Reviews of Hôtel Pont Royal 5 stars

5-7 Rue De Montalembert, 7th arr., 75007 Paris, France

#426 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Boutique hotel in a wonderful location
    • Superior Room

very small rooms with an even smaller bathroom that urgently need an updated decor. The cheap plastic courtain in the bathroom was particularly terrible. The selection at breakfast could be much better and refilled frequently.

The location is excellent, my favorite area to stay in Paris, we walked everywhere! The staff is wonderful, Xavier the concierge particularly, was extremely helpful. Our room had a lovely view , we woke up every day to Sacre Cour in the distance and the view from the street below. Personal service that you only get at small boutique hotels.

The hotel is in a great location near to St.
    • Superior Room

The decor of the rooms is dark wood, burgundy fabrics and rugs which made the room feel smaller than it already was. While I would have liked more room (we had to move a coffee maker to use the top of the desk to put a suitcase) the room wasn't small by European standards. The bathroom is also a bit cramped but it had everything we needed. The wi-fi was great except for the times of the day when most people are in their rooms. Then if was very slow. There was an artificial fragrance in the sleeping rooms and the lobby that I found off putting but it might not be to other people.

The hotel is in a great location near to St. Germain, Musee D'Orsay, and right across the river from the Louvre. The staff was good and very responsive to requests. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The included breakfast was pretty good.

Excellent hotel!
    • Superior Room

Room size was a bit small, perfect for one person!

Wonderful location, bed was a dream, very comfortable with high quality linens. Great staff, amenities, services - will definitely return!

Excellent stay

All Good

Excellent staff quite room and great breakfast. The hotel is located a close walk to restaurants and bars and all of the scenic attractions including the open top bus just around the corner.

A perfect place to be In order to explore Paris!
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Our room was very small. I did not mark the hotel down in the ratings because I expect tiny rooms in Paris (and most major cities.) Plus the cramped space was definitely offset by the view!

Wonderful hotel in perfect location! The concierge, Xavier, was so helpful and efficient with reservations. Our room 802 being in the “grenier” had a sweet little balcony featuring a show stopping panorama of Paris. Note: I flight of steps to walk up.

Location was great!
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Honestly, my only issue was the water pressure was weak. Not enough pressure to fill the bathtub....would have taken an hour to fill the tub!

Location was great! Amazing views!

Very disappointed.

Too much to say. The previous reviews are not a realistic impression of what we faced. Complained 3 times about breakfast and still have not had any response despite 2 day’s passing. Very expensive for what was an average hotel. You are paying for location and that’s it. I have stayed at much nicer hotels and will not go back.

The concierge was very helpful

i saw offers in other sites like trivago for the same hotel for 20 % less, i will not continueto use

the cost benefit does not worth

good location , very expensive for a old fashion decoration and small room , no breakfast included . i would pay E350 and this is not a 5 star hotel , poor cost benefit for E500,00 a night

I like the ambience and the friendliness of the staff.
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

We didnt get the water twice which should be given after the room has been cleaned. And the coffee too.

I like the ambience and the friendliness of the staff.

Bedding was very soft.
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel staff didn't offer to help me with bags when I checked in. They were reluctant to help. I noticed that the pillows were dirty (not the case that covers the pillow). I smelled cigarette smoke when I turned on the heater so I opened the windows (it was winter by the way). Water was not very warm when the hot water was turned on all the way. The hotel needs updating. Only positive was the location.

Bedding was very soft. Room was clean

• Classic Room

Maybe it could have been closer to Boulevard St. Germain des Pres where we went shopping because it rained heavily during our visit to Paris.

The breakfast was excellent and the delivery was on time every day. Staff were helpful and friendly

Overal a very pleasant experience.
    • Superior Room

The hotel is slightly dated and worn-out.

The hotel was lovely. Very warm environment and very friendly staff. It was within walking distance of more "touristy" areas and close to a metro station as well as a taxi stand. We were on the 6th floor and enjoyed a lovely view of Paris rooftops and the Eiffel Tower. Joel Robuchon's restaurant L'Atelier, right next door, is also a must.

Great Hotel, Great Location, great Staff, excellent all round.
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Only two pods of coffee in the room, but small supermarket across the road from Hotel for all purchases etc. breakfast expensive, unless buying the fresh produce from Supermarket. eat at your leisure.

