Reviews of Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse 4 stars

17 Rue Du Cotentin, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#674 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel can offer more variety of choices for the breakfast,e.g. vegetables...

The check in and check out process, clean and quite room and complimentary drinks & snacks.

No complaints here. :)

Excellent hotel! Hotel was within walking distance of Eiffel tower (15 minutes) and good restaurants. It's modern and very clean. Breakfast was good, it had a good selection. We will definitely look into this hotel again.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The toilette has no bidet and no water access in that room(separated from the bathroom) sooo inconvenient.I’m used to access water w/ abundant supply @ the toilette

Location is ok

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

First time we were checked into a room which was already occupied. However, the receptionist was nice enough to rectify it with an upgrade. Breakfast seems to be a long queue, hence I’m glad we did not bother having breakfast included as we headed out to the patisserie for excellent croissants.

Location was close to train station and one of the best patisserie - Des Gateaux et du pain. Comfortable beds.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The manager from reception made for me and my family in first days to be very very angry. She lied and cheated me without shame. I don't wanted to clarify there the situation because i came in Paris in vacation not ..... But i hate when someone lies to me. I understand that they want more money but not like this.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

No room service menu in room. When menu obtained we were told everything we asked for was "not possible". We ended up with a Margherita pizza but to be fair it was pretty good.

Good location (about 30mins from the Eiffel Tower), Clean, comfortable and modern. Breakfast was excellent. Car Parking (located under the hotel) was excellent.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was a little smaller than I'd hoped for, especially given the price, but it was okay. The window wasn't very big, but it provided enough light. We didn't spend long here, though, so not really an issue. It wasn't very obvious how to get the sofa bed out. I didn't realise the car park wasn't free, and was a little shocked to pay over 60 Euros upon exit having only been there for 2 days.

The food they do here is absolutely incredible. I have the utmost respect for their chefs. The dinner I had, choosing from their daily specials, was spectacularly tasty, really living up to the French cuisine you would come to hope for from a stay in France, and frankly, a stay in their world famous capital. Each course was eye-rollingly good. Also, the breakfast was an extravaganza! It was very busy, but my jaw dropped when I saw all the food. And I do mean *all* the food! Wow, they laid on what must be every possible breakfast item in France, and it tasted like heaven. You absolutely haven't had scrambled eggs until you've had them here. As for the room, it was beautifully clean, with decent facilities. The double bed was beautifully comfortable, and there was an abundance of pillows. The TV was a nice big HD wall mounted unit and sofa bed pulled out into a pair of singles. I was able to park without any issue right under the hotel, and the doors opened up automatically as we dragged our luggage through. The staff were very friendly and spoke great English, which was very welcome as my French is not great.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very disappointed to see that cups were paper and plastic, especially with the environmental policy and fantastic recycling bin in the hotel room. We booked this hotel specifically because of the previous reviews of a children's play area in the lobby, which has been replaced by a business and meeting space for adults.

The Novotel Gare Montparnasse was very comfortable, with very good service, and proximity to many areas of Paris.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast could have been better for the money. Only 1 egg station to make your own eggs and was always crowded.

Relatively close to the metro. Very clean and nice hotel.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They did not prepare a kid's bed. Bath tub was not working, but we had the shower which we used. In the pictures I saw the play area, but there is no playroom in the hotel

Breakfast was great, lots of choices. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, from the corner of the street you can see the Eiffel Tower, which was an attraction for children.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very good beds and very good breakfast ( a bit overcroweded in the breakfast area, but Epl. managed in good way. But more breakfast space could be good) Overall very good, super location vs. sightseeing and good value for money/cost of the room.

• Classic Double Room

A lot of construction going on in the lobby which we weren't aware of prior to our stay, which was noisy.

Very helpful staff which were extremely friendly the minute we got there to the minute we left. Spacious rooms and comfy bed for Paris. We found a desert shop (amorino) which I'd recommend to everyone and anyone. Bonus !! it's only a 5 minute walk from this hotel.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I expected the inside parking but many hotel staffs were using it ?! Finally they could arrange my space but ... The drainage of shower room was really really bad. Every time we took shower, flooding was about to happen... I asked front desk to fix it and believed they tried but it wasn’t fixed.

Receptionists were amazing. Location is near some stations. The room is clean and large enough. Special treatment for kids. High speed WiFi

None....

Nice, clean , comfortable place to stay. Newly refurb hotel, located 2.5 mile from effiel tower. lots of cafe and resturants within 5 mins walk including halal food resturants. Hotel Parking available for €22 / day.

