Reviews of Rochester Champs Elysees 4 stars

92 Rue La Boetie, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#354 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Liked the fact it was close to shops and restaurants.
    • Classic Room

The beds were very firm and after one week you felt it!

Liked the fact it was close to shops and restaurants. Very quite rooms facing internal court yard. Good gym.

Great stay
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Room awesome, no evening restaurant, not really a problem however. Breakfast too expensive for a family of 4 at €25 per person, champs elysee just round the corner though for “Paul’s” croissants and juice

An excellent stay
    • Classic Room

Room service asked us to pay 10€ for plates and bowls so we could eat our food in the room! Too tired to go outThankfully manager sorted it out asap. Sometimes housekeeping person would forget to replace towels or tea / milk/ sugar. Done immediately by them when brought to notice though.

The size of the room was more than expected. Linen was exceptionally good. Closet storage was more than adequate. Very helpful at desk and concierge services. Risotto ordered at room service was excellent.

good location, clean and fairly sized room
    • Classic Room

some of the staff is not so friendly. and It should have been a pay at property option but they didi the deduction on credit card... which costs more because of exchange rates. I guess its booking.com problem as well.

location is great, and room cleanness is also great

Excellant hotel in a very good location with a great breakfast and welcoming staff
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

There was nothing we would change.

The hotel is lovely, the rooms very nicely decorated with comfy beds and all facilities in the room including tea/coffee/hot chocolate drinks. The staff were very helpful and polite, and all spoke very good English. The breakfast didn't finish until 13.30 which was great if you had a late night and wanted a late breakfast. There was everything we needed for breakfast, including smoked salmon, omelette, pastries, fruit, crepes and pancakes, we didn't need to eat anything else all day. There were 8 ladies in our group and we all felt this was an excellent choice in a very good location, and very close to the Metro.

Fabulous
    • Classic Room

Fabulous hotel, location couldn’t be better, staff excellent very helpful and friendly. Food was very good and everywhere spotless clean. I would give them a 5 star.

Fabulous!
    • Classic Room

We really enjoyed our stay in the heart of Paris! Perfect location, clean spacious room, wonderful friendly staff and as a result we had a fabulous time! Merci Beaucoup!! Our plan is to come back, for sure!

Staff friendly & helpful, fast response of housekeeping...

No coffee machine (Nespresso) in the room. From 9:30 am noise in the room, some parts of the hotel under renovation my room was in the 7th floor. AC is not cool

Staff friendly & helpful, fast response of housekeeping service 5 min from champs elysees 2min from supermarket monoprix

This property is amazing;
    • Classic Room

This property is amazing; Parisian hotel rooms are generally quite small but Rochester was comfortable and very accommodating. They even allow you to make use of their spa facilities if your flight is later- my mum and I had a full day out then showered before our flight- which was definitely refreshing and made things way more comfortable!

Comfortable and warm welcome to the hotel
    • Classic Room

The rooms looked bigger online compared to how they were in real life

The bed was very comfortable, Room very clean, Staff very friendly and helpful, Good location to the metro and other attractions

Free WiFi, it had a bathtub, very spacious, very comfy bed,...

No complaints

Free WiFi, it had a bathtub, very spacious, very comfy bed, very clean. Plenty of outlets. The staff was very pleasant and extremely helpful.

the room was spacious, lovely and clean.
    • Classic Room

woke up to really loud arabic music playing in the room upstairs. it got quite again after some time though

the room was spacious, lovely and clean. the lobby of the hotel very nice, we haven't used any other facilities though. lovely and attentive staff, very polite and ready to help. the street the hotel is in is not the prettiest but the hotel is really centrally located.

5 stars
    • Classic Room

Everything was absolutely perfect! This hotel should have 5 stars. Rooms are very spacious for Paris, a big and comfortable bed, quiet rooms, the staff very helpful at any hour . The location was also perfect, incredible breakfast which lasts initial 1 pm!

I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was amazing we even had a view of the tip of the Eiffel Tower which was unexpected but great. In all the hotel was a lovely relaxing environment and we really enjoyed our stay.

Amazing stay
    • Classic Room

Only negative is that the air conditioning wasn’t working so rooms were extremely hot at night even with the windows open. Asked member of staff to fix this but nothing was done.

