Reviews of Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur 4 stars

10, rue Gager Gabillot, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#1342 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Family Room

Staff was great and very helpful. Great location. Close to 3 metro stations. Not far from main tourist attractions. Room not ready when we check in . Had to wait long. Room smells like cigarette. Air conditioner not working and smells bad We had to open windows.

Honestly not one thing.

There was no air circulation in the room or any where in the hotel. Short if staff in the kitchen area, lot of stuff missing for the breakfast. One person can't do everything. Recommend To get extra staff.

• Superior Room

The building itself is pretty old - renovations should have been done a lot of years ago. The room was the worst we've encountered in 4-star hotels. First of all, it smelled bad. Like dirty/sweat/mold bad. And there it was - mold in the bathroom (see pictures). When you take a shower, some water goes to the floor and stays there. The furniture looks old and the room itself feels very-very old (see pictures). The location is like a 10-minutes walk to the subway (and not always a pleasant walk). Staff was far from friendly (which suits the property just fine).

Nothing was good.

• Family Room

It's a bit hot in our room, the AC is not working well, plus it's noisy so we can't sleep well.

The personnel are nice, hotel is clean and the breakfast buffet offers a lot of choice. The location is near bus stop and metro station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room telephone didn’t work & there was a small leak in the bathroom sink but it was manageable. Fridge could’ve been a bit colder

Bed was comfy, room was nicely set up, good location

• Family Room

Parking rates can be reduced or give a complimentary parking atleast for a day if we stay for more than 1 night

All were really good except the parking fee

• Family Room

A bit of a walk from train station Staff was so rude on check in...one dark lady staff seem terribly unhappy kind of lady and so unhelpful considering we had a flight from Nigeria via Frankfurt to Paris overnight. Hotel couldn't make room available on my family arrival despite prior request for early check in.

Breakfast was o.k.

• Superior Room

Breakfast was a little chaotic saturday and sunday and since we went to eat around 10a.m. the diversity was not as diverse as we would expect

The room was very quiet and comfortable, the staff was extremely kind and helpful, the orange juice was perfect!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room dirty, air con did not work, no shower curtain, dirty floors and walls, VERY outdated room facilities, chipped doors, dirty stained ceiling tiles.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are dated in terms of decoration and bathroom but clean and big

I liked to closeness to the exhibition and the center of Paris. Clean rooms and friendly and helpfull staff....

Nothing to dislike about this hotel

Breakfast was lovely. Wide range of cereal's. Coffee making machine.Fresh fruit and fruit drink's , yogurt's. Fresh bread and croissant's Hot buffet consisted of bacon,sausage, mushroom,scrambled egg,crepe's and pancake's. Room was spacious with clean bedding and towels daily. The only channels in english on the cable TV were bbc1 and bbc2. Location was ok, ten minute taxi from the centre of Paris. 30 minute walk. Plenty of good restaurants near by. Price wise I was happy with

• Family Room

The fact there was NO BATHROOM, and also that you couldn't Lock the toilet or the shower when u have young children is really bad; we felt very uncomfortable when in toilet and bathroom. Also, the breakfast area was tiny and some of the food ran out so quickly.

it was nice and clean; the freezer; and ironing board in bedroom was really nice .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was cold and I couldn't get room up to temperature. I ended up turning the fan off because it was noisy and not heating.

Comfortable beds and luxurious bedding

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old, mainly bathrooms and heating, could have a better standard of quality "Holliday Inn" and value for money. Too much time waiting for the only small elevator available which, as I realized, serves also for the cleaning staff to carry the material between the various floors. I can't comment on catering services because we did not use them.

Helpful and friendly staff. Location is good and easy to arrive to Porte de Versailles, main destiny of our journey. Internet was good.

