Reviews of Hotel 64 Nice 4 stars

64 avenue Jean Médecin, 06000 Nice, France

#8 of 169 hotels in Nice

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Nice little hotel with reasonable price

The hotel surrounding area is a bit scatchy but not really surprising as it is next to the train station.

Nice little hotel. Close to the train station. Very nice and clean room. Comfortable bed. Friendly and attentive staff. Reasonable priced breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Iit was a wanderer trip to me, a pleasant experience in this...
    • Classic Double Room

The room is small and there is no mini bar or a hot drinks machine in the room

Iit was a wanderer trip to me, a pleasant experience in this hotel, a wonderful staff and always smiling at the faces. Buffet hot & could drinks are available all the time for free ,, the restaurant staff is very nice, the location of the hotel is amazing, the value paid for the accommodation is excellent

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Very good

Had to wait twice for housecleaning to finish cleaning the room after 3pm when we had vacated it at 9:00. No good when you are hot and tired. Asked front desk to speak to housecleaning and was ok last 2 days.

A/c worked great

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

4.5
    Its not as good as rated on booking.
    • Classic Double Room

The restaurant and the elevator, no tea or coffee in the room, no iron or fridge in the room

Its not as good as rated on booking.com Its not a 4 star hotel, maybe 3,

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Room size

Remarkable location (if you are taking train), very friendly staff, but the room is way way way basic and for the money I paid, I think the room is below par. I would recommend given it's Nice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

the hotel is excellent for a short stay, we used it because...
    • Classic Double Room

the room was a little small for us, but very comfortable beds and a good bathroom, perfect for a short stay.

the hotel is excellent for a short stay, we used it because it was near the station and wanted to catch the airport bus the next morning. So for travelling by train and bus it is excellent. If staying longer we prefer to be nearer the promenade.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

A GREAT PLACE TO REST AND A FINE BASE LOCATION FOR VISITING NICE.

NO COMPLAINTS HERE.

THE BED WAS AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE. THE ROOM SUPER QUIET. THE BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL WAS 5 STAR WITH EVERYTHING AN AMERICAN MIGHT YEARN FOR IN THE MORNING 24 HOUR CAFE SERVICE IS A IG TREAT!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Spacious comfortable room, good location close to the tram...

Neighbourhood could be a bit ‘lively’ at times.

Spacious comfortable room, good location close to the tram and train station, shops etc. Staff very helpful and breakfast chef keen to cook for us.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The location was handy to hop on hop off tram system,Very...
    • Classic Double Room

There are things but for the price and being nice this was more than expected. For instance the lift is small but 2 people fit with luggage. If you had a lot you would have to do 2 trips. But this is not an issue as it is a narrow tall hotel.

The location was handy to hop on hop off tram system,Very easy access. Were able to store our bags for several hours as we arrived early. Help youself to all the cold water other drinks, coffie tea 24hours a day. The rooms were comfortable,clean and serviced . Comfortable what they call large double( almost what we call Quee),.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Superior accommodation in Nice

It was perfect

Exceptional reception and housecleaning staff !! Great morale , guest consideration and sense of civility not to mention pride in the property and the gorgeous city of Nice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Good central hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Walk to the old town bit further than expected but that’s something we could have known. Relatively expensive like everything in Nice

Clean, comfy bed, good AC, friendly staff, free soft drinks

Great hotel
    • Club Single Room

I found 2 hairs in the bathroom when I first arrived. Somebody at the reception kept me waiting for a long time when my safe in the room didn't work, even though I told him I was in a hurry. The shower didn't have a door, meaning the bathroom was filled with water.

The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. Mihaela at the reception and Liliana the chef for breakfast were lovely. They both made my trip better, always had a smile on their faces. The location is very good if you want to go to other towns via train. The train station is literally 3 minutes by walking.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great value and very comfortable. Excellent service.
    • Club Single Room

The service was outstanding from check in to the hello every time I came in to the property. The room was very clean and had everything I needed. The hotel is close to the train station but a ways from the waterfront but there is a trolly you can take for €1.50 that makes the location work out fine. The hotel is a great value.

