Reviews of Hôtel Novanox 3 stars

155, Boulevard Du Montparnasse, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France

#648 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Absolutely unhappy with our stay in this hotel and even more with the handling of our complaints!

We have been staying in Hotel Novanox from 17th to 19th of August for two nights in room 31. At the reception we were told that the room is brandnew, because they are renovating all the rooms at the moment. But we were also told, that the room is ready and everything is working fine. Because of the construction site on the third floor they offered us one breakfast for free for the next morning. We got into the room and realized that NOT everything was finished. The mirror was still unpacked and leaning against the wall, the electric sockets were partly not covered, the fridge was not ready to use and not cold. So we left the room to visit Paris and we told the recptionist that they now have some time to fix the things in our room, that are still not ready. As we returned nothing had changed. Ok, we thought, not a big problem, just minor mistakes. The next morning we got up (caused by working people using hammers and loud drills in front of our door) and wanted to take a shower. Then a major problem occured. The water was not getting warm, even after more than five minutes of waiting while the water was on. So I went down and told the receptionist. He told me to take care of it and he will call us when it's fixed. He never called, first because there was no phone installed in our room, second because he didn't fix anything. So I had to take a very cold and uncomfortable shower and my girlfriend refused to use the cold shower. Then I tried to dry my wet hair with the hair dryer, which was installed in the room. Unfortunately, the hair dryer was not working either! So we went down and complained again at the reception. The receptionist, who by the way did not seem to care at all, offered us a breakfast for free (was already offered one day before). We made the booking without breakfast on purpose, because we wanted to have breakfast outside. We asked for something like a take away breakfast, but we were told, that this was not possible.

So we left without a breakfast. Before we left, the guy at the reception assured us, that he will take care of all the complaints we made and that everything will be fixed when we return in the evening. I also said, that I will not be willing to pay the whole amount for our stay if these problems are not fixed when we return. But, surprise, nothing had changed! Even more, the transponder for our doorlock was not working anymore. So I went down to the reception to make another complaint. The receptionist tried to re-programme the transponder, but when I got up to our room door the transponder still was not working. So, down again to the reception, he said he cannot fix the problem, went up and opened the door with a key. In the room everything was still the same. Fridge warm, water cold (which he said was fixed and there is hot water again, but no), hair dryer not working, mirror leaning against the wall, packing material in front of our door. We became angry. I told the receptionist, that this is very bad service and asked for a room change. He said there was no free room left. So I said, we will not pay the whole amount for the room. On Sunday, when we had to leave, I told the receptionist to find a solution for the problem and to make an offer. He offered just breakfast. We do not want this breakfast! Then he said we should write a complaint via email and someone will give us some money back. We did not believe him, because of all the promises he made and all the problems that occured. He said he could only offer us 10 € per night. After long discussions with this ignorant receptionist we only saw the chance of accepting the poor discount of 26 € (two times the breakfast for one person) and writing a complaint after our return to Germany. To make it clear, we were absolutely unhappy with our stay in this hotel and even more with the handling of all our complaints! Back home, I wrote an email, but as I expected, they neither replied nor gave us money back.

Great property.

Great property. Close to rail and bus links. Walking distance to the gardens. Clean room. Nice food restaurants close by. Helpful staff. Great 3 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great location. Quiet area. Poor service.

There is a bathtub in the bathroom, but we can not plug the drain because it doesn't work. The lift is too small. A person with a luggage is enough. In addition, the light doesn't work at all since we check-in. We didn't find it out until we get back to the hotel. We have announced the receptionist at night; however, he couldn't do anything for us. He promised he will notice to the morning shift. Next day, we ask the receptionist the problem again,it seems like there is no result yet. When we go back to the room at night, the light still doesn't work. They didn't do anything or any compensation to us....when we check-out.... This is a three star hotel service?? What a pity.....

The location is close to the metro station and RER station. It is quite convenient. There is a small fridge and a kettle in the room. Perfect for drinking a cup of tea or coffee. Every detailed in the room is very clean. Restaurants are just nearby the hotel. Staffs are polite.

