Reviews of Hotel Opéra Marigny 4 stars

#678 of 1,599 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

WORSE VALUE FOR MONEY
    • Classic Double Room

The worse value for money i have ever got. And I travel a lot!!! This hotel call itself 4 star while it barely deserves a 2 star. Tiny room which is awkward. Feels like the floor is diagonal. The bed is too short and uncomfortable . The room is so small that the heat coming from the minibar causes the room to be uncomfortably hot. Tiny toilet where i had to sit diagonally because its so close to the wall...

Not much

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nearly all the staff were super friendly and helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

Bathrooms were a little worn, our bathroom overflowed.

Nearly all the staff were super friendly and helpful. They moved us to a different room but only after we raised it several times.

Cozy hotel with good breakfasts and an excellent location, but a little inattentive employees
    • Classic Double Room

When I was checking in, I was told that: 1) I've made the payment not with the card that I presented (they have a rule that if you don't have the card that you paid the booking with, you have to pay again) 2) I don't have included breakfasts in my booking Although it was the right card and I've paid for breakfasts in my booking. But after a double check by the hotel employee everything fell into place and was good

Good breakfast, clean, quiet, excellent location

service with personnel was superb, location is great, rooms...
    • Classic Double Room

bathroom was little bit small but I knew that from reviews here so it was acceptable for me.

service with personnel was superb, location is great, rooms nice and clean. I would definitely return here

Bed was fairly comfortable, very well connected, building...

Bed was fairly comfortable, very well connected, building frontage was nice and suited with the other hotels along the parade. If I were to come back to Paris I would stay here again.

Petite and Overpriced - Avoid if looking/paying for luxury
    • Classic Double Room

Very small basic rooms for the price. The hotel lobby is tiny and they serve breakfast on the reception ( on 3 measly looking tables) . Im quite happy we dint pay 15 pp per day for brekkie. The hotel is quite basic, okay to just crash it and not linger. Location was good.

location was not too bad. quite central. Bed was comfy.Thats abt it

Beautiful Paris Stay
    • Classic Double Room

Although the bed itself was extremely comfortable, unfortunately the pillows were a bit soft and we found ourselves waking up with a sore neck or tossing and turning throughout the night. The toilet was constantly filling with water, was a bit noisy and made it a little tricky to fall asleep. But other than those two very minimal things, I could not fault the hotel at all!

The location was amazing! We could walk just about everywhere! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Very safe street and surroundings with heaps of lovely cafes and restaurants nearby Room was modern and comfortable. We had a very enjoyable stay and are looking forward to returning.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

I think it's a bit unsafe that there isn't a deadbolt on the door, just the electric auto one.

The bed was very comfortable. Staff is super friendly!

Location was great, easy distance to everything.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was more of a side thought in the reception, however the hotel is surround by beautiful cafes.

Location was great, easy distance to everything. Clean and modern rooms with luxury facilities. Offered late check out free of charge.

Excellent location and a very helpfull and friendly staff
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom could be bigger or the toilet seat could be repositioned to have more room on it.

The staff is very eager to help you and the location of the hotel is excelent.

Good location but slightly disappointed with the room.
    • Classic Double Room

Because the location is so central our room faced on to a noisy street and we couldn’t sleep due to the traffic noise through the night /bin lorries. Our room smelt a bit funny, maybe like drains. Our shower door didn’t close properly flooding the bathroom a bit. The tea/coffee supplies weren’t replenished after we used them on the first day. The air conditioning worked sporadically and turned off in the middle of the night. Because the street is so noisy we couldn’t open the window and it was too hot to sleep comfortably.

The location is really excellent because it’s close to the metro and the gare saint Lazare. The room is decorated nicely and was clean. The staff were friendly. The area is safe and there are nice cafés nearby.

