Reviews of Porte de Versailles Hotel 3 stars

11, Boulevard Victor, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#669 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Despite telling me on the phone that no advance payment was needed, they blocked £250 on my bank account 10 days before arrival, then insisted I pay the entire bill when leaving. My bank tell me that the £250 will remain blocked for about 11 more days. I am a pensioner with limited income so now I have had to cancel another family visit. No lift to my room which was up 3 flights of stairs ( I am 70). Room was tiny and full of mosquitoes with ludicrously small wardrobe and exorbitantly priced bar drinks. Taxis booked by the hotel arrived 30 minutes late. Advertised UK television channels not available. Continental breakfast more expensive than full english etc at a UK 4-star hotel. All told a highly disappointing stay

reception staff very good and apologetic for all deficiencies

Perfect little hotel close to the Expo Centre in a safe street. Spotlessly clean, big fluffy towels, good shower & bathroom, big windows, light and quiet room with modern, but comfortable decor. The staff were great and recommended good local restaurants suited for a solo female diner (Le Terminus Balard was ideal). There's a small courtyard for breakfast or coffee, which was surprisingly tranquil - I had a room facing into this as wanted a quiet room. The room was not big, but none in Paris seem to be, and I wasn't planning to hang out in it much. For travel the Expo centre entrance is across the road, it's 5 mins to metro lines and then just 20 mins to Eiffel Tower or easy to get to the centre. There's a little shop next door and the mini bar was well stocked with snacks/drinks and fairly priced.

I cant think of what I could say. Nothing to say about I didn't like

The staff was excellent. The location was good. Easy to walk to Eiffel tower, 35 minutes. Shops all along the way. Cafes to amazing. Love this place.

Bathroom was really small and when taking shower the water would go everywhere. Elevator a little bit small

Staff always tried to help us in everything we needed. The hotel is really accessible by tram 3 and metro 8. You can go to many touristic zones in this metro. Really close to the expo. Everything was clean.

Our room was on the 4th (top) floor, which is a fixed up attic. We could stand up in only about 2/3 of the room because the ceiling was slanted. The only window was a sky light which had a "do not open" sign on it. There was air conditioning, which we didn't need, but I couldn't manage to get the fan to run continuously. It was stuffy and uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well. On the lower floors this is probably a pretty nice hotel.

The room was perfectly clean and the tiny bathroom well designed. The sheets and towels were high quality. Good candy dish at reception.

The staff were very friendly and so helpful. My partner and myself had a problem with our 1st room through no fault of the hotel's and we were upgraded straight away for free as it was my partners birthday. They were such lovely people, very helpful with directions and giving advice about places of interest. Would 100% stay here again and I am fussy! Would definitely recommend upgrading to a superior room though, worth the extra money.

Elevator so small

It's good enough for short stay in Paris it's close to metro that's make more convenient for us. Location is always important.

The rooms are very clean , well appointed but.. very small - the one for our colleague was and that's not so cool. The shower in the bathroom is a mixture of the best and incredibly unpractical- you need a engineering degree to work out the 2 shower heads but once you have, it's superbe. However there is no space to place any of your usual bathroom objects - if there were shelves under the sink it would have made things a lot more comfortable. Buffet breakfast on the pricey side and refrain from taking the meals at the hotel- unless , like we were you are just too tired to go out . Oh yes.. be prepared for an antique , cosy lift that will teach you how to reach the various levels in both french and English, however better travel light as I did nothing such small lift still existed :) !

Generally very helpful and friendly staff trying to help out whenever possible - For ex there is no parking AT the hotel but they have some parking spaces ( paying mind you) where if you drive a motorbike or a mini mini , you can fit your vehicle - Since this was not the case , Denis arranged with a lot of grace and concerns for us to park the car a few doors away which saved us a lot of hassle . They were also very responsive as we had parcel arriving prior or during our stay - a real pleasure to have things taken care of . Excellent location in terms of restaurants, and exhibition hall, tram just outside the front door - so very convenient in that respect too.

Location was in the middle of 2 metro station and in front of T3a. There's a supermarket behind where u can get all ur necessities too. The staff were friendly and they speak English so no worries on that. Room was very neat and the windows allowed fresh crisp air in. They have heating by the windows too so it wasn't that cold in the winter. They have an elevator which was kind of small but it could fit me and 2 luggages! So it's not so bad after all!

Small sink. Small room.

