Reviews of Best Western Roosevelt Nice 3 stars

16 Rue Marechal Joffre, 06000 Nice, France

#92 of 169 hotels in Nice

Excellent base for exploring Nice

Size of room - we had 3 single beds with plenty of room for us and super large windows leading onto balcony. Very happy we chose this hotel - great value for money.

Noisy
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Reception crew , daily crew : unfriendly, not knowledgeable , not helpful . Professionalism is borderline at best.

Housekeeping crew is outstanding .

Good hotel in excellent location. Would use it on any return visit to Nice.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Room was quite small. I was using as a single but would have been crowded for 2. Wasn't properly cleaned on 1 occasion - no new tea and milk, rubbish bin not emptied. Fine on other days.

Very helpful staff on reception. Nice breakfast. Good facilities especially in bathroom. Brilliant location to explore Nice and many excellent restaurants close by.

Would not stay here again, it lets the Best Western brand down.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The room was poorly cleaned, we were without running water for 2 late afternoons/evenings due to maintenance(against all H&S regs I am aware of.

The room was ok, the hotel very well placed for the city centre and the beach.

Bad customer service.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The staff and the hotel itself in terms of value of money. The staff i meet on first day mrng was not at all co-operative and her attitude and gesture was like i am going to stay there for free. If you are looking for good customer friendly hotel i would recommend not to stay here.

Location..it's situated at a gr8 location.

The staff's attitude is bad and they ain't profession in their job. The hardware wifi is malfunction
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The free wifi access is guaranteed in the contract; however, during my 3 days stay, wifi is malfunction for 2.5 day. Everytime (literally everyday) when I spoke to the reception about the issue, the reply is always the same "I don't know". Wtf? The customer need answer, not you dont know. And they even didn't give me an exact time on fixing it. The attitude is bad. Wifi is really important for the customer, especially for the foreigner. I strongly request a refund for this bad experience. Isn't that how it should be? I hate this hotel.

I didn't take the breakfast, no comment.

I prefer a hotel with it’s own bar, not there on this occasion. Great location though and front desk

Decor needs updating. Asked for quiet room but had a screaming boy in the floor above. Not great soundproofing.

Great location. Check in and staff very good.

Hotel was very pleasant and had a great time in Nice
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

had a lovely balcony over looking the road very light and airy 3 mins walk from some of the restaurants and 5 mins walk away form the front promenade so very central. Caught the bus from the airport and then 5 mins walk from the front promenade. Staff were so very helpful and got out their maintenance kit when my suitcase lock had broken on the bag so couldn't open it. Nothing was too much trouble.

Miserable room

We stayed in superior double room 301. The room was smelly, dark and gloomy and very small. The view was facing a square of the backs of tall buildings. The shower and bathroom floor were very slippy. Only 1 mirror and that was in the bathroom. Had to queue at breakfast to boil own egg. Bread stale. Location, a bit of a maze to get to promenade. Overall wish we had chosen a different hotel. No ambience at this one.

First and the last time stayed here!
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

After I did the check in, staff gave me the room number 411. Nice view, with balcony(4th floor) not so spacious but, I’ll tell later why was think is not, and acsuallu was. I passed in, from the door hit me a strange smell, I have had to open the window, after that, my wife saw 3 ant, near bathroom door. When the night has came, we open the air conditioner for heat, but this remove only cold air. After I’ve been down to reception, the lady from there ask me if I want a electric heater, I told her yes. That lady was nice, she told me go upstairs and I’ll bring it for you. After she came on the door with the heater also ask me if I want free coke, for inconvenience, I refuse, and after told me she is sorry but next day the technician will came and fix the issue. Well, next day same issue. They change us the room, with a nice smelly one, but very tiny, also with balcony(No.405). 3 night, 4 days we’ve stayed with electrical heater, also on reception they’ve got another 4 pieces, so maybe the hotel got a general problem. Things to do: improve the smell, try to get rid of ants, also the furniture was old, but is a 3 star hotel. After my experience, never came back. I’m so sorry for the location. Was absolutely great!

