfast, good location within walking distance from Gare du Nord.

Good location, small room

The pillows were a bit thin and they only had two pillows. The wifi was slow (we were on 5th floor). The shower wasn’t designed properly so water was all over the place after using.

The location is great. It’s close to the metro and we can get to pretty much anywhere within 15-20mins from the station near the hotel. Short walk to Montmartre and Gare du Nord. The staff was very nice and friendly.

Clean, simple, and functional, the Hotel Montholon is as...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Although it came up on Bookings.com as close to the Gare de l’Est, Hotel Montholon was further than we could easily lug our three large suitcases, so we ended up taking a short taxi ride.

Clean, simple, and functional, the Hotel Montholon is as straightforward as the unstained plywood they use for the furniture in the rooms.

Breakfast was always exceptional.

Breakfast was always exceptional. Staff friendly and spoke multiple languages easing our way. Good food surrounding hotel. Parking difficult however as only reliable spaces in underground facility which was 32€ per day.

Quaint and very comfortable! Everything we wanted to explore was in walking distance.

No complaints from this couple.

We had a sixth floor room! Everything was what we would’ve expected for a smaller Hotel. We chose it for that reason, having more of a personal vibe.

Rooms were small but cozy, very updated, and super clean.

Rooms were small but cozy, very updated, and super clean. The decor was also very cute. There's a 24/7 door man which was comforting as a woman travelling abroad and the location is wonderful. The cleanliness and charm of this hotel far exceeded my expectations. Great value and location.

It was fun and interesting
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The rooms were kind of small, though I heard that is the size of the rooms in most 3 Star Hotels in Paris

The staff were really amazing, spoke good English and gave perfect directions to get to every destination I wanted to get to.They were very helpful whenever you needed assistance.

excellent and accommodating

Croissant were truly the best i have tasted in a very long time in French accommodations. i do not enjoy coffee but the wide variation of teas were special!

suspicious of bed bugs

1. suspicious of bed bugs: I got small and red bites in a line in my ankles, strongly suspicious of bed bugs 2. the hotel asked a pre & full payment for the period of stay when I check in. 3. Comprehensively, service is not customer oriented (Reception didn’t issue receipt, English service was not enough, ect)

location was good

Stylish in a great position

The hotel has stylish design, yet they lack of light. The hall is dark, giving you that sensation of loneliness.

The hotel is intimate and nice, I really appreciated the style and coolness overall. Rooms are quite and warm, a perfect place to stay with your partner.

I love the service and the hotel’s location is amazing.

1. The room’s floor is not very clean as I could feel a lot of dirt on the floor when I walked around without shoes. 2. The hotel room is very dark, as compared to most hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. It needs more light.

1. Free breakfast was amazing. 2. Bed is very comfy. 3. Toilet is very spacious, love it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The meats & cheese were often gone when we came for breakfast a half-hour before finish. (Breakfast ends at 10am) Maybe this was our fault for not being early-birds but I do enjoy a lie-in when on vacation.

One particular staff member- a lovely man - heated the water for us late at night, (we were on the very top floor & I think the water may have needed boosting) he opened our bottle of wine & gave us two glasses. He also lent us a boiler incase the water hadn’t heated quickly enough. He ensured that we had the perfect wind-down & was extremely helpful.

Hotel Môntholon is a very nice, small hotel at the heart of...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast was all right, but it could be improved. Other than that, it is hard to point at other things for the price.

Hotel Môntholon is a very nice, small hotel at the heart of Paris center. The service was always hospitable and helpful (and in fluent English). The rooms had a very nice view of the square too.

Breakfast was great, and the decor was really trendy

Bathroom door wouldn’t close properly and would sometimes get stuck, locking one of us in the bathroom. There was no divider between the shower and the rest of the bathroom, so every time we had a shower the whole bathroom would flood

Breakfast was great, and the decor was really trendy

Good place in Paris

The room was so dark.

The room was quite and very clean, the bed was really comfortable. Very close to 2 subway stations and have too much restaurants around.

Great location for sightseeing and a good neighbourhood for tourists.

The hotel was initially a bit tricky to find, the hotel blends in well with its surroundings. We felt the breakfast could be improved with some fresh fruit, such as: apples, bananas or similar.

