Reviews of Residhotel Villa Maupassant

8 Rue De La Verrerie, 06150 Cannes, France

#284 of 381 Holiday rentals in Cannes

5.9

6.1

I wouldn’t wish this place on my worst enemy.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

I wouldn’t wish this place on my worst enemy. Rooms disgusting, location horrible, no A/C, absolutely no redeeming qualities. Do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Amazing pools, out dated apartment.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The beds in the living room were metal fold out beds. They were really old and uncomfortable. The entire apartment was in need of redecoration and it definitely needed air con!!! The French guests were given rooms with air con ... The staff were not at all friendly, even when we were.

My family loved the two large swimming pools. The apartment was close to a bakery and two supermarkets. You could easily catch a bus into Cannes (number 1 or 2).

Looks great on photos, not exactly what you get in real life..
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Train is right beside the hotel so you can imagine what the noise is like... no air conditioner so it is very very hot in the apartment, and the fan that is in there doesnt help much. Overall apartment is in a bad state, paint is chipping of the furniture in bathroom, bathroom itself was quite dirty and all the furniture is very worn and need to be replaced. Staff personnel was sway from reception in 90% we were passing by. Overall stay wasnt too bad, but definitely not coming back there. Ever.

Place was near the beach and you get a very nice view from the balcony, kitchen is well equipped.

Basic apartments but ideally located for beaches
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The apartments are basic but equipped well enough. The major downside is the location of the railway line right beside the property. It can be very noisy when trains go by especially if you are out on your balcony. Inside with all doors closed it’s not nearly as bad. Also there were very few trains running during the night.

The accommodation had a lovely pool area that was well maintained. There is security guard in pool area ensuring that loungers are not reserved which means that you can usually get s lounger at any time of day which is good. The property is situated right beside great beaches. There is a lovely promenade which great for walking into Cannes. There is also a train station close by which is one stop into centre of Cannes or can be used to visit lots of resorts along the Côte d’Azur.

We have had, so far, no doubt the most crazy experience...
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

We have had, so far, no doubt the most crazy experience I've ever had. And that is despite my long work within the tourism industry. When we entered our room we where met by your maintenance worker. I'm sure you prefer not having your staff in your rooms when your guests arrive...  (The front desk should be informed about this). Instead of showing him off I immediately walked around the rooms to test lamps and more having experience in this things in my proffession. It turned out the floor was not cleaned at all (really disgusting it was) and a lamp was broken... When it was time for bed for our small kids, not only one but 3 (!!) beds were broken! I phoned your central dispatch but they could not speak English! I'm sure we are not the only international guests at your hotels... After several phone calls (which cost a fortune internationally) we got to speak to one that could English. He gave us a key to an emergency room but then it was to late for us to change room with all the languages, tired kids and all so we had to sleep in the worst beds ever. Also we only got 3 pillows  !!  so I had to run down to the front desk, get the room key to the emergency room and pick a pillow from there. The next day the maintenance man came and fixed the 3 beds so instead of going to the pool we were stuck in our room. We wanted to make sure it was done well and also ask him to remove stickers under some new pots (besides that we had to scrub one old pot from food leftovers - gross!). Had we not seen the stickers they could have catched a fire when put on a hot plate. I have seen this at our tourist office...  Really dangerous! And about that. Apparently it is supposed to be a fire alarm in the bedroom. There is only the brick you attach the fire alarm to. The fire alarm box is missing (the one that has batteries and gives a sound if there is a fire!).

This is not a hotel.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The staff was not helpful. They are only there for couple of hours in weekday. Extra charge for towels, no cleaning, have to clean the flat if you stay over 6 days? Otherwise you have to pay. All the beds are single.

