Reviews of Nouvelle Classe Hotel

#8 of 9 hotels in Châtellerault

6.1

5.6

5.6

For the price there is nothing to complain about. I am great full I could find a hotel that accepts pets as this is always a problem for me. I have stayed overnight in so called 3* hotels that were not to this standard.

Breakfast was more than adequate, the double room was more than expected, very clean with an excellent shower. Car parking was spacious and secure,

Room dingy bed uncomfortable small bathroom more like a toilet and shower in one cubicle. More like a hostal than a hotel pleased we only had to stay one night. Will not be using again.

Quite a secure car park and close to a couple of restaurants. Served its purpose for an over night stop over.

Casual receptionist- on Internet and just handed over key. No greeting just a jobsworth. Place difficult to find- poor signposting

Low price, convenient en route stop

IT WAS FILTHY!!!!! Pillows hard and if the sheets had not been clean and we were not exhausted from driving all day , we would not have stayed there . We did not shower as bathroom was disgusting!

Cheap and location

• Family Room (3 Adults)

DONT STAY HERE AT 42 EUROS IT MAY SEEM CHEAP ,WE WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN A BUS SHELTER

Our normal B B hotel was over booked,had limited wi fi .read the first review only on trip adviser sounded basic but clean rated 4.arrived to a prison block of a building to tired to go on.Reception was clean ,meet by a young lad who spoke English ,paid for room ,that was all this hotel had going for it.On third floor cigarette buts every where rubbish out side door in a flower pot room stank of smoke ,window had been left open.room full of mosquitoes.metal beds double with a single going across top far to close to ceiling ,clear plastic head covered in grease, some form off porter loo combined shower room with foot prints on the floor. towels grey and very old. tied to sleep air con was so noisy slept on our beach towels till to 1 am . Bitten by some sort of bug we then left

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Staff were not friendly, the bed guard did not even work for the top bunk and the parrot in the foyer was too loud!

The location is awful. It was in the middle of industrial estate and the smell outside was horrible. As we had family it was lucky we didn't need a meal or entertainment as there is nothing nearby worthy of note.

Smell of stale cigarettes in the room Poor cleanliness in the room Poor condition of outside areas - broken concrete, weeds, etc. Parrot in a large cage in breakfast room with its mess on the floor Lazy staff

Cheap

The price was overrated (79€/night). Room: double bed was fair (some bending in the middle), floor was sticky. Bathroom: tiny triangled space made of plastics; shower not working appropriatly: hot water taps after 1 min., cold did not work. Water runs from sink on ground. Breakfast: quality of juices can be improved (Intermarché & resto's are nearby). Advice: room needs make-over, repair and cleaning.

Positive: refrigerator in bedroom. Breakfast price is low.

The wifi didn't work and I felt like I'd turned up to a pervy truck drivers den, the room and bathroom wasn't great either for what it cost, should of been half the price. I slept with all my bags up against the door!

it was in a convenient place on my trip

Everything, see above

This is by far the worst room i ever had the misfortune to stay at.. as i arrived very tired after midnight i stayed but under normal circustances i would have demanded a refund and left... cobwebs everywhere, dirty bedding,no bathroom but a plasic cubicle from 1970... awful place. The pillows were filthy..the place was so dirty i slept on two of my own towels not the bedding... wifi does not work in the room, and to top it off i had an early start at 6am.. but, the door would not open.. after 15'mins i was forced to climb out of the window... the place is run down, filthy and should be closed.

Door on rooms and security were a little lax. Hotel just looks tired.

Overnight place to stay; hotel could do with updating. Overall good value for money.

The snarling reception staff were free to roam. The breakfast coffee was instantly dislikable.

The Parrot in reception was pleasant enough. The hotel was on a trading estate so was ideally located for a bit of home improvement shopping.

Paid for WiFi but it was never possible to turn it on in any moment. Charged WiFi for each person in the booking even if not everyone went to the place. Awfull place, never coming back EVER

Confi mattress

I did not like the pillows, very lumpy also I made a request on booking the hotel for them to arrange a taxi to take us to a wedding at 2.0'clock which they had not so I asked them to do it immediately and all taxi's had been booked so it was necessary for us to drive tothe wedding and end up having to leave our car somewhere else.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

If you have some health issues, avoid; it's extremely hot and humid air in the room, AC did not help at all. Staff couldn't speak in English at all, we did not find any towels in our room and struggled to explain what's wrong in the reception. Avoid breakfast. Lidl is nearby, it's much better to buy something there, very poor breakfast at the hotel. After you need to go to eat somewhere anyway, so it is just a wasting of time and money.