• Superior Room

very noisy, we couldn't sleep; facilities at the bathroom are very poor quality, the room itself is very small and old, the furniture looks like it was bought in 1980; the shower room is very small; it is very expensive - quality doesn't meet the money we paid; breakfast is very basic; TV was under our head - so it is impossible to watch TV lying on the bed.

the bed itself is comfortable, fast check in, not bad location

• Superior Room

The staff were so friendly & accommodating. Rooms quiet big & well worth value for money. It’s definitely a place we’d book again next time in Paris

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Rooms in a bad shape: old decoration, marks of humidity on the ceiling, deteriorated furnitures, bathrooms in a bad shape - Just 1 elevator for 5 floors - Room service: food arrived 1hour after ordering (announced time = 30min), frozen food charged at the price of fresh food... - I cancelled my stay after 1 day. They officially charged me for 2 more days, but when checking my account they have charged me for the entire initial lenght of stay...

The staff is nice

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is small and with old furniture. The price was too exaggerated considering the hotel commodities. It should be 3 stars.

The hotel is located in a calm area. Good public transports near.

• Family Room

1) Toilet is detached from the bathroom 2) Corridors are narrow 3) Tiny lift 4) Small bar and restaurant

Small but decent spread for breakfast. My recommendation is to buy room including breakfast because you hardly pay anything extra but get a decent variety of food so you dont waste time searching for breakfast places outside. It is a basic room aith basic facilities. Very friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hygiene could be better, bathroom smelled a bit funny. Room was very small (bathroom door could only open half way, since it was blocked by the bed). Hotel is okay if you're staying for a few days, but not 4* in my opinion.

Staff was very polite and helpful

• Superior Room

1. Given a dirty room that hadn’t been cleaned from previous guest . 2. New room heating didn’t work ! Had to wait 2 hours for small heater to be brought to our room ! Paris is freezing in December! 3. Breakfast was hectic not enough staff food kept running out not enough staff to refill drink or food coffee machine was broken !!!!!! 4. Staff was unfriendly cleaners was rude and unhelpful !!!! 5 . Hotel was awful a total waste of 313. Euros fir 2 nights !

Bed was ok ! Breakfast was hectic un organise not enough staff to cope with guest ,

• Family Room

Parking was horrible. Very hard to find somewhere to park to check in. And the parking garage was extremely small. We have a Dodge Journey and was told it would fit. It barely did and was super tight. Left with the front of my bumper scratched and side of my door scratched. Definitely will never park in there again. Also our room was next to a noisy street where we could hear loud drilling in the am. So that was fun.

The room was decent and it was a decent breakfast buffet. If I had to I would stay again but probably would try to stay somewhere else.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No toilet slippers, no hair conditioner or hand lotion. breakfast timings are too early(finishes at 10 am) but the staff is helpful and arranged for us a breakfast afterwards!

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel said no travel cot would fit in the room in advance and we would have to upgrade to a family room which seemed like a way to make more money. I had put on the original booking we would be travelling with twin babies under 1 yr old so was surprised 48 hrs prior to arrival and worried we might not have a cot: but this was incorrect as on arrival there was no issue. Bad service in advance as we clearly had sufficient space for a cot in our room. Also fire evacuation on second night caused by a smoker (not hotels fault and well handled but had to take babies outside at midnight in the cold). Lift was taken out of service on final day before we had checked out with no warning and seemed to be planned maintenance as sign said from 30th Oct until 3rd November - not good as had to carry everything down 2 flights of stairs and if we had known we could have acted earlier.

Good service, friendly reception and housekeeping staff who built the travel cot and got another one when the first one was broken: good ownership. Ability to leave luggage after checking out without any issues was good. Room 250 good size and free water bottles useful.

• Superior Room

Didn't like the sachet coffee in the room!

Very nice bathroom, comfy beds and good tv and coffee facilities. Very clean, cosy and liked the little balcony. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the flaky croisants and panne aux chocolat. The coffee at breakfast was especially nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast adequate, internet slow, shower room had yellow stains on tiles, no movie channels and tv small, noisy street due to bin collection, and expected to have dinner in the restaurant but was closed despite receptionist telling us it's open.