Really comfortable room in a central location.

The reception area gave a poor first impression as it was looking quite tired and in need of tlc. Also the breakfast area looked a little uninviting but can’t commentvon the breakfasts as I didn’t use this service.

Staff were nice, The location was excellent, easy access from C D GAULLE airport via the RER line B to Port royal station. This hotel was basic, but very clean with refurbished rooms AC and a really large, comfortable bed, large bathrooms with over bath shower. I’d certainly stay again and recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The location was rather good and the staff were helpful.

The room was not cleaned well and was very noisy. The hotel itself was quite dated and in need of renovation/repair.

The location was rather good and the staff were helpful.

Great location but not worth it

So the list will be long if I write each and everything, see below pointers - staff was not at all friendly - rooms are really small - lift is very small even a couple would struggle, forget about the pram - no value for money - they often forget to clean your room even if you specifically tell them to clean it - no guidance for tourists - wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay - the room’s toilet and main door was a struggle to close and open - initially allotted room’s ac was not working - no wardrobe in the room

Location was great. 4-5mins walk from port royal station.

I stayed there 2 times.
    • Executive Double Room

I stayed there 2 times. The first time (2 weeks ago), the staff was very good and nice. The last time (last week), the man was kind of mean, he answered questions pretty bad, nothing worked on the room, air conditionning or on or off, the fridge didn't work, barely had answer regarding transportation to the airport, ... The toilet room are the smallest I've seen

The location was great, just a few mins walk to RER.

The hotel is currently under new decoration. We booked 2 rooms, but 1 room was not really completed until we check out. There was a lady staff was quite nice. She tried to help and said kids were offering free breakfast, but in the morning the others staff refused the offer and told us the lady staff made the mistake. This was not professional at all. I would not recommend this moment until they finish the project.

The location was great, just a few mins walk to RER.

Enjoyed our Paris visit

Hotel was going through renovations - Housekeeping needs improvement. Breakfast was available but expensive for what was served.

Friendly staff and Rosie extremely helpful and provided excellent customer service.

Great value for money, rooms are comfortable and good location!

The hotel lobby and restaurant looked uninviting and a bit run down but I believe this will be changed once it's all renovated. Lift only fits one person and their luggage. The minibar had nothing in it and the fridge was not cold.

The hotel is currently under renovations at the moment, I stayed in a newly renovated room which had beautiful decor and was big and comfortable. They had air conditioning in the rooms which helped as I was able to utilised that instead of opening the windows which faced the main road and could be very noisy when opened. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Close to pubs, bars and restaurants. Close to the RER which is convenient for going to Orly airport.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

What a hotel supposed to be

The lift was too small and could not be boarded with luggage.

1. Location of the hotel is superb. 2. The rooms were clean and upto date 3. Staffs were helpful and delightful 4. Again, location! Near to RER B train line (Port Royal)

Great stay in Paris!

We lived in the newly renovated room (5th floor, superior double), all the furniture was new. The room was facing a quite street so we could open the window (there is also an AC in the room). There are kettle and mini-fridge in the room. The bed is very comfortable! The staff was amazing, always very helpful and friendly. They also let us leave our bags since we had a late flight. Location is great, a lot of nice food and drink places nearby. I definitely stay in this place next time I am in Paris.

The location is excellent near to train RER B and metro...

Room was small with a bad smell, it seems due to new painting! There is crowd in the street but if the windows closed, it is fine. The staff was not that helpful, when being asked about some places, they did not have even maps or help in getting online tickets for Louvre or other places. The lift is too small and too slow. The bathroom door had no lockers.

The location is excellent near to train RER B and metro station M 6 , in addition to bus stations around the place. Also there are many markets and restaurant around. It was safe until late hours.

I have to complement the reception staff.

