Reviews of Novotel Macon Nord 4 stars

420 route de Saint Martin Belle Roche, 71000 Mâcon, France

#13 of 22 hotels in Mâcon

Restaurant was very expensive and was poor food. Drinks were very expensive, and the breakfast in the morning was very basic. Not what I'm use to of a Novotel. The decor needs updating and out of the 1980's!

Beds were comfortable. Staff were helpful

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Our room seemed to be the furthest from reception. Difficult to turn on the shower. Had to get room service to come and do it.

The best breakfast going. Easy access to the motorway.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Bar staff were not very happy. Seemed a bit rude. Rooms and bathrooms were ok but dated.

Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Great location just off the motorway for overnight stop over.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

The lady on reception who was checking me out of the hotel and then stopped midway to have a conversation with another guest witing behind me. Why couldn’t she just finish dealing with me and then deal with the next guest?!

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The evening meal was mixed. Start and dessert were good, but the entrecôte steak / frites was dreadful. Meat was tough and sinewy and rather tasteless and the frites were over cooked and the oil used was dirty. The lady at the next table also had the entrecote and it was charred so badly she sent it back. We were not offered the meal plan offered on Booking.com. When I pointed it out to reception the following morning, I was told it was just what Booking.com put on the advert and told that if I had wanted my steak tender, I should have asked for it enseignant, as that is The only way to get it tender. No-one in the dining room suggested that to me.

Room was good, breakfast choice excellent. Hotel building is old and looks in need of a facelift.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Evening meal was good but not freshly cooked if that is what you would prefer. Hotel great for overnight stops, but doesn't lend itself to younger children (ie running around spaces) if you needed to kill time there in the day.

Great value, excellent location by motorway when travelling through France. Breakfast was very good, lots of choice and high quality. Friendly staff.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

I was very unhappy with my bookings. com experience. I am 99% certain that I did not book a pre-paid room but that's what I was told when I arrived. (And the price I paid was higher than the price listed at the hotel!). Also, when I had to leave a day early because a closed section of the autoroute in France would have made it impossible for me to drive to the Geneva airport the next morning, I was charged for this last night, even though I was able to give the hotel plenty of advance notice. Unless bookings.com reimburses me for this seventh night of my trip, I will not be using the website in the future. Steve Tanzer

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The rooms and communal areas all looked very tired as did the outside of the hotel. The carpets looked fairly dirty. The dinner in the restaurant was acceptable but nothing special. The hotel is very expensive for what it offers.

Excellent position near the motorway and easy to find. We were travelling from Brussels to near Aix en Provence so the location was perfect.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed and One Sofa Bed

Aircon didn't work very well, but we were able to open the window.

Bed excellent (we had a de luxe double). Property clean and attractive inside although the outside looks very dull. Restaurant bright and well run, plenty of staff and good service. Menu basic but adequate and good sized serves.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Very large room with seperate toilet, large comfy bed, easy parking, good restaurant, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. Rather for business or staying overnight

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

We booked a Superior Room, but due to limited availability we were informed by phone that they didn't have any room unless a Superior Room with disabled access was all right - Good customer service there. Water from the shower sprayed all over the bathroom floor - perhaps a curtain to prevent water splashing out too far may be ideal? Not much view out of the window apart from onto the car park, but this is expected for a ground floor room.

Friendly staff at reception at all times, with complimentary bottle of water. At check-out, we were provided with another complimentary bottle of water, which was nice. Superior room as expected for a Novotel.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

A little more modern in design. Hide the Operational rooms from guests. Bedding and cleaning rooms were left with the doors open.

The Location was excellent for the purpose of an overnight stop to the South Of France. The hotel was next to a Refugee camp - which the Sat-Nav originally took us to. The room was clean, but a little dated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms where bedding was being cleaned was open and on display - would have been nice to hide this from the guests. Breakfast was great.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Very busy stop over hotel, but the food in the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast was also very good. The pool was far too busy with young children for teenagers to use. Great wifi.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed and One Sofa Bed

The hotel was situated within plenty of grounds which was ideal for exercising our dog. The buffet breakfast was great . Also location of hotel was just of the main A6 motorway.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The corridors were just really run down and with people smoking in the fire exits as you went along, the atmosphere simply wasn't very uplifting after a long journey. The finish time for breakfast is actually the time they start clearing things away and I think this could be made a little clearer for the benefit of both clients and staff.

