Reviews of Palym 3 stars

4 Rue Emile Gilbert, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#385 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The lift was slow and small and had broken down when we wanted to check out.

Reception staff (particularly Guillaume) were very helpful, friendly and professional. They were able to accommodate all of our needs. The location was good - metro close at hand and lots of eating, drinking and shopping options within walking distance. Room was very pleasant and clean.

The light of room is kind of dark and no mineral water served in the room

It is suited near Lyon station within 3 mins walking distance. There are various restaurants, bars, and shoes nearby, very convenient.

Some of the lights did not work

The bed was extremely comfortable, ,air conditioning very good, it was quite and close to the station. staff very helpful

• Quadruple Room

Sofa bed to turn room into one suitable for four people.

Fantastic location for Gare De Lyon station. Excellent air conditioning made for a restful night's sleep.

Room too small. Lightings in rhe bathroom are blinking and the door at the shower area cannot close properly. No kettle and no fridge. Lift was too small, advised that only 2 person can fit in and too slow.

Staff are helpful.

Lift was too small and very slow. No kettle or fridge in the room. Breakfast is not good. Streets outside the hotel is dirty and quite smelly.

The room was good same aa advertised and the staff are nice and helpful. They even allow us to leave one big luggage as we need to go to Slovenia for 6 days and back to same hotel after. The location is near to train station.

• Superior Single Room

Location so close to Gare de Lyon and Le Bus Direct made the last day of my 3 week holiday in France stress free. My room was modern,clean and comfortable. Great airconditioning and Wifi. Staff were helpful in recommending a bistro which I thoroughly enjoyed. A great hotel if you are travelling to or from Gare de Lyon and then having to get your flight from CDG.

Windows could only be fully opened, but not vented. Towels were very thin ...and not soft. Shower doors need to be adjusted to close rightly.

Close proximity to train station and the #4 bus stop for Le Bus Direct to CDG airport. Also a nice selection of restaurants in the area. Property was well kept with recently updated rooms and AC .ade dort very comfortable sleeping.

The staff are very helpful. The location is perfect if you are travelling to or from the Gare de Lyon or Austerlitz. There are good restaurants very close by.

Some instructions must be in English as not all travellers understand French. I have problem understand the instruction shown on the TV screen. So didn’t manage to watch any program during the stay.

Very conveniently situated, just opposite Gare de Lyon Station.

The rooms are small, but, for the price I shouldn't complain. The breakfast is filling. Fresh fruit would go down well. Small niggles, overall very good

We have stayed before, and as were treating friends for a big birthday to a weekend in Paris we decided to stay again. We knew what we were getting . Small, comfortable, very clean, reasonable breakfast and a fantastic location. And, at a brilliant price. Will definitely be back

Could do with tea and coffee in the room. Thin walls, could bear next doors tv, and noise from the street quite bad in the mornings.

Lovely clean room and bathroom, comfy big bed. Lots of plug sockets. Close to Gare de Lyon metro station.

We had a surprise charge of 50 euro on top of our booked rate for a toddler. The area is sketchy, some intoxicated folks were yelling till 5am by our windows

Close to Gare de Lyon

The walls are not well sound insulated making it a bit noisy when neighbors are loud or when bathroom facilities are used.

Good location, very close to Gare de Lyon. This made it easy to get around Paris and beyond. The room was recently refurbished in a very modern style.

Our room did not have a nice view.

Beds were very comfy, the room was very clean and very cute. The hotel was quiet and serene which allowed for a full night's rest. Hotel staff was always friendly and the area was perfect to travel by metro. I loved our stay, I did not want to leave! Good value for €€, Highly recommend this place!

My biggest complaint is how thin the walls were. We heard everything and could never sleep in because of construction beginning at 8am right outside our window. Other than that, the room was as expected.

The staff was excellent, which I appreciated. I also liked the shower, it was like a waterfall and had very hot water.

Room a little cramped. The elevator broke down and we had to carry suitcases and bags down three floors.

