Reviews of Hôtel Régina 2 stars

#19 of 20 hotels in Roscoff

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

5.5
    Negative

Welcome didn't exist. Bathroom clean but smelly. Had I had any idea it was near to station I would never had booked it. However roscoff was fully booked at hotels I am familiar with. Had to leave really early for ferry so can't comment on breakfast. However, I wouldn't have eaten anyway. I can cope with. Cheap basic hotels but I was not made to feel in the slightest bit welcome something I am not used to in France.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very Central, good value Basic hotel in a peaceful area opposite the staion
    • Double or Twin Room

all digital keys system, but all workedc well

Overnight stay. Old Hotel but serviceable. Free parking at rear a bonus. Nice clean room and very comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

nice old fashioned building with lots of charachter. room and bathroom OK. Shame about the staff.

breakfast chaotic and disorganised. The owner or man who was running the place badly, really shoud retire and hand over to the running of it to other people. He was bordering on abusive to me, and in the end I felt like giving him the same back. Coffee was warm-ish!. He was courteous to some english people who complained about it, and then was stroppy with me when I just put my hand on the urn to test the temperiture. Myself having been ill and hospitalised at previous location/hotel was abit under stress and felt like I'd better get out of Hotel Regina before I do something I regret with this idiot, 'running' the place.

breakfast wasn't really worth the hassle.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It's our 5th year running so we do have 'loyalty'!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

In spite of explaining a need for gluten free food for breakfast, none is ever available. Not even cornflakes were available this year. Request is for MEDICAL reasons, NOT a Fashion. .Orange juice, yogurt and tea is not much of a start to the day!

Perhaps the location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs some serious repairs. The wooden window frames in the room were quite rotten. The room could benefit from a lick of paint.

Perhaps the location.

Good hotel for pre ferry stay
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit tired and could do with a refurbishment.

Very reasonably priced and excellent for a stay before catching the early ferry. Central to all restaurants in Roscoff. Free car parking. Clean sheets and towels.

Great location and good value
    • Double or Twin Room

The building is rather run down. Inside the room, all is clean and bright. In the corridors, it is dull and ill-lit. The lift is like a vertical coffin.

Great location, good car park, very clean room and comfortable bed.

Thank goodness we only had one night booked

Very dated property with door handles falling off, electric cables looking unsafe, only having one socket in the room, toilet flush broken, mould on walls needs a good refurbish

Location close to town centre Ok for one night stay before catching early morning ferry

Bedding was clean, towels were provided

Paper thin walls, I could hear people on the floor below us phone on vibrate. Noisy area, local workforce starting at 4am with their music blasting out was not great.

Bedding was clean, towels were provided

The only thing the hotel has going for it is the closeness...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms very old and dated. Shower very hard to control. The hotel needs a good make over.

The only thing the hotel has going for it is the closeness to town centre

Very convenient, some issues, but we’re resolved quickly
    • Quadruple Room

Mix up with rooms and sent to a dirty room initially, but this was rectified quickly and the staff helpful, apologetic and polite.

Clean room in a convenient location for morning ferry crossing.

Awesome location by station

Literally right next to the station in Roscoff, which was a life-saver for us. Perfectly nice place and all we needed although our stay was very brief.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Would use Regina again for overnight or short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

More choice of food at breakfast would have been acceptable.

Hotel Regina is a good, convenient hotel, very suitable for a short stay,clean and well situated.

Would not stay there again.
    • Quadruple Room

The staff were extremely grumpy, struggled to find our booking (not what you want after a 7 hour drive) he produced a bill and then charged 10 euro extra ! The hotel is very tired looking, needs updating. The bathroom although clean had holes in the wall and the wallpaper was peeling.

The room was clean and the hotel within easy walking distance of the town and there was free (slow) wifi - that is all I can say that is positive.