Room very clean, bed very comfortable, shower over bath, staff very helpful, great location for attractions and eateries. Very quiet on the 7th floor, room had a view of the Eiffel Tower which looked great at night with the twinkling lights, you can view it from the small balcony.

The most comfortable in our whole stay in Europe!
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

The most comfortable in our whole stay in Europe!!! I loved the hotel, the staff so friendly If I am not mistaken Claire was her name from reception and she was so nice and professional, 5 star treatment! The room was excellent we had a balcony with views to the Eiffel Tower I truly recommended it. It was our anniversary and they went above and beyond with a romantic welcome, wine, rose petals, I can't wait to return. Thank you!

A decent place to stay with kind and helpful staff
    • Classic Room

Room was adequate but nothing special. There was a faintly musty smell in the hallways that I did not like. It smelled like an old hotel that needed new carpeting. We paid a lot for our rooms but to be fair it was Fashion Week and prices were exceedingly high all over the city.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar was small but quite pleasant. Room was adequate but nothing special. I believe that room service comes from the excellent restaurant L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon in the same building but I did not have the opportunity to order room service on this trip.

The staff was great.
    • Classic Room

The staff was great. I called for ice to be delivered to my room and it seemed like I had just hung up the phone and it was there! And I was on the 6th floor! Loved the breakfast and breakfast room. Standard for Paris but delicious coffee which is not standard for Paris.

Breakfast was nice and area cozy.

Room too small :-(

Breakfast was nice and area cozy. Room was clean and bed comfortable, just too little space in room. View and location perfect and very polite and helpful staff.

Good hotel in a great location
    • Superior Room

Hotel is bit dated although the rooms were clean and in good condition. Looks traditional and could do with a refresh of reception area, etc.

Hotel is in a great location with easy access to public transport. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area. If you are bit adverturous and don't mind walking, many of the well known Parisian sights are well within reach.

The staff was rude - the accomdation dark and smelled weird and they booked a driver that cheated me
    • Superior Room

I asked for a room with natural light - they gave me an oddly shaped room with a view of the internal courtyard - and were unreceptive to change me so I stayed in a room i really disliked and I paid for a better room

the location was pretty good

Great location, close to public parking. Fair price but not one of the more luxurious 5 star hotels.
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

We had "bad luck". Wifi and television was temporarily not working and there was no water in the bathroom. They on day 2 moved us from our "specifically booked room with a view" on 7th floor to to another nice room on 2 floor. But still low pressure in the pipes. They told us it was an "outside problem", but more sounded like a wellknown internal problems with their pumps. The front personel was professionally serviceminded, but the attitude was from people "under pressure". The hotel really has to get a grip to stay 5 stared. even if you to not take in mind the missing Water and wifi problem it seems more correct to say its a nice 4 star hotel.

Great location - easy to get around. Close to public parking basement. when we had a room on 7th floor we had a great view to the roofs of Paris.

There was no internet connection or TV services due to a...
    • Superior Room

Please see above. Also, they should offer a complimentary bottle of water everyday.

There was no internet connection or TV services due to a power outage affecting the street during the entire time of my stay. I appreciate that the hotel administration didn't have much to do for this issue, but the only thing they offered to me was a free bottle of Evian from minibar. They should've done more to compensate for this problem.

easy access to metro and buses.
    • Superior Room

No Wifi and TV for most of the stay due to electric network disruption. No clear information given from the staff on this topic and no discount due to this disruption of service. Not to the level of a 5* hotel.

easy access to metro and buses. quiet

Great location, great staff
    • Superior Room

Layout of our room compared to others of same level was a bit off. Had small entry hall which took away from room. But still very nice size for Europe.

Great location. Staff was wonderful. Mattress a bit saggy but comfortable. Room was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Room was made ready 2 hrs early for us
    • Superior Room

Sink drain but could have happenedvanywhere

Bathrobes and slippers, very quiet room even though it looked out onto big street. Nice amenities very luxurious sheets!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great hotel in a convenient location.
    • Deluxe Room

While it is a 5 star hotel (and you would expect prices to be high) once they have your booking they do somewhat gouge for extras to increase the bill sharply. The cheapest bottle of wine in the onsite bar is €50-60 and a bottle of water from the minibar is €9. This may be common in Paris at that style of hotel but be prepared for the high additional costs rather than just focusing on the room rate.

