Reviews of Séjours & Affaires La Rochelle Les Minimes

#55 of 85 Holiday rentals in La Rochelle

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Holiday
    • Studio (2 Adults)

It would have been useful to know property was in centre of a university campus. Following sat navigation was extremely difficultired.

Value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Ok needs updating the appartment
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The shower head not able to fix into position ! Simple to repair ! Plugs are not fixed to the wall ! Coming lose and not that clean in the room ! The hot plate in the kitchen needs to be replaced to heat water for pasta takes half an hour

Cosy and comfy
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Really cosy room and comfortable bed. Extremely friendly and helpful lady at reception.very convenient for train station but still just a few minutes walk to center. Breakfast for €8 was great value with buffet of cheese, ham fruit, yoghurt, breads, pastries. If I ever happen to be in Angouleme again, I would definitely stay here!!

Comfortable. Well located for city and Les Minimes facilities. Good parking .
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The bath room was cramped . The hot water tank was uncomfortably close to the shower entrance and over the WCC. Danger of bumping ones head on it.c

Very comfy bed. Pleasant and quiet room. Very god location within walking distance of local shops and city centre.

Friendly staff, but thats the only positive thing
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Sofa instead of real bed, noisy fan, no service (we were out of toilet paper and the towels were not changed). It is probably a students dorm when there are no guests.

Friendly staff, but thats the only positive thing

The location was good with good local transport links to station & centre town
    • Studio (2 Adults)

We didn't see anyone on checkout & worried about just leaving the keys re security on reception desk there was no bell or telephone for a contact

Bed very comfortable

the staff girl who were their she didnt have heart only...
    • Studio (2 Adults)

staff and the behevir of the girl and the sound of other room hurt lot not only that some time oven not working no soap for 3rd day no ne came to ask or how about the place they all ways follow money

the staff girl who were their she didnt have heart only taking about miney i am waitng infront of hotel to go new place i ask them to give me one hour more i will pay for that they ignor me and ask me to go now you have checked out

Staff was very very friendly.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

There is no cleaning of your room for a stay that lasts less than a week. The bed comes out of the sofa and is ok but not super comfortable. And also beware that some rooms have carpetting, so you may want to try and ask in advance for a room without it if you are subject to allergies.

Staff was very very friendly. Location was great (less than 20 minutes by foot from the old city center) and even better for me as I had to go to training sessions (Sport Eté) every morning at less than 10 minutes by foot from this hotel.

Helpful staff and a short walk to the old port but the room wasn't clean - I wouldn't recommend it.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The appartments are student accomodation rented out in the summer and are cleaned and maintained to the standard you would expect of student accomodation. The bedding was clean but the bathroom, WC, fridge, kettle etc were pretty grotty even after the cleaner gave it a second going over.

Comfortable bed and helpful staff.

very bad experience. perhaps the heatwave is responsible, but this is only for students
    • Studio (2 Adults)

No ventilation, apartment block stuck between 2 others, no air current, no fan, no a.c. there was no one at the reception desk to help us find our room, our keys, etc. I had to move to a proper hotel where there were people working and helping me. the location is too far away from the center, at night there is no way of getting around, you are isolated

There was no one at reception, I had no idea how to find my key or my apartment. The apt. was between 2 other buildings and no air current, no fan, no air condition so it was 35 degrees when I arrived Sunday. I could not sleep at all, I was stuck in an oven with nowhere to go. During the day, temperature went up to 38 and on Monday I became ill. I was attending a conference and I had to sleep in the nurses station so I lost all my work meetings. With great difficulty the conference found me a hotel to stay and paid 400 euros to stay in the Kyriad premiere class. At Sejours et Loisirs, there was no one working on the Sunday. I had no instructions how to get to my apartment. There was no one to ask, no one to call, to find out what to do. I have lost 300 euros with Booking.com and I paid 400 euros to Kyriad Hotel, premiere class, La Rochelle. I am looking into what can be done about this. This is not acceptable to have no one on the reception desk to help us. Then, during the heat wave, and people were getting ill, there was no one to even help me change a room. This was a terrible experience, I became ill from the heat, I lost several days of potential work opportunities. i was there to attend a conference and could not.

Difficult beginning but great "continuation"
    • Studio (2 Adults)

When I arrived, there were no staff on duty and the tap came off in the sink and I didn't feel safe, because I felt the building was a bit run down, and I had no idea how to use the blinds, and so couldn't cover the window from prying eyes.

I liked the way that the staff tried to help and how nice they were.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Misleading
    • Studio (3 Adults)

We had booked a 4 night stay and didn't stay there at all !! The general vicinity was very disappointing. It didn't look anything like the photos .... badly kept and no-one out and about. It is not an area we would like to return to at night ! The actual accomodation was basic student accomodation... definitely not what was advertised. Our studio was at the end of a long and dimly lit corridor. It was on the ground floor and had a door leading to the outside area. The glass door had a net/voile curtain hanging on it ..no privacy and felt unsafe. There was an uncomfortable air to the place. Not what we expected and certainly wouldn't reccommend this accomodation . Description should be more specific. Free cancellation option is strongly advised!!

Awesomely comfortable stay
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for the people who are visiting the place first time and want a cheap comfortable stay in La Rochelle.

Not for the older traveller
    • Studio (2 Adults)

As previously stated the seating was not good and gave us a big problem as we could not relax. We were woken in the early hours by the noisy neighbours shouting and playing loud music at 4am and nobody in reception to complain to about it.