We booked at Palym to be close to Gare de Lyon which it was. A lot of eating places close by. Staff pleasant.

Elevator/lift was out of service upon check out, but staff helped us carry heavy luggage down stairs.

Nice compact hotel with comfortable beds and large pillows, nice bathroom with shower. Great location across from train station and 15 minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral.

Public areas a bit run down, room key card weirdly treated like an old fashioned key (duplicates not issued and had to hand card to reception when we went out for dinner)

Great location, very comfortable beds, quiet night with good curtains.

You could here the neighbours in the other rooms.

Very friendly staff! And very good location if you like us arrive late in the evening with train to Gare-du-Lyon, It’s very close!

The breakfast was extremely bland and boring. Always the same thing, mainly croissants and cereal. The only source of protein was yoghurt. I was put in room 2 which is next to the street. Lots of noise at all hours of the night from drunk people. The staff while professional, are very aloof and unfriendly. I asked for a cup of water 3 times before I got it and each time, I was looked at like I was irritating the staff.

The hotel is located about 200m from Gare de Lyon which gives you access to all of Paris. The neighborhood is also not bad with lots of places to eat. The room was clean

Desk staff were friendly and helpful. Room, small by USA standards, was adequate and well laid out. Location was good, near to transportation and restaurants.

Room size is limited as is common in paris but Palym met our expectations

Friendly staff went out of their way during our visit Excellent location opposite Gare de Nord excellent shower

Noisy lift all night but the checkout staff told me they were going to have a new one The single room is very small, needs blackout blind on small vellux window

Nice bed, clean room and bathroom. Fresh towels and soap daily Nice coffee Nice staff

There was construction happening, so if you are staying here during the week and want to sleep late, it may be a problem. We stayed during the weekend, so there was no construction. We checked out on Monday and construction started at 8am.

Location, location, location; the location is superb for the price! The Gare du Lyon is across the street so it’s easy to catch public transportation to view Paris if you are tired of walking. Plenty of restaurants and bakeries nearby the hotel. A pharmacy and grocery across the street too so if you forget any toiletries you can just buy it here. Plenty of beautiful Parisian sights within a one mile radius of the hotel: Notre Dame, Jardin de Plantes, Museum of Natural history, the Siene, and so much more! The room was a bit small BUT we didn’t choose to stay at this hotel to be in our room all day...we wanted to walk to nearby attractions and stay in Paris on a budget. Very friendly and helpful staff! The breakfast was delicious, typical continental food: croissants, pastries, various jams and Nutella, cereal, fruit cocktail, yogurt, with a bonus of ham and cheese, and you can also make soft boiled or hard boiled eggs! We made breakfast sandwiches every morning, very filling!

Very convenient for Gare de Lyon but quiet. No concerns about walking to the hotel even with a late arrival by Train. Quite expensive for what you get however it is central Paris! I didn’t try the breakfast.

Water leaking bathroom ceiling for 2days complained it but the hotel management did not do anything. Our 2nd room smells like cigarette smoke coming from somewhere. The cleaner doesn’t clean well caught her just wiping the water stains with a towel. Tiny pieces of tissue still on the carpet floors. Bedding fixed but not well aligned. Side tables still dusty

Near station and restos

* No kettle and fridge in the room * No free bottle of water upon arrival * Small bathroom and toilet was placed in front of the wall so there was no space for your legs when you sit (consider to choose bigger room) * Leaving a key/card in the reception when you go out, even though we did not have a problem to pick up the key when we were back

* Location! It's a perfect place. Walking distance to many attraction. Metro station with 5 lines just around the corner. Easy access to both airports (CDG by train through Gare du Nord and ORY by bus or train). Many restaurants and bars around. * Interior design. Very nice, cozy place with good decoration. * Bed. Super comfortable.

The room (attic room 68) was exceptionally cramped, with a scaffolding masking light off a small transom and roofers hammering tiles overday from 8:3 am.

Location near Gare de Lyon.