What did I like? Well, beside the location, witch is the best you can have for this money(£130/3night12-15.02 booked from October) I can say there’s nothing more! I’m really sorry, but that’s my personal opinion.

Parking was unavailable at discounted rate of 15 euro.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Parking was unavailable at discounted rate of 15 euro. I payed 27,80 euros. The parking should have bene booked in advance. This is your responsability ad this is not written in your website. By this I ask you the refund of the12 euros that I paid more for the parking

Good location and nothing more.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

I didn't like the smell inside the room, the bed. It is noisy. The walls are thin and you can listen to everything the other guests say in their rooms.

Not awesome, but the location is good. Close enough to everything.

Good value and well-situated hotel, but it needs some sprucing up

Very tired rooms – badly stained carpet, discoloured grouting in the shower, corrosion starting on the metal parts of the shower screen; barely adequate heating (in late December)

Very convenient location, within walking-distance of the railway station, the shops of Avenue Jean-Médecin, Vieux Nice and the Promenade des Anglais; my superior double room was spacious and comfortable; quiet, given its city-centre location; excellent WiFi (though having to log in a couple of times a day is unnecessary and a little irritating); good (if not particularly cheap) breakfast for the class of hotel

Disappointing!

The room we were allocated smelt very strongly of drains and the carpet was filthy. We were allocated a larger room after we complained. This was still very shabby there was a broken glass panel, the carpet was dirty and the bedside table was really mucky. The lighting in the room was very poor and the tv channels listed were not accessible. We have stayed in this hotel previously always been satisfied. This time it was very disappointing to see it so shabby and grubby.

The staff were helpful, pleasant and courteous.

Good place for a short break, but prefer Nice in the Summer. we were unlucky with weather
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

small room and not much view, the window was tiny

The hotel was very central, easy walking to promenade, shops, old town and many restaurants. Afternoon drinks and pastries available from reception which was appreciated after a long day sightseeing. our room was a standard size, which was very small and only a tiny window, so upgrade if you can!!

I would recommend this hotel. Short walk to old town and sea
    • Superior Twin Room

We found the shower floor slippery and there were no grab bars. Solved the problem by place a hand towel or the shower floor

Great location, clean, comfortable room, great coffee machine

Easy to move around but attention with Wifi availability.
    • Superior Twin Room

We never knew when the maids would enter to clean the room. And they didn´t replace the towels or the niceties in an organised way. Some repairs were under way. Wifi was down all our stay making it impossible to check in for our flight back. As compensation, they didn´t charge us the breakfasts of our five-days stay

The most relevant feature is its location: easy to reach on foot from the railway station and it is located in the best area of Nice and close to the seafront. It is two blocks away from the main avenue, too.

A deception! No internet! :(
    • Superior Twin Room

When i booked this hotel i only booked because it have wifi. But the hotel do not have wifi working!!!! The whole period the internet does not work!!! We talk with the staff and the manager and it doen't work!!! We lost attractions because of that. The manager did nothing to solve our problems! I'm very upset and i will send email to all Bestwesterns to complain about it! It is unnaceptable this!!!

Café da manhã

I would be happy to recommend and would use this hotel again,

Bathroom door stuck and needed to be opened with a push.

location is excellent for shopping .The staff were very professional especially Joseph on reception who organised everything for us when our flights were delayed .Triple room was a perfect size for 3 adults.

Thankgod for the good location
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

We were there for 6 nights and the wi fi was down every day. This seemed to be the case before we got there. When asked we didnt really get an answer. They just seemed fed up of been asked. When theres signs all round the hotel stating we have free wi fi this was really poor. The hotel also states on this site there are sound proof rooms. You only have to move and the whole hotel can hear. Depending on your neighbours or wherevers above you prepare for a loud night. Other than location the hotel was very basic and would not recommend for more than a couple of nights stay

Hotel is in great location. 5 to 10 minute walk from old town and promenade.