Very high value for money in NIce
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom was ugly but clean The views are not the best breakfast can be expensive for what they offer

One of the most comfy beds I've ever slept on!! Also the location is outstanding and high value for money! Very nice staff, they have a free drinks corner.

Hotel 64 Nice
    • Classic Double Room

From arrival to departure the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They could not do enough for us. They were very professional and offered fantastic advise on how to get around. Highly recommend this hotel.

Very pleased to have visited Nice. Hotel itself is very nice and staff were great.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel is situated above a KFC and the doorway is between the KFC and a bar. Although the hotel is situated in a great location (main road of Nice) it is right up the very end by the railway station. so quite a walk from the seafront.

All staff were very helpful with their knowledge of the city and local transport. There were free soft drinks and tea/coffee 24/7 available for guests. Room cosy but supplied with all things required.

Hotel 64, Nice

Lack of storage/closet stay. We stayed for 5 nights and lived out of our suitcases! This hotel is for shorter term stays of up to three nights.

Friendly & helpful staff

Nice Hotel 64.

Met all expectations.

The breakfast was outstanding and the breakfast staff continuously checked on quality and quantity of the venue and the satisfaction of the clients.

Perfect hotel for quick trips to Nice
    • Classic Double Room

No mini-bar to keep drinks cold but unlimited free cold/ hot drinks available on the ground floor atelier. ;)

Location is awesome! 1 min from the train station and literally on tip of the main shopping street. Everything else is walking distance. Clean/ simple no-frills hotel perfect for a sightseeing trip.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Birthday visit to Nice
    • Classic Double Room

Towels had stains on them on one occasion. When entering the room and bathroom, there was a dangerous step which I kept tripping over.

Balcony with amazing views. Staff were amazing, friend and very helpful. Free drinks throughout stay.

Super clean, centrally located with very friendly professional staff
    • Club Single Room

Great location, very modern and clean with exceptional staff. A special mention must go to Giuseppe who was amazing! The airline lost my baggage and he was constantly calling them for me to chase them up, always friendly with everyone even to one of the rudest people I have ever seen at check out!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Clean, New, Close to Train Station (Hotel 66)

The neighborhood is not the best, but it is accross the street from the trainstation and easy to walk to the nicer area of town. You dont stay here for the location (unless for train). But it was exactly what we needed for the one night.

Very simple, clean hotel. If you need somewhere close to the train station that is new, with clean and no frills accommodations—this is it. We ended up having to stay at Hotel 64’s other hotel down the street “Hotel 66.” We had a Junior Suite and it was very spacious and exactly what we needed for one night.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Central location, great breakfast, comfortable rooms
    • Club Single Room

I already knew the hotel. I stayed there in December 2017. The hotel is close to the main railway station and also to the Provence railway station and I planed journeys to some villages in Provance. The hotel offers very good breakfast for Eur 15 which is a very good price considering a quality of the breakfast. You can have tee, coffee and soft drinks free of charge.

Excellent. I would definitely return and would definitely recommend the hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

Can’t think of anything really though the lift was very small and a bit claustrophobic.

The staff were all lovely and very friendly. Sorry I can’t remember the name of the man who checked me in but Nicolas who was there the next day on reception was very helpful and professional as was the man the first day. Ben in the dining room did an amazing job setting up and running the dining room on his own. I don’t know how he does it! Everything was beautifully displayed for breakfast and the choice was outstanding and everything was of a high quality. The scrambled eggs were delicious (I’m very fussy when it comes to scrambled eggs!), excellent choice of coffee, meats, salmon, cheese, croissants, bread and pastries as well as cereals. So much choice. Also bottles of water and soft drinks. Everywhere was spotless. The room was very comfortable and clean and had everything I needed including bathrobe, slippers and toiletries. The bathroom was smallish but perfectly adequate and the shower was good. The location was excellent as the hotel is very close to the main railway station and also the stop for the airport bus. Trams run along the street outside so it’s easy to get around. I walked to the old town and down to the Promenade des Anglais. I was able to leave my suitcase in reception the next day and was informed that I could get coffee etc at any time.