We stayed in the classic room - Rooms looked like the image, everything was clean and rooms cleaned everyday for us, room and bathroom was spacious and perfect size for 2, excellent location right next to arc du triomph, staff extremely friendly and helpful, hotel is excellent and would definitely stay again

Superb hotel, in an excellent location!
    • Classic Room

Only slight downside was the air con, I would think twice about staying in very hot weather.

Superb location, 2 minute walk to the Champs Elysees. Very close to bars, restaurants and several metro stations. Comfortable bed and superb rainfall shower.

ery good hotel in perfect location.
    • Classic Room

the breakfast is not up to the level of the hotel. Coffee is horrible which is rare for France. The breakfast room is a bit tight for the size of the hotel that was sold out. At check in they "forgot" to give us a voucher for their advertised Welcome Drink. I had to come back and ask. Try to book it way ahead of time as our friends booked it a few days before arrival and had to pay more than double of our price.

Classy hotel 2 blocks from Champs Elysee. Half of it was just renovated. They are planning to do the same with the other half. The lobby feels a bit tight which is normal for Parisian hotels located in older buildings, but they seem to be expanding the breakfast room. One of the best 4-star hotels in Champs Elysee area. Loved the extended breakfast hours (7AM-1.30PM) so you can use it for breakfast/brunch or lunch.

It is conveniently located, you can walk to the Louvre and...
    • Classic Room

Sound insulation is not very good. If your neighbors are noisy, you will definitely hear them.

It is conveniently located, you can walk to the Louvre and other sights (about 20 minutes on foot). The underground station is next to the hotel, but I never used it. The room wasn’t spacious but it was renovated and nicely furnished. The staff was helpful.

Excellent!
    • Classic Room

Perfect little hotel and so clean and comfy. Love the decor and the hospitality of the staff is fantastic. Amazing location as well , goes without staying. My second time i stay here and will be going back. Thank you Rochester

If you want to be near the Champs Elysees, in nice rooms, larger than the average parisian hotel.

the lack of service in the small lobby was a disadvantage. definitely could be improved.

the rooms are very nice and spacious. Stayed in a junior suite. Hotel has an inner small courtyard that is very pretty and quiet.

It was wonderful but reception staff ruined it.

I would have given a very excellent review, except that on the final day during our checkout, reception made a mistake by not charging my card correctly. Whilst being busy at the airport trying to catch my flight and trying to beat the line and checking in .. hotel called and told me i had to settle an amount which i thought was settled, unfortunately their staff at the reception FAILED to check. They emailed me the correct amount which i had no problem with, but then they expected me to fill in on a piece of paper which i had to email back to them the details of my credit card along with my security pin at the back of my card. I had to ask for an alternative SAFER method like bank transfer. Eventually, before transfering the amount a fee days later, they charged my card without me having to give my card details which they have asked earlier, only found out when my bank gave me a call about the charge for me to authorize, so basically they could have done this earlier like what normal hotels would have done! The hotel was great, i had good memories during christmas for the whole of my trip in Paris, and our room felt like home, it was upsetting and disappointing that the send off at the end ruined the whole experience.

The hotel was spotless and clean. We stayes at the Junior Suite for 6 nights and was sad to leave, it was a very comfortable room. Hotel staff gave us privacy. Room service and housekeeping staff was polite and wonderful.

maintenance issue deprived me of proper showers
    • Classic Room

maintenance was extremely poor . I asked them to change the flexible shower pipe (was leaking). They did with a faulty one leakage was 10 times more and despite my complaints they did not change it again

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel and the location was very convenient. It's obvious that France in
    • Classic Room

Nothing negative about the hotel itself. There are lots of restaurants in the neighborhood however it was quite hard to find a good breakfast place. Many restaurant weren't even open at 9/10 except for Starbucks.

The rooms were surprisingly big, the beds were very comfy. Bathroom was excellent and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

FABULOUS. GREAT LOCATION.
    • Classic Room

Very friendly. Barman Vincent helped make the trip, extremely friendly and attentive. Welcoming and helpful staff. Great and clean facilities. Quiet rooms with modern interior. Just what you would expect. Excellent location

Wonderful hotel, perfect location, friendly and very professional staff.
    • Classic Room

Our room did not have much of a view, but this is a very minor complaint as our overall stay was wonderful.

