Reviews of Peletier Haussmann Opera 2 stars

15 rue le Peletier, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#1396 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.2

• Executive Double Room

Not too much communication between front desk and us unfortunately. Often we were a bit confused about what was going on. We couldn’t find any stairs and since the elevator was small (due to late installments in older buildings) we had to wait a long time often to go to the lobby. During the time we stayed, there was also really loud construction right outside the window which we were not aware of until it woke us up in the morning.

The room had a lot of space and was very clean. Nice amenities like a big screen TV, private toilet and shower. It was not as close as I imagined to the opera, but it was within half a mile to that location and the Louvre.

• Double Confort Room

- Uncomfortably small elevator (2 persons max.) or one big bag only if you teach it how to press a button! - The room has only a tv, kettle (2 mugs, 2 tea bags, 2 coffee sachets), hair dryer, empty minibar, and a safe. - No complimentary water bottles, to quench the thirst after a long flight. No toothpaste or toothbrush. No slippers or bath robes. No cotton buds or box of napkins. ( had to buy all these stuff)!

- very clean and new/fresh interior of the room. During my stay there were works going on at different floor levels, of which the lobby and restaurants. The hotel is being refurbished. - I arrived around 9hrs at the hotel and they provided the room around 12hrs. Usually it’s not before 14hrs. - The reception guys were helpful.

• Executive Double Room

There were so many negatives to this place that I do not even know where to begin. First I will say upon my arrival to the hotel, I had an argument with the man at the front desk. Actually I was not even call it a front desk, it was a little square little table in the corner. When I mentioned to him that the air conditioner was not working and that my room was very hot, he raised his voice at me and said that on Booking.com the Hotel never mentioned they provide air conditioner. I have never heard of this In my life! I paid roughly $1300 for 8 nights and definitely felt overcharged. A friend of mine checked the hotel through his Parisian location and it was half off! I couldn’t even believe this considering Booking.com prides itself on price matching. So apart from the front desk guys rudeness, when I demanded to speak with the owner he said that was not allowed. So there was no manager and only an owner that no one is allowed to speak too. I am not sure how a hotel can be called a hotel when it looks and has the poor conditions of a motel. At first glance you cannot see this place as it has a very dirty sign. Once you walk in through the doors what you spot is dirtiness, reparations, and looks like your walking into a shoe repair shop. The elevator, do not get me started. It looks like a joke that the hotel is trying to play on there customers. I say this only because it’s the size of a shoe box, only one person can fit in it without luggage, and you must position your hands to the sky to make sure you fit into the elevator. No breakfast is provided and when they clean your sheets, they do not provide you with new sheets, quilt, or pillows. They simply turn them the other way giving the illusion that they are new. Overall this place was horrible. I wouldn’t even give it two stars. All I will say is that the front desk guy tried to be more sociable after the first day of him attempting to scream at me and be condescending towards me.

Although my overall experience was horrible, I will say the motel is in a good location.

• Double Confort Room

Smaller than expected room, almost too small for two. Also still doing renovations apparently, elevator is the smallest one I’ve ever seen, suitcase and one person barely fit, 2 people for if you squeeze in very tightly. price not bad for Paris principles but considering the tiny room and the rest, still a rather high price in my opinion.

Staff was friendly, location good, close to a metro station

• Executive Double Room

Some construction work, but hey, that’s why the rooms are brand new, and a very small elevator, but that’s also funny, you can take the story of the smallest elevator you have ever seen

Very good location, excellent room, newly refurbished, friendly staff, always ready and willing to help.

• Double Confort Room

Room, stairs and elevator way too small. Was not informed that hotel would be under construction during the time of our visit. Very disappointed. Very inconvenient.

Location was good.

• Executive Double Room

I'd prefer to be able to carry my card-key with me and use it to open the main door. A couple times there was no one at the reception and I had to wait for 5+ min until someone showed up. An elevator that could fit more than a carry-on and ONE person and that was tight. But if one is traveling light and don't mind going up and down the stairs, that can be ignored and to me it was certainly not a deal breaker.

