Reviews of Premiere Classe Poitiers Futuroscope - Chasseneuil 1 stars

7, allée de la Détente, 86360 Chasseneuil-du-Poitou, France

#17 of 23 hotels in Chasseneuil-du-Poitou

Good location. Clean, and cheap for a one nights stay on route to Spain from UK.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Vey basic rooms, not terribly comfortable. But perfectly adequate for the price.

Affordable, clean, compact, basic place to crash enroute. Quirky but OK breakfast arrangements

The resteraunt was OK for breakfast but a bit sterile for an evening meal

Breakfast was unusual but fun and quirky. The rooms were typical "sleep pods" and very basic but the bed was comfy and it was what we expected. Parking was fine. It was a great place for an overnight crash and the cost meant we could afford 2 rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Cheap and clean
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

The toilets are very small, however it was just one night and for the price it was more than ok.

It was very clean and the people very nice. it is very close to the futuroscope and to spend one night it is highly recommendable and cheap! The parking was perfect, the wifi free and the beds confortable.

Peacefull and friendly
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Couldn't get the radiator to work in the room so it was a bit chilly. The TV kept on switching on during the night. Having it in French only didn't help too much.

It was a very cosy room for just a one night stay. Very clean and friendly place.

Would not stay here again and would not recommend

It was very noisy, the staff were very unhelpful. The room was tiny and very cramped and dirty and not suitable for a pet as well.

Nothing to be honest!

Exceeded expectations, comfortable stay.
    • Quadruple Room - 1 double bed & 2 single beds

A non smoking section of rooms would be something to think about but hard to manage I appreciate!

The staff were great (especially Melanie if you are able to pass that on). Really friendly/helpful check in. The rooms were very comfortable and clean I expected it to be very basic (just a one night stop for us) it was better than my expectations.

Our 2nd visit and will return

Nothing to dislike

Great location for over night stop. Good pizza for evening meal and wine from vending machine sounds grim but more than passable. Very good value,clean and with facilities and air con. Also offered a discount to eat at a local restaurant too. Breakfast good.

Alway good, competitive & clean
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

no problems. there were no towels, however this can be forgiven since itwas the night of France winning the World Cup

great safe stop-over location for anyone travelling to the south west of France i have stayed there 4 times & will continue to do so. close to amenities (cheap petrol stations) only 5 mis from the motorway but on "on display" like many of the hotels providing accommodation for Futuroscope 24 hour reception allows arrival at anytime if you encounter ferry or traffic delays always welcoming

It is at walking distance from the Futuroscope park.

It is at walking distance from the Futuroscope park. Bus to the city centre is easily available from the bus stop which is about 100 m from the property. The room was cleaned regularly and fresh towels given every day. Liked the breakfast too.

nice and cheap place to stay for going to the Futuroscope

If your purpose is not going to the Futuroscope and you don't have a car then it is a bit complicated to move, there is basically nothing around and the public transportation is not really efficient. On Sundays, everything around is closed

The staff was nice, the room clean and the facility offers food and breakfast for a reasonable price

don't stay here if you can avoid it - drive to another town
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

NOISY, CHEAP - everything plastic like being in a porta potty or a cheap caravan - very hard bed and very uncomfortable. Noise from all the guests - you can hear coffing! - and the carpark right outside. Extremely cheap quality breakfast - old bread, artificial juice, gelatine jams, nothing salty only sweet (my partner had diabetes and no options were there), no fruit or anything - terrible coffee.

There was nothing I liked about this property - I booked it because everything else in the area was fully booked on my date because of national holidays.

This chain always good value
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Car parking was limited due to selfish parking (van and trailor taking up 8 spaces) white lines seemed to be for parking over not between, but hotel could do nothing about this.

Good location, lots of walks for my dogs and ground floor room even though late checkin, bathroom was a good size , unusual for this chain. Breakfast was adequate ,some cheese would have been nice.

Convenient stop over for travel through France.

Not enough power points in room

Convenient stop over for travel through France. Everything you need on site. Had a bathroom this time, much better than the shower capsules.

always good,
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

it would be nice if the car park was locked

clean, efficient: perfect for a stop-off on our way down to our home in south west France. 3rd time we've used it in the past year i will continue to use, as will my family & friends thanks again for a warm welcome even when we always arrive at 1am

Cozy

I think the relationship quality and prices is perfect. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. The rooms are cozy but have everything you need.

After a long drive I was able to get something to eat...
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

The breakfast bar is a bit random and spread out, I missed the fresh bread and toast completely as it is hidden behind a partition. but the selection is good and plentiful.

After a long drive I was able to get something to eat (pizza) on site, no need to search for restaurants/ Pets only €3 each, so really good value.

Very comfortable stay for a night sleep over with kids.
    • Quadruple Room - 1 double bed & 2 single beds

The cleanliness of the room had a bit to desire mainly in the bathroom walls and the flooring overall.

