Reviews of Hôtel Richard

35, Rue Richard Lenoir, 11th arr., 75011 Paris, France

#1511 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

5.5

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good location, close to Metro and buses, but
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The building needs to be fixed up. The stairways are so uneven they are dangerous.

The shower in the room was too small but it had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The neighborhood was interesting. I liked the view from my room to the buildings across the street, and the view up and down the street, too.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Small but clean. That's all we needed for our stay in Paris.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

- jalousie needed for sure - one curtain is not enough. My husband's naked but after a shower, for sure, scarred a few grannies at the street - REALLY small toilet - my husband's legs kept opening the door (poor sweetheart..) - definitely not sound-proof - you can easily take part in a conversation your neighbours are having

- Voltaire metro station in a 5-minute-walk from the hotel - A few stores close to the place - Auchan, Carrefour - Had a fridge and a kettle

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The hotel is close to underground which is the most...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was staying in the last hight floor which was fking tired to walk up and down because it doesn’t has an elevator. No breakfast provide, shared small toilet and never clean up my room which I booked for 3 nights.

The hotel is close to underground which is the most important thing to travel in Paris. And its the cheapest hotel I’ve checked before going one week if compare with the others closer one.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Read the reviews before!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very old and needed fixing. The toilet is for gnomes, it’s even impossible to close the door. No towels. But there was a shower in the room, although it wasn’t mentioned before, so it was very good. We had only one night in Paris so we needed just to sleep for some time, so it was okay. But it doesn’t suit for living. People wrote about bugs but we haven’t found them, maybe they were damaged. But anyway we didn’t feel safe. It was our mistake to read the reviews after booking the room.

Good location and the stuff was very nice. We are really happy that we’ve spent only one night there.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The room in general was clean.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No place enough in the WC (you cannot close the doors when you are in). Shared toilets were not clean enough. The blanket wasn't good (small and ripped). There were no cups for the tea (although there was the kettle, we couldn't use it)

The room in general was clean. The staff was friendly. The location is good. There was needed equipment for the food making in the room (it is amazing!)

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was fine for two days.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no shampoo or soap solution for bath. Room is small for two people. I wanted to get splitted bill for me and my friend, but they were reluctant to give it. Finally they provided us the same bill by changing the names.

Hotel is very near to the metrostation and easy to reach the main attractions. Room is very clean.

Budget hotel
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The room was not cleaned up during 4 days we stayed, just garbage collected. The hotel should provide more services and information to the tourists, not just hosting. It was hard and took a lot of time for us to find the Open Tour ticket office, which is very close to Opera house. In Vietnam we can access to all of tourist services at the hotel. The staff should be more helpful.

Location and price

The worst hotel I have stayed in
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was in bad repair, noisy No TV basically a hellhole Sewage pipes were in the room and water cascade down them all night the worst

Good value but don't expect too much
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was put up in a dorm room for 4, which I had to myself. It was extremely spartan.

My expectations were low going in, mainly due to the price. After staying there one night I felt that I received good value for the money. The facilities were clean and in working order.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The man who checked us in was really great and flexible with...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No air conditioning but then again no where seems to have AC in Paris.

The man who checked us in was really great and flexible with our needs. Very kind and welcoming! The room was comfortable and met all our needs.

Wouldn't stay here again, despite the location
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was sloping on both sides from the middle and was seriously uncomfortable, the large windows didn't close and lock, the kettle was smashed up - literally missing half of its broken-off lid, it was noisy in the extreme and one of the windows had no curtain so when the sun rose you woke up too. My gf took her aeroplane eyemask so the light didn't bother her but I wasn't so lucky.

Good location and.. er.. reasonable water pressure I guess?

A basic and affordable option for staying in the lively...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I asked for a room on the lower floors but was assigned to the 4th floor. The stairs were old, worn and painted so slippery, it was a little dangerous if I wasn't holding on to the handrail. I couldn't take my luggage to the room because there was no lift and nobody to help me carry it upstairs (so had to store it in the luggage room for my stay). The hotel is located on an unpleasant backstreet with traffic noise. The room was extremely basic with just a bed, small table and plastic chair. The walls were thin and all noises could be heard between. The towels and sheets were in poor condition with rips and stains. No blanket was provided. I would not stay here again and would prefer to pay a little more for a better quality hotel and location.

