Reviews of Novotel Cannes Montfleury 4 stars

25 Avenue Beauséjour, La Californie Pezou, 06400 Cannes, France

#91 of 103 hotels in Cannes

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The hotel had everything that we needed - balcony, swimming pool, good air-conditioning, restaurant which served a good breakfast, plus it had a free shuttle service into the town which was great as the hotel is situated on a hill. It's about a 10/15min walk to the croisette.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

As soon as you came up to the 2nd floor there was a strange odour and everything looked really dated. In need of a refurb!

Lovely location on a hill, 20 mins walk into town

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The room we had was tired and in need of refurbishment but perfectly usable

Good location, great facilities. Pool area very good, gym. Quiet and relaxing.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Breakfast wasn't great, the rooms were really dated. I paid 427 euros for 3 nights' stay and 2 days after when i was on booking.com the same room was on advertised for 327 euros. When I contacted the property regarding this crazy gap in pricing i was told that it was because i paid for breakfast & tax. i was sure i didn't book breakfast though and when i arrived in cannes at the reception they told me they had no record of me paying for breakfast. had to explain the whole issue. then at check out i was asked to pay for breakfast and tax again and the person checking me out was not happy with the fact that i refused to pay again and made me feel very uncomfortable. on the paperwork she presented it said that the room charge was 87 euros per night - how did i get to pay 427 will remain a mystery. i had a really bad experience with this hotel and i would have used other novotels before for work so i was very surprised with that. some staff were very helpful and some weren't pleasant to deal with. the property was a good walking distance to the center.

the pool area was really nice - the only good point about the property

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Access to my room was very frustrating. I was booked for three nights and had to go to reception on a number of occasions as the card didn't work even after I had been down two floors and had it reactivation - yet another journey. On my final visit they gave me a new card which ought to have been done long before.

The food was very good with a wide choice. The room was bigger than I had expected as I was having a standard double. Very comfortable with toiletries provided and fridge in room.

• Family Room - Hill Side

We noticed the bed was broken on our first night. I brought this to the staffs attention and was told they would replace the bed. This didn’t happen so I said I want a refund as I was extremely unhappy. I was told a manager would call me, I’m still waiting 4 weeks later.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The area is a bit quiet which is a good thing too but when heading to the beach or a good bistro you have to walk a few kilometres.

A peaceful, tidy and cozy hotel. All the rooms are with the view which was a big plus. Having a slow breakfast at the balcony of our room was a great way to start the day.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

On arrival, the access to the Dinning Room, and pool area was only my stairs. No guess lift access for wheelchairs or baby buggies!. =The access was by a Service Lift and quarters, which were neither clean or well signed. The Manager was aware that this wasn't up to standard, and building plans were implace to alter the access from the reception area. A discount was offered and acepted

Staff and Manarger willing to listen and put right the problems we encountered.

The double bed in the room for two - would be better with a king size bed.

The pool area and the family rooms. Nice bar area and restaurant. Staff very helpful.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The scramble eggs were quite dry.

the sunbeds were very comfortable and had like an extra shed on the top of your head that you can adjust. Very useful during hit waves ! We liked the fitness room and Hamam and it was very clean.

• Family Room - Hill Side

The hotel furniture has been replaced in the lobby area (We visited twice in August last year). The new items are not as luxurious looking. The shower heads in both our rooms this year were blocked, so water pressure was low. I checked by removing the shower head. Didn't appreciate the music by the pool.

The hotel is very clean, and the food good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Hotel is set in beautiful grounds. It has a great pool too.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

It's one of my worst hotel booking. We reached to the hotel 21:00 and we used to stay in the lobby for more than 30 minutes.

Maybe the swimming pool.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

Access to everything including the lift depends on the key cards that don't work. No food on Friday evenings (not even a sandwich or room service) except for a 40 euro buffet. No bar snacks. The hotel is too far from Cannes centre, steeply uphill. So many negative things to say...

Disappointing, badly managed chain hotel that's more like a prison camp than a holiday camp. It was a classy place 25 years ago but now it's horrible

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The hotel looked like a flat in a bad neighbourhood. Also the inside was strongly outdated and not in a good state. The room was not clean. I recommend to search further for a other hotel.

Breakfast was ok. That was really all.

Nightmare

Horor! The staff was very rude and impolit. I have a big car and they suggested to park it in the garage and i damaged the roof because it was to big for the garage and all they said was well what can you do! And charged me the garage! Everything is extremely dirty and it is disgusting to walk barefoot in the room.. and i could hear the traffic like i was sleaping outside...they ruined my holiday..