Nice hotel, dampened by terrible view and rude staff
    • Classic Double Room

We were put in a room which had an awful view onto a rooftop shared with neighbouring apartments, far from a romantic view of a Paris street. While the room was made up daily the facilities were not refilled while we were there I.e the nespresso capsules for the coffee machine. We continually had to ask at reception for these rather than them just being filled up each day. The room got quite warm during our stay too and when we came to use the air con it was saying it was turned on but would not cool the room down in the slightest. Also, the receptionist at night time, I didn’t catch his name, was extremely rude. Not once did he smile when we were entering or exiting the hotel and it felt like we were not welcome in the hotel due to his attitude. Lastly, upon checkout the male receptionist was trying to charge us for minibar products that we had not consumed, we used 2 waters from the minibar during our stay and that’s it however he tried charging us for a lot more than that. Thankfully we weren’t charged for these items in the end.

Rooms were nice, cleaned daily and the beds were so so comfy. The girl who was on the reception during the day was really friendly and extremely helpful

Wouldn't go back again
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was sometimes unkind. When my room was made they didn't even give me new shower gel. They left the cup I used for coffee where it was, dirty. Had to ask for sleepers and no bathrobe.

Location was great

OK for a short break
    • Classic Double Room

We booked a room with two single beds and on arrival we were informed that we had a room with a double bed for the first night and then had to move rooms for two single beds the second night. As I had booked so far in advance it was annoying that my request had not been noted. Having to move rooms when we only stayed for two nights was also not great. Note that some of the staff on reception do not speak very good English, which made issues more complicated to sort out.

Nice breakfast selection, but no music or atmosphere in the breakfast room. The rooms were nicely decorated, and the hotel is situated on a nice quiet street, but is close to a lot of attractions.

Great for city breaks
    • Classic Double Room

The shower in the room flooded the bathroom a bit, but not too much of a big deal.

Great location, central to walk almost everywhere and right by the shopping district. Lovely bakery on the street too perfect for breakfast. Hotel was great with all the right facilities.

Was alright for a short stay if u didn’t bring much as no room for anything. Wouldn’t be back though
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi never worked for us. The room was absolutely tiny.. never had bath like pictures. The pictures made the room look way better than what it was..

The bed was comfy

Just a place to shower and sleep. Nothing s more
    • Classic Double Room

Bed is not comfortable, very hard to have a good sleep with their pillows. Toilet is supper dirty, not clean properly when receiving the room. We could see someone’ body hair (who knows where is coming from) are on the wall of the shower’space, hair on toilet door. Room is super small for 2 adults. Staff are not really friendly and they love to smoke rather than helping their guests. Staff could see guests are waiting but still they must finish their cigarette:(

Near the Metro, about 3 mins walk. That’s all about this hotel

Great tourist location for shopping and sightseeing.
    • Classic Double Room

Minor point but there were no English channels on the tv. When we stayed in the room to relax after shopping we couldn’t watch anything at all because every channel was in French.

Great tourist location for shopping and sightseeing. Friendly and helpful staff.

Location was very convenient to the metro.

No English tv stations.

Location was very convenient to the metro. Recommend going to Fauchon shop just down the street to buy local French delicacies to bring home. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Brilliant staff, location was good, close to the metro which is cheap and easy to get around.
    • Classic Double Room

They could of improved with room amenities. We had tea and coffee but we didn't get milk to go with it.

The staff were very helpful with any questions. They all really helped us with directions and told us where to get the metro. They all spoke English well enough to answer any of our questions. Very helpful and always very polite.

Okkkkkkk
    • Classic Double Room

Very small room ( 16qm), average breakfast . Only cheese and ham had good quality. There was nothing to eat except breakfast. I The price! When I made the reservation long time before it was a secret fantastic offer. The days I stayed there the price was 99€ per night , half the price I paid !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location , modern design

Comfortable bed, French breakfast with extras.
    • Classic Double Room

iron not in the room but this is understandable as the room would have been overcrowded.

Comfortable bed, French breakfast with extras. Very clean. Good location for major sites. Safe location

Awesome!!!
    • Classic Double Room

Not a bad breakfast but better quiosents and no iron in room. But still very good hotel and people and will be back soon!