The hotel is well located and great for sightseeing in Paris with a metro station just a couple of minutes from the front door. To be expected in a major city like Paris, the room size is comfortable but do not expect copious amounts of space. Our room was fine for 2 adults the bathroom was a little tight although the size of the shower was better than I have experienced elsewhere. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

Rooms and beds were OK.

We expected more from the breakfast. Space and tables were too small. Not enough tables so that we were obliged to leave quickly. The choice was limited and it was hard to get coffee. No value for money.

Rooms and beds were OK. Good size of the rooms. Quiet room although the room was on the side of a busy street (this could be because we were on the 5th floor). Staff was OK.

Great place

Fresh fruits at breakfast would be a plus, but this is ALL I can say of "negative" things about the hotel. The rest is well above average for this hotel category

Plywood Paradise in Paris

- No negatives: the Montholon is a great value for the price. The facilities and services available surpass many Paris hotels in the same category.

+ Convenient location: located close to the Gare du Nord and a one-minute walk away from a subway stop. The street is lined with cafés, restaurants and supermarkets. + Efficient interior design: the Montholon designers used plywood to efficiently create seamless storage and functional spaces —from headboards with nightstands to a corner desk and drawers and cupboards. The bathroom also features several ceramic nooks for storage. + Internet: Stable, strong WiFi on a password-protected network + Breakfast room: I was able to enjoy pastries, spreads and freshly squeezed juice in the charming breakfast room —a place so cosy that I mistook it for a café next door upon my arrival. + Quiet: I was given an alley-facing room upon request and, for the first time in ages, I was able to sleep through the night in a hotel. That means the neighbourhood is quiet at night, but also that adequate soundproofing is in place.

Good choice of city viewing and shopping
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

My room faces the street, nice view but at the same time a little noisy in the early morning... The room is not very warm, and the heated towel dryer in the bathroom stopped working in our last night stay.

The location is central, walkable from the Gare du Nord station, 3 mins to the nearest metro station and about 15 mins walk to the Opera and several shopping malls. The staff are nice and friendly, the room's design and decorations fancied me. There are many restaurants and a grocery store (which I really like) near the hotel, so no worry about the food.

Lovely place, absolutely recommend
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Not sure the lift would have been big enough for huge suitcases. We were traveling with hand luggage only so were fine, but if you are staying for long and travel heavy it might be something to have in mind

Spacious room, lovely decoration, nice location, helpful staff

Convenient location and sweet little room overlooking the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Breakfast was very plain and simple, better to visit one of the many boulangeries nearby and indulge there instead- you are in Paris after all!

Convenient location and sweet little room overlooking the park. Heated towel rack was nice and staff friendly.

Best hotel ever. I will go there next time I go to Paris.

The best hotel among all hotels I stayed in Europe. The manager was super nice! The hotel is not big, but the room is big enough and very clean. I went there earlier than 2pm, the manager helped me to store my luggage. He also lend phone chargers to me because I forgot to take the adapter from US to Europe. The breakfast was also very good. The place is also very nice. You can take metro 7 and buses within 5 min walk.

Enjoyable - would recommend

A choice of decaf coffee at breakfast would be nice (coffee provided was very strong) and greater choice of cereals.

Friendly, helpful staff. Very good location for Gare Du Nord, Galleries Lafayette and the Seine

Don't stay here!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

This was supposed to be a superior room. We paid extra. It was pokey. Only one chair was provided for two people. I could hardly walk round the bed. We were told we would have a room with a bath. We didn't. If this was superior, I dread to think how small the ordinary rooms were! There is no lounge to sit in and no room to sit and relax in the room. The first night we were there the central heating did not work and we had to get it mended. We froze. Breakfast, although adequate, was not served - the young man in the corner was more interested in his laptop than his clients and no-one (except the cleaner) smiled or made you feel welcome. My advice - don't ever stay here

Not a lot!

Really cool interiors, comfy beds, great bio cafe downstairs...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

I couldn’t turn off the ventilation fan in the bathroom which was quite noisy in the calm!

Really cool interiors, comfy beds, great bio cafe downstairs - and so easy to just walk off the Eurostar from london, just 10 mins walk.

Although simple, the room and bathroom both nice and...

Breakfast wasn't very exciting or inviting and room quite noisy from the street outside.

Although simple, the room and bathroom both nice and spacious enough.