• Classic Double Room

We didn't get extra bedding for the fold out sofa bed, and we had to call the reception and ask for it three (3!) times before they brought it to our room.

The maids were very helpful and the rooms were impeccable. There's a coffee-machine in the room, which we appreciated a lot.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The Hotel was in a great place. Walking distance to the Gare Montparnasse Station, buses, hop on hop off buses,the metro, Starbucks, restaurants, and several shopping malls. Great experience!!! The breakfast brunch was a lovely spread and delicious!

• Classic Double Room

When I booked the room, the listing stated that it would either be two twins or one double bed with a sofa bed. When I arrived, the staff stated they didn’t have any rooms with sofa beds available and they didn’t have any additional beds. That was the only reason I selected that room for the price. But when I arrived it didn’t have everything I needed for the amount of people that I travelled with.

I enjoyed the staff. I enjoyed the breakfast and I enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to other locations.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast could have included an omelette. Ran out of coffee on two consecutive days. Need more options for children. Need more English TV shows, especially for kids.

Helpful staff. Friendly. Speaks English. You cannot fault the staffs service.

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

It was a shame your renovations were not ready in time for us. The restaurants and coffee need to improve.

The room was comfy and very clean. Your staff was excellent, especially Laura. She is top notch and very pleasant and gracious. She made our stay perfect.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel was being renovated during our stay, with half of elevators closed, no direct access to the parking and with lots of noise and closed areas. It felt like a trap as we had not been informed about this in advance and offer required to pay 100% in advance without possibility to cancel. Last day there was no hot water due to the pipeline works related to the renovation. I got a refund for that night but- again - no heads-up about the cold water and the refund was offered only as I complained heavily. The rooms were small and a bit old, nothing in the minibar. Not a place you will enjoy while in Paris.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was OK but I prefer more meet and cheese rather than almost sweet. It’s not that central, but we know this in advance as we checked the map ;-) Parking is a nightmare but with 22€ in average.

Friendly Employees and clean Room which was OK for this short break. Lovely Crepes and waffles, which could made warm.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

In the bill emailed to us the morning of check out, they included the cost of 2 breakfasts. When we asked at the front desk, they said they billed us for them in case we wanted them and told us they would have removed the charge if we didn't. Check your bills.

Great hotel, good location for us (walking distance) and close to a number of metro stops.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No eggs at breakfast. They ran out about an hour before breakfast was over 3 of the 4 mornings we were there and refused to make more, but they had a little stove that I fixed my own breakfast. That wasn't too bad.

There were several varieties of breads. I didn't have any croissants, but my wife and son did and liked them. I ate other breads that were fine. My bed was fine. It was a tiny bit softer than our bed at home. We were just three blocks from the Pasteur subway station. I included a picture of the subway entrance, but for some reason the picture copied sideways when I downloaded it onto your site. Maybe you can turn the picture that its not sideways.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

first night was great and very quiet , second / third night a dog wasbarking all night in one the neighbours room , this is unacceptable .

good room ,

• Classic Double Room

Depends on your traveling purpose, the hotel is not in the touristy location.

Hotel looks new with chic decoration. Room is spacious, new and clean. In room amenities are sufficient. If you prefer to stay close to Gare Montparnasse which is convenient for long distance traveling, this is the right place.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room service food was way overpriced for the small amount of food we received, and some of it was cold. Also the housecleaning lady never changed out our towels or took the trash.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Perfect location. The appearance was very nice, and even though the room was smaller than expected it was clean and modern.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Most service staff do not speak english at all. Breakfast is very overpriced and in general food choice is very limited. I did not find any tv channels in english so Tv was pretty much useless. View is nonexistent.

Hotel is clean, modern. Reception staff pleasant and helpful. Location is ok if you need Montparnasse station for any reason.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

At check-in (11:00 PM) no bell boy or trolley were available. We had to take our luggage to the room by ourselves (2 adults with 2 kids). The reception desk was helpful sometimes in responding to our questions. However, house keeping was mostly done in a rush. Sometimes the room was not clean enough. No toiletries were available although it is a 4 star hotel. There was no ice making machine in the whole hotel, so after the bar closes at 12 midnight we couldn't get ice. Although we were staying at the 3rd floor, some construction work was happening on the ground floor restaurant which produced a lot of noise before New Year (between 8 and 11 AM) and that was not comfortable at all.