• Quadruple Room

• Bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. • My just-turned-3-year-old girl had a tantrum when we were supposed to check-out and left her little back pack with all her toys, crayons and a few birthday presents on the floor in our room where she was coloring while I packed the bags. I was travelling alone with 3 small kids and didn’t notice immediately that the bag was missing. When I called the hotel later they first told me they didn’t find anything in the room. I said that is impossible; I KNOW it was left there. Then the guy tells me they throw everything away that they find in the rooms. When I said I find that hard to believe he tells me he looked again and there are plenty of trousers and shoes but no back pack. When I ask why do they keep trousers and shoes but not a child’s back pack he got really huffy and told me the hotel is not responsible for things left behind. I agree. But a reputable hotel keep forgotten things for a couple of days, at least. So the only explanation is the housekeeping staff bagged the lovely things for themselves / their kids. Bottom line: the hotel cleaning staff are untrustworthy and management don’t really care about this.

Great location for Gare de Lyon / RER to Disneyland.

Lift is old and can only take 2 people and really slow. The whole hotel, rooms and everything was pretty old.

Location is close to the Lyon station, and many restaurants, but its a bit sketchy at night.

My parents stayed there but I've paid for them. It wasn't that easy to pay for them. The Hotel asked for my ID and my card but, instead of charging me at the moment of my parents check-out, they charged me in advance (eventho the reservation made on Booking did not foresee any advanced payments).

A big plus was the location, the breakfast and the modern rooms.

There was some kind of construction work going on (seems like it was upstairs) and there was a lot of noise that woke me up at 8AM. The elevator motor is loud and clunky - even though it was 2 rooms away I could hear it running at night. Wifi is terribly slow. They ask you to leave your room card at the reception each time you go out.

Great location - just outside Gare de Lyon. Clean and nice rooms.

The night shift front desk person greets its clients with a shotgun in his mouth and suffers of inferiority complex. Ruined my experience and had to call the police to have him give me the room key of a room I had Pre paid. Terrible. Keep away from this hotel.

Location fantastic for sightseeing, kind staff, good continental breakfast - really tasty croissants and some simple adds. Room was very clean, they were changing towels every day what wasn't necessary. Comfortable bed. There were refurbishment going on without any impact on our comfort. The price very good for what we had.

No English channels on TV. We asked reception to book a cab,we were not informed that it’s normal practice to have a 7 Euro addition to fare when you ring a cab,as opposed to hailing one. Guest should be informed by reception,allowing for informed decision making.

Breakfast and super warm bedroom.

Great location. I had a quiet room - reasonable size. Nicely decorated and well fitted-out. Clean, modern bathroom with a great shower. Pleasant, helpful staff. Good breakfast. A very happy stay.

Receptionist kept us waiting quite a while so she could do her admin work. Thought she could have dealt with us then she could continue her work afterwards.

The staff cannot deal with things well and always in anxious mood. We ask her hot water for instant food because of exhausted body after long flight, and she forbid us to enjoy meal in our own room. It's not a good experience to have meal in the lobby.

The location is great, easily to go anywhere in Paris.

Honestly, I'd have liked to know that my room was just next to the breakfast area, even though there wasn't that much noise, but still I would prefer to be elsewhere.

Very near to Gare de Lyon, which means you had public transport available 100 metres from the hotel and could easily go anywhere in town - that was awesome. Nice room, small but enough for a solo traveller. Clean, comfy, looked new. Friendly staff.

• Superior Single Room

The walls are a bit thin

The hotel was very easy to find - all I had to do was exit Gare de Lyon in the right direction. There are major restaurants in and around the station, but there are more affordable and cozy restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance.

I would prefer to be charged more for breakfast and to have a few more options.