Great value for the money. I read a lot of comments re old fashioned and not well-maintained rooms and construction. Yes, there's renovation work being done, which makes climbing the first couple of floors by stairs a bit adventurous, but hey, in order to modernize rooms one has to construct! The renovation work itself did not bother me at all and the room felt really new, clean, bright, functional (wonderful shower!) and of a great size for Parisian standards at this price range. And from there one could do nice (30-40 min?) walks to the Louvre and to Montmartre. (If one likes shopping, there's plenty of it fairly close by The Opera, 10 min away) I'd stay there again without hesitation. In short, don't judge this book by the cover.

• Double Confort Room

I payed for the hotel twice , the hotel had taken a full payment out of my account the day before i arrived . and when i was booking in to the hotel they took a second payment Which left me with a lot less money to enjoy Paris . when i questioned this the hotel management said this is what they do.

• Executive Double Room

First the location of the hotel is perfect and is very close to many great places (Saint Michel, Opera). The staff working there is friendly and very helpful - you can rely on them to let you how to get to places or to book visits and short day excursions.

• Executive Double Room

The elevator is built in the space left of the stairs, INCREDIBLY small, only for one person, and on top of that, sometimes it did not work at all! I am a large body fellow, and could not fit with my girlfriend both at the same time, we had to squeeze in, and then the front desk guy had to send our bags alone in the elevator (yes, that small). The rest was ok.

The room, really nice and clean.

• Double Confort Room

1. A lot of internal construction. I should have been warned. 2. Restaurant was closed, so no breakfast available. 2. The smallest lift I have ever seen. I could barely get in with my luggage.

Although small, the bedroom was well appointed and comfortable. OK for me, because I was alone; but too small for 2 people.

• Executive Double Room

Nothing really, awful service and disgusting state of the building as it’s still currently being built, the first 2 floor in the middle of refurbishment and that was causing so much noise every morning, finding difficult to have a proper rest... also the capacity of the lift really tiny and dangerous... not receipt provide by the staff while checking in, and trying to force me and my partner to pay taxes by card, which was an issue for us as we only have uk bank cards... so we weren’t being allowed to make te payment of 7€80 by cash... finding the situation uncomfortable as the staff member showed himself so stubborn and aggressive on his talk...

• Double Confort Room

The room was very small, the elevator is extra small can barely fit one person not ideal when you’re on the 7th floor. The hotel is under renovation and the work starts at 9am so no lie in due to noise. And the stairs didn’t seem safe to use due to the builders equipment.

Slept really well and the shower pressure was excellent. This hotel is in an excellent location you can walk to all major attractions and the Eiffel Tower is just a short metro ride away.

The elevator is small (I believe it is something like.. 1,20m x 55cm

It is located in a very good area. You can take the metro (easy to understand and connects you to literally everything)plus it was meant to be with breakfast.. but they told us they didn't do it. But my booking stated I had breakfast and a bottle of water included (france is expensive when it cones to food! So I was counting on that..)

• Double Confort Room

Elevator too small, absolutely impossible to enter with a suitcase.

The room was spacious and very clean. The rooms are renewed, including the bathroom.

• Double Confort Room

Our room was excellent, but the rest of the hotel was a building site. Building materials on the stairs, electrical wiring hanging loose and exposed,slippy plastic sheets on the stairs, dust everywhere. The smallest lift I have ever seen( about 30 inches wide and 48 inches long) was a joke - and it broke down during our stay. The hotel should have been closed whilst this renovation work was being carried out, It was dangerous.Some of the staff were apologetic some not. Had there been an emergency we would have been in big trouble! The hotel should have told us and Booking .com about it. We have photos. Some compensation is certainly merited!

• Double Confort Room

First impression when I arrived at reception was that it looked a bit messy but they are renovating. It does not influence the stay in the room.

Service was great, clean and new rooms, safe hotel and great location in paris! Will definitely stay there again during my next stay in Paris

• Double Confort Room

The lift is tiny, which cannot be helped.

The room was nice and warm, the bed was super comfy. Despite renovation works, my room was quiet and I felt undisturbed. The staff were so lovely. I will be back with my family. Merci.

• Double Confort Room

I never seen that much little lift, but better than nothing.

The building it's completely refresh, everything into the room was new one, total clean and functional, the bed really comfortable and the location it's simply amazing. I will strong raccomand!

• Double Confort Room

Entrance of the hotel could look a little nicer.

