Reviews of Occitania Centre Toulouse Matabiau 3 stars

7, Boulevard Bonrepos, 31000 Toulouse, France

#74 of 94 hotels in Toulouse

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Convenient stay near train station
    • Standard Single Room

The bathtub is a bit old, so there were some scratches on it. Even though I was in a calm room, I could hear my next-door neighbor using the hair dryer at 8am. The bedhead moved a little bit when I laid on it and it hit the wall, so I had to move carefully if I didn't want to "knock" the wall.

STAFF - The staff was very friendly, kind and helpful. I felt expected and welcomed. ROOM - I really appreciate having a kettle, tea and coffee waiting for me in the room, and a bottle of water. Room has AC, and thick curtains to get a good night of sleep. Very practical to have a luggage rack, it was inside the closet. Nice looking room like in the pictures. BATHROOM - Bathroom with bathtub and even though the room was small, the bathroom was bigger than in some known hotel brands. There's a tissue dispenser and hair dryer. LOCATION - Excellent location just in front of the train station. Walking distance to the city center and even the big park that seems far is only a 25 minute walk. BREAKFAST - Another plus, the buffet breakfast including ham and cheese, plus croissants, and regular breakfast. I liked as well having fresh fruit and some "seeds". Very complete. LUGGAGE - For your final day you can leave your luggage at the front office and come take it later.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The location is great and the staff are friendly.

The television on the wall is completely not good and few times I hit my head with it!

The location is great and the staff are friendly. The room was clean and comfy

Worn room, not as the pictures show!!!

The room that we got doesnt look like as the pictures show. The cupboards, the table and the whole room were absolutly worn. There were holes in the wall just fixed with a bit of paper and the showerenclosure and the showerhead were defect. We just wanted to stay for one night but seeing this our mood went down. We really were shocked. The manager offered that we could change the room (I dont know if other rooms are better in this hotel) but we just were tired and really it is outrageous to offer that room!!! The surrounding is, as you could expect from the mainstation, difficult and noisy (with strip club an so on). I really can not recommend this hotel. Its ok for one night if you are just in Toulouse to get the train somewhere else the next morning. But please do not expect anything.

Very close to the mainstation and the citycenter Double window so that it is not that loud in the room

Close to train station!!!

NA

As soon as we get walked in the door the staff were so friendly, they found out it was our first time in Toulouse and they took out a map for us and drew on it some suggestions for us to visit!!!! We needed to be close to the train station and it was perfect not even 5 min walk!!!

Not a hotel for families.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I booked a family room. It smelt of cigarettes. The floor was filthy. There was a wet yellow patch on the duvet. The bathroom was dirty. It is next to a strip club. The pictures on booking.com are misleading as the rooms are stark and not decorated. They cannot help the roadworks outside but the stairs inside meant we had to have help every time to get the stroller to the room. I would not recommend this hotel. The shower head does not stay in the holder and it fell down and struck me on the back resulting in a nasty bruise.

The initial staff we met were helpful. They changed the duvet and had the floor cleaned after I complained.

Good hotel near train station
    • Standard Single Room

The price is a bit high for this kind of hotel but perhaps high prices are common thing for all Toulouse hotels.

Good hotel for an overnight stay near the train station. Friendly staff, nice cosy and clean room.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

I recommend this hotel, especially for families.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Only baterries in the TV remote to exchange.

Very nice, helpful, good informed receptionists, comfortable beds, pretty view from the window, very close to Matabiau bus and train stations, close to the centre, good price = about 80 euros for family - two adults with a 5-years old child.

Wonderful location and Great Staff !

The internet was very weak and slow.

The staff, and in particular, Flavian and Florence made us feel very welcome. They also helped us become familiar with Toulouse offering suggestions and guidance. The location of the hotel was very convenient to the Railroad and Bus stations, as well as restaurants and the city center.

compact hotel, but clean & comfortable
    • Standard Single Room

Room & bathroom small but an old building so the best they could do Room smelled a bit smoky

Room had been updated Bed and pillow very comfortable Breakfast & coffee good Air conditioning worked Very close to central train & bus station Check in staff allowed me to practice my French

Nice stay

The hotel is located right next to a strip club... But, hey, this is "la ville rose" after all ;) Not a bad thing, but I would avoid staying there with kids. Perfect for a group of friends, though! Also, I would advise to have breakfast somewhere else, there are many cafés with nice outdoor seating not far away.

Although it's in the outskirts of the red light district, the location is brilliant ... near the canal du midi, right in front of the main train station and a short walk away from the Capitole! It's also cheap and surprisingly quiet! The staff was also very polite, friendly and helpful!

