Reviews of Residhome Paris Opéra 4 stars

30 Rue Joubert, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#274 of 1,454 Holiday rentals in Paris

Our stay was over expectation regarding the quality of the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Our stay was over expectation regarding the quality of the stay and think that we got excellent value for our money. Nice and helpful staff made it a vacation to remember. Also, it was very near the Metro station Sant Lazare and even walking distance to Musée du Louvre, making it easy to explore Paris. Less good was the attitude of a couple French people in shops that was, believe it or not, unfriendly (even rude) since we did not know the language. The advice before the trip was to learn some French phrases so we did, but it didn´t help. Very bad.

• Studio

no AC, it was sweltering. Attitude of the staff meandered from being helpful in words but not in action to being actually dismissive. We changed the room but the problem was not solved even in the other room. They kept on waiting for a technician that did not ever appear. The room was always hot and we had open the windows which was a challenge given the rain and outside weather differential. This was very disappointing because we had such high expectations based on other reviews. I had a stay with this property booked through an official event website that meant that I was stuck with them for the next 7 days without an improvement in their attitude or the room.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Maybe it was just our room (606), but the facilities are a little rough around the edges - some old mold in the shower and scratched up flooring and paint in some areas. Little things that add up to this place not quite being 5 star. I didn’t feel dirty in the room though, I do believe the cleaning staff did a good job on a daily basis of making the room feel fresh.

The room was spacious and there were a lot of tables/chairs/closets to store clothes/unpack. The towels were really nice quality. Free coffee/tea in the room, bottled water and some toiletries (soaps, shampoo, lotion, shoe shine, cotton pads) The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was amazing, we could walk to most destinations or take a short metro trip to farther areas. Lots of good restaurants in the area and shopping, pharmacies, bakeries, patisseries, etc. I would definitely come again just because of the perfect location for our trip.

The lighting was a bit darker than I would prefer. But again this is personal.

The location is very good. There is a kitchenette which is very useful to make some own cooked food.

Considering the price what we got was not sufficient
    • Large Studio

The appartment was no more than a double room with a small room where an extra bed was placed. Consequently, not much space offered for three people.

Location is excellent

small kitchen.
    • Studio

too small. noisy place even I asked for a quiet room, I got the room next to the street with noisy singers outside. bad windows with no insulation. noisy aircon. the whole place needs to be upgraded.

small kitchen.

Hidden Gem
    • Studio

None. Eveything is perfect for us.

The room is very cozy & everything you need is in there. It has its own mini kitchen & its very spacious too. The location is very good too. It’s near the train station & shopping stores.

Location was 10/10. Most of the famous landmarks were less than 30 minutes walk away
    • Large Studio

I picked this hotel because most other hotels had no smoking rooms only mentioned. This hotel did not. So, I assumed this hotel had smoking rooms. But in reality, this hotel was also a no-smoking hotel. Maybe they should mention this to us.

Extremely helpful staff from before my check-in until my check-out

Love it and will come back again and again and again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Should provide coffee machine filters and refill amenities daily for guests staying more than 1 night.

It's my second time to stay here at residhome and am always happy w the accommodation and staff. ABDEL is the best!!! Perfect location as it is just above RER station and it's in the heart of Paris.

Perfect!
    • Studio

The location is superb, and the staff is very helpful. The room was pre warmed with a small electrical warmer which really came in handy. The bed is so comfortable and clean, and I really enjoyed my stay.

Good location.
    • Studio

Air France lost my bag but the staff were not interested and didn’t offer any advice or help by providing emergency toiletries etc, unlike the Novotel where I stayed previously.

Location is great, next to the big shops and st Lazard station. It’s good to have the little kitchen.

Best Appartement hotel I have ever stayed in!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

First time I do not have anything negative to say about a hotel.

I do travel a lot and this hotel apartment is the best I have ever stayed in. From the people at the reception, to the comfort of the apartment to the location of the hotel it is a win win situation. I will not book anywhere else, we had a fantastic stay.

Just okay nothing special
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The kitchen staff was so rude, the buffet for breakfast was not worth £13 , no more food when we got there at 8:30 am, and staff was just so rude and unprofessional.