The staff are beyond welcoming, very professional and curtious. The building itself is beautiful and perfectly located for a short visit to Paris. The room was delightful, mini bar, large shower, comfortable bed and decorated in the quaintest traditional Parisian style.

Lovely Hotel just like home

Early morning checkout as there is no Trolly man to help as we were a large family with elderly poeple but again they were helpful

Nice homelike rooms with good location. Staff are friendly and helpful , loved my stay

Room OK, location very good but stay ruined by bad A/C in Paris heat
    • Classic Room

Air conditioning was completely useless on floor 7. When we complained they provided a fan. If staying there request a lower floor room where apparently the A/C works better. Housemaid missed things like toilet paper, tea bags etc. and did not remove wine bottles for the 5 days we were there from outside of window from previous guest

Staff very friendly and attentive

Location was no so bad.
    • Classic Room

For short staying it is OK. The staff was not helpful!!! As per some of my request they told me I have to come take it from reception, they hadn't no more staff to keep reception with him/her.

Location was no so bad. But the entrance of the hotel connected with the road which always is busy with cars. Parents with child have to be more attentively while child could be run directly to moving cars!!!

Perfect

Nothing could be improved

Such kind and friendly staff and my son and I could not fault anything st this hotel! Cannot recommend it enough. The breakfast was delicious with huge range of food and served until very late which suited my teenage son. The rooms were spotless and had good aircon. The beds really comfortable and the shower was brilliant! Perfect location too. Please pass on our thanks to the hotel.

A little gem of a hotel, the whole experience was great.
    • Classic Room

A little gem of a hotel, the whole experience was great. The room very modern, great shower, comfortable bed and a view of the effiel tower. Good location, metro 3 mins walk away. Only wish we could have stayed longer

An excellent hotel.
    • Classic Room

We booked on line and breakfast was not included in the price. We felt it should have been included given the cost of the room. Perhaps to warn and inform guests of the overcharging on journeys when using taxis which happened to us and was difficult to deal with.

We had an excellent service from all the staff who were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel facilities were very good, the room was very comfortable, clean and bathroom and shower spotless.. There was a good choice of food at breakfast and staff were very helpful and accommodating. The hotel had a good location within easy reach of the Champs Elysees. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Great place very but very rude receptionist
    • Classic Room

The guy on reception was possibly the rudest man I have ever met on a hotel reception desk - it was almost laughable he was so rude!

Fabulous position this is our 4th time in as many years for the Tour de France

nice smoking garden, clean rooms & toilets
    • Classic Room

water wasn't provided everyday, no noise reduction (room doors next door when closes it makes a noise which wakes me up)

nice smoking garden, clean rooms & toilets

staff and wifi were very good, and the middle garden was...

size of the property, corridors and elevators were very small and old, not like what the pictures show you.

staff and wifi were very good, and the middle garden was very nice

The staf didn't greet us well and also they didn't...
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

The staf didn't greet us well and also they didn't gave us two single beds as we requested before in our email to booking.com also they gave us the rooms very late and they didn't noticed our email about early check in and late check out as well .

Great Location, nice, clean and comfortable family hotel!
    • Classic Room

Great location and very nice comfortable family and couple hotel! we had requested an early check in, the hotel emailed us and told us that they will try their best! arrived at the hotel by 9:30 am after a long and tiresome flight and found the hotel to be fully booked, the reception staff asked us to wait a while and did indicate and apologise for the inconvenience as check in usual time in 2:00 pm. By 11: 00 am our room was ready to move into! which was not very late! as we only had to wait 1 and a half hour in the comfortable and well decorated lobby. A complimentary tea or coffee for the waiting guests would have been nice and would have made us really appreciate the service from the hotel and would show that they really cared, nonetheless the room was very clean and comfortable as well as the bathroom. however while taking the shower the bath tub drain was closed and stuck so had to call the housekeeping and very promptly they came and fixed it in 5 minutes. The breakfast was well served and up to the mark! Would definitely come back and stay here!