Location, balcony

DO NOT STAY HERE - AWFUL CONDITION
    • Studio

I travel regularly and I can honestly say this is the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in. Despite low rates and being advertised on such a trusted booking site you would expect basic needs to be met at least. When arriving at the hotel there was no hotel staff at all as they are barely staffed throughout the day, I had to talk to a lady through the buzzer who was extremely rude and not the polite staff or host you would expect. After retrieving my key from a safe which I was given a code to access, also has various other keys in causing a complete breach of security for the other guests. When we arrived on our floor the corridors were completely pitch black due to there energy saving lights that constantly flick on and off, leaving me and my friend feeling completely scared and unsafe. When we arrived in our room it was not like the photos, the bed looked like one from prison, the room was extremely old and tired. The floors with lots of black marks, the bath was in disgusting condition. The lighting is extremely poor with very old heating system. The next morning I asked them if we could leave the following day because of the issues above but they refused, there was a polite gentleman on the desk trying to talk to us but shockingly in the background there was a horrible women with curly hair whom I assume was his manager bossing him around and telling him what to say to us. She told him to tell us they could not do anything and they would still charge our card if we left. The lady on reception gave the worst customer service I have ever witnessed she was horrible. Lastly we were relieved on the last day of check out but whilst getting ready to leave for check time of 11am one of the hotel staff came banging on the door with the cleaner beside her at 10:50am asking us if we were ready to leave ! i felt sad for the cleaner, immediately i thought if this is how they treat their guests they must treat their staff even worse.

location to the sea

Not worth the money at all very disappointed
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Very disappointed not value for money was not worth £546 at all bed look like sheets wasn’t change poor facilities I was really upset to be honest it’s nit cannes as well it’s La boca 20 min from Cannes no food sells there, kettle didn’t work very poor

Dismal and uncomfortable with very little sleep!
    • Studio

the photos on booking.com did not reflect the property. The rooms were old, tired, shabby, and dirty at places. We had 3 rooms between us and they were all the same tired and dirty. My wifi didn't work in the room yet it worked in others. I would not stay there again and was so grossed out and disappointed that I moved in with my colleague so we only used two rooms for two nights only. Even her apartment had stains on the bed and very dirty bath. I wasn't expecting luxury for what we paid for but cleanliness and photos to reflect the property. I would recommend seeing the reviews on trip advisor. We didn't stay the full 3 days as booked but moved to an airport hotel instead for our last night.

the view of the outside would be nice if facing the beach.

Disgusting, unsafe and not fit for humans, or indeed animals to stay
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Everything. The place is filthy and unsafe. Yes, it is cheap but that should mean basic, not so filthy and unsafe that we had to check out almost immediately. I would not recommend to anybody and how companies such as Booking.com can be a platform for such places to advertise is disgusting.

Nothing. There was nothing to like.

Loved the holiday. Spent most time out exploring Cannes.
    • Studio

Dirty bath tub at the property and ants in the bathroom :( There is a note to clean up all the kitchen at the end of our stay (as the washing up liquid and sponge are provided) and chargeable fee of €57 if we don't clean. However we had to buy all the cleaning stuff as there wasn't any (so that we don't get charged). Poorly stocked kitchen (no kettle, no knives).

Beach, Local food. Excellent fruit and veg market nearby. Baclony view, walks around on promenades. Friendly locals. Cannes is beautiful city.

Rooms need a renovation: high price for low quality
    • Studio

- The condition of our appartment was poor: - doors, furniture, walls, and bathroom was worn and slightly damaged - bathroom was not completely clean (hair on floor) - the opening times of the reception are insufficient - it is always sad to see when a residence owner is only interested in a nice face (the foyer looks clean and modern), but the rooms (at least ours) is bedraggled - as we felt uncomfortable, we did not sleep in this residence, but we didn't get anything of the money back.