Excellent location, average facility, good value for money
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The mattress and pillows were very tired but the room was spotless and surprisingly spacious. The biggest negative was that the wifi was down for the 3 nights we stayed there.

The location of the hotel can not be better! It is an easy stroll from all that Nice has to offer and also within walking distance of the train station. The area feels safe to walk around in and the streets around the hotel quite upmarket.

Un-pleasant stay in this hotel
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The main issue was there was no WiFi for the whole period of our stay of four nights in the hotel, although it was advertised as being available in the booking.com website at the time of our booking and the period of our stay in the hotel. when we arrived to the hotel, the receptionist didn't bother herself to inform us about the non-availability of WiFi, so we went down to ask the receptionist, and her answer was this issue is due to a Tramway system and it impacted all area around the hotel!!! when we asked her when it will be fixed her answer was she doesn't know. Next day we asked another receptionist about the WiFi issue and his answer was this issue is in this hotel only, not in the whole area!!, two different answers from two different receptionist!!! when we asked him when this issue expected to be fixed, his answer was ask the technician. very un-polite and rude answer, we are staying in Best Western Roosevelt Nice Hotel, so we should receive an answer from the hotel itself. Since there was no solution from the hotel, so the only solution was available is to connect to the internet from restaurants and cafes around the hotel. the Hotel did not give a pre-offer for a complimentary for the unavailability of WiFi , but the hotel accepted to make a 10% discount on our total bill, but only when we requested it from the receptionist. Another thing that we did not like about the hotel is we have told by the receptionist during the check-in process that you will stay for three nights in one room, but you need to shift to another room for the fourth night due to non-availability of a twin room. This was uncomfortable as we need to pack our things to move to another room, while we had one reservation for twin room for four nights. the receptionist told us they will give us a Junior Suite for the first three nights, and a twin room for the fourth night. The Junior suite room was smelled musty, when we checked the room we found a musty area in the wardrobe.

Good location, not too far from the beach. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance, it is close to the old city, as well as an acceptable walking distance to the train station. The receptionist was helpful when we asked them to make a tour reservation for us.

One night in Nice.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

We only had one night in Nice would stay longer next time.

The hotel was in a great location within walking distance to restaurants, the beach & other tourist attractions. The staff were very helpful.

Great for a one night stopover
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The room was extremely small, appreciate that the building is old and there would be constraints with the room size, but the furniture, i.e. desk & tv could have been small and placed on the wall to free up floor space to move around.

The location of this hotel was fantastic for restaurants, promenade and walking, just brilliant.

Location, close to the sea and to the Central station
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

We stayed at this hotel for the second time. And the first impression was very good. That's why we have choose it for our next visit. And we were very surprised that the room was not so clean as we expected and there was the smell of the old bulding. WiFi didn't properly work. We ask the support and one day after that it worked, but actually the problem was persistant. Brekfast was very modest and no fresh. We preffered to eat in the nearest cafe. Bathroom is tiny, and room is small.

Location, close to the sea and to the Central station

Good location, not too far from the beach.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Housekeeping did not replenish toilet paper, dry towels, shower cap or spoon for the room hot drinks. No wifi for the whole period although it was advertised as being available. Compact shower cubicle.

Good location, not too far from the beach. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. Good shower power although the shower head did not hold and kept falling.

Enjoyed our visit to Nice and the location of hotel was centre to most places.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Beds and lack of pillows. Light out in bathroom, smell of drains and the complimentary tea and coffee was very limited for two people. Rooms in need of update.

Location Staff very helpful

A very pleasant stay in a quiet room with comfortable bed and nice city outlook
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The bathroom had an unpleasant odour which I think came from the shower and basin wastes. I would have liked a kettle to make a cup of tea as there was only a coffee machine.

The room had a little balcony with city views. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The location made it easy to walk into the promenade area as well as a short 12 minute walk to the train station.

