Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel Marseille Vieux Port 4 stars

38-40 Quai Rive Neuve, 13007 Marseille, France

#16 of 104 hotels in Marseille

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is good but a long way from the station and walking round the marina takes quite a long time. The restaurant is mediocre and not up to scratch but ironically the breakfast was exceptional, though pricey at 25 euros.

Beds were a good size and illows exceptionally fluffy and comfortable .The complementary drinks were very stingy.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

As i forgot my phone charger i called back several times to finally get the answer that they had not find it my room. I remember it was plugged in the room

Good location. Hotel is new and has a little pool

• Standard Double or Twin Room

English yobs round the pool ruined everybody's enjoyment. Obviously not the hotel's fault but I did suggest they be more careful in future about accepting large single-gender groups.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

The bedside lighting was not good enough. It was a strain to read even with both the bedside lights on.

Very generous size bed and lovely soft pillows. Good size room. Excellent breakfast. Great pool.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The family suite room was spacious but half of the room was dark, with the lighter part of the room windows looking to a building site below.

The breakfast bar was lovely, with a good range of food and plenty of space for everyone and views onto port. Very convenient location for sightseeing, shopping and running.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Didn’t really accommodate a continental breakfast. Sat seperate from the buffet people.

Double pillows and super white fresh linens for the bed. One of the bed beds on the trip.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the Hotel looks tired, the carpets the rooms, just generally tired. i have stayed in a few and this wasn't a great one, the curtains in the morning when you wake up have small holes in them letting in sunlight, so they look moth eaten, the furniture is dark and old, the bathrooms need freshening up as does everything, it has a musty smell to it like when you were able to smoke in doors, our room was located by some steps that lead to a road above the hotel and under those stairs was a very noisey restuarant and they seem to move all the furniture around after they close and are very vocal when doing so with no consideration to hotel guests trying to get some sleep. i expexted the wow factor for for £165 per night, 189.00 Euro. Breakfast was not included in the room rate, expected something more updated from such a big chain charging a big price, but i suppose the location was the reason for the high price.

i liked the location, and the pool

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of choices in the restaurant for breakfast - only offered an expensive self serve breakfast buffet but we just wanted a coffee and a croissant.

Great location on the Vieux Port harbour. Great and comfortable facility. Front desk and concierge were very polite and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Key cards never worked. Never had basic tea/milk etc in the room. The mini bar had half drunk bottles in it. Pool area lacked staff, towels. Pool Bar only open weekends. Staff not very helpful. Looked nothing like the pictures.

Cesar the bar man in the main restaurant was brilliant, entertaining and friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was very unhelpful, and unfriendly. Unlike the staff of the Radisson Blu in Cannes. The AC in my room didn’t work and I had to keep calling for someone to fix it. It was not fixed. The concierge was very unhelpful.

The rooms

Can't think of anything

Excellent, very helpful staff. We had a quiet room towards the courtyard, not the pretty view but excellent for getting a good night's rest. The bar and outside café plus the swimming pool were excellent. The views from the pool are lovely and the position, on the middle of the port quays made for easy access to the old town, port area and great little artisan shops and restaurants behind the hotel. All in all a wonderful stay which we hope to repeat soon.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

Twice (out of four times) we were told that we were not on the list for breakfast and we had to sort that out each time. One (of two) elevators was down on two days, and we had a desk chair that was about to collapse (but which they replaced right away).

Breakfast was very good and we got a room with a nice view of the old harbor. The location is super.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to wait for our room to be ready, a tad jet lagged, but they gave it to us sooner than they said they would,

There was a beautiful patio guarded from the city's mistral winds. The hotel itself had a nice restaurant. We were only sad not to have time to visit the pool, and see the historic castle view.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Since we traveled with kids, we booked a junior suite to have enough room. At first we received a 2 room accommodation, with both looking at a wall - no view, no sunshine, just a wall across the alley at about 5m. Nothing in the room description when booking, lead us think we could end up with such a room. Next to the elevator!! That's not a room to have with small kids, especially since I asked for a quite room when booking. I asked for a change, so the receptionist moved us in another room. I offered to pay extra to get a family room, but I was told that the hotel was full, before even looking (this means:"walk away lady, I don't want to change your room"). On booking.com there was an available family room, but they said the platform is wrong. Anyway, we got another junior suite, with a better view looking at the fort, right next to kitchen evacuation pipe and above a working site. Excellent to know beforehand what's on the menu that day and for taking naps in the quite!!! The convertible bed in the room was extremely uncomfortable and leaning inwards, so the kids feared the couch would "swallow" them. Their feet were higher than their heads. No facilities for kids, the staff lacking friendliness and not forthcoming at all, as one would expect in a 4*. Not the first Radisson we stay in, but could be the last.

