Reviews of Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée 5 stars

13, Promenade des Anglais - BP 1655, 06000 Nice, France

#13 of 169 hotels in Nice

Could have been better. I expected a memorable experience.
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The staff wasn't helpful. We had an incident at the restaurant we were about to book a table with one person of the staff and someone that looked like a restaurant manager interrupted the conversation and said that the table just could be books for later. The first person who was dealing with us said that there were table with sea view earlier. The manager was kind of rude during this conversation. We booked a table for the time that she said and later because I saw from my balcony that there were tables available there I called the restaurants to see if we could go, again someone from the staf of said ok, we went downstairs and the manager received us saying that the table wasn't available I said that I just have called and her colleague said that was available for us. She just was convinced when another person from the staff confirmed the situation. In the end we couldn't get a table with clear sea view, even thought there were tables available there. This happened on the 14 of July, around 20pm. I was really upset because it was my wife's birthday. That's why I choose this hotel. I won't recommend.

The location and the comfortable of the room. Excellent bed.

We will return

Turndown a little early.

Warm and professional staff who aim to make your stay stress free and comfortable. Food excellent, linen crisp and high standard of cleanliness.

The location is wonderful, breakfast very enjoyable, the rooms should be renovated soon.

The WiFi was quite poor, but the stuff eventually helped to solve the problem at least partly.

Stuff was extremely polite and the view from our room was exquisite.

Perfect location , right across from the prom .

Breakfast was overpriced but plenty of restaurants nearby.

Perfect location , right across from the prom .. walking distance to shopping area and old town,amazing view from rooftop bar. Pool is lovely. Staff were top class, loved the art work around the hotel. Nice hotel for couples , girls break or solo traveller. I would most definitely stay again.

Great location to walk alongside the beach

The hotel Charged us for breakfast that We didn’t have! We checked out at 5:00 in the morning . The front desk clerk didn’t help the matter☹️Insisted on the charges.

Wonderful hotel,beautiful views mountains and sea,great location! Walking distance to the old town and market,friendly staff.

Wonderful & a great experience of Service Excellence

Gym to open earlier perhaps at 06h00 or even 05h00

I was catered for on gluten free food, breakfast & at anytime. The staff was amazingly welcoming especially Tom (Madagascar guy) who was forever willing to help. The location is the best. GYM great

Excellent location, with very friendly and helpful staff.

Hotel is in a wonderful location and the staff were fantastic - especially the concierge. Gave us recommendations for dinner each night which all turned out to be excellent and popular with locals, rather than just typical tourist spots.

Reception staffs and restaurant staffs are very nice and...
    • Queen Room

First day they forgot to handle my laundry and second day they forgot to clean my room. After my call, house keeper quickly clean my room. Their attitude is very nice.

Reception staffs and restaurant staffs are very nice and friendly.

Lovely stay, excellent location and extremely helpful staff

Separate toilet and bathroom . I need to have these two rooms together because of a disability

The staff were very helpful especially the concierge. Helped to make our travel arrangements very easy and gave us very good advice about what to see etc

TERRIBLE weather (rain every day) but we loved the sound of the sea with the balcony doors open
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The swimming pool, way too small

Very comfortable room with sea view. Excellent location, attractive decor, especially the artwork in the hotel. Very good dinner on the 3rd floor - maybe the menu was a bit heavy compared to our last visit though. Very helpful concierges and very pleased Greg organised for a jumper left behind to be returned

Amazing location, friendly, helpful staff and excellent breakfast buffet!
    • Premium Suite

Because of the building design the Sea view is completely obscured from the room. The rooms could use a refreshing of furniture and carpet to maintain the hotels rating.

Room was large, hotel was comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful. Room was well -serviced daily with cleaning, towels and water.breakfast buffet was excellent, lots of options and well stocked.

Perfect for families/ couples
    • King Room - Sea View

There wasn’t many vegetarian options at the breakfast buffet. The steam and sauna weren’t next to the swimming pool.

