Reviews of My Hotel In France Marais 3 stars

2 Bis Rue Commines, 3rd arr., 75003 Paris, France

#1136 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• My Double or Twin Room

The room wasn’t clean enough, on the side of the bed was something so disgusting that I wasn’t able to fall asleep before cleaning it. Paid 170€ Was very loud to sleep. We left way earlier than a check out. The floor was dirty, we had to wash out feets all the time and they were black. I think that’s it’s far away from being 3 star. The furniture was ok, but coloured old bathtub is not ok. Its not worth the amount of money the hotel is asking for the stay. Seems like hotel doesn’t care- they just want to make money

Fabulous staff in a quiet but pretty central location!
    • My Double or Twin Room

It's only a small point however, there was no bar in the hotel, which we would normally use for a meeting point. However, there was a fantastic little friendly bar across the road. The room was very small and the twin beds were very close together however, once again this isn't really a negative point as it appears the large majority of hotel rooms in Paris struggle size wise.

Fantastic staff who could not be more helpful. All spoke excellent English and couldn't have done more for us in helping us get around Paris i.e. looking up directions, advising Metro stations, landmarks were etc. It is in a good area however, I found it a little quiet and the bars/restaurants seem to all be closed by 12.30/1pm whereas about 1km away the Republic was very much still full of life. This is a nice place to stay if you would like to use it as a quiet base. Plus, once more, I cant stress enough how helpful, friendly/go out of their way to help the staff were.......Bravo!!!!!

Personal was ok, missing more smiles
    • My Double or Twin Room

Internet connection doesn’t work, missing wardrobe, bathroom is too small, needs more light. And for this price it’s not so nice hotel in this area. Lot of sound from street, you can talk with somebody in next room.

Personal was ok, missing more smiles

Literally the smallest hotel room I’ve ever stayed in (and I travel a lot everywhere). It was hard to even move around the room, much less put your suitcase somewhere and get into the bathroom. Value for the money was pretty bad.

Wonderful location- close to the line 8 metro station.
    • My Single Room

Wonderful location- close to the line 8 metro station. Nice staffs. It was great that they provide a free wine &cheese tasting session between 6-8pm everyday. However it was very limited vacancies available. Good experience overall.

Great hotel for a reasonable price! Clean, comfortable and nice with an amazing location!
    • My Double or Twin Room

The only thing that could have made it better would be a mini fridge in the room, for water. Otherwise we loved this hotel and plan on staying again.

The bed was so comfortable! We also loved the location, friendly staff, and the free wine and cheese. It is close to so many cute bakeries and cafes, and right around the corner from the metro!

Old and worned out but nice location
    • My Double or Twin Room

First we got a very small room with a broken window, which we couldn't close during the night. Next day we were moved to another room, which was bigger but could need some renovation. Not worth the price. Location was good.

Nice and helpful staff.

Poor standards for the price paid
    • My Single Room

The lobby and the breakfast room are little, uncomfortable and poorly furnished. The tiny toilet in the lobby - which I asked to use to change clothes at my arrival - cannot contain even a hand luggage. Breakfast under common standard for a three stars-hotel: only white industrial bread (where are the famous French baguettes?), cheese and jam in plastic. The room: keep slim if you wish to stay in this hotel. Between my bad and the wall there was a passage of 30 cm, bathroom needed even more ability for squeezing in. The window of my room did not close properly and the air phone was not working.

Location is the main attraction of this little hotel. Bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Was clean, staff was nice, great location
    • My Double or Twin Room

The pictures on the site are not at all what it looked like. Also, they only supply shampoo/body wash and a terrible hair dryer that took me 1 hr to blow dry my hair. We requested two single beds but the beds were next to each other... so they might as well have called it a queen.

Was clean, staff was nice, great location

The location was good
    • My Double or Twin Room

The walls are very very thin and every noise can be heard. So much so that I got out of bed because I thought somone came into our bedroom at 3 in the morning. The rooms were not cleaned daily, just the bed reset. There was piles of clothes and trash in the hallways.

The location was good

Good location, though small, hot and slightly dilapidated rooms
    • My Double or Twin Room

Room was quite hot - we slept with the window open and it was -2 outside... The rooms are quite small, though big enough for us. The bathroom was in a pretty sorry state - the shower hose was leaking, the door handle almost came off (and didn't lock).

Location is good

It was worth was money but nothing more. I would look elsewhere.
    • My Double or Twin Room

1. The room we stayed in was very stuffy and it made it hard to have a comfortable temperature when we had the shower on in the bathroom. It made it that much more stuffy. 2. The elevator was tiny and barely accommodated 2 people in it at one.