We were glad when it was over!!!
    • Quadruple Room

Tired, noisy and old beds. Bathroom small and the rates were high for what you got. Gaffer had a sense of humor, but I'd be laughing too....

A good location.

It was fine.
    • Double or Twin Room

Sorry I have put some of my comments on the first bit. You will see about the lift. I should not have wanted to walk up those stairs to the top with a heavy suitcase and parking was jam packed so a long walk away but that was fine and the weather was sunny until the a.m. when it was pouring with rain.

First of all I stayed there with my husband - I very much dislike the word partner and you could easily put husband or wife as an alternative. the place was very quiet, the fellow downstairs was moderately helpful, the lift was absolutely tiny and would be most unsuitable for anyone with a hint of claustrophobia - I have never been in such a minute one and you would not normally want to share it with anyone else if you were alone. the bedroom was extremely clean and we were both so tired we could probably have slept anywhere! There were a number of restaurants within very easy walking distance - if you don't wish to have music booming out loudly you are much better in the Regina than some of the smarter and more expensive places actually on the waterfront. Really at 63 euros and with a very decent bath and a peaceful place to stay we were quite satisfied. thank you. We might stay there again. Depends on how early the boat would be etc.

Roscoff OK - nice enough place but hotel Regina not very good.

This (I assume) once fine and elegant hotel was run down, in poor condition overall (new windows excepted) and I guess typical of some hotels in ferry towns where most stays are 1 night (although I believe there are people who stay in Roscoff much longer). Many fittings / shower / lights etc broken or not working. No evening catering so obliged to walk to town. Overall not a great stay.

Not very much sadly. Disappointing. Roscoff itself was nicer than expected. Hotel location - about 1KM out of town but reasonable walk. Reasonably OK for the ferry - about 1.5 KM.

The hotel is in a very convenient location close to the town...

An English TV channel would be nice.

The hotel is in a very convenient location close to the town centre and next to the train station and very handy to the ferry port.

The place was adequate for a one night stay. Breakfast was unavailable - “No croissants; no coffee”

The decor of the room was very tired in places.

The fact is hat we were able to be let on at 04:00 on a Sunday morning after an emergency hospital visit.

Ideal location for ferry

Very old and tired. If it wasn’t so close to ferry terminal would never stay here

Ideal location for the early morning ferry. Fairly comfy bed and clean

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

A TIRED OLD HOTEL IN NEED OF A FULL REFURB.

For the price of breakfast I expected a bit more than a cup of coffee, and a croissant.The receptionist tried to charge me twice for the breakfast. He clearly acted like he was doing me a favour by letting me pay him. When I got there the hotel was closed and had to wait 30 minutes for him to turn up. The whole building is very tired and in need of a full refurb.

Breakfast was ok for a Continental breakfast. I had somewhere safe to store my bicycle. It is close to the centre.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Quadruple Room

Bit dated. A kettle in the room would have been a lovely added extra but mostly good

Very clean and comfortable. Location close to centre and ferry port. Just a pit stop after getting off the ferry before travelling south. Shower was lovely.

Perfectly suitable to our needs
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine and suited us

The Hotel was perfectly situated in the middle of the town for our one night stay before catching Brittany Ferries. Very basic but clean and comfortable beds and decent parking. Needs a bit of TLC!

Hotel has seen better days but large rooms and good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Fairly dated old hotel next to the train station but large rooms and relaxing. Free parking in the garden of the hotel. Easy walk into the centre of town. Good value for money.

comfortable but not cheap for the quality of accommodation, I would stay again but not as a first ch
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a pit stop for ferry travellers but it's good for sleeping and don't expect anything else

Didn't try breakfast, the general condition of the hotel wasn't good but clean and comfortable

We stayed for the week , plenty to do , excellent location for the ferry , definitely recommend .
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have liked access to a kettle so we could make tea or coffee when we got back from our day out. Maybe a map of Roscoff would have been useful although the tourist office have them.

