Reviews of Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center 4 stars

17 Boulevard Saint Jacques, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#1270 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.1

• Deluxe Room

Room was cold. I called management three times saying that even with air conditioning off air was still coming out. They said it's normal given that the Windows do not open. I think it's completely inappropriate to keep air getting in my face dring all night...I'm going back home sick. I will never go to this hotel or chain anymore.

room seems clean

• Deluxe Room

The idea of a separate loo is a fab one - but a 4ft pygmy would’ve had problems trying to use ours comfortably. Housekeeping didn’t replenish our toiletries automatically and we ended up having to call down for some more as we had a few showers each day due to it being 30° Bed was plenty big, but a bit on the soft side.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location. Rooms were clean, bright and airy.Breakfasts were lovely.

• Deluxe Room

No complimentary water in rooms.. sound proof was not good..woke up many times at night when my neighbours go to bathroom...room is cold even we I tries to adjust the temp or switch off

Well organized ...late checkout..clean ...

• Deluxe Room

I ASK FOR 2 JUNIOR SWEET AND GET 2 HANDICAP ROOM ROOM SERVICE WAS TREBEL 29 MINUTES WE HAD TO CALL UN OUR LATER SOUP WAS COOLD FOR A 4 STAR HOTEL IS MORE LIKE A 2.5 STAR HOTEL

THE BAR TENDER WAS VERY NICE HE SAVE THE IMAGE OF THE HOTEL HE WAS FROM POLAND

• Deluxe Room

Wifi was extra cost in room. Cafe staff were a bit dismissive.

Good breakfast. Restaurant was good for dinner. Room was standard but had everything you would need.

• Deluxe Room

they should put the price clearly in booking and delete additional advantage like breakfast and internet and free cancelation as it not match in reality

it wasn't it simple and expensive too

• Deluxe Room

When I left my room one day, I was blocked by a trolley of trash bin. The room attendants was tidying the room next door. I politely told her please to move the trolley. She stared at me, didn't say a word, until I insisted I have to go out, she moved her trolley. As we wanted privacy in our room, we didn't want room attendant to come in while we were away. So we asked the same room attendant to help removing the trashes in the trash bin. She asked us to take it to her, which we did. So we brought her the trash bin, and we wanted to ask her to change to glasses and tea set. Her reply: it's not my room to take care of, just wait for your turn. We got a paper saying the hotel didn't have enough manpower, so there maybe delay with services, and we could the team to help if needed. But when we asked, we were told to wait for our turn. At that moment I thought I was staying in a hostel with shared room, not JW Marriott.

The room is ok, there is a gym, and they responded to complaints quick. Staff is helpful, except the housekeeping staff (the manager was polite to handle our complaint).

• Deluxe Room

You did not inform that they have no smoking room while I asked for - different level of breakfast and quality - empty mini bar which they said this is policy of hotel which you did not inform I beleive you cheat me

• Deluxe Room

The main complaint is that the toilet has not shower head for intimate hygiene. There is a restroom (where is the toilet) and a shower room. We must go out of the restroom, enter the shower room, and the bath tube to get an intimate hygiene using the shower. It would be better to have two solid spoons, instead of only one. There are peoples that prefer to get a shower, using a solid spoon, and not bath lotion. The internal locker of the room door blocks easily, and the gest cannot open the door. Handling that locks is not easy. It would be better to change those lockers, for more conventional, and universal ones. The hotel entry hall is large, but there are few, and uncomfortable seats.

Considering the price, the area of the room is a good area. There is a great variety of meals for the breakfast and is possible obtain hot meals (example: omelet) prepared fastly while you are getting other meals. The staffs of the reception desk and the concièrge are kind, objective, educated, and elegant in posture, and on attention to the gest. The bed is comfortable and so the pillows. The regulation of the temperature is adequate, and friendly. The temperature of the shower water is easy to regulate and so is the tap water.

• Deluxe Room

If you want to connect to WiFi you need to subscribe to a membership program of Marriott (which I don't really care) otherwise you need to pay for the connection. If I deliver my complaint to the staff their reaction was simply rude. So please be aware, WiFi is not free, unless if you fill a form and submit.

The room was very clean and the bed was really comfy.

• Room with Paris View

Really nothing. I been in that hotel seven years ago and was very pleased and the same this time

I used the exacutive lounge and everything was really good. Also house keeping keep the room clean and made sure everything was in place.

the free wifi did not work at all. even the purchased sessions for 2 euros per hour did not work. and sometimes you could not even get to the site to purchase the wifi. that really sucks

• Executive Room

As above, but the showers are pathetic in the executive rooms. It is the 2nd time I have stayed and it seems common to all rooms

The hotel desperately needs a refurbishment

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

No free wifi in rooms only in foyer. Only hotel that did not have free wifi in rooms during our 12 days on the continent

Rooms comfortable and close to metro

• Deluxe Room

I was told that breakfast would be included. It was not. I also requested adjacent rooms, but that was not available. The restaurant was very expensive, so we opted to have our meals elsewhere.