A basic and affordable option for staying in the lively Bastille district of Paris. Short walk to Voltaire metro station. There was a shower and basin in the room, but the toilet was shared and located between floors at the staircase.

If you pass the entrance...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The structure is an old-fashioned building, build up vertically, it means that it's not easy to access for everyone due to the steep stairs to reach every floor (I stayed in the 5th floor and it was tough to reach it every time :D). At first sight it could be frightening for a traveller due to the small "open" space of the entrance in which you have to necessarily pass to reach every room, but it's just a impression, you can go through it easily! :)

The private room for 2 people seems to be freshly new, with smart design even, and cleared every morning. The hotel is located at 30 meters to the metro station of Voltaire in a lively-young zone of the city!

The fact that check in is only possible after 16:00 pm made...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The fact that check in is only possible after 16:00 pm made us very unsuitable that we had to wait until that time. Additionally the toilets were not smelling fresh and there were no washing basin in the entrance WC

Ok location, lovely staff, great deal.
    • Double Room with external toilet

No air conditioning, but to be fair almost no where in Paris has air conditioning.

Ok location, lovely staff, great deal. Had a refrigerator in the room too. Actually the man we dealt with was really wonderful, letting us elongate our stay several days in a row. He was very accommodating and welcoming, which is a huge plus, especially in Paris!

Basic room in old hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There should be at least electric water boiler in the public area, that you can prepare even instant coffee by yourself.

Well, what can you say... This hotel is one of the cheapest accommodation in Paris and still it's really expensive compare what you get. Room is basic but quite clean and own shower (with hot water) is big plus. Neighborhood is little bit shady but probably just normal suburb in Paris. Staff speaks good English.

Clean and Spacious Room, Linens are white and the floors are...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

You need to climb stairs to carry your luggage,especialy if you are assigned in 3rd floor.

Clean and Spacious Room, Linens are white and the floors are tidy. Bathroom and Rooms are newly renovated with microwave and small refrigerator. Receptionist are accomodating and allows us the check in 1200 instead of actual check in time of 1400.There is a luggage storage where you can keep your luggage while before you check in and after check out. Location is near the bus stop and train station,if i will return back to paris,i will choose again this hotel.

Would never go there again.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nightmare. My room smelled just disgusting. There is a shower in the room which wasn't on use, and the sewer smelled awful. One family kept the whole hotel awake, no staff at night, so there is not so much you can do about the noise. Walls are like papers, you hear everything what is happening outside your room.

Good location. That's all.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

An unfortunate experience
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

BUT! What is your expectation from a hotel room when you are travelling in a tight schedule? Ours were bed, shower and electricity! When we arrived to the hotel at night there were no electricity and all the food that we put in the fridge was already gone bad.. We couldn´t charge our phones and powerbanks and that was a horrible night. When I tried to find someone in charge that I can speak with, there was noone around. Then I called the Hotel by finding the number on internet and the answer was "yeah, it is gone, someone will fix it maybe tomorrow"... Overall it was an unfortunate visit...

The room was looking clean. The receptionist offered us a room with a bathroom.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The hotel is currently (july 2018) under renovation and the...
    • Double Room with external toilet

There's an information on their page that taking shower is not allowed from 11pm to 7am... Which is weird and I must admit I didn't obey that interdiction and nothing happened, so I don't know if they're taking it seriously... But there's such thing. Also on the page it is said that the checkout is at 10am, while in reality it's at 12am (so there's no rush in the morning of your last day there :)).

The hotel is currently (july 2018) under renovation and the rooms are now very comfy and beautiful. I ordered the cheapest option, a double room with a shower and common toilet. I was surprised that when we arrived we actually got a room with private bathroom, not only shower. I can only guess, but maybe it was intentional as there was a lot of noise in our room due to the works in the building and maybe the staff wanted to recompensate. Nevertheless, it was very nice and we loved the room! It was very clean, pretty (the bathroom was lovely!) and equipped with a fridge, a microwave and a kettle. I will surely book a stay there when we will be back in Paris because I can't imagine a better option for such a low price in such a great location! I really feel that all the bad opinions about the conditions in this hotel are out of date now. :)

When we arrived the extremely friendly staff gave us a...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

When we arrived the extremely friendly staff gave us a better room than we had booked! We got our own bathroom, even though we had only payed for a shared bathroom!