The Palym has a great location within easy walking distance of the Gare de Lyon and the Metro Line 1, which serves many of the main tourist destinations. The room we had was very clean, quiet, and spacious by Paris standards and the king size bed was very comfortable. The separate toilet was very small, but the modern shower was very spacious. The breakfast, really inexpensive, was adequate. This is the second time we have stayed there and we will definitely stay there again.

no minibar considering there is no bar in the hotel. Breakfast very basic (low range) Poor wifi connection and quite complicated (one different access per device)

The location close to the station for one night transit

My room was on the first floor looking out onto a truly hideous fan setup of some sort. It felt like Blade Runner and not in a good way. If I go back I would want to make sure I get a higher floor next time. The internet was a bit iffy as well.

I booked this hotel because of the proximity to Gare de Lyon, and there it did not disappoint! Super easy to find the hotel and to arrive there from the station as it is pretty much across the street. The room and the bathroom were spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. Within walking distance there are lots of restaurants and bars. Go to check out the Place d'Aligre market, just 10 minutes walk away.. its the best market in Paris in my opinion. My single room was tiny. Its ok for a couple of nights but any more than that and I would have started to feel pretty claustrophobic. Book this place for what it is - a great transit hotel.

I would have liked to check in earlier after my flight, but what can you do? I also had a problem with my bank card from the US, but the reception desk was able to accommodate me. I tried to pay for the room in advance and they don't allow you to online.

I stayed for 2 nights and had 2 different rooms; I actually preferred the less expensive smaller room. Since the hotel is on a side street, it is very quiet. My second room was on a higher floor and had a really great view of the landmark train station across the street. The bed was really comfy and the bathrooms are all ultra modern. The rooms are very small, but functional and exceptionally clean. The staff is really helpful and sweet. I especially liked the breakfast :) and proximity to the trains and buses.

The area is not the prettiest, as it is generally the case nearby big train stations, but regardless I felt very safe.

More than anything else having booked this accommodation well ahead of time it offered a very good cost benefit value. Above average. I liked the fact that the decor of the hotel was modern, the staff was very friendly and the underground station was a minute away (the yellow line for exemple is two stops from the Marais and 5 to the Louvre and Jardin des Tuilleries). There is an express supermarket nearby which is handy. Also because it is close to the train station there's always a few options nearby for a quick or early/late snack/light meal. There a few cafe's and brasseries in the area too. The hotel is located within walking distance to the March d'Aligre, Jardin Des Plants and the Seine. It's a great option for those arriving or leaving Paris via Gare de Lyon (2 minute walk).

All good.

Loved this Hotel, Staff so friendly, Great location,a few minutes from station, Lots of restaurants near by Hotel. Highly recommend this Hotel and lovely helpful Staff.

Room and bathroom small, so if I was staying longer I would probably prefer a little more space. However excellent value for what we paid

Excellent location for the gare de Lyon and onward travel. Small comfortable room well decorated with a good breakfast. Excellent value for such a central location.

Room quite stuffy and warm. Noise from both the street and corridor noticeable. Beds fine but pillows small and not very comfortable. In-room safe not working due to low battery and couldn't be fixed the day we arrived.

Very close to Gare de Lyon. Bathroom a reasonable size with an excellent shower. Staff friendly and efficient

Very helpful staff, especially the gentleman on duty in the afternoon of 4th October. Lovely comfy bed and spotless linen. This is our 4th time at the hotel and we will return. Thank you!

Would have to say our introduction to hotel was on of the most rude exchanges experienced in any type of customer service. This with the noisy repairs in the next room early in morning alongside the tiny room. Had there not been a penalty for changing the reservation, we would have done so.

Arrived at 11pm (by arrangement) after 10 hour rail journey and told that the lift was not working and our room was on the 6th floor. I am 75 and had 2 heavy suitcases. I point blank refused to carry them up 6 flights and there was no offer to help. After long discussion we were offered a more expensive room on the first floor at our same agreed price. The porter offered to take the cases up but when they did not appear after 20 minutes I came down and carried them myself.

Clean room and good location for Gare de Lyon railway station

The room was located on the ground floor directly off the breakfast room and with a window directly on the street. No hôztel room should be so poorly situation.