1. The staff was great - they were accommodating and held our luggage due to a late check out time.

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in Paris.
    • My Double or Twin Room

I could not sleep because there was a knocking from the heater. They said they would repair or switch our room. They did neither. One person elevator. Hair dryer broken. Door knob broken in bathroom. Totally overrated. One star maximum.

It was warm

Room was far smaller than expected from online photos and...
    • My Double or Twin Room

Room was far smaller than expected from online photos and hotel more basic than impression online. Staff was very friendly and location good so that brings it up. But expected better rooms.

Staff was brilliant, very helpful indeed.
    • My Single Room

The bathroom was really tiny, with enamel coming off the basin etc..

Staff was brilliant, very helpful indeed. The room was more or less okay, a wee bit small, variance in the elevation, but we expected it to be like this.. The bathrooms were VERY tiny; to get to the shower I had to literally bend and squeeze between the WC & wash basin!

Nice location. Nice staff. Cozy environment.
    • My Double or Twin Room

In terms of cleaning, it could be slightly better. Some dust here and there (but I am picky about that). There was a raisor blade plastic cap in the shower from the previous guest.

All the staff members were very nice and helpful. The breakfast although simple was very tasty. Good price for the location.

• My Double or Twin Room

We booked the hotel for 4 nights but moved out having stayed just one night. The room was tiny, bathroom shabby and far from clean.

The location is excellent.

The beds were quite comfy, the view from the room was...
    • My Double or Twin Room

The beds were quite comfy, the view from the room was beautiful. We were in walking distance to some great restaurants and shops. The front desk were extremely kind and courteous. The lift was a little small but, you can't beat free wine and cheese. Would definitely stay here again.

Good location, cute rooms,
    • My Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit noisy in the morning, I think it was the cleaner who moved the beds around to clean the neighbours room, it felt like it happened in your own room. That was a bit annoying. Also the offer wine and cheese wasn't available anymore but it was still advertised on the homepage to be included for the booking, I also saw the adverting on the wall by the Reception the day we left, but the guy at Reception said they don't offer the comp wine and cheese anymore, there is something else which he couldn't explain however that new offer was only valid from 3.00pm -6.00pm but during that time you would be exploring Paris! That was a bit disappointing, purely because it was still advertised but than not available.

The hotel is in a good location, all sightseeing spots are easy to reach. It's a cute little hotel. There are a few pubs and restaurants around so no need to walk very far for drinks and food after a day of sightseeing.

Superb
    • My Single Room

Slightly bigger bathroom would have been very much better.

Very centrally located in Le Marais. Close to all the hip and chic stores. Very friendly staff at the reception. Thumbs up to My Hotel in France Marais by Happy Culture.

The staff was very friendly.
    • My Double or Twin Room

The room is very small. But this is the case for most hotels in Paris.

The staff was very friendly. The hotel is close to bus station and it's good for a weekend stay. Small but tasty breakfast. In the evening they give a free taste of chesse and wine.

Pretty Darn Good. Value for money!!!
    • My Double or Twin Room

Lift is just enough for one person. But there arent many stairs anyway. So not really bothered by it. Wash basin was also slightly small so u really have to aim when u brush ur teeth or wash ur face

Miss nikki at the reception is the best!!! Even if u go with absolutely no idea of what u r going to do during ur stay.. She will help u plan out itinerary that suits ur needs. And her passion really shows as she will make u fall in love with the place before u even step out of the hotel. Location is good and well worth for the price u pay. Rooms are clean and quite modern n chic.. Bathroom too is quite neat n clean with a bathtub and all. Ask if they r still running the offer for free wine and cheese for 2hrs in the evening. We totally enjoyed our stay

The front staff and cleaning staff are friendly.
    • My Double or Twin Room

No one check if the bathing gel bottle, locked to the wall, was empty and was awkward to find out during one's shower. Would be nice to have central air conditioning.

The front staff and cleaning staff are friendly. Good location, very easy access to central locations and metro.

Extremely small rooms.
    • My Double or Twin Room

The room and bath were both extremely small. The cleaner cleaned my room although I had a do-not-disturb sign on the door ! When entered the room first, found a dirty towel on the bathroom floor!

Reception staff were nice and cooperative.

The beds were wonderfully comfy.
    • My Double or Twin Room

A/C for the unusually high temperatures we had in Paris. But I'm sure that's not normally a problem.