Handy stopover for the rail traveller with easy access to town centre restaurants and sights.

Accommodation fairly basic even in my deluxe room, but very clean. Slightly smokey room but the windows opened up onto the canalside so was able to air it out.

Fantastic location near the railway station and handy for the centre of town. Helpful staff advise on local services and look after baggage once you've checked out. Good choice at breakfast of cereals, cheeses and cold meats, yoghurts, pastries and bread, jams etc.

Helful staff, handy to Bus/Train stations.

Could do with better lighting in the rooms.

Good access from Bus/Train stations. Staff very friendly and helpful with tourist ideas. Handy to town.

Great location . Very friendly Staff.

Could be a bit noisy you can here people in the other rooms. I assume if you are a light sleeper might be a bit of a problem. But nothing the hotel can do about it I guess.

Comfy bed. Very friendly Staff, they will always ask you if everything was OK. They all spoke good English. Great location 5-10 min walk to Metro, Train Station, and airport Shuttle bus. 15 min walk to the city centre. The hotel gave us a map with all the information me need to go and have a look around and with recommendations to eat out and they were all very good!

good value and ideal if staying just one night connecting btwn airport and centre ville

Very close to the main railway station. Express bus from Airport drop off is a block away. Very helpful staff speaks English. A few blocks away from major centre ville sites and restaurants.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room was too tight.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The train station is just across the road, rather close to the city center. Metro station is also close to the hotel.

dissapointing

The walls are thin like paper and you can hear absolutely everything that happens in the next room or on the hallways. The surroundings of the hotel are not very nice either

The stuff was nice&helpful enough but the location isn't ideal except if you have to catch a train early in the morning. The room was big and comfortable enough but not spotlessly clean.

Very small hotel room but a hotel extremely handy to the train station. A good walk to the centre.
    • Standard Twin Room

When we arrived after spending many hours travelling the hotel door was locked. We were standing outside holding our luggage until the lady who was on duty decided to open the door for us. Not a good start.

The hotel extremely convenient to the train station. It has lifts in the building.

Ideal for a rugby trip to Toulouse - good location and reasonably priced
    • Standard Twin Room

We had a warm welcome on arrival from Florence, the hostess/manager, who had perfect English (having previously worked as a tourist guide), and was most helpful in showing us where the top tourist attractions were located in Toulouse and indeed where we might see Sky Sports coverage of rugby matches. Florence provided a European plug adaptor (we had forgotten this when packing) and assisted us to do our airport check-in on-line on the PC which is available for customers. The hotel is very close (almost opposite) to the main Railway Station and main regional bus station . We were in Toulouse to attend a rugby match in Castres and , we used the bus/rail terminal on two mornings of the three days we stayed in Toulouse. With 9 am starts to our trips each of the days , it was very convenient for the hotel accommodation to be so close to the bus/train . The hotel is some 10 minutes walk from the area of the city where there are numerous nice restaurants and bars , the markets and the centre-ville. The hotel met the requirements of three rugby supporters, being a budget hotel providing reasonable facilities in a good location with very good access to train and regional buses and close to the tourist attractions. The staff, led by Florence , were very obliging with perfect English. An ideal venue when on a rugby trip to Toulouse!

The cleanliness and location and staff last time I was there...
    • Standard Single Room

This time I was met at reception by a grumpy old man who was almost rude. He smiled finally when I paid him. He made me feel very uncomfortable and I wish I had'nt booked your hotel.

The cleanliness and location and staff last time I was there 1st Sept

Met our requirements, and we booked to return for another night before returning via train to Paris

Location to Rail Station suited. Bed was the most comfortable of our travels to date. The room size was adequate and what we expect in French Hotel rooms.

A promise for an unknown place

No parking available, the outside facade needs a lot of attention, the Wifi system was a disaster

The bed comfort was excellent, the room was very quiet, the cleanliness of the house.

Perfect location, a few minutes walk from the train station,...

Perfect location, a few minutes walk from the train station, easy to find. The staff is very friendly and helpful, kept my luggage till my afternoon train. Speak English. The room is nice and neat, tea, water served.

The Hotel is more like Motel. I would not say this is a hotel where you would pay 80 Euros per night

I didn't like the change of currency as the price went up when I made payment. I had to pay 20 euros more for each rooms. I also paid for the taxi which costed me 35 Euros from the Airport to this hotel.

I liked the location the most. Hotel was mediocre compared to the rate being offered from Booking.com

Occitania Much More than OK!