The welcome from the receptionist was amazing and very helpful. We were travelling from France towards the UK. We stopped for sleepover and dinner which we could have in the canteen area where they had two microwaves to warm up our food. The car park was big enough to allow our car to be parked just in front of the room where we were allocated.

ok for overnight

bit more room

small basic room and en suite, very little room to move around. didn't use restaurant. about par for the course for this hotel chain.

A good restful stop on our way back to the Eurotunnel.

Not much exercise area for dogs and the parking is not policed as people park over 2 bays and also they park in the disabled bays when they are clearly not disabled.

We really like the hotel we use it at least 6 times a year. Convenient and at a really great price.

Excellent stopover on our way to UK from home.

Small bathrooms!!!

Have stayed at many Premiere Classes hotels, this one looked like it had been updated recently - to a good standard. The bathrooms are still very small but it was very clean. Always sleep well - beds excellent!

Probably the worst hotel experience ever.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

I sent an email to the hotel, to update my arrival time. This was not answered. So I rang them, I asked if the spoke English to which I got a single word reply “no!” And the phone was put down. I rang back and was put on hold... on arriving receptionists was again not able to speak any English or attempt to try and communicate, I attempted to try to speak what little French I know but after showing her my reservation she asked for the local tax to be paid (in English) and after that put the key card on the counter and pointed out the door! When i has put my things in the room I decided to see if there was anywhere local to get food, braving reception again I asked if their was anywhere to eat local and again got a one word answer “Poitiers” and pointed to the door. Back to room, tried to put the wall heater on as it was below zero outside and it didn’t work, so then tried the air conditioner which had a heat facility, again this didn’t works. So no heating whatsoever in the room. Decided not to try reception again and heading to bed cold and hungry. Went to breakfast in the morning to be faced with about 40 workmen queued for their breakfasts more like a word canteen than a hotel restaurant. Left still hungry!

Location is ideal as a stop off point when driving through to Spain. Price is low but reflected by the service and rooms

Clean and comfortable. Everything we needed for an overnight stay at a good price.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Shower was over the bath. Not easy if unable to climb over bath edge and no handle for support if floor of bath became slippery.

Friendly receptionist who spoke to us in English. Very nice accommodation, clean and spacious. Huge car park but necessary for the three blocks of accommodation. Microwave available in reception/breakfast room if you want to re-heat food. Obviously a very popular place due to being very close to Futuroscope. Will book again when in the area.

Better transit hotels are available than this one

- Shower was not clean - GF found hair on the floor (and wasn't ours - bbrrrr) - creaking bed even with the slightest movement - very small bedroom/shower - felt like we in a little boat

Parking the car next to your room is handy for such transit stops/hotels

Good stopover
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Basic but good sized room with comfortable bed and spacious bathroom - friendly receptionist who put up with my less than perfect French accent when I arrived at 1am

Price.

The staff hardly speaks English and was not willing to help when I called them because I forgot something in the room and I wanted to have it removed and stored at the reception so that I could pick it up during my return trip. I made multiple phone calls, it was very hard to communicate with the staff and they even hung on me (shame).

Price.

Basic, adequate suited our needs perfectly

See above

The room was a bit cramped but the beds were excellent. We both had a good sleep. I felt we got good value overall We did have real problems finding the place. Street names were difficult too spot and the post code took us well out of our way. Don't recommend anyone using it to find the hotel

Rubbish wont stay here again

the bedding & room where dirty in the double single room none of the staff spoke english, the parking was designed for small cars lastley the breakfast was a rip off well over priced.

Never again.
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Not clean and next day a rash appeared on the arms and legs from my wife and son. Besides this, there was any room reserved, even I sent a request 2 weeks in front telling them for a spacey room since we are travelling with a disable person. They blamed Booking. Only when I said I was going to call Booking myself they gave me a room (small) but at least on the ground floor.

Close to the highway

15 minutes walk from futuroscope.
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

The bathroom is very compact, not sure an adult male would fit in the shower cubicle but it was ok for us. We booked a three beds room. The third one was a bunk bed and would be more appropriate for a child than an adult (very little place between bed and ceiling).

15 minutes walk from futuroscope. Very comfortable beds. Friendly receptionists.

Noisy and dirty hotel

The place is right next to the motorway and very noisy. The rooms are small and not clean. The outside area is very dirty. For a little more money you can stay in a 4 star hotel nearer to Futuroscope instead of this 1 star. I can accept basic but not unhygenic....

Unfortunately nothing

Comfortable rooms and provided a travel cot.
    • Double Room - 1 Double bed & 1 Extra bed

Friendly staff, lovely pizzas onsite and all you can eat cold breakfast definitely stay again.

Comfortable rooms and provided a travel cot. We also had a dog with us as well as an 8mth old.