It was very cheap and ideal for somewhere to stay in Paris...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel wasn’t very clean and there was no lift available and I had to walk up three flights of stairs with suitcases.

It was very cheap and ideal for somewhere to stay in Paris as it is a very expensive city. The cleanliness is a bit more to be desired for but I booked into an ensuite and it was fine for those two days as I had a toilet, a shower, a fridge and a kettle.

We only needed to stay for one night so it was just ok.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The building is very old and has no lift. The stairs also need renovation. Usually hotels provide toiletries but this hotel did not, except the hand wash.

The location of the hotel is nice. You can reach anywhere with the metro which is nearby.

The price and location are good.

Very basic but ok for a short stay. Let’s be honest you don’t go to Paris for the hotel room!

The price and location are good. We booked a double and a single room but got upgraded to two double rooms with ensuite and the staff were very helpful. Parking was available for €25 per day.

Avoid the first floor rooms at all costs.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The place has bedbugs The bathrooms and showers are not very clean. The wifi is quite slow. It can get very hot in the summer

It was a place to sleep. Towels were provided.

Good location, fiendly, clean and cheap for the neighbourhood.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The owner was really nice, even accept to check in before expected time. If you stay long enough talking with the owner at the reception you can enjoy the AC... The price is great for this location.

Feels like a real Paris studio
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We got a free upgrade with the bathroom inside the room which was great. We looked at the communal bathrooms also and it looked just fine! The hotel was clean and very cheap. Close to the metro and has great parking. Really couldn’t ask for anything more for a short trip to Paris!

Good location, near Metro Station and Cafe.

The Bed not very comfortable

Good location, near Metro Station and Cafe. About 20 minutes walking from Notre Dame. The room good enough with shower and toilet.

Our room was so sweet and clean.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was so sweet and clean. The place is a gem, it looks a little rough from the outside, but the bathrooms are new and everything was so tidy and modern on the inside. The staff were kind and helpful, even with us getting in late!

Awful.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I left my luggage in a room locked under key after doing my checkout. Later, after leaving the hotel, I noticed that some of the money I had left in my suitcase, was missing.

Nothing. Poor bed, unclean bathrooms.

Great location, close to metro and walking distance from Notredame . Great price. I recommend it
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was quite small. They were doing some works in the building in the mornings and woke us up, but wasnt a big deal. There was kettle but not complimentary items. There was no safe box in the room. Reception is not available 24h.

Great location, and great prices on our dates (end of June).

A budget hotel that needs improvement.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The rooms are not Clean. The walls are dirty. There is hair on the towels and sheets. And not our hair! There are bugs in the rooms. We switched rooms because in one room the toilet was in one corner of the room the shower in other corner and the sink next to the bed. It looked totally different from the photos on booking.

The hotel is under developement.

Add sound proof to the walls
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed had bedbugs. 1st room is near the toilet and shower, so you hear how everyone is taking a dump.

The location is quite good, good transport communication. Near metro and bar and shops.

Good stay, would stay again.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Street outside was a little noisy but still managed to sleep well.

We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. Room was very pleasant, clean and had a good view. Towels and bed linen provided. Room had own sink and happened to have a shower despite us not booking a room with one.

Nothing about this hotel.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Did not fit the description provided by Booking.com. More than disappointed. I left, cancelled my stay as soon as I could.

Nothing about this hotel. Appalling hotel, run down, dangerous broken staircase steps and handrails, aggressive manager who demanded payment up front.

Great value for the money, extremely friendy staff
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It is a little dated and eclectic as furniture, but a great value for the money. Photos on the website are real and objective, so it is pretty clear that the hotel offers a basic room, but the location and the kindness of the staff pays for it.

The location of the property is perfect, so close to metro station, shops, restaurants and a bakery. Bus stop just in front of the door. Very friendly staff with perfect english (not always a common thing in France!) We were given a room on the ground floor because of the heavy luggage we had which was a real convenience. Fridge and a microwave oven in the room were a big plus. The bathroom was pretty big for a french hotel.

