Reviews of Première Classe Lyon Centre Gare Part Dieu

75 Boulevard Marius Vivier Merle, 3rd arr., 69003 Lyon, France

#97 of 113 hotels in Lyon

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Good value hotel.

Good value hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful, we called them up in the morning to change our booking from a twin room to a triple and it was no problem and no additional cost. Great location close to the main train station.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

You get what you pay for

They're currently renovating and our room is not the new version, so that may change soon, but we had few issues. The A/C was old, and even after we set it on literally 10 degrees Celsius, barely made a dent in the heat of the summer sun that was blasting our east facing large window. The other thing was the shower, which felt like showering in the space station: the entire bathroom is a plastic prefab, the shower is so tiny that you can't move around without changing the water temperature by mistake or ending up with the shower curtain lovingly hugging your wet body. But again, it's being changed, and I wasn't expecting much for the price. It was warm, we didn't exactly sleep well and the shower was a bit of a challenge, but we knew what we were getting.

The price obviously is the main thing at this hotel. The reception is also very efficient and is there 24/7, which is very convenient. The location is also very handy, as it's a few minutes walk from the train station of Lyon Part-Dieu, which has a direct tram to the airport.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Never again!!!

Everything is very dissapointing, a disaster...The facilities are bad, the rooms are small, the bathroom is small and dirty...I would never stay here again

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Never again

It is a very bad furnished hotel...It is a disappointment...Rooms very small, bathroom also very small and dirty...The hotel doesnt care about its facilities....All in all, I would never stay there again

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Nice hotel regarding the price.

The bathroom is way too small and crowded. But it seems that they are doing a renovation of their rooms, hope they could have the bathrooms bigger after renovation.

It's a cruise style hotel which is quite special for us. Very cheap, and the location is quite nice. They also offer a quite nice parking place. The breakfast is cheap and also quite nice regarding the price.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Cost-effective option for a short stay but don't expect too much.

There was no warm water during one day. The hotel proposed to move to another room, but again the same problem occured. The bathroom is a kind of small, plastic container.

Price. Good localization near the railway station.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Very nice stay!

The location is a little far from the city center and the nearest metro stop was a 10 minute walk.

Very lovely room to stay in! And the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

We liked the hotel at all.

The bathroom was really small, but all the rooms are under reconstruction so it will be changed soon. I would welcome better breakfast, not just sweets.

We liked the hotel at all. The rooms are not very big, but still good sized enough. The location of the Hotel was good, near to train station and bus stops. The room was clean and pillows really comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Perfect for us.

Stayed here for the Europa League Final. Excellent location only 5 minutes walk to the station. Centre of Lyon is about 25 minutes walk. A basic hotel but was perfect for our needs.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Disappointing experience

Toilet smelled bad; shower far too small (and I'm only 1.60m tall and thin!); no shampoo; the hair dryer is available for free only if you bring it back to the reception in one hour. The heating was off even if it was chilly. No plugs near the bed. Insufficient lighting. And as all this wasn't not enough...I found a cockroach in my room!!

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

I would recommend for short stay. Very good location

a bit too expensive extremely small bathroom however hotel is under reconstruction so this will change soon

comfy bed very good location friendly staff

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

good hotel for your money

the AC was off due changing in heating system and that was uncomfortable

good value of money freindly staff and very help ful. I asked from 2 rooms for my family and that what I get with a door between them I like it. tjank yoy

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

My only reason for marking down a bit is that the air con...

see above

My only reason for marking down a bit is that the air con wasn't working and the room was far too warm for comfort. I understand that this was due to some fault but it was disappointing as no refund was offerred and otherwise this hotel is excellent and we always use it when in Lyon as it meets all our needs

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

the position closed to the train station

The internet was not working at all. I asked for a quiet rom and I got a room where the noisy made by each train which passed by was heard in the room.The reception girl, unfriendly. The room basic, small, old furniture. The douche room is very small.

the position closed to the train station

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

low value for money

Bathroom, there was a bathroom? I didn't have the courage to make a shower since it looked dirty! I even don't know if I had the space to make the shower! I took flights with bigger bathroom!There was ony one towel, the soap was only in the shower, no shower mat.. In all the structure there was a terrible smell. I took a superior room and it was really small, I cannot imagine the others..

Kindly staff and confortable private parking

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

good standard hotel

the bathroom is far from nice, but acceptable. continental breakfast would be lovely

it has a cheap breakfast, the room is quite standard and expected quality, the staff is nice expectations were met

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

The hotel met my expectations.