+ friendly lady at reception desk for check-in + big balkony + kitchen in room

Expensive for what it is
    • Apartment with Sea View (2-4 Adults)

Location, cleanliness,ridiculous check in and check out times. Just two hours of the reception was open. I was overcharged taxes that weren't add to the booking.com profile. AVOID

The viewing

One night stay

Dirty kitchen, kitchen utensils and bathroom. Dirty courtains and windows. The guests are requested to remove garbage from the room and undo the beds. Plenty of mosquitos. Noisy. No air-conditioning in each room.

Close to the beach.

The pictures looks nothing like the property itself - false...
    • Studio

The pictures looks nothing like the property itself - false advertising, cheap price but would have been happy knowing what it would look like before arrival.

The beach is very close to the hotel
    • Studio

Towels are not included in the price. Nobody in the reception before the afternoon. Important to read the information about the cleening of the room! It was difficult to find out what we should do-cleen or not? The information was not easy to read and we didn't find someone to ask...

The beach is very close to the hotel

Has a nice feel to it, but is a little tired...
    • Studio

I found the room very tired it only had net curtains but they were black at the top and there was a watermark under the window. The wallpaper was peeling off as well. There was a lot of traffic so was noisy to sit out on the balcony, I was travelling alone but there was only one chair out there. I read in the book that you needed to do the cleaning before you left and empty the bins or you would be charged 58 euros. I had been there less than 24 hours and swept and there was a lot of dust and dirt more than I could have created. The shower didn't have a hook so you needed to hold it up over you. It was the cheapest place for the time I was looking for...

Nice pool area Beds were comfortable Well equipped if you were eating in Washing up liquid and sponge provided

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

It's odd this hotel .

The poor reception . There is no one

It's odd this hotel . Reception is barely open yet they expect you to clean the apartment before leaving and even Window cleaning . Apartment wasn't clean to my standard to start with. Very poor pillow that shrinks with beds. To access swimming pool you need a code and a wristband . I got told off for wearing flip flops around the pool .

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

More of an apartment and less of a hotel
    • Apartment with Sea View (2-4 Adults)

If staff had been there to assist us with a problem. No one was available even though they should have been open. Not happy that I had to the dishes and take out the garbage

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Awesome spacious water front view
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The couches in the living room doubled as beds. It would have been nice if there were more blankets for the couches.

I was super impressed with the space and location. This hotel has water front views!!!! The balcony was awesome! The room was large enough for a small family. There was a nice bedroom, kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The room was clean, a little weathered from use, but we enjoyed it none the less. I was so glad to have a kitchen and water front view.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

good location
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

apartment is cleaned by guest before you awful smell in the fridge almost impossible to park on the street to unpact the car

good location bus stop and train station nearby free parking 100m (paid garage parking only with reservation) free wifi

Got seaw.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Got seaw. Update, that had a Lot to do with a good stay and value for money😊

Very unclean, doors were broken.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Very unclean, doors were broken. Photos didnt do justice at all. Will never visit this place again

• Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Bad check in experience. The front desk only opens after 5pm.

Good location.

Beautiful sea view from our room.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The state of the bathroom.

Beautiful sea view from our room.

The space and the pool

The staff work only 3 hours per day

The space and the pool

It’s been a wonderful family vacantion!
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

It’s been a wonderful family vacantion! We see 71 film Festival Cannes...we go to Monaco too. Vila Maupassant is very good for the money that we pay!

Price

Bathroom

Price

I don't recommend it to anyone
    • Studio

unconfortable and not clean enough

Bad ventilation in bathroom

lack of basics - toilet rolls, dish clothes, etc

lack of basics - toilet rolls, dish clothes, etc

very close to a wonderful sandy beach, in walking distance...

no towels

very close to a wonderful sandy beach, in walking distance to the centre of Cannes, a swimming pool behind the hotel

We had a pleasent staying
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Rooms were not cleaned very well when we arrived.

Good place for families travelling with kids, great pool arkea, spacy rooms.

clean rooms very basic but ok value for money for cannes.
    • Apartment (2-4 Adults)

clean rooms very basic but ok value for money for cannes.