Very comfortable bed. Window. Mini fridge with water, drinks, goodies if needed/for convenience. (at a price). 24 h customer cervice. Wake up service. Nice location with a market, restaurants and metro at a walking distance

My only criticism would be that the room was quite compact but was only used to sleep in so it didn't bother me I did miss not having tea/coffee facilities in the room

Hotel situated about 7 minutes walk to the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles which was very convenient. Staff were all very helpful and Monsieur at reception spoke very good English, The Help yourself Continental Breakfast was unhurried, fresh, sufficient choice, and ample coffee The Hotel was clean and fresh ,the bathroom was particularly clean with an excellent shower Requested a quiet room on booking and that's exactly what I had! Reception were particularly helpful regarding storing cases having arrived early and even offered this upon departure as well Although I didn't use the mini bar it was a very nice option in a small room

Nice place to stay in Paris. Only down fall was room was very small and the elevator was very small too. I am from America so things are just bigger for us. Overall very clean and very quiet stay.

The room and especially the bathroom are too small my pregnant wife couldn't even sit on the toilet seat which is completely stuck on the wall with no leg room.

(The room booking was made by my friend and his application and i asked him to write this review on this booking.com account of my friend panji kumoro ) bathroom door was broken and locked it self. room wasn't ready when we arrived at around 3 PM.. we were had a very loudly and hard argued (other guest starred and watching at us) with receptionist in the first day because of we complained about the bathroom door, and receptionist pissed off and came with a little high tone at us because he told us that he is so busy and he said he will help us one more time and no more help if something happen again with the door..what he do is then he gave me a tool for me to do it my self to trick to pick locked bathroom door in my room that i have paid for my very beautifull honeymoon day in Paris...what a service!! and we had a strong argued..then i recorded the situation by phone just in case everything is getting worst (he said, there are cctv..u dont need to record it) but at the end they feel sorry..came to us and offered us free breakfast and move to another comfy and bigger room but we decided to say NO Thank you...because we dont want somebody else have a same matters..we forgive what he did to us..but it doesnt mean i wouldnt write my experience.

surrounding by restaurans,close to tram and metro.

only one bad experience of rat entering my room from the hole of the heater tubes .. the hotel should make sure that all the room area is sealed and no chance for such things to happen

Room clean ... Facilities in good state .. staff friendly .. location excellent near to 2 lines of Metro Line 8 and 12 ... near to supermarket and restaurants

Room way smaller than what they look on the pictures.

The staff is definitely the high note about this hotel! The rooms are way smaller than what they look like on the pictures and that was our only disappointment. Otherwise, the location is good with easy access to public transport.

The location of this hotel is not near the city centre. And the nearest supermarket is 10 mins walk away. The room is clean but very small, especially the washbasin. Also the sound insulation is poor. I can clearly hear the sound of the nearby room in the morning.

The service is very good. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Pleasant staff, great quality and price, location was pretty good, our opinion is that it can be possibility to flight to Paris again, we will choose this hotel :)

No lift, but it is quite normal I thought

Highly recommend. Super friendly staff and manager, we will come back again if visiting Paris. Plus, it's within an hour to reach Orly airport!

I was in a business trip with my collegues and this hotel was really near the expo we were going. The receptionist are really nice and the breakfast is good. My room was big and beds were good. Ill certainly be back.

The bathroom amenities provided were used/not sealed properly and soap bars were in pieces

Relatively close to most attractions as compared to other places we saw and the prices. Clean bedroom and a cute balcony.

No access to international TV

Great "small" budget hotel, perfect if you're going to the Expo. Everything is small, especially the bathroom but knew to expect that after reading other reviews. Very close to 2 metro lines and the tram. Friendly English speaking staff, clean room with very comfy bed. The lift is tiny so I stuck to using the stairs despite being on the 4th floor. Great area with lots of cafes, bars, bakeries etc. Didn't have breakfast as was attending a business breakfast. Good wifi.

Staff was very rude. Took 1 hr for us to checkin. Because of hotel's mistake they gave our room to someone else. People at reception are not at all warming. They are just talking over phone always. No matter some customer is standing in front of them. Not value for money. No customer satisfaction. Zero Rating. They don't even have manners to talk to customers. Too much attitude in reception person. They show attitude on their mistakes as well. Not recommended at all. We checked out at 12pm from hotel and asked them if we could have some food in their dinning hall. They didn't even allow us to have food. Moreover rooms were very small. Even double room was very small.

Rooms are good enough for just to sleep but small if you need space for work or relax.

Location perfect if you are attending to faris at Porte de Versailles.

The lift was very small. And it was a trek to some places out side of Paris. But really no big complaints. Didn't try the food so can't comment. Safe was broken in our room though.

Just a very clean facility. Great value for money. Easy access to the metro lines which can get you anywhere in Paris. Check out is 12 which is so handy and they'll mind your suitcases after you've checked out. Very friendly also. Catered to all the little things like umbrellas to take with you in Paris which is very important.