Location is great very close distance to the Resto and the church.

For this price,you can get better.
    • Large Studio

The room is quite big( paris style big, not normally big), but it is quite old. Floor should be fixed, i think in our room there was a flood before, so all the floor seems really bad and make strange noise, while you walk. Bathroom is a disaster, spend 10 minutes while catching a magic moment of water temperature in which I shall not boil or freeze to death.

Quite. Really quiet, if your room is not facing the street. Bed is really soft! Location is great, just across the street there is a food store, so you can get anything you want,and prepare it on your mini-kitchen:)

Lovely apartment hotel
    • Studio

Incredibly rude receptionist who spoke in monosyllables. He was unwelcoming to say the least. Take your ear plugs as early morning trucks are very noisy.

Beautiful apartment hotel in good position. Well equipped and plenty of room.

Great Stay! Definitely a keeper this one.
    • Large Studio

The fact that the lights went out in a middle of the night, but only one night. But the staff managed to fix it before the wee hours of morning. Thank you very much.

The moment we went out from the train station, turn left, and ResidHome was there! It was so close. And the metro stations are allin around 50 m or so... so everything is so strategically close by! We were so blessed! I love the fact that the room was super spacious! We booked the large studio, and owh my we loved it! the sofa bed was bigger than we anticipated, and my daughter enjoyed "swimming" alone on the bed. The check in was a breeze, and the Kenya our receptionist was very helpful. She speaks great english, and was very informative. I loved the kitchenette so that we can cook for our little one and breakfast! They did not refil the coffee and sugar but it was okie, Monoprix Supermarket is just across the street!

OK
    • Studio

The services are not up to the mark, if you need any room emergency service in the night, it is not available. Staff is just ok. for 1 full day, no internet and when i describe them technical problem, since i am from IT background, they accept the issue from their side.

location only, it is middle of the heart, if you are walking friendly, you can visit 60% tourist sites. plus 3 stations are near by and 1 station(hussman) is next to residhome building.

A bad decision considering they had inhuman tendencies to take care of its guests. bad service
    • Studio

Unfriendly/arrogant/crazy staff members, hotel policies very bad. Nobody to carry our luggage to our rooms. No toothbrush. Not enough soaps. Pathetic staff members. Hotel was good but staff was extremely pathetic and had dirty/ insensitive mind.

Only good point is location was good. But hotel staff was crazy. First day, they didn't allowed us to stay in the hotel citing reasons that we need to change our booking. We waited for 3 hrs but finally had to find another hotel for our stay. Ridiculous Hotel, crazy staff, crazy policies. No toothbrush. No basic facilities. Extreamly insensitive staff members.

Old hotel in great location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The AC in our room was not cooling properly. The lift seems to take half a minute for one floor.

The location is great but the hotel seems very old. The rooms are clean and with kitchen but nothing fancy. There is a metro station in same building and lots of eateries and shops nearby.

More a budget economy 3 star hotel than a 4 star hotel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

An adequate hotel that only provides in-room Teabags and sugar on day one and not on the remaining days of the stay. Very cheap approach for a "4 star" hotel that is completely out of line with all other hotels that I have ever stayed in. Breakfast was very basic. Good location and plenty of space.

A quiet hotel in the heart of Paris
    • Studio

The size of the room was a bit small but we made it work well.

The room was well appointed as well as being quiet. We requested a quiet room when booking the room and that is exactly what we got- we are very thankful. We slept very well!! The hotel's location is very good, we walked to most tourist sites, which worked so well

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Brief stay in Paris
    • Studio

The room was shabby. The furniture was rickety. There was no sofa as was shown on the photos. Bathroom cabinets were chipped and water damaged. Bathroom light fitting was broken. The crockery was shipped and nothing matched.

Good location. Within walking distance to great shopping, historical sites and restaurants.

Great position, good facilites.
    • Studio

The air conditioning was not working for most of our stay, the serviceman came each day to try to fix, everybody was complaining as the temperature was 33degrees. They upgraded us to a larger suite, still no air cond until last night ( we stayed 4 nights), they did refund one night accommodation to make up for the inconvenience.