Don't miss this place! Fair price in Paris! Good to just sleep and wash out to discover the city.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Check-in should be earlier than 16h00. Wi-fi is not the most powerful, but is working. The windows have no blinds, only a courtain.

Fair price. Simple but good place to stay. Rooms are small but confortable. Ask always for a room with private toilet and shower. Very good location with cheap snacks, bar and restaurants in streets near. They are doing renovations on the rooms. 75€ per day is good in Paris for a double room with private WC!

Value for money..
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There's no rack or place to hang the towel or clothing. Room is a bit small. Toilet is shared outside. No kitchen facilities. Ground floor has some concern that the window cannot be opened, because it's just next to the street and ppl can just walk-in through your window...overall, good enough for what you had paid for. And as expected for this price..

Location is good. Close to metro and restaurants nearby. The staff is helpful during check in. Towel is provided. WiFi is free too. Good enough for short stay.. value for money. Self check out in early morning via key-drop.

Price/performance is average
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bedclothes and towels are not clean and the change frequency is low. The personnel is Not helpful

Location of the facility is quite good, very close to the metro station.

The location is great.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was nothing like the picture of the room I booked. There were 5 beds in the room ( like a hostel room ), however I booked a room for 2 people with a double bed and bathroom. There was no kettle - it was suppose to be there. Staff didn’t care. It was cold and rainy - we couldn’t even get some hot water. Everything was really dirty - hair in the shower and 5 almost finished rolls of toilet paper... I was really upset. The window in the room faces really tiny gap between the buildings and somebody can actually get into the room through the rooftop between these buildings. Also it smelled terrible, so we couldn’t even keep the window open.

The location is great. It’s very close to Voltare metro station - 2-3 minutes walk and walkable distance to Notre Dame de Paris ( 30min) and Louvre (25 min from Notre Dame). Locker room.

Good location.
    • Double Room with external toilet

Small rooms without shelves or wardrobe. Good for short stay - one or two nights. There is no kitchen, any breakfast.

Good location. It was near the metro station, supermarket and cafe.

The location was very good.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The towels was changed only once for a 7 nights stayed. There was a lot of hair on the floor when we arrived and during all our stay it was not cleared.

The location was very good. There was a metro station was very close to the hotel 1 min by foot. The staff was very friendly.

Great place to overnight in Paris. Easy access to transportation. walking distance to the Marais.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It's a very simple hotel. Just a comfortable bed and a sink to refresh yourself in the room. W.C. on the landing. Douche in the hallway. The night staff was very friendly and helpful.

There are a lot of great restaurants and cafes close to the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

They only let you check in at 4 pm or later. This wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that at the time of booking, they give you options to choose a check-in slot between 9 am and 12 noon.

There are a lot of great restaurants and cafes close to the hotel. Moreover, the room was clean and comfortable.

Don't do it!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The facilities such shared toilet and room furnishings can be improved.

Only stay there if you are really desperate. The facilities are truly deteriorated and the rooms are super ultra basic. You don't get value for your money whatsoever, but unfortunately, that's just Paris!

Try not to book it here look for better options for the money they charge you!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room smelled sheets where not clean and they were doing construction in room around it noise was just too much! Location like I said was good because it was very easy access to get to places in Paris

It was close to subway station!

Good enough
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was on the ground floor, with a huge window to a busy street. We could not open the window due to the noise and the people passing almost inside the room. As there was no air conditioning, on hot days that was an inconvenience.

The location is very nice. Really close to a metro station. Surrounded by bakeries, mini-markets, bars and restaurants. We booked a room with bathroom outside. When we checked in, they gave us one with shower inside, which was nice and useful.

There was no lift.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no lift. There were bedbugs, loads of them. The bathroom light was busted. The night staff in the reception was not accomodating. We checked out after our first night because of these.

Great value for money!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This is a great value for price, the rooms are pretty basic but the location is amazing in the heart of Paris and the staff was extremely pleasent and helpful.

Good value for money.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some part of the building was under construction and could be pretty noisy. The building has no elevator, so if you're on the top floor, that can be inconvenient. The blankets were old and a bit inadequate.