The location is super, if you are heading South from England. Very easy to find off the motorway. All the staff were extremely helpful. There was a particularly lovely older waiter in the restaurant for whom nothing was too much trouble.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

We've been visiting the Novotel Macon for a few years now and it's looking a little dated, tired and in need of a freshen up and re-paint perhaps

Convenient with good facilities, close to motorway

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The whole hotel looks old and feels tired. I really did not like the paper cups for tea and coffee in the room.

The location directly off the auto route in sight of the péage was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant doesn't rip you off and serves a reasonable evening meal.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Very pricey for what it is. The place is more than a little tired, some strange smell lingers around the stairwell too!

ideal stop off en-route to the South, swimming pool and play area for the children.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Somewhat pricey for what it is. The breakfast is abundant but the quality of food is just average. We felt like we were overpaying for breakfast.

The hotel is nicely located, with a very good parking and friendly personnel. We arrived just before midnight and were very well welcomed.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The hotel and staff poor other than the head waiter who admitted that my meal had obviously been pre-cooked some hours before it was served.

Booking 3rd July. I book perhaps 40 rooms nights per year through Booking.com in my own name, and as lance westender (facebook), and I rarely comment on hotels as I am in the business and deal with you professionally (currently I am a director of Princes Street suites in Edinburgh), but the Novotel at Macon Nord was the pits. The place desperately needs investment, and should not be branded as a Novotel. I would say that it was built in the 1980s, and has not benefitted from investment inside or outside since then. The food served in the restaurant was not edible, and the Maitre D' brought me some complementary cheese and bread in place of the meal. The remote didn't work, and they volunteered to change it, and then gave me the same remote back, which still didn't work. When I returned to reception, a lady was on night duty. When I complained about the remote, and the fact that her colleagues had simply given me the broken remote back, she told me "not to say another word"! On departure I asked to see the manager, but was told that he was not around. I told them to cancel my return booking on the 11th July and asked for my money back, which they said they were not authorized to do. You will see that on the 11th July I booked into the Ibis budget at Nuits St. Georges instead, and so have paid their company for two hotels on the same night. The Ibis budget was good value and thoroughly comfortable. Considerably better than the Novotel in Macon. I paid 79 Euros for not staying in the Novotel Macon Nord, and I would like that money to be returned. Anything you can do to achieve that would be appreciated. Basically there was a general lack of love at the Novotel. Poor staff, and a very poor facility. All the best Mac

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

nothing worth reporting other than refurbishment at some point but I would still recommend it to any traveller

perfect stopover everything perfect

• Superior Room with One Double Bed and One Sofa Bed

Evening meal was the worst meal I have ever been served with in a Hotel anywhere. Melon starter was old probably kept in fridge for a few days. Pork was cooked until solid and hardly able to cut or chew. Very tough steak. poor vegetables. Just don't eat there in the evenings.

Good breakfast. Nice small trolley for luggage (Shame no lift to 1st floor)

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

The bed was a bit big for the space provided, no room around it.

The food was good, comfortable bed & friendly staff. Easy to find just off the autoroute

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Had to change room due to dirty water coming out the bath tap. Had a slug crawling across the carpet in the morning when I woke up in the new room. This was disgusting.i was also unaware that dogs were allowed to stay in this hotel. Our room smelt of dogs when the Air conditioning was turned off. Restaurant food was OK but the staff brought the starter and main courses out at the same time and put them on the table next to each other. The staff also got our table and another's mixed up as they came out together. They also allowed dogs into the restaurant to sit with their owners. Very poor experience all round.

The entrance looked good. A real shame the accommodation was very tired and in need of renovation.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

It is getting a bit tire, needs renovation. We stayed earlier in Novotel Beaune which is quite new and therefore a lot better and it was 20%cheaper

good location, restaurant good.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Although it was classed as non smoking..there was a distinct smell of smoke. Not able to regulate air con so too hot. Chipped furniture. Scruffy carpet. Very disappointing for the money.