We must have had the best room for the views were excellent, views from bedroom and the bathroom! We were on the top floor but no problem as there was a lift . The bathroom was huge , always hot water. Plenty of room in the bedroom . Mr Regina ( sorry don't know his name) was very good with our little vocabulary, but I think he was pleased we did try!

Only stayed 1 night before catching the ferry home, good...

Only stayed 1 night before catching the ferry home, good location, bit dated and needs a lick of paint but perfect for my visit. There is a good local pub opposite that does snacks and they are very friendly.

I will be writing to Booking.com asking for a partial refund on the accommodation costs.

This hotel is substandard, and very run down. The manger was extremely abrupt, and question me in the morning " Asking had I paid??" I had paid on arrival for my accommodation.

Cheap and cheerfull, would recommend based on the price and value for money
    • Quadruple Room

Water pipes from other rooms flow through our on suite and were a bit noisy when other rooms used water facilities, however based on price I'd overall would be happy

Large room with 2 large beds, excellent for a family with 2 kids, free WiFi included, great value for money, cost €80, excellent value for this price

Croissants were warmed but that was probably the only perk...

Croissants were warmed but that was probably the only perk concerning food... the info on the Internet should be updated as some pages still state that there is a functioning restaurant on site, which was not the case. This, however, does not mean that people have to starve as there are plenty of fabulous creperies in the neighbourhood!!!!

It was a place to sleep, but not an experience to be repeated.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no heating and no hot water. The one person we saw at reception (in fact the only person we saw at all in the place) brought in an electric heater and said he'd cleared an airlock in the water tank, so that was fixed. There was a leak from under the basin in the bathroom. The pea trap shattered when knocked as we moved stuff away from the water. This was replaced. The room had not been decorated in years and wallpaper was peeling off the wall. There were no restaurant or bar facilities, nor any way of making tea or coffee. We were offered croissants and coffee for breakfast at 7eu.00. (5eu.00 across the road). We saw and heard no other guest during our stay. Weird.

The bed was reasonably comfortable.

Good base for a short break.

Arrived to check in at 13.30. Notice on door said hotel closed for a few days, but due to re-open that day. No sign of life at locked hotel. Phoned owner on his mobile, who said he'd be there at 16.30. We went off to visit the Jardin Exotique to kill time. Continental breakfast adequate, with plenty bread, croissants and unlimited coffee, but lacking variety.

Easy parking. Quiet location opposite railway station, but only a short walk from shops and restaurants in town and a short drive from the ferry. Pleasant and friendly owner. Spacious bedroom, if sparsely furnished. We had two rooms. The north-facing one was quite cold on the first night but the owner, without prompting, supplied an electric heater on the second day.

Generally good, but does need updating.

The rooms were cold and could not turn up the heat. Also breakfast room not open.

The rooms spacious , beds were comfortable and great location to the ferry port.

Sorry I will not be returning

What didn't I like - the hotel!

Well Regina may have reigned once upon a time but it would have been long ago. No investment in this hotel is evident in many years. Holes, where plumbing has been removed a long time ago in the bathroom are filled with toilet paper, the general state of the hotel is tired and untidy. The curtains didn't even fit the bedroom window so light came in from cars in the night, as well as neighbouring lighting. This at 48 euros for the night was well overpriced as you can stay in a nice hotel with facilities this one has none. Sorry - but I for one will not be returning.

Very poor
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything no care and no offer of food a lot of money for just a bed would never recommend ,in fact to call this an hotel is a joke

No offer of breakfast, I am a diabetic ! No staff on duty if there was a problem,just told to leave the key in the morning when we left no care ,in fact this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, after the first meeting with the manager ( five minutes ) We were told the room room number and left to get on with it! I asked if I could buy a meal and breakfast and was told ,they did ot offer food! Not even coffee ,I feel this was a lot of money for just a bed? And will be looking for some refund !!

Good location in Roscoff with a friendly manager.