The staff was friendly and spoke English well. We even got a room upgrade for the same amount of money. The beds are comfortable enough and the rooms had fridges and some other kitchen devices. The view from the top floor where we stayed was nice, giving a nice view of the street. The location is good as well, about 5 minutes walk to the nearest metro station.

You literally cannot close the toilet door as it was poorly...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

You literally cannot close the toilet door as it was poorly built and there’s not enough space. The stairways and corridors were filthy, the room was alright though. The area felt pretty unsafe at the outskirts so female travellers beware.

If you only need a place to put your head it's almost acceptable
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The pictures on the site are old the reality is different. The staff is not good enough. They made several mistakes about my reservation.

Near a metro station.

Simple hotel in good location. Select your room according to your needs.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room had no desk, so no place to put things down except the bed. I had a room with my own shower and WC, which had been squeezed in. Most room appear not to have this, i.e. shared bathrooms in the corridor. Then again, you get what you pay for, and the room was still good value for Paris.

The room had been recently renovated, bed was comfortable and location was good in relation to the metro. Walking distance to Bastille. The room had a fridge and a microwave, which was a nice surprise. I booked a double room with shower and WC for myself, which was good value compared to other rooms in this hotel.

If nothing terrible happened , it would be not bad
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

In the morning of second day, some sounds like water drop wake me up. Then I find some water dropped from upper floor and then falling. Then I found it may not be water because it looks like urine and smells like urine. I ask stuff to change to another room but they said only reception could, and tell me the reception would appear before the noon. Waiting with the smell for about one hour, the manager appear and said what they should do is only clean the "water" for my room but not change to another room. After about 4 to 5 hours, the staff clean the room and put several towels in the surface. At that time I even feel a little appreciate. I really have no idea about how to facing it. And left after the second night.

Public area is not dirty, stuff is nice(although they can not solve any problem)

Bring incense or air freshener
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Stark, bland, you make your own bed, lock on door broken I ask the staff to fix or replace my room.. Answer :"don't worry about it.. It's okay"

Near city center

Good for rats not for humans, but the room was clean (the cleanest part of the building).
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was aware that the bathroom was to be shared, but there was no burst and no hangers in the WC and no cover either. One day the water has been cut off. The "cleaning personal" (was not very clean) made too much noise by phoning via the mobile instead of cleaning. The showers in my floor were under construction. There was always reparation works but still the interior seemed to be ready to collapse. This was my third experience in a hotel like this in Paris, but this was the worst one.

I arrived earlier than the check-in time and I could leave my luggage in a store room. There are various nice places for lunch in the surrounding area.

Although there was no kitchen but lucky there was microware...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No lift but it seem normal for most budget accomodation in france.There were only bed and sink in room.No hanger and towel.Reception was not opened 24 hrs but early check out was easy by just dropoing the key into a hole.

Although there was no kitchen but lucky there was microware downstair. Although the place looks old but it was clean. The shared bathroom was spacious and the heater in room was powerful to keep us warm.

Tiny Room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Tiny Room. Smelled. Shady people staying in the hotel. I would think it would likely be illegal to rent out a room in this condition in the UK or US.

Should not been call hotel at all
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

the place was to expensive for the conditions of the same, This place should not be even call Hotel. It structure was very old, was not too clean, it was too noisy even to get to sleep. Beside this, I did not like the payment was remove directly from my credit card before even got to the place and be able to check the conditions of the same.

The place is good for people who are only looking for a place to spend the night and refresh
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like that the room wasn't clean when we arrived, and was only cleaned once during our stay (we had to ask for that service). The overall look of the hotel should be improved. The toillet wasn't clean and was full of graffitis. The room was very hot and didn't have air conditioning.

I liked the comfort of the bed and the shower.

The room is spacious for a couple.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom and restroom should be more clean.

The room is spacious for a couple. However, there are not a lot of things there, just a bed and a sink. But the staff is very helpful and willing to give us any advices about our travel in Paris.

Wouldn't go back lol
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower was really gross-- think there was mold. Also there were tons of flies in the room as the window was left open. Room smells really awful

Staff was very friendly

Comfortable budget hotel
    • Double Room with external toilet

No keetle or tv in the room. Cold floor. No lift

Bed was comfortable. Showers were great, heater working properly, location near to subway. Price is reasonable to what i paid.