Pleasant staff. Easy location just off autoroute.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Superior Room with One Double Bed and One Sofa Bed

dogs should have rooms were the dogs have not been in, like the days of non smoking rooms

Swimming pool clean, good grounds with play equipment for my four children to burn there steam off after 6hrs drive games for kids was good to leave me to have nice cold beer

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

the room was depressing, sofa filthy, bed uncomfortable, steaks in restaurant expensive and inedible

convenient to motorway but overpriced compared to identical budget hotels nearby

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Food was poor and very over priced.

Easy access just off motorway. Outdoor swimming pool which was nice after driving all day in the heat. Rooms good. Food was poor and very over priced. Would use again but would drive in to village for dinner.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

The staff was not service oriented we put in our request for a baby bed in our booking and then found out when we were there that we needed to pay for a bigger room. The staff told us next time to pay better attention to the site because it was not a five person room. An arrogant remark that I wouldn't expect as a customer.

Location is ok for one night stay. Close to the highway but not much around. The pool is really small

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Pool is small but didn't matter to us.

Friendly staff,excellent stopover close to autoroute.The hotel was very busy but properly staffed and the restaurant was very busy,always a good sign.Excellent restaurant food and breakfast.Definitely would stop there again.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The amenities are just too basic for a four star hotel. Paper cups for tea making, one tea bag. One plastic bottle of water in the fridge. A style of hairdryer used in the eighties, a melamine sink. There is nothing which resembles a home comfort, just basic practicalities. When we went to eat in the restaurant which we had been told we didn't need to book for, there was a 90 minute wait. In reception as we went out someone was complaining that they had been in the restaurant for 90 minutes and only had their starter.

Location. Easy to find.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Hairdryer did not work. Desk light did not work all the time. Outdated shower.

Good food, good staff and excellant location to the moterway.

Good lay over hotel...

Nothing to improve.

The comfortable bed and the room. The peace and quiet, the food, the staff. Liked it all actually.

Bit high price

Good Location if you’re passing through. Clean room

Play area for grandkids

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

placing an EV charger on the parking woukd make it perfect :)

perfect place for a night during our roadtrip

Sign posting from road.

Superb bed and good to have a bath and separate toilet. Excellent choices atbreakfadt.

nout

on my way home great stop over

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Waiting time in restaurant for breakfast

All ok

Decor a bit dated.

Great restaurant staff and food good. Comfortable beds.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

supervision of young children at breakfast buffet

comfort of room and courtesy of staff

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Evening meal excellent Breakfast could have been better Location when travelling EXCELLENT

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Bath dirty, no vegetarian options on the menu.

dated and shabby

restaurant very good

Bathroom and shower

Facilities

Close to motorway

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

The bedroom is old and worn. Needs to be reburbished

Everything great

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

The price and no secure and covered parking parking.

You know you are going to get a decent hotel with a Novotel, and this was no different.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Perfect location coupled with excellent facilities gives you the ideal stop over

Not cheap

Excellent location for motorway stop. Good but not nothing special.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

the rooms were tired and needed updating

food was good at breakfast ok at dinner

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

the steak at dinner was inedible and the service very average

yes the bed was comfy

Was great

Was very good

Not much

Perfect stop off, easy to find and typical simple Novotel fare.

Bit tired

Ease of access from motorway and surroundings to walk dogs

Speaking english

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

room was fine. Big. Clean. Good choice at breakfast. However dinner was awful. Tasteless and cold.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Sofa bed not comfortable at all . Mattress really old

Double bed really comfy

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

great location for traveling on the A6, very lose to Motorway, yet very quite. Swimming pool is a nice bonus. Food was ok too.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Fish and Chips was disgusting.

Breakfast was very good. Perfect for kids.

Overall nothing to dislike

Kids loved the pool after a long day in the car.

• Superior Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Friendly staff lovely food and great room

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Poor food in the restaurant- not surprisingly there were a few complaints

Convenient location on long drive through France to Italy

very helpful and supporting Service

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Not great choice in restaurant. Bathroom neefing updating.

Bed lovely .bedroom nice size and clean. Sraff friendly

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Breakfast and close to the highway

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & One Sofa Bed

Food was excellent - we had dinner and breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Superior Room with One Double Bed and One Sofa Bed

the bed was super comfy breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

Great location for breaking up trip from Calais to the Alps, just off the A6 and super breakfast. brealfas

• Standard Room with One Double Bed & 2 Single Beds

I was happy with everything

Staff were very helpful and friendly