The position was great, right near the best stores in Paris, a convenient supermarket around the corner and the kitchen facilities of each room.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Exceptionally amazing place to live
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The secondary bed was a bit uncomfortable because of its loud squeaking.

The entire experience was exceptionally amazing. Everything was beyond our expectation. I would definately stay at the same property the next time I visit Paris. Awesome eateries and public transport connectivity around the property.

Just an OK stay
    • Large Studio

1. The housekeeping did not refill the coffee nor cleaned the cups. 2. The Front Desk staff was not helpful at all when I called to say I left something in my room after I checked out. She told me to call back at the time when she is already off. Had to talk to a new person, and had to wait for a long time for nothing. Wasted my time for the long distance phone call.

The property is beside shopping malls and about 3-minute walk from the Metro.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Relaxed stay at the Residhome Paris Opera.
    • Duplex Apartment

In the downstairs area it would have been nice if the bed was of the pull out sofa variety so that we could have sat on a sofa during the day. I don't mind the stairs but folk need to be aware there only seems to be the one small lift in the accommodation and you can wait some time for it to arrive. You can leave luggage at the property on day of departure but it is not tagged and the cupboard is open for anyone to take what they like and no check made.

We really liked the apartment feel to this property and the fact that the accommodation was on two floors. It gave my teenage son some privacy in the evenings when we were relaxing watching tv. The fact that there were two toilets one on each floor was great. The bathroom was nice and plenty of clean fluffy white towels, toiletries and bathrobes were provided. Plenty of space to pull out the table and have a proper breakfast sitting up together which is important for us as a family. There were also lots of nice treats provided drinks, biscuits and good quality chocolates which we were not expecting. Another bonus was that the Monoprix, FNAC and really nice new shopping centre Le Havre were really close by. The staff were all really pleasant and happy to help with any questions. The apartment was cleaned every day with fresh towels and the beds made up.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Nice place
    • Studio

A few items could use upgrading like the elevator and the shower plumbing.

Great location. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Multiple metro stops within walking distance.

Very average
    • Studio

Room was too hot. Room perhaps too small for even one person. Shower difficult to adjust. Room key keeps needing to be reset often. Lift was too slow

Location was good

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Underperformance
    • Duplex Apartment

Unfortunately, for EUR 155.00 per night you get a cold room, one-time generosity of tea-coffee and toiletries, no sound isolation and of course black long hairs in your bed. The room was booked for 3 people and due to unknown reasons there were no slippers at all and only two sets of towels.The staff is not helpful at all.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Duplex Apartment

Found hair in the bath when I checked in. Advice- should give a luggage card/paper when keep the luggage in the reception. Otherwise people might take the wrong luggage.

Perfect location!!!! Extremely convenient.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Pleasant stay but it could be made to feel more homely than a hotel.
    • Duplex Apartment

on day of arrival, staff at reception were less friendly even though it was not busy. I had to pay all upfront which was odd. Lifts were slow and one was not working. Only 3 capsules of coffee for 5 days!!! Stairs were very steep and decor too bare.

Location - quiet - had a problem with shower that got repaired on the day - some staff were extremely friendly ie lady who kept asking me how I was and gentleman on my last day-

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Comfortable could have been bigger
    • Large Studio

Room was on front of hotel so woken early morning by deliveries to opposite building. Room not big enough when extra bed for child put in.

Comfortable clean beds

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

A very nice hotel in the center of Paris
    • Studio

Great location with so many Metros and stations around the hotel. And of course the friendly staffs are awesome (special shout out for Hemimi and Abdel they were very helpful and nice). We will definitely keep on returning here for our stays in Paris.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Absolutely better than a 4 star hotel!
    • Duplex Apartment

You can buy tickets to Louvre, which is a bit more expensive to skip line, which they recommended, but I dont recommend.