Good location in Roscoff with a friendly manager. Very handy for the Roscoff ferry boats. There is a very good and popular Chinese restaurant close by.

Won't bother again
    • Quadruple Room

It was very run down dark tiny lift had to carry disabled child upstairs as lift to small no facilities even for a drink in room TVs didn't work at all but like faulty towers

Sheets were clean

. Adequate rather than pleasant.
    • Double or Twin Room

This a hotel that has seen better days. Although very clean, the whole place is in need of a bit of TLC

. Adequate rather than pleasant. Polite reception but didn't go out of his way to help. Clean. Perfect location for the ferry with private parking, which was important as we had bikes on a carrier.

A very quirky experience.

Wifi was slow.

The huge walk in shower was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. Parking was easy. We liked the really tiny lift that is so very small.

Slept well and enjoyed fantastic views from two windows.
    • Double or Twin Room

One morning was cold and the chauffage wasn't on.

Comfortable bed, lovely sea and town views, good bathroom[ shower only],spacious room plus TV. Location next to la gare, convenient for trains and buses to Morlaix, and only short walk into town. I came by bicycle,and the hotel is ideal for that way of traveling. My second visit! Good value for the price.

ok for one night stop over breakfast ok

No tea making facilities, maintenance poor, 6 light fittings, three had blown bulbs, the sealant around bath needed replacing, no shower curtain, or toilet roll holder, no attempt to remove old fixing screws,

Clean but dated, ok just for one night stopover

Ideal for an overnight stay, but very, very dissapointing if booking for a holiday.
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole hotel needs a lot of money spending on it to bring it up to scratch. The rooms weren't dirty, but they were in desperate need of re-decorating. The bathroom was very, very dated, and I can only describe the water that came out of the shower as 'coming out in lumps'! The breakfast was fine, but the guy who was on the desk was also organising and providing the breakfast - there were no other staff apparent at any time. Consequently there was a long wait as the poor guy was running round in circles trying to deal with the desk (checkouts), setting and re-setting tables after various guests had finished and went, and actually providing the breakfast.

The location of the property was ideal as it was only an overnight stay after getting off the ferry late, with the intention of driving further into France the next morning. Although the parking around the hotel wasn't exclusively for Regina guests, at least I didn't have to worry about paying or finding a different spot so late at night.

It was clean,comfortable, very eccentric and right for the...

I DID like it

It was clean,comfortable, very eccentric and right for the price-tag. It had obviously been a luxury hotel many many years ago. 130 rooms and a restaurant for at least 200. But that was then and this is now. It could tell a few romantic and interesting tales. I loved the place but felt sorry for it, I will return again.

Fine for a stopover for the ferry, but good value lacking
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel was a bit dated, and for the price, I wouldn't say it was great value

The location was excellent for the ferry. Parking was fine, but limited. The hotel was fine enough as a stopover.

Not very good, 70's time warp and very tired.

Lots... Very, very tired hotel... wafer thin walls, very noisy corridors, room doors and plumbing. Breakfast only from 0800hrs (useless for morning ferry embarkation).

It was clean

Charming and full of character, gives a taste of old fashioned french hospitality and life.
    • Quadruple Room

I would have liked a kettle in the room but this was small in comparison to the overall charm of the place for us.

We loved the staff at the hotel. The man at the front desk was absolutely lovely, very kind and helpful, we felt the hotel was truly in keeping with the spirit of the town and made our first trip to France a really enjoyable experience. Granted, it feels old fashioned and it could do with some modernisation but this added to the charm for us and we absolutely loved our time here. It's close to the shops, to the beaches and the ferry so was ideal for us travelling with two children.

Cheap break in Roscoff
    • Quadruple Room

Room was basic. Could do with modernisation. No kettle in room for making tea or coffee.

Close to ferry port and town centre. Clean rooms. Plenty of breakfast. Owner was friendly.

Faulty Towers with a over rated price tag. Awful end to a lovely holiday.