All good

Really friendly and very helpful staff, great location close to the station and easy walk to the old town. Comfy bed and it was great have a bath after a month of showers!

Great price and very friendly staff

Noise from a hugh warm water boiler on 2nd floor, which was well audible in the evening in my room. Area is not great, close to station but I felt at safe and at ease. Coffee facilities room were different than showed on the pictures: no espresso like machine but 2 sachets of dry coffee, no milk en 2 sachets of black tea.

Very close to the train station and airport navette, within walking distance to city centre. Super friendly and helpful staff, good beds, nice and soft towels. I would return to this hotel.

Fair stay

Bed could be a bit more comfortable. But everzthing was OK, in general.

It was generally OK. Location is good and personnel pleasant. It was clean. I found the quality/price ratio a bit high...so perhaps I try some other place next time I visit Toulouse.

Please don't stay here!

Very very bad staff attitude other than the helpful young guy on checkout. Very stingy supplies i.e., one coffee pod a day and one small shower gel a day.

Easy for transport to airport

4.4
    nothing special.
    • Standard Single Room

Limited brekfast, no internet at lobby and poor at room, I;m was not able to work in hotel. For 100 eur per night, is much more bellow expectation.

nothing special.

Don't bother! Many other choices available in Toulouse

I specifically chose this place for the supposed airport shuttle. We were traveling w heavy bags and v tired from long journeys. The booking.com page is incorrect ... there is no airport shuttle. Only the bus shuttle from the station, a 10 min walk away. Bus station next to train station. That was not clear from directions given by staff. Main issue is the claim on this site that the hotel has an airport shuttle at all. Additionally, the shower had no where to place the nozzle so we had to use one hand to hold the nozzle the whole time. The room was tiny and the breakfast not worth 10 euro at all. Overall, it was over priced ... you can get much better accommodation elsewhere is Toulouse.

Nice pillows ... awesome staff.

The location is very good, right opposite the station, the...

They are understaffed, I had to wait almost 1 hour because the outside door was locked during the day and there was nobody to open it, apparently the receptionist was busy checking the elevator. Breakfast is not worth it, you can find much better options around. Also they close the hotel between 12-2 PM, which is really weird and not handy if you need to get something from your room.

The location is very good, right opposite the station, the airport shuttle bus stops very near.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Don't stay here until the neighbourhood is cleaned up and safe.

The location is in the red district. There is a strip bar next door, and bad activities around. The renovation of Allees Jean-Jaures and Rue Bayard may have a good impact in the future. Very little presence of public safety around the street.

The people at the reception are extremely nice and very helpful. A short walk to the train station.

Good central location but understaffed
    • Standard Twin Room

Big issues with no static front of house presence whenever we arrived back to the hotel. We had to stand outside for nearly 5 minutes in the afternoon (approximately 6.30pm) as no one was sitting behind the desk. A young couple were also checking in at the same time and they had to stand outside whilst someone came downstairs. We then arrived home at approximately 3am and we and another group staying had to stand outside for a new minutes before the night manager arrived to the front door. The area would not be classed as the safest area in Toulouse so having to stand outside on the footpath whilst waiting for someone to come back to the desk was very poor. I was told to speak to the owner about the issue and I believe it is due to under-staffing, which is worrying.

Good location and large clean room.

Convenient location, quiet, good bed and super staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Area at night is not great, especially for women on their own.

It was close to transport. The canal is pretty. Area is not great but 10 minutes by foot from market, good restaurants. Room was small but adequate and the beds comfy. The biggest plus is friendly staff who speak English and are super helpful. Especially have to mention Florence and Vincent for going the extra mile.

Very friendly, helpful staff.
    • Standard Single Room

Very friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is across the street and the old Midi Canal from the train station. Almost bucolic location in centre of city.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Good choice

Traffic noise from adjacent busy road. Small double bed. Small room.

Location very close to train station. Reasonable breakfast. Helpful staff who spoke good English.

Noisy room in a good location

Rooms 101 and 109 (at least) had the whole night a loud and unpleasant noise from an air-conditioning from a club downstairs, in need of repair. The first 2 nights (one at 101 and one at 109) were awful. Luckily, the staff was very good ad relocated us a second time into a noise free room (304).

Very friendly staff and good location near city center.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Great value for money you pay

The view wasnt great, but for 50eurp per night it was absolutely ok.

