Reviews of Novotel Marne La Vallee Noisy Le Grand 4 stars

2 Allée Bienvenue, 93160 Noisy-le-Grand, France

#6 of 12 hotels in Noisy-le-Grand

Very disappointed.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

No air conditioning. Highly unsafe windows - the windows open fully and given we were 7 floors up I genuinely felt unsafe especially as we needed to keep the window open as the room was so hot (see no air conditioning). There were no safety catches on the windows. Bar service was rude. We have stayed at the adjacent Ibis before - it is better value for money. On one side of the bed there was an 8 inch gap and no bedside table. Very disappointed in this Novotel - had higher expectations.

Convenient for travelling into Paris. Good swimming pool. Comfy bed.

Somehow acceptable
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Clogged sink in the shower, extremely rude and nervous guy in the bar (otherwise staff perfect), absolutely no AC in the room (although, after complaining, they claimed they have a ventilation system which is being repared at the moment - but in our room in our 4 days did not work at all) so it was hell to sleep in the room.

Good value for money, good RER connection to Disneyland and downtown Paris, fast check-in and check-out.

The staff is very nice

Breakfast options No Air conditioning

The staff is very nice The location is good between Paris and Disney The location is quiet and close to Mall and Carrefour

It was VERY clean.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

It was very difficult to see where to park your vehicle to check in to the hotel. Also, either the air conditioner did not work, or mutt room did not have one.

It was VERY clean.

...well, there was a bed and a shower...that's it...no experience to remember
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Hotels in Paris (and France generally) are compared to other large EU cities very small, outdated, and not so clean as in other large cities. Novotel is also an overpriced Ibis...which in most cases is better nowadays as they have upgraded many of these Ibis.

It's actually a short stay hotel for mainly business people
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

1) There is no link between the underground car park and the hotel reception , so in rainy days you will get soaking wet 2) The walk to the train station wasn't a nice one!

The reception staff being helpful The room on the 9th floor

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Great value.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The rooms could do with a refurbishment and the installation of AC that can lower the temp.

Does what it says. Great location for staying the night before Disney Paris.

Basic hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Certainly not 4* and you can tell right away. Staff were not that friendly. Room is very very basic I’d rather pay more to stay in a nicer hotel really

It’s in a good location in regards to an rer station being a 5 minute walk away and then it’s only a half an hour to Disney and a half an hour to Paris central. It is a quiet hotel. The girl who checked us in was nice.

The breakfast was not ok.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was not ok. We had to ask for refill. The staff wasn't friendly. When we came there we booked 4 rooms. At the desk they told us that only one room was booked. I had my documentation en we got 3 rooms for smokers. I asked for non smoking rooms. We did get the rooms but this was a surprise at the desk

Beds were super comfortable.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Windows open wide with no protection, better watch out with children. Carpet floor in the room was dirty. Multi soap dispenser was never refilled in 5 days when the beds were made almost daily. Area between hotel and train station at night can be alarming. Be aware of your surroundings and people.

Beds were super comfortable. Unlike the photos in Booking.com, my room came with a daybed and trundle instead of a pullout couch which was a bonus. Toilet and shower was separated. Breakfast was good. Small area with arcade games which kids enjoyed. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Can reach the RER A station through the mall across the hotel during the day and is also possible at night but finding the right exit is hard. No shuttle to the airport but hotel offers private taxi service at a fixed rate, if anyone wants to save the hassle of transferring.

Very dirty bedroom, housekeeping very poor, there is no...
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Very dirty bedroom, housekeeping very poor, there is no hotel staff except people working at the reception. Iron was stolen by someone from the laundary room and never replaced. Even had prob getting tea cups

Good location but services needs to improve.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The restaurant service was not good. Breakfast didn't had many choices, usually food ran out by 9.00am although the service is till 10.30am. Really understaffed. Not many staff spoke English in the restaurant. In the evening also the restaurant closed by 10.30pm. On our last day of the stay just had to be content with some croissant and some tea. Half of the time had to wait for the eggs to be fried. All in all, the restaurant service needs to improve. In the room, Complimentary water was just on the first day. Then for 3 days we had to get our own. In one of the rooms, the locker was not working. The quilt cover was torn in our room. And had not been changed.