No air conditioning

No air conditioning

Will definitely return

Overall very enjoyable

Wide and clean in the room.
    • Studio

Interruption Wifi and Handphone in Hotel. Nobody in the desk of Hotel all time.

Wide and clean in the room.

Good location, no frills accomodation
    • Studio

No frills accomodation which is fine but not hugely clean

Good location near the beautiful beaches with some nice local cafes and restaurants near by

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Studio

Reception working not much time

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The apartment was very nice, clean and near to the beautiful...

Wifi was little slow.

The apartment was very nice, clean and near to the beautiful view of beach.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

receptionist hours too short. no convenient

2 to 3 days clean up the room

can cook all the day.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

nice location no parking,old building

no parking old building

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Excellent stay in Cannes
    • Studio

Parking could have been better

Location is close to the beach. Nice swimming pool. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

We were only there for one night, the view was very pretty,...

The room was dirty, like it was not used for a while. The floor was very dusty, and got our socks black. Also, there was hair in the tub and sink. The drawers in the main room were broken, and the beds were not comfortable. Make sure you book parking as there is no place to park on the street. Also, you could hear everything from room to room as well as the trains when they went by. DO NOT purchase the WIFI, for the 7 Euro for the night, it did not work.

We were only there for one night, the view was very pretty, but the electric lines do block some of the beauty. The surrounding area has lots of markets and restaurants. We did have take out and ate on the balcony. We did not get to use the pool, it was too cold. There is a kitchen, and we used it to cook dinner for our son (a very picky eater).

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Accomodation fair.

Pillows. Bed. Reception hours

Accomodation fair. Friendly staff. Inadequate pillows, they were very uncomfortable and bed wasnt much better. Fairly clean. Decent value for money

• Reviewed: 8 January 2016

After 4 days in Verona, my family and I (we were 6 people)...

After 4 days in Verona, my family and I (we were 6 people) headed to the French Riviera to spend New Year there and we stayed for a week at this nice apartment-hotel just about 15 minutes walk from the center of Cannes and situated along the promenade. We occupied a big one bedroom apartment that has a fully equipped kitchen, a living room, a huge balcony with astounding view of the Mediterranean sea, a separate bathroom and a toilet, plus we also had two studios big enough to accommodate 2 persons each. One can avail garage parking for €60 a week but there is no free wi-fi unfortunately! I deem this is necessary that the establishment should provide their guests as added amenity which nowadays is already offered by most hotels and apartels. In addition, the use of towels are being charged too at an extra cost! Well, it's the Cote d' Azur so I guess they believe they are at liberty to charge just about everything at a higher cost. Anyway, I did pay a painful €8.90 for a little bottle of Evian water in St. Tropez, ohhhh geeeee! Nevertheless, I still love the French Riviera, always did and always will... :-)

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

almost nothing

If you are traveling on a budget in Cannes and think about choosing Residhotel Villa Maupassant for your stay, better don't do it. No air conditioning, no free internet, old fashioned apartment. And above all you have to clean everything and take out your garbage or you will pay a fine - which is a joke consindering the apartment is already dirty. The room we got had furniture with a depressing look and bed sheets were in disorder and had hair and make-up on them. Toilet was dirty and the light in the bahtroom was not working. The reception is available only 2 hours per day so if you get there later you might sleep outside. They leave you a key in a safe box, but no one informs you in advance (at least on your e-mail) how you can get to that safe box. Sadly, it was the worst experience ever and I regret not paying more for a better place.

almost nothing

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Nice Hotel close to the beach in La Bocca.

Lack of aircondition (though we new about it). The cleaning of the room was really bad and the equipment to clean it yourself a joke.

Nice Hotel close to the beach in La Bocca. Clean and nice pools.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Location was quite ok but it is outside the centre so you...

Poor apartment, old, in need for renovation, no reception

Location was quite ok but it is outside the centre so you have to take a bus or taxi to go into town

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

The room is much bigger than I thought and it is clean.