Great hotel in a convenient location. Walking distance to the tourist part of St Germain des Près.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Room with view
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Actually, I liked everything. Maybe one suggestion: a real cheese plate with more French specialties for the breakfast would be very appreciable.

We loved our charming room on the top floor which had a splendid view over Paris. We could sit on chairs to admire the view. It was much bigger than I expected (other comments let me think that the room would be small, but it was not in comparison with Parisian standards). The staff was very nice and helpful. I was very happy because we got exactly the room I asked for. The breakfast was also much better than expected. Internet was included in the room.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Do NOT waste your money here... slerp on the street instead!
    • Deluxe Room

This place is collectoon of all things not to be liked! This hotel, sorry hostel, is overpriced relative to what you get and ehat they deliver. Both from a staff point of view and facilities. Stay here just if this place is your only survival chance after a zombie or nuclear catastrophe!!!

Nothing special to be liked at this place.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

My best choice for our Paris trip

This is the first 5-star hotel I have been to that does not have a coffee machine in room. Missing my daily hot coffee in bed makes me somehow homesick.

Excellent location! Walking distances to most interesting places with supermarket cross the street and pharmacy next door. Close to the train station to Chateau Versailles. Many good restaurants in the neighborhood. Rooms are in appropriate size and bathroom are clean and user-friendly. Staffs are courteous and concierges are helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great left-bank hotel
    • Classic Room

This is our go-to hotel in Paris. My wife and I have stayed here many times and love the hotel. It has a great left-bank location and the staff is great.

Bed was great!
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

We have paid extra for getting the room at higher floor to have the better view. It was not worth paying more. We have just seen the small piece of top of the Eiffel Tower.

Bed was great!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Book Hotel Pont Royal for easy access to everything!
    • Superior Room

I would never stay in room 103 again. We could hear everything going on in the room above us. When we asked the staff they said it was the cleaning people getting supplies. This happened several times a day and could even be heard at 2 and 3am. Tough to sleep when you can hear things being slid across the floor, and banging etc. It is a 1st floor room just above the hotels main entrance. In addition to the noise from above and the cars and people on the street, everytime an employee or customer stood outside the hotels front door and smoked a cigarette, we could smell it in our room. We booked the room for 6 nights and dealt with this every night. We asked to change rooms and were told there were no rooms like ours available to switch us too. I would've taken a downgrade if it was offered as an option.

The bed was fantastic. The staff were super friendly. Check in and out was a breeze. We were able to walk to the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsay within 5 minutes, train and bus stops were within 2 minutes. Get the day passes for the public transportation system! Great shops and tons of cafe's were everywhere you looked. Super safe area...my wife and I would wander the streets at 3am with expensive camera gear and never felt at risk. Directly behind the hotel is a church built hundreds of years ago and is immaculate. Basically, I can't imagine a better location to book a hotel in Paris.

Average
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Staff was not so friendly this time. Also my bed was super uncomfortable. There were two single mattresses, each had a zip to join the two which kept scratching as they were unzipped and mattresses needed to be flipped for these zips not to be on sleeping side. Unacceptable for a 5 star hotel really. Plus shower curtain smelled quite bad.

The view and the location are excellent.!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wonderful stay.
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

The rooms are small but that's Europe for you. On the other hand rooms are clean with all the comfort you'd expect.

The location is great,staff is professional, very hopeful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Should be 4 star, not 5
    • Superior Room

Staff - some are rude and condescending. Location - only Musee D'Orsay is nearby. Everything else is around 30mins by public transport. Value for money - not worth €200++/night

Comfy bed, clean, good wifi

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Amazing place! Wish we were there longer!
    • Classic Room

One light in the bathroom flickered a lot. But feel like it would have been fixed if had said something to the staff. Only reason we didn't bother was because we were there one night. Also, on checking in we were told that we needed to make a €50 deposit on the room on card which would be refunded on our check out (minus the city tax) which I do not remember being on any of the reviews I read beforehand. Wasn't too much of an issue but was a surprise.