Location - next to Montparnasse Station

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

We paid for the room in advance through booking.com and got no notice at all from booking.com in term of Novotel informed us there would no room for us as our reservation. Novotel sent us to Mercure with very bad situation and we came back to Novotel then Novotel gave us a room. What’s wrong with booking.com with this booking? Pls response as I called customer service care of AccorHotels then they said we should contact booking.com

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No in room slippers and shower cap provided. Room size extremely small for 4 persons stay. Not space for luggages. Only one bottle of drinking water provided in the room. Totally different standard from the Novotel brand hotel that we stayed before.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I found the toilet in my room was blocked and we couldn't use it and when we asked the receptionist to send someone to fix it or to give us another room, they said they don't have a technician to fix it and no room is available but they gave us a key to another room to use the toilet there and of course with small kids who need the toilet sometimes in the middle of the night , that was totally inconvenient.

The bed was very comfy and the room was clean.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room service food wasnt very nice at all. It promises a lot on the menu but it is actually heated ready meal. In contrast, breakfast is actually quite nice, with a lot of choice.

Friendly staff, good lift acces, clean and spacious room. Parking facility is nice as well.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

Cleanliness of breakfast room was poor and decoration bland (possibly not the usual breakfast room due to the updates to the restaurant?)

Choice was reasonably good and there was gluten free bread available on request.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

size of the room they are not provide free water per day

breakfast was very nice with many varieties, the room is small for family but it's comfortable, wonderful location near by tour bus, pharmacy, super market, restaurants, we love the hotel

Cleaner

Staff in breakfast and the comfort of the bed Staff at front desk is god too Room did need some extra upkeep in cleanliness Over all hotel and staff are great

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Location, bathroom and bedroom facilities, aircon. Bathroom horrible as the sink drain did not work properly and the water was staying stagnant.

Breakfast, restaurant, room service

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We didn't book a breakfast becouse it costs 18 Euros per person. We had to accept safety deposit 250 Euros at check-in for some reasons one of them was - miny bar (Fridge was totally empty at our room).

Good hotel, fresh accomodation, families with 2 children friendly, calm and clear. Thank you for a welcome bottle of the water.

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I was charged £150 euros at the start of the stay in case we had any extras which we didn’t have and still haven’t had that given back to me!

The bed was comfy and was in a good location Member of staff very helpful helping me find which metro lines to take

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Cost of breakfast buffet was high for the choice on offer. Would recommend eating at local Cafe which would be better value for money. Tea was poor , coffee was drinkable but not brilliant Family room felt very cramped

Good central location and clean Staff very friendly and helpful Good public transport links to get around Paris Easy route to walk to the Eiffel Tower Good places to eat within walking distance

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The toilet not being in the bathroom was a bit weird. I had to wash my hands in another room. This made me think the toilet room could be unsanitary. Especially the light switch. I wish we got more than one bottle of complimentary water between two people.

The decor was nice and spacious. I liked the amount of seating areas abd pull out beds available to use.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

View from the hotel room was blunt. The reception area was small so it could easily be congested.

Beds are really comfortable and family room was great as kids had their own beds. Bathroom was really tidy.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

Please provide proper cups / glasses , not paper cups .

Very suitable for families with children . Hotel looks newly renovated . Area is very safe and much local taste around .

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

I couldn't get anything more for dinner via room service at 1015pm than a 'Croque Monsieur' (basically a good quality ham and cheese toasted sandwich) as I was told the restaurant had closed for the night. I was a little surprised that a 4 Star Novotel in Paris didn't offer more than that.

Directly across the road from Gare Montparnasse TGV station - very handy for my trip early the next morning. Quiet, clean and spacious room, comfortable bed.

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Very incorrect because I was charged €100 as a deposit and I was told that they will refund my money as soon as I leave the hotel; 3 weeks later still no refunds. This is the most incorrect hotel that I ever been.

• Classic Double Room

The receptionist putting an extra 300 euros on my card over and above room cost to cover any extras we may have. This was credited at the end of the stay I feel if they have your credit card details to cover extras this should be enough. They should not charge in advance

Well situated for a Paris break especially as we visited Versailles Palace as well

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

The location, although in the center city area, is more near the old business district. There are buses available with a short walk, but there are not many restaurants nearby. The hotel has better food than any of the restaurants in my opinion. So my only complaint might be that it is hard to get back to by bus or Metro if you have problems walking.