Perfect hotel from which to explore Paris.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Nothing! Was a really comfortable hotel!

Great friendly staff, assisted us with a late check in. Clean room and bathroom, very comfortable. Perfect location for exploring Paris.

Nice hotel

Nothing to say here.

The room is cosy and clean, the bed quite confortable. The bathroom was big enough. Decent breakfast, very few choices but I loved the bread and jams. Close to a subway.

Clean hotel with a great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast is a buffet from 7 to 10am. Our first morning, we arrived at 9:40am and nothing was left. We saw a group sitting just behind us and a couple right next with croissants and bread. We asked the waiter if it could be possible to have some and his answer was below our expectations. He rudely suggested us to take the leftover on the table behind us because the group was leaving at the same moment. When we made him understand that his solution was not appropriate and stated that everyone come usually at 7:30am. Again, his explanation was not making sense as the breakfast timings are from 7 to 10am and not from 7 to 7:30am. The second morning we didn't even bother to go as we didn't want to wake up super early. At the end the breakfast costs 12euros per person and per day and I do recommend to not take it if you are not able to wake up to attend it between 7 and 7:30am.

The location is top. The hotel is located right between Saint Lazare/Opera , Grands Boulevard and Gare du Nord. The metro is just next to the hotel so super easy to commute by public transportation. The hotel is super clean and the bathroom is just as the pictures: very spacious.

Recommend! :-) Friendly personnel, great location, clean room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Maybe there could be more choice at breakfest.

Lovely place, clean and comfortable bed. The bathroom is wonderful! I would like to have exactly the same in my flat! :-) Nice and friendly personnel. And so romantic view on the street! Don't forget to visit Giovanni's restaurant right in front of the hotel - Italian restaurant with tasty pizza. :-)

Cant conplain for the price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The price of parking around the area is expensive if you talk to the hotel staff they will point you out to a place up the road that will give you discount its €20 for 24 hours just beaware you need to leave your key with them though and they will move it

Perfect, easy location for getting around. Room was clean and tidy with a great view.

Leaving the key behind when leaving the property was a little strange.

Free pastries of an afternoon! Friendly staff and spoke perfect English while teaching us a little French. Easy location from the main International train station.

Good location. Clean room and good value.

The sliding bathroom door was broken and even if working, wasn't ideal.

Lovely staff, very helpful. Breakfast included and adequate. Ten minutes walk from Gare du Nord and walking distance to Montmartre and other attractions.

Don't stay unless you have to!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms ridiculously small for 4 people, even though the advertised as a family room. Pictures made the room look bigger but in fact the room was tiny, no aircon and very noisey.

Friendly staff

Great place, clean, nice staff.

No air co I'm the room on 6th. But was not that hot when I was there.

Great place, clean, nice staff. Good value for money. Don't get scared of the raw wood furniture - it is actually pleasant.

The location was convenient for us as it was close to gare...

The room was not properly cleaned. The small refrigerator in the room was sticky with some sort of liquid and the bathroom smelled of fungus. I could see some mold on bathroom tiles. There was no air conditioning but it was bearable as there was a small fan provided (Fan was not clean though. I could see all the dust on the fan) I wouldn't recommend this place if you are visiting Paris during summer.

The location was convenient for us as it was close to gare du nord which we had to take a train to the airport the next morning. Bed was comfy and the linens were very clean.

Great service and value for money

We have to open the windows at night to let in air and it can get too noisy.

The hotel provides excellent service, responding quickly to pre-arrival enquiries, offering local travel advice on day of arrival and even providing plates and forks for us to eat take home cakes. The room had 3 single beds which makes it more comfortable for trio group to rest well. The location is central along shopping belts. We felt safer in this neighbourhood too.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great hotel in Paris
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Some minor facility issues, which was nothing to me so did not even report it (like toilet door closing a bit difficultly, etc). Overall great value for the money.

Great hotel in great location. Staff super (cant stress enough) friendly. Breakfast was of superior quality, homemade. We were with kids and once we entered staff greeted us with some croissant and nutella (even though it was way past breakfast). Also offered help in planning sightseeing. I thought it could not get better, but it did following days. Location is great and relatively very cheap compared to others.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

It was a lovely fresh room, contemporary design, spacious...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

It was a lovely fresh room, contemporary design, spacious and very well planned to provide everything we needed. Staff were very lovely and helpful. The bed was great and very spacious. Easy access to the sacre Coeur and down into central Paris. We also loved the view across the park square.

