Reviews of 9Hotel Opera 3 stars

14, Rue Papillon, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#431 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Classic Room

Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Facilities were great with free tea & coffee in reception area 24/7. Hotel was very clean, room was small but that’s just Paris. Great Breakfast! Thank you for a lovely stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Classic Room

I booked 2 twin beds however when I arrive with my group of 4 co-workers we were told they didn't have 2 twin beds. My 2 colleagues were upgraded to a larger bed however I was told "I can't upgrade everyone" so I had to sleep with my colleague in a double bed.

Was clean and the rest of the staff were very friendly

• Classic Room

The room was a bit small and awkwardly shaped so it could have done without the desk and chair to make it easier to walk around the bed.

Very clean streamlined aesthetic. The bed was very comfortable for European standards. The bathroom was SUPER efficient and had a wonderful shower head and towel warmer. The hanging clothes bar was useful to see exactly what I needed immediately. I wish American hotels were as conscientious of guests extras as this hotel was.

• Club Room

A bit on the expensive side. Tight fit for two people with bags.

Simple, clean, comfortable rooms. Good sound proofing too. Well situated. Good base for walking around central Paris.

• Classic Room

It's not very cheap for a 3 stars. It could be a little less expensive so that would worth a better value for money.

its a very new hotel compared to the other places around 10th Arrondissement. I only stayed one night but everything looks clean and the bed was very comfortable. The lobby looks very stylish and contemporary. Its very close to some restaurants, train station e good bars.

• Classic Room

We got a room upgrade on arrival. It was very spacious and nice. A big bathroom with a big douche. Good comfy bed. The breakfast was very complete and was beyond what we expected. As always, free coffee and hot choco in the lobby.

• Superior Room

Small room compared to the US but it did have a balcony.

The beds were very comfortable with nice linens. Good air conditioning and I could watch CNN on TV. Great WiFi too. It didn’t matter who was working at the front desk as they all were very nice and helpful. The location was close to the Cadet train. There are many restaurants options close by. I felt like I was living in a Paris neighborhood not a tourist area. Coffee and tea in the room.

• Classic Adjacent Rooms

It was great that upon our arrival we’ve got an upgrade. The rooms wear spacious, big bathroom. I loved the bed- super comfy. Breakfast was included, it was a good buffet with plenty of food. Location was perfect, close to the metro. Also we got a plenty of restaurants around the hotel as well as small supermarket. Great location!

• Classic Room

Room a little small. No kettle and slippers. Radiator in the bathroom is covered with dust. Poor and overpriced breakfast

A simple designed hotel, large bed and comfortable pillows. Very good location: quiet and among the local neighborhood making me feel safe; near the tube station

• Classic Room

I had the worst sleep in my life. The noise was constant- through the night, first thing in the morning, at breakfast, and checkout. I was lucky to get 2 hours sleep all night. You could hear every single step of other guests, and the door to the room might as well not have been there as not only did it let in every sound, but it magnified it. The tiny window, even when closed and the 'blind' which let in all the light and cold, was drawn, let in all the sounds from the street. The bathroom was completely inadequate- the water pressure in the shower was a trickle, and if the stall had been big enough to turn around in, you would have had to turn around just to get wet. It also didn't drain, so there was a swimming pool at your feet immediately, a really horrible feeling, but after less than 5 minutes it overflowed and flooded the bathroom. I had to use towels to mop up some of the water so it didn't flood out into the room. The sink was so small that no water collected in it- you couldn't wash your face or hands as all the water ended up over the floor and toilet. The bed was hard, the covers boiling hot. The pillows and towels were very soft though. I am still sick 3 days later from lack of sleep and from being unable to use the bathroom properly. Plus, it wasn't cheap- especially considering the cold, noisy room was smaller than a shoebox. I don't mind small, as long as it is comfortable and cheap. This was neither. Plus, because I didn't get to sleep, I had to find another place to sleep away the day and missed seeing or experiencing any of Paris.

the location was ok. The lobby was nice

• Classic Room

There is nothing I can say.

Well, first of all this was a very very special visit for me and for my wife because it was the same hotel we stayed during our honeymoon 10 years before. 9 Hotels is a very nice NAME and we definatelly suggest you to choose this name if, they are in the city where you are going because they know how to treat to their customers and how to make them feel like at home. Breakfast and the coffee are nice. Everywhere is walking distance and the metro stop is very very near to hotel besides there are many nice and different kinds of restaurants around (also walking distance) The secure/indoor and private parking is very near and daily is 34,50 €!! but if you have a car than you have no other chance. It is 50 mt away only. Hotel is not on the main street but it is in the side street which covers it from more noise but it is Paris still too crowded outside ant time.

Breakfast could be better, there was everything needed, but still not a wide range.

Location was good, staff was always helpful and caring, I really liked my room and bed, that was so comfy, the rooms was small, but I even like that kind of French style.

