Reviews of Hôtel Napoleon Paris 5 stars

40, avenue de Friedland, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#373 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Had issues for payment.
    • Classic Room

Had issues for payment. They asked me to pay even the credit card details was provided by my company. They asked me to wait which took years. After a long wait, finally, they had found the details..

Not my first and wont be the last.
    • Suite

The room services sometimes just knock and let themselves in which was uncomfortable, we had to keep the don’t disturb sign up all time.

Not my first and wont be the last. Great hospitality, easy check in and marvelous location

There staff were not helpful when I asked for late checkout...

There staff were not helpful when I asked for late checkout then I paid 80 € .As I asked for late checkout first said to me we were expecting a group of people then I knew that it was a lie ،

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I do not know how this hotel was rated as a five star hotel,...
    • Executive Room

I do not know how this hotel was rated as a five star hotel, the service is very weak and has two lifts, one of which does not work for five nights for flimsy reasons.

What’s not to like!
    • Suite

What’s not to like! The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Rooms are lovely and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and courteous. The location next to Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées couldn’t be better for exploring the city.

Great staff and well managed. Clean and a great location! Will definitely return!!
    • Junior Suite Avenue

I was disappointed that our room did not have a view of the Arc, especially since it was our first time in Paris and our first stay at this hotel. But, I understand that not every room can have such a view.

The front desk staff and maids were very friendly and very helpful, especially the Assistant Concierge, Guillaume Bauderlicque. He was wonderful and helped us with many of our needs.It was nice that the drinks that were supplied in our mini bar every night were complimentary and our children loved the cookie/biscuit that was left on our beds every night at turn down. The rooms and bathrooms were well maintained and very clean! The bathrooms were well appointed with shampoo, shower gel and body lotion. If you need hair conditioner request it and they will provide it. This is a lovely hotel! Much better than an average hotel, but not as stuffy as some luxorious hotels and perfect for small families.

Excellent hotel.
    • Classic Room

Room had a slightly musty scent to it.

Travelled from Australia. brilliant location. close to train stations, champs elysee, arc de triomphe. Friendly staff. Very helpful and happy to assist on any request. Would definitely stay there again, and recommend to others.

My partner and I had an amazing stay. Thank you!
    • Junior Suite Avenue

A wonderful, small hotel in the best part of Paris. Staff are amazing, food and service is of the highest quality, and a great bar. Would recommend it to anyone and feel that their response would be similar to mine. First rate!!!!

Overall good, but price should include a proper roomservice.
    • Superior Room

There was no roomservice at night, only a tiny selection on the menu. This isn’t normal for a 5 star hotel. If you ask them to cook something extra they usually do it for a high price but here there wasn’t the option to arrange anything more than their small selection.

The location and the food were very good

prime location spacy suite clean beds
    • Suite

i have informed the reception before arrival that we are homeymooners and the answer i received was an offer to pay extra amount of money to receive extra care which was shocking for us we were at different other hotels between paris and cannes and we were welcomed in much better way despite of me paying for a suite to stay in the hotel

prime location spacy suite clean beds

Overall a decent stay.

Property looked a bit old. Location and staff was great and excellent. But not enough to classify this property as 5-star. It was overpriced.

Though it was mentioned as a 5 star property, but it was not so. The staff was exceedingly co-operative, friendly and mannered and helpful. But property didn't have the amenities of a 5-star.

Unwelcome
    • Junior Suite Avenue

I was called multiple times to stay in another hotel due to a problem with one of the suites. Normally I wouldn’t mind, but I specifically chose this hotel because I wanted to see the fireworks from my room (it was new years). After the first call I said that I wanted to stay because I booked the room months before for the sole purpose of watching the fireworks. I was called again with another offer... this made me feel very uncomfortable and not welcome. It also gave me the feeling that prior to checking in that there was something wrong with the hotel. Upon arrival everything looked good, and the staff was nice. However when I arrived in the room, it was not like was shown in the pictures (I had the Junior Suite Avenue) this was a bit disappointing. Luckily I had some view of the Arc de Triomph but not what I saw in the pictures which was somewhat disappointing. Furthermore, the shower had some issues, since the water was going underneath the floor, which made the floor very wet if I hadn’t put a towel too block the water.

The hotel was situated in a great place, right next to the Champs-Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe

It was ok. I will look for another property if I visit Paris again.
    • Two Interconnecting Rooms

Rooms were way too hot (Winter). Showers leaked and didnt flow well, hard to operate. Doesnt look anything like the pictures. Lounge was old and stained and couldnt sit on it without sliding off. The room opposite us had a dog that barked all night.