It's a little far from the city center but the transports are very convenient. There is no free-wifi provided....

The room is much bigger than I thought and it is clean.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Good location.

The personel would not help me with wifi. Just turned her back on me. We did get some extra toiletpaper but was informed that was not included. The AC worked sometimes. The beds quite hard.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

close to the beach

check in after 4p.m only before that time you cannot enter the hotel. no towels, hair dryer (you need to go to the reception and ask). no toiletries, air con or fan you must clean everything after yourself

close to the beach pets friendly big appartment

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

Spacious appartment, has almost everything for self-catering...

Spacious appartment, has almost everything for self-catering stay, but no kettler and no oven. The side facing the road was very noisy though, ear plugs only helped, probably side facing swimming pool would be much quieter. Bring your own toiletries, toilet paper and waste bags as hotel does not provide them.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

There was a very lovely sand beach near hotel.

We had to wait for 2 hours outside until the reception opens. I had informed about our arrival time a few days before and got the answer "the reception is open from 17-00, thank you for understanding" (((. So, 2 hours from 15h to 17h with suitcases!! With a kid!! On the stone bench! Without WC!!. It was not nice at all. Apart of it the balcony glass was very dirty. The center of Cannes is quite far ~3km from hotel.

There was a very lovely sand beach near hotel. Our appartaments were very spacious with a big balcony. The swimming pool was good and supervised well. The supermarket was 15min of walking, the small shops were very near. The train station Bocca is not far. The buses go often to go to the center.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

Spacious, friendly staff, good value if through Booking.

Wifi is 3€/hour but the price drops hugely over longer periods - I paid 25€ for the week. It is however slow - only really for browsing.

Spacious, friendly staff, good value if through Booking.com - 40€/night for the studio apartment.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

Very friendly staff.

Furniture a little worn. It's like stepping into an apartment of the seventies. Wifi was 3 euros per hour.

Very friendly staff. Great location 2 mn from the sea and from bus stops.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

As a late searcher, I found this address as best financial...

Access and parking. If you ever get to the Hotel out of receptionist presence, It can quickly become a nightmare bumping into closed doors. Parking is on reservation only. Else try next door hotel or public car park. Could make customer journeys more pleasant and user friendly.

As a late searcher, I found this address as best financial compromise during the overcrowded fair. Globally Ok, everything promised is present.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

Very noisy because of the train and they took me twice 1 Eur...

Very noisy because of the train and they took me twice 1 Eur from my Credit card during reservation!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

All was good.

All was good. Very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

The view the appartment had.

The view the appartment had.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Nice location With sea view

No towel and toilet paper

Nice location With sea view

close to beach.

everything.

close to beach.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

A really big apartment, with a large balcony and a beatifull...

A really big apartment, with a large balcony and a beatifull view of the sea

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

The room was for 2 people not 4 and bathroom light wasn't working in the beginning and no air con or help to recieve wifi

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Nice swimingpool.

Far from the city center

Nice swimingpool.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

Big balcony with fabulous view of the coast

Railway right behind the hotel makes some noise

Big balcony with fabulous view of the coast

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Fantastic view and walk to Cannes city (4km)

Paid WiFi drop outs.

Fantastic view and walk to Cannes city (4km)

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Everything appartement was clean nice view over the...

The value of the wifi 3 euro a day was to much

Everything appartement was clean nice view over the street

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

I liked the fact that it was in a central location.

The air conditioning was not good Damp smell to the bathroom TV far too small

I liked the fact that it was in a central location.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

The apartment was lovely with a great view and space

not enough staff and the system is bad. No assistsnce

The apartment was lovely with a great view and space

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

great location

It's a bit old style

great location

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

Facilities very old and worn.

Facilities very old and worn.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Very good location

Parking is 100m away, hygiene is low.

Very good location

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.