The Location was good. Very near to the RER stations. Good links to Disneyland Paris and Paris. Got a big mall just opposite to the property.

Except for the check-in incident, it was not bad. Fair price.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

We arrived at 1 o'clock AM (night) with 2 childrens. Although we were the only clients, we had to wait 40 minutes at the reception because the receptionist told us that our booking reservation did not appear into their system. Despite the fact that I gave him our booking confirmation, our identity papers and we were very tired, that not helped us at all! We goot the room only (at his request) after I forwed to him the email received from booking with the confirmation of our reservation. In addition, the receptionist asked for my credit card and wrote the card details, despite the fact that our stay were already paid in advance on booking! It was an offer: not annulled, non-refundable, paid in advance. "As a guarantee", that's what he told me. I did not like it at all!

breakfast, bed, quiet.

My stay was comfortable.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Noise from repair works. The hitel still operates smooking policy on 8th Floor.We were not asked if we preferred 8th Floor which is smoking floor before allocation. We were reallocated a non smoking floor later

The photos that are shown on the website is untrue for...
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The photos that are shown on the website is untrue for example the lobby of the hotel looks horrible because the hotel is under refurbishment. My kids were heartbroken to see the lobby which is entirely different from the photos shown on the hotel's website. My husband and I were very disappointed and stressed. The receptionist could not even give us a trolley to help us with our suitcases. It was very frustrating! We were eating breakfast and we could hear loud hammering and drilling noises. It was not a welcoming way to have breakfast. We have planned and saved for our holiday for two years and to experience that disappointment is heartbreaking! The money we paid for the hotel is not worth it and very disappointing. The amount of stress we felt during our stay was enormous. Booking.com should have informed us that the hotel is currently under refurbishment so we could have chosen another Novotel. This horrible experience would put us off in getting booking.com in the future.

Bed sheet are dirty and itchy.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Bed sheet are dirty and itchy. No toiletries provided like small soap to use in washing the hands. I have to ask in the reception a paper cup to use for our coffee which i brought it with me. Carpets are dirty

Poor
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The hotel was nice but they need to focus more on the clearance... the food stayed infront of our door for 3 days our room they didn’t clean it well after we asked them to do so, the restaurant was close for almost all the time... nobody cared

the only benefit that we were near the mall.

Front desk staff got to know us because we stayed for so long, they were attentive to our needs and
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

We were there 12 days. Ran out of toilet paper, etc. Had to ask front desk for replacements because.cleaning lady just did not do. Although I saw some of the really gross rooms she had to clean and did not envy her job. The conference area is older, there are many stains on the carpets.

Front desk staff were very helpful and professional. Wonderful breakfasts.

Average
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The carpet not clean and the room a bit clustered on one side of the bed which was too close to the wall

Siutable location for the purpose of my business

• Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

Not a 4 star hotel. No aircondition in the room. Carpet was so old and dirty. The walls had dents. Lot of dust in the room most especially in the electric kettle.

Good for Disneyland
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Location- although opposite a shopping centre, we had to find our way through a car park to get into it! Also, the hotel is just a building of a few hotels. It's not on a street with shops, bars and restaurants as I was expecting so there wasn't really anywhere to go on an evening. Also be aware especially if you have children. We were are the 4th floor and the windows open fully!! Not safety catches!

Location was pretty good for getting to Disneyland. About a 15 min walk to the station then a train straight to Disneyland Village. Also easy to get into central Paris. Two adults & one child cost 25 euros return. Hotel was clean, some staff were great, others not so. Breakfast was good too.