Good location.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Air conditioning unit was right outside the window and was quite noisy. Also other noise could be heard from the guests and an occasional dripping sound.

Good location. The room was clean and the staff were polite and helpful.

The receptionists were really super - extremely helpful in...
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The room was a bit cramped. We had to change our plans and come back for another night a few days later and this time our room was even smaller, the double bed uncomfortably small in this room and, as we were on the first floor, the window could not be opened.

The receptionists were really super - extremely helpful in solving all our problems. The room (on the third floor) was very well-equipped and the bed very comfortable. Very good breakfast.

The Hotel which I'll visit certainly again !
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Canal + / sport didn't see after 9 pm. WIFI was not so good.

The Balcony was very nice, and big windows. TV was very big. The breakfast was very good, location super, and the bus from the airport was cheap and fast, only few block to walk to the hotel.

Friendly staff makes a great difference, the hotel understands this concept well
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The Staff (Joseph) is an amazing guy. He helped us from the moment we arrived and guided us through the local parking process and then made sure the check-in and check out process is very smooth. The rooms are as described but maybe a bit dusty due to the traffic on the road. The area is close to everything, it is a basic hotel and good value for the money.

Top location!
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

Top location! 10 mins walking to the Promenade, 2 mins to public garage parking. We had noisy neighbours, but stuff immediately solved the problem for us.

The parking was provided in a close by underground facility.
    • Quadruple Room

Parking the car while checking-in required either moving the chain and concrete post in front of the hotel or illegally parking in a nearby location for a few minutes(not a big deal). Probably cant be helped due to the location. Room was ok, smelled a bit musty.

The parking was provided in a close by underground facility. Location was nice close to everything and the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Central but uncared for
    • Quadruple Room

An abundance of staff, slightly unwilling to welcome us to the city and give us directions to anywhere, send us to a lift not large enough for 4 (with luggage). The room is compact and open plan (family room) has 2 bathrooms (one with wc one without). The sheets and the floor felt sticky and the 2nd bathroom is too small to properly move around in.

Excellent location though and near underground car park. Nothing overly wrong but a shame the staff are slightly above themselves and the place needs a bit of a spruce up.

Bad experience
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Very small room, you could not turn around even (and I am very small girl). And if You ask for a taxi from this hotell, the taxi asks You 50 euros for airoport trip (it is 7 km only). Feels like robbery:-((((

would not stay again.. Pay a few euros more stay at Mercure
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

casual staff parking at front fenced off breakfast was all gone whe e got down concierge said breakfast cost ectra.. not so taxi driver said two best westerns Roosevelt and new York on avenues sound same

Fabulous week in a great hotel which was very good value for money
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The lift was tiny and so were the rooms - awkward for us as my partner was doing Ironman so we had the bike in the room(!!)

Staff were excellent, bed was very comfortable and everywhere was very clean

No smile, no welcome. You will find cold face in this hotel. Room is very small but this is Nice. OK. In the main gate of the hotel just have one temporary parking place. Nobody can help you to parking there and loading and unloading of luggage.

Great location. Walk 10 minutes to the beach and old town.

Most overpriced breakfast around
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

I had the do not disturb sign up but the cleaning lady knocked on my door and opened it TWICE throughout the day. Also the breakfast was terrible.. I had to clear a table so I could sit down, wait 5 minutes for someone to appear so I could get cutlery, eggs and sausage had run out, had to chase the lady down again to get a spoon.. for a ridiculous €13 I would have expected much much better

Comfortable beds, free wifi worked well

To compensate for not working A/C we did not need to pay...

The air condition did not work, when at the time of our stay there was over 30 C. So despite everything else being ok, I had to downgrade my rating. The device was not cooling. It was more fan than A/C, but even then it made noises like a heavy duty machine. It was really annoying! We could not sleep. And Nice supposed to be a highlight of our tour around southern France.

To compensate for not working A/C we did not need to pay for the breakfast.