The room wasn't cleaned properly before we arrived. Had to phone reception for new towels, toilet paper, a handheld hairdryer (one in room didn't work), on the second day (They brought all of the items to our room really, really fast after we asked) Building is still under renovation. Depending on when you go, this info may mean you'll hear people working, or that you'll stay in a completely newly renovated hotel (Ask about this). For the parents: There is a lift in the building, but too small for a stroller (Kinderwagen/ pram). You will have to empty it and leave it in the storage room downstairs (lift is completely fine otherwise) Windows open to a fairly low railing. Not a problem if you keep an eye on you kid, but we just kept it closed to be safe.

I have to complement the reception staff. Really friendly and professional. They answered all my questions before the stay, and was quick to respond and help during the stay. Internet download speed was very good (upload was so bad Google Photos couldn't sync)

The bed was very comfortable and room was recently updated,...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was remodeling during the day so hard to sleep in after staying up all night. But it really was too noisy only one day

The bed was very comfortable and room was recently updated, and very clean. Nice air condition. Close to train stations Port Royal and Raspail. Staff very cordial, welcoming and informative. Really enjoyed our stay and recommend

Ok place in good location to Metro and a bed and a shower, plenty of local food.

Housekeeping took a pillow and front staff couldn’t find me another off hours. Coffee maker in room lacked supplies.

Very friendly staff. A/c was perfect .

Comfortable room, good location, value for the money.

Safebox missing, "standard" claustrophobic and slow elevator, trafficed boulevard - but good noise-isolated windows...

Comfortable room and bathroom, clean, climatised, good position for the money, metro and RER (CDG) within 300 meters, restaurants and groceries around.

Very nice stay, I might use this hotel again.

Nothing major really! Hotel is situated in quite noisy street, but it's not a problem if you close the window and turn on air con :) Empty fridge would be nice as we didn't buy breakfast option and we like to buy my own groceries. Be aware that lift is very small (I used stairs anyway, so no problem for me). I didn't quite like to leave the key to my room in the reception everytime I leave the hotel as I prefer to keep it with me (it's just personal preference).

The location was really good for sightseeing Paris. Close to bars, restaurants, metro, buses, Luxembourg Gardens and Montparnasse Tower. Carrefour was nearby as well so we could buy some groceries. Room 22 on 2nd floor is a good size room for 2 people, bed was comfy. It has a small toilet which was separated from the bathroom (spacious shower and sink), just to let you know. All was clean. I didn't hear other people behind the wall in the evening so that was a plus! Air conditioning was working when outside was 30 degrees in the end of June. Kettle was there as well so we could prepare coffee / tea for ourselves without leaving the room. Present of corkscrew was a nice bonus. Safe box and little fridge with goodies inside was hidden in the closet. Nothing was stolen when we were outside the room. It was a really pleasent stay, highly recommend!

Good job our visit was short don’t think we could put up with another night!

The hotel and location is awful really overpriced for a run down hotel! Hope they fixed the leaky bathroom sink!

The hotel was run down and shabby. Our sink was leaking water and the AC wasn’t great. It’s in dire need of a renovation. It was overpriced for what we had. The only good thing I can say about the hotel was the young desk clerk a lady from Mauritius. She was nice and did her best to be helpful.

Perfect location!

Perfect location! Really close to Port Royal RER train station where you can take the train to airport + Raspail metro station to travel within city + many restaurants and cafes!

Overall it was a good experience!

I think the rate was very high so we just expected too much. For example, we thought there will be slippers but there weren't so struggled a bit after showering. Or there were a few light bulbs that were out in both of the rooms we booked. Quite details but some features that can leave the impression of sloppiness maybe!

The location was fantastic. The service that they safely stored out luggages before our check-in and after our check-out was great. The staff asked if we wanted to use the bathroom when we came back to get our luggage was a very nice move!

Really enjoyed our stay and fantastic staff.

Nothing. The Hotel was perfect for our needs.

The bed was very comfortable and a good shower. We loved having a kettle in the room. The staff are exceptional in that nothing is too much trouble, and the warm welcom we received from Rosie after a long flight from Australia was very much appreciated. All of the staff are friendly and professional, and offered to help with finding out train information on a strike day. We liked the area and everything we needed was so close, with a good bakery next door, and a laundry just across the road and down a street. We really enjoyed our 6 day stay here, and would not hesitate to return

Holiday of a lifetime

The staff were very good and helpful. The location was perfect as it was near the metro station. The rooms were very clean. As it was warm when we went in mid April the air conditioning in the room was good to use.