The city Lyon it was under construction :)) and the hotel was in the middle of this mess unfortunately.

The hotel met my expectations. I needed a hotel which should be clean,cheaper and close to the station. So everything was fine for me

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

A good place to be based for visiting the centre of Lyon, or the surrounding countryside,

Nothing, if you are expecting no frills as a budget holiday maker or regular business traveller.

A modern, clean no nonsense hotel for the budget / business travel.Friendly and professional staff you would expect from a large chain of hotels.Convienently located near the main Lyon Part Dieu railway station for onward trips to Paris or the South of France.Good bus and tram connections to the centte of town and the old city, or a 35 minute walk if you prefer the exercise. Hotel has its own parking for cars

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Money were taken from my card before the check-in, then at...

Money were taken from my card before the check-in, then at the check-in the receptionist took my money in cash saying the money will return on my card the next day. It has been a week and I still did not receive my money back. Don't fall into that trick...

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Good room with TV and comfortable bed.

Breakfast was cheap but not very versatile, would have been nice to have more options. Even no fruits.

Good room with TV and comfortable bed. Location is very good, close to the train station and close to downtown by bus that stops close to to the hotel. Enough restaurants close by even very good ones but in those ones you have to book a table there in advance.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Somewhere to stay en route...

Breakfast was limited. Bread, coffee, jam.... no meats. Pretty poor.

Food is offered at the Campanile Hotel about 15 min walk away at 15% and the food was good. What did I like at the Première Classe Lyon Centre Gare Part Dieu?? Not much. The WiFi was non-existent at less than 1mbps - I couldn't even access my emails!! 0.19 mbps is not 'internet'!!! The 'Triple' room was little more than a student dorm/prison cell. Tip for Première Classe Lyon Centre Gare Part Dieu - make it a 'small double'

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

The location was good, especially if you travel in by train.

The triple room was extra small, no hairdryer in the room, the shower was claustrofobic and very difficult to use.

The location was good, especially if you travel in by train.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Good value for short stay.

The rooms were much tighter than the pictures suggest. Not many staff around. But it's cheap & clean, definitely worth consideration for a short stay.

Location was about 5-10 mins walk from the main train station. However the area is currently under road works so the walk is a little inconvenient. Rooms are clean & staff helpful.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Close to the train station

Very noisy as you can hear the trains every hour. The bathroom is very small.

The location is great! A short walk from the main train station. Great for short time stayers.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Very basic hotel with a "plane/train" style bathroom with no much space t around

We wanted to stay few hours more (extend stay) and pay for that but they didnt accept and we needed to leave the hotel by 12 My boyfriend was very ill and we had a wedding to go at 6:00 pm and we stayed on the streets til then! :-(

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

the Superior rooms are nicely decorated

not very well sound-proofed the bathroom is small, but that is just the chain´s standard

the Superior rooms are nicely decorated some coffee/tea facilities easy check-in and check-out well positioned for the trainstation and the airport shuttle

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

It was a perfect hotel for what we wanted and the receptionist was lovely.

Nothing. We were looking for a good value hotel where we could just put our heads down. We didn't want any frills. It was perfect.

The receptionist was brilliant. Very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

The location is easy to find ,the bed is confortable,

The internet is not stable ,and the bathroom is a little small even it is no problem for basic use.

The location is easy to find ,the bed is confortable, The worker is helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

only suitable for one night stay not more.

The room was too small. And the price too high for only the room without breakfast.

Good.location. but only the rooms on higher floors. The rooms down, were bad, tooooo noisy.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Overall a very good hotel that I would definitely stay at again!

Despite the great location, there weren't any bus/tram stops right by the hotel which would have been nice when you've been out walking all day and just want to find the easiest and fastest way home. I never tried the breakfast but I can't say I felt the need too, it looked quite boring. They didn't serve anything special or particular. It mainly consisted of white plain toast, some butter and jam and a hot drink basically.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The room was spacious and had a nice and fresh bathroom. The room seemed recently renovated. The walls and floors were clean and the interior design was neat. It felt very safe and although they closed the entrance at 10 pm there was always someone at the reception. The location was very convenient; about 10 min walk from a large shopping mall and the Main Central Station from where you could grab "the Rhône express" to the airport. The whole neighbourhood felt safe and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned everyday. There' isn't actually anything that I didn't like with the room or the hotel. I never found the wifi-password (was supposed to be written in the room), the only thing that was bad with the stay.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

The room was clean, bed was comfortable.