The staff were very friendly.
    • Quadruple Room

The staff were very friendly. We had a family room for 4 adults which was very spacious and comfortable. Our only disappointment, was we had water pouring from a vent in the bathroom roof straight onto the toilet and floor, which we needed to use towels to mop up. There were no other rooms available to move us, so we had to stay in the room. When we checked out we were not offered any discount for the flooded bathroom.

no good hotel because no aircon at all all the rooms we...
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

no good hotel because no aircon at all all the rooms we spend all times day and night out side the hotel not good at all the room was over heating temper was over 40 deg we cant sleep at all so this promlem is big issue no aircondetion we have to leave hotel next day to holiday inn was a good hotel and air con was perfect so i have to pay more money to other hotel and out of poket 500 dolars if we can get some back credit . thanks

Nice place close to the centre, cafes and shops.
    • Superior Twin Room

Every evening garbage was collected rather loudly from all nearby streets, had to close the windows to go to bed early.

Nice place close to the centre, cafes and shops. Not new but very clean, changed towels every day. There was a minibar (fridge) staffed for free and coffee machine in Comfort Suite. Good Wi-Fi. Very helpful and friendly stuff. Nice breakfasts.

Great location!
    • Quadruple Room

Things listed below did not alter our great stay in Nice, but these things can be improved to make the value of the hotel even better. Our room could be refreshed. Fridge was on but not cold at all. Electrical towel dryer was partly broken (but I assume working), there were black molds in some parts of the shower. Air conditioning was pretty noisy. Although breakfast was fine with fresh bread and pastries as well as ham and cheese, it was not too family friendly, having only one single babychair....and we had twins. It should be possible to invest in one or two more? Our twin stroller could not fit in the elevator, but we got space in the luggage room. However, a wheelchair may also not fit?? The entrance of the Hotel had a parking space to unload the car, but it was not accessible unless you talked to the staff to open it (thus stopping your car in the middle of the traffic to run in...something we did not feel comfortable to do). Thus we spent 20min driving around to find a parking... and that's pretty kaotic in Nice.

The location could not be more central to shopping, old town and beach and was thus excellent. Beds were great and room was big as expected from our booking. Breakfast was fine with a good choice between salty and sweet. The staff was very kind. Very nice hotel for most guests.

Comfortable hotel, convenient but rather noisy location.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

It was noisy, especially early morning on weekdays when there was a lot of traffic outside (not helped by work on the tram system being extended nearby). However, this may well apply to many locations in Nice especially during this period. Air conditioning worked but difficult at first to get a comfortable temperature in the room, although the weather was very hot! Pleasant eating area with quite a good breakfast selection but we never managed to 'crack' the egg boiling machine!

Good location, able to walk to all the main sites & the station. Having a kettle in the room was a bonus (not always available outside UK) & also a fridge. Ice cubes in dispenser on the ground floor very useful. Able to open the large windows (again not always possible in some hotels) which led onto a tiny balcony. Although there was air conditioning it was good to have the option of some fresh air.

Ideal for a short family break

No negative points.

We had a family room which contained two bathrooms although only one of them actually had a bath/shower in it. The free safe was handy to store our valuables. We were also able to leave our luggage at the hotel after checkout which made our last day so much more pleasurable.

Horrible night
    • Family Suite

After a hot day in Nice our family had a really poor night at this hotel. The air conditioning in our room was going full blast when we checked in, but it was just producing warm air - not cold. When we asked the staff then admitted that the air conditioning in all the rooms (but not reception) was broken (I guess they hoped guests wouldn't notice). They were unable to get it fixed that day, nor offer any other solution. They gave some fans to some guests but when we asked for one, by then they had run out. So later in the evening we threw all the doors/windows open to try and cool our room down, but at 10pm the jack hammering started. Works crews were digging up the street. Apparently it would take most if the night. In a hotel/residential area. Welcome to Nice!!! So it was impossible to sleep. We then did get offered some other rooms on the other side of the hotel, so we packed up everything and moved. But sleep remained elusive as the rooms were still so warm and (ironically) the noisy air conditioning units running outside the window! The staff did also offer us a free breakfast, which was appreciated. But all in all it was an unpleasant experience. We won't be returning to a Best Western hotel or Nice in a hurry. At least the kids loved the hotel's free ice machine.