• Classic Room

Hotel located in very nice city district with very easy access to metro. In the neighbourhood many cafeterias and restaurants. Hotel is small and cozy for affordable price and with very hospital staff.

• Classic Room

After upgrading to a Club Room at an additional cost given the extra space I was bitterly dissatisfied with the service. The room wasn’t serviced to a satisfactory standard. No bottled water left daily. No coffee pods or milk for the espresso machine, dirty cups were not replaced daily. I had to ask reception staff for water, coffee, milk, clean cups etc. it all became rather tedious and it was all too hard. Certainly not the level of service I would expect. After speaking with management the room was serviced properly on my second last day. The final day the room was not serviced. I couldn’t be bothered complaining again and would certainly not choose to stay there again despite liking the location.

• Classic Room

We had a corner room, so even with the closed window it was quite cold

Overall the hotel is nice. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean. Value for the quality of breakfast is good.

• Classic Room

Food and beverage offerings around the area didn’t seem great - felt a little out of the way so travelled to other areas for restaurant recommendations. Female staff member on reception was a little cold compared to the others who were more than happy to help.

Comfortable beds, location good for access to train station and Galleries La Fayette further down road.

• Classic Room

The rooms were very small, I know it is the trend for almost all hotels in the heart of Paris, but couldn't imagine being that small! We lack trash basket in the rooms, there was only one in the bathroom so we kept a plastic bag from the supermarket as a trash bag during our stay.

The most I like about this hotel was location, It was close to some cafes and groceries, supermarket. Stations for green and red lines subways were about few minutes walking distance. The staff was very friendly as well. I have ordered two rooms next to each other and I got it easily without any hassle like I used to experience in some hotels

• Classic Room

Lift did not work on the day we left. Inconvenient, but staff did help by bringing our cases down to the lobby

Bathroom bigger than expected given the small bedroom Room was in a quiet location as requested Bed was comfortable and we slept well Location good for our travel needs Breakfast had more choice than I expected

• Classic Room

The room was very small. I expected this but was surprised at how small the room actually was.

The staff were excellent. They all spoke fluent English and were very helpful. The location was also very convenient with access to the whole city via the Metro.

• Classic Room

Room is listed as soundproof but is FAR from it. First night I stayed on the street side and had a VERY hard time getting to sleep because of the excessive noise heard through the window. I checked and verified the window was fully closed and closed the thick curtains, but this did not help. Then in the early morning there were several people talking and laughing in the small hallway and it was so loud it almost seemed like they were in same room with me. We arrived at 2330 after some travel. After an excellent check in we went to the room to find it a single bed. This trip was with my mom and I specifically reserved a room with two beds. We went back to the reception desk and was told the reservations was just for a "classic room" and there were no twin bed rooms available. After a lengthy conversation with a booking.com representative and a lot of hassle booking.com eventually made the situation right by arranging two single rooms for the first night and a 2 bed room for the second night. After all was said and done it was more booking.com that made it ok not the hotel.

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff was nice and tried to be as accommodating as they could. Breakfast was decent but not worth the standalone cost if not booked with the room. The staff at the breakfast were nice and helpful.

• Superior Room

The room was not very spacious but that wasn't really important.

The hotel is located in the center of Paris, near the main touristic attractions. There's a BUS right at the door of the hotel which goes directly to the Eiffel Tower. The Metro is only 2 blocks away. There are supermarkets, cafes and shops in the quarter everywhere. The room was spotless clean. There's a kettle in the room and tea and coffee are refilled every morning. Wi-Fi excellent. Staff extremely nice. The room was perfect for a weekend in Paris.

• Family Club Room

No kettle in the room.

Very good location of the hotel. We had 2 connecting rooms on the top floor with amazing balcony on the roof. Everything was perfect. We would come back there for sure.

Only a mini bar/fridge

The room was compact but very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and pleasant which added to a very pleasant stay. the decor was good just what we were expecting. would recommend and would return

• Classic Room

Average breakfast, no bathrobes and fridge in room, smallest bar/lounge area I've ever been, only general underground parking in 200 meters.

The best bed I've ever slept, good location, good price.

• Classic Room

The breakfast offered is quite expensive. An option of just coffee with baguette would be nice.

The hotel is well located and close to public transportation. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom spacious with great shower. Very friendly staff helped with every issue.

• Classic Room

Distance to touristic center would be my only reservation. As a small suggestion, I would recommend including a small vanity kit in the provisions, eg cotton swabs for makeup or ears.

Room was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Manager was very accommodating, honest, and sincere. The only reason I might think twice is that the location is not central. Otherwise, excellent value.

• Classic Adjacent Rooms

Fake info saying the hotel have car park

This hotel haven't parking , the only parking is city private car park at customers cost of 38 euros daily .