Rooms were very spacious and the staff were very helpful. The sea view rooms were breathtaking.

It was a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
    • King Room with Mountain View

Night time the restaurant by the sea should have more waiters, hence service was very slow. Need to buy more heating lamps as there was only one and we had to move.

We got a complimentary upgrade for a family room which really made it worth it and enjoyable with the lovely balcony and sea view.

Lovely Stay
    • King Room - Sea View

Breakfast standard could be improved; room is quite expensive.

Very nice room, sea view, great soundproofing, helpful receptionist, has everything a five star hotel should have. I surely will come back.

Lovely location.
    • Queen Room

Our bathroom flooded twice and this is not expected at this kind of property especially with the price you pay.

Lovely location. The restaurant and the pool area.

When you're driving from the Airport 1 building sticks...

When you're driving from the Airport 1 building sticks out in the distance from all the others. When the Taxi stops and you realise this is your hotel it's hard not to have a smile on your face. One of the finest hotels in the world

Good place to stay!

water complementary was first and last days only.

location!!! view! stuff were very frendly and wellcome! separetated restroom and huge shower room. hammam was good a specially in this rainy days. The most I like was matrass! So comfortable!!! sleep like a baby!

Good stay with slightly expensive restaurants
    • King Room with Mountain View

Hotel location is on the beach side, but the room for family was on mountain side. Yes, I knew it and I explained to my family about it beforehand, but they were disappointed with it.

Hotel location was very good along the beach and near to good restaurants. Toilet and Bath room is separated. It's also good. Staffs are very friendly and skillful. All of them, especially a bell person, were very helpful to my requests. My daughter was pleased with the swimming pool...

The worst hotel I've been in my entire life!

This was the most humiliating experience in a Hotel that I had. You don't deserve none from the 5 stars you have. To the management to this "hotel" I recommend - fire everybody and reopen this hotel after renovation with new personal, the only person who was doing his job in this place was a guy named Kevin from the restaurant, everybody else - terrible! I will never stay in Hyatt hotel ever again!

I saw nothing positive in this so called "Hotel"

very good
    • Double Room - Sea View

Only 9th floor can see the sea without shelter!

I really appreciate that they help me change the room from 5 floor to 9 floor. Because the sea view has been hidden by the wall in front of hotel.

Hyatt goes the extra mile for customer service!

The property and its location are perfect ! However it is the staff that makes everything excellent. The service quality and the focus to go the extra mile for their customers is outstanding. Specially duty manager Hugo. He went the extra mile and had a keen attitude to help me and my guest. After my departure I realized that i had forgotten something of value at the hotel. The hotel contacted me when they found out and was extremely diligent to get my belongings back to me. The honesty and service quality was something that made the Hyatt my place to go on me next visit to "I Love Nice". I am a business owner and a fan of service quality. Hugo and the rest of the staff definitely define what the Hyatt brand is about and thei effort the make it is definitely visible. Thanks Hugo and the crew !

Beautiful hotel with great location, see view and helpful...

Beautiful hotel with great location, see view and helpful reception and concierge. The room was upgraded to the sea view for free. Recommended for romantic weekend.

Good selection for breakfast.

Good selection for breakfast. rooms were clean, tidy and spacious, and all facilities were excellent. When you arrive at the hotel, you feel as is you are arriving at the best hotel on the promenade.

EXCELLENT HOTEL GO FOR IT !!

Nothing would stay again

EXCELLENT STAFF, BREAKFAST AND ALL AROUND HOTEL. GOOD POOL AND FITNESS CENTER NEAR THE BEACH, ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS I STAYED IN (AND I TRAVEL ALLOT) AND THE BEST DURING TRIP TO FRANCE THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE !!!