Wi-fi; a wonderful, but very angry bird in the reception, parking

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

The room we were offered was upstairs, and as we were traveling with our dog we asked for a downstairs room which the man on the reception kindly sorted for us. But the room he then gave to us stunk of cigarette smoke so I had to go back to reception and ask if we could change again. He gave us another room next door to it, which wasn't much better, (only slightly less cigarette smoke!). The fridge in the room, which had been advertised in their write up, didn't work as the socket it was meant to be plugged into wasn't working and in fact the only socket in the room that did work was hanging dangerously off the wall!! The curtain was falling down and a piece of architrave over the bathroom door was also hanging off, as was the bedside shelf!! The toilet seat looked dirty but I think it was only scratch marks from the upper lid??!! The towels were covered in bleach stains and threadbare. It was a small, dark and dingy room. The floor didn't look like it had been cleaned for some time and the whole room needed cleaning and decorating. We knew, by the price, that it would be very basic and wasn't expecting anything special, but we did expect it to be clean!! Their pictures were obviously taken when the place was first built as the rooms looked quite nice in them which is why we booked it. We wondered whether the upstairs room would have been any better or looked as advertised, but I seriously doubt it!!! We did have this same hotel booked for our return journey but we cancelled it.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

It was very easy to find with plenty of parking. Bonus was a fridge as we had a lot of travelling to cover Everyone very friendly despite the language barrier.

The place has no charm and is barebones, but this was not a surprise.

Our flight was delayed so much that we couldn't make it to the B&B we had reserved in Bordeaux, so I reserved this room as we were driving. Since it was late and all we really planned to do was sleep, I chose the cheapest one I could find. The motel is shabby (rusty back staircase leading up to room) and the room small and bed not very comfortable, but this was to be expected for the price. We had breakfast which was the minimum you find in France, baguette, cereal, coffee from a machine. But it was a serviceable room and we had a quiet night there. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Square pillows (I'm English) - next time I would bring my own. No English TV channels for news etc.

Below was my earlier review - this is an amendment due to the hotel billing me twice. I paid cash on arrival (78.50 Euro). Unfortunately, a receipt was neither asked for nor given. After checking out they then also billed my card. Despite emailing the hotel and constant communication with Booking.com I did not receive a full refund and accepted a 20 Euro refund from Booking.com as It didn't appear that even after 3 months I would be getting a full refund from the hotel. It was obvious that the male staff member who checked me in either lost or stole the money. It would have been easy for them to check as there is CCTV in the reception and I informed them of a duplicate payment less than 24 hours after checking out. IF YOU PAY CASH ASK FOR A RECEIPT!! THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT AT THIS HOTEL The location (proximity to A10) for travelling to and from the UK to Spain. It is 5.30 hours from Tunnel. It is literally a couple of minutes from exit/entrance A10. The immediate area had ample eating places within a few minutes walk - McD, Subway plus at least 3 other restaurant type places for the more refined. A bonus was the supermarket (shuts 19.30) and the 24 hour self serve petrol station (fuel at least 15-20c cheaper than Motorways) all within 1 minute drive or few minutes walk. The carpark is large and secure (cameras). My room was big enough for two although the shower room is a tight fit is adequate for what you need to do in there! Breakfast is adequate for the money Euro 4.50. There is bread, jams, juices, coffee, cereals etc All in all - when staying here you know you will get a rest, fed, car fueled up ready to go on your way.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

I took an extra blanket to the hotel as there is only one in the room. It can be cold at night with just one blanket.

The staff is good friendly in a relaxed way. The rooms are good, the bed and shower too. WiFi is excellent and parking/situation is good for a traveller. There is a Mc Donalds at walking distance.

Was asked repeatedly to pay when I made clear that I had paid in advance, even showing the booking confirmation that had writen in big words ¨PAID¨ the receptionist would not accept. Only after logging in at booking website and showing him he accepted. I´d assume it´s easy for them to find that info in their booking system so it just makes it more upsetting. Wifi did not work in a room far from the reception.

Cheap

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

It was freezing cold and there was only one cover on bed which wasn't big enough for a double.Reception reluctantly gave us another cover but we still went to bed fully clothed. they did offer us another room but my husband had already gone to bed as he had been driving all nigh.The beds should have winter weigh bedding. The temp.outside was 2deg._cetegrade

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

A lot. But to focus on one thing, I arrived at about 11pm on a cold winter night and the heating didn't work. There was one sheet and a thinnish bedspread and no blanket in the room and bare linoleum floors. I was frankly too tired to go back to reception and discuss the issue with staff who obviously thought it was perfectly okay to allocate the room in that condition.

Only the fact that it was quite close to the main road between Tours and Poitiers.

Incredible price for two rooms and breakfast. The manager (and pet parrot) were very kind and very friendly. The hotel is very well designed to get the maximum facilities out of such a small space, and very close to the motorway for an early start next day. Absolutely ideal stopping place for a 2-day trek from Valencia to London.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nothing, rooms are dirty

I like nothing about that hotel. It's dirty. The receptionist was dusting the the dinning tables with his hands without any towel.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The location is rather dismal - but there is a good Italian restaurant across the road. Overall, the hotel served its purpose, but (apart from the fridge and the air conditioning - which were unexpected benefits) it is pretty functional.

Staff were very friendly and helpful - stored 5 bikes in a room for us. It looks a little run down but was clean and perfect for an overnight stop over. The fridge was great for our food stuffs for our onward journey. It is on an industrial estate with shops and a buffulo grill (also friendly) a stones through away. I don't know why people think it's a dodgy area - all retail parks look similar - they clearly haven't been to Croydon Purley way. Man up it's fine and a great price! Would recommend

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Room small shower even smaller. Won't be using this or similar types of hotel chains agaim

Not much too small. We don't normally stay at this type of accommodation but we're meeting friends and their suggestion

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Looking a bit tired, but fine for an overnight stay.