Rooms was spacious, parking was great and secure, friendly staff and cleaned towels next day.

• Family Room

Our room was right next to the service room for housemaids... never saw that in any hotel before. Very noisy in the morning, housemaid staff not friendly, and obviously inefficient since our room was not made the day after our arrival. They claimed a misunderstanding with the card left on the outside door. They don't have a 'please make my room sign'

The Car Park

Decent Hotel for the price we paid. Not much to complain or brag about to be honest One thing to note, if you have a VAN or Large vehicle then do not take it down the car park as it is very tight in there!

• Family Room

Bathroom floor gets flooded everytime we bathed bec. the shower door just covered half the shower area so water dripped to the floor but the floor had no drain.

Friendly staff esp. the lady manager & the guy who helped us print our boarding passes. Good location, too!

• Superior Room

The hotel needs an upgrade as bathroom was very dated and not clean. Beds are very uncomfortable and the sofa bed is just terrible. All theee of us had backache after only one night sleep there. 4star for this hotel is definitely overrating. Definitely not worth the money paid.

Staff were very pleasant to deal with.

• Family Room

The staff was inconsistent, we had a problem with our a/c and heard different stories. The manager was helpful and apologized for the inconvenience. The girl at the breakfast buffet was rude and seemed inconvenienced when you asked for something. Another customer asked for ice and she replied, "Pourquoi?(why)"

The location and the attitude of managers

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location wasn't terribly far but if you are bad with directions you may get turned around a bit

If using the metro it's great. If you are walking be good with directions, street names weren't obviously visible. The staff that checked us in were incredible. Checking in was a tad slow but we were told it's because they extended bookings for people from London who didn't feel safe returning to their country because of the London Bridge attack. I like that the hotel was so accommodating for them, it shows they had a heart. Breakfast was a nice selection.

• Superior Room

When I booked, it said "free cancellation and no pre-payment needed". A day or two later, the Holiday Inn tried debiting my account 5 times. Naturally it was declined as I had not authorised the debit. I now incur those bank charges and bad debt reflection. Upon booking I specifically requested bath tubs in both the rooms. I did not receive any response on this. What I did receive was an email saying that if I didn't update the banking details with another card that could be debited, then I would loose the booking. I felt bullied by this and not wanting to loose the accommodation, I authorised the debit. When we reached the property, we were told that the rooms did not have bath tubs and only had showers and that the rooms with the bath tubs were already allocated. It is false advertising on your booking.com website as the facility specifically showed a shower and a bath tub. I would have cancelled the booking had I known this and believe this was very misleading by the hotel. On a separate note, breakfast was chaos. There was only one poor woman running around and we had to wait for milk, bread, eggs, juices, etc for a while on both days. We don't eat pork and aside from pastries and toast with eggs, there wasn't much for us to eat. There should at least be consideration and have either turkey or chicken sausages without containing pork in them. As for the shower, it had rotted at the bottom and we had to use towels to prevent the water from travelling into the bedroom. I wasn't expecting to be housekeeping during my holiday. There were also lots of ants in the room. It was 33 degrees and the air con didn't work. We were exhausted from the day and didn't bother to call maintenance. Overall we felt like we had been deceived and ripped off. I would really appreciate a response from one of the booking.com consultants.

They made an effort to give us a small view of the Eiffel Tower. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Family Room

Anything positive got overshadowed by the BEDBUGS. Unacceptable that this type of hotel has bedbugs. We have bedbug bites. I had one small bite in my hand, I thought maybe a mosquito or something the second night. When I got home I had a lot more, I didn't know what it was and the doctor confirmed bedbugs, And explained the bites can show a day after or so. My sister and I got it, since we slept on the bed. My other sisters that slept on the sofa didn't get bitten. This is just unacceptable, we tried to reach the hotel and they hang up on us, very unprofessional.