The hotel was clean.

• Deluxe Room

- more powerful wifi would be great - simple slippers & tooth brush...

- The friendliness of the staff - Relaxing bathtub - Coffee/tea in the room

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Executive Room

Staff regularly confused when performing requests. Usually not that big issue, but when they try to charge you three times for the room, it's too much :(

Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

Needs updating; room felt stuffy with poor air circulation.

Good location near metro line; breakfast was good; staff were great, restaurant (dinner) was very good value..

• Family Suite

Web site said it was in the "heart of the left bank" It was in reality far from the"heart" but in a residential district with zero store fronts, exactly on the border of the 14th and 13 districts. No bakeries, cheese stores, cafes and so forth. It is also showing considerable signs of "wear and tear". Carpets need replacing, interior of rooms have been painted and repainted multiple times and it shows! Bath tub drain would not close,, nor if you could actually get it to close, you had to call "maintenance" to open it again..

The staff was great,

• Deluxe Room

One staff member, Lisa I think, was extremely rude. I booked a double room for my girlfriend and I. We were told only twin rooms were available unless we could prove we booked a twin. Seemed to be some problem with booking.com not saying what we booked. She should not be working in customer service. The Spanish women at reception was polite and really nice.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Executive Room

The toilet was very small and the food at breakfast and the conference could have been better.

I liked the ground floor restaurant and bar. The room was functional and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

My shower leaked so the entire bathroom was soaked after every shower. Really annoying. My room was much too hot and I could not lower the temperature, so I was too hot during the night. Also, I called ahead to ensure I could get an early check in, of which I was assured in would get, then had to wait over 3 hours in the lobby after a 10 hour flight to be given a room.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

I arrived at about 7 am after an overnight flight from the USA and had to wait over 2 hours to receive a room. I had called days in advance to arrange early check-in and when I arrived I was told check-in was 3 pm, which I knew, which is why I had called in order to make arrangements.

Very fast room service and good food

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

I cannot think of one thing I did not like in this hotel and I will certainly stay here when I come back to Paris.

Staff was very friendly and helpful specially at the front desk --- very accommodating about my questions regarding my Marriott card. The newly-furbished room I was given (822) was bright and had a good view of the street as well as the metro ( nearest metro Glaciere).

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Too far out for easy sightseeing.Breakfast was chaotic. Servicing of room inconsistent and on one occasion not done by our return at 1600. So we had to shower with damp towels for a special evening out as no one around to get fresh ones. Only went there because our American friends were booked in there for a conference. Would not have chosen it otherwise.

Concierge and reception staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Loud music in foyer and bar on some occasions - would seem to be staff who control it at a level they want Badly trained staff on the concierge desk who gave us 4 different locations for an evening bus tour all of which were WRONG Sloppy management

Very little apart from Sabrina the reception manager . Other staff should flow her example Completely misleading location - it's 25 minute bus ride into Paris

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is a little out of the way and opposite a railway station which is convenient but not appealing to look out on

Staff were very friendly and happy to help with any problems

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

All acceptable

Stayed in a room with acess to executive lounge. Acess means breakfast which is included in room price, tea and coockies served from 1 to 3 pm. Salads, served 5 to 6. Tiny choice. And wines beers from 7 to 9. Breakfast is acceptable, other not worth, except may be wine and beer.

• Deluxe Room

No internet. The door frame of the room was force opened and never fixed. Unacceptable for this kinda price.

Breakfast met expectations.

• Deluxe Room

Poor shower Cracks in wall Noisy air conditioning Lifts had a complete mind of their own

Bed comfortable and good sheets

• Room with Paris View

View from the room

Food , service

• Executive Room

The gym had instruments that some were broken and out of date. The trailers had no tv .

Breakfast was great

location and price

the hotel location is far from most of attractions the room so small the price is quite high

• Deluxe Room

Maybe staff a little friendly.

Rooms very big, comfortable, good location.

• Deluxe Room

Location not good for tourists too far out, and not a nice area. Hotel rooms good but not amazing other hotel facilities great.

• Deluxe Room

Room cards didn't work properly. Had to complain about them 2 times.

Breakfast was divergent and good. Staff was kind and professional.

