Reviews of Résidence la Réserve Genève Ferney Voltaire 4 stars

1 Avenue du Jura, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire, France

#2 of 11 hotels in Ferney-Voltaire

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

The room looks not new, and needs some renovation. Looks different then on the photo. The bed was really small for two people. The view from the room was looking the road. And it was on the ground floor just in front of parking. If you book better take pool view.

Near to the airport. Big room. Nice stuff.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast is a little bit limiting. Staff are sometimes overworked due to lack of numbers.

Room space and facilities. Service. Apart hotel style which I like. Swimming pool. Gym. Not too big to be impartial. Not too small to be in your face. Ease of access to Geneva where I work.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

Overall,the stay was so-so . The Wi-Fi sucks. Super weak and slow signal. The building was not so good as described. The wardrobe was broken. The bathroom was ok,but when you take a shower,the water is all over the floor so we had to put towels underneath. We Did not like the breakfast. Very restrict choice. We wanted an ashtray from the receptionist,he told us to go to the restaurant. Went to the bar- told us to go back to the receptionist- so spinning circle with no result and at the end we did not get one. The balcony was very dirty ,full of ashes from the street-understandable ,but with a once in two weeks cleaning it would not be like that. The building needs refurbishment.

Clean rooms.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The beds were a horror story! Even realised that the sofa bed was much better than the actual beds. We never got maid service and they only took the trash out. One day they even left the trash in the room.

The kitchen was well stocked. The location is great. Has a pool and gym. The people at the reception were great. Free parking! Carrefour is walking distance where you can get halal groceries too! It was very clean. The toilets were nice. The apartment was spacious.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

No hot water in the shower in the morning. Not what I expect from a $120 a night hotel. No compensation offered.

Location and extremely nice and helpful staff (the evening/ night reception employee)

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The entire room cleanness could have been done better. The pictures from booking do not match the reality, the rooms look much more used. The balcony needed a wash and the bathroom was pretty small. Shower curtain was a no go, and although the room was booked double, the shower gel and soap were for 1 person only. Breakfast was low in assortment and no fresh vegetables what so ever.

Clean bed sheets and towels. Close to Geneva. Good Wi-Fi

Nothing in particular.

The hotel has a nice pool, and the room size is quite adequate for short break. The bathroom has a heated towel rack that was powerful enough for doubling a a room heater.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The toilet is separated from shower in two places.

Nice view, staff are friendly , good for family and near most places. I had a car so it was best place for my family. Also carrefour is near.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Great location, 2km from the AirPort, 300m from the supermarket and 100mz from the bus stop. There are some pubs and rest around. The gym center is very good. Comfortable room.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

We asked for a double bed, but were given two twin beds that concatenate each other. Even worse, the beds had wheels, so the two beds were often apart.

great location, close to the airport and Carrfour friendly staff; good breakfast; good baby cot.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

We had an early flight back home and requested a wake up call and a taxi before we went to bed. We didn't have a converter to charge cell phone so it was critical that we wake up on time. As you have guessed, there was no call or taxi and we missed out international flight. While we were trying to book a later flight, there was a breakfast at the lobby area so I told my son to have some food. We heard someone telling my son not to eat since it is not included in the room charge or pay 5 euro. Sabastian who was at the front desk was tell my son to stop eating since there is not enough food for others. My son had two pieces of ham on his plate. I couldn't believe what I was hearing especially after them costing thousands of dollars to rebook flights. He got very defensive and told us it wasn't his fault there was no taxi or wake up call. The room was fine except trash bin under the sink was full of garbage from the previous guest. I demanded talking to a manager and I ended up asking and getting a full refund of the stay. The manager was very apologetic for the situation but Sabastian who wouldn't stop telling me that it wasn't his problem.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Front desk did not give me a tag for my luggage and this resulted in one bag not being packed into the taxi. Taxi arrived when I was in the toilet and front desk made me believe my bags were in the taxi . Hotel blames me for leaving one bag behind 😳😳😳

Location and rate

nothing.