Breakfast was good

• Superior Room

the room temperature.. it was freezing :(

The breakfast was very good and the room was cosy , its located in the middle of a very quaint location and the facilities were just about right for a easter vacation

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Me and my sister stayed at Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur. Unfortunately, the experience was not as nice as planned. On Saturday the 8th of April we noticed, that someone at the hotel used a master key and entered our room and stole 500 Euro and 50 Pounds on Friday night while we were out to the city. We addressed the issue to the front desk as soon as we noticed that a crime was committed, but the rudeness and lack of respect for a customer just shocked us. So incompetent, rude and arrogant staff I have never seen in my life. Instead of trying to help us, girl at front desk was just showing attitude and was not even feeling sorry. She just told us that the hotel is not taking responsibility for things like that. When we asked to call the manager she said it is Saturday and he is not at work, and we should talk to him on Monday, when she knew that our stay is until Sunday. Later she called him, but the response from the manager was the same, with the same rudeness and attitude. A global company as big as the holiday inn can't even offer me money back from my room or a voucher to say sorry. Please don't stay here. They are not safe, not in control and don't care about customer’s feelings or satisfaction. Our room was entered without us knowing that. There is no care for safely, I am just glad that I wasn't in the room by myself, as I dread to think what would have happened. Customer service is below 0, hotel management - below 0. Never again staying at Holiday Inn.

Room was a little old

Walking distance to bus stop and metro, staff was nice and helpful in giving suggestion and details when needed

Need air conditioning

Good breakfast; Friendly staff; good location (about 15-20 usd for Uber to Eiffel Tower); less than 5 minutes to bus stop.

AC was out of order.

Restaurang

• Superior Room

payment through Black Diners Club credit card was not accepted, which is otherwise accepted internationally.

nothing.

• Family Room

Not a proper family room. Broken window.

Broken windows and one bed for 2 children

May be the stuff.

The place smells so bad. The carpet in the room and Hall was so disgusting!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They don’t turn on the air conditioning.

It was closed to the Attractions.

Payment ! I have still unlocked my money!

• Family Room

First room was horrible.but the staff understood our difficulty and changed the room.

• Family Room

no stopper in the bath tub

very good breakfast! friendly staff.

Breakfast had many choices. Location was good and there were many shops surrounding the hotel.

• Family Room

The room was too small for four persons snd the cleaning facilities were poor

The friendly staff snd the location near the metro stations

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room to small for the money

Staff not helping And providing wrong information. Not friendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some items in the room were in disrepair, but not enough to make it terrible

Great location at a very low price

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A plug for use in the bathroom sink.

Comfy pillows

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast! Extra bed big room! Nice restaurant walking distance, nothing to complain.

its a clean place

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not room was not clean enough. A bad smell was coming from the bathroom. Not at all value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room service Food out of specifications only 1 Elevator for all personal & guests LOng distance to metro station

Staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast service not well organized .....lack of staff

It was Clean

• Family Room

Very expensive breakfast and bar prices

Very clean and comfy

• Superior Room

obsolete hotel equipment, modernize and repair the hotel's premises

friendly staff, good breakfast

• Superior Room

Room is very small and corridor is not clean and smiley

Location, breakfast was good, staff was very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are old and smelly carpets dirty Bathrooms are not fully clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room didn’t meet my expectations, I think value for money isn’t good.

The bed was comfortable and the staff were very friendly.

All was very very nice)

All very nice) thanks;)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lights in the toilet are not working. Lift is Super narrow lLocation wise is not convenient at all..staff are not helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Better toileteries. Soap and gel were of poor quality.towels looked a bit old.

Clean rooms.good faciliies

Given a small room 150 initially Room 250 was much better

All the staff at reception very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean, close to the city centre and the friendly staff

Facility as we expect from 4 star hotel

Completely disappointed

• Superior Room

The location. Very far from train station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very basic. Could have used some updating

The staff was very friendly and parking was easy

dinner we waited for 1 hour

breakfast and the staff because we were allowed to leave our luggage

Browse Holiday Inn Paris Montparnasse Pasteur traveller photo gallery