Very cosy hotel!!! Location Perfect! Very romantic!The blonde girl at reception was awsome, she helped us with our boarding passes which were missing and she went beyond to fix everything for us! Cool stuff!!

Good location, very clean and nice hotel, great breakfast. I would definitely recommend it.
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms were a bit small. The main purpose of the trip was an after-wedding photoshooting and my wedding dress is quite a big one, so it was rather complicated to get dressed and undressed with it in a small room. In case you have a similar situation (or need a lot of space because of some other reason), maybe it is good to ask beforehand about the size if the room. I believe, though, that generally hotel rooms in Paris are rather small.

Good location; walking distance (3 min) to Place de la Madeleine and to Place du Concorde (10 min). Small, but comfortable rooms. Good breakfast options, quiet location, a few dining options nearby. Kind and helpful personnel with good command of English language.

The room and bathroom area
    • Classic Double Room

During our stay the room was not cleaned properly. This was brought to the attention of the night person at reception on two occasions. On the first occasion he appeared not to understand us. I had fed back this experience to the manager who appeared. Somewhat non- communal On the second occasion he appeared visibly annoyed by my feedback and spoke under his breath in what sounded like French. I was taken aback. Being a South African living in the Uk, I am accustomed to politeness and good customer service. This was quite unprofessional.

The room and bathroom area

Very nice hotel extremely helpful friendly staff
    • Classic Double Room

Expresso cups only. No kettle just coffee machine although tea bags Could of asked I suppose. Did ask for milk and quickly dealt with my request.

Very friendly staff couldn't do enough for you. Great location Very nice small boutique hotel.

Rated 4 star but just about a 3 star.
    • Classic Double Room

Room small.Cleaners didn't do much. Leak from sink overflow never repaired despite reminders.Difficult to adjust air conditioning. Lift broke down for 2days so had to carry baby and pushchair up to 3rd floor.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location in quiet road near to shops and public transport.

Great location and easy access to shops and touristic places.
    • Classic Double Room

The room is not very spacious and if travelling with kids, will be a bit difficult. The carpet was smelling a bit ( we thibk this because it was just cleaned before we got into the room) as it was wet so we just opened the windows to let the room aired a bit. As the shower cabin is a bit small, water was splashing on the floor.

The hotel is centrally located- easy access to nearby touristic places and shops and bus to the airport. The staff are very kind and helped to store our luggage as we were there before check in time and when we left the hotel, our flight was in the evening and they stored our luggage for a few hours after check out.

Location great but the hotel is not good value for money, more effort is needed with house keeping

The rooms had no UK TV, the WiFi did not work properly. The rooms were not very clean, the bed had a stain and the toilet had hair in it. Breakfast was poor, croissants were stale, there was very little choice for the hot food and what was there did not look appetizing.

Romantic Hotel - walking distance to Lourve /Tuileries
    • Classic Double Room

The kettle could have seen better days.

I really appreciated the mini fridge. The setting and atmosphere of the hotel was also really romantic. Breakfast was enjoyable - a wide variety was available.

Good Comfortable City Hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Not many English speaking channels on the TV.

A small hotel in a quiet central location in Paris. Beautiful period building and close to the metro station and I was able to walk to most central sites in Paris. good sized rooms with comfortable and good quality fittings. Quiet at night and a very good sleep in a comfortable bed. Good sized and modern bathroom. Lots of shopping, and restaurant options within walking distance from the hotel. Professional staff and eager to please. Recommended.

Not for me
    • Classic Double Room

I did not like the fact that I was given a room on the ground floor facing the street while I had requested a quiet room when I booked over a month ago, as I have problems of insomnia. Also, I did not like the way the staff handled my complaint as they said that that was the only room available and they couldn't move me to another one as they were fully booked so if I was not happy I could leave. Not one apology, very rude staff. I also had a prepaid rate so could not leave unless loosing the money I had already paid. The room was noisy as, beside the cars on the street, I could hear every single guest going in and out of the hotel and also their conversations. The room was also very dark as I had to keep the curtains closed as my window was facing the street and so was open to everybody to look inside. Breakfast was very poor and the Wifi didn't work and when I asked the concierge to help me to log in they were unable to make it work so couldn't work on my laptop unless using my mobile connection. Phone reception was also very bad so I had to open the window (the one on the street) in order to make a phone call. As I often travel to Paris for business I just wanted to try a new hotel but this one was definitely a huge disappointment. I hated my stay at Opera Marigny, I will never go back. Thank you.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the location as it is very convenient for me.