Rooms were shabby Mould round the bath Old fixings removed but holes remained in wall Walls dirty looking and worn Laminate flooring over old carpet but cut short round edges Windows rotting and unsightly Tiny one person lift making it difficult for elderly family with us to use, when only other option is spiral staircase. Faulty Towers springs to mind and very much over priced. Hotel couldn't find booking initially as name on booking form not correctly transposed onto hotel system, I.e. Only used occupants name for both rooms as that of second persons first name. No tea or coffee facilities in the room

Close proximity to ferry port.

Too short to say much only overnight.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is looking a bit tired needs some repairs and renovation, bathroom sink plug not working, water not draining away. Tiles needing replacing and grouting.

BED COMFORTABLE, HAVE STAYED THERE BEFORE. Convenient for Ferry.

Very disappointing end to super holiday - worst experience over years of travel.

Host not very welcoming - "park on road where you can" - no direction to room, just given the key - lift very small / felt wobbly - corridors dark until auto lighting kicked in. Room stuffy , bins unlined (bathroom sani bin also) lighting in bathroom poor with exposed fittings over sink - no bulbs. Host demanded immediate payment, when we requested early breakfast to enable us to be at ferry port on time. We have stayed at 4 different hotels in Roscoff prior to this early ferry and there has always been the opportunity for an early breakfast but not here!

The bedlinen and towels were freshly laundered.

Hotel probably only survives because of the need of beds for the ferry users.
    • Double or Twin Room

Last stayed there about 20 years ago and little has changed, still in rather a 'time warp'. No early breakfast available for people catching the morning ferry or tea or coffee making facilities in the room, so had to wait until we could get a takeaway coffee at the port.

Beds were clean and comfortable enough for a 1 night stopover.

It's a good place to stay to catch the morning ferry.

There are loads of Brits staying but no English TV channels.

It's a good place to stay to catch the morning ferry. I recommend the Chinese restaurant in town just a few hundred yards away.

For a resort town on the Brittany coast this is a bargain and a great location. We'll return, again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Occasional inattention to supply of towels in the bathroom.

The manager is lovely, and has a wry wit. We've stayed before and will return. Croissants are delicious. An easy walk to the center of town. Nice views from the higher levels!

Great location for harbour and ferry port - easy going, clean and airy.
    • Double or Twin Room

The stairways etc are a bit scruffy but it's all clean.

The room was very airy and spacious with tall opening window and view. Separate bathroom, really nice. It was a no nonsense hotel, quite old fashioned but it was secure, convenient and quiet and comfortable. Helpful concierge.

Awful Smelly Hotel
    • Quadruple Room

we paid £97 for this family room, when we arrived there was no one on reception then the cleaner obtain someone - a young lad who had a bottle of beer & football in hand he took our money but didn't give us a receipt! Room smelt of old sweat & looked like something out of a 1960's film!! Didn't want to take shoes off because of floor! Hair in shower! The sleep was awful a man & girl where yelling early hours until 5am when police arrived. I was very concerned about our safety & car as he was also throwing things glass etc!

Was happy to get out of there!!!!

The receptionist did not have my full details and had...

The receptionist did not have my full details and had difficulty sorting out our rooms. Not certain what the the problem was but he only had "Alan" on his computer, not our full names etc.

Basic hotel in good location for ferry passengers.
    • Double or Twin Room

Single member of staff with little English struggled to cope with the influx from the ferry, largely English people with no French. Our booking was not on the list but he found us a room. Don't understand why the Booking.com confirmation had not been noted.

Location excellent. Decent breakfast

Great value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

You need to book breakfast the night before.

Hotel very close to ferry port and town centre. Great value for money for a stop over whilst travelling on a budget. The public areas need some TLC but the bedroom was functional and very clean and tidy. The staff were efficient and friendly.