Free ice

The staff was helpful and informative about Nice and...
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The air conditioner was broken so the nights were Hot. The manager compensated us with a room discount after we complained

The staff was helpful and informative about Nice and surrounding areas

The hotel is close to the beach and shopping area, and has...

The air-con is a bit noisy.

The hotel is close to the beach and shopping area, and has many restaurants nearby. The room is quite big, and has a balcony, very nice. The staff are very friendly.

The Room was dingy.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The Room was dingy. Bars up at the window. The view was like the set of 'West Side Story'. Bathroom was its redeeming feature. The breakfast room, was minimal. No luxury what so ever. It was like eating at a railway station. Nowhere to sit in the evening.

Horrible hotel. Nobody should stay in this hotel !!
    • Quadruple Room

It is worst hotel I have come across. I) carpet smells. Ii) ac donot work . iii) ac repair complaints not attended iv) the room stinks badly v) the linen also smells very bad vi) insects bite while sleeping vii) the bathroom has a peculiar smell. When the complaints are made, we are told that the director is away on holiday.and he connot be disturbed. Very bad experience. I think bookings.com should take this hotel of from its folio.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Perfect location with excellent staff
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Nothing - perfect. Only sorry I didn't try the breakfast!

Excellent service and courtesy. Great location for the beach and Vieux Nice. Vice la France! 😊

Filthy and pricey

Worst hotel ever. Carpet is filthy, dirty, spots all over. entire property smells of cigarette. And bed was infested with tick or flea or some kind of biting insects. I was bitten all over my body and suffered from itching. It is not worth 350e per night at all. Avoid if you can.

Location only.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

This hotel is in a superb location for restaurants, walking...

This hotel is in a superb location for restaurants, walking to the old town and walking to the station. The room was spacious with modern, clean bathroom. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast offered reasonable range of pastries, some hot dishes and continental platters with fresh fruits. We would definitely use it again.

Great location and hotel and the facilities were adequate for what we required for a 3 night trip.
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The air conditioning was not very good which made it uncomfortable at night with the heat.

The location is excellent and reception staff were approachable and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good for short stay
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Tiny elevator (but it was OK). The bed was comfy however it wasn't 100% clean but still quite acceptable. The toilet size smaller than the sink, it was funny to use though. And last, annoying housekeeper in the morning (knocked my door 20 minutes before my scheduled check-out time)

The receptionist that greeted me was really nice and speak good English. I also like the location of the hotel itself plus the price was really a great deal for me

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

A most enjoyable 4 night stay.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Breakfast staff could have been more friendly and engaging with the guests.

The 24hr concierge and the complimentary accompanying hot drinks availability.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The BEST Best Western!
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

A small washbasin or hand sanitiser in the toilet cubicle would be better as you have to go round to the bathroom to wash hands.

Spacious room, lovely bathroom. The toilet was separate which was great. Nice biscuit on the tea/coffee tray. English speaking stations on the TV. Easy walk to everywhere. GREAT staff on front desk.

a hotel not as I expected
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

The staff did not give me the parking card but just told me the parking place, so that I could not enjoy the hotel parking price. Breakfast is far from good by the price.

the facility is good enough.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Perfect for a cheapshort stay on the Côte d'Azur
    • Quadruple Room

Don't think it's on the bus route to the airport and no car park, but not an issue if you are prepared to walk.

