Reviews of Premiere Classe Geneve - Saint Genis Pouilly

#5 of 5 hotels in Saint-Genis-Pouilly

5.7

5.6

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

It was a bit far out of town but that is why the price is good. you need to hire a car to work regularly from this accommodation. Pick up one from the airport and it is a simple 20minute drive to Palexpo or to the airport, even in rush hour. The bus will take you an hour with many changes - bus to tram to bus AND then a 2K walk from the nearest bus stop. The way is flat but a long way when carrying luggage.

economy hotel with clean, functional accommodation. I booked and stayed in a triple bedroom on my own so the space was fine but sharing with three grown men is not possible (OK for family with one child in the bunk bed above). Reception and all staff were very helpful, courteous and pleasant. The price was good for a busy time of year and frankly acceptable. The breakfast was adequate only as a snack.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

For the price it is shocking... it is not clean, bathroom tiny and smelly, questionable if my bed was even clean.... don't expect a lie in it is noisy from 6am!! I would stay away if you have the extra €20 for somewhere else!! I was quoted between 50-80 euros for a taxi!!! for 10km.....

to be fair the receptionist who was overworked and had to do everything herself was quite helpful!

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

There were some hairs on the blanket of the bed, but nothing worrying.

Small but comfortable room, big parking area in front of the hotel, quiet in the night. The staff was helpful and the restaurant of the neighboring Kyriad hotel was great. Good food, friendly waiters and excellent food at low prices.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

I have never had such awful WiFi in any other hotel... It was super slow, all times problem with login & disconnected by itself.

Bed was comfortable.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

1/ Tried calling hotel to update arrival time and was told "Francais, Francais !! " so obviously she didn't speak (or attempt to speak) any English as that was all she said before we ended our call. Odd for me as this hotel is a few minutes drive from Geneva's huge International Palexpo convention & exhibition complex & Geneva airport. 2/ This is much more important. Didn't get the room I booked & paid for !! We booked a "Triple room (1 Double bed + 1 single bed)" Instead we got a small double bed room only. We checked in after 17h so nobody there. Given Room #2 electronically. Was unacceptable as my work colleague had to sleep next to me on a small double bed. It was embarrassing after I had booked & paid for a separate bed. We both didn't sleep well and had a busy day planned. If I had known that I would NOT have booked the hotel.

- Parking is good - The hotel's check-in hours are quite limited (17h-21h only) BUT the check-in access to room for outside those hours is excellent. Simply a machine that you enter your booking.com number & PIN details. At this point you need your credit card as you are charged the 'hotel tax' (just 0.44c) before your allowed in the door & given your room number. I just wish I had known about it rather than asking a work colleague to call the hotel (in French) earlier.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

I didn't expect much; actually I expected only that it was clean: unfortunately that wasn't the case: - Dirty floor, shower curtain, bathroom floor, bed headboard, heater (which is right next to the sink), window curtain, very filthy TV remote ... just cleaned everything as good as possible the first night - sink in the bedroom and with no plug, so that you always had to watch that nothing drops into the drain; had to put my toiletries on the desk next to it; no hanger for the towel; - room was so small you had to tilt the bed in order to open the door properly - Uncomfortable mattresses, but ok - Very cold at night - Filthy hotel corridors - No escalator (for those who might need it) - No tea or coffee making facilities in the room as written in the description Conclusion: As I said at the beginning I didn't expect much for the price, but as it wasn't clean I won't stay there again

- Good Wifi - Free parking - Good location: close to Geneva; but you should have a car - TV (mainly French channels) - vending machines for drinks - Towel and bedlinens were clean - Soap & Showergel (although my showergel was empty and not refilled) It was easy to find; checkin was ok (although the checkin machine didn't work and I had to ring for someone)

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The wifi was pretty poor sometimes, a stronger or faster wifi connection would be way better.

The rooms met my expectation. Compared to the prize, it is way better than I would have guessed or expected.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

It is a bit austere to say the least!

This is at the basic end of the scale for sure, so you have to have realistic expectations, but it was clean, the staff where friendly and helpful and the breakfast, again basic but for what you pay certainly adequate and enough to get you going. I could probably sum it up saying it feels a bit like a youth hostel!

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Very bad experience. Upon arrival I was told that my booking was cancelled a couple of hours ago, had to quarrel to get the rooms. Self check-in automat does not work, going to another hotel is necessary to pick up keys. From two rooms one was terribly cold and heating worked incredibly loud. Remains from mices on the floor and mice holes in the walls. Plastic cabin bathroom was a joke. Npbody speaks English/German...

Price and how near to Geneva it was placed.

Bathroom too small. No warm water in the morning (you had to wait more than 10 minutes). No plates for breakfast. No water for breakfast.