The location is fantastic on a quiet street just around the...
    • Classic Double Room

The air-conditioning in the room stopped working but as it was the weekend it could not be fixed. A very small minus to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

The location is fantastic on a quiet street just around the corner from La Madeleine and with pleasant walking distances to some of the best sights in Paris. The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were quiet and clean, if a bit small.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

İt was very bad experience
    • Classic Double Room

Everthing is so bad. The room is very small. Breakfast is poorly. There is a no garson breakfast time. Here is like 4 star hotel

Only location is good

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Comfortable beds, nice staff, but hotel rooms could use updating.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is old. Bathrooms need to be updated. Rooms have a musty smell.The desk chair was plastic. The tea/coffee set up is quite cheap ... This hotel does not feel like at 4 star hotel at all. I would rate this hotel 3 stars.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The location is great. Rooms were quiet. The staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Clean hotel, well located with minor issues but generally good value for money in the City centre.
    • Classic Double Room

Although the room was comfortable there was no drawer space at all so we lived out of the suitcase for our smaller items. Leaky tap on sink created a puddle, rainwater showerhead sprayed water everywhere, toilet refill sometimes just kept running and tea/coffee supply was not always refilled.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great location, average hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Lifts were slow although that's not a big deal. Rooms were slightly tired around the edges, especially the bathrooms. Rooms were very small but this is also to be expected.

Comfy bed, staff were very helpful and exceedingly pleasant. The location is fantastic though, and this is a reason alone to stay here.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location - we walked to...

We really couldn't fault it!

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location - we walked to most tourist attractions (Louvre, Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower), lovely & simple European breakfast available, walking distance to many cafes and restaurants.

I would defo recommend
    • Classic Double Room

When you use shower the whole bathroom floor gets flooded as it's only a half cover shower door They give kettle with tea and coffees etc but don't put any milk or stirrers, not a biggy but would just make sense to put them if they giving the others but I asked at reception and they gave me no problem

Location perfect for walking around and exploring, room quite small but good for the money

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Really clean good location
    • Classic Double Room

The free wifi was awful not good signal , the rooms looked a lot bigger on photos than they actually were , could of got a bigger hotel room somewhere else for the price

Really clean good location

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The personal is very attentive and polite.
    • Classic Double Room

There is a tea pot in the room but they do no serve any complimentary tea bags nor sugar or sugar sustitute. Also I had to ask for shampoo ans liquid soap because they did not supply a new bottle

The personal is very attentive and polite.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Location, price-quality, we booked a regular room but got a...
    • Classic Double Room

Our room had a really strong smokey odor.., I think because of the guests before us.. lt wasn't nice to sleep in as non-smokers

Location, price-quality, we booked a regular room but got a superior room instead, we found out only later, very kind and helpfull staff!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Mignon petit hotel pres de la place de l'opera. Tres bien situe.
    • Classic Double Room

Minor detail but the lift was a bit on the small side. I must admit I was quite loaded though with a stroller and big suitcase. Its surely ok for a standard traveller with cabin size lugages. Thanks Opera Marigny

The staff was so helpful and made my stay very comfortable. I checked in late in the night on my arrival and the attendant was very courteous, inviting and smiling. He also gave me good tips for my stay. The lady the next day was equally pleasant to deal with and proactive. I was trying to find my key as I was making my way to the lift and before I even knew she was there handing me another cut! I was impressed. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. Just a shame I didn't get to taste the breakfast, they had some pancakes and pain d'epices!!!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Not returning.
    • Classic Double Room