Really great location of the hotel.

Really great location of the hotel. Very safe and comfortable area, very close to the main sightseeings. Great thanks to the staff, especially to Badr. All the crew made our stay cosy and wonderful. Hope to come back very soon!

Excellent hotel in a beautiful location with lovely staff.

Sometimes we didn’t receive enough towels or have the tea/coffee replenished.

Everything was comfortable, clean and presentable. Very good English!

The lady at the front is so friendly and helpful!

The lady at the front is so friendly and helpful! During the strike the transportation in Paris was in chaos, and luckily we had this lovely lady who enthusiastically helped us with all the problems going anywhere. The room is comfortable and clean. The hotel is located in a convenient neighborhood. The RER B station is right on the corner.

Great location near the Jardin du Luxembourg.

Very good location - walking distance from the Jardin du Luxembourg and the Panthéon. The staffs were very helpful, friendly and professional. The room and hotel were very clean. We also felt that the room was big enough (we travelled with a small baby) and well equipped. The hotel is on Boulevard du Montparnasse and so around are great restaurants. We would definitely book again on our next visit.

They offer us a baby crib, which was very nice!! Very quiet even if it’s on a big street. Close to train station and to the tourist bus stop OPEN TOUR.

A decent hotel in a good district of Paris close to 2 metro...

The hair dryer could be a little bit more powerful

A decent hotel in a good district of Paris close to 2 metro stations and 1 RER B station. Wi-fi connection was flawless. Staff friendly and helpful.

The room was dirty and the lift was out of order all the...

The room was dirty and the lift was out of order all the time. The staff (except one young man who tried but couldn’t be helpful) was not even able to book a shuttle for the airport or feel responsible to help in case of broken elevator.

Just another nice hotel with bad customer service

CUSTOMER SERVICE They need some improvement on customer service. A lady staff was not helpful. We extended our stay for 2 more nights and she asked us to move to another room as she said there would be another guest staying there. We had to check out and bring our luggage downstairs (in a very small elevator). It was a size of a fridge! We've traveled across the world,but nothing like this ever happened. Then we got a new room later on and there was NO HEATER in the room (seriously),felt like we were in a dungeon for almost 2 hours! Apparently, there were other rooms available so we got a new room and had to return the key and pick up the key downstairs again as the staff would not offer any help with moving or even bringing us the key, okay,well. Fun elevator rides! We were not being difficult or anything,but a little help would be great :) Thank you for reading this, hope you enjoyed it (a lil).

The hotel was clean and the location was good, near the metro.

Ugh, you get what you pay for (bad service)

We didn’t think the young lady at the front desk was helpful.We extended our stay after a night and the young lady there asked us to move to a new room because that room was no longer available (duh). Then we had to check out and bring our stuff down and she gave us a room with NO HEATER at night as the check in time was at 1 pm. We went out so we left our stuff there. We moved again and packed then come get the key. We were in Rome and we had to move a room,but the staff took care of everything. They could have been more helpful, not making us packing and unpacking a few times. It’s pretty common for hotels to help their guests, not ask them to check out and check in. It was RIDICULOUS. Or maybe th staff lady is there because she has to be there, who knows? She obviously needs more training. You get what you pay for,right? Thank you for reading and rememeber you get what you pay for! ;P

The hotel was pretty clean and the room we had was big enough.

Very good choice

Breakfast is not very exciting - no eggs or omelet for our great regret. But cheeses are tasty. As well as juice - very fresh on my taste.

Hotel staff is very nice, the bed was extremely comfortable to sleep (and size is really huge). Very good and quiet location - direct RER line to the airport and Luxembourg garden nearby. Also, there are a lot of good cafes situated along Montparnasse Boulevard. I mean - the location is very convenient. Big safe in a room and clean and new bathroom. A lot of radiators with adjusters.