Location and experience are 4.5/5
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Street was busy and noisy (but hotel is in central location so we kinda expected that) but no problem and every quiet room if windows are kept closed. One of our phones couldn't connect to wifi

All staff were friendly, knowledgable and willing to answer questions. Room was clean and well kept. Good central location. Included breakfast is also a bonus point.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

A few days in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

there was no air conditioning and the room was hot.

The staff were very friendly and the location was great - a few minutes walk from the Gare du Nord.

Family friendly hotel with a sweetheart lady at the reception

Simply nothing!

Beautiful small hotel with nice view. Very good breakfast including fresh orange juice wich my kids loved it. Amazing lady at the reception. Our trip wouldn't have been as good without her continuous help and care. She came out with great ideas. She is a mom and she cares a lot about the happiness and wellbing of the kids. Thank you for everything! ❤

Everything was perfect!!!

Friendly staff, good location, the room and bed was very comfortable, clean, stylish and good breakfast. They clean our room every day. They prepare special for us the breakfast at 06.00 a.m. in the last day. Very close to Sacré-Cœur -20 min by walk. The metro was near 2 min. Everything was perfect!!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The central heating didn't work; the safe in the room was "pre-locked" and the hotel didn't arrange to open it for the whole duration of the stay.

Location. Some of the staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Everything is okay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

To housekeeper I said "I don't need house keeping today" and I said this 3 times when everytimes she tried to open my door ! I said "it's okay" even one time I said in French !!! It was quite annoying and I felt like she was really wondered about my room ....

Most of reception staffs were nice

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Good location and value for money, although can be improved a bit
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The bath system was not comfortable as the shower included with the bathtub went back into its original place while in use. Room was not ready when we came in, and one of the days the cleaning was delayed and they came while we were staying despite asking to wait (because the cleaner had to leave). No one explained to us how to heat up the room and we had to ask for it, I believe there should be more explanations when entering the room.

Breakfast was nice and we were offered free coffee and tea outside breakfast hours. The room was well equipped and luminous with a good view of the square in front. Staff was friendly and recommended things during our stay. The hotel is at walking distance from Paris Nord, Montmartre, the Opera and most central areas and is also 2 blocks away from the metro.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great hotel with a good location and friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Staff were friend and helpful, breakfast was nice, rooms were clean and the hotel was very close to a train station. The hotel also benefits from having a number of bars, restaurants and shops near by including a small supermarket.

Paris by foot

- Light breakfast.

- Friendly and helpful personnel; - Rooms are cleaned daily; - Great location (5 minute walk to the nearest metro station and 20-30 minutes walk to the Louvre museum);

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Stylish, smallish hotel in an appealing location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Street-facing rooms are loud enough to disrupt sleep, and the hallways on the guest levels are tiny, so you are always aware when others enter/exit their rooms.

Great location, ideal for late arrivals from Gare du Nord, but also within walking distance to most of the Right Bank. The plywood bedroom walls and built-in furniture feels nicely modern, and the bathrooms are an excellent size, with a superior shower.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The check in staff was very attentive and helpful.

Spartan, small, dated room. For one night and alone is OK. The sockets were not European standard and it was very difficult to charge the gadgets. The reception didn't have adapters.

The check in staff was very attentive and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Great location but quite noisy

We were woken early in the morning from the sound of the lift which was located right next to our room and so I'd recommend requesting a room not next to the lift shaft. We were disappointed with the basic breakfast on offer so we ate out.

Great location, a comfy bed, tasteful decor and an excellent shower.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Ten minute walk from Gare du Nord - very convenient for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Ten minute walk from Gare du Nord - very convenient for early morning Eurostar. Beautiful attention to detail with the design features in the rooms. Huge comfy bed. Very clean. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good stay in Paris

It was cold in the room had them turn the heating on for our first night but told not working on second night.... hot water is there it just takes about five mins to get to the top floor.