The location is quite convenient if you want to travel from...
    • Classic Double Room

The bed was uncomfortable, there was a strange smell in the room. The carpet in the room and all the hotel could be changed.

The location is quite convenient if you want to travel from the train station. The staff was helpful.

Loved our stay in Nice at Hotel 64
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing everything was great. When I return I may use Nice as a starting off place so would ask if they have a larger room but the one we had was comfortable and spotless.

Our bed was really comfortable and the staff was great held our luggage for us so we could run out and tour the beautiful city of Nice. They helped with dining selections but unfortunately we tried to go to dinner too late at night and a lot of our selections were closed. No worries found a lovely little place had the best clams over linguine. Soo many clams it was outrageous. Were always there to help us with directions to things we wanted to see. Great location tram right outside the door.. They provide you fre of charge sodas and water bottles which in the middle of summer was greatly appreciated by us. Would definitely stay there again. Thanks for taking care of us. Carol & Mike Zigarelli from New Jersey in the United States.

Nice choice near the train station
    • Club Single Room

A small fridge and a kettle for coffee - tea , would make the difference

Great hotel with a central location. Single room was small but came with a balcony as an extra bonus

A solid base from which to explore Nice
    • Club Single Room

A small room, but for a single traveller it was totally fine. Well designed, comfortable bed, good air con.

Convenient location to main shopping street, and an easy walk to the old town and beaches.

Fantastic staff clean but not 4 stars in my personal opinion
    • Classic Double Room

Room was a lot smaller than pictures A longer walk than expected to beach etc Check In wasn’t very personal

Staff were excellent Free Water and Soft drinks Hotel was extremely clean AC was fantastic

We like the welcome guest at the hotel with glass of wine...
    • Classic Double Room

We like the welcome guest at the hotel with glass of wine and cold water , Reception workers was very helpfull and friendly and owner i guess she is amazing women and elegant women , very gentle and full of hospitality , for every question we got fast answer, very close to seaside , train station just 5min walk . All transportation are just near by the hotel , room was clean always , comforte bed. We enjoy staying there :)

Nice hotel but don’t rely on reception staff

Reception staff answered my calls to say our flight was delayed and we would be late. When we arrived, our room had been canceled as a no show and there were no notes on our account. When we checked out, we were no longer in the system.

Beautiful room, nicely appointed.

Margot, Edinburgh
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was in a great location, easy walking distance to the promenade Anglais and the beach and close to the railway station. The room was good with lovely bathroom and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Terrific location and staff but a few hiccups
    • Classic Double Room

The only problem that we had was that there were small bugs in our first room. I don't know what kind they were, but we had to change rooms and the only other room available was a bedroom and there was two of us, so it was rather cramped.

I really liked this place, it was in a great location and the staff was friendly. The free beverages and coffee were helpful and we were right across from the Nice'Ville train station.

Good hotel
    • Club Single Room

There s was a building construction near hotel , Despite of hotel description as " acustic doors and windows protection " , i could hear everything during the night.

I liked staff so friend and nice behaviour

Great location for the train station, shops and restaurants.
    • Classic Double Room

Great location for the train station, shops and restaurants. The room was small but very clean with a nice shower/bathroom. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

So glad I found this hotel and would love to come back!
    • Club Single Room

Nothing it was all great and the staff were all super helpful.

I booked hotel 64 at very short notice due to a flight cancellation and was greeted warmly. Check in was great and the person that checked me in was really friendly and explained the hotel facilities to me and how everything worked. The location of this place is fantastic and offers exceptional value for money. They even let me store my case while I went out exploring and also use the lounge with free soft drinks while I waited for my taxi the next evening! Super!