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The rooms were really dated - air con very very poor condition and air temperature very poor. The worst for me was a very bad smell in the room. When we asked to change room the staff mentioned that there was recent renovation work and all rooms were the same. They offered to spray perfume into the air con!!! For a four star hotel - unacceptable. We made every excuse to be out of our rooms and just came back to sleep the three nights we were there.

The staff were extremely helpful professional and courteous. Fantastic team.

We had requested for the two rooms to be close to each other as the children were in one room and we were in another. This did not happen. Luckily our children are that bit older so it wasn't such a big deal but there were families all together in one room and our children could have being given one of those rooms closer to the elevator when the staff were allocating rooms. Where families can be accommodated in the one room - it isn't such a big deal but in our case we needed two rooms when travelling with older children. The air conditioning in our room 109 was of poor standard and did not operate to the same level as that in the children's room 149. Coming from a cool climate like Ireland, going to a hot climate like it was in Cannes - you need fully functioning air conditioning. If these couple of things could have being sorted I would have rated the hotel very highly.

It has a lovely swimming pool. We used the Wellness Centre which was a treat.

• Family Room - Hill Side

Not enough staff at pool bar and breakfast restaurant to deal with guests in a timely manner. Pool is not great for kids; shallowest part is 1.6 meteres.

Staff quite friendly with good English.

Swimming pool dirty. Aircon in the room didn't work. Kept asking to repair for 3 days- no result. Breakfast area dirty. Looks like they are unable to cope with the volume.Hotel lacks ambience in general. Could have created more facilities/activities for kids. Plenty of unused space!!!

• Family Room - Hill Side

Rude, impolite, indifferent and inattentive staffs. Bad customers services. Room was old with clear sign of wears and tears. Bed was uncomfortable. Hotel foyer and corridors was humid and stuffy. No AC in the hotel faculties apart. from the bedroom. Lounge, flyers, waiting areas etc was uncomfortable.

the swimming pool

• Family Room - Hill Side

The room was very old, stained carpet, but fortunately quite chilled for the hot weather.

I loved the view from my room facing the hills and having breakfast near the pool.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

On the first night the air conditioning was not working. The location is also a bit far from city center.

The pool was great and there was lots of breakfast options available. The room was good and clean.

No real complaints

This was my 6th visit to the hotel. It is good value for money, the location is good, the staff friendly and the facilities, meet my needs.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

They didn't make it clear that you have to pay a €200 deposit on a credit card, when you leave they then release the funds back to your credit card but this takes around 7 working days.

There is a nice pool which is fairly quiet and well maintained. The food was very good. Although parking is offered (for a charge) there is normally free parking right outside the hotel. And as it's the French Riviera, there are posh cars everywhere so felt safe.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Nice location and nice size pool with a relaxed feel and not too bad value for Cannes however the Service is not great for a 4 star hotel. On arrival for example I went to the pool only to be told they didn't have any beach towels. Only after insisting a manger be called did I get given a room towel. There are other examples but this was typical of the stay overall. Bar was nearly always closed. and the air con in the reception/public areas was poor.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

All was ok except for one silly detail. We were asked to pay for a new small bottle of Mineral Water the next day, something that comes as standard (water refill) in 4- star hotels. Its not about the water or the 3euros, but about the principle.

Poolside room with balcony overlooking the pool. Also 2km from center of Cannes (night life), but because its on a hillside, You go to center downhill (easier), if tired just need to catch uber back to hotel ;)

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

Bar way to overpriced. Shuttle service not efficient enough. Why no service provided between 12 and half 5? Reception staff helpful but not familiar with tourist activities such as water park yours etc. Bar food overpriced. Little selection

Loved bedroom,cleaning staff brilliant. Lovely balcony view. Excellent breakfast Nice pool

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

It was so under staffed. There was a bar man at the pool only for 2 days so people helped themselves to drink. There was nobody at bar at night upstairs as they had to deal with restaurant as well. The shuttle stopped at 9.30 when you are supposed to go out and have a nice meal. The shuttle stopped at the most quiet place behind station which is not a nice place to wait.

Yes but very under staffed. Felt sorry for the staff.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Staff at breakfast were somewhat abrupt and non receptive, as items ran out and took too long to be replenished.