Great stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location, next to metro station and Montparnasse tower, rooms are big and comfortable, but most of all great people working there, they even helped us when we arrieved with navigating us to the hotel by phone. Also, they let us leave our luggage at the hotel, after we left the rooms, because we had some free time before our train. 5 min walk there are a lot of great restaurants, cafes and shops.

The staff was very nice and friendly, any doubt that I had...

The lift is narrow, but enough.

The staff was very nice and friendly, any doubt that I had they answered with good mood. The room was comfortable. The hotel is recommendable

My wife, 8 months old son and I stayed there for 3 nights...

Seperate toilet in our room and lift in the hotel were little bit small.

My wife, 8 months old son and I stayed there for 3 nights and we liked pretty much everything in our room and hotel as well. I definitely recommend it to stay.

I would love to come back to this hotel for my next trip.

The elevator and the room were a bit small, but it was OK for us.

Staffs are super nice and friendly. The location was really great. You can go anywhere easily and can find good restaurants in a walking distance. The price of the room was reasonable.

The hotel is a short walk from the RER station (connecting...

The room was adequate but a little small. The room and hotel were more like a good ** rather than a *** hotel. The location involved long walks or awkward metro connections.

The hotel is a short walk from the RER station (connecting with CDG). The bathroom functioned well with a good shower and adequate size. There was a good towel heater that could dry a few under garments. There is a good bistro/cafe with the aura of old Paris on a nearby corner (Cafe Bullier) and nearby patisseries for breakfast.

An easy, comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. Thank you.

The only negative is that with our room being on the ground floor and therefore close to the main entrance, it was a little noisy on an evening if guests were coming in later. This only woke me and not my daughter so it wasn't a big negative.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the RER station taking you straight to CDG airport and links in to the centre. I was travelling alone with my almost 2 year old and was put on the ground floor with a bath for comfort and ease; I was extremely grateful for this. Friendly, attentive, helpful staff.

Fabulous.

All good. No complaints.

Big room for Paris. Great bathroom. Lovely area handy to walk or metro anywhere you like in Paris. Friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice surrondings ( a lot of Restaurants and bar, close to...
    • Superior Twin Room

Nice surrondings ( a lot of Restaurants and bar, close to RER and Metro stations), friendly and helpful staff, cozy beds! We would definitly come back.

We felt like we were home thanks to your staff.

For us everything was just perfect!

Very clean hotel. Very clean room. All the staff very helpfull, polite and smiling! Especially monsieur Lilian who was at the réception and checked us in and out, was so polite and he gave us a nice big room as we were in our honeymoon, without any extra charge. He was more than happy to give us instructions ,every time we need , about were we wanted to go! So helpful as we didn't have to search which metro line we need to take to go where we wanted!Many thanx for that!Also we had our room very good cleaned everyday with new towels..and of course the location of the hotel is excellent as from the metro stations round there you can go easy everywhere! We used the Raspail station (line 6) which was about 5 min walking from the hotel.

The staff and service were great, the location quiet...
    • Superior Twin Room

The staircase smelled of cigarette smoke when we got there, the elevator is a joke(barely fits more than 1 person), and there were some minor nuisances: bathroom door didn't close easily, beds were squeaky, breakfast(though sufficient) not really diverse.

The staff and service were great, the location quiet enough(although on a big street) near a lot of shops and restaurants. Though the room size is nothing to brag about(this is Paris, it's normal) the bathroom was surprisingly large and well fitted. The place is a very short walk away from the Luxembourg Gardens. You can reach the Latin Quarter within 20-30 minutes of walking. Otherwise, it's close to 4 metro lines which give pretty good access to the city(one being a direct link to the CDG airport).