The room was spacious, clean and newly refurbished. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Reception is open 24h! Great value for money. Would definitely go back!

• Double Confort Room

very poor environment. no clean. no safe for health n safty. very tiny lift even one person donot fill comfortable. stair are also tiny n stand. too much conjusted. not worthy to spend money for this rubish hotel.

nothing to say satisfied

The lift is too small.

This hotel is very new. The furniture is brand new and the room is super clean. It is the cleanest room I ever stayed in. The price is very reasonable. The Chinese restaurant next door is wonderful!!! We had dinner there everyday.

• Executive Double Room

Rooms don't look as nice as on the pictures. Cleanness could be better (found some hair in the room). Lift is ridiculously small (can barely fit one person+1 luggage, or 2 tiny people).

Rooms are modern - Location is great, near Grand Boulevards.

• Executive Double Room

the hotel is in renovation which wasn’t mentioned prior there is therefore no common area, no breakfast despite it being included, no possibility to have even room service. I got there quite late and was starving but the mini bar was empty as well. the room in itself is ok although very small the bathroom doesn’t have any type of furniture so your toiletries have to be placed on the floor. room i insolation is quite poor even though i was in a recently renovated one. i basically felt like the room next was in mine. i wouldn’t recommend i also asked for late checkout due to a severe migraine crisis and had to pay an extra 20 eur when that could have been a nice way to compensate for the annoyance caused by the renovation finally, the lift is tiny as in only one person can fit without luggage

None 😁

They gave me 7th floor! The highest! Even the view is normal, but im satisfied. The room is clean & comfortable. 100% recommend this hotel. Tiny but perfecto! They provide u 2 plug. One is normal which u can find it in every hotel. One more is usb so u guys dont worry about bringing international charger hihi im so happy as this hotel is my last day at France.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

the smallest elevators i have seen in a hotel, only i elevator and it is good for 2 adults, if you have luggage and travelling with Kids it may take you sometime to get to your room. Booking.com confirmation indicate check out time as 12 noon. but we were told that maximum we are allow to stay till 11.

• Executive Double Room

The rooms have very thin walls, so you're able to hear your neighboor, we were in connecting rooms though! Still under renovation but great!

Location was great, room decoration as well!

Room could have been larger, but it is Paris!

The staff were very friendly. The room was small but clean and functional. Bathroom had excellent water pressure for showers. No air conditioning, but a fan provided. When windows closed, no traffic noise from the street below.Great location with major attractions within 2 klm walking distance. Very close to the airport bus terminal.

Everything! Pathetic! Hotel and Booking.com misrepresented images of room. Paid almost 100€ for a bathroom full of mold and shower and sink stopping up, noisy and dirty under renovation. No minibar(a frig is not a minibar nor tea/coffee maker in room as stated. Shameless to rent a place like this. Close for a week for renovation work to be done, instead of perturbing paying sleepy traveling clients!

room too small, bed is wall to wall.safe deposit box not working. fridge not working. renovations ongoing in hotel and very noisy

great location . handy to everywhere

Honesty earlier in the week or even previous day in informing us that the room would not be ready. We could then have made another plan to find a suitable room/hotel that was ready. There was NO wifi in the room, only in the lobby, so really bad to try to communicate.

They were still building the room when we got there so could only occupy it after dinner that evening. It was brand new, but so small, if I had my cat with me I would not be able to swing it.

The lift was extremely small. Like in, I have never seen such a small lift. My wife is tiny and it was a squeeze to fit both of us in the lift. And the renovations is still ongoing but they try to keep it hidden.

We received a newly renovated room that was excellent.

Busy street in front. Very noisy! Building sight / renovation activities in the hotel

The hotel is perfectly located in Paris, but right next to a very busy street which is so load you can't open the window. Currently the whole hotel gets renovated and is a building sight. No real lobby and dust all over.

My bed was really uncomfortable. There was a hole in the mattress and I was sleeping falling down beside. Also the size of the bed is not for 2 people but for 1 and a half.

The location is really good and convenient. Close to everywhere!

In all fairness, my ratings would have been much higher had the hotel's major renovation been complete. The place was top to bottom in the process of remodeling.

The price and location made this a good deal. Desk personnel were all helpful.