The hotel is located in the harbor, close to the main "classical" attractions Marseille has to offer. The Notre Dame de la Garde church was within walking distance, even with small kids, same for the MUCEM, old port, le Panier disctrict. The restaurant had a kids menu, printed for them.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1) The swimming pool was closed which had not been something we were told. 2) The bathtub was extremely high and very slippery.

Lovely staff and amazing location.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

On check in the receptionist pointed out the small breakfast bar in the lobby but when we went down at 7.10am for breakfast due to an early start it was a tiny snack breakfast that was cleared away by 7.30am and we realised that it was not the correct breakfast room, but by then we needed to get away so unfortunately we missed out on the full breakfast available.

The view of the old port from the room was fabulous. The concierge, Frank, provided a first class service and was both amiable and professional, he is an asset to the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We paid extra for better room with inclusive breakfast. Not necessary if you are OK with a standard room and can get breakfast from the many cafe near by.

Staff were very friendly and allowed us to extend checkout time by 1 hour. Location is excellent being very close to the old port. Very good bars and restaurants are near by.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

We always find very nice if the staff is friendly, even when there are many people, like it was on Easter, and what Mr Sudhil doesn’t understand is that friendly customer have to be pleasantly treated, he might be experienced, but he should learn some good manners

we liked the location, the room, the cleanliness, the staff was very friendly and competent (except Sudhil, the chef du service), breakfast was good, fresh and the selection satisfactory; good solution for the parking close by

• Vieux-Port Double Room

The towel is not clean. The room is cold. We booked two identical rooms, but there was a room without bathrobes and extra pillows.

friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A small point but important, no spare iPhone charging cables available....even if I wished to pay a deposit! Not enough comfortable relaxing space for residents. It is very much set up for professional people who have meetings etc. Maybe there is a lounge and I didn't find it.

The room was comfortable and light even though it was inward facing. The rooms facing the port must be more interesting. Breakfast was adequate to good. Hot things suffered a little. Breakfast /dinning room is comfortable. All the staff were friendly and polite. I recommend the Caravell Bar on the opposite side of the port for an apex and use the small passenger ferry in the port to cross to the other side. 50 centimes! Also that is where all the restaurants are.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They did not have a selection of pillows and that spoiled my stay. The two large extra soft pillows in the room where too soft and I had serious problems sleeping (very uncomfortable) . I called the reception and they told me that they did not have a pillow menu or other pillows. I also found the receptionist who worked in the morning when I left the hotel to be very arrogant. She needs more customer service training. I did not feel welcome at all. It is a pity as I left the hotel feeling very angry by her attitude. I spend a lot of time traveling in my role and I can choose any hotel that I want. The attitude of this female receptionist put me off coming back to this hotel.

Good location, modern hotel, large rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking was expensive even with the hotel plan.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel is well located on the port of Marseille. The room was a bit dated but comfortable enough. We didn’t get a port view (as requested). The room service was good quality but expensive.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee were not stoked up and had to ask twice for a fill up! Some of the furniture (i.e.desk) was a tacky.

Nice location, rooms spacious and clean. Reception staff very polite and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The view from my room is so great that I cannot forget. The location is good, near the old port and just a few minutes from the underground station which can take you to the railway station. I came to the hotel late in the day and the reception is very kind and friendly. I don't remember her name but she really helped me a lot and showed me some good places to go. The breakfast is good and you can enjoy the view of old port.

Breakfast not included

The bed was super comfortable! Loved it! Also, the hotel is facing Marseille’s beautiful marina, which allows for a nice walk in the morning to the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Mucem is just across the harbor as the crow flies, but on foot you have to walk around it, not an unpleasant walk but not close.

Super kind staff, barebones but comfortable room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We specified on reservation that we wanted a room with a view on the port. None was available, but we were not told in advance. If we had, I would have cancelled. When I asked if we could be reimbursed the second night, I was told it was not possible. Luckily, the manager whom I insisted on calling offered either to cancel the second night at no charge, or to upgrade the room. We took the latter and were thereafter happy with our stay.