During 2 first days internet signal was weak. Apart from CNN all tv channels were all french.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Just OK

Wait for 30-40 mins to check in at 2AM. Just because we dont have 2 euros for the city tax. We have told the staff that some one broke our car and everything got stolen. And morning staff point us 2 police stations which one is not open until 12 and one is not for public service. Only 1 SMALL lift is working.

let us use the car park for free.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

More like a boat cabin than a hotel room

Close to the main road. We asked for adjoining rooms but were put 3 floors apart so one adult had to go with one of the kids. The bathroom, well, it wasn't. The washing area was smaller than the shower area on a boat. Due to the size we couldn't pull the curtain across which subsequently flooded the bathroom. Never seen anything as small or orange. I'm only 5' 2" and even I struggled to shower properly. The wifi was very temperamental. Rooms were quite small and hardly enough room to walk round or store baggage

Restaurants and train station within walking distance. The biggest shopping centre I had ever seen

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Stop over in lyon on our way to spain...

The bathroom was a little small and slippery. (Our son fell while taking a shower.) We did like the fact that there was a shower and toilet in the room.

The cleanliness and the comfortable bed. Secure parking, easy access into the center of lyon, and lastly the friendliness of the staff.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Good value

Bathroom was very small and the rooms were not sound proof so you could hear people outside of your room.

The place was clean and comfortable. Very good value for money if you are travelling on a budget.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

I appreciated the value for money for the hotel.

The shower sometimes didn't heat up but not all the time. It wasn't an awful problem however.

I appreciated the value for money for the hotel. Very pleased.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

a clean room for a good price close to the trainstation

tea/coffee facilities even in the basic room would be appreciated the A/C makes noise the shower cabin really is a cabin

a clean room for a good price close to the trainstation

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Convenient, clean and friendly

Because of the exchange rate it didn't feel very good value for money, but that's outside of their hands. The small shower had a curtain and they just don't work in small showers really.

I was there for one night and it was walkable from the station with a heavy backpack. The room was small but made efficient use of space. But if there were two of us it would have felt cramped. The staff were very good, everyone on reception spoke English which was a boon for me - my french is very bad. The room and other areas were clean.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Clean and Comfortable Budget Hotel

The room and bathroom were small but very clean, and adequate for our needs - somewhere to lay our heads down before flying out the next day. Easy to navigate to by car and out again towards airport the next day (avoiding the city centre) underground garage was a little extra but convenient and much cheaper and easier that trying to find (and pay for) parking in the city. Very near main railway station/metro/bus. The room was well soundproofed and air conditioned, though the AC struggled somewhat to make the room cool enough for us Northern Europeans. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Cool hotel in good location
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The hotel is close to the Part-Dieu train station (5-10 minutes walk), so it's really convenient to get from the airport by Rhônexpress. It's also in a walking distance to the river and the old-town, so the location is very good. The area around the hotel is diverse. On one side of the street it's sort of a business district, on the other are muslim, african and typical french district with beautiful buildings. The apartment had really cosy mattresses, which also a big plus:)

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Good value if you need a place to stay near Part Dieu station

Air conditioner was noisy - needs some maintenance.

Copious breakfast with fruit puree, yoghurt, baguette, toast, cake, Nutella, jam, honey, tea, coffee and juice. Self-service buffet so you can eat as much as you like. Also starts early, 6am, which is good if you have an early departure.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

The wifi connection was good.

For the money, it's pretty rough. I'd get something further away from the train station with more character, or something cheaper that would basically be the same quality

The wifi connection was good. Check out was 12p which was nice

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Very basic and not cheap

Price is too high for such a basic accommodation. No hairdryer, no bath utilities. Very small bathroom, floor is always wet due to no barrier to shower.

Proximity to Part-Dieu railway station. Soundproof windows. Clean.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

I was in Lyon for less than 24h, so it was a great to be...

Breakfast is not worth the 7€. Appart from the train station and the mall, there is not much around.

I was in Lyon for less than 24h, so it was a great to be able to walk to and from the train station.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Location only.