The bed was great, and location was pretty good only three min walk to metro and felt very safe.... quirky shaped room and pretty much all you need

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

breakfast is okay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

the room was dark.. no enough lamps, narrow. The floor was dirty and we dont get room sandals. The bathroom very small, and no border between the shower and the toilet floor.. so if we have shower, the water will spread everywhere. the reality in not the same as the pic. the staf is helpful but the ability of speak english is not good. Very small elevator and hotel lobby

breakfast is okay. the location is walkable from gare du nord station. but still take 15 minutes by walking.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Simple yet beautiful stay

Nothing really.

It is very unique design hotel located in the centre of Paris which is easy to access the public transport and all the restaurants but not over crowed at night. Cosy and clean with great view, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is simple but nice and included in the cost which I think it is fair amount of charge. Very satisfied with a long weekend getaway in Paris.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The room was clean, the hotel is located in a good area,...

Poor breakfast, there was only one person serving breakfast so you had to wait for everything including bread or milk.

The room was clean, the hotel is located in a good area, close to Lafayette and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Location was great!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Issue with fridge that couldn't be fixed during our stay but we were allowed to leave our cold items in the kitchen fridge.

Location was great! Close to metro poissonnière : short métro to main attractions. 20 Minutes walk to Montmartre. Staff was very friendly. It was in winter so the noise outdoors was not an issue. Great to be allowed to use the tables and cutlery for our dinners 👍

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The room had a different lay-out, very homey.

Lift is small and was not operational for a couple of minutes in the morning. It was cold when we went but the rooms had no airconditioning. this might be a problem during the summer.

The room had a different lay-out, very homey. There is a playground in front. The view is nice. The bathroom is big. Staff is very nice, especially to kids. 15 min walk to Galeries La Fayette. Close to metro stations. 4 stops away by bus to Gare du Nord. Plenty of cafes and good restos nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Highly recommend Hotel Montholon!

The breakfast was lovely and the staff were even lovelier! Injured my ankle and the staff were so kind to give me anything that would help ease the pain. They were all extremely thoughtful and lovely :)

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

the room we stayed was well designed with elegant finishes...

the room we stayed was well designed with elegant finishes and soft bedding. the bathroom is a good size too. we felt immediately at home and were always looking forward to go back to hotel after a long day. the hotel is well located between 2 train stations and surrounded with good bakeries. we would very much like to be back again.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Fabulous Hotel a 10/10

Everything! The staff are fabulous especially Carmen who even before our arrival went out of her way to look up some things particular to our needs and orintvout maps. The rooms are lovely, clean and recently renovated. Everything about this hotel is a 20/10 the location is ideal a short walk to the metro if you want it, but easy to walk to many of the main sites and take in the atmosphere of Paris - we loved it

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The people on staff were always friendly, helpful and...

Having to leave so soon!

The people on staff were always friendly, helpful and willing to take the time to give suggestions of places to go... and how to get there. The young lady in charge of breakfast was very kind... and made perfect omelets every morning! All the attractions we had hoped to see were within fairly easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Lovely stylish hotel, well priced and in a great location.

The room, although comfy and well equipped, had no view.

For us, the location was perfect and not too touristy. There were nice restaurants, cafés and brasseries nearby. You could walk easily to Montmartre, Opéra and Galeries Lafayette and Printemps department stores.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good price, good breakfast and convenient location!

Very bad sound insulation, we listen all the time the lift works and all the action from the other rooms on our floor

Good price, good breakfast and convenient location! Good amenities and nice staff

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Stylish, clean, simple base near Gare du Nord

Bed was a bit hard for me. Room was small though that is usual for Paris. Very little storage space so ok for a couple days but you wouldn't want to have a lot of luggage ...

Friendly staff, good location, nice, clean, stylish and comfortable room and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great staff, great location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Unfortunately on the morning of our departure there was no hot water. This made for a rude awakening. Finally the lift up to our room was tiny, claustrophobic inducting and we could not take up our pram, which was not the end of the world but meant a very loaded trip up carrying the baby.

Lovely staff members who couldn't do enough to help you. The room was small but suitable for our needs, they set up a cot for our baby too which was fantastic. Breakfast was filling with pastries, cereal and baguettes available.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Breakfast included and location

No air conditioner

Breakfast included and location

There was a fan in the room!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

There was a fan in the room!!!

No a/c

No a/c

The hotel was close to my daughter's exam place so very practical.

The viennoiserie were not very fresh The white bread was too industrial, brown or wheat bread would have been appreciated.

Mainly the location