The location is great.

i liked the balcony and i found everything that i need in...
    • Junior Suite Avenue

based on others reviews they have friendly staff. however in my case, i was handled by unfriendly staff (i don't think he is suitable for 4-5 stars hotel crew). we were staying there for engagement photo shoot requested arc thriomph view from our balcony.i've told them before we're coming. i saw the room based on the photo that they put on online. didn't get any confirmation abt what i requested and came with dissapointment because the view was eiffel tower only. that's pretty tho, however we're looking for arc thriomph view as our background. unfortunately i was handled by the unfriendly staff (a bit rude). if only he handled us nicely telling that the room was fully booked or any other reason politely, we will understand abt the situation. i think he didn't know about how to handle client, tourist politely. will i recommend to my friends and family? i don't think so. good hotel, startegic place, some staff handle us nicely. but bcs of the bad experience that i got with this one staff i didn't enjoy the stay.

i liked the balcony and i found everything that i need in the room

Great - enjoyed it!
    • Classic Room

The internet connection - it does need improvement for this standard of establishment. I had to use my iphone hotspot, which ate up the daily data available for google maps etc. Or pay 14 Euros per day if I recall correctly, and this is about $21 AUD or $16+ US per day. This might be OK for the business (someone else pays) traveller. Good, free or relatively inexpensive internet is important for me, a pleasure traveller who wants to keep in touch with family.

The location near the Metro and so close to the Champs Elysee and Arche de Triomphe was excellent, the staff and general facilities well-kept and very good. The room was compact - as are all hotel rooms in Paris, and yet it made excellent use of facilities, eg., full length mirror on the back of a door. The internet was not free in one's room, and I found it even a little slow in the common area. The staff here were exemplary! I would stay again if the places I need to attend are again near. This was a really delightful stay!

Super hotel, great stay
    • Classic Room

Nothing to dislike about the Napoleon.

The hotel is amazing, the staff super helpful and accommodating, the rooms are luxurious, well thought out and comfortable. The food is fantastic. The location is excellent, very easy to get around Paris from, especially to walk.

The location is great.
    • Classic Room

The location is great. The hotel is very clean, the personal is amiable, friendly and very helpful. We had welcome champagne and fruits in our room when we checked in, which was very kind. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

GREAT location & GORGEOUS room!!
    • Junior Suite Avenue

We're coming from SE Asia, having a spray bidet in the toilet room inside the bathroom is a major plus++ lol :-). Love our suite room, our room was upgraded to a bigger one w/o having to ask; and the room is so pretty. Location was awesome, only 3 minutes walking distance from Arc De Triomphe & probably around 10minutes walking to Champs Elyssee. Oh and the guy from the lobby who helped us w/ luggage and attended us was very helpful & friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Old fashion 5 stars
    • Suite Avenue

Aged, the decor is old fashion, room is not bright enough

Have nth to say about the location, so perfect! Staff of the restaurant are really nice to us!!!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Save ur selfs the trouble And find another hotel
    • Executive Room

First of all the entire floor i was in smelled like weed the entire time of the stay i dont know if someone was smoking and if that is an ok thing there. Sencond they supposedly are a pet friendly hotel and i took my dog with me there he usually does his business outside but unfortunately during our stay he wasnt feeling well and the first day he peed in the bathrom which i cleaned and also called a cleaning lady to disinfect the small are in the bathroom floor and tiped her 10 €. Two days later i drank an orange juice from their minibar and i started to get nausea and chills so i went to the hispital for 2 hours therefore i couldn't take the dog with me so i left him in the room with toys and food and water. The dog had pooped in the bathroom on a towel for which they did not only charged me 150 euros but also took the liberty to take photos of the room which is a tootal violation of privacy not only the room but also the dog and my things. Needles to mention they are theifs and dont give change back they value the city tax as they please not as the law has it. Basically avoid going there becouse they will for sure find smth to take the warranty money away from you and also dont go if you do not want to be overcharged for weed smelling small cubicles. And according to the cleaning staff they change the sheets every 2 days which is really unprofessional. They still owe me the change from the first payment of the hotel which the recepsion lady refused to give.

The only thing worth was the location

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Beautiful Eiffel tower view from balcony and short walk to Champs
    • Junior Suite Avenue

Only issue was room was too warm, hard to control temperature.

For Paris, junior suite was good size. Beautiful view from balcony, comfortable bed and sofa bed. Bathroom with tub and separate rain shower. Lovely hotel. Staff very helpful. Will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Location is excellent.

Came to check our minibar at 0930 on a Sunday morning when check out wasn't until 12pm. An interruption during a rare leisurely morning wasn't appreciated.

Location is excellent. Value for money was good.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Excellent location.
    • Classic Room

Some staff a bit arrogant or less helpful as expected. Low choice for breakfast as for €30 price.

Excellent location. Big and comfortable room as for Paris hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Suite

Service is ok can improve I have to ask for new glass of tea coffe they didn't change everyday. No new cleaned glass of water as well . They didn't change

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Classic Room

The personal touch is missing here. Two week before our stay I called to the reception desk to ask if they offer some kind of surprise for birthday celebration, cause that was our main reason for staying in Paris. The receptionist said they will bring us a bottle of champagne and sweets as a compliment and as a surprise for the birthday. I asked if it's necessary to remind when we check in( cause it was meant to be a surprise for the other person) and they said that it was already noted. Guess what? Nothing of this had happened... which for our stay was disappointing.