Cozy little place in a good spot

Hotel advertises their rooms have "fridge". Well, they do indeed, but it's a mini-bar: small, stuffed with overpriced goodies and not very cold. Good fridge is kind of nice thing to have, as we prefer to stock up tasty things from local shops and have them for breakfast. Not really something we did not like, really. Just mind you can't shove a cheese head there, but small vine bottle will fit in :)

Very nice location indeed: just 10 minutes walk from Port-Royal station (RER B train from CDG airport stops there), so you won't have to carry your heavy luggage for too long. Few small shops around (Franprix, speedmarkets etc), as well as a couple of cafes and boulangeries; Jardin du Luxembourg is 15 minutes walk. Room is OK (got standard double) - small, but clean enough, comfy bed and fine bathroom. Really, for its price it is simply the best offer, if you just wish to walk Paris (or visit neighborhood) and stay there for a couple of nights sleep, a shower, wi-fi and a phone charge-up. Staff is also very friendly. Hotel even serves breakfasts, but we didn't take them, so can't say much, except for it looks like "standard continental". But hey - you're in Paris - just step out and grab some coffee at the corner, will ya?

We enjoyed our short stay in the hotel very much.

We enjoyed our short stay in the hotel very much. Mainly because the staff was fantastic! Every small discomfort they were able to turn around and make you feel good about it. We travelled with our 1,5 year old daughter and stayed only 1 night. The nearby Luxembourg park we enjoyed a lot also on a Sunday morning. The metro is pretty close, one street away. Eating was very decent in the same street.

Perfect location, nice room (superior).

Breakfast is overpriced and the overall facilities look a bit tired. Almost no-soundproof - one hears sniffing and coughing in other rooms. The hotel is renovating its facade and the rooms facing the boulevard have covered windows.

Perfect location, nice room (superior). For those who like shabby chic and tired of all-looking-the-same hotel rooms (like me) it was a perfect match. My window was facing a quiet street, so I enjoyed my stay.

Fit very much for short urban travel (2-3 days)

There were some repair works outside the hotel, but it didn't bother much

It was very helpful that there was lock room servise so we could leave our luggage before check in and after check out. The workers were very pleasant and polite

All the staff are really friendly.

Nothing, really.

All the staff are really friendly. The location is just a few minutes walk away from Port Royal station (and walking in Paris is always lovely) and two other Metro stations. The elevator is really small and can only fit two persons but it's not a dealbreaker. A lot of nearby brasseries where you can spend the evening drinking wine or having a fine dinner.

Ok for a night - would I return? No.

We stayed in rooms 31 and 35. Can't remember which one, but one of the rooms had a toilet right up against a wall. So if you are 6ft tall, forget it. You'll be sitting on the toilet sideways! The hotel is described as being in 6arr, but it's still quite a walk to get anywhere near 6rr, approx. 15-20 minutes walk. The lifts were tiny, fit max 2 persons at any one time. Tip, have one person take the luggage whilst rest use the stairs which were narrow. The room could certainly do with a bit of TLC. Floors creaked, dated furniture and no safe to speak of. On checkout, I was amazed to be charged 190Eur. Booking.com says the price would be £160. As I didn't have print out, I did not contest.

Situated on a busy street near the RER-B line (approx. 5-7 min walk). Made travelling to Disney easy to change to the RER-A line which cost approx. 30 EUR for party of 4 adults. Room was clean and space wise, ok, similar to a travel lodge room. If you are looking to stay the night with no thrills, this could do the job. Tip: to use the hairdryer, turn on the toilet light first.

Friendly, cool and well kept

Excellent air conditioning! (it was needed). Very pleasant staff who knew your room key number the moment you walked through the door. Immaculate bathroom with a real bath as well as a shower. Marmalade as well as jam at breakfast - a rare treat on the continent.

Great stay in Paris :)

Those who are light sleepers may have issues with noise. It didnt bother us, but for those who are sensitive it may be an issue. Streets are busy and bars a full :)

This hotel is in very very convenient location. Easy to reach all places of interest. 2 different Metro lines in short walking distance. Staff is also very friendly and willing to help. We didnt have breakfast at the htl so i cannot comments, but for the price we paid - we were happy. Also important to mention - from airport it takes 40 min to get to the htl by train + some 5 min walking. Easy peasy :)

Great location and helpful staff (Rosie)

We really enjoyed our 5-night stay in Paris at Hotel Novanox. Rosie, an employee there, was wonderful. She patiently answered all of our questions and gave us great information. It was quite apparent that she enjoys her job and wants to make sure her customers (us!) are happy with their stay. I loved the location of this hotel. It was within 1-2 blocks of a metro stop, an ATM was across the street, a lovely bakery was a couple doors down, along with a popular bar across the street. Within easy walking was a charming, affordable restaurant Cafe Harmony that we ate at. I recommend this hotel. The room was simple, pleasant, and clean and the bathroom was a decent size for a Parisian hotel.