Highly recommended hotel and would stay there again

Nothing. I liked it all

The hotel staff were amazing. Nothing was ever to much for them. Every request was dealt with professionally. Loved the room and service levels. We even had a early check in and late check out at Jo extra cost. Well done. I would definitely recommend

Nice hotel good position and facilities
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

Got ignored at breakfast like i was nasty smell Under the staff noses! complained and the manager was fine sent up a bottle of wine !

Nice hotel good position and facilities

Great location for restaurants, shopping, walking along the...

Great location for restaurants, shopping, walking along the promenade to markets and the harbour. Only a 20 minute stroll to the train station. Also great breakfast at this hotel.

The breakfast was over priced and the hot buffet was cold, they said on the website the hotel had bikes but failed to say this was only in peak season and the bar area is very dated!

Not a 5 star hotel - overpriced for the facilities which it offers.
    • King Room - Sea View

* Facilities, mainly the gym. * Inaccurate information about being able to stay in room * Pool area * Overpriced restaurant and bar * No hard pillows - all too soft

Travelled with Ryan Air to Nice which was a good experience considering it is a low budget airline. Took a taxi from the airport to the hotel which cost 38Euros which is about right. When I arrived at the hotel the greeting was excellent and was assisted with our bags and shown to the check-in desk. Was told room wasn't ready which was fine, as we went and sat in the bar. The view was amazing from the balcony and the weather was excellent. The restaurant however is overpriced for both drinks (cocktails) and food, the pool is right beside the place to eat - which felt weird and pigeons walk around everywhere! The service however was excellent and the staff were very friendly. We was then given keycard to the room. We asked for a sea view which we had, however there was a large wall blocking out half of the sea. For this reason, a partial view room would be fine and would be less money. The room was not a 5 star by any standard, I would give it a 3 star. The facilities are not modern in the room. The balcony also is right beside other room and therefore no privacy. The pool looks murky and not inviting and the gym is atrocious. Not a 5 star gym - the equipment is basic. The restaurant decor is very fancy and nice, but does not fit in with the rest of the hotel. They did cater for my partner's birthday and had a lovely cake in the room waiting for him. Breakfast was nice and a standard buffet. The selection was not wide, but you could order omelette freshly made. You also had the option of sitting inside or outside which was nice. Steam and sauna is available, but not anything special in terms of the decor. No ambience or lighting to make it more of a relaxing experience. The main disappointment was that our flight did not leave until 8:30pm and the night before I called down to reception to ask for a late checkout for 5pm. I was told this was fine, only to receive a call the next day at 12 saying we only had 30 mins to check-out.

Nice hotel great staff but not 5 star.
    • King Room with Mountain View

Facilities are poor never a 5 star Dated pool only one sauna and steam room was out of order. Only a few sun loungers. The hotel is lovely but I've stayed in better 4star hotels. Rooms are small although ours was a king family room. Bar prices are reficulous 10 euro for half a beer couldn't justify sitting in bar at nights. I guess it's just an expensive resort though

Beautiful

Not all room have good view. The receptionist was kind enough to consider my request for a better view than the one I booked.

It was an amazing experience. Great location , the hotel smells really nice we felt home everytime we walked in.

Hyatt - Nice
    • King Room with Mountain View

Why not plaster the brand name all over the building? For some odd reason, the "hyatt" name is not easy to see/read when driving by, and was therefore difficult to locate. 30 Euros for parking per night is a bit much IMO but I guess it is what it is.

Located very close to the old city, 10 mins walking distance. Lots of shops close by and plenty of dinner options. Breakfast was amazing. Rabia was excellent at serving everyone.

Needs face lift...
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

Needs refurbishment... Check in staff was ignorant and arrogant until the manager took control. There are much better 4 star hotels at a higher standard but lower rates near by.

Location is great.

Would stay again, great location and facilities

Service at breakfast on last day (Sunday) a bit lax. No waiting staff appeared until after 8am

Bed was huge and comfy. We had very quiet room Breakfast choice was excellent. Particularly liked omelettes made to order

The location of hotel is excellent, close to all areas of...
    • Double Room - Sea View

The location of hotel is excellent, close to all areas of Nice you may want to visit. The staff were friendly and professional at all times, providing guidance and assistance when required.