The room was poor. The door or should I say sliding screen to the toilet was almost off its railings, scraping the floor each time it was opened and closed. Near impossible to close. The shower fell into the entire bathroom area meaning the floor become soaked around the toilet and basin. A major slipping hazard. Only two towels so using one to dry up floor meant as a couple we shared one towel. We had cause to see reception as the air conditioner not only struggled but the air was choking. Without being an air conditioner fridge mechanic I would guess it had something to do with the gases that are used to cool. The taste in the air and choking feeling were mentioned to staff. They couldn't help. All other rooms taken. We were ready to pull the pin and find an alternative hotel. Sadly for us they were full up. We resolved to turning the air con off and opening the window to a wall of sound from the near train station. 35 degrees well into the night meant it was a hot, sweaty and not a good experience. We were well aware it was a two star hotel. But I don't believe that it was acceptable.?Thankfully all other accommodations throughout France have been extremely positive.

Location only.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

The room was very basic and the bathroom very small and not...

The room was very basic and the bathroom very small and not comfortable. Moreover it was very loud in the hotelroom. We felt not very welcome in the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

Avoid this hotel as it seems hostel to me

If someone can get better hotel from this in 90 to 100 euro, i would suggest him to avoid this hotel. Actually it should be called Hostel not hotel. Small rooms as compare to money paid, small bath rooms. Its price should be 40-45 euro with facilities providing by the hotel.

It is close to railway station- walking distance 5 to 8 minutes.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

This is a handy hotel for business travel .

Air conditioning was not cooling the room very much , but the weather was exceptionally hot .

Helpful staff at the reception desk . Good location not too far to walk from Lyon Part Dieu station

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Fair

too basic. Ok for 1 night stay

It's a very basic hotel, but the room was quite spacious. And it's not very far from the station, less than 10 minutes walk. At least wifi is ok

• Reviewed: June 2, 2017

I will come again very clean and good enough for a short stay

There is no restaurant in the hotel . Had to go out again to eat.

Staff was very helpful , understanding and welcoming . They didn't hesitate to change my room when i noticed a little issue and even upgraded me. Very good customer service

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

The staffs are very friendly and helpful.

Bathroom is small especially the shower portion is not convenient

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Hotel is located at a walk-able distance from Lyon central station. Breakfast is decent for the price

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Only for a short stay!

Room were extremely small and not practical for 3 persons with 3 suitcases, the bathroom/toilet are similar to the size of trailer.

The affordable parking and room rates, the staff and the location.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

NOT Worth your TIME n MONEY

Well the rooms are XXS and the toilet is a JOKE.Wud suggest the hotel management to shut down the hotel.The staff collected the entire fare if the stay on check-in when v told them that we would pay on check out.The rooms were still on the summer mode when it was warm outside.cud'nt sleep for two nights as it was hot and sweaty due to the non availability of A/c.Not worth your time and money.

There was nothing to like it was one of the worst hotels ever.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

if you are width car, the parking is perfect, under the...

the bathroom is small and also the cupboard. in the bathroom there is no shampoo

if you are width car, the parking is perfect, under the hotel. if you arrive to part Deu station the location is perfect, otherwise you have to take metro to reach the centre.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

The room is so tiny that it is not suitable for more than overnight stay. Bathroom is a plactic shell that looks like it is made for caravan home. Wi-Fi was almost unusable

Nothing. Liierally the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Hotel perfectly adequate for one-night stay.

Shower/loo cramped and basic. Buffet breakfast a bit meagre.

Very quiet hotel well insulated against traffic noise. Bed comfortable. Water hot.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Location close to the station.

Location close to the station. Not much happening in the area, but useful for late arrivals/early departures. Otherwise a basic but functional chain hotel. No surprises.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Location was great, vending machine was the highlight of the...

Not a great hotel. One pillow smaller than your head to sleep on. Rooms small, toilet looked like something out of a caravan. There was one towel for two people. Staff barely spoke English. Unhelpful as well. Sink was stained or burnt.

Location was great, vending machine was the highlight of the stay

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

room is bigger than I expected, price is very worth.

The place is a little far from the station than I expected, specifically with big luggage.

room is bigger than I expected, price is very worth. good place to stay@@@@

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

The room was clean and confortable.

The shower is really tiny and they do not offer showergel or any other similar products. The wifi is very annoying to connect to, it is much faster to use their computer directly.

The room was clean and confortable. The stuff is really nice and helpful. Good positioning wih respect to the Gare Part-Dieu. There is a computer with a printer for the hotel's guests, which is very useful.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2017

Just 3 blocks from Lyon Part Dieu train station.

Can't think of anything.

Room was large in European standards, staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Price was in line with similar hotels in Lyon.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

My friend and i booked a three person room but were left in...