We have been three times in this hotel. We had clean and spacious apartment with comfortable beds. Kitchen has very good equipment. Close to Palexpo.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The bar in the evening had no staff anywhere in site, i waited for nearly 15minutes to buy a drink and gave up and went elsewhere! Also no option to get anything to eat that night after a very long journey i went to sleep very hungry.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Breakfast poor - no dishes out, hot food empty at prime time, not even any butter for toast. Room - no pillows for pull down down bed or spare blanket. Insufficient towels for number of guests.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

I was unfortunately there when there were renovations but still it didnt cause too much hassle

Ate one night in the restaurant the food was excellent, the bar and bar staff very good. In fact I found all the staff very helpful indeed

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The dish washer wasn't working, air conditioner was a little noisy

Lobed how close it was to the Airport, nice facilities in the spacious room, comfortable bed with two separate mattresses, kitchenette stocked with all plates and cups etc, enough for four people, very good value for money :)

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

pretty Noisy. my room faced quite busy street. With street and nearby aircraft noise it was pretty difficult to work in the room during the day.

Close to the border, easy access to geneva. (bus nearby)

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The room smelt like someone had been smoking there. Since we didn't get there until gone midnight we just wanted to get our heads down so didn't mention it to the hotel staff

The staff on the desk was helpful

mmmm.....all was good!

Nice hotel, close to the airport,exactly what we needed. The staff was helpful and polite. Well equipped kitchenette and big rooms. I can't comment about breakfast as we didn't eat there. Would recommend.

I requested on my booking and on the phone to have all the studio/apartments close to each other on the same floor. I even received a phone confirmation from the hotel. However the studio/apartments were on three separate floors. The receptionist was not aware of this but she tried her best to change it. At the end we had all the studio/apartments on two separate floors.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

A good selection of appliances and utensils in the kitchenette. Simple design and furnishings but overall it was a very comfortable and convenient stay. Very attentive and pleasant staff.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Very friendly staff. There are washing machines and dryers, so I could wash my cloths during my stay. The room was quite big and equipped with small kitchen.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

At check in, the clerk tried to charge us, even though we had paid in advance. There was major construction noise during the day because of renovations and some of the facilities were closed because of it. A discount or partial refund would have been a nice gesture.

Location and grounds

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Big rooms. Nice for families with kids. Walking distance to Carrfour. We loved the refreshing smell at the lobby. Steven at the reception was supper friendly and checked us in quickly.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

They were doing some works to improve sauna, gym and swimming pool and we didn't know this. The prices were kept the same even if there was a deficit for facilities (we couldn't use them).

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Very noisy, not clean. Sauna was not working, and that was one of the reasons to stay there. There was a strange sweet smell everywhere in the hotel, that gave a bad headache

It’s close to the airport and the bus station. Staff helped us to change the room. Room had a kitchen

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The location of the hotel was perfect, the staff was more than perfect, the room was very huge, the parkings are available and free, i enjoyed my stay.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The night receptionist is very helpful. The hotel is under renovations until Mid December , hence forget about sleeping past 9 AM (for those long sleepers).

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

there was an unpleasant smell in my room and the daily room cleaning was not good.

Location of the hotel is good. Not too far from the bus stop and Carrefour store.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Unfortunately at this trip there was a smell in the apartment which didn't go away despite opening of the windows. We informed the staffs about it. The sofa bed was not so comfortable this time. I stayed another day again there and the sofa bed was perfect.

We stayed earlier at this Hotel apartment and it is very good. The staff were friendly and very helpful. There was a confusion with another guest and immediately another staff come to help and to deliver fast service. That was appreciated. I like the apartment with own kitchen and the separate rooms. Ideal.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Nice clean room with comfy bed with modern decors, they could do with putting tea/coffee and sugar in the room with that price. Free parking was bonus as we travelled by car. Can be a bit noisy for a while when flights take off and landing from nearby airport.