• Deluxe Room

No hot water for a shower - not acceptable. Light switch falling off the wall in the bathroom.

• Deluxe Room

Bed was fluffy and comfortbale

• Executive Room

The poor choice in the restaurant

The room and the breakfast buffet

• Deluxe Room

The place needs a deep clean

Far from CDG airport Far from city center Breakfast was ok but not the best

Environment was nice

• Deluxe Room

No free Wi-Fi which is really ridiculous for the room price!

Super easy to get there from Paris Orly Airport.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Why is the mini bar empty?

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Paying for the internet - even though it wasn't expensive - it should be free in such a hotel

Staff were very helpful!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

the room is small, has to be reconstructed, breakfast expensive, but nothing great

good location, close to metro and railway station

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Poor selection of breakfast food

The room was very old and had a bad smell from the bathrooms

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Superior Room

Wifi was not free of charge

Breakfast via room service

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Quite far from the central attraction

Staff is very friendly !!! Breakfast was great !

• Deluxe Room

Beds very comfy and plenty of room in the room. good air conditioning. Helpful Staff.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Expensive but it is in Paris!

Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

convenient

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

The rooms were of good size for Paris and at the price. Also the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good as well. Overall a very nice place to stay with easy access to the Metro.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Breakfast including service which is slow and no warm welcoming The hotel is so big and there aren't enough selection of food and the quality of food is not that good The shower pressure is so weak in the bathroom

Staff are so friendly specially cocierge service and house keeping Rooms are clean and comfortable very secure Bar area is nice and the staf are lovely

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

No internet connection in the room unless you pay extra. We should be living in the 21st century.

All facilities present. Fee water and ice in the hall

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Check In - Dismissive/Rude Air Conditioning in Room broken Bed sags to floor at the foot Shower - No control of scalding/ cold water Shower - Floods Bathroom Toilet - Black/filthy below water level Toilet Paper not replaced by Room staff Power/USB Sockets Broken/Un-useable Television - Screen and sound faulty Gym - Un useable Check Out - Credit Card System broken Check Out - Unable to provide receipt/refund of initial deposit

Leaving the Hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Had to pay for wifi in the room

Conveniently Placed and lots of lifts so never had to wait long. Friendly staff and good location. Near Saint Jacques metro.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

slippers in the room driver asked about me on reception on day of check in but answer was negative ,good I called the driver to inform him I am waiting

many thanks to miss Bernard gaelle on reception and mr akram nehmeh were so kind ,helpful, smiling faces

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

The excessive air conditioning in the rooms, even if you turn it off. The TV set is not good nor the channels.

I love the space, cleanliness and quietness of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

No matter what you asked for, you had to pay extra. The travel group breakfast buffet was not so great.

Liked the location close to the Metro. The pre-night private breakfast buffet was lovely.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

The floor i stayed on had some interior problems, chipping paint etc, but the room was clean and nice. The only other thing, its is a bit pricey.

loved the concierge and how close it was to the metro. the staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Using the room key to get to your floor is a good idea but it often didn't work very smoothly. Several times I was going up and down several times before successfully reaching my floor. Other guests had the same problem.

The room was very comfortable, friendly helpful staff, great view. Very enjoyable experience.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

I left my CP battery pack 10 mins after checking out and when we asked the front desk to kindly check the battery pack, the housekeeping said we did not left any. What?! As a matter of 10 mins? This is a sad experience for a hotel like marriot.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

I wasn't happy with the cleanness of the hotel. I'm surprised with this specific Marriott... I found a bag from the previous stayer in my suite and the tub had hair.... On top of all that WiFi is NOT free !??! That was a bigger surprise.. Wasn't happy with that so most my work was done in a nearby cafe instead of enjoying the suite. If I ever return it would only be because of its location nothing else.

Location is great. Not far from Orly Airport and walking distance from a lot of locations and the Metro of course. The Suite was big. The people are nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Breakfast buffet selection , especially the choice of bread (and absence of bread rolls).

Staff friendliness and efficiency.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Should have a free wifi option

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Great staff and nice facility.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Amazing restaurant !

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Old and tired hotel rooms. Executive rooms with wallpaper pealing from wall, bad drainage causing smells in room, old style TVs.

Location was ok

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was a good variety of everything to start a good day.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

toothbrush and slippers are provided only when requested

position is very good

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Staff are very rude, and rather arrogant, and not understanding or helpful.

The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Can be very busy hotel

Always reliable, well appointed and great location for metro to all the sights.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Lots of dust in rooms, not particularly well maintained

Good location, comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The gentleman at the reception desk,Frederique,was the Best!

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center traveller photo gallery