Excellent location. Within walking distance of the Louvre. Also very near to some great restaurants. Hotel has a bit of an old fashioned feel but that adds to its character. Facilities were excellent and very modern even though we were only there one night. Staff also very friendly. Would recommend greatly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Enjoyable stay
    • Classic Room

Bar lacked a bit of atmosphere.

Comfortable room. Near Seine. Easy walk to to many places. Blvd St Germain, Louvre, Opera, Rue de Revolution, Eiffel Tower, Close to metro/buses.

Everything!

The location was great
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

I did not the room that I paid for. I booked a room with an Eiffel Tower view and I did not get that I am very unhappy

The location was great

Location in Paris center

Old and not level of 5 star

Location in Paris center

Lovely staff
    • Superior Room

Very bad breakfast, small rooms, old and dark

Lovely staff

Fabulous Hotel and The Staff were excellent and helpful!

Great location, nice hotel

Great location, nice hotel

• Superior Room

There is a Taxi station, a Monoprix supermarket, a...
    • Superior Room

There is a Taxi station, a Monoprix supermarket, a Boulangerie and a Pharmacy just a few steps away

Felt very comfortable
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

Rooms could be more spacious, tv channels to include more Int’l. Sports

Overall facilities, excellent location, small size hotel, very nice staff

There must be a cheaper way to stay in a luxury hotel

Price!

Location and check-in

Great coceirge service

Great coceirge service

I would highly recommend the Pint Royal to anyone. Can't wait to return.
    • Classic Room

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. We did make use of the bar which was fabulous.

Veru good for a short stay

Room too small

Location, location, location. Nice and fancy hotel .

Great location , great hotel

Great location lovely placetook my father for his 60 birthday great trip

Terrible. Dirty old hotel and rude staff.
    • Superior Room

Hotel isn't as advertised. 3 Star hotel maximum nowhere near a 5 Star. Please don't waste your money like we did.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

I will come back to the hotel
    • Superior Room

I don't like the morning reception lady The holler was very nice

I like the hotel and the area

Very comfy
    • Superior Room

Breakfast, head of shower was broken, curtain not well fixed.

Location, very friendly staff, super quit airco, very good bed.

The renovation is extremely needed

The renovation is extremely needed

The staff is just rude!
    • Superior Room

The staff is just rude! They do not care at all for costumer service,

Nice Hotel

Location and building

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Waste of money
    • Superior Room

Small rooms even for couple very very small room i don,t know why it got 5 stars.

Cleaning service was nice

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great location, friendly staff

Small room

Great location, friendly staff

Lovely weekend in Paris
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

For a 5* hotel the breakfast was poor. Not a great value for money.

Nice location and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

the staff

the staff

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Great location of the hotel

Room equipment.

The location is amazing. Restaurant is great. Good pillows. Lots of resturants and shops in that area.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Great value for money!
    • Superior Room

The room was very nice and clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, great value for money.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

A+

All, was wonderful

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great!
    • Superior Room

The manner of the receptionist at the check in date! He could have been more polite!

Evthing was good enough

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Nice Hotel - Nice location

Average Lobby.

Nice hotel - Rooms are comfy. Nice location.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great Staff & Great Location
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

The hotel needs renovation and especially in the bath room

The staff The Location

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Best scrambled eggs !

Best scrambled eggs !!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

5 stars.. Really???
    • Classic Room

Dated, bad service. Awful rooms. Needs a total make over to be relevant

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The property was clean quiet room beautiful perfect location...
    • Deluxe King Eiffel Tower View

The property was clean quiet room beautiful perfect location for us staff very helpful. Couldn't fault this hotel at all

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Nice Location Friendly Staff

Nice location Good bed Friendly Staff Good TV Program

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Wonderful location.
    • Classic Room

Wonderful location. Well kept. Friendly staff.

A good 4 star, NOT 5

the poor breakfast and shabby waiters

the great room 102

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Great location and lovely staff
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms on the small size but great views to the louvre more than make up for that

Great location and lovely staff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Beautiful cosy hotel
    • Superior Room

Breakfast could be more sophiaticated..

Great room for. The value

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The location and staff friendliness

The rooms were very small- we were given 3 of the worst rooms in the house 1 floor facing street - my guess is because we booked thru booking.com- bad internet

The location and staff friendliness

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.