Rooms are very simple. No airco system

Very friendly staff. Rooms are very simple but good price given that the hotel is situated next to the Grands Boulevards at equal distance from the grand store departments and some lively cafes and pubs.

The hotel was dark dirty and in disrepair. It was either being repaired or undergoing major refurbishment. This was not stated at the time of booking or when we arrived. We had booked a triple room. It was very small not even room to walk between the beds. The decor was dated, it was grimy, edges of wardrobes were broken. The bathroom was disgusting it was dirty, it had mould on the ceiling and walls. The door did not close. The shower was very tiny with nothing more than a plastic curtain to help keep the water in the tray. Electric cabling hung from the ceiling on the stairs which were very narrow and again in need of repair with actual steps broken and dangerous. We had managed to get breakfast included on booking but there was no breakfast available. There was no breakfast room. After a lot of arguing with the management we managed to get reimbursed 48 euros for the 2 days breakfast that we had booked. This hotel is definitely not what still appears on the internet. You see a large spacious modern bright contemporary clean and comfy hotel when in fact it is small dark dirty and horrendous it is clearly false advertising!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

No breakfast. Renovations ongoing. Pokyhotel , old, dilapidated. Poky room, noisy. Can't open window, too noisy. No air con only large VERY noisy fan. Carpets, wallpaper peeling in passages. The tiniest lift ever, narrow and two people (thinning) just squeeze in. But then the security gate crashes past or into you before it takes off.. My shoe size 39 (6) just fits in atom door to other end. This was not a nice stay.

Near metro stop. Could see Sacre Couer down one side street.not too far from Opera.

Black mold in bathroom. Hear mice running across floor. Bed spread had stain from human matter. Elector was more a dumbwaiter. Could only handle one bag at a time and one person at a time if you could fit in it.

Facilities were really old. It is not to say that they were particularly dirty but the bed case had stains...blinds were dusty...toilet really old... The sink was old and chipped...walls had slight yellow stains.last 2 days the bed was made but the sheets were not changed.

The place is in great location. If you can walk, you could visit 30-40 % of paris on foot.

Where to start... The room was extremely small and the bed covers were dirty and covered with stains. Bathroom was full of mould, shower was not powerful enough to take a decent shower and some parts of the wallpapers were ripped. All the restaurants and cafes nearby were overpriced. This is purely my opinion, but being a tourist does not and should not mean that we are willing to get ripped off and we only consider to visit that location once. Long story short, I would not stay at this hotel again and I am not considering to visit Paris for a very long long long time. I do not know how Booking.com calculates the review score, but based on my feedback 3.8 is a very high score for this hotel. I think 1.5 / 5 would be a genuine score for this hotel.

The 2 guys at the reception were very friendly and welcoming. They were also good English speakers as well.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

hotel wasn't maintained during the years, there were renovations going on at one side, water was not available at all moments, elevator can only be used for small bags, bathroom had an unpleasant smell, hair dryer doesn't work,...

location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The room was way below minimum standards. The cleaning lady had used perfumed spray rather than airing the room. (The window could not be opened). The smell was hardly bearable. Difficult to understand how they get away with it.

The location was ideal for me (close to Drouot)

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

There was no hot water in the room. The stuff was rude and unprofessional. 23/04-24/04 his name is Jamais (Jamel?) he didn't take any action about solution with water, abd told me and other customers that "he doesn't know what to do and "it's not his problem " Moreover my room type was didn't correspond to the booked one. I booked double room with 1 bid bed and the administrator gave me twin room with 2 small beds which was really uncomfortable

Close to metro station

-Very old building -Small room -Old bathroom with bed ventilation

-Excellent location in the city centre -Comfortable bed -Very friendly stuff -Little fridge in the room -TV -Cleaning every day

Bathroom a little bit old, some renovation needed. Elavator is funny, I have never seen so small cabin. But at least it exists :)

Friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, towels changing every day.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was sold as a 4-people room. In fact, it was an already small 2-people bedroom (Paris standard), with 2 extra beds. You could barely walk through the room! Our lugagge was placed in the bathroom, and we had to literally walk over the beds. The room was also dusty and smelly. Despite stating my insatisfaction on the 1st night to the staff, and they saying it was being "taken care of", nothing happened. Moreover, internet signal inside the room is really poor and the heating was not really working.