Will return again definitely
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Very small parking places with little room to manicure the car. Hot inside the room. Was looking forward to a glass of French wine after a long day driving but only saw a fridge vending machine. But maybe I am asking too much.

Price was in good balance with what we got. Easy to check in. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere with pretty garden.

Best avoid this hotel

Decent pillows are needed as the ones provided were very small, lumpy and dirty,room smelt of cigarette smoke and was disgusting. The shower curtain was dirty and hanging off and the shower head was broken so had to hold it by hand to have a shower. It may be cheap but I do expect a functional, clean room that doesn't stink of cigarettes

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great value comfortable sleep.

We stay here at least twice a year and every time I book I ask for a room on the ground floor of 300 block facing the grassy area at the back of the block but I always end up getting a room somewhere else. We don't usually arrive until 10 or 11pm and as we have driven either from the UK or Portugal to get there we are usually too tired to argue.

The location, the price and free car parking.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Great location and good value for money

The duvet cover was dirty and our special instructions that are included in all of our bookings for this hotel are never noted. I always have to repeat them when checking in.

Location in relation to the A10. The room comfort and the reasonably sized bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

We did not like the fact that there was no hot water, so...
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

We did not like the fact that there was no hot water, so unable to shower or wash properly, the receptionist shrugged her shoulders when we reported it twice

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

If you like to be "surprised"
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Beware, what you see most probably is not what you are going to get. On the photo from the presentation you can see bath and wash basin. You book room expecting that and then you get airline style plastic cubicle that you can't even turn around. That must be customers fault or is it misrepresentation. Room on the second floor and no lift. Do they expect people to leave luggage in the car or if someone has bad leg and can't claim stairs to call emergency services.

Good location for amenities.

Staff not helpful and when ask for new towels and bed lining was told they had been charged and only half had been done.

Good location for amenities.

1 night stopover
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Only one pillow and no kettle

Great location,good value breakfast for a small charge

1 night stopover

Only 1 pillow and no kettle in the room

Great location friendly staff good breakfast for a small charge

Great value for money.

Great value for money. Decent night sleep. Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

• Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Excellent value for money.

Quiet, cool and a good size room. We were able to book it via the website within 5 minutes of arriving there!

Close to futuroscope

Room way too small

Close to futuroscope

Perfect for a family stopover.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Maybe add a shelf on the side of the double bed by the wall.

Perfect for a family stopover. Friendly.

Eurotour

Very small bathroom

Good location just off of motorway near to Poitiers. Ideal stop off point travelling through France.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good location, good value for money
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

The rooms are a bit small though

Reasonably priced and very close to Futuroscope

Budget stay
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Clean basic room. Excellent value (especially great value for breakfast). Easy to locate.

I used it as a stop over on way to Spain, it was basic but...

I used it as a stop over on way to Spain, it was basic but all I needed was a clean bed and toilet facilities.

cheap.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Small room and ridiculous bathroom

cheap.

Clean, comforthable, good pizzas!
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Air conditioning, ample secure parking, very comfortable and efficent

Comfortable room.
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Perfect place to stay. Close to the highway. Good for the value and great helpful staff.

Comfortable room.

Proche du futuroscope on as pu si rendre à pied.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Proche du futuroscope on as pu si rendre à pied.

Cheap for the area and OK for en route stop.

Necessary to drive to nearest restaurant.

Cheap for the area and OK for en route stop.

Clean

Clean

Ideal over night stop,

Very good value

ok
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

The bath room is too small.

Free parking is nice

???????
    • Quadruple Room - 1 double bed & 2 single beds

Being based for tax as I should not have to pay price given at booking should be all you have to pay (fiddle)??

All good

• Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

You get what you pay for.

Motel rooms were rather cramped, especially for a family.

Good value for money

Good location for Futuroscope and value for money.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Tired decor. Cramped room/bathroom compared to La Rochelle Premiere Classe.

Good location for Futuroscope and value for money. Good breakfast.

Next to Futuroscope

Next to Futuroscope

Convenient for the highway

Rooms small and basic

Convenient for the highway

It served a purpose

Bed not comfortable and shower very small

Location was convenient b

Convenient in a crisis
    • Triple room - 3 single beds

Parking and location was near in snow blizzard

comfortable and clean

basic but clean and comfortable

Good budget stop over.

Very basic

Good budget stop over. This one had a cafe which some premiere classe do not.

Correspondant à mes attentes.
    • Double Room - 1 Double Bed & 1 Single Bed

Correspondant à mes attentes.

Having to Leave

The Bed

The room

The room

The price

The cleanness of bathroom

The price

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Wish we hadn't gone there

Rude staff, awful pillows asked for replacements which was refused

Truck stop on an industrial estate a long way from city. Just about ok for overnight stop.

Not enough staff. Room was not clean. Bed uncomfortable. Breakfast (bread and jam) not worth the charge.

At this time of year (November) it was very quiet - I liked it.

Found it difficult to find.

Comfortable quiet accommodation