Good location, kind English soeaking staff, clean. We were very satisfied about what we got for the price we paid.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Not the fault of the hotel, but as the windows are toward a very circulated area, the noise coming from cars is noticeable.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The amenities are ok and the room was clean. The brakfast a little poor.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Good for a short stay in Toulouse

The bathroom could be refurbished, but for 2 nights it was ok.

The staff was really nice and helpful all the time, the location ist just 3 minutes away from the station and the terminal of the airport bus.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Ideal for an overnight stay

We choose it for it's location as it was near the main train station. Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and well equipped. Ideal for an overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Good when on a tight budget

The walls are rather thin so we can hear everything from the next room or the room across the hall. The hotel itself is nice but the area is seedy.

The rooms are really comfy and nice. The bathroom is clean. The staff is nice and cordial.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

We really liked the hospitality of the staff.

We really liked the hospitality of the staff. When we arrived, we were informed we had been upgraded for a better room, which positively surprised us. The room was a very good size. Overall, we believe there was a great quality-price relation.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Toulouse
    • Standard Twin Room

Bed was very comfy only problem is pillow was so hard and lumpy..:/ kept waking up through the night because of it

Location! And staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Receptionist was very welcome and gave us plenty information...

Receptionist was very welcome and gave us plenty information about the city. The room was fairly fine, quite clean and practically ideal of an overnight stay. It's location is very convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I would not go back

The hotel has the most bizarre policy of locked door (entrance) at all times. If you want to get in the hotel u need to ring the buzzer, however, reception is not staffed 24/7 so we had to wait 5-10 mins on average for someone to open the door which was very frustrating even in the early afternoon (5-6pm). I would certainly not go back again. Otherwise it was ok

Hotel was clean and location was OK, walked everywhere, didn't have to use public transport

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great place for less money
    • Standard Single Room

I'm a soldier on leave and found this place to my liking. Espresso machine thing in room. With mini fridge. Plenty of space in room. Proximity to centre ville and Gare. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Affordable central old fashioned hotel with nice staff and good cleanliness
    • Standard Twin Room

Very noisy during the night, not from outside, but from inside the hotel (thin walls)

Very clean, very nice staff, perfect location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Not pleased.
    • Standard Twin Room

Way overpriced for a very small room, awkward bathroom in a pretty sorry neighborhood.

Friendly welcome .

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The coffee maker and the minibar.

The pillows, very old ones

The coffee maker and the minibar.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location, nice staff
    • Standard Single Room

A little lack of light in the room

Great location, nice staff

Met our needs perfectly as a stop over for an early flight

Transient area

Good for a night in transit. Cheap and cheerful

Staffs were really helpfull and always with a big smile on...

İt was a bit oldschool (but it changes nothing about the quality)

Staffs were really helpfull and always with a big smile on their face.

The stay was comfortable
    • Standard Twin Room

The WiFi was pretty bad. I had difficulty connecting.

The location was great. The staff extra friendly and helpful

convenient and an oasis away from the turmoil of the station.

great breakfast. very helpful staff.

Good value.

Hotel location is in town center which is a bit rundown.

Room is roomy. Staff is helpful and friendly.

The WiFi didn't work and I could hear every noise of the...
    • Standard Single Room

The WiFi didn't work and I could hear every noise of the rooms surrounding me.

Disappointed
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing about this hotel was enjoyable.

Enjoyable and great coffee at breakfast

Great help from reception staff

Comfortable room near to the city center

Very close to the metro and train station, clean room.

Good start to the holidays

Lovely staff and super restaurant down road. The Velo Sentimental

Value for money and ideal if leaving Toulouse on an early morning train.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

Nice stay in Toulouse

Tv was all french

The staff and location

I'd stay here again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Street side fifth floor room. Quiet, clean and convenient location near train station and only 10 minute walk to center. Price was right.

A pleasant stay with easy access
    • Standard Single Room

Courteous and helpful front desk staff. Pleasant decoration in lobby.

Wonderful location

Wonderful location

Very good location, English speaking staff and large rooms!
    • Standard Single Room

Very good location, English speaking staff and large rooms!

Visiting Aeroscopia.

Located right across the road from the canal and railway station, short walk into the town center.

The view and the room

It was too cold! the bathroom was polo norte!

The view and the room

Terrible staff terrible rooms no hot water broken doors noisy ... simply must be avoided at all costs.

Ok

Friendly staff

The cleanliness and the friendly staff.

Bed was too hard and shower wonky. No milk on drinks tray.

The cleanliness and the friendly staff.

We found it to loud

Some facilities not working

The staff very friendly

Friendly staff, convenient for the station

Next door to a strip club

Friendly staff, convenient for the station