Nice, fresh breakfast, althought we had to wait for the croissant every single day. Close to subway stations and great night life neighborhood. Kind staff.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

- Card authorization and blocking of funds in advance, and again blocked the payment of money. When would my friend did not have extra money to each other, we did not have accommodation, because the hotel authorized to twice amount in advance on my credit card on arrival after he wanted me to pay the money and yet are still blocked and till now loose on my account. Illogical progression for me. - broken fridge - water supply throughout the hotel is too hear

- location hotel is very good - near to metro station - housekeeping every day

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Breakfast was very bad and room walls are very thin. Only one person can use elevator.

The pillows were fine. Staff was friendly. Room warm and light.Location was very central and safe.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The elevator is m the smallest one I've ever seen in my life, just the space for a person and a bag or two squeezed persons. The hotel has no particular facilities, you can hear sounds from other rooms. The warmer made a short metallic sound from time to time during the night. Room was not that warm, we had to rely on warm blankets.

Location was great, few steps away from Opera, Galeries Lafayette and a lot of buses/metro. The hotel is quite central and it's perfect for reaching the main Paris' sights, restaurants, pubs in few time. The room was fair enough. Staff is friendly and polite. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I think the hotel needs an urgent renovation, everything is very old and finished. There is a lot of noise from open/close door because the door locks are broken and there is also a lot of noise from the maids who are cleaning very early. No mention of the noise heard from the neighboring rooms. The paper walls are heard all over ... very unpleasant.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

a mistake at reservation charged me two rooms instant one. I was lucky because the reseptionist the second day noticed the same name two times.When I reached the hotel(15 min after the booking) i didn t informed for the two reservation and i didn t took 2 room keys so i could notice the mistake at the booking.

location, near to metro station

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Room was not as advertised. Website shows bright, large rooms with plenty of space. Our room was dark, and barely had space to move around the bed. The lift is only large enough to take a small suitcase, so we ended up carrying all our bags up two flights of stairs. Wifi also is a little patchy, and seems to go off intermittently.

Good location, though initially difficult to find, has free wifi. Staff were polite, friendly and helpful when we asked for recommendations and directions.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Too small of rooms, even for a single traveler. I could not even sit on the toilet with my legs in front of me because it was too small, and I'm a 5'5" 130 lb woman. Old hotel, so lots of paint chips, peeling wallpaper, etc. Lift was so small I could not even keep my backpack on in it. Internet did not even work in my room, and as a traveler from the US without phone service, this was very hard to deal with. And it was expensive. Would not recommend - should have just stayed in a nice hostel for a cheaper price.

Rooms were clean. Location is safe.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

There was nothing that I didn't like, lift was very small so just used the stairs

Location was excellent, easy metro access for where ever you needed to go, and staff were very helpful with directing us

Great location, good value for money; accommodated my friends and I in rooms opposite each other; comfortable beds!

• Double Confort Room

The lift is very small but manageable.

Location, good value for money and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Executive Double Room

Great location, rooms were amazing and very new. Would happily stay there again

• Executive Double Room

very small floors and stairs, a super small lift and no door between showers and bedroom.

very clean rooms, security and stuff: excellent

• Double Confort Room

Very small lift. Not suitable with luggage.

Clean accomodation

• Executive Double Room

Dusty because of the renovation

Newly renovated, everything was new

No breakfest

Room new

• Double Confort Room

Nice large bed, room was smart and neat. Excellent location!

• Executive Double Room

Not a verybig hotel.the elevator is sooo small. And when you get out you need to leave the room card..

Great location and clean room

• Double Confort Room

The lift is a bit little and not comfortable. Some people might suffocate.

Staff was helpful.

• Double Confort Room

Too many dust because of the construction

The front office officer is very kind and friendly

There is a main strip literally a yard or two away and it has everything you would want.

• Double Confort Room

generally basic amenities was missing

lousy hotel , they donot even have a coffee machine in the room

Everything...Noisy we could hear through walls...plus the room was old and dirty

the room looked poor, broken blinds, not clean

there was a bathtub ( tinny )

It was nothibg like in pictures, really really dirty, and i mean everything..walls, curtains, ceilings.

The hotel was 'under renovation' and having looked at previous reviews, has been so since 2014! Do not stay here!

The small lift