It offers free water and soft drinks which is good.
    • Classic Double Room

Location is good but too noisy at night due to the tram and people at the area.

It offers free water and soft drinks which is good. Room is a bit small but very clean and comfortable.

Great little apartment in a fantastic location with a short walk to everything in Nice.

The ceiling upstairs was quite low - may be a struggle for those over 6ft

Absolute perfect location with great tram and train links a short walk from the apartment. The apartment was very clean and perfect for a long weekend break. The old town, beach and shopping is literally on your door step with dozens of restaurants to choose from.

Next to train station, friendly and has anything you need.
    • Club Single Room

Nothing. For the price I paid, this was an amazing stay!

This hotel was close to the train station, less than 5 minutes walk. I had a nice little balcony for myself :) The lady at reception gave me an awesome recommendation for dinner, and made me feel very welcome.

Highly recommended!!
    • Classic Double Room

Location, brilliant. Old town only 10 mins walk. Train on doorstep. Lots of places to eat, shop on doorstep and staff very helpful and friendly. Will return to this hotel. Highly recommended.

Central location with close access to the tram to get to the...
    • Club Single Room

Central location with close access to the tram to get to the promenade and old Nice ...trains station 5mins walk with trains to near by towns on the coast. Also air conditioing and breakfast.

Only one night but would definitely stay there again
    • Classic Double Room

My favorite thing about the Hotel 64 is that it was only a 2 1/2 block trip from the TGV station. We did not arrive in Nice until 8:40 pm. We had been awake at that time for about 36 hours. It was an easy walk from the station. The staff were very friendly and thankfully spoke enough English that we communicated very well. They also directed us to a little family owned Bistro right next door with fabulous Paninis. We bought sandwiches and took them to our room and ate on a little balcony overlooking the street. Our room was very small but it was clean, air conditioned and the bed was comfortable. The hotel provided shampoo and amenities, towels and washcloths. We had a very roomy shower and plenty of hot water. There is an elevator for easy transport of luggage. The breakfast was about 12 euros and was a full breakfast. The coffee and food was awesome and the chef even came out and visited with us offering suggestions for places to visit in and around Nice The hotel was also less than a block from the tram system and bus stops.

I came to race Ironman Nice and i got some confusing...
    • Club Single Room

I came to race Ironman Nice and i got some confusing messages as about breakfirst at 4:00 before race. Finally nothing was organised. that's ok but wrong expectations should not be made. Furthermore I had to change 3 times the room as I checked in. Not needed. Room ended up being really small but overall great design, good location and friendly staff.

Highly recommended. Will return to stay at hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

I would have liked a refrigerator in the room.

Great location. Close to main train station and airport shuttle. Clean and comfortable room. Complimentary mineral water, tea and coffee. Staff friendly and most helpful.

Had a very nice stay at the hotel
    • Club Single Room

I asked one of the afternoon staff if she knew anything about train schedules to italy and then she promised she would call me after she searched on the internet. I waited but did not got the call, i searched on the internet afterwards and luckily found train schedules that day.

The staff were very helpful specially those in the morning shift, i remember my first breakfast at the hotel i was the only one downstairs and i was asked if i needed help with anything. I don't remember the name of the guy but he made sure i had everything i needed for breakfast and breakfast was really good, not a lot to choose from but everything was really delicious. I had a small terrasse in my room which i didn't expect to have. My room was clean and comfortable and the location of the hotel was spot on. It is located in the heart of the city. Just a few steps to the restaurants, shopping centers and a 5 min walk to the bus/train station (nice ville). Very convenient. I would definitely stay in this hotel if i come back next time.

Small central hotel ten minute walk to old town on the main shopping street.
    • Classic Double Room

Twin bedded room on fifth floor back of building very quiet. Comfy beds good shower need to provide conditioner! Good location for main station and streetcar outside side. Staff lovely.