Almost everything!

Mini bar was not refilled during my three day stay.

Almost everything! Pool and sauna were really nice! Amazing place in the best location! Rooms are very clean and stuff of the hotel is truly helpful! Was choosing between Hyatt and Negresco and I am totally satisfied with my decision )))

I like the Location, view and clean rooms
    • Deluxe King

So far nothing

I like the Location, view and clean rooms Also the size of the suite was very good with amazing breakfast choices and friendly staff.. Highly recommended to try this great hotel..

The location, pool and terrace made the hotel an excellent choice for our trip.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

Staff and service for breakfast was very poor. Rooms were tired and needed updating for a hotel of that quality.

Excellent pool and terrace. Fantastic staff on the concierge desk... very helpful.

Pleasent stay.

No beach access.

Location, cleanness of the hotel and the bed is absolutely one of the most comfortable beds I slept on. It was our honeymoon and the hotel staff were very kind and offered us drinks and macroon that was delicious.. Thank you for the nice gesture ❤

was ok

halls didn't smell fresh.. hairdryer was low speed.. 16 euros for a bloody Mary.. mountain view wasent nice.. makeup lighting was poor

location is excellent right on the promenade

Great time on Nice
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

Beaches are very rocky with no sand but that's Nice. Everything is expensive but food is great.

Friendly and super helpful staff who all spoke English. Pool was cold but pretty. Chairs were comfortable by the pool although not tons of them. It's shady by pool but nice.

All over was very good

We had 2 room in 3th floor that didn't have view & we saw the wall ,& when we request for an upper floor room the staff answered very impolite to us ,they didn't change the room for us

The comfortable bed

The hotel is ideally located, wonderful staff, across the...
    • Twin Room with Mountain View

The hotel is ideally located, wonderful staff, across the street is the beautiful beach. The hotel itself is lovely. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

love hotel and staff are top notch excellent position so near to shops restaurants etc
    • Double Room - Sea View

no problems at this hotel as they will always help if there was one

this is a great hotel slightly pricey but with top class staff, so helpful would go back next year but service for disabled at airport would have to improve but as I wish to return I intend raising this issue with the carrier

Not good at all

Worst Hotel experience ever! It was my first visit at Nice with my husband celebrating our anniversiry, we've planned for this trip for too long, the hotel was recommended by our travel agency for best location. Location was great. Other than that, everything was below expectation and horrible. starting with our room. The room's size online was spacious the actual one was very very small. We couldnt keep our luggage anywhere. The bathroom's shower was not fixed properly and when it was used for the first time. The floor of the bathroom became a pool. And the carpet of the room was soaking wet almost reaching the bed. the toilet was in a speperate room from the sink. The windows were very high and it was blocked by a large outside wall. No view. Even though we've booked for a view. no decorations in the room. We've basically paid €330.65 per night for nothing. It was not a luxury hotel. It was devestating and unpleasant. today we've reached Cannes and we are trying to stay away from any Hayatt hotel due to our experience. Even though it looked great we tried to avoid the same experience so we've booked in a near by hotel. we've upcoming days here in France. Hopefully we'll be having a better experience.

I had an amazing stay and the staff helped make the visit even more so, I would certainly recommend.
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

At this time I cannot think of anything that I would say I didn't like, the only thing that did cause confusion for me was the breakfast set up. Maybe this could be explained better or have breakfast included option on the booking site.

Upon arrival I asked to have bed linen changed as I am allergic to feathers, no problem and they changed straight away. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant without being too much. I enjoyed the swimming pool best and was lucky enough to have great view from my room. The room was very spacious and had great facilities.

Location was fantastic and the room was extremely...