All was clean.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

We stayed outside in cold weather during waiting for friends to come to pick up us because hotel doesn't allow us to wait inside. It's a little bit inconvenient.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Place is so difficult to access. The staff i met was not friendly. The reception is self service at some times in the day. Bus access to the place is so difficult you have to take taxis at ridiculous prices. I was simply disappointed and dissatisfied i had to go to another hotel close to it and paid an unreasonable amount of money And still got charged by St. Gene's. I ended up spending much more than i would have if i had stayed in Geneva which is where i was actually going. 😡

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Terrible people and sad looking place.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Bad points: the bed, the plastic bathroom, the mattress, the smell, the noise, the dirty blankets, the barking dogs, the lack of soap, safety levels, the prostitutes.

Good point: the receptionist was friendly, and seemed apologetic about the hell hole she was representing. Although she did laugh out loud when I asked her if there was a shop nearby.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Location is outright bad unless you are on a car. Taxi was too expensive, had to walk to the bus station. The reviews about the place being noisy at night are true. AC heating mode didn't work.

Facilities are alright. Good value for money.

Very small bathroom with shower flooding the floor, cumbersome check in at the counter - it didn't accept my MasterCard which I use all over Europe. The reception never answer the phone even during working hours (tried several times on Saturday).

confortable beds, large free parking, cheap basic breakfast

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Rooms included what was needed and everything was clean, but they were very small. It was more or less impossible to have 2 pieces of luggage open at the same time, unless we used the bed for it.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Sometimes the keys do not work properly. You have to try 10-20 times until the dore of the hotel or room finally opens. That might cause some stress, specially when you come home after the counter has closed... We did not give up - and made it :-)

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Very noisy party of young adults in several rooms around us. No onsite staff to enforce stopping the excess noise- basically anarchy till the morning.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The reception was very poor. Was charged for 7days i had not spent the night. The old lady at the reception lacks PR skills Lots of smocking The rooms on booking.com do not tell the whole story

I liked the fact that it was next to a hotel where i was treated well for dinner

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The hotel is half an hour by walk from the nearest bus stop and you have to practically walk on the side of the highway. Not safe. I did not get the room I had booked and instead got a noisy, dirty backup room, with no shower. I forgot my phone in the hotel and the staff were completely unhelpful and refused to mail it to me even after I offered to pay the postage in advance. Overall one of the worst hotel stays in my life.

Cheap. The breakfast lady was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Not much. The room smelled, our pillows had terrible odor. The bathroom was a plastic structure. This was one of the worst Hotels I have stayed in. It was bad. Will never stay there again. So much for booking late.

It offered free parki g

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Extremely small rooms and even smaller toilet/bathroom. Only one towel provided. No shampoo. Confusing check in. For almost 90 Euros/night I would expect more. Would not stay ever again there. Better sleep in your car.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Do not recommend staying here. Avoid if you can!!! Horrible price/quality combination. Reasons: 1) Tiny room - the suitcase didn't even fit into the room 2) The room stunk of cigarette smell despite it being non-smoking room. Could not sleep because of it. 3) Almost nonexistent sound isolation. We had window facing the entrance, there was a loud group of men (other guests) loudly drinking and smoking on the front porch until 2am - no sleep guaranteed. We had an early flight and were desperate for sleep, which we did not get. 4) There was no manned counter from 9pm - we could barely check in when the guy was already changing into casual clothes ready to leave! It was not even 9 at the time. Also because of this the loud guests were continuing to be loud, and there was noone for me to ask to stop them. Extreme inconvenience!!!! 5) The bathroom in the room is even tinier than the room - looked like a built-in portable bathroom made of plastic. Shower without basin (e.g. water floods the bathroom floor). 6) Breakfast starts late for a hotel clearly intended for people taking flights from GVA - and is not free. We paid 75Euro, which is by all means overpaying for this. Later we saw prices 20Euros cheaper for that same night! I would not pay more than 30Euro per night for a hotel like this.

location close to the airport (by car only! no public transportation)

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Check-In until 21.00 on Sundays but no one at the reception at exactly 21.00. Very small room with camping-like bathroom cell Gap under door let's light and noise from the corridor into the room

Cleanliness acceptable but not great CERN is well reachable via car (not by public transport though)

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

There are a lot of negative ponits: - The room smelled like a smoking room, while it was a non-smoking room. We changed room and the new room was als very smelly. - The room and bathroom are not well cleaned (hair and dirt). - There is no elevator in the hotel. - The rooms are extremely small with to narrow space to walk. - The bathroom is very small, toilet is almost under the sink, no room to put your stuff.

The comfort of the bed is okay, but it is small. The wifi signal was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The room for 3 is very tight, the bathroom is tiny, and has no shower door, only a curtain, so when you get a shower all the floor in the bathroom is flooded. No elevator.

Clean hotel, nice and quite. Close to Geneve - about 25 minutes by a car. Close to the airport - 15 minutes by a car. A huge supermarket (Intermarche) is in 5 minutes walk, also gas station, Intersport, maybe some more shops.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

found it odd that reception was closed during the night, especially with the entrance being open to anybody.

very basic but good value for money. felt more like student accommodation but for £33 and 10min from the airport, what more could you expect.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The corridor leaked (from the Air Condition). The person we spoke with on the phone to confirm our late arrival was EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNHELPFUL!!! He claimed he could speak English but we couldn't understand a word he said.

