Reviews of Parc Hotel

#1365 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.2

5.9

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Nice place to stay, quiet street, basic facilities.
    • Business Double Room

The room didn't have a fridge and the air conditioning was not working when we were there.

Nice place to stay, clean bathroom (levels 5 and 6 recently renovated) and a nice balcony which opens on a quiet street. The room has basic facilities and doesn't have a fridge, which could be useful for summer days. A bit far from the city centre, but close and very well connected with all means of transport (metro, various buses).

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Overpriced for the service/facilities you get. Would not stay here again.
    • Business Double Room

The bed had a broken leg. The toilet seat was broken. We were only given one towel when I booked a room for two people. I rang to request another one and it never arrived I had to go down and get it myself. I also asked if we could have a kettle (the room card said we could request one) and they looked at me like I was crazy, said I could come down to reception and they’d boil water for me. The shower door didn’t slide very well, and made showering difficult and water flooded the floor. The bathroom also could have done with a good deep clean for me as it had a very musty smell. The paint on the walls was flaking everywhere and there were stains and discolouration. A little bit of maintenance would go a long way. Also asked to leave our bags and were told no we do not have room. And the wifi was not fast. Not an enjoyable stay.

The bed was ok and the hotel is close to the metro

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Worst pick ever!
    • Business Double Room

The rooms are really not at all like the photo’s. The rooms are super small, smelly, dark, horrible view and the staff keeps talking you out of the idea that the other rooms are too loud and have no bath tub but just didn’t want to help make you comfortable. The price for the room was outrageous and so not matching for what you get. I’ve traveled a lot and don’t really do bad reviews but hey for this one I was willing to do the effort as staff was not willing either. If it wasn’t for the fact that it was super busy and booked in Paris I would have left. At the end I found out they dubbed charged VAT.

The location was awesome! Unfortunately that was the only thing that was good!

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Very friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff. They are more than happy to help you find the exact good restaurant you are needing and give you the exact directions how to get there. The hotel itself is a good choice if you want a cheap and convenient location, close to a subway stop convenient for all the tourist sightseeings you want to see.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

• Business Double Room

repair began at the hotel on my floor early in the morning, when I was still sleeping around 8-9 am. I paid for the hotel in cash at once, but I was charged this amount with a credit card. have not yet returned the money. :(

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

The room was small but very cozy, the bed was nice and the...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

at a first sight the room was clean but if you look a little closer ... better don't. also there was only 1 plug in the room "hidden" under the desk - i looked for it for a whole 3-4 minutes ...

The room was small but very cozy, the bed was nice and the bathroom as big as the room.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

The room was clean, bed is comfortable.
    • Business Double Room

It was my second stay in this hotel and the first time the bathroom was much more better, so I was a bit disappointed. There was only one plug in the room, which I could hardly find.

The room was clean, bed is comfortable. Hotel is near metro station, just a few steps away

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

What a disappointment...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Let me preface this review by stating that I am a professional food/travel writer and I rarely write negative reviews but my stay at this hotel was so disappointing. After an emergency forced me from my intended hotel, I had to scramble to find somewhere to stay. Parc Hotel is shelter only; this is not really a hotel. I was horrified to find the faucet on my bathroom sink wrapped in moldy tape (I'm assuming it was to stop a leak which didn't work because the pedestal sink was leaking badly from the bottom causing a puddle to gather on the floor). The damp, moldy smell in the bathroom was overwhelming and caused the whole room to smell; no amount of air freshener or Lysol could mask the scent. This may sound picky but as a solo female traveler, I do not like hotel room doors that do not have peepholes--especially when there is constant bumping/knocking on the door by the clumsy housekeeping staff when cleaning and vacuuming--making you think that someone is attempting to break into the room. Also, when I needed to speak to reception and tried to use the telephone in the room, I discovered it was broken. Parc Hotel is noisy, poorly maintained, sub-par lodging. I encourage anyone looking for a comfortable, truly Parisian hotel experience to avoid this place at all costs.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful! Location is great it's easy to get there from the airport and to any place in the city center as a metro station is close by! Room was tiny, perfect for couples. Recommend it :)

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Staff were decent.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very run-down rooms and a pervasive smell of black mould permeate the hotel. Wallpaper peeling off of the walls, burnt chairs and a general sense of disregard for the facilities. Putrid smell and visible growths of black mould in every room. The bedsheets are rife with questionable stains. This hotel does not deserve a 3 or even a 2 star rating. Very disappointing.