Great weekend in Paris in perfect location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff were very welcoming and helpful when asked about recommendations of places to eat and where to shop with a teenage daughter? Location really good for both airports as we came in to Charles De Gaulle and flew out of Orly. Close to train and metro stations able to get to all the attractions really easily. Room quite small but perfect for the 2 of us and bathroom very clean.

Good value for the area and comparing to other options in Paris

I booked for two adults and one child but Booking only confirmed the adults, so we had no cot in our room. As there was extra staff, I had to assemble it myself, which was OK because we have a similar one. Besides, the receptionist was very friendly with us, so for us it was not a big deal, but in other situations it could have been tricky. The lift is quite small so if you have big bags and can't bare climbing the stairs, you'll have to take turns.

Friendly staff, nice neighborhood, close train station (RER), relatively close to famous spots (Les Jardins du Luxembourg, Notre Dame, etc). The rooms were very clean and the air conditioning was a life-saver.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Staff is awesome. Hotel is very clean.

It is on the edge of the 6th arr. It is not in the lively part of the 6th. It is also not real close to any of the attractions of the city. We ubered a lot since we were only there 2.5 days and didn't have time to mess with figuring out the metro system and needed to use our time wisely.

The location was quiet. Several restaurants that were great next door and just up the street.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great staff and location

Staff was very accommodating to our requests. They went over a beyond our expectations. Felt at home and location was perfect for us. Language was not a barrier.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Good stay.

While everything was clean and the bed comfy, the shower inside the bathtub is a little dangerous and should be repaired.

Very clean, within walking distance of two metro lines and RER station, lots of restaurants and carrefour near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Recommended Hotel

Clean Room, hotel room is well maintained Staff are accommodating 3 metro train stations nearby Great location Strong WIFI connection With lift

Awesome stay!

A bit expensive, but hey! It s Paris!

It s just 10 mins walk from the PortRoyale RER station. The staff was really helpful (helped us with printing the e-tickets for Luvre) and friendly. Try to book without breakfast, as there are a lot of nice places around, to eat a good breakfast. The room we had was at the 4th floor. A bit small, but if you visit Paris you don t really care about it as long the bed is comfy, which it was! Across the street there is a student s pub with happy hours (3€ a beer)

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Mice and overpriced

It sounded as if mice were around in the ventilation shafts, I woke up twice in the morning from their noise. Further, there is coffee in the room, but it is not been restocked the next day. When I asked to get more I received the answer that this is a welcome backage and I should not expect a refill. For instant coffeee and a room price above 100 Euro, this is ridiculous. I asked that I'm even willing to pay but this didn't work. The staff was with one exception of a very friendly lady extremely short-mouthed, not to say unfriendly. It's Paris and yes, prices are high, but this hotel is clearly overpriced for what it is. I had an "executive" room and it was one of the tiniest I had since a long time. Last, the WIFI reception was terrible.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The toilet part of bathroom is seperate like in many french homes and quite small and not easy to fit in.

Excellent location, friendly staff, comfy bad. Room was clean, shower was great. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but there are countless cafes, boulangeries, restaurants right on the boulevard. Very close to metro and attractions.

Only 4 stops from train station Gare du Nord, 3 minutes...

Only 4 stops from train station Gare du Nord, 3 minutes walking from the RER stop and 5 from the metropolitan line stop. Very comfortable bed, clean room and welcoming staff. The hotel is located very close to the Lussemburg gardens, is very central and walking distance from the main attractions in Paris. I definitely recommend it.

Accommodating Staff - a room change was made at the...