I would like to have found shampoo & conditioner - being from Australia, it's what I'm used to & I was expecting to wash my hair.

Palym is perfectly located to Gare de Lyon for early trains out of Paris. The beds & pillows are beautifully comfortable. Breakfast was fresh & delicieux.

• Quadruple Room

Limited selection of items for breakfast, but what there was, was nice. Refurbishment and repainting was going on at another floor and the paint smell was very strong. The lift was out of use a few times during our stay and the 5th floor is along way up!

Freshly refurbished, large room for a family of four, with comfortable beds! Perfect location and quiet for so near to a train station. Within walking distance of all attractions.

The hotel placed a hold on my credit card and refused to authorise this transaction. The hotel requested another credit card for the price of my stay and until now the first hold was not released. i.e till date I am paying double the price until they release the hold I can't believe that such a hotel was not equipped with coffee and tea making facilities at the room.

The location and the cleanliness were very good

they take the room card each time you leave, left is really small, only one is available, when i was talking to the staff they never even smile! room was too small with so small window on the backyard.

Near a metro station, somehow so you don't have to walk a lot to reach it. area is quite away from tourists areas, cafes and restaurants around. price per night is a bit high but less the other hotels around

We stayed one night and chose the hotel as it was close to the rail station and we had an early journey the next day. We arrived at 9.30 a.m. (after an overnight flight from Asia) and were told the room would be ready at 2.00 p.m. Can't complain about that as it is in their booking conditions. However, many airport hotels are now much more flexible on check in / out timings as guests arrive and depart at non standard times. Otherwise no complaints.

• Superior Single Room

The breakfast fruit salade not very fresh I d rather prefer fresh seasonal fruits The price of the 1/2liter of water ($3) more expensive tnan airport

The overall design very cute and elegant small boutique hotel

The hotel was in a great location for our very early start the following day from gare du lyon. Staff were friendly hotel clean and great restaurant minutes away. Don't know about location for sights in paris as we were passing through on this occasion and early start meant we did mot have breakfast though they did offer to sort something out.

Very nice staff checked me in. Hotel has really reallyyyy comfortable room and facilities, could not go wrong. Have useful USB charge points in the wall as well. very clean and tidy. A great booking for a short stay in paris and like in my case, EXCELLENT if you are planning on hoping on a train from the Gare de Lyon which is a 45 second walk outside.

There wasn't a light above the mirror so doing my makeup was a bit difficult as I wanted to sit down on the floor infront of the mirror and not stand in the bathroom. that was only a minor thing though.

The hotel was amazing! recently renovated and they did an awesome job. I think there were some rooms still gettin done out when we stayed there but that had no affect on us! They have a lift also which is amazing for suitcases, and the staff are unbelievable! So friendly and welcoming! The area is fine, it's located off the Main Street where the Gare Du Lyon metro travels, the area is fine, I saw some reviews saying it was seedy etc but it's fine, nothing different from other areas, the odd homeless person or drunk here and there. There is a corner shop at the bottom of the street, that is open 24 hours. Your located in a main area though and the hotel isn't that far down. The room was lovely, small but nice enough to feel comfortable! It was cleaned daily! There's I also air con in the room which we didn't realise until the second day haha and the shower is pretty good! the bathroom is a bit small but it doesn't affect the stay at the hotel! There are plugs all over!! Haha and USB ports next to the bed! over all it's nice and if you're there for a few nights it is perfect! We never stayed for breakfast which I wish we had at least one day, but nevermind there is plenty around to go grab a bite to eat! Bastille is literally a 10 minute walk down a main road, and there is plenty good bars and restaurants around not to mention a huge street with loads of good store etc! So it's pretty good having that around the corner! The 11th quarter is a lovey area to be around also! Metro is perfect as it's right where you need it and located on the yellow line which gets you to louvre and champs elysee quite easily! There is the RER service however it is suspended until around the 27th August 2017. If needing the train for Disneyland just travel to Nation on the metro and you're able to get it directly from there. Overall it's a delightful stay at the Hotel Palym and if you feel disappointed then you are clearly very fussy!