I stay in Paris once every two months and this is the most recent and best find. It is worth every Euro. Location is the best, it is close to Monoprix, which is a big supermarket right around the corner 1min away. PER is also 1min away, which is the best location to go to Disneyland. It is 2min from Printemps Haussmann. Very clean, very nice staff. I forgot my bb mobile phone when I left and asked them to find it and keep it for me till I came back to Paris, which they did. They were the best staff ever. During my stay the front desk called me by name and said hello and asked if I needed anything when I was just passing by the front door, where do you get that kind of service these days. You can get a discount ticket for Disneyland at the front desk, much cheaper.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

good location and perfect service!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The location is very connivence! It near the subway and train station and shopping center. The room is clean, quiet and perfect for three people to live. Also, all the stuffs are so friendly. One of their stuff in the front desk called Hemimi helped us a lot and treated us like friends. Since we cannot speak French, He helped us to book tickets and asked some tourism information for us. We will definitely live in this hotel again, and please contact us when you travel to my county!

good location and perfect service!

• Studio

One light is broken, so a little dark

Good location Clean and comfortable room Kitchen is very good

Enjoyed our stay.
    • Studio

Very small room, but had all the conveniences.

In a great district and so close to the metro and market right across the street.

Good facilities

Good facilities

The location is quite nice
    • Duplex Apartment

One very slow lift for many rooms. Approximative cleaning.

The location is quite nice

Next time we will request a larger room
    • Large Studio

Room was crowded for three people.

Wonderful location!

Facility is new and modern.
    • Duplex Apartment

The location is not easy to get a taxi.

Facility is new and modern. The hotel employees are helpful.

Great location, easy access to the major sightseeings

Great location, easy access to the major sightseeings

Comfotable
    • Studio

Location . Kindly staff .

Perfect location;

Perfect location; big rooms

Outstanding location
    • Large Studio

Excellent location and very friendly staff

I will be back if visit Paris
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The staff very friendly and helpful. The location very great surround with restaurant and cafe and shopping place.

Actually my third time at this hotel. It’s location is fantastic!
    • Studio

Room size a bit small especially for a couple with 2 suitcases!

Location, service

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Access is restricted .No pass through road

Surrounded by shopping malls

Not really good

Room

This apartment is perfect for those who like to shop

Near from the shopping center

Very good time to spend in Paris and stay in this hotel.
    • Large Studio

The room is too small for 3 people.

The staffs are very friendly. The location is very great. It is near train station and shopping mall.

Good location but services need improvement
    • Duplex Apartment

The services could be better

The hotel staff could be friendly and more helpful, the housekeeper did not put any coffee after cleaning the flat.

Confortable
    • Studio

Perfect could not fault one thing
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Everything the staff are amazing and so helpful. Loved the location and I am so happy with everything

Great hotel and location. Helpful staff many thanks to Hemee (hope his name is right)

No thing

It was ok

Excellent locatin, friendly staff

Rooms are small

Excellent locatin, friendly staff ComfergviAnd Clean

It was a great travel to paris special you for my kids they enjoy too much

Personal behaviour very nice

Perfect location and family friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great place for families with young kids. Plenty of metro/RER/bus stations close by

Room size

Cleanness and location

The. Location is perfect

Cleaness

The. Location is perfect

Very comfortable and clean room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Very comfortable and clean room. Nearby supermarket and departmental store. Easy access to the Metro Station.

We had free upgrade.

We had free upgrade.

Good family accommodation
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Great family hotel. Reception staff, particularly Nafy very friendly and helpful. Metro and supermarket both only a 2 minute walk away.

close to metro 300 metre, next to Printemps dept next to...
    • Studio

close to metro 300 metre, next to Printemps dept next to monprix supermarket , next to one RER

Great places to stay for those who loves shopping.
    • Studio

Great places to stay for those who loves shopping..

• Large Studio

The location was excellent. The service and courtesy excellent. The servicing of the room during the visit great.

Great boutique hotel near Galeries Lafayette
    • Studio

room was clean and tidy, equipped with a small kitchen and space for dining. Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Superb location

Superb location

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

good stay

small kitchen

Hotel location is very central.
    • Large Studio

Cleaning is not very good.

Hotel location is very central. You can every place by walking.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017