Very small elevator, located far from tourist points and metro station. Breakfast should have been included for this level of room tariff. Also, tea/coffee maker should be provided in the room.

Courteous and supportive staff.

No elevator to the rooms we had on the 3rd floor with heavy luggage, so this wasn't very practical. Smell in the room quite stuffy but the room seemed clean nonetheless.

The bed was a little bit hard for me but it depends on what you like. The bathroom is quite small but it is difficult to find bigger for the same price in Paris I think.

Wonderful staff! All of the 4 staff members I have seen were friendly and helpful. Very clean and well equiped room regarding French standards.

everything was fine

it was clean, staff are very nice, the area is very fine in safe.. you have to metro stations one on the right and one on left. takes 10/15 minuttes to Concord "city center" the room was fine, but the room was beside the street, which made a lot of sounds. you have supermarket just 5 minutes walk.

Always Wired smell in the room(especailly during air conditioner works), And I don't know why this hotel is three star-ranked hotel. Little bit far from the centre.

Service is good And right side of the hotel, there is one bakery. It was really nice :>

I really can't think of anything negative during my stay....

Excellent, value for money in Paris. Not to the center of all things happening, but very close to the metro station. Many mini markets close to it as well as places to eat. Very nice and helpfull staff, 24 hours a day. Clean and decent rooms. Wifi very good. Good for lone travellers but also for families.

The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly after the first night. There were mosquitoes in the room. You get locked outside the hotel if the night-shift receptionist was not on the desk. The location is not hip. Nothing to do walking distance. It is the last stop on the metro so any ride to central Paris is more than half an hour away. Not recommended for first time visitors to Paris who want to experience any nightlife, or touristic attractions.

The metro is 5 minutes away, and the tram too. There is a supermarket that is around 7 minutes away. Wake up call was great. The staff was split between really rude and really good.

The winter bed linen for august is not the proper one for this time of the year even if the room has AC

We stayed from 16th to 21st.The staff on front desk was helpful, nice and very friendly. I highly reccomend this hotel.

The rooms too small.... The location is >1 hour from Center (walking) - 18 min bus.

Its paris, why pay more for 6 hours of sleeping... if room is clean this is enough to me, and yes, it was clean rooms.

I havent had breakfast here but It was over 6 euro so I think it is little bit more expensive than going to patissierie n right next to the hotel.

safe area ; Nothing happened while walking around over 12 am. Receptionists were all nice. Bed comfy and bathroom clean and shower water pressure good.

Nice, helpful and professional personnel, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, calm neighborhood not far from city center. We've enjoyed our stay - Thank you!

No windows. Toilet room seem weird (separated from bathroom).

The skylight windows from our bed although we don't have windows. Bed was really good, gave us a good night sleep.

Room and bathroom were small. Ac was not particularly effective..

Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were quiet. Good choice of boulangerie and restaurant close by.

I don't have anything to dislike.

It was comfy stay, staff members were nice and speak English. Metro station named "Balard" was just 5 minutes away. There was no kettle or microwave in the room but we asked at reception at they were really helpful to let us heat up the food and I am sure they will be able to provide kettle too. Lady at reception help us to guide us with public transport. overall it was good.

the reception was very good and cozy. the hotel is well placed with a lot of restaurents and shops around staying open at late hours which is rare ! major metro line is 5 minutes away on foot, for 1.6 euros, you are in Paris center

no milk alternatives with breakfast but supermarket down the road.

Friendly staff always available and willing to assist.Excellent rooms , clean ad modern. Breakfast buffet a bonus.Great proximity to restaurants and public transport.

The location and the rush to catch the last train back in the evening

Staffs were brilliant with their services. Quiet atmosphere and comfortable room.

Bed, and it was little bit noisy. No elevator, but it wasn't problem for me (had only hand baggage).

The room was very nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The metro and bus is near.

Nothing much actually. Everything was okay. I didn't have any problem.

The room was better than I expected for a single room. Wide enough for a person.

Small amount of noise due to ground floor location. However, alternative room was offered but declined due to being very happy overall with room.

Bathroom & bedroom a good size. Very attentive staff. Great location to explore the city

Everything was very great. All that I have expected. Clean, cozy, nice place with great staff, and great location, close to metro station, shops, cafe, restaurants, which are at that area less expensive (my experience). Guys you doing great job. Thank you!

Very poor WIFI network ,and noisy room, lift is very narrow, not easy to carry luaggue. And most terrible thing is the hotel charge me two times , still not refund me till now .

It's close to the metro it has many good options around. There's a velib (bike station) within walking distance. The facilities were great and the staff is really helpful because they speak many languages. It has AC and a mini mini fridge in the room.