Belly giggles, champagne and sleep!
    • Double or Twin Room

It feels very run down and lacks facilities but it was cheap and cheerful and all we needed.

Very basic hotel, but it's all we needed. Somewhere to lay our heads at night. Very jolly man on reception made us laugh every morning and night. Location perfect for exploring Roscoff as long as you just use hotel as a base.

This is the cheapest accommodation in Roscoff.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's quite old, there are no facilities in the room e.g. kettle and the bathrooms weren't very clean.

This is the cheapest accommodation in Roscoff.

Perfect budget hotel for overnight stop off in lovely roscoff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room decor is rather dated, but I didn't really mind!

Very friendly staff. Great views across town to the sea. Characterful building. Extremely comfy bed!

You very much get what you pay for
    • Double or Twin Room

Pre booked yet upon arrival the check in clerk had no idea how long we were staying so had to pay twice for each night. staff weren't notified about how long guests were staying, check out time was ignored by staff. maid tried letting herself into our room at 11am despite check out being 11.30/12 AND the fact we weren't even supposed to check out that day as we were staying another night. she did not knock, just attempted to let herself in, although we locked our door luckily but she continued to try and force her way in until my boyfriend opened the door and explained that we weren't checking out and weren't ready to leave for the day to have our room cleaned. Room itself is very basic, which in reality is what you're paying for at only £50 a night. Room could do with some tlc, shower curtain in bathroom had mould, cracks in walls, a storage cupboard that wshouldn't even close. Very strange placement of plug sockets, room only has two, one of which was positioned right next to the door so when I charged my phone I had to leave it on top of the wardrobe to charge. Very thin walls, which meant when other residents arrived back late/awoke early, we were also disturbed by the sounds of movement and doors slamming. Bed is extremely uncomfortable, I can't speak for all rooms but ours had a rock solid bed that neither of us found easy to sleep on. We didn't pre book breakfast as we paid for our stay upon arrival, we weren't asked if we would like breakfast included nor what time it would be served if we did want to come down. Overall, roscoff itself is a very nice place that I would highly recommend visiting. If you simply want somewhere cheap and aren't too bothered about quality then this is ideal, but we would not recommend for anyone looking for a comfortable night sleep. It's definitely worth paying a few extra £ for higher quality.

clerk at the front desk was friendly if a little unorganised.

OK for a night, but not any longer
    • Double or Twin Room

The uneven floor in the bedroom made me feel ill. The lift was old and tiny. Felt like a coffin! We were on the third floor and I wondered how we would get out in case of fire.

We liked the proximity to the port. Parking was no trouble and free. The bed was OK.

If we use Roscoff again we would choose a different hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The welcome was missing. It had charm but was missing warmth and inviting. grubby in bathroom.

The hotel has seen better days in decor - our room was bright with 2 single beds these were clean and the bedding was spotless. The bathroom was large with a walk in shower with clean towels, though not very inviting as grubby grout, just needed a really good clean round the tiles and skirting boards. We were only stopping the one night and got a room on the 3rd floor - the lift is shaped like a coffin and only fits on person and bag, but it works. If this hotel had a revamp and updated it's rooms it could be lovely as it has charm, just needs warmth and inviting adding in. It is in a really good position. We did not try the breakfast as we were getting an early boat.

Ideal budget hotel easy walking distance from Roscoe center
    • Double or Twin Room

The maids forgot to leave us towels one day. Not too serious, and the management fixed it right away. Very nice staff.

The croissants were perfect and the coffee was excellent.

Ferry Stop Over
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking. The parking area was in the hotel garden. A bit of a squeeze.

Although from the outside this property looks quite dour, inside was extremely clean and comfortable. Exactly what we needed for a swift getaway in the morning for the channel ferry. Basic but brilliant. Ideally situated for a short walk to the seafront restaurants, of which there are quite a few. Tip, try to find a map of the area or use a phone application as the little streets to the sea front don't necessarily go where you think they do! Once found, it's an easy walk!