Location was good. Cleaning ladies were friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

the desk was not manned at night, and the shower was more like a portaloo/porta-shower that leaked out of the door. No lift to upper floors

We managed to book it at the last minute when our friend couldn't take us in and it was cheapish for a last minute booking.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Very small room, max for 2 person in triple room. Really not enough space for baggage.

Not far from CERN, easy reach with bike, car. Quiet, clean room. Private bathroom. Little workplace, internet.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

The room was extremely small, so much so that when we opened the door it hit the bed. We had to push the bed with the door to get in! During our stay the electricity switched off for a period of multiple hours. Nobody came to our room to tell us what was going on, but then again it was past 10pm. The hotel is quite far away, it will take you at least 30 minutes to walk from the nearest bus stop to it. In the summer it's not worth it. The receptionist wasn't very pleasant. Me and my partner stood in front of her for at least 2 minutes before she acknowledged us, instead she continued doing something on the computer and occasionally getting annoyed at it. But by far the worst thing is that the reception is not open at night. We had a late-night flight and asked for a phone number for a taxi, the receptionist offered to book one for us, yet it never showed. It was only at the mercy of a nearby hotel's night manager that we managed to get to the airport at all!

The price of the hotel was low, that's about the only thing I liked.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

the parking lot is not under protection (someone broke in one guest's car over night), the whole place looks like it's being used a lot and not taken care of as much. the room was really small. we had three beds, although we only used the large double one (we are a couple) - we could not imagine how three people would coexist in such a small space - even if they did not bring any luggage... the AC did work, but made such a terrible smell, we turned it off and had a window opened the whole night instead. obviously they do not do more than standard cleaning.

location is convenient (close to CERN), no extra noise at night, large market store and gas station nearby. staff was friendly, bed matress was nicely firm. breakfast is really great value!

Uncomfortable bed Very small room and shower area No bar

Wi-fi was ok

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

The key cards. Mine just would not work to enter the hotel. My friends had to go to another hotel to get other cards and they usually did not work.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Very very basic and shower and toilet facility akin to a caravan.

Convenient for Geneva airport. Budget friendly.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

camera fredda, doccia sporca, reception incommentabile

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Not as good as expected for price

The receptionist was a French lady who was very very rude. Children were scared of her as she was talking loud and with anger.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Maybe too small room for three persons

A perfect stay for visit of Geneve - especially because of performance/price value

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Too long from my work. No public transport near hotel

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

No hot water for the morning shower, only cool

A good price for a hotel in Geneva

Smell of tobacco, uncomfortable mattresses.

Cheap

Situation proche de Geneve

OK for the price.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

It is quite far from the Airport and you can only get a taxi to go there, a Taxi that will cost about 40 pounds...It is not worthy at all...

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The bathroom was really small

cupboard was very small

Lit confortable.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Ridiculously small room,beds, bathroom...tatty dated decor. Horrid

There is quite literally nothing to like about this hotel

Room was very small.

Basic but it all worked.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Room is very very small, shower as well.

Cheap and close to the Swiss border.

The cards for opening the room doors ceased to work , and it was impossible to get into the rooms.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

No hairdryer no tea and coffee facilities room was really small size of bed on suite was plastic pod

Location to geneve breakfast air con

Poor cleanness

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

The room was very small, the bathroom old and part of it quite rusty

It was very cheap, breakfast was ok

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Did not like anything at all

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing would never go to that place again

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

It was a headache to stay there.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

There was no iron in a room. And only one chair for 3 people.

Breakfast room is spacious, good quality towels provided, shower soap smell nice too.

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

after 21:00 no more reception, if you have any problem, no one can help you. Telephon number for help out of order.

pulizia

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Not alot

Nice clean place wonderfully staff members

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

The room was very small, but you got what you paid for.

Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Very small and OK just for a night.

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Very small room and very secluded place!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Kinda small. No kettle

Free parking, location close to airport. Bed comfortable enough for a good night sleep in a quiet area

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

Tiny room. Awful bathroom( modular thing)

English speaking staff. Decent tv.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

We are coming more or less often to this hotel but the hotel beds could be a little bit better

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Dont have Croissants for the breakfast.

The place is clean, good food and the people are nice

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Breakfast lost its former quality.

Price, Parking

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

no public transport to Geneva (20 min walking to Y bus stop )

price; cheap & tasty breakfast; shops near the hotel; free wi-fi

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

A mat on the floor from the bathroom.

My wife and I found Clovis to be a very, very, very hard working person and diligent. A very nice guy.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with 1 Double Bed

The wifi did not work, and the TV was spotty at best.

The room was very spacious and comfortable.