The concierges were great - very helpful and friendly. And the bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is close by to everything and right on the water. The staff were also friendly. The buffet breakfast also had a good selection to choose from. Would definitely stay there again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Radisson Blu is promoting Carlson Club where I'm a Gold member but no additional services or features was offered (I'm entitled to a room upgrade). Didn't bother complaining but I was expecting more.

• Family Room

The breakfast buffet was quite complete and plentiful. Look for the deals where breakfast is included, the individual breakfast is more expensive. Concierge very knowledgable on local restaurants.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was excellent - our daughter had a separate room to herself which she was delighted with. The service upon arriving was exceptional, as was the welcoming gift in our room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We purposely chose this Hotel as it had a fab looking pool,(photos online) but when we arrived it was home to all the local pigeons. It had bird poo on the steps and in the water, big fat black slugs on the bottom and scum floating on top.I know it was October and probably they would say out of season,but they could of informed us or we should of been made aware as we would never of booked it.We paid top money for this Hotel ,without breakfast ,for 7 nights and as the temperature was hitting 26 degrees it would of been amazing to chill out at the end of the day after sightseeing.So we took the train to Cassis which was amazing,beautiful beach,bars,trips and food so as we could eventually chill each day.We won't be using them again.

It was central for the city, walking distance for the train, buses and all the shops.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is poor, right on a main road. The hotel is tired, no outside space as the pool area is closed and scruffy and the security isn't good either

• Vieux-Port Double Room

WiFi failed to work. Front door broken. Water not really hot our second day for shower. Concierge rarely there. Staff not very apologetic about anything.

Location, view and breakfast were all excellent

• Vieux-Port Double Room

no Internet during 2 days ; Main door not working ; No toilet paper in ladies restroom in lobby;

well located close to Vieux Port; Nice room ; Great breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

After our check-in someone from the staff entered the room while we were inside. He realised we were in the room and he closed the door and left. How is it possible that he didn't know the room was already occupied?

Very comfortable bed. Nice and big room. Nice bathroom.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location within easy walking of restaurants, local attractions and shopping areas. The room was spacious and quiet. The staff are very welcoming and friendly.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

Lack of attention to details. Staff had forgotten to fill up coffee/tea in room. No towels at the pool. Went to concierge just to be told they are there. They were not, so back down again. Breakfast was ok but not worth the money. They tell you it is busy around 10am but that is no excuse for the warm food to be gone and the overall presentation to be sloppy. We sat down on a table that was used before and had to be cleaned up. To be fair there were other tables that were set but we wanted to be able to enjoy the view. We were given cutlery but not everything from the previous guest was removed nor was the table wiped.

The location is good, we had booked a room with a view, the beds are comfy, the pool is a great feature.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast very expensive ( didn't do it in the hotel at last). Public Parking very close and near but very expensive ( 30€ for less than a day)

Modern, confortable, very well located on the Old port

• Vieux-Port Double Room

Sort out the breakfast room faster when groups have been eating there. One day the buffet was nearly empty one hour before closing time. The guests were standing around puzzled. It was then slowly filled up again after asking

We had a dream view all over the harbour. The soundproofing was great, no noise at all. The breakfast was very good.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

Maybe a bit characterless but, on the upside, clean and efficient.

Great location looking out over the old harbour in a good size room at the top of the hotel. Helpful staff - concierge, reception and at breakfast. The pool would have been a great asset if the weather had been better.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

While dining was fine, the breakfast was not so good. The sink didn’t work properly.

Excellent location adjacent to everything. Parking is next door to the hotel. The staff is nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lady (blond hair) who speaks italian (and of course french and english) she is absolutely great and very helpfull. She gave us a great room and lot's of tourist's tips (restaurants, place to go and how to go). In general all the staff are very friendly as well.

• Family Connecting Room 4 persons

Slightly dated room decor but bathrooms had been updated

Rooms were really spacious and pool area was great except at weekends when it was really busy (Aug) . Breakfast was amazing - huge and varied buffet - great value!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was located near the pool, so as you sat on the terrace , you saw guests going to the pool. View was limited and the view of the pool was blocked by bushes and had no other views from our window. As it was our wedding night maybe should of been given a nicer room.