Kitchen was not great.

Very convenient for travelling to CERN and Geneva. Several supermarkets close by (Carrefour and Lidl) excellent pharmacy beside Carrefour. Lovely Italian restaurant in the town - L'Azzurra.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

I stayed 4 nights and our room was not cleaned unless we ask. Even if they are cleaned, only they change the towls. It is like i stayed at a hotel with one star not four stars. We called the receiption to have an extra shampoo because the other night our room was not cleaned, the reciptionst told us to come downstairs to pick them up. Worst! This is the worst hotel i stayed during my Europ trip. I really dont recommend to stay at this hotel at all.

Rooms are big and kind receptionsts.

Bath was a bit small

Friendly staff. Close to good sized Carrefour hypermarket. Wifi excellent. Gym open throughout the day with good equipment. Convenient base for trips around Geneva.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

Rooms are not cleaned daily only the towels are replaced. Toiletries are not replenished daily. Was told by the reception that the bed linen and cleaning is only done once a week. Never heard of such a thing.

Location and nothing else

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Everything showed it's age. The cabinets in the bathroom looked to be falling apart. The bed was literally sagging. The air conditioning didn't work, we had to leave a window open overnight.

The hotel was very close to the airport. The front desk staff was AMAZING. He was very kind and friendly!

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

Dust on one night stand (everything else was clean though)

Well equipped apartment, many TV channels, balcony, free parking, proximity to restaurants and supermarket. Next to the border crossing

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The kitchen wasn't clean when we arrived (I got the impression this was not typical though) and the dishwasher didn't work. The short walk to the supermarket involves a lot of car-dodging (better to just drive).

Wonderful swimming pool. The sweetest, most helpful staff ever. Quaint little town center and gorgeous park running through the town (a few minutes' walk from the more trafficky area of the hotel). Huge supermarket a few minutes' walk in the other direction. Hidden bonus: lawn with picnic table and chicken coop behind the pool, don't miss it if you have small kids. Very, very close to the airport and yet no airplane noise!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The receptionist when checking in was void of any emotion she was like a machine. No warm welcome at all. We didn't feel welcome in the least. The smell in the corridors with other guests cooking was horrible. The price was exorbitant.

The facilities the pool and mini bar restaurant area. Very clean and the easy room facility was great.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The 3rd floor is not as clean as other floors. The room is not vacuumed. The furniture is rather used-up in the room I stayed this time (#301). I don't know why, but I had the same experience on the 3rd floor in the past. One more point: room air-conditioning equipments were not functioning. I have to say that the level of comfort seems to depend on the room/floor.

The bar is cozy and reasonable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

1- not clean= found broken broken glass under bed 2- no dishwash liquid soap +sponge only dishwasher

1-close to geneva by car 2-close to supermarket 3-friendly staff 4- air conditioner works great

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast options could have been better

Room was a self contained apartment which was great and had everything we needed. Can get the bus into central Geneva from right outside the hotel. Even though the hotel is so close to the airport the pool and garden area is like a little oasis. Very relaxing.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The air conditioner wasn't working. I told the reception and they did nothing. It was very hot and couldn't sleep. The food was not good in the restaurant.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Double bed was two singles put together, there were cob webs on ceiling in loft but wasn't a big deal, restaurant closed when we arrived

Loved the pool , restaurant , staff very friendly and accomodating, grounds were beautiful, room was clean nice size.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Just a bit outdated in some ways (not a lot of attention to aesthetics), but felt things in room were cleaned well.

Helpful staff, free parking, family room was amazing, outdoor pool area is resort quality! Easy to take a bus to Geneva if you do not want to deal with driving and parking -bus station is steps from front door. Also there is a Carrefour a five minute walk away. We really loved our stay!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

No cleaning or room service and you will take care of your Luggages when you check in and check out

The Location is great and close to the airport and Geneva . It's price is great

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Noisy (right next to an intersection), so-so breakfast.