Bed was really comfy however there were only upright dining chairs to sit on and no comfy chairs which we found to painful to sit on for long periods. This accommodation is ok for the younger traveller but does not suit middle aged or above. We had to cut our visit short because of this.

Good value for money. Quiet location and easy to walk to the town.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

Very clean room and good location.

great room great price

nothing exactly as advertised

great room great price

Kitchen wasn’t stocked or very clean, room not as nice as...
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Kitchen wasn’t stocked or very clean, room not as nice as advertised. Helpful staff though

It was a good experience. But, I'm not sure whether I will recommend someone there.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

No housekeeping for an entire week The bathroom is extremely small

It was just fine for the value of my money.

the location is great.

the heat wasn't working

the location is great.

Perfect for my needs
    • Studio (2 Adults)

I would have like a toaster in the room or the dining room facility to be opened on weekend

Very conveniently situated, very quiet

Great value for money. Friendly welcome and only a short walk to the old port. Quiet
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Comfy bed and good shower. Value for money

great location very centeral.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

would have liked a bigger balcony a bit cramped.

great location very centeral.

The bed was unconfortable.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The bed was unconfortable.

Adequate apparthotel near la Rochelle centre
    • Studio (2 Adults)

WiFi could have been a bit more stable but wasn't too bad

Adequate

Do not book this property
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The noise in the building kept us up until 5.00amThe police were called but the noise continued

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Staff was helpful

Noisy Sofabed

Staff was helpful Clean throughout Aquarium, Maritime Museum, Cinema, Mcdonalds, Club & Corner shop within 10 minutes walk. Just cost €1.30 to or from Airport by bus.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

On return to La Rochelle, this was my first choice to stay.

On return to La Rochelle, this was my first choice to stay... as on our last visit, I found this a very comfortable hotel that provides excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Nice room with the most comfortable bed we have encountered...

A tiny detail, but the shower tray was very slippery... we ended up putting some non slip matting of our own down.

Nice room with the most comfortable bed we have encountered in numerous hotels in France. The kitchenette is basic... but good enough to do breakfast and simple evening meals. There is a kettle (perhaps they have responeded to other comments). At the price, one cannot expect daily room servicing, but as we were booked for 10 days, our room was serviced halfway through our stay. The hotel is halfway between Port les Minimes and La Rochelle old town, so one can access either with ease. Helpful, friendly staff too!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

the apartment was okay and clean

the apartment was noisy due to the students that celebrated on their balconys all night long. In addition it is located 30 minutes by foot to the city centre.

the apartment was okay and clean

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Value accommodation, comfy bed, small but functional...

Dirty - communal hall/stairs not cleaned during the entire week we stayed. Room not cleaned and towels/sheets not changed all week - found out later this costs an additional 14euros a night. Very out of the way location.

Value accommodation, comfy bed, small but functional kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

There was on street parking in the area without charge.

It was not clear when booking that these are the University of La Rochelle's residences. The facilities are as expected of university accommodation, but not a hotel. The accommodation was reasonable, but its location (15 minute walk) from main town/harbour should be clearer. However, this is not all bad (see other comments).

There was on street parking in the area without charge. It was quiet and therefore no disturbance during the night.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Good value.

It is located in university campus. Hard to find, even with good sat nav. When I phoned for directions, was told the address on web site was wrong. Eventually found building but no signage for reception. Found it round back. Staff pleasant but confused. Our rooms were reasonably spacious but one bathroom smelled of urine. Reasonably pleasant after all this.

Good value. About 1 km to La Rochelle centre. Reasonably clean.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Excellent, very friendly and welcoming staff who do a great...

Old, very basic cooking facilities. Hardly any washing up liquid provided, as well as very minimal, old crockery and utensils. Very tiny cooking area with not enough surfaces.

Excellent, very friendly and welcoming staff who do a great job! Close proximity of bus stop which has an excellent service to all sights. Good location.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

I stayed there for five days and except the relatively long...

I stayed there for five days and except the relatively long walk needed to get to the centre of town (which may be an issue for someone but wasn't for me), everything about the place is good if you're not looking for a high level hotel accommodation but rather a cozy and peaceful place within a university campus. I loved it.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Very helpful staff.

On our arrival difficult to find the hotel and even the taxi driver did not know where the hotel was.

Very helpful staff. Easy access to the main town Good location for food and restaurants After we checked out we were able to leave our cases until we had to go to the airport, making our last day enjoyable too.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

The place was very close to the University and with lots of...

Distance from the harbour side. Room had an odd smell initially. Internet was great sometimes but terrible most other times. No hallway lights.

The place was very close to the University and with lots of shops around. The overall experience was great given the costs.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

I liked the location, it was quiet and not far from the...

I wished that l had a comfortable bed that l could sleep in, not a sofa bed! I also would have liked to have a kettle to make a hot drink in the evening!

I liked the location, it was quiet and not far from the centre

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

This apartment was spotlessly clean, it had a lovely south...

It was a good 20 minute walk to the centre of la rochelle. Buses ran every 15 minutes vey punctual for €1:30 would be there in 5-10mins. The beach was 30mins away by walk but 10mims by bus

This apartment was spotlessly clean, it had a lovely south facing balcony. Staff were extremely friendly. Good value

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Everything was great.

Leaving.

Everything was great. The friendly staff, the spotless large room, the location....loved it.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Felt like student accommodation.

Felt like student accommodation.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

Location to the marina

No kettle

Location to the marina

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

We could self cater well.

It is student accommodation but good.

We could self cater well. We could walk to the centre ville. Bus system was great.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.