Affordable Luxury Hotel
    • Classic Room

I loved the location and decor of the hotel. It was also very clean. The staff was helpful in arranging my sightseeing reservations, and providing directions.

great location, don't miss it
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Small rooms , very small , kind of old furniture , not good for long stay

Friendly staff,, good location near to the champs also to rivoli and saint honoree ,, thats perfect for shopping,, clean and cozy

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Rude obnoxious Said! Great location though rest of the staff very friendly!
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

We were checked in and checked out by a rude obnoxious receptionist named Said. He did not help us with our luggage when there is a sign on the desk concierge. I asked him politely for help and he rudely told me to do it ourselves. At checkout he overcharged us for breakfast as I politely asked him to explain he pounded his hand on the counter. Fortunately a lady staff intervened and helped us and from what I can tell told him off. The cleaning lady replaces our towels daily but doesn't clean it very well because I can still see hair and dust in the sink and floor 😔

Location was great! Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was a good size for a couple and cozy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

the room service, On the first day i puted ( do not disturb...
    • Classic Room

the room service, On the first day i puted ( do not disturb ) label on my door , but they opened the door and cleaned the room!! why they open the room when i put ( do not disturb)!!!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Location was good with Tiffany not far down the road and if...
    • Classic Room

If you are staying on the weekend request a room overlooking the terrace then you are not on the road as there are some discos nearby . I would also say it's well worth paying an upgrade for a superior room as they are much nicer than the classic .

Location was good with Tiffany not far down the road and if you walked the other way a very well prices mini market with a huge selection of food , drinks including chilled wine.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Classic Room

Rooms are very dark, no extra outlets in the bathroom, no proper fan in the bathroom, ventilation system was odd...

Location is fairly good, staff was friendly and helpful.

Very comfortable and large hotel room.
    • Superior Room

Unfortunately the hotel is very noissy due to very hard closing hoteldoors. And housekeeping left our door open after cleaning. Therefore our room was open the entire day and after mentioning it at the reception, we just received an OK.....

Very comfortable and large hotel room.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Plush hotel with large cost ambience rooms
    • Classic Room

TV wouldn't switch off so I had to pull out the mini bar to unplug it Hairdryer fell apart ( could do with updating the hairdryer as they are old fashioned boxes on the wall) Cost of mini bar was extortionate €11.00 for a gin and €7.00 per soft drink !!!

The room was cozy with a large balcony. Good hearing system and nice lightening Room services was very quick Hamman was nice and the gym has good facilities. Nice reception area

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Bed is too short, though room size is ok for Paris and interior is pleasant
    • Classic Room

1) Bed is too short. If you are taller than 180 it's surely better not to book here. I'm 185, and my feet hung down. Not comfortable 2) Door and window noise isolation is poor. So, it's often noisy at night even though the streets around are quite narrow, and you hear well doors closing on the floor

1) In the very city center. All the main tourist attractions are really close 2) Clean 3) Quite a pleasant interior

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Info Hotel Rochester Champs Elysee
    • Classic Room

in room 512, contiguous twin beds like double bed. No enough place to move in the room, full of furnitures. No wifi signal at all. I could never use the internet of hotel. The price of the breakfast (25€) is unworthy. According to campaign that i choose from booking.com, they shouldn't have charged pre-payment, but they did. And even if it is told that, they cancelled, didn't recieve it back. yet. (143€)

location is great. Staff is smiling and helpful. lobby and yard are gradoise.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great location, great place to stay
    • Classic Room

We're used to a Super King bed at home, so the bed felt slightly small. That's about it.

The staff were really helpful, and even put up with my pidgin French; check-in was seamless even at 1am; everything was comfortable and well laid-out and very usable.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Lovely hotel, friendly staff with excellent English and excellent hotel location
    • Classic Room

Would have preferred to pay in full on arrival. Could not get safe to work. Very small point! Room very clean apart from toilet which was slightly soiled as though it had not been used recently.

The reception staff, the reception area and lift. The room and especially the internet access. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was lovely.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Lovely hotel, but not the best.
    • Classic Room

We could not adjust the temperature in the room, it was too warm. So we opened the window, but it was on a busy street and the noise was unbearable. We were kept awake most of the night because drivers were honking their horns for hours. The bathtub did not drain, and the sink had a large crack.

The room was spacious and clean. We were given an upgrade to a larger room. The staff were very cordial and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great helpful staff
    • Privilege Room

The rooms are smaller than what I like.

The staff were super friendly and helpful . The breakfast every day till 13:30. Few walking minutes from the Champs elysees

Great Location and Extremely Clean
    • Classic Room

The room had a wall-mounted radiator in front of the bed that had no operating controls. Therefore, we were not able to lower the temperature, which became a bit unbearable at night.