The room was spacious and coffee making facilities were good. Booked for 2 nights after our wedding in Marseille. Unfortunately did not get to use the pool, but had guests who attended our wedding stay at this hotel. Very nice hotel and staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very expensive at €980 for 6 nights stay without breakfast. Tacky minature silver coloured plastic teaspoons in the room do not befit a 4 star hotel. Cheapens the Radisson brand.

Close to the bus stop and good view of the port

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower could have been better. Poolside bar was closed all the time we were there - not a major problem but were quite a few people about so would have been nice (and profitable) if it was.

Bed and bedding was excellent. Room very good size. Facilities very good. Quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Roof top pool was awesome. Check-in staff were cool. They could have spoken to me for hours about Olympic de Marseille FC! Comfy room with great Port view.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of food available for room service sometimes, particularly past 10pm.

Bed super comfy and shower powerful. Staff always accommodating and room service always came quite quickly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very clean. I liked the bathrobe and the room. The staff was helpful. The bar had good drinks and a terrace. The pool was a relaxing place to hang out. The location is excellent. There are good, but overpriced restaurants and good nightlife within walking distance from the hotel. The area around the hotel was brightly lit. Despite being next to a crime scene on my first day there, which had nothing to do with the hotel, my stay with at the Radisson Blu was excellent. Excellent internet was key!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was ridiculously expensive and how they managed to take that photograph of the pool and the castle is a miracle, because it looks nothing like it!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Needed to stop on the busy street to offload my luggage,wasnt really safe and convinient. All temporary parking places in front of hotel have been occupied for the whole evening.area above the pool is public road so everyone can see you swiming and chilling and shout nasty comments towards you.

Best location.usefull stuff.everything is good.thanks for good free extra bed for my kid.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpet in the bedroom is something I do not appreciate, I struggle to believe it can be clean enough... The window in the room was very small. Bathroom floor tiles were partially broken and the anti-slippery carpet for the shower had an inacceptable amount of mold. A 4-star hotel can do much better for the price they charge.

The location was pretty good and the restaurant were also quite nice. There were other good facilities, like pool and gym, but unfortunately we did not have time to use them. One of the concierge (a young guy) was extremley nice and helpful, congrats to him! The rooms were ok, and the bedroom had a good size. Bed was also very comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The view from our room wasn't great.

The staff were all so amazing and the location was perfect! In particular, the manager, Clemente, at the pool bar was so lovely.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One guy working at the pool bar meant that in the afternoon there was often a considerable wait for a drink. Also no snack bar menus which was odd. We didn't take the breakfast option as figured we could go more authentic outside of the hotel. Actually - we couldn't! It was just orange juice / coffee / croissant! Wish we had taken breakfast but at 25 euros each it was quite expensive

Great location and facilities were all we could have wanted for this short break. Hotel was very clean and staff were friendly. Nice to have the free flavoured Schweppes water station

• Standard Double or Twin Room

no parking offered to the residents of the hotel - we had to pay for the public one which is very expensive. the pool can get crowded and it can be difficult to find a lounge chair

The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean The pool is great - perfect to relax after a day of sight seeing The location is fantastic - in the heart of the vieux port, everything is easily accessible on foot

• Standard Double or Twin Room

no snacks available at pool bar.

great location along harbour not too close to noise and scenic views. check in simple and efficient there is a deposit 50 euro a night on check in but refunded upon check out. beds are very comfortable. sixth floor great harbour side view from some rooms. pool was very nice with bar but no snacks available at bar I found. staff have all the answers for every question regarding area or arranging a taxis etc. staff are highly efficient

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Should have a parking facility, or free parking, pool was freezing not heated, room service told me to bring ice from the bar myself, on arrival no person there to help unload our bags and take to the room as it was too late for them at 1am

Clean rooms, sadly the view of the neighbors roof was not what we had in mind for paying so much for a hotel, Staff pleasant,

This is an amazing hotel - staff couldn't do enough for you, the breakfast buffet was ridiculously good, location is perfect and the back of house staff also perfect. Pool was superb serviced by two lads who also couldn't do enough to please everyone. I'd live here if I won the lottery...

• Suite with Terrace (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was too busy / crowded because too small setup for number of guests. Quality of breakfast not up too Radisson standards. No idea how the beautiful pictures from the rooftop pool were made. It looks different in reality

Great location, in the heart of the old port. Good luxury beds. Friendly reception and concierge staff.