Poor quality in every way, rotten things in water boiler, noise, drunks...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Black mold in bathroom, payment in advance for all the days at arrival so you can not leave after seeing the room. Homeless person lived next door??? Room 5 is a rubbish room, wall socket hangs, bathroom has no space inside to sit on the toilet... etc...

Good choice for budget travelers.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There is no toilet inside the room and you need to go out to the corridor. Though I was lucky to have a shower tube in the room. It is very tiny but at least you can shower without going out of the room.

Budget and clean hotel. Polite and helpful staff. Convenient location next to metro station.

Not that well. Uncomfortable.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was dirty, pictures were not showing the actual view of the room. Bathroom on our room was closed, so we had to go upstairs, bathroom was not tidy. No bed sheets available. Poor internet connection.

Location was good. Access to metro. Staff was ok.

Nice and comfortable hotel room
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Really tiny bathroom, I’m really tall and I had trouble using it

the really fast wifi, The nice and friendly staff and the quick check in ane check out

Location was good.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was tiny and there was no room cleaning during our whole stay (4 nights), staff was mostly not so friendly or helpful expect for one guy at the front desk during day time, we asked for cups and they didn’t have. Or spoons or forks or anything at all.

Location was good. Very close to the metro. Market and laundry.

Do not recommend. Second time Booking.com let's us down!!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Showers very small and there was no way to prop up the shower head, had to hold it while I took a shower. Man that attended to us when we checked in said reception was 24 hours and when we had to leave at 7:30 and get our bags from storage, lady was very rude. Yelled a lot saying she would only open at 8:30. Which would make us miss our flight. We had to insist for 20 mins until she finally gave in and gave us the key. Note that she was already awake and instead of giving us the key when we first asked, She decided it would be best to argue for 20 mins and then give us the key. Extremely rude the night lady.

Close to Voltaire metro station.

Well, it is not what I expected
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room does not have any hangers or drawers, I can hear the flash sound from upstairs, the shower next door does not open, have to use the alternative one which downstairs. No travel booklets or any info that helps the travellers which I do not mind, but will be great to have them at the reception.

The location is okay, close to the metro.

Short stay due to just passing through.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Horrible wi-fi. When a hotel advertises free Wi-Fi they should make sure it has a decent signal and high-speed. The only place I could get Wi-Fi was in the lobby and it was super slow. For some reason it would not let me connect to the Wi-Fi in my room even though I had a stronger signal.

The bed was perfect. I slept like a baby.

Warm but amenities not the best
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like that the toilet was outside of the room (one of the toilets doesn't have a seat). The light in the shower wasn't working. The bed wasn't that comfortable.

I guess for the value of your money especially in Paris, it's not that bad. We went when it was freezing outside! So going back to the hotel was nice because it was warm and cozy.

Could have been A LOT better
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is situated in a typical old house, our room was quite small and the shower was not entirely separated from the rest of the room, so after showering you kinda have water on the floor in the room where you're supposed to feel comfortable and clean. Plus the room didn't look cozy.

The staff was friendly and very helpful when I wanted to print some documents as well as ask for information regarding the trip.

Do NOT waste your money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Dirty, needs remodeled, toilet seats missing, showers small with not even a hook to hang your clothes on, worst hotel ever, no coffee or anything else, stayed 5 nights and room was never made up or cleaned

Not much

Staff very attentive, but the room needs a a makeover.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Our room was not that one in the advertisement. The room is old and in need of a makeover urgently. The water in the stalls seeps through the corner of the wall and flows through the room. We had to use our bath towels to bar infiltration! The first two days they did not clean our room and we had to ask in the front desk to take out the trash and do the cleaning. The bedding and blankets are old and stained. One of the blankets had a cigarette hole! On the first day the heater was very strong, then decreased and became too weak and we could not adjust.

The location is good, close to the metro, bus lines, restaurants, markets and commerce. There is a good grocery store almost across the street that stays open until dawn. The wi-fi works very well! The staff was excellent, very kind and helpful, they helped us a lot! Our thanks to them.

Browse Hôtel Richard traveller photo gallery