• Classic Room

I would have liked a pen on the desk, and having a small kettle in the room is always a plus. Not a big issue for a short stay.

Great location, one metro station away from Gare de l'est. The room was small, as hotel rooms in Paris are, but the space was used very well. The bed is comfy - I was alone, maybe a bit small for two, there's a desk, a place to hang your clothes, and air conditioned. Bathroom is big and modern. Everything spotlessly clean. The staff was nice and helpful. I liked the idea of an express breakfast 'to go' for relatively cheap, but didn't take it this time.

• Classic Room

I have got one of best rooms so far I visited in Paris, the quality was beyond value of money. Probably they upgrade my room though staffs n facilities were really great. Not to mention, staffs were very friendly and attentive! I will definitely consider to come back this hotel in Paris!

• Classic Room

There was a little noise front the street nearby, but nothing really annoying.

It's a comfortable and clean hotel in a nice area of Paris with some restaurants and cafés in the area. The hotel looks like an old style Parisian building from the outside, but really modern on the inside. Two different subway stations are just about 5 minutes away.

• Classic Room

Smallest shower I have ever been in, and impossible to stop some water leaking out onto the bathroom floor.

Close enough to Paris Nord for arrival by train and plane from other countries, and to metro stations. Pleasant staff

• Classic Room

Huge comfortable bed. Room was on the small side but then again so are all the rooms in Paris. Everything worked and the staff were very helpful and courteous.

• Classic Room

My main criticism is that it was noisy deep into the night. There was also noise from the cistern in my room and the connecting door to the bathroom wouldn't stay shut, allowing a lot of light from the street into the bedroom.

Close to transport links, well appointed. Staff very helpful and efficient.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Classic Room

Small rooms, the classic ones, if you want a room big enough to move around it costs a lot more. I got bigger rooms in other hotels at the same price.

Simple an clean, nice lobby, nice and smiling staff.

Nothing - I enjoyed my stay

The bed was clean and cery comfortable. The bathrro also was very clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and very hepful. The hotel is close to all the main attractions and is well serviced by bus lines 42 and 43.

• Classic Room

Depending on the room, a bit loud, can hear the neighbouring rooms and people in the corridor.

Close to Gare du Nord, nice area with restaurants and bars around. Good standard, clean and nice. Pleasant reception/lounge area.

Nothing to complain

Good location about 10-15 min walk from Gare de Nord, it's a taxi ride ( about 15-18 Euro)from Gare de Lazare. Rooms well furnished with a/C facility. Walkable distance to many restaurants in 2 km radius.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Classic Room

We were mistakenly billed for some breakfasts we didn't eat. Took a little while to sort out but we were not charged in the end.

Excellent location and value for money. Smallish rooms, but typical for the area. Stylish interior and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Classic Room

Breakfast was too little and even at 9am bread was not available anymore. Shower was so small that the curtain was sticking to your legs

fast wifi and a great location

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Superior Room

Some noise from late night revellers in the nearby streets - out of this property's control obviously !

Bathroom very new and well set out, staff super friendly. Location close to metro and overland train services, we walked to many iconic Parisian tourist destinations. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Superior Room

Found the doona was too warm for the roomconditions - a minor problem in otherwise super experience!

Very happy with location and the quality of facilities and staff

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Superior Room

Room was tiny, couldn't hardly walk around beds, asked as soon as we arrived to move, we were ignored every day saying there wasn't any space. Will not go back.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Classic Adjacent Rooms

It says it is one family room but actually they are two separate rooms

staff are really nice and helpful, breakfast very good, facility is really good too.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Family Club Room

Considering the price, the room was small and toilet/shower booth were extremely small. The breakfast was just of cheap hostel's quality... also in a very small area.

Good location - near to a metro station, Gare du Nord, Museum Louvre, La Fayette, and more. Friendly staff and warm atmosphere at the lobby.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Classic Room

Need to put carpeting on the room floors! While I appreciated the slick look and cleanliness of the "wood", I could hear the people above on many occasions!! The rooms could also use a bit more accessible storage space and hangars.

Loved the staff; love the room the bed, and the large tv. And thanks for having such good lighting in both the bathroom and the bedroom. Also appreciated coming "home" to a comfortable lobby and drinks!!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Classic Room

The room is a little bit small and it doesn't have water boiler ~you need to buy water or get hot water from lobby

Location is very good and convenient for going everywhere, very closed to metro, and staffs are all so nice~

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Nothing to report!

Very nice hotel. Fantastic staff!! Comfortable bed and clean room. Very good breakfast. Very close to public transportation (1' walk for bus stop and 2' walk for metro).