Parking on site is pricey at 28-30 Eur per day

Good location on the old port. Lovely pool on the roof top with nice view. Helpful staff and great, comfortable room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were brusque and businesslike. We were informed at check-in that the pool was on 3rd floor. However we were not informed that it is 3rd floor of other part of the hotel and we had to use a different lift. Quite confusing initially. The coffee and milk provided in room was not enough. Just 2 milks. I had to ask twice if I was able get more. Then 2 more milks were brought to our room. The room was expensive so I was surprised why they gave us so little. Breakfast at 25 euro is not value for money.

The location is excellent. Pool area very nice.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

The Concierge could have been just a little more attentive - I had called and requested a dinner reservation at a certain restaurant and he said while he wasn't familiar with the restaurant, he would be happy to call them and report back. He did not, and since it was time to leave and the Concierge station was not attended, we walked to the restaurant only to find out that it was closed for holiday. So, we had to walk around and find another restaurant on our own which was OK.

This was by far the best hotel we stayed at on our family trip with 2 adult children to France (Paris, Marseilles, Nice). The location was fabulous, the beds comfortable in our lovely port view room, the staff ultra accommodating, and the breakfast was like non-other at ANY hotel in the U.S. or abroad. What put Radisson Blu Hotel Marseilles over the top was their attention to the little details customers really appreciate, like the lovely infused waters in the lobby available at all times and the Nescafe coffee machine in the rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Daily room cleaning varied in standard. On some days our dirty tea cups and glasses were left, and tea bags used weren't replaced. The pool 'restaurant' was really more a bar where you could order room service - with a charge to have it by the pool.

The pool was wonderful and a nice oasis from the city. Comfortable beds and spacious bathroom.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

restaurant was not great..service was great but the waitress was alone covering the whole restaurant. breakfast coffee ran out without staff being attentive to fix the machine.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel feels very like a business location - didnt bother me - and it was full of families & our daughter loved the pool. However if you're looking for a hotel with a family-feel this might not be for you.

Great location- friendly staff. We were made to feel very welcome & enjoyed our stay.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

This hotel is getting old and needs an urgent renovation and re-decoration. In its present shape, it doesn't deserves 4 stars and its rates are quite exagerated. What is amazing is that the staff anscious of the problems, like dirty glasses and plates all day and nights in the corridors, a very small and overcrowded swimming pool, extremely loud music in the restaurant downstairs on every saturday night... and yet, nothing changes...

the location. the staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a better room with breakfast for an extra €100 which we thought was excessive considering we had already paid £250 to stay there.

Position & friendliness of staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The standard room had no opening window and horrible plants right up to the window! It was very drab in comparison to the Business Class room on the 5th floor.

The staff were ALL fantastic - so friendly and so helpful. The beds were really comfy. We had booked a standard room but upgraded to a Business Class room which was much nicer with a great view.

• Vieux-Port Double Room

Very comfortable bed, quiet room. Provision for gluten free eating. Good toiletries. Lovely, helpful staff. A very good experience. Perfect location for exploring.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows were far too soft and even with two each, our heads were as flat as pancakes. If they changed the pillows to the normal ones we are used to in the UK then I would have given full stars!

The bed itself was big and comfortable. The room they gave us 424 was quiet and well placed away from the lifts. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed staying at this hotel, the location was great & the outdoors pool was a big bonus just to chill out and catch a bit of sun. The staff where friendly & very polite, I would say that the hotel is more of a 3 star then a 4 star as the decor is not as modern as some of the other 4 stars that I've stayed in but otherwise i would recommend staying here

Pool

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking seemed expensive - shame that the hotel can't offer a discounted rate. Breakfast is very expensive. Shower pressure was poor.

Good all round city hotel in a nice quayside location in the old port area. Very helpful, friendly and professional staff. Spacious, quiet room with good aircon. Free tea & coffee making facilities. Fast, free wifi. Efficient valet parking service available. Easy to access by car.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor and expensive pool service. Cleanliness is common areas. Long waits at reception and restaurant. Banal ambiance.

Friendly and useful staff. Location. Pool. Comfortable rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool area is much smaller that the pictures have you believe. There's a much cheaper car park than what the hotel recommends 5 mins further down the road D'Orves is half the price.

The location couldn't be any more perfect.