The bathroom was very small and was not represented well in the picture.

My friend and i booked a three person room but were left in the room with just us two but The bed and pillow were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2017

Bathroom and toilet too small but the room is clean, the bed comfortable and staff friendly

Bathroom and toilet just too small. Shower not very convenient even for small people as it is difficult to turn around without hitting against the shower mixer!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

As a stopover for just one night in case of emergancy nearby the Lyon central station okay.

Bathroom (polyester cabin) at size of 2,25 m2 all in with a shower at surface of kingsize dinnerplate. Corpulent people will be in big trouble. Score value for money : 3/10 Staff is helpfull and kind enough.

Clean small room. Comfortable bed. Nearby the Lyon central station.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2017

Friendly staff, it's about 10 mins walk from the central...

The bathroom is too small and too simple. There was someone trying to get into our room at night which made us feel uncomfortable.

Friendly staff, it's about 10 mins walk from the central station. It's clean and comfortable. Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

I would not recommend..

Hardly one person can fit in the bathroom. There are no soaps in the lavatory. There are no sockets next to the bed to charge during lying on the bed and check messages. Actually only 2 sockets 1 next to bath and 1 in the working table. Room is really too small. Apart from the bed there is hardly any place to move. No hair dryer etc of course. Towels only 1 per person. During shower the wc also gets total wet. Park place is not good designed. You first need to park somewhere and enter the hotel to get a card. You go with that card to the car and go to the parking garage (not free of course 8 EUR) but the card opens a door down 15 meters below by a 1 car width narrow road. If you are unlucky the door is closed until you get down. The same parking is used by 3 different institutions. In case at the same time someone gets up it is more tricky since they use the same road (!) and signals are not working properly.

Price is low. Location is not too far from the city center but you will still need a bus. There is an elevator at least.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

Really good breakfast (in comparison with the other Premiere...

Really good breakfast (in comparison with the other Premiere Class where I have already stayed), good location close to the train station with bike station nearby.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2016

cozy stay close to the center

Its just around the corner of part dieu train station, where the rhonexpress arrives feom the airport. A bus takes you straight to the city center. The room was nice, the beds very comfortable. And it was really quiet!!!

• Reviewed: December 7, 2016

Comfy bed small shower

As it is an office area, you will need to walk 20 mins into Lyon for cafe / restaurants on weekend. The bathroom was very small.

The room was clean and the beds were comfy. It was close to the train station so easy to get to.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

Good quality / price ratio.

Only sweet breakfast available.

The hotel is conveniently situated at a walking distance from the train station. Got a special offer from booking.com so it was rather cheap.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2016

We had a pleasant stay, we recommend it!

We did not love the breakfast, for the price we expected better. We've had much better breakfasts in many other hotels

The location was great, near to the train station and not far form the city centre. The staff were nice and the room was really coomfortable.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2016

Location is ok.

Smell bad! The toilet smell like a platon pissed tyheir and after nobody made a cleaning. The room was after someone who smoked. And over all this smells was another one- smell of nuclear deodorant in order to kill previous smells

Location is ok. Personal in reception is friendly.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

Lowest possible standard for luxus price!

I booked it for 1 night on-line for 80 Euro. After arriving in Hotel I have seen offered the normal (actual) price of 63 per room. Shortly after checking in, I have got per e-mail an offer for 42 Euro for same room. - The list what I do not like is long: 1. Location - on side in very enpleasent area You can go to the train station but it is not better there. No good location for food. In hotel you get just snacks from automat. 2. No atmosphere for leisure or relax 3. The room was sprayed with the cheap parfume and it was impossible to brief free. 4. After opening the window there is much noise as the street at side is very busy with traffic 5. The room very small, you can not easily pass the bed. The bathroom is a plastic cabin with the shower area dedicated for very thin persons or children. 6. The walls very thin so you hear what your neighbours are actually doing or talking. much strange noise (sanitary tubes?) in the night 7. Payment in advance without seeing the room.

There is nothing I liked at this hotel. Terrible!

• Reviewed: October 28, 2016

very nice for the money, close to Part-Dieu gare

maybe a better shower curtain, i.e. longer and with an arcing rod so you have more room when in the shower

bed was comfortable, TV had 20+ channels, staff was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Perfect for affordable short stay

The hallway smelled moist. Business area so no places around for lunch and drinks, except the shopping mall.

Huge shopping mall 10min walk away from hotel. In front of shopping mall is one of the main train stations and subway.