The hotel is centrally located, well appointed and extremely clean. The room where we stayed for three days was very comfortable and had a mini-bar stacked with beverages and snacks. There are many restaurants and a mini-market a short distance away as well as a Metro station.

Impossible to sleep if room faces road. Check in advance of booking
    • Classic Room

We were booked in a "cheap" room that faces the road. Apparently these rooms normally sell for EUR 430. You'd have to be mad to pay that money to get no sleep. For whatever reasons the road outside the hotel becomes gridlocked from about midnight to 7AM and Parisiens like nothing more than composing sonic masterpieces with their car horns. I have never, in all my life, heard so much noise from traffic in a hotel room. It is utterly impossible to sleep at night. Bizarrely the road is peaceful during the day so it is easy to check in and believe you are on to a winner. Don't be fooled. When we asked if we could change due to the noise problems we were told "We have no rooms in your category". Note the distinction. It is clear the hotel had some rooms that would have allowed us to get some sleep but they refused to allocate them despite them being available. (Hence my low rating for the staff). Finally, the breakfast is about as bog standard as it comes. You'll get better food around the corner for half the price.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Staff is not so kind.
    • Classic Room

Staff is not so kind. They do not say hi when a guest comes in. Room quite narrow and not very clean (dust on the furniture and some small garbage behind the bed such as nuts etc.). room temperature too hot.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

An abandoned ship
    • Privilege Room

This hotel feels like it has been abandoned by it's management. Front office employees are left alone, with no concern whatsoever for their guests. Do them a favour : dont disturb them... just pick another hotel.

Fantastic Place to Stay
    • Classic Room

This was our 3rd stay and it never let's you down. Beautiful hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. Fantastic location. Looking forward to going back again.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Excellent hotel with outstanding English speaking staff. Very helpful and friendly.
    • Classic Room

Areas near the Champs Elysee are a bit "scruffy, but safe". Area is expensive and people on the street are from one extreme to the other. It was a bit "dirty". Not what we experienced forty years ago, for sure.

Concierges (Dominique, Charles, Yacine, and Patrice) were extremely helpful and friendly. Couldn't have done Paris without their help!! Breakfast buffet was excellent and staff were great! Great cozy bar with great bartender (Vincent)!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Room was quite clean and neat.
    • Classic Room

Work out room was small and not of good variety of equipment

Room was quite clean and neat. Staff was excellent and extremely helpful and polite. Staff gets A+.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Bad security and unsafe location
    • Classic Room

The security in the hotel was very bad , a women stole my hand bag from the lobby while I was sitting . And they didn't have anything to do or help me

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Wonderfully convenient, comfortable and Good value.
    • Superior Room

New baths but as we age climbing into tub for a shower seems unnecessary.

Comfortable Bed and pillows, Rooms were new carpet new , very clean and well appointed as well as lobby and bar. Friendly bartender to chat with. Staff great and location very nice, short walk to Champs Ellysee and corner bakery and cafe. Near a Hop ON and OFF bus route.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Classic Room

Bedroom was dated and felt old, the bathroom had a awful damp smell! Lobby and corridors have been updated to a high standard just our room wasn't

Room was small even I requested them to give us bigger one...

Room size.

Room was small even I requested them to give us bigger one coz we stayed there before.

Very good

Location and comfortable +room

It was a nice n peaceful stay!
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Room & hallway temperature was very warm

The breakfast was great & a very helpful staff

Amazing weekend

Everything!!😍

Perfect location and fantastic staff.

Perfect location and fantastic staff. Great stay for a girls weekend away.

Location , room space

Nil

Location , room space

Excellent hotel, excellent location, lovely staff

What a hotel should be

• Classic Room

Great position, friendly staff, good breakfast nicely...
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms

Great position, friendly staff, good breakfast nicely decorated.

It was good

Gym was poor

Good location and good breakfast

Breakfast price is high

I had an excellent stay at the hotel thanks to the very professional and helpful staff.
    • Classic Room

The staff were very courteous and very helpful and charming. The hotel is very clean and the room is cosy

• Classic Room

Great location. Nice size room. Big shower with yummy-smelling products provided.

The staff are very nice and helpful location is great

The staff are very nice and helpful location is great

Brilliant

Size of room

The location, staff and the cleanliness of the rooms

Browse Rochester Champs Elysees traveller photo gallery