Low price, air con, confortable bed, reasonable breakfast, choice of nearby food, close to autoroute.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The hotel was old and required refurbishment. The rooms were accessed externally which meant security was more of an issue.

The hotel was very reasonably priced. The rooms were beautifully clean and surprisingly well equipped.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Everything,completely run down.

Nothing, Awful, when we arrived very disappointed, we were also charged extra although had confirmed price. I have stayed at other Nouvelle Classe hotels through France but this one needs a complete refurb!!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Unfortunately the coffee machine was broken at breakfast and the staff was rather helpless about it. No appealing alternatives. Continental breakfast.

Although very compact, the room offered all travellers need for a good night's rest and morning shower.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Rooms are very small, not that much space when your with 3 or 2 people. Bathroom and toilet also not too spacious.

Full refrigerator, airconditioning, televesion all provided. Some restaurants very close by.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

I´ve stayed at many "budget hotels", especially in France, and this is by far the best I´ve stayed in of this type. Rooms in this kind of hotel are usually basic with limited facilities but they serve a purpose for an overnight stop. This one was different. The fridge in the room was a very welcome surprise, the air con was decent and a decent TV with more than the usual basic channels. The reception was open later than the standard 21.00, after which you normally have to hope that the machine has record of your booking. It looks like it was formerly a Premiere Class hotel so of course the rooms are small but, for the price, this is excellent and ideal for an overnight stop, close to the motorway and to the toll free roads to Poitiers and Tours

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Due to the small size of the shower cubicle, the shower curtain was more like cling film.

As a stopover it suited our needs well. The shower had plenty of hot and strong water, which is always lovely after a long drive. Good wifi and front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Really needs a revamp.l'm sure this hotel is an old premiere classe.

Very scruffy

• Family Room (3 Adults)

place was tired and fixtures didn't work

walking distance for places to eat and drink

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Cheap good value as a travel stop

Day staff seemed a bit disdainful,

Night staff were friendly, was able to use the microwave to cook a ready meal too. Good location, easy to find.

Poor noise insulation because hearing people yawning or snoring is not so pleasant.

The low room rate

Simple clean accommodation for overnight stop.

la situation

Extremely basic and very tired and in need of refurbishment from top to bottom.

My pet dog could be with me. The bed was comfy.

Very basic, but what do you expect for €30 !!

No heating

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Clean, Nice Location, Comfortable, and price is quite friendly.

not very clean .stayed in a lot better for the price

very tired needs a revamp but ok. if just for one night .not very clean

Not cleaned under the bed. Not soundproofed. Noise from adjacent rooms

Quite close to my route. Near to restaurants

Slightly tired looking hotel inside and out. Internet didn't work in bedroom despite stating it would, however staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Finding the property and its entrance was difficult at night.

Functional and fit for purpose at price

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

good location

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Felt a bit run down and in need of re-decoration. Slight smell of smoke in room

Ease of booking. Convenient location for motorway

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The room was not ready at the due time.

The price is cheap.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Wifi non existent Staff rude Cigarette buts everywhere at your door

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Very basic but clean and comfortable. Buffalo Grill is two minutes walk away

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

orter female very helpfull 5 star to her

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Family Room (3 Adults)

the room was like the inside of a jail

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

Shower broken Room had been used by smokers and smelt Have stayed in better hotels like this one Felt like being eaten all night

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Toilet didnt work only one plug socket worked I was told breakfast started '6-30 still not open at 7 o"clock.had an early start so lost the price paid for my breakfast. Will not be staying there again

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Hard to find. Need better signage off the street.

The staff was really helpful and even baked a pizza for me. Assisted me with the wifi and heat quickly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Door handle broken on the inside, had to leave via window early in the morning as we had a long drive

Friendly staff, close to motorway, clean room and bedding.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Nothing really. At the price you need to set the bar of expectation a lot lower.

Nice staff, location and really cheap. Air-conditioning worked a great.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Very grim from the outside & the location in a business/trading area is not inviting. I was worried about my valuables & some of the other guests made my feel uneasy. Tiny bathroom.

It was an overnight stay in the middle of a long journey & near to the autoroute. Very cheap.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

1st time you go it can be a little tricky to find.

A typical French 'transit' hotel. Few frills but does the job

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Do hotel fechar o Check-in ás 00.00h.

Rapidez no Check-in.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

It was fine.

Comfortable bed. Good price. Fine breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Small but perfectly formed. Good quality basic accommodation for an overnight stop.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

Difficult to locate the actual premises. Needs bigger sign somewhere on the road.

Close to motorway

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Very basic, but O.K. for a one night stopover.

Good location near to the main Autovia. Had a fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

bed is a bit small

parking, 24/7 open

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, great value for money and very fast wifi!!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Hard to find.

Good airconditioning, useful during a heatwave! Nice receptionist securely stored my bike for me. Comfortable room, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Price reasonable

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Everything, paid our money never even stayed the night.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.