Location. Clean room. Cody beds and pillows.Nice fragrances

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Wonderful Hotel... We didn't want to leave!
    • Classic Room

The staff members were very helpful and accommodating to all of our requests. The location was perfect and the rooms were comfortable and clean. We loved our terrace!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfect location!
    • Suite

WiFi service was disappointing. Finally had to pay to get any service. We had booked a triple yet only had 2 towels so had to call for another set.

Nice to have coffee available in the room as well as a nice breakfast available downstairs.

Incredible hotel and amazing location

Being picky I felt that the bathroom lacked tooth brush and tooth paste (because I forgot my own).It also lacked hair hair conditioner. I'd also like more selection of teas in the room.

Very helpful staff - they've been very accommodating and understanding. Really polite and friendly. Hotel room was spotless and incredibly comfortable. The view of the Arc de Triumph from the room 501 was just incredible! The location couldn't have been better. We were able to walk to the Eiffel Tower and obviously Arc de Triumph and Champs Elysee were at your door step. Metro just at the corner!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Classic Room

Nothing to complain about, it was a fantastic experience

The location was next to the Arc de Triomphe in the centre of Paris. The staff at this hotel were excellent. The room was stylish and spotlessly clean. A wonderful place to stay

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The stay was lovely .
    • Suite

only thing was that after discussing and agrreeing with the reception to leave the room by 1.30 on the day they called and said must vacate the room by 1which meant we had to come running and pack up sooner than expected

The stay was lovely ..nothing to complain they upgraded us to an amazing room on the first leg of our stay

The room was not clean

It’s very good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Exclusive excellent Hotel
    • Classic Room

Friendly staff They upgraded me to exucative room ,as they made me wait for 20mins for my check in Did not mind wait at all !

The hotel Location

Hotel is a bit old

The hotel Location

The view and the hotel kept our bags for two days

The view and the hotel kept our bags for two days

Our home in Paris!
    • Suite Avenue

Wonderful location, size of the rooms and service. We love this hotel!

Location, WiFi, staff

Location, WiFi, staff

The location is excellent.

Room size very small

The location is excellent.

Amazing hotel.
    • Superior Room

Amazing hotel. Rooms so beautiful. Staff friendly and efficient. Everything was perfect.

NO HAIR CONDITIONER, porte-serviette abîmé , LONG CHECK-OUT

NO HAIR CONDITIONER, porte-serviette abîmé , LONG CHECK-OUT

The attitude of the staffs are sooo nice!
    • Classic Room

The attitude of the staffs are sooo nice!!

Very pleasant
    • Classic Room

The draught in the lounge

Everything excellent

Wonderful

Everything was superb ! Food, Staff, Service, Location, comfort. All faultless

Excellent staff, great location

Excellent staff, great location

great apart from the clogged up shower.
    • Classic Room

The shower clogged, we could not use it but only realised when we got back late at night therefore did not report it.

Perfect experience
    • Junior Suite Avenue

Location, staff friendliness and accomodating

Stunning

Could not complain about anything

The junior suite was Devine. Bath and separate shower and 5 star customer service

Magnifique position

Magnifique position

A beautiful hotel, well located with excellent servuce

Small bathroom

Location and service

Hotel great, paris mood was rainy and people scary of moslims attack
    • Suite

So much traffic through the way to the airport, we couldn’t catch the flight almost... it was just in a sec.

The staff was excellent. They made you feel so welcome at this wonderful hotel.
    • Junior Suite Avenue

The location and the Arc de Triomphe-view from the balcony.

Ghadhouri

Small rooms

Croissants were delicious and the staff was outstanding.
    • Superior Room

Croissants were delicious and the staff was outstanding.

Tanja is a very special lady and makes us feel welcome always
    • Executive Room

No desert in the evening available

Tanja is a very special lady and makes us feel welcome always

Perfect location.

Perfect location.

great location, poor rooms
    • Classic Room

cold and very small room

bed ws comfy

We got upgraded and even with an upgrade the room is tiny and the furniture is ugly

The room !

The rooms are too small! The hallway is too narrow! And the hotel feels funny! The staff is the only great thing about our stay

Good hotel.
    • Classic Room

Problem with Television. Mans Channels dont Work. Hund all tie time. Need urgent Upgrade.

Hotel is nice.

• Classic Room

Great location. Clean room with very high standards. Very friendly and helpful staff.

A wonderful hotel and staff
    • Classic Room

Everything a perfect trip and hotel

Great reception and lobby, nice staff, delicious food in...

Old-fashion design, worn-out furniture

Great reception and lobby, nice staff, delicious food in restaurant

Never ever come back to it again

Awesome
    • Two Interconnecting Rooms

The gym is very small and laundry service taking too long for delivery.

Location, accessibility, close to metro station, freindly staff and more.

Nice hotel with friendly staff and great location
    • Executive Room

Everything was very nice and the staff was very helpful. Great location as well.

Nice very french hotel with charm
    • Classic Room

Rooms are a bit small and dated, but otherwise good stay

Nice very french hotel with charm

Enjoyable stay
    • Superior Room

Location, cleanliness and comfortable.

Definitely my type of hotels
    • Classic Room

Bath house or pedeh for cleaning

Very warm feeling like home

Nice hotel with good location