Easy to get to, near the airport and relatively close to Geneva, fairly sizable room (not a suite, but with kitchenette), comfortable bar near the lobby.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

The room was dark and the bed was just okay - a bit hard.

Staff helpful and friendly, location excellent near a Carrefour and central to many restaurants, and very adequate AC.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Close to grocery store. Easy to get to on the Y bus. Get off at the Brunette stop. Good staff--but Kevin in the early morning is soo nice and helpful. He made us a cappacino at 0430 in the morning before we left for the airport.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

The room itself was comfortable enough but it is a bit rude to ask people to take their bin waste to the supposedly internal rubbish bin downstairs when you are paying a minimum of 135€ per night without breakfast. Plus the bin is no longer inside but outside in the car park area now. Also the bedroom/living area is poorly lit and the furnishings are mainly brown which made it a bit dingy looking even though it is comfortable enough and great location. The staff were not that happy.

It was a good location and the price was relatively less expensive than Geneva for this time of year.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Rather noisy, hotel is located on a main road that connects France and Switzerland. Location is great for traveling to the airport, otherwise rather boring / bland. Hotel serves that's purpose.

Clean, friendly staff, comfy beds.

Nothing in particular.

Very good facility esp for family get togther. Well equipped with cooking facility. Carrefour located within 10min walk from this hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

*This is not really the fault of the Hotel. Since the hotel is at the border between France & Switzerland, the UBER will take you to the hotel, but you cannot order an UBER from the hotel (I guess this is because they can operate only in one country, and since they are registered in CH, I cannot see the cars in the application when I am in France).

The room was excellent (very big, with fully equipped kitchen, iron for clothes, etc.). The staff was very friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Not enough facilities for babies. They were not able to provide a blender. Would have given 10 out of 10

Beds comfortable and staff were friendly. Swimming pool very clean and atmosphere not polluted as was our previous hotel at Geneva town centre.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The breakfast is not a 4* breakfast.... When we arrived, the buffet was almost empty, the room for the breakfast is really small and there wasn't any available table.... We expect a better service and more choice for 15€ per person!

Very convenient location, closed to the airport and Palexpo. We've booked an appartement with one bedroom, but we're a little surprised because the bedroom was a mezzanine and not a separate room. The bed were comfortable and the roo was really calm and quiet.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Food ok but a bit pricey for what it was. Air conditioning in the room took a bit of working out

Perfect for a one night stay before travelling home from GVA. Spacious apartment very comfortable for 3.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

Please do not pre-set the room temperature to 26 degrees. For the rooms facing the street it's too noisy to open the windows to cool down and the aircon does it too slow. It's always better to arrive in a cool room - and it's much healthier for your sleep.

Excellent hospitality, great location, nice clean and comfortable rooms

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

There was nothing we did not like.

We appreciated that the reception and other staff were well-versed in English. We appreciated that parking was free. We liked the force of the shower head. An English-speaking TV news channel would have been nice. It was less expensive by nearly half to stay in the La Reserve a few hundred yards within the French border than to stay in the hotels in Geneva proper.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

This hotel is my home in Geneva (although it is not exactly located in Geneva). Every time I visit Geneva, I stay at La Reserve. Every Saturday morning, I enjoy visiting market in the centre of the village, which is only 10 minutes walk. Every time I check-in at the hotel, first, I go for shopping at the Carreffour, a big super market, only 5 minutes walk. Staff are all very friendly and helpful, 24 hours a day open reception, which makes me feel very safe. Whenever it is available, I stay here.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Slightly far from village center. The hotel faces the main national road so it's quite busy traffic.

Location and value for money. Fernay Voltaire is excelllent village town to stay as an alternative to Geneva center.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Old carpets and stained, filthy furniture. Old in grout in bath. Incredibly loud breaking of concrete and reconstruction going on all day on lower floor. No warning was given when reservation was made the week before that this would be going on. Made working from room almost impossible most of the day.