Not a four star hotel
    • Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

Despite being advertised as always open in the reception area, the bar and the resturant were closed without warning for 2 days of my stay. On arrival at just after 10, the bar had no food available and I was recommended to go to Mcdonalds. the staff were not interested. The hotel was noisy in the morning for reasons I could not understand. The RER A station in the local shopping centre is very poorly signed and difficult to find and to find the hotel from, very poor signage. This is not a 4star hotel, it is clear and the rain does not come in the room by the service was poor. Breakfast - scrambled eggs was very mushy. Limited array of fruit and other items.

I attended a conference held in the hotel. bed comfortable

Friendly staff good transport to Disney
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Family room on the 9th floor I was able to fully open window i.e. No child lock! Would be easy for a small child to get from sofa bed to open the window

Friendly staff good transport to Disney

Good value for money clean and friendly hotel good breakfast

There was no air con

Comfy bed, walking distance to facilities- shopping centre with supermarket and restaurants, and to the RER train line into Disney and Paris

Good breakfast but the cleanliness of the rooms needs to be looked into
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room we were checked into was not fully prepared. We requested to be changed to another room and noticed our fridge was not fully stocked as the room we were taken to see. We didn't have any bathrobes or enough towels in our checked in room. The room also had dents on the walls and stains on the carpet, behind the door and the walls which were obvious but not cleaned. There was rubbish left outside our room just by the corridor on the second night of our room being cleaned and up until we checked out the rubbish was still there.DISAPPOINTING

I recommend if you dont mind the room being too warm.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

There was no aircondition in the room. It was too warm even with the window open. I requested for a fan and they were reluctant to bring us a tiny fan which didn't help much.we had to check out the following day. couldn't stay for 3 nights. The sink in the bathroom was blocked.

The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was not that great but okay considering the fact that u get to either boil or fry ur eggs yourself. The staff were okay. Outdoor pool for great.

4 star with no AC and 27C in the room when outside it was 21C never again.
    • Executive Double Room

This Hotel has no Air Condition. We arrived and the room was at 27 Celsius - measured with a digital thermometer. They only have a ventilation. We could not sleep all night despite the window open for hours. But when open the noise of the 4 lane motorway is unbearable. Inacceptable for a 4 star hotel with a price of more than 200 Euro per night. Garage is tiny and difficult to get in with a bigger car.

Disappointing, rude staff really let down this hotel and really let down the good staff!
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

I was travelling alone with my 3 children, when we arrived our room was not ready. We had to wait for over 30 mins. We were given a room on the 9th floor I explained I wasn't comfortable with being on the top floor as not good with heights. They would not change our room. When we got to our room I opened the window as it was quite warm, the windows are large square inward opening, they fully open - Seems so dangerous in a family room on the 9th floor!! You can't make the rooms cooler other than opening the windows. There are free bottles of water in the rooms which is a good point. The car park was scary and dark and an alarm was going off, I didn't feel safe there with my children. On the second night we got back after a Disney day at midnight, there were police everywhere, and a security guard I asked if all was okay and was not reassured by the man on reception. I then went to our room and my key didn't work, this happened the day before also. I had to go down and get another key, went up, it didn't work again, was told in a grumpy way that I'd have to wait as it was midnight and the computers had been shut down. Went up again with new key, it still didn't work. The man on reception then came up with a new key, no apology he was just grumpy and treating us like an inconvenience. I then couldn't sleep for hours as was worrying about the noises, the police and the rudeness had upset me. In the morning we had breakfast which was good, we asked reception about the pool and was told it opened at 10am. My 3 children were very excited and went up to get changed we came down asked where the pool door was and we were pointed where to go. We got there and there was a pool vacuum in there! Went back to reception where were told very rudely that they didn't think anyone would swim because it wasn't too warm so they were cleaning it until 12pm! The receptionist, Marianne was so rude.

The location. The shower was very good. Breakfast was well stocked and the staff at breakfast were very friendly and welcoming.

Family fun!
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Room was a little bit snug for a family of four.