Breakfast is wonderful and has great variety for all types of people. The staff is incredible and very nice to a bunch of Americans who cannot speak the language. They were patient and very nice to my child. The rooms were cleaned nicely every day and we always looked forward to making it back to our hotel to relax.

• Classic Twin Room

2 single bed provided but I was only single person. Couldn't sleep on single small bed. Very uncomfortable. Room service was poor. The didn't organise bed or changed towel. They didn't provide Shampoo, Soap on 2 out of 4 days. Pathetic service. Breakfast was ok, but not good value for money. When you charge £200 per night then you need to provide service.

Hotel was well decorated

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not good break fast , not too friendly staff either in restaurant or at reception

Had two rooms connected with each other which we have got after refusal at first stance but luckly got at the end

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The location is great if you're using the Gare Montparnasse, but not so great for neighborhood attractions and shops.

The desk clerk was so helpful, we were able to get into a room in spite of our early morning arrival from the U.S. The room was very comfortable, and had a terrace with a view of the Eiffel Tower.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

If you could add additional options for muslims staying in your hotel such as beef/chicken sausages, bacons served during the breakfast menu, it would eventually bring more value as well!!!

I would recommend this hotel for families with children. You get a feeling that staff competency is maintained in high standards. I liked the food, breakfast and dinner inside the hotel served by professional team rather than assortment provided outside. Access to metro stations Pasteur and Gare Montparnasse is equally confortable. The walking distance to Eiffel tower is 35 minutes. We stayed on a top floor, which is best place to be if you are looking for quietness :) . Entertainment breakfast with heroes from different cartoon characters were amazing and a good marketing decision.

Night staff at reception desk can be a bit more polite. The cleaners were also not particularly nice to talk to.

Great service at the reception desk during the day. The night staff was not that polite though. Lively place bustling with activities. Recommended for families with kids

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

Front receptionists was not that friendly, I was waiting about 5 mins in front of front desk before she finished her phone call. Sleepers are not included in my booking deal. I have spent 5 EUR for one pair of paper sleepers which it should be part of facility they should provided. Room did not provide china mud/cup for coffee/tea, only paper cup for the hot drink. (but coffee and tea are good selection) Beds and sofa beds in the room are quite comfortable if you stay still or not turn over. Beds and sofa makes (zig zig) noise when I turned my body around on the bed before asleep.

Location, breakfast. Staffs working in restaurant; bar are very friendly. A bottle of water is provided everyday. There are quite a lot of games and books available facticity for children.

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Did not like being charged security deposit without explanation or being given opportunity to opt out of doing so. After 24 hours I am still awaiting a refund of €63.00 to my debit card despite being told that it would be instant!

The standard of the room was very good being clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were very obliging.

• Classic Twin Room

Design & service- best designed room we've ever been in: EVErYTHING thought of!! 4 minutes max from train station from airport or on to south France. High Recc-5 stars!!

None.

Location was good, staff were helpful and friendly, rooms were clean and spacious. 24 hours manned reception was helpful for checking in and other assistance. One of our friends was pickpocketed and the staff gave helpful instruction where and how to make a police report.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

My daughter lost her 30 euros in her bag. She left her small wallet in her luggage for a day when we are touring around Paris. We did not tell the reception about it since it was a nice experience overall. Just make sure that you use the safe they provided. My husband and I used it but unfortunately my daughter did not. The reception, kitchen and bar staff are nice!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The smell in the room (it almost smells like in the hospital), the rooms are small but perfectly clean.

Very convenient if you have to grab a train to Montparnasse train station, hotel very clean, confortable beds, nice and helpful staff (if you travel with children send a specific request to the hotel indicating you will be with children, it seems booking does not specify it even if you mentioned it in your criterias!). Excellent waffles at the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Poor tea/coffee making facilities in the room. No cups were provided and when asked we received paper cups.

The floor for children with games is a good touch. Very child friendly!

• Family Room (3 Adults)

The hotel was well situated in Montparnasse within walking distance of the bus and train stations. Breakfast was excellent there was a good variety to suit all tastes and all of the staff were very helpful and extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

I asked for two rooms with door between because my mom came with me and my sister and wanted to help us both. They told us that u didn't mention that on the reservation. She was very upset 😭

It's all very new and beautiful the stuff wàs very kind and the breakfast great

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A little too far from the main sights

Excellent breakfast, very (very!!) child friendly and very affordable hotel in a quiet location directly behind the Gare Montparnasse. Comfortable but modern small rooms. Excellent for parents travelling with kids.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not much negative to say about this hotel or our stay.