Unfortunately when we arrived our room was not ready as we arrived early morning but they notified us that the room would be available at 1pm. We went out and came back at 1pm, the room was not ready. They still had to take 'measurements' of the room and said it would take another 20 minutes. 45 minutes later, we were allowed to enter the room. There was quite a lot of noise within the hotel because the walls are so thin, you can hear your neighbour's conversation. No new sheets were given, everyday they would just re-make the bed, even though the sheets were dirty. We also put up a do not disturb sign once but they still entered the room. The staff were polite but not very enthusiastic and engaging. Overall, I wouldn't return back to this hotel.

The location was a good area near Opera Garnier.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

for a short stay, good hotel in the city center
    • Classic Double Room

When we came into our room, all we could see was a sofa bed and a child bed next to the sofa on different levels, as it was all dark, we didn't know the actual bed was in another room. once we have figured out that there was another room with a nice bed, it was ok. however, if the staff would have removed the child's bed and had left a nice sofa .. it would have been much nicer and no missunderstanding.

very quiet, nice balcony, nice bed once we discovered the actual bed room

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The location is great, small but very comfortable, with...
    • Classic Double Room

The location is great, small but very comfortable, with friendly staff. Breakfast basic but all you need...

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Room was smaller than we would have liked

Room was smaller than we would have liked

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Small and maybe not 4 star hotel

Great location(close to Metro stop and located in a safe...
    • Classic Double Room

Great location(close to Metro stop and located in a safe region). And fluent English in the reception which is helpful for a foreign tourist.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very comfortable room
    • Classic Double Room

A few more tea bags and some milk

Very comfortable room

Staff very helpful and friendly

Staff very helpful and friendly

Others all good
    • Classic Double Room

The wifi speed is very slowly

Others all good

Great location, value for money, friendly and helpful staff, all of them.

Breakfast choices was limited

The bed was super comfortable!

• Classic Double Room

Great location. Clean well appointed room

Pleasant and enjoyable stay

Pillow can be improved

Good amenity, comfy bed, newly renovated, clean, excellent location

Friendly staff and great location

The internet was so slow and breaking up

Friendly staff and great location

good
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

very small toellit, breakfast not so good

location is excellent,receptionists are good

Good location for public transport and walking distance to...

Small Lift Breakfast

Good location for public transport and walking distance to shopping Comfortable room with air conditioning Friendly staff

Great location, very new and clean

Great location, very new and clean

We loved the staff and location was so convenient to all of...

We loved the staff and location was so convenient to all of the major attractions. The manger,Martin,was more than accommodating.

The best Location and friendly helpful staff .Loved our stay here.
    • Classic Double Room

Very professional, very high standard, good price-value.
    • Classic Double Room

I have no negative comments whatsoever.

Nice bathroom, friendly staff, very good bed.

large, clean and comfortable rooms
    • Classic Double Room

nothing negative to say at all!

large, clean and comfortable rooms

Perfect to Explore Paris and very comfy stay
    • Classic Double Room

Very helpful staff spoke very good English

Great stay at this hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was somewhat small but it worked fine.

Loved the style, service, and location

Enjoyed my stay nice staff v clean and comfortable room with excellent location.

I didn't like that there are no slippers in the room

Amazing place, great location, will definitely visit again

Amazing place, great location, will definitely visit again

Nice little hotel in good central location.
    • Classic Double Room

Nice little hotel in good central location. Very friendly staff

No late checkout

STaff great, family room great, sofa need update, but overall all was great

Plan to return - great place and location!

Very friendly staff

Good place for short stay in Paris.

Cold scrambled eggs!

Nice room. Friendly receptionist. Would stay again.

Frist time im Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

Size of the room, but it's okay.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location.

Very nice hotel Ideal for weekend breaks
    • Classic Double Room

Quite small choice for breakfast

Clean room very comfortable beds

the service are not that nice.
    • Classic Double Room

the service are not that nice. especially, cleaning part!

Browse Hotel Opéra Marigny traveller photo gallery