The Best Hotel

Nothing bad at all

Everything was amazing, this hotel is in a level of 5 stars they are really great, very recommended for staying at. I’m saying that after comparing this hotel to 2 hotels that we couldn’t continue our stay at , both were so bad and should be as 3 stars not 4.

Location is excellent, room is clean and the bed is quite...
    • Club Single Room

The rooms are very small, to the point of being cramped. The soundproofing is excellent - but the street outside is so noisy that I still needed earplugs to sleep.

Location is excellent, room is clean and the bed is quite comfortable.

The location is wonderful, the service is great, the team is...
    • Classic Double Room

The location is wonderful, the service is great, the team is very friendly. rooms are so nice, ask for the one with balcony. will definitely recommend it to anyone going there!

Very well located
    • Classic Double Room

We had a very tiny room for the first 3 days of our 6 night stay, we had to ask to be moved when the lock on our door was broken. Our 2nd room was a little better. The bathrooms have everything you need but so small. Our linen had not been changed for 3 days, but it didn’t matter then because we had a new room. There is no tea/coffee facilities in the room but you can use the breakfast room downstairs which has hot and cold drinks available 24 hrs. We were able to ask for an ice bucket for our wine, but is was a slight inconvenience not having a fridge in the room

Very well located

Generally, a great hotel. Would stay again!

It would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities/electric kettle in room (however, I really appreciated having free beverages throughout the day. Great!). A wardrobe/closet would have been a bonus.

Staff were great: Ben, Cherifa and Romane. Beds were extra comfortable. Excellent location: train station, tram and bus transportation within easy reach to other locations - sightseeing/meeting new people.

Very welcoming staff.
    • Club Single Room

No lobby reception hall...club single rooms have tight bathrooms thats all

Very welcoming staff...good breakfast...complimentary water and champagne in the lobby..thx

Excellent Staff extremly good in all aspects Room comfortable and location excellent
    • Classic Double Room

Where the drinks were coffee etc. there would have been best serviced as large sofa/couch there as had to sit there a while and the chairs were uncomfortable. This is just a suggestion and doesn't reflex any negative on any aspect of the hotel.

The location was excellent central to everything The staff were exceptional friendly, helpful The free drinks were and excellent additional extremely thankful for them

Cool hotel, but extremely noisy!
    • Classic Double Room

The locations is disastrous in terms of noise, currently there's a building construction going on just opposite the hotel building, so it's impossible to open the window and having a conversation on the balcony requires shouting. WiFi requires logging in / payment for longer usage.

Very comfy bed, nice balcony with table and chairs, spacious room, great and attending staff!

perfect from many aspects.

I can´t tell anything.

In general was an excellent experience and would repeat it. Staff was very friendly and suportive, Hotel is small but very confortable even the room was very nice and clean. Location is very good and close to many of the relevant points of Nice.

Hotel 64 is a modern and intimate experience.

All good!

The hotel is in a superb location for the train station, the bus to the Airport (currently costs only 6 Euros) and trams to take you to the Old Town and other locations around the City. The Hotel is modern and minimalist and is particularly suitable for stays of one to several nights. Our room was spacious and had a small balcony. Hotel staff are very welcoming and extremely helpful. We stayed two years ago and will stay again when we next visit Nice.

Parking problem !
    • Classic Double Room

Parking problem !! Big problem. You cannot find parking. If you find one park, you must pay to much money. Hotel is good but they must be give free parking service.

Lovely staff an hotel, would reccomend. Pleasant stay.
    • Club Single Room

The staff were lovely and helpful. Great location on the main street, close proximity to train station, Old Town, beach & shopping. Room was clean and functional. Breakfast was lovely and there was a fridge with free drinks you can access all day and take with you.

Priceworthy hotel
    • Classic Double Room

I did not like that my room key stoped working 4 times in four days. I did not like that there where only one small elevator because i had to wait a couple of minutes every morning

I liked the staff and the nice rooms. The rooms were very soundproof and comfy. Nice place to stay if you want to have a great time in nice

Air conditioning very good, bed comfortable even though was...
    • Club Single Room

Air conditioning very good, bed comfortable even though was quite soft, room very silenced even though with window to the street with tramway. Quality very good. I like it.