You need to pay for beach access if you want to use the nearby private beach (there is a free beach across the street through!). Next time we visit, would pay a little more for the sea view room :)

Location was fantastic and the room was extremely comfortable. All of the staff we spoke with were very hospitable and went out of their way to help us. We had one incident where we left our safe box open and when we called the Hotel they acted impressively fast and sorted us out immediately - the manager on duty this day was incredible!

Superb location, full facilities

We chose one of the less expensive rooms as we didn't intend being in the hotel for long periods. The view across a barren inner rooftop area was fairly unexciting. Maybe some features could be placed on that vast bare area.

Superb location, full facilities.

Service Staff was perfect

There was no window in My Room. I send mail before than My stay about balcony but nobody respond me. I was in code a'zur but ı couldnt see to outside than My Room ...ı understand safety first but windows should be open half or somebody should send a mail to me My Room without balcony...maybe ı can cansel My reservation before than arrival

Service Staff was perfect

Bed very comfortable

1) Check in very uncomfortable, intimidating and a very bad start . 2) Room recommended for 3 was 50% more expensive than the room for 2, therefore we expected this room to be more spacious and have at least 3 regular single beds. Both rooms were the same size . The room for 3 had one camp bed which was not as comfortable as a regular bed and also restricted access to the balcony. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant as we felt breakfast at €28 per person was an excessive amount on top of the room rate.

Bed very comfortable Gym / sauna/ steam room very good. central location.

The location was excellent

I booked a king room with balcony but they gave me a room with no balcony in the first night we arrived, simply because the hotel was full! After complaining they changed the room but even the new room had a small balcony with very limited view! I think the reservations not made through their website get less priority...

The location was excellent

gorgeous views!
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

the rooms are a little dated...a few broken items, dirty looking carpet, a little noisy. for the price i paid, i expected better quality. had to pay to use the private beach...and it wasn't cheap!

the location was wonderful. the staff was so friendly and helpful.

Great position - small seating area by pool

Shower leaked all over floor as screen over bath needed fixing Cobwebs on balcony - Bed not that comfortable

Big room Large balcony as was on a corner

size of wardrobe...miniscule!!

Staff all very welcoming and courteous. Room a reasonable size .Bed super comfy. Excellent housekeeping.Great location both for transport and access to shopping area and restaurants. Cannot comment on breakfast/dining as we chose to eat out. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Short two day break.

Decor was great. Location to the town center was superb, easy walk into old town. Take the Small Train excursion around the old town. Views are wonderful.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Perfect location but rooms are not the greatest.
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

Sea View is not great due to arc and columns, the bathroom set up needs refurbishment and toilet seat are separated completely which is not convenient.

The room is cosy and the beds are comfortable. Staff are supportive.

Fantastic
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Partial Sea view on the 6th floor should be renamed to pool view. You can only see the sea through small squares.

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was excellent and professional. The concierge gave great recommendations for dinner. The location was perfect for walking to beach dining and shops.

Perfect location
    • King Room with Mountain View

Had to ask for change of room as 3 adults in 1 room, 1 was on a pull out bed with mattress in 3 sections which kept moving. Fine once moved to a proper bed!

Perfect location walked from the airport (took about 1.5 hours), close to all the major attractions. Pool and restaurant beautiful. Not worth the extra money if you don't use them.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

We found that Nice is not a bad place to be with a heavy cold. Better without one though.

Not much drawer space for clothes. My wife was quite ill one night and we had dinner in our room. The desert was ice cream and we put it in the fridge for a few minutes whilst eating the main course. I think we were charged for using the fridge!

The beds were comfy and we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Comfortable stay!
    • King Room with Mountain View

The hotel is well maintained, clean and conveniently located next to the beach. Staff are professional and helpful. The room is large and bed is comfortable.