Lovely location, nice foyer, friendly check in staff at reception, great pool facility

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

A very small thing, but would have liked china cups in room rather than paper, but not a real problem. Also, our room had connecting doors and on the second night children were staying in the room we were connected to and their parents were in the room the other side of us, so we were sandwiched between the children and parents. The children were slamming doors and going back and forth to parents room through the night 1am to 3am and making a lot of noise as children can do. However, when we told reception in the morning, they immediately moved us to another room (which also assisted the family, as the parents of the children then moved into our room with connecting doors to their children's room). I would request in future not to have a room with connecting doors.

There was plenty of variety for breakfast.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The AC in the room was not working properly and blew warm air only. This hotel needs a deep renovation, the room was old and smelt like smoke. Breakfast is poor regarding fruit choice and only one (slow) coffee machine was working.

Waffles for breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The man who checked us in did not know how to use the card machine. He wasn't helpful at all. He had said he didn't want to lose his job just because we couldn't pay the pre authorization which I understood but he posed no possible solutions. It was our problem not his!! We tried to offer cash to pay for the pre authorization (which was 350 for 5 days) and he said he couldn't take that. He said both our cards wouldn't work we needed to give him another card. We didn't have one. I said I could get credit card details and he said he would need the physical card to use it. This obviously is not true. Eventually my partner explained that he didn't and we got a friend of ours to call the hotel and give him their credit card details so he could pre authorize their card. He took the payment over the phone... BUT FOR ZERO EURO! He hung up and told us he made a mistake and didn't pre authorize for 350 euro and we'd need to sort out something else. " I need another card" he said. We were out of options. I was very upset as it was after 11:30 at night and he had told us even though we paid for our room we couldn't use it until we paid the pre authorization (We had a no cancellation policy also). I offered cash, I called a friend. We didn't know what else we were meant to do. He had said he didn't want to lose his job just because we couldn't pay the pre authorization which I understood but he posed no possible solutions. It was our problem not his!! We asked for the manager but he wasn't around. Eventually he said' I am not a terrible person, I will let you stay tonight but you must pay tomorrow". I was sick with worry that night worrying if we would have somewhere to stay for the rest of our holiday. My partner went down the next morning to a woman on reception who said' My colleague made a mistake and charged the card for zero euro but if you allow me I will charge it now", and that was it..

The room was lovely, clean towels everyday. We had a hillside balcony view which was lovely. It's about a 10/15 minute walk to any shops so it may not be suitable for non walkers. The bar man in the lobby was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Family Room - Hill Side

They didn't have double beds and my wife and I had to sleep on single beds. The room was reasonable size but at times felt claustrophobic. Breakfast was okay but I have had better - not enough hot food.

Staff were nice and helpful especially because we had a baby they took extra care of us. Location wise was not too bad but had to walk 10 mins to get to the beach. Overall pleaseant and safe stay.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

We didn't like anything about the hotel. We were struggling to get a booking in Cannes due to the film festival and Monaco Grand Prix. We chose Novatel due to a pleasant experience in Monaco. The bed was so uncomfortable we asked for it to be changed. It was changed but wasn't a huge improvement.

Not much to like about the hotel. Very disappointing. Work was being carried out on the hotel and banging starts at 7:30 am. Terrible water pressure in the shower. Very narrow bath. The decor was old, curtains don't fit to keep out light. Walkway carpets smelt damp and musty. It was a pleasure to leave.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Reception has only one receptionist, some times two.

It good hotel, nice view if you select pool view room. Breakfast is normal, stuff is good. Location is not so strong side. To the festival building without taxi or shuttle is hard to reach la Croissette.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The Front Desk Manager is not helpful at all, though other staff are quite OK. The air-conditioning is not working well. The shower is not strong, the toilet flush sometimes work & sometimes not working

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Family Room - Hill Side

Choice of food limited, especially at lunch time. No light options, especially for kids, mainly full dinners. When we arrived we had dinner in the restaurant by the pool which was nice and relaxing and felt like we were on holidays. Then they had a work convention and holiday guests weren't allowed to use that restaurant anymore, banished to a dull room beside the bar. If you went out to the balcony (concrete view) it was overrun by pigeons.

nice swimming pool, kids loved the x-box in the lobby,, nice sauna, gym handy because I could complete a run in air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Swimming pool refreshing Maids spoke English Food was good

Beds uncomfortable Few staff speak fluent English Spa unattended Staff unable to tell us bus schedules

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

we've been really disappointed, breakfast was poor, the smell of the dishes and all the service was awful. staff not bad, but not charming. The hotel must be classified less than 4 stars.