The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Location close to tourism office and the hop on hop off tour bus and it’s a 20 minutes walk to cours saleya old town.

The location is quite close to the train station and it’s...
    • Classic Double Room

The sound proofing needs to improve. We were waken up in the early morning by others sometimes.

The location is quite close to the train station and it’s easy to get everywhere in the city. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. They provided a very good customer experience.

Great location in Nice close to the train station.
    • Club Single Room

Great location in Nice close to the train station. Very clean and comfortable. Accommodating and friendly staff. Free drinks 24/7. Would definitely stay again.

nice stay

breakfast is not amazingly great but is average and reasonable compare to other hotels in France.

We stayed in Junior suite and had no regret. it was the most comfortable room we had in Europe for our entire trip. Rooms is massive and clean, bed is big and comfortable. Location is great and convenient from the train station. there was no kettle provided in room however they provide one when we asked.

Nice stay in Nice
    • Club Single Room

Nice location, very close to the centre of the city/old town and the train. The staff were very helpful and clearly customized recommendations to the clients. A single room is quite compact, but this is fine when you're out all day. The small balcony is a nice addition. Best parts were the air conditioning and how unexpectedly quiet it was at night. Next time I would ask for a second pillow in advance as by the time I asked it was not possible. Would recommend.

Great location and staff

The hotel is presented nicely but could do with a freshen up. The photos on their site aren't the best reflection of the actual room. Overall a nice stay

Staff were 10/10 and very very helpful. Location was a short walk from the train station making it very easy to get around. Bed was very comfy

Clean and nice hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The area is ok-ish. I was travelling for work by myself and I wasn't feeling so safe to walk at night alone.

Really nice Hotel, I think it actually looks better than the photos. I ordered breakfast in the room and was really good. Staff also super nice.

A little gem of a small hotel. Wish it were in a different location.
    • Club Single Room

The breakfast was lovely and generous. The staff was wonderful. Room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The location, however, was noisy and too far for me from the old part of city.

Central, clean, comfortable with friendly staff

We were happy with our stay

Very clean and spacious. Beds are super comfortable! Large, clean bathrooms and good facilities. Right next to the train station - so great for commuting to other areas along the coast.

The space was very clean.
    • Classic Double Room

The space was very small. If you turned left when exiting you were heading towards a good neighborhood. If you turned right, you felt immediately unsafe.

The space was very clean.

INCREDIBLE Hotel & wonderful location
    • Club Single Room

The location is amazing. Less than a few minutes walk to the train station. It’s Peaceful & quiet at night. The staff are magnificent, warm welcoming & always there to help, they really make the hotel special. The rooms are clean & modern. The bed & pillows are extremely comfortable. Can’t speak highly enough about this hotel.

Relaxing trip to Nice
    • Classic Double Room

Walking distance to the Promenade des Anglais and plenty of restaurants and bars, in addition to the train station which made it a great base for day trips to Nice and Monaco! Bed was very comfortable and it was very clean.

Disappointed
    • Classic Double Room

Room was very small. Cleaningness was only acceptable. They did not provide refill of shampoo and soap at the bathroom. Shower curtain was falling every time we were taking a shower. Carpets look dirty!

Location of the property is good. NEar commercial area and restaurant area. Walking distance from train station. Very convenient in this sense.

Hidden Gem

I found nothing to critisize! In fact, I was SO comfortable, that I extended my stay by three extra days!!

The staff, & the availability of soft drinks, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate throughout the day, at no charge.

Junior Suite was really spacious and nicely furbished.

Seems like renovation was not fully done, so the floor in the room has an angle, which bothered me until I got used to it.

Junior Suite was really spacious and nicely furbished. Bathroom clean and large. Very nice and welcome touch are complimentary drinks and ice in the dining room.