Good hotel for ferry
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very practical for staying the night before taking the ferry back to England. It was inexpensive close to the ferry terminal and within walking distance to the restaurants

The manager have my kids free crossaints when we arrived.
    • Quadruple Room

Place was run down and shabby;the shower was a bath with no place to hang the shower,didn't realise it was a 2 star when i was booking,it was clean but wouldn't stay there again.

The manager have my kids free crossaints when we arrived. The other member of staff was nice too;we had little French and they had little English but we worked things out. Roscoff is well worth a visit,and a nights stay and the hotel is in the centre. Overall an enjoyable visit.

Positive experience
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very close to the train station and the Onions' museum but it is 15 minutes walking to the center.

The rooms are comfortable and the man working there was very kind with me, even though he did not speak English. The bathroom was huge!

Complaint
    • Double or Twin Room

The manager was on our arrival, unwelcoming, off hand and dismissive. He gave me the keys and briefly showed me the button to press to come in later (in a manner that suggested I was an imbecile). He did not ask to see my booking paper from you. Later when we returned around 9 pm we let ourselves in as there was no one on reception and the hotel seemed deserted. In the morning as I was leaving, this same manager who was not there when we came down and left the keys on the desk, came out and stood at the top of the hotel steps shouting very loudly across the road at 7.30 in the morning 'Are you leaving without paying Madame? !!!!! I went back and showed him my document from Booking. Com. As it said on the paper that the hotel normally would take the money within 1 -3 days, I expected them to do that from my credit card account since I presume you had sent them my card details to do so. Otherwise what was the point in providing them? The manager was shouting 'Non!' over and over and said that was not the way it was done and that your role was simply to tell him there was a booking! How was I to know this?! He was accusing me of trying to get away without paying!!!! I have never had a criminal offence in my life. This man who finally signed himself M. Sayada Rene, on a receipt, after I paid him with my credit card was shouting angrily at me all the time, with eyes bulging in the most unpleasant manner. This is a serious complaint I am making here and I need you to take this up and tell me who is at fault here and to pass this information on to the owner of Hotel Regine. Did you not pass on my card details to Hotel Regine? I think you must have done as the manager was expecting me when I arrived. Perhaps you didn't give him my card details? But if not, then why do you say on the paper that this is how Booking.Com works? I have used Booking.

Roscoff centre
    • Double or Twin Room

What's not to like in the centre of Roscoff. A town plan would be good to pick up, it's a bit of a maze..

We found the 'Patron' very welcoming and efficient. Between 5/6 pm many turn up at once. We had options on rooms, taking a twin on the second floor. The room was clean, large and entirely adequate for our needs. Price, considering exchange rates, was good value. Very close to the front, parking free in the hotel, or we chose the station next door. Masses of space. Two trains per day on average, or bus. We heard no noise from the road. Two minutes from the boat, I'd stay again.

good location if you want to be near the ferry port

Initially, the staff couldn't find my reservation. I'd emailed to say I was arriving by bicycle but initially they wanted me to leave in an outside area with no door. After some discussion, they allowed me to keep it inside.

The hotel was incredibly close to the ferry which was great.

good value and very clean and quiet

it was excellent value for money quiet and near to the ferry port and an easy walk into town to get a meal

bed linen was very clean and felt crisp room was large and although sparse the bathroom was large and had a good shower it was perfect for an overnight stay

Very comfortable and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely large room, and bigger than average bathroom, great views over the city, handy for walking into Roscoff and easy parking, a few minutes from the ferry. Extremely comfy bed. Would stay here again.

4.5
    Cheep but not so cheerful

The lift was so small it was Iike a coffin . I had to find my room by my self . The room was poorly decorated and had a neglected look there was a hole in the curtains. The whole hotel was in need of modernisation

It was in a quiet part of the town . The bed was comfortable. It was near the ferry.

Browse Hôtel Régina traveller photo gallery