Nice weekend
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

Long weekend shopping, exploring trip. Such a good choice! Easy 15 min transfer from the airport, fab hotel for Nice, friendly helpful staff, beautiful view over the sea, you can sit out on the terrace for eating. Lots of choices for breakfast, location is perfect for exploring the old town or walking along the promenade, 15 min walk to the train station. We walked everywhere. Ate in the hotel piano bar one night after a long day out, just snacks and drinks listening to live piano, it was perfect. Short walk to really good restaurants around the back for dinner another night. Room and beds, really good size, lovely linen and really comfortable. Highly recommend, would definitely return to stay here!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Room security was terrible. Cleaners left veranda door wide open 2 days running leaving all valuables very vulnerable. Still happening after letting managers know. Felt unsafe about this.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Best place to stay in Nice
    • King Double Room with partial Sea View

The best bed I've tried at a hotel. the staff is friendly and helpful. the hotel smells amazing and its clean. Perfect location close to everything you need in Nice.

Unforgettable, great time in a great hotel in a great location

In the 3 days I was there its difficult to find fault, in fact there were none as I recall

Bed was comfortable and a very good size, Superb food in the restaurant and the staff were very professional.

Staff at reception very helpful.

The room security. Twice we came back to find balcony door wide open with laptops etc all out we were worried by this. Moved room second time to get a more responsible person cleaning room.

Staff at reception very helpful. Comfy beds and large rooms

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The hotel is in a beautiful positriggt in front of the beach.

Leaving!!

The hotel is in a beautiful positriggt in front of the beach. We were upgraded to a larger room which was lovely. We did not eat at the restaurant so can't comment on that . There are lot of great bars and restaurants nearby. The airport bus stops right outside the hotel, bus stop congris . The staff were very friendly and helpful. The gym was small but the machines were very modern and had everything you need for a workout.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

beware the landmark facade, its an obstructed view
    • Double Room - Sea View

Because of the landmark facade of the hotel, the actual rooms are behind it and although we had a sea facing room, the view was obstructed by the facade. It should be made clearer on the hotel website. The room was a bit dark

service, comfort and cleanliness were top rated

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Wonderful place to stay in Nice
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

Cleaning could be better vacuuming every day Didn't like the breakfast room nor the way we couldn't use both sides when one side wasso busy

Staff super friendly An environment and decor like at home feel which is cosy, warm and modern Location is great close to pedestrian streets Nice terrasse - pool and bar restaurant

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

One of the best hotels in Nice

I loved everything.

great location, sea view in the room on 5 floor, spacy room, room service food is very good. Great choice in Nice, where there are very few good hotels. Hyatt is very good one ! next time I will stay there again

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Great weekend away
    • King Room - Sea View

Very expensive breakfast. Moderate choice but no better than we've had elsewhere for a much lower charge.

Great location, lovely hotel, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

An excellent choice for a luxurious break

At 28 euros the price for breakfast is prohibitive. We went to a nearby cafe on most days which charged 9 euros for a perfectly good petit dejeuner

All staff were unfailingly helpful, professional, and expert in their various capacities. The view over the bay from the Terrace bar is superb

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Would love to return to the Hyatt Regency Hotel Palais
    • King Room with Mountain View

This hotel checks the box in so many ways. Great location, with town easily walkable, beautiful decor and comfort, staff so professional and accommodating, and the lobby itself has a wonderful smell to it!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Cracking Hotel

Not a dislike more a comment - a Coffee Shop would be a nice addition

This is a superb and comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, the beds are really comfortable. Pool access is good, enter indoor and swim indoor or outdoor. It's temp is perfect. All the staff are excellent with Martin (Head Waiter) and Alice (Front Desk) outstanding. The Buffet Breakfast is super. Le 3eme Restaurant is excellent and lunching on the Terrace is a delight.

A most enjoyable stay on the seafront and close to the old town.
    • King Room - Sea View

Only got free wi-fi for part of the stay. If I wanted more access I had to buy a package.

The comfort and ambience of the hotel with very friendly and polite staff.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Great location, but facilities were a little below our...
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Great location, but facilities were a little below our expectation to Hyatt brand. No shower in the gym/pool area is weird. Staffs are overall friendly. The doorman didn't greet not helped with luggage when we checked in.