Breakfast not included in the price but for another 10€/person. That was too much so we did not opt for it.

Room quality for the given price (considering Paris standards) was excellent.

Rooms on the street side are larger but a little more noisy.

Staff were excellent. Arrived early so room was not ready but offered right away to keep our luggage for which they have a good system. Rooms have just been renovated. Modern and very clean.

Excellent location for an early departure from Gare du Lyon. Offered breakfast even though we were leaving before 6am. Friendly staff small but well equipped room and very comfy bed. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Had to give them the key every time we left. As with most hotels in Europe, the key was used to provide power to the room. If the key wasn't in it's slot, the power (i.e., lights and plugs to recharge electronics) wouldn't come on. The rooms were small, but very clean and modern. This is very common in Europe.

The Palym is located right across the street from a major train station and metro. It is very close to all the major attractions. There are tons of cafes, bars, shopping close to the hotel. Recommend using metro to get around. Desk clerks spoke English and were very helpful getting us a van to transport our luggage and large bicycle bags to the Airport. I would stay in the Palym again especially since it is very reasonably priced.

Location (as above) Could do with a tidy up in the property generally - there was a big bit of missing paint on the wall on our floor, which made it look tatty.

The location is very close to the Gare de Lyon, which is why we chose it. But having been to Paris twice before, I would stay elsewhere if you don't need to be close to the train station. The area isn't especially beautiful by Parisian standards and has a slightly seedy feel to it. Our room was very comfortable - the bed was lovely, in particular. The staff was really good - very friendly and helpful.

The room was tiny and I found some hairs in the shower cabin (from previous guests?). Contrary to many comments about staff being friendly and helpful, when I checked in I felt pretty intimidated by the manner of the reception staff. But this was a minor incident. Only one device can connect to the free Wi-Fi...

Literally steps away from the Gare de Lyon and very easy to find. The room is minimalistic, but neat and clean, and the lighting was sufficient. Ample sockets (electricity and USB) are useful when you have multiple devices to charge/operate at the same time. The mattress was medium hardness and very comfortable to sleep on.

Nothing special

2 minutes walk from Gare de Lyon. The breakfast was delicious (buffet). The rooms are fancy and comfortable. The room 23 I was staying is offers a nice view on the station. The staff was very kind.

• Quadruple Room

The lobby had no air conditioning. Our room was not ready for us by check-in time. Ipwe had to sit in the lobby for over an hour past check- in time. Not what a family who traveled from US wants to deal with upon arrival to a Europe.

The bathroom was very nice. They stored our luggage for us when we traveled to other countries.

The hotel was simply perfect. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms that were recently renovated. Perfect location at just 3 minutes from Gare de Lyon

Scruffy and dirty hallways, the paintwork was covered in distemper and plaster swirls. The lift was filthy, with a peeling poster and incredibly creaky. Took the whole payment from my card as an 'percentage authorisation check' despite all statements to the contrary on big.com! Minimal bathroom products, no kettle.

The bedroom bore no resemblance to the rest of the hotel. Seemed clean and the bed was comfortable. Extraordinarily close to Gare de Lyon station which was precisely what I needed. Some nice cafes close by. Hot shower.

• Quadruple Room

Hour late with our room being ready - already exhausted and jet legged - didn't offer any compensation (like free breakfast) and the lobby was not air conditioned!!

They stored our luggage.

We stayed for one night before getting a train from Gare d'Austerlitz tthe next day. Our room was fine for one night, very clean and well decorated, but a little small for a longer stay. The staff were friendly and the breakfat was very good. Stay here and save money to spend in one of the good restaurants nearby!

The room was very dark and depressing. When venturing out for a meal I was approached by beggars and prostitutes, not a nice area. When leaving the receptionist was trying to charge me for my room again even though I had already paid for it!!

Browse Palym traveller photo gallery