Outstanding location for travel to EuroDisney- we were first at the gate! Hotel was very family friendly- the heated outdoor pool was a hit with the kids. Buffet breakfast was excellent value - warm chocolate croissants were a highlight.

Good location, but poor breakfasts
    • Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

Breakfast at the hotel was rather poor. Scrambled eggs from powder, most of the products were very cheap, of poor quality. You also get the impression that more quality products are fake, as only the package is branded, and what is inside are cheap jams, tea, water etc. Croissants and other French "specialties" are also of poor quality, which is kind of disappointing, considering how much money you pay per night to stay in this hotel. I would definitely recommend to stay in this hotel when going with a car to Disneyland, but do not take breakfasts, as you will be disappointed...

Easy access with a car to Disneyland and to Paris as well. In general the hotel was clean and the stuff helpful.

Avoid if you can!!
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The worse hotel experience I ever had. The hotel is really old with dirty, dusty, and smelly carpets. The staff is not friendly at all (except for one lady at the reception). The room AC was not working, could hardly sleep for couple of hours due to heat and sweat. The car parking is also another story, which is in the basement with cramped entrance and exit. The place looks deserted & haunted and the hotel charge 12 Euros/night for parking. Will never stay again in any of the Novotel chain due to bad experience at this particular hotel.

The only positive is that this hotel is near to a shopping mall and train station.

Easy access from the highway.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

Air-conditioning was not working and had to open the window all night for the cooling. Stayed in 9th floor but one of the elevator was not able to push 9 button and had to wait for the different one to come.

Easy access from the highway. 20 min. drive from Disneyland Paris.

Worst stay ever! Old and Dirty!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

This place was dirty and old. It was not as it said. Pool was not nice at all. It looked nothing like the pictures. Had to change rooms twice. First one pluming problem. Second one carpet was filthy. We should have left then but too tired/ Hotel was run down and Also had an entire room on the front of the building that had caught fire and was not repaired yet. Across the street from a Getto! Yes convenient shopping center but scary housing apartment there! Sirens go all night if you are street side. No A/C and it was so hot we couldn't close the windows. Worst experience we have ever had in France!!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

OK, but nothing outstanding
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

On arrival, we followed signs for disabled parking, which take you past the front of the hotel and round to the left. We got to some spaces with fold down barriers and went in to reception to ask (in French) about the having the barriers lowered. We were met with blank stares and when the manager was called because the receptionist couldn't understand what spaces we were referring to, we were told the disabled spaces were in the underground car park, which is exited on foot via a spiral staircase! If you are unable to do stairs, you had to ask at reception for someone to come down and open the service access doors every time you want in/out. Staff were a bit slow to respond to stuff, we didn't feel like there was much customer focus. Reception was often un-staffed, or under-staffed. Bar prices were very high - 2 pints of lager and a can of Fanta came to 19 Euros. To get to the shopping centre on foot you have to go round a huge high-rise housing complex (Espace D'Abraxas) which some people may find daunting - there was discarded furniture and rubbish piled up by the tower blocks, attracting vermin.

Very handy for Disney. Nice to have an outdoor pool, although we didn't use it, we did look out over it and we sat and had a drink on the terrace. Handy too for the shopping centre.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great location within easy reach of Disneyland and Paris centre

Expensive parking and quite tight space getting out if you have a large car (we had an SUV).

Excellent location close to both Disneyland and Paris. Good wi-fi speed.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

6.0
    The temperature could not be regulated in the room.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The temperature could not be regulated in the room. I was told at the reception desk that the thermostat in the room is not functional, as the temperature is centrally regulated.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Excellent!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

At the breakfast you should boiled your own eggs instead of have them boiled from before! This was very annoying because there was only place for 6-8 and the boiling machine was very slow...so you usually need around 15-20 min to boiled them! And further more if you did the mistake to wait for them at you table for sure someone else used to take them and here you were again...you start from the beginning :)

Excellent location. Very clean and comfortable hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Just improper receptionist
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

A night shift staff (I can inform details of the name of employee if Novotel Marne La Vallee Noisy Le Grand would like to know more) on the reception questioned price on our printed booking document from booking.com saying that 'the price is too low for a family with children but this time I will give you a superior room'. This is utterly improper.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Great hotel at a great price, would definately stay again. July 2016.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

No bath in our room, had a shower but would have preffered a bath. Cooked breakfast items ran out before breakfast finished.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good location just outside Paris, but close enough to get in, 20 mins on rer. Swimming pool was a nice extra. Staff were excellent, most spoke English and were able to help with any request.