Initial room's bathtub high off the floor and could pose a fall risk to a senior citizen. First bedroom quite tight in space, refrigerator did not cool (I kept forgetting to mention to Staff). Street noises very noticeable in a front bedroom overlooking the Blvd. Public transportation quite confusing to one who is new to Paris.

Accommodating Staff - a room change was made at the initiation of front desk Second bedroom larger in size with a bathroom shower. Loved being in the midst of the Left Bank with all the restaurants and public transportation. Access to Suburban Train RER B which comes from CDG Airport. (Port Royal Station about a block away.) Ability to walk everywhere. Metro stop Vavin just a couple of blocks down the Blvd. du Montparnasse La Closerie des Lilas Restaurant at corner is a lively place with wonderful Chocolate Profiteroles. Cafe Mont at Blvd. Raspail has delicious mushroom omelets.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Excellence all around!

It seems like everything closes early in the area but that seems to be because it is an upscale neighborhood.

Hotel was squeaky clean. All the staff was so friendly. Very nicely decorated.

Love the Novanox and the staff

Could not find anything. Would stay again.

Loved the location, friendliness of Rosy and Lillian. Absolutely great people and helpful in every way possible. They felt like family. We wish to extend our greatest sympathies to the hotel staff in this latest attach on Paris. We were the tourist walking around the Champ de Elsees about three weeks before this attach. We love you all, from United States. Steve and Jean Lundberg

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great deal!

No complaints!

Rosie at the front desk was the best part of our stay. She was so kind and helpful! We had a few personal issues while traveling and she could not have been more helpful or kind. All of the staff was great, but she was the best! Hotel was very clean and bathroom was modern. It was pretty quiet and in a lovely neighborhood. Would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Good location with many restaurants and bars in walking...

Reception staff didn't seem to be particularly interested in guests or their stay.

Good location with many restaurants and bars in walking distance. Easy to get everywhere with 3 metro/RER stops in walking distance. Comfortable beds and big rooms for Paris.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great place for a Paris city break.

We were very satisfied with our stay so no negative points.

Friendly staff. Very clean hotel in an excellent location. Lots of bars and restaurants in the vicinity.Close to train and metro stations.

The hotel is in a good location, the room was clean and with...

The room doors are thin and close automatically making a lot of noise, so I was awaken up by the automatic slamming of my neighbors. There was not enough room (around the bed) int he room to place a yoga mat or do any exercises.

The hotel is in a good location, the room was clean and with all the essentials. The bed was big for a single occupancy and comfortable and the shower very pleasant - despite the small size.

A short walk to the catacombs, a fair walk to Notre Dame, an easy commute via metro to anywhere else

they asked me to pay (again) at check-out but this was resolved when they found the payment from Booking.com that they had not registered. Luckily i had the email confirming payment.

It had a bath which is great after queuing in -2 degree snow for the catacombs.

did not have breakfast at the hotel, so can't comment

Elevator too small-- only my bags fit, had to walk the steps up to 4th floor. Room was too hot/open window too noisy.

did not have breakfast at the hotel, so can't comment

Great location for that price!

Furniture should be renewed. No sound isolation in the building. Small elevator (Not a huge deal!)

Location was just perfect. (Probably one of the best in that price) Quick response of hotel personnel to complaints. (I asked for a quilt instead of blanket which was the standard and it was changed immediately)

Weekend for couple

Small but lovely room with softly comfortable king bed, very good brakfast, staff was very kind and nice. Location is near to two underground stations, so it´s easy to get everywhere you want to. I can really recommand this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Great price for comfort and location

Tiny elevator, takes forever to go up It looks a bit dingy in the stairs area, but the rooms themselves were great.

Friendly front desk Great Wi-fi Good bed

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great location, great staff, very nice place to stay in.

Elevator was small, can only fit 1 person with 2 pieces of luggage.

Staff was very friendly, located walking distance to 2 metro stations. Lots of restaurants nearby, and a bakery that opened early was right beside the hotel.

Browse Hôtel Novanox traveller photo gallery