- very clean - staff were very kind and helpful - room is comfortable - The place is very good. It is near two metro station in different lines also there is tramway station in front of hotel. Also there are some bus stops near hotel which goes to champs- elysse and louver directly. -special thanks to salim who helped us in different situtions.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The safe didn't work but that's only a minor niggle as we took all our valuables with us each day anyway.

Great location- only a short journey to Roland Garros! Easy to find from the Metro.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I was on a business trip and in my room there was no desk to put computer on and work. So I had to go in the lobby and work in a lobby which is not ideal as there are lots of noises, television ect.

Staff is lovely and very helpful, hotel very nice and updated. Nice quiet room at the back, very clean. A nice area with lots of restos and very well located, accessible to public transportation.

Cosy atmosphere and very friendly personnel. Attention to details and nicely decorated. Close to RER (Versailles) and nice trip with tram to "Chinatown" (20 min). Outside rushy Paris city easily reached with the metro.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

I got a great deal of 60% off and paid 80 euro per night. This means the actual cost is about 125 euro. The place is by no means worthy of this cost. Room is very small and instead of a double bed, they gave us two single bed. I think if you are paying for 70-80 euro per night without any discount, then its ok. Otherwise, find some other place.

Cleanness and location

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Rooms are small, but on the picture looks bigger. It says double but just good enough for a single. You have to pay for car parking and hotel has only 2 spaces, public car parks are very expencive. 44 Euros/24h

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Room size/storage space a little bit constrained.

Great location to attend a trade show in Paris (walking distance). Very friendly and attentative staff. Good choice of restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Breakfast was not included but the receptionist told me where it is served as if I had it included in the rate. My mistake, I didn't check but assumed I had it included when they said like that. Ended up paying 14 eur for breakfast that is not worth it at all that much.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

It is a subjective opinion, but the bed was too soft for me.

Staff is really friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well equipped. The whole place has a pleasant atmosphere and new modern outlook. Convenient location, metro stations only 5 minutes, the river Seine 10 minutes by walk. Close to the Paris Expo and the Palais des Sports.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Although the location was a tad far from the tourist area, the Metro was only meters from the hotel.

The staff are awesome, the morning coffees were excellent and the sitting area was nice.

The stairs were a nightmare as there's no lift and we were on the top floor. my poor husband had to lug up and down two very heavy suitcases with no help from the hotel, but once we were up there it was beautiful and comfy

The room was very clean modern and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The was not parking in site you'll have to pay extra money if travelled with car

The room was very clean throughout and the bed was really big and comfy

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

We liked the location of the hotel in a safe quiet district where we could walk even at night. The staff were really friendly, helpful with all sorts of things. We enjoyed very much staying in the room on the top floor with nice windows in the roof, which was very romantic))

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Maybe a better offering for breakfast. But overall nothing was missing.

The cleanliness of the hotel. The location was also very convenient - quiet close to a metro station & around lots of restaurants & cafes. Overall great quality to price ratio. The rooms were fairly small (as all other hotels in Paris), but were well equipped and renovated. Would definitely recommend this hotel for tourists that are just looking for a practical & affordable way to visit Paris.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

never met a hotel room w/o a table before, cupboard impossible to use (stuffed with extra pillows), cannot pack out from suitcase, no kettle to make a tea

linen changed daily, clean bathroom, convenient location

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Rooms are a little small but absolutely fine overall, it is close to the centre so don't expect a lot of space for such a reasonable price!

INCREDIBLE STAFF!!! Did everything and anything, went above and beyond with all. Nice little hotel, 15mins by tube from the centre and all major sites. Very very pleased

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Super friendly and helpful personnel, which is especially great when your travelling solo. A few clitches with the lighting and a new security measure for the power points that the staff on my arrival weren't aware off which caused a bit of a problem on my first night but was rectified the very next day.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

The stairway could have had better lighting. It was a spiral staircase, so the darkness made it tricky.

The room was amazingly quiet. We got in late, so didn't see anyone else besides the person that greeted us at reception. We were wondering if we were the only ones in the hotel because it was so quiet. Very nice for sleeping.

Stayed in May 2016

Small attic room accommodation

Nearby restaurants

The hairdryers aren't the best for long hair.

Good location easily accessible to public transport, clean rooms, umbrellas for rainy days.

Friendly welcome, clean and great location to get to central paris

The Bed sheet and Blanket were not tidy.

Helpful staff, nice location, reasonable price.

Staff was very very helpful, nice,polite, always smiling

Stuff not friendly when was asked to borrow phone.

Rooms are very small

No lift and a little bit far from major attractions in the city except the Expo.

Stylish hotel with trendy rooms and lobby. Wifi is good.

...all the TV channels were in French mainly and a couple of other languages, and only one English Channel.

Browse Porte de Versailles Hotel traveller photo gallery