Extremely hot rooms, air con wasn't effective

Extremely hot rooms, air con wasn't effective

We didn't get what we paid for.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Air conditioning system was so bad.

Staff

Fair
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

No Air conditioning system in rooms!!!!! it is not acceptable!!!! it is a 4 stars hotel!!!

spacy room, good breakfast, nice lobby, nice staff

Do not try it!!!!!

Breakfast, Parking

Too expensive !!!! Too old !!!!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Noise because of the position close to highway. Cleaning : dust Oldest Parking expensive and too small !!!

bed and breakfast (very good )

Clean.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Extra fee for parking. Should be included within the price.

Clean. Easy to reach by car.

Location for Disneyland Paris
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Staff require some major customer service training

Location for Disneyland Paris

mediaum
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

we asked for baby cot, got confirmation and then there wan't one the air conditioning was not working

breakfast

Good location.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Window can be widely opened, need to be extra careful for the kids. Toilet light broken on the day we left.

Good location. Reception is friendly.

Room key problem Breakfast Room temperature

Was ok.

Was ok.good location

Please I need too send me a bill

Please I need too send me a bill

Terrible wouldn't return or reccommend
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Staff rude, breakfast was chaotic. Pool wasn't open, room small and air con broken was on constantly.

Beds eere comfortable

Its clean

Beds eere comfortable

Ok
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Scrambled eggs too runny at breakfast and no facilities for children

Reception area was nice.

Excellent and exceptional
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

I think everything about this hotel is beautiful. Close to Disneyland aswel

Excellent and exceptional

Great!

Breakfast wasn't complimentary

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was big, clean and comfortable.

Overall not a bad hotel for short stay.

Menus were all in French Not giving enough room teas

Clean new hotel in a quite street

Very kind the staff at breackfast restaurant

Very kind the staff at breackfast restaurant

The location was near the highway, so easy to reach.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The toilet had a weird smell (I kept the door closed) The breakfast was not so good.

The location was near the highway, so easy to reach.

Crap

Staff

Rude staff

Nice hotel that met our expectations and needs.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Cannot change the location but surrounding area rather dirty.

Friendly reception staff and clean and modern room.

Breakfast and location
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The rooms and toilet smelled. It was disgusting. The shower took agree to drain.

Breakfast and location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

There is no heating on room 908.

There is no heating on room 908. - 910

The staff

The staff

Nice stay a bit further from center.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Internet is poor. Not secured. Slow.

The stuff at reception and restaurant was very cool and nice!

Very good. Would stay again. Thank you.

Friendly helpful staff.

Very poor breakfast & rooms were filthy

Cleanliness - breakfast -

The location was perfect for us
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

We did not have breakfast but we may have enjoyed it more if we had

The location was perfect for us

Very bad experience
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

The facilities and the staff

Good hotel

Ideal for Euro Disney

Good hotel

The hotel is close to
    • Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

No Air conditioning in room. Toilet separate from main bathroom.

Helpful staff

Nice but I'm not amazed. It can be better the food and cleanliness.
    • Standard Room with 1 Double and 1 Single Bed

The food and restaurant carpet was so old and looks creepy. the noise of freeway.

The Staff and service

Could be better
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Single Beds

Too hot in the room and not clean carpet

Swimming pool and breakfast

So hot and no air condition.

So hot and no air condition. Non-smoking bedroom but smelled like an ashtray

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017