Large room, great AC, very close to airport, shopping and Geneva city centre. Nice pool area (although pool not open yet). Most staff were friendly. New appliances in kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The rooms were very clean & comfortable. Very handy to have a kitchenette. Traveling with a family of 5 (including teenagers with big appetites!) it was great to be able to buy our own food & eat it there, and to prepare sandwiches etc to bring with us. A big carrefour supermarket across the road was an added bonus. The man at reception was very friendly & helpful. There was a bus stop beside the hotel with a great (though pricey!) service to Geneva. Don't forget to bring passports.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Some of the kitchen details need attention;broken tray in fridge and missing cupboard door bumpers.

Very pleasant property. Nice staff and convenient to shopping.

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Plane noise was noticeable through the bedroom window, steam room didn't seem to have working lights, the food choice in the restaurant was limited and the girl working there was pretty rude ( and forgot our chips order). However would still stay here again as a lot better than others I've tried!

Comfy bed, convenient location for early am flight, free parking, small gym and steam room, bar and restaurant on site. Friendly helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

My room absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke, I couldn't believe that when the room was cleaned someone didn't notice how bad the room smelt before it was given to me :(

The bed was really comfy, the room was more than adequate and the facilities were good

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The kitchen is a little tired, balconys are not clean and a little rubbish. Noisy traffic and bar but it was st patrick's day! And there's an Irish bar across the way.

Very nice lobby and bar area. The location was great to get to Auto Show, amenities close by, Awesome bar staff and great drinks! The gentlemen at front desk went out of his way to get is something we needed. Very kind and generous!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Nothing really. Breakfast a bit crowded one morning but no big deal.

Overall very good. Was looking for something close to Palexpo for car show so just needed good location, clean safe etc etc. This fitted the bill. Was a bit dubious as always when you read the odd mixed review, but need not have worried. We booked two rooms but could have managed with one due to the size of the suite and ability to put up sofa bed in sitting room. Staff on desk very helpful. Overall great experience. Easy to get bus into Palexpo if you need or direct to Geneva for just a few Euros. Taxi to show 25chf.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Easy to reach from Geneva airport Spacious living- and bedroom Kitchen including 2 pit stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave Bus stop in front of hotel Large supermarket is near Very clean

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The changed the bedsheets only once, twoles change daily, floor not at all, during the total stay

Room two level , going up and dawn not easy, especially at night

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Pool was closed during winter as it was an open air pool and not heated. Wet sauna had a strange smell and could not stay there more than 5 min The room had a strange smell and walls were not cleaned (especially in the toilet) Breakfast choice was poor and the mandarines too old (white mold) The hotel is max 3 stars quality

The room (apartment) had it's own kitchen, living room and bedroom

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

No English TV channels (but plenty from all over the world) but not a big deal.

Very nice hotel just over the French border, not far from GVA airport. Geneva is accessible via bus or taxi - approx. 30 mins into city centre without travel disruption. Rooms clean and quiet, more of apartment style with kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast 12 euro per person , limited breakfast No Heating system, we had to use AC heater

Very near from Geneva int airport Free parking The room size Small kitchen with all essentially equipments

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

there are no attractions nearby, but you can take a bus to the city centre. it's only 10minutes ride.

the hotel is accessible by bus F from the gare cornavin. very close to carrefour. and they also provide the complete kitchen tools. the family suite is spacious and the bed also comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

Sometimes you can wait a bit to check in or out. Choice at Breakfast could be better.

This medium sized hotel suits most of my requirements. Price is usually very fair. Rooms are spacious. As they also have a small kitchen area, you can cook as well, which gives you more options. Café is nice and food (although not a big selection), is good quality and reasonably priced. Staff are mostly attentive and helpful. There is an outdoor pool and a small gym if you feel like some exercise. Location is ideal for getting to Geneva (where hotel prices are substantially dearer, quid pro quo).