• Family Room - Hill Side

Not enough space. More expensive than others from Novotel. The swimming pool chairs were always full.

15 minutes walking to the beach and best part of Cannes but on the way back is up in a hill. Nice swimming pool and good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Family Room - Hill Side

Location - it's quite a long walk into the city centre in Cannes. The reception staff were slightly dismissive upon arrival - i don't think it was her fault that the phone kept ringing but there should be more staff available so customers are dealt with properly.

The pool was nice, but cold. The balcony was nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Would have preferred a double bed rather than two singles sandwiched together. Also, we enjoy doing some lounging at the pool whilst on holiday but there was a shortage of available loungers due to families occupying multiple beds, so we did very little lounging this time!

The lemon water arrival drink was a lovely touch! Room clean and comfortable. Loved the balcony. Really helpful staff - a particular strength of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The rooms weren't cleaned properly Never got fresh towels on the second day-had to ask for them Also asked for bedsheets to be changed after a few days Breakfast was just ok- food could be improved slightly

Staff

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

Paper cups in room for tea. The kettle didn't work properly and the WiFi was not great although free.

The breakfast was good and the pool very good.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Family Room - Hill Side

Bedrooms and corridors are dated but were an adequate size for family with 2 children and are clean. Balcony was lovely. Key cards for the room were needed for the lift but sometimes they didn't work- minor issue.

The location was great as it is located about 1 km from La Coisette beach. Staff were really helpful It was great to be able to lounge and relax by the pool. The restaurant was perfect for breakfast and lunch. Also a shuttle bus runs every 30 mins to the centre of the old town.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The hotel was very clean, beautiful views of the garden and the pool. We booked a family room as we were travelling with a 5 year old and 2 year old. The staff left our children a teddy bear and a game. They also pulled out the sofa bed and they made it into two single beds.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Cleanliness in bedroom poor. Asked for toilet to be re cleaned. General cleanliness poor around common parts and lifts.

Courtesy bus convenient to get into Cannes. Slightly out of main croisette area but had space and a good pool area. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Bad location, 10-15min walk to down town. Check-in took 20-25min and no information given why it took so long. Room was not ready until 3pm.

Ok standard and clean

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Family Room - Hill Side

Shuttle could have been more frequent. Should not have plastic cups in the bathroom. No more plastic please. Paper cups in main room unusual but ok I suppose.

Good pool. Comfy bed. Good temperature

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

The AC doesnt work well. Continuously disturbing weird sound in the ventilation system in the bathroom. The technician came twice and the final answer was: we can do nothing.

Close walk (15mins) to the croisette. Nice garden and pool view from the balcony. Room service was good.

perfect

Décor a bit dated

everything

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

I booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to 341 with a sheltered balcony and a view to die for.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

The heating was not working so the room was cold as was the common areas

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

No Coffee machine in the room.

Room needs upgrades!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Non operational restaurant during the day time, No room service till 7 pm, bar opens after 6 pm.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Old property needs renovation.

Close to the center but in a relaxed residential area.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Internet was slow and unworkable no pool towels at pool The restaurant food was pretty bad with old bread

Room was good and shower

I liked all

• Family Room - Hill Side

Parking in front of hotel was free, this is std business hotel a far a way from city. Standard clean corporate hotel.

• Executive Double Room

Hotel needs to be refreshed. Rooms are from 80's

The view,the garden & swimming pool. It was close to the downtown (20 minutes walk)

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

There was a hair on the bathroom floor and breakfast could better

Nice environment

The live jazz was good

The paid breakfast was full of variety

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

Condition of the facility, upgrade needed. - Staffing (number and quality)

Location: Within walking distance of Cannes centre - Relaxed athmosphere

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The restaurant dinner and service was poor.

The pool had an attendant who could supervise behavior.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The shower was very poor.

Quiet, comfortable room, clean and tidy.

• Standard Double Room - Garden and Pool Side

Breakfast was excellent, staff where very helpful. Room was very clean

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Hotel very and had seen much investment for a while. Pictures on website are no longer representative.

Problems with lifts. Poor English

Swimming pool. Friendly staff. Easy access to Antibes avenue and railway station.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

The hotel is a bit outdated.

Breakfast is ok. Good size swimming pool. Located in a relaxed area in a walking distance to the city centre.

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Staff, comfort, room and bath size.

small beds

very good brekfast easy to walk to cannes center nice and clean comfy rooms

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Double Room - Hill Side

Staff in all areas - reception restaurant and bedroom staff were very nice