The beds were wonderfully comfy. The rooms were noisy when the windows were open (I actually told that to the management of the hotel too)

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Be Careful in this Hotel
    • My Double or Twin Room

What did you Like? Noting ******************************************************************************************************* What I didn"t you like?????? No air conditioner at 90 degree temperture in Paris. Lift was too small. Room was too small. Telephone call was horrible. I called Alitalia airline of Paris, and I was less than 10 minutes with them, but Hotel gave me for this call 111 minutes call for price of Euro177,60. Be careful about the phone call from this location. Hotel should investigate for this kind of fraud

Will come back again
    • My Double or Twin Room

In our stay there was a problem with the hot water, the crew try to take care of that and did compensate us, but it was really hard to shower with lukewarm water.

The hotel was nice and warm the crew was really helpful and we really like the small complementary dishes and wine at the evening.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Clean comfortable, convenient but not spacious
    • My Single Room

Shower room very small. I am a small person and found it tight so wouldn't advise for average large American!

Location excellent for old Paris, bed comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Cosy stay, excellent situated.
    • My Double or Twin Room

When asking one staffmember about restaurants with music, she wasn´t very helpfull. She just told us "I don´t know" and nothing more. I suppose I am used to that kind of service when staff wants to be helpful and try to find things out (she had a computer) instead of just a plain "no".

A cosy place with small but clean and comfortable rooms. Excellent situated, close to metro and restaurants. Nice staff och customers from all over the world in different ages. Nice staff, breakfast ok. Nice thing with cheese and wine every evening.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very nice and friendly staff.
    • My Single Room

The floor in my room wasn´t really straight :) I was a bit disappointed with the noise from the street (not really a fault of hotel), but also the walls between rooms are really tight...

Very nice and friendly staff. Room was very small, but as usual in Paris.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Staying in the Marais in Paris without breaking the bank.
    • My Single Room

More space between the tables in the breakfast room.

Straight forward and friendly, welcoming nice touches, like the "Happy Time" in the early evenings. For the value for money in this location, it's a cool place to stay.

Perfect for exploring Le Marais
    • My Double or Twin Room

The double room was small but good value for the price and as it was directly towards the road it could get a bit noisy.

The bathroom was very spacious. The cheese and wine tasting every evening was brilliant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location could not be much better - right in the middle of Le Marais...

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

all in all good value
    • My Single Room

the carpet was being stripped from the stairs outside my room which was messy and a bit hazardous getting into and out of my room. The room would have been very small for 2 people

staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was very good value

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

High on fumes
    • My Double or Twin Room

The property was being painted at the time, so the rooms smelled awful, there was no warning, so I got covered in paint when i tried to open the windows to air the place. My colleague had to change rooms 4 times. The rooms on the top level have not got great water pressure, if you like showers request a lower level room. The staff was friendly and accommodating though, this was much appreciated. However to finish it off, the pillows smelled of damp, I definitely did not have a restful night sleep. Its a shame as I have stayed here before and had satisfactory stays. A little compensation would be nice.

The location is brilliant.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Very near to the metro station which is less than 5 mins...
    • My Double or Twin Room

The sliding door in the toilet has problem as it loose and fall down during use. Luckily we managed to fix it.

Very near to the metro station which is less than 5 mins walk and shops are nearby so easy to get foods. Staffs are friendly and we got free cheese and win to taste.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great staff member in particular at the desk, she made the...
    • My Double or Twin Room

The other staff were a bit cold but the one woman made up for all of them

Great staff member in particular at the desk, she made the whole trip much more enjoyable, very nice and happy, cannot remember her name, (Phillipino originally)

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great for location
    • My Double or Twin Room

Very small room but considering the price and the location I cannot really complain. The heater is our room did not work properly but the staff provide us a second electrical heater

Location and staff very gentle

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

NEVER COME BACK AGAIN.

I know that Parisian rooms are small but...my room smell like ashtray the 3 days!!! "Oh yes, they lady who was there used to smoke".....is that a real answer? I opened the window every night because I can not breath well... Breakfast is really poor. I should tell the lady that I don't have any spoon to serve food, while the others guests touch the food with their hands! The place to have breakfast is too small, that if it is full you should stand up every time the other guest needs to serve the food.. The hotel has a lot of things broken..like the stairs I attached...really dangerous! They were supposed to called me a taxi to go to the airport but they called a shuttle..who stopped 2 more times...i had tu run to get my plane. Thanks for that too!!!

The location is really good. Le Marais is a great place to stay

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

It's situated in the best area.
    • My Double or Twin Room

We stayed in a very small room. The bathroom was extremely small. We were two skinny girls and we were wondering how is it possible for bigger people to fit in the shower. Same for the lift.

It's situated in the best area. North Marais next to everything! Cleaniness is A++

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Great location , friendly helpful staff . Comfortable bed, clean room but small room.
    • My Single Room

I know it was a single room but the bathroom was tiny . A large man or lady would have trouble manovering to have a shower . In fairness the bed was comfortable and the room was clean .