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

€15 euro for breakfast drives you to one of the bakeries in the neighbourhood

Conveniently located 10 minutes walk south of gare du nord and close to the metro. Nice common area to have a drink and a 'workspace' table. The room was spacious and modern and the bed was very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Classic Room

The room was small and noisy and we could clearly hear the noise from the outside and the occupants in the adjacent room talking loudly. The staff assigned to breakfast needs more training.

The person at the reception was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Classic Room

The room is the tiniest room I've ever seen in my family. Only possible if you stay one or two days otherwise I don't recommend it.

Not much

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Classic Adjacent Rooms

Staued there 3 nights. Service is bad. Front was not kind and not helpful. They are not a good listener. In the restaurat, the workers eat the same food that is served to customers, and while cleaning the table they picked some food from the food collection with their hands without washing it....

Bed is comfortable. Location is okay,

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Classic Room

Nothing major. Breakfast was absurdly priced given the easy cafe options near but no criticisms of the hotel itself.

Comfy beds, quiet room, great shower and shower products. Perfect for a no-nonsense overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Classic Room

Room was quite compact with basic furnishings. Shower room/toilet was particularly small.

Bed very comfortable; handy location; friendly staff. A good breakfast selection but not quite as good as the pictures might suggest!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic Room

The shower was extremely small, shower curtain was a nightmare, not enjoyable.. also I really missed my coffee In bed, no tea or coffee in rooms not even a bottle of water :(

Hotel is very tastefully decorated and very clean! Made our stay very comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Classic Room

A tiny bit more room to move would be lovely, and some in-room comforts like a kettle would have been nice, but definitely not a huge problem.

The room was small but very comfortable, access to fresh air through windows that open was an unexpected bonus.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Superior Room

Light fixtures in the basement where breakfast is served requires replacement as they will very soon cause fire.

Location was perfect for me to attend meetings held nearby. A good air conditioning facility (Others who stayed in nearby hotels were complaining about air-cons not working in their rooms during the same week in Paris). Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Superior Room

A small yet comfortable hotel. It may not be easy to find for the first time but it is within walkable distance to Gare du Nord or Cadet metro station. There is a bus no 42 going from the hotel to Gare l'est. The staff are quite helpful. The breakfast is sufficient and nice.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Classic Room

This hotel was beautiful, the beds were unbelievably comfortable and the room was neat. A very clean hotel with a modern feel. The staff on arrival were very welcoming as one lady was still in training. When we came back to the hotel one afternoon the gentleman working on reception that afternoon seemed unsure about us like we shouldn't be staying there as we said hello and walked to the lift. Even after a few days. At check out he warmed up a little but still wasn't as welcoming as the other staff. Over all this didn't affect our stay and the hotel was beautiful and comfortable and clean. Everything we needed close to Gare De Nore train station.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Superior Room

Short stay - we didn't have enough time to explore much.

The bed was super comfy!!! Breakfast was great! Coffee and muffin on arrival were a lovely touch. Very convenient for Gard du Nord.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Classic Room

The neighours are quite noisy even at late night however it's not hotel's problem. The 2nd night we came from outside and found our key card on the slot has been changed a different hotel' card which is very strange! But the staff downstairs changed for us immediately.

The hotel is very stylish and simple. In the lobby there are some pics and books of Queen Elisabath which makes me think the founder is maybe a British. The bed in the room is very comfy and soft as the best bed among the hotels I've stayed in Paris!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Classic Adjacent Rooms

Great rooms, quiet street, excellent bus route to Eiffel Tour outside door & Metro across road Walking distance to Opera, Train, Louvre - excellent continental breakfast, pleasant sitting area in reception

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Classic Room

The room felt very cramped and small, if you were staying for more than a couple of days that wouldn't of been ideal.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, the hotel was lovely and modern.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Classic Room

hairdryer supplied in ensuite was not great but this is a minor thing and quite common through Europe

The size of the room and the bathroom size also. Was excellent for Paris. We got upgraded to a balcony suite also which was great.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Classic Room

A bit loud towards the hallway. noticed when someone entered the floor.

Good location, very friendly, room was bright and nice. Small, but all hotel rooms in Paris are small. Good standard, comfortable bed.

Small rooms

Very clean, young & practical

• Classic Room

The receptionist had a wrong attitude when we asked the check in. He replied “No”. He didn’t take any request during our stay.

The bed is very quality

Delightful visit Very pleasedc

• Superior Room

Great breakfast. Very clean rooms in a great location.

• Classic Room

Very lovely hotel, cozy rooms, stylish design!

Kind and helpful staff

The staff, the cleanliness, the room, THE BED WAS SO COMFY

• Classic Room

The people on the counter!!

Breakfasrtime

• Classic Room

Great location, good for transport links, with lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

• Classic Room

Bed was so comfortable. Best shower. best bathroom. Got upgraded unexpectedly. Staff was so kind!

• Classic Room

claustrophobic room which looked more like a prison cell than a hotel room

Browse 9Hotel Opera traveller photo gallery