Terrific location amongst the red carpeted boutiques two blocks from the promenade. Excellent range for breakfast, smart lounge, large room that slept 5, extra bed was no problem. Quiet, comfortable and clean. Staff superbly friendly and helpful. Nice details like wide range of TV channels and free use of umbrellas. 10 mins walk from train station which is best way to commute along the Côte d'Azur. Excellent for the price

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Good value for money option
    • Superior Twin Room

Small lift only suitable for 2 people at a time.

Plenty of choice with breakfast. Decent sized room and bathroom Lots of channels on TV Tea and coffee facilities Convenient for both train station and sea front/shopping areas.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Hidden gem

There wasn't anything I didn't like, so glad I found this gem

Everything about the hotel was excellent very pleasant staff, our room had a wrap around balcony with three big windows. We weren't early risers so having free coffee and crossaints in the dining area was great and unexpected.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Excellent location and comfortable stay in central Nice.
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Our room was on the small side and a little dark. The old fashioned lift serving the hotel's four floors was tiny (max 2 people) - not a problem for us as we were only on the first floor and able to use the stairs but it could be an issue involving long waits for people with mobility problems or lots of luggage.

The location is very central, right in the middle of the main shopping district and just a short walk from the Old Town, the seafront, the main railway station, a no. 98 airport bus stop and the tram line. The immediate area is upscale with lots of high end designer shops, plus cafes and restaurants and felt very safe at all times of the day and night. We had a very good value room rate for our four night stay, particularly for such a central location, and our room on the first floor at the back of the hotel was surprisingly quiet. It was homely rather than sleek but it was very clean and everything was in good working order. The aircon was effective and the free wifi worked well. We prefer to have a light breakfast in our room before heading out for the day and the kettle, mugs and tea/coffee making supplies (unusual in our experience in French hotels) plus the small empty fridge were ideal. The corkscrew and wine glasses also came in handy and there was an ice machine and microwave for use by guests just off the lobby area. We had a double bed (rather than a king or queen) but it proved comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom looked new, had a decent and roomy shower, and was fresh, spotless, and well laid out. Staff were friendly, helpful and both check-in and check-out were efficient and easy.

Beds were firm but comfortable with nice linens The size of...
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel seemed to be in good shape overall, but the walls in the hallways and rooms could use some repair and paint. The location didn't have great views, but is close to the beach and park and many cafes!

Beds were firm but comfortable with nice linens The size of the room for a family of four was perfect! The bathroom was modern and clean. The staff were very friendly and nice. A good choice for breakfast and there was no charge for our kids! Parking very near the hotel. Its location was very good for a great price, especially if your mostly going sightseeing, not to the beach.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nice in Nice
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

No view but very quiet room

Convienient location, few steps from the pedestrian area. Good value for money under the circumstances - Nice is not a cheap place :-)

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Good value hotel in perfect location

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and we had a superior room at the rear of the hotel which was lovely and quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

An excellent choice for first time American travelers to the Côte de Azur!
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

I appreciated the kindness and effort of Alina at the front desk who helped us find parking and a great place for dinner. She even made the reservation for us. I love France and her people especially those willing to chip away at the language barrier!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Excellent Hotel in the right part of Nice.

Rien

The breakfasts were excellent. The Staff were very helpful . The Hotel was an excellent choice and we would certainly stay there again when we visit Nice in the future. Excusez- nous tous est en Anglaise!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

A great hotel
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Great hotel. Location great for Old Town, promenade and main areas. Handy for airport bus coming and going. Staff lovely. Great to have tea and coffee in the reception area as well as in our room. This is unusual in French hotels. Free WIFi a bonus. Breakfast worth the 12 euros. Have stayed with you before and hope to do so again.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

3 night stay in Nice
    • Family Suite

Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a problem in our room which was solved professionally. Comfortable rooms. We had a family suite which is convenient for 2 adults and 3 children (an extra bed was added). Excellent breakfast. Close parking available for an additional fee, but book it in advance.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Nice Stay
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The first room we were given had a bad/stale odor. I think the rooms need to be aired. A bit dated in its decor. A bit of a challenge to drive up to the hotel as the parking spot is