Very friendly helpful staff in great location . Comfortable bed .

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Disappointing hotel. Photos deceptive.
    • My Single Room

Room very small. Pillows terrible. Walls paper thin. Street noise. Door to room didn't close properly and not very sound proof. Shower door came off, and mildew stains in shower.i Would not recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• My Double or Twin Room

Receptionist Valere phoned me in my room at 7.30 AM one morning to check if there was anyone in the room. I have insomnia and hadn't been asleep for long when he woke me up unnecessarily. I was so upset and felt this was completely unprofessional. The shower has no door or curtain therefore floods the bathroom. Room small. Hotel small.

The location is excellent. The portable Wi-Fi is brilliant.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Fantastic location, friendly staff
    • My Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was tricky to negotiate due to lack of space but hey, it's Paris - who cares how big the shower is

Great location in the heart of the marais. Friendly, helpful staff who didn't hold my lack of French against me. Big room by Paris standards and opposite a fantastic restaurant/bar. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Hazardous to life and dirty place - stay away from it if you can!

Staff were unable to locate booking with the printed booking confirmation and all details of the booking - took a while to explain them everything. The rooms were with broken handles, broken shelves and one electric plug was missing the cover which is a total danger to safety. The worst experience and it is not worth any money paid for this place! Disaster

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great location - walked everywhere - love le Marais
    • My Double or Twin Room

more/better pillows - bit hard! sockets by beds for phone charging would have been better located.

The lady on reception was so friendly and lovely, welcoming and helpful. Shower great pressure, nice smelling bodywash.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great hotel!!
    • My Double or Twin Room

The room is a bit small but good for two people. No air conditioning.

Amazing location in the most popular and "young" neighborhood. Near two main metro stations, great bars and restaurants. Very recommended, definitely going to book this hotel again. מומלץ מאוד

Location is close to everything

1 elevator that fits 1 person

Location is close to everything

Too hot Too small bathroom

Great location and lovely area

Great location and lovely area

I would come back
    • My Double or Twin Room

The shower space, too small !! Maybe trying another type of expandable shower curtains.

In the best location

Very basic facilities

In the best location

The bathroom was really too small.
    • My Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was really too small. For one person is ok, but for 2 people, it is realy not convenient

Situation parfaite, chambre confortable, mais un peu petite

Situation parfaite, chambre confortable, mais un peu petite

• My Single Room

Good location of the hotel, close to subway station.
    • My Single Room

Typical french breakfast, no warm meals available. Very small bath room.

Good location of the hotel, close to subway station.

Nice stuff, not as good facilities

Rooms too small Walls too thin No space for anything

THE Staff The location

breakfast, staff
    • My Single Room

room very very small, and the bath incredibly small

breakfast, staff

Location perfect, room clean and warm.
    • My Double or Twin Room

Location perfect, room clean and warm.

Lovely little hotel. Room very small but was travelling solo so it was absolutely fine for me!
    • My Single Room

Loved being able to pop down in the morning and get a nice coffee.

Happy time : cheese and wine

Happy time : cheese and wine

Staff was lovely. The rooms are cosy but a little cold. The breakfast is expensive and does not wort

Food

Bed

nice hotel, would stay there again

small pillows and only 1 per person, small tight bedroom

friendly and accomodating staff, comfy bed, nice size bathroom, very cosy elevator for two :D

Small for price
    • My Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small for the price

Great stay!
    • My Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, great location, nice breakfast

• My Double or Twin Room

Paper thin walls, room was tiny, lift was tiny and didn’t work often.

Good place to stay
    • My Double or Twin Room

Damp on the wall in the room

The staff

The Hotel location was great.
    • My Double or Twin Room

Very small room. No fridge. Very small lift.

The Hotel location was great.

Small elevator

Small elevator

Clean, convenient and friendly
    • My Single Room

The hotel is in an excellent location and the staff are incredibly friendly. I have stayed here before and will not hesitate to do so again.

please, add some extra pillows to the bed!
    • My Double or Twin Room

please, add some extra pillows to the bed!!!

Great hotel with clean, small but comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
    • My Double or Twin Room

You get what you pay for at this hotel
    • My Double or Twin Room

Smell of drains in the bathroom

Very helpful staff

Very good breakfast
    • My Single Room

Very small room for one person, a tiny bathroom. There is no air conditioning in the room, only a fan.

Very good breakfast

Good location and friendly staff, but tired room and tiny bathroom
    • My Single Room

The tap in the bathroom dripped, and it was incredibly small.

Rose was really welcoming and friendly throughout our stay!

Great croissant and coffee
    • My Double or Twin Room

No aircon,no washcloths,no bar fridge

Great croissant and coffee