Staff were decent. Bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Bedbugs!
    • Business Double Room

Bedbugs! I couldn't sleep all night because I woke up to find two large bedbugs in the bed. Of course I left the lights on and didn't sleep a wink the rest of the night. The hotel was run down and needs to be renovated. For the price I paid I was expecting something better.

Staff was fairly helpful since the door lock didn't function properly.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Three pluses: location close to public transit, good wifi...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Big minus: bathroom needs serious update (mildewed grouts, toilet hard to flash, it smells like sewage. You can hear every noise from the next room

Three pluses: location close to public transit, good wifi and the kindness of the staff

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

bad choice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Smell of room is not good. Shower pedestal is broken, You need to hold shower head when shower. The staff said it would be repaired in second day but actually not.

Location is near metro station. 24 hours reception.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Comfy bed and a lift !
    • Business Double Room

I couldnt sleep in my room as the smell of mould was overwhelming. I brought it to the attention of the staff and was told there was no other rooms available. Staff did check source of odour the next day and found the issue but i left that evening so hopefully ussue was rectified for future guests.

Comfy bed and a lift !

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Great stay in a great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a little small and you could see into the ceilings. My toilet leaked but the maid was on it right away.

The staff at the front desk were very nice and the hotel is very Parisian dream style with a balcony window that looks out on the street.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Cozy stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was a little bit small, but it was totally manageable.

The room had all the essentials. The bed was comfy and the room and bathroom were both clean and neat, the room also felt really cozy. We had a nice view as we were on the highest floor. Really friendly and helpful staff (SN we spoke French with them). We were able to leave our luggage for the day at the hotel after checking out. There's a metro station a couple of minutes walk away from the hotel, which worked superbly for us.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Good hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Being charged twice with deposit and then the total which I was unaware of and have to wait around 3 weeks to get my money back

Staff was amazing and welcoming , metro just outside which was easy to use and could get anywhere with

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

PERFECTION for budget travellers!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely little hotel that was super clean and excellent value for money. The staff were amazing and very helpful and friendly without being intrusive. The rooms had very comfortable beds, a nice balcony, a good quality television, a fan and an efficient bathroom with an endless supply of hot water and a shower that was very powerful. The metro line and bus line is only a minute walk from the door which is a huge bonus. The location is perfect as there is a lot of shops, supermarkets, restaurants and bars near by and the atmosphere in the area is lively, fun and friendly and the neighbourhood was perfectly safe.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Clean Affordable room with friendly staff in good location.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Toilet seat was broken. Had to ask for towels (for two people). Some nights other clients were very noisy. Some notice could be posted in the room: Quiet after 10!!

Metro/bus lines just out the door. Affordable. Clean. Nice staff. Shopping/cafes all around. Laundromat just down the street.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Comfort with Beethoven
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Water runnin out of the bath tub. There should be music playing Beethovens masterpieces at the reception..

Balcony viewing th plants and the comford bed.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Good hotel close to metro. 25-30 mis to City
    • Business Double Room

They tried to charge me for 1 euro for really bad coffee ( I tasted a free cup) which I refused to pay for. Every other >= 3 star hotel offers complimentary hot drinks.

Very close to metro Porte de Oleans wihich make access to city and other destinations easy for about € 1.90

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

The location is excellent, close to the supermarket and the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is excellent, close to the supermarket and the subway and tram, just two stations away from Cité island. The room was clean and rather comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Nice stay for weekend
    • Business Double Room

The room didn't have soundproof, so I can hear people talking from the other rooms beside me.

I stayed in single room and everything is okay, the place are easy to access because it is near with the bus stop, metro, and tram station.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

Good location but a very uncomfortable bed
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The bed was way too soft and uncomfortable. I didn't get a good sleep. The heating was still on (in may) and it was way to hot in the room.

The staff was nice. The area is cool and it's very easy to find public transport around the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff need more training to settle problem, my room was double charge and the staff seems like help but didn't help at all, eventually I need to call booking.com to ask ,after I return to my country then go bank to settle the refund need 14days, their even can't help me check the payment I paid just let me know didn't charge to my account, but the amount is already deducted from my account so my money is missing is only I return to my country then go bank to check is wait for refund.

Location And room

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

Overall, everything was normal, clean.
    • Business Double Room

In the first room I was given toilet water was not working but they changed the room immediately.

Overall, everything was normal, clean. The location was good to me as I wanted to stay near my brother's place. It was safe outside at night, many shops, restaurants nearby, metro is very near.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2016

Excelent location, 24h reception, wifi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Walls were not soundproof at all, could hear everything from the other room Heating could not be turned off, so it was way too hot in the room

Excelent location, 24h reception, wifi

• Reviewed: October 11, 2016

Friendly staff, close to the Metro station, comfortable bed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are tiny and they aren't soundproof, you can literally listen to what other hosts are talking about; even a skype call is unrealistic after 9pm. Hot water takes around 5-8 minutes to arrive in the shower (6th floor room). Breakfast is poor and with low-quality foods. Slow Wi-fi. Dated bathroom furniture, the wc looked like it was there since the '80s.

Friendly staff, close to the Metro station, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

comfortable and convenient stay in Paris.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

My room only had one electrical socket, maybe add an extra socket. Sound proofing could be improved.

Bathroom was big and clean. No problems with the hot water. In a quiet street. Lots of restaurants, a monoprix and other shops a short walk from the hotel, close to Metro Line 4, Tram T3a and bus station.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Nice hotel but not outstanding
    • Business Double Room

The shower was a bit rustic but that's fine.

The receptionist was very kind. The room was fine. The location is good next to the Station Porte d' Orleans.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

It was great. we loved Paris
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Great value for money hotel, very well stuated, clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Extremely friendly staff as well as a nice a tidy room!

Extremely friendly staff as well as a nice a tidy room!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

I felt myself better than in previous oceania which is 4star hotel.

The water in shower room in room 11 leaks out weakly

Personal is best!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

bad very bad

comfortless

This is not a hotel just a room not good

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

La literie horrible

La literie horrible

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

room is not properly clean!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

room is not properly clean!

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

its was great.
    • Business Double Room

pillows were too soft and flat

comfy bed

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The room was clean and had a very good shower.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room had a very strong smell of paint and the TV was not working.

The room was clean and had a very good shower. The bed was fairly comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

outdated, but you get what you pay for

a little outdated

convenient

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

for the price it was good and close to my event.
    • Business Double Room

confusion on local bus directions

things worked like the lights, tv, wifi, bathing facilities, wall plugs.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Not sure

Everything else

Bed

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Splendid

Staff

Staff so friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

I hear sound from other rooms.
    • Business Double Room

I hear sound from other rooms...wood cracking sounds Door close sound etc.... not sound Prof

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Close to the Metro
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Facilities are SO poor wouldn’t recommend it again !!

Close to the Metro

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Nice place to stay with all the things you need for short stay.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

For the price it was really good place to stay with having close access to public transport. staff were warm welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Simple, cheap and comfortable. Ideal for short stay if interested in that area of Paris (not center)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Heating system was not working very well

Staff people very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Excellent location and very comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent location and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Cheap but not worth the backed up shower and mold
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower backed up when showering, mold on the ceiling,

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

It is OK
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The bed is too small. The heater didn't work until after I asked them to fix it. Breakfast is quite poor.

Wifi is good. Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Perfect affordable lodging for a last minute trip.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are tiny. No safe in the room.

Value, in suite bathroom, and convenience to public transportation were the best part of our stay.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Best rate quality/price

Slow wi-fi speed.

Best rate quality/price

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Great clean comfortable hotel with super location, super staff
    • Business Double Room

Well, the price can rise up very high on certain days!

The receptionist Mr Mohamad was extremely helpful and spoke excellent English

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

Very nice staff

Very nice staff

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Excellent location for catching the Metro.
    • Business Double Room

Excellent location for catching the Metro.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Nice
    • Business Double Room

The beds were splitted in 2.. And I tought it was 1 great bed..

The staff was really sympathic and I liked the view I had on my room.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Parc hotel stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms and wash rooms were conjusted.

Staff was good

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Good experience

The mattress was terrible

The staff was great, very attentive. Always ready to answer your questions

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

the hotel is located at a very prime location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the hotel is located at a very prime location. friendly manager

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

The rooms are very small with a tiny elevator but for the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very small with a tiny elevator but for the price its fine. Breakfast is a simple continental one, not worth 9€.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Great value for money in Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

would love a kettle in the room to make tea or a fridge to store cooldrinks/water

bed was incredibly comfortable , loved the balcony

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

It was great!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was great! A really French atmosphere . Clean room. Fresh sheets and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2017

It is so good that the bed is comfortable and the washroom...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Bad sound insulation, Bad breakfast without any hot food.

It is so good that the bed is comfortable and the washroom is clean. Nice stuffs!

• Reviewed: October 8, 2016

Good value
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very good for the price paid and very helpful staff member. Lovely to have a nice bath.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff!

Would have like a little more space for working in the room.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Nice room feeling.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Smell of smoke and noise made it impossible to sleep

• Reviewed: March 13, 2016

The bed was really comfortable

Too much noise from the street. When I arrived the cleaning lady was not done cleaning the room yet at the reception I was told the room was ready.

The bed was really comfortable

• Reviewed: February 1, 2016

The staff cannot be more helpful.

I can't complain about anything. When I first stayed there, I thought the shower had hot water issues, but I've since realized I wasn't working it right. Hot water is great.

The staff cannot be more helpful. We arrived in Paris to stay for several months, and the staff went out of their way to give us advice and suggestions, and I'd say their help was invaluable at such a stressful time adjusting. It's also in a great location, lots of grocery stores, restaurants, and very close to the Metro station. I can also go on foot to the Eiffel Tower or Latin Quarter, which is not too far for a healthy adult to walk (however, if I were in a hurry I'd take the metro, which is just a tiny walk from the hotel). You can get across the city in about 10-15 minutes from here. We ended up staying here more than two weeks while we looked for something permanent. It was affordable, comfortable, close to anywhere I needed to go. Most of all though I liked the staff here.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2016

Staff was very nice, location was great- the subway station...

Well, I guess the water in the shower wasn't exactly hot, and it was a bit cold weather, so showering was a little bit of a torture. I take short showers also. Not sure if they use a communal water heater or what.

Staff was very nice, location was great- the subway station is right outside, but I walked to the other side of Paris from here- the walk wasn't bad. Lots of places to eat or do grocery shopping nearby, communal kitchen. I didn't think the rooms were as small as I'd read on here- I was quite satisfied. I had some luggage and the staff let me keep the big bags downstairs.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2015

The receptionist was nice, helpful.

The rooms are tiiiiiiiiny! And feel awful, dungeony. They are not lighty or airy, the bathroom is so small your bottom will certainly touch the wall as you shower :-(

The receptionist was nice, helpful.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2015

The resepsionists were very friendly, kind,helpfull :):)

The resepsionists were very friendly, kind,helpfull :):)

• Reviewed: December 8, 2015

The support from the staff.

The noises (we heard everything through the walls of the room)

The support from the staff.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2015

Staff were really nice

Room was too small

Staff were really nice

• Reviewed: October 20, 2015

Location, staff, all OK.

I didn't like that in a cold middle October they didn't have heaters switched on.

Location, staff, all OK.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2015

The location to the metro station.

Hot water was sometimes missing. The smell of tabaco in the corridor.

The location to the metro station. The staff.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Parc Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery