Reviews of Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel 5 stars

70 avenue des Champs-Elysees, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#1049 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.1

Great 4 nights altogether . Will return when rates are much cheaper % Found it very expensive
    • Suite

My suite was advertised as having a sofa bed in the suite but it didn’t . As a result I had to ask for a bed at 80€ extra a night for my son . My half eaten apple was left in my room for the full duration of my stay . I found that very strange

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Its underaverage for a hotel in this location with this price and hotel brand
    • Deluxe Room

The room is not clean in the details and the corners. The room is very old and poorley furnished and poorly equipped. The house keeping wouldnt refill our coffee capsules althought they wherent even usung nespresso capsuls instead some other cheap brand

Location was okay although it gets very noisy and hard to sleep. Staff where nice.

Overpriced hotel
    • Superior Room

Not clean, everything was sticky and the carpet is not clean at all. Very old furniture and broken bathrom marbel. Not profissional, I booked the room including the breakfast and extra bed and I already paid for it, but when I checked in they ask me to pay again ! The staff when we order a food or something they access the room without knocking the door !! They are not polite at all.

The location. 24/7 security. At night, they will not allow you to enter the hotel if you don’t have your room card.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great Location, Luxurious Facility, Needs serious Renovation and maintenance in Bathrooms
    • Superior Family Room

The Bathroom was old, water pressure is weak, toilet needs to be replaced, Ceiling had dirty smeared parts

Great Location, Helpful Staff, Very good breakfast

Good
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms were smaller then expected and were a bit old and dirty (stained carpet, scratched tables) Corridors are noisy, to be more in depth, I heard the room next door’s telephone ringing and the cleaning lady’s cart going down the corridor each time. Other than that, the location is excellent and the service is good.

The location was fabulous, excellent access to all of paris. It was a good stay with the kids.

More meticulous cleaning.

The tv remote was filthy and has to be replaced also there were coffee stains that the housekeeper neglected near the window sill. Once I called the housekeeper they took care of this immediately they were helpful. The breakfast needs more variety I believe. The staff were all nice and lovely to deal with. The rooms seemed old but the lobby was grand.

Ms.Laura was the best , she deserves lot .
    • Deluxe Room

Egyptian girls called me and apparently she was not part of the hotel..

Ms.Laura was the best , she deserves lot .. i love their hospitality, arrangement and warm welcoming

It was the worst experience I ever had
    • Deluxe Room

I would like to complain about my stay at your hotel. I have experienced a mistreatment from your receptionists especially from a girl called Kanely. And I never expected that manner especially from a hotel staff like Paris Marriott which is rated as one of the I best hotels in Paris. I will never stay at this hotel again because it's the worst in Paris

I didn't like anything at all

Very convenient comfortable hotrlt
    • Superior Family Room

Asked for 2pm checkout yet my pass card was cancelled preventing me using the extra time!

Sent bubbly and cake on my birthday. Comfortable hotel good service.

Good location, staff is slightly friendly.
    • Deluxe Room

So many mistakes made, cleared the mini bar and they charged me for everything that they cleared. The breakfast was terrible, the service during the breakfast was really bad.

Good location, staff is slightly friendly.

Horrible hotel
    • King Room with City View

Here we go : 1) the cleaning standers of the room was very poor ‘ the fridge was dirty and smiley, around the coffee maker lots of dust and coffe drops from the previous gusts.2) at all our stays, the room was dusty due my husbands had an allergy.3) the breakfast was poor , nothing organic or healthy options, which super strange for 5 stars hotel, the breakfast hall always smiles onions and eggs , so all our clothing and my Chanel jacket smiled that too after each breakfast.4) the room bed and billows poor quality.5) finally when we were chicking out at the front desk non of the staff asked how was our stay , all what they cared and asked about if we used the mini Baylor not . At the end I must say it was horrible experience staying at this hot, and the only good thing was Paris by itself.

Absolutely nothing I liked

• Suite

I requested a suite with a window as I am asthmatic and in need of fresh air to find out that I had to spend the first night in another suite and to move from the second night. That was completely tiring to unpack and pack. One day I forgot the key so I needed a key for elevator, the guy at the reception was extremely rude and when I got angry, he said" why are you talking like this?".!!! The carpets need washing or changing. The sinks need a plumber.

Excellent hotel in a first class location - thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Nothing to dislike

Excellent location for to all the best parts of Paris. Great hotel with very efficient and friendly staff. Beautiful atrium reception. Good comfortable room.

Location only and staff was good people to be fair
    • Deluxe Room

First of all they have no internet free which now in this time very strange not to have . No parking we have to pay for it , it's Marriott should provide that Also the loyalty card I have SPG and they told me we are part of it but you should go the link and do it your self , then why they are part of it . The bed not comfortable at all Room furniture is old and the carpet very old and dirty . But not the staff they are good when they clean it but the facility is old . Over all I think Marriott company should make a misstry shopper to check Marriott chanz how is it !!!

Location only and staff was good people to be fair

Excellent staff, hotel not worth the money
    • Deluxe Room

- Arrived and told Booking.com had cancelled room, then changed story that credit Card failed, After 15 minutes said it was a Hotel error - Bar Restaurant. dishes take 5 or 10 or 20 depending on choice.... All are 20 minutes - Room needs decoration. Broken tile in bathroom, not particularly clean, tap leaked, paint all chipped, plug in bathroom not working

Personnel were all very friendly and helpful. Very professional

The worst stay ever
    • Deluxe Room

The room they gave us doesn't have access to the elevator we have to go on stairs and it's isolated room they make me feel that I have a disease and I need to be isolated I told them that I have a baby and a stroller and I won't be able to go through stairs they said we are fully booked and we will give you a smaller room they were very bad and I will never ever stay at their hotel again

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Lovely hotel. Not the best location
    • Deluxe Room

The location was not great. The Champs Elysees is full of beggars and the shops close early in the evenings. We felt that the location didn't feel very French

The hotel was lovely. The room was big and rather luxurious. We got to our room one evening to find a bottle of Champagne and macarons. That was lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The housekeeping service was the worst we've experienced...
    • Deluxe Room

The housekeeping service was the worst we've experienced in any Marriott world wide. The to management wasn't very responsive either. Best avoidable to stay here.

I like the location of the hotel .
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't like the smell in the rooms .. and the stuff are not doing there work very well .. a lot of mistakes .

I like the location of the hotel ...

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

excellent well-located hotel with wonderful staff which couldn't be bettered.
    • King Room with City View

Balconies could be improved.our king room did not have a 'city view' as stated, however we were upgraded on the second & third nights at no extra cost to us, also as we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary we were greeted in our room with a lovely bottle of champagne & 2 boxes of macaroons, this was a lovely touch on the hotel's behalf.

Staff & food were both excellent- all our needs well attended to especially the concierge service.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Would recommend however, request to see itemized bill when you check out.
    • Deluxe Room

I was caught off-guard by having to pay 100 euros per night as a cover charge for any potential damages we would have caused to the room. I was not aware of this charge. If for some reason, I couldn't pay -we wouldn't have been able to stay.

Great location, polite staff and the hotel always smelt lovely. The Eggs Benedict was amazing!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

A short visit to Paris
    • Superior Family Room

Bad smell in the corridor coming from the public bathroom as you are going to the elevators.

The location is amazing the staff are so helpful and the room and bathroom are amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

first the check in took us 30min, more over they didnt give...
    • Deluxe Room

first the check in took us 30min, more over they didnt give us rooms next to other, some of the room didnt have nespresso machines, rooms has been cleaned with some liquid i coludent breath because of it so i changed my room. the concierge didnt provid car as we requested so they say take two taxi!!! and we were late!

The hotel staff & services were very welcoming as always.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel staff & services were very welcoming as always. I always stay at the Marriott Champs Elysees. The staff caters always to special requests. This weekend we made a special request for a take away breakfast because I was checking out to catch my train at 6 am. But the hotel only starts breakfast at 6.30 am onwards. The hotel staff were so kind & prepared takeaway box breakfast for me and my friend to take with us. It was the best !! Thanks to the staff for making this special request :)

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

housekeeping and room service are very poor.
    • Superior Family Room

housekeeping and room service are very poor. Late room service delivery Bathroom towels and bathrobe are rarely changed water and minibar rarely followed up

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Worst check in experience ever
    • Large Double Room with Champs Elysees View

The check in was really bad we booked 2 rooms view on champs-elysees and the check in is suppose to be maximum at 3pm but they left us waiting till 8pm with nothing just waiting and waiting for our rooms and the only thing they keep sayin is that the housekeeping is still cleaning the room it was really frustrating we were tired and coming from a long flight

Location and the view

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Everything is good

I really like stay at the hotel

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I will never go to it again
    • King Room with City View

It so old old bathrooms old bed old pillows

It’s NOT 5 star!

Staff not friendly and not helpful.

Only location!

Nice place

Rooms

Nice place

The staff behaviour and they helped us alot with smile face...
    • Deluxe Room

They litle bit late when we ask to bring something to the room

The staff behaviour and they helped us alot with smile face and welcoming

friendly staff great location if you want to be in the...
    • Deluxe Room

The beds not comfortable at all

friendly staff great location if you want to be in the center of the Champs Elysees

Awesom stay in Paris
    • Superior Family Room

location and staff, facilities all excellent

Paris Marriott is the neat hotel to be whenever you are Paris

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Place
    • Superior Family Room

The room is so small compared to money

Place

Location , friendly staff

Cleanliness carpet

Location , friendly staff

• Deluxe Room

Toilet had some kind of bugs and told the hotel about it, nothing have been done

Great location, old facility - especialy the bathroom & carpet and over priced.

Old bathroom & carpet.

Not worth it
    • Superior Room

Bed and pillows totally uncomfortable, furniture worn out, towels really old

Location only

Location is the best

Lefts

Location is the best

Overall we enjoy our stay. Staffs were very welcoming.
    • Deluxe Room

Wifi connection in the room

Good breakfast

Doesn’t worth the money
    • King Room with City View

Not so clean (very dusty bed), broken key lock (needs to pass the key several times to open), no free wifi in the rooms!!!

the best thing about the hotel was the staff.
    • Deluxe Room

towels are worn out, and need to be renewed, need to have more options for pillows.

the best thing about the hotel was the staff. location obviously.

I will not try it again unfortunately
    • Deluxe Room

The room facility, the clean of the room, the size of the room, the air conditioning sound it very annoying.

Location only

Perfect for short stay in Paris

Location, friendly staff,

Right in the shopping area

Right in the shopping area

Location of course

Our second room it was very bad smell

Location of course

Room size

Excellent experience and greate time to stay in the Marriott

Every things I like

Tired property

Tired property

Location & Staff

Old Furniture

Location & Staff

Nice place, good breakfast
    • Deluxe Room

Unfriendly staff, shower was broken and should be fixed, I booked double bed but they give us two separate beds

Nice place, good breakfast

Great location. Reliable hotel.
    • Superior Room

Upgraded room. Kind staff.

worst trip due to the demonstration
    • Deluxe Room

the view is not good also the hotel deduct 200 euro for the doctor because he buy medicine and dressing but no body gave it to us

It was good

Carpet

Excellent Gateway

Excellent location on the Champs Elysee Friendly staff Clean rooms

Great location, good service

Price to expensive

Great location, good service

• Deluxe Room

Is not clean and is expensive

Exelent location , good breakfast,

Exelent location , good breakfast,

• Deluxe Room

Bathrooms are not clean, and very noisy specially during the weekends.

ok ok
    • Superior Family Room

Room is small hotel is very old need to renewal

The only good thing is the location
    • Deluxe Room

The bathroom was really dirty it had hair all over and stains. The sheets had a bad smell in them.

The only good thing is the location

You need to renovate the property prices too high

Rooms carpets & old furniture

Excellent location

There was no pool

• Superior Family Room

Great Service. Great Breakfast. Spacious room.

very good

my room was not ready when i checked in till 17:00 pm

location ; Clean ; quiet

• Deluxe Room

The previous person who stayed in the room was smoking

Ideal location. Comfortable

there's a strange smell in the room

there's a strange smell in the room

Excellent 3 nights stay at Marriott Champs Elysees.
    • Deluxe Room

View of the room. Facing the courtside.

Location at Champs Elysees. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017