Good location. Close to Eiffeltower and Metro. Helpful staff in the reception. Very child friendly. The children receved some small gifts when we checked in and then got to choose some small gifts every morning at the breakfast. Families with children could choose to have breakfast in a separate breakfast room at first floor, where they have "entertainment" for the kids, one morning they had a lady that came and did some tatoos/paintings on the hands/arms, another morning Jack Sparrow was there to make balloon animals.. Good breakfast! Different sorts or bread/buns, scrambled eggs and bacon, white beans in tomatosauce, pancakes and waffles, youghurts and different kinds of granola, müsli and cereals, fresh fruits and more. We had an executive room, and then was the minibar free. Very nice and comfy beds and pillows! Good/safe parking in an underground garage under the hotel.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was not according to the fotos,it was much smaller than it looked at the fotos.It was not definetely a family room. When we asked for a bigger room ,they told us that there wasn't any other one. The toilet door was not closing correctly and the odours were coming into the room The reception guys had a medium to low service (except the girl from Italy who was very good), and when we were asking help for booking tickets in some sites (because it was in french and we wanted to avoid mistakes) they were trying to avoid it. The croissants in the morning buffet were low quality

The matresses were nice. The animateur with the balloons in the morning breakfast room, was very good

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Don't think the paper cups and wooden stirrers in the In-Room Tea and Coffee facility was adequate for a 4 stars hotel, it felt cheap. We would have expected china cups/mugs and proper tea spoons.

It isn't cheap

We were given 2 single pull out beds which were ideal for our little ones. On arrival, they were given toys and there were toys on their beds when we got into the room too. The bed was extremely comfortable.We had room service 3 times due to one of us being unwell and the food was delicious and portions were very good.

• Superior Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast gets busy and sometimes not possible to get sitting space.

This is a really good hotel, close to Gare Montparnasse station. Very easy to get to, the location is excellent. The staff are helpful and the breakfast is really good to get your started with your day.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

lack of highchairs in restaurant

Comfy beds, activities for the kids, little extras i.e toblerones free from mini bar - nice little touches. excellent stay

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great location, bus direct from airport to nearby Gare Montparnasse. Room was good size for 3 and clean with good facilities. Breakfast buffet good and no issues finding enough to suit a dairy free diet and slightly fussy 11 year old. We walked a lot and ate in nearby restaurants..State was probably pick of these.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They didn't replace the tea bags after you used a specific flavor.

The sofa bed in the room (really handy with kids) And the location was really good. Especially traveling from gare du Nord - just one "metro" line to connect you from the hotel.

• Family Executive Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The toilet is too small for comfort, breakfast area is too small for the hotel crowd. Suggest to ask guests to register their intended eating time to manage the crowd

Location is great, room is clean and modern

• Classic Double Room

The place is good to stay located in the old neighbourhood of Montparnasse but I found the staff not-so-friendly. I had arrived early morning and I had already requested for early check in but that did not happen and I can understand that there might be an unavailability of room but then I had requested to contact the property via booking.com multiple times since I wanted to extend another night at the hotel and even then Novotel never got in touch with me. It was a difficult experience managing this hotel.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was like any other 3-4 star hotel buffet spread. The staff was fine. The location of the hotel is quite convenient.

• Classic Double Room

The property was recently updated. We got an upgrade to a more comfortable room with balcony and view to Eiffel Tower with no extra cost so as to compensate the delay in letting us in.

• Two Adjacent Rooms (6 persons)

The Eiffel Tower looked closer than it was, albeit walkable, but at the end of a day of sightseeing, it was too much to walk back so we had to take a short taxi ride.

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the variety of items available. There was something for everyone. The self serve coffee station had a nice selection of coffees. Our interaction with the front desk staff was always positive and pleasant from check-in to check-out. This was our first trip to Europe and at the suggestion of family to consider the Novatel brand, we were not disappointed. The hotel smelled clean and was well taken care of. The size of our room was ample for 3 guests.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast was really bad. Noisy, crowdy, messy and few seatings and too little time. Only open to 9.30 on weekdays. Had to que every morning to get a table. The rooms are too small for a family.

Good location and great parking in a garage. Superior rooms are good but small for a family.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Little off the main road not many kid friendly restaurants close by a little distances away for child friendly

Near station but a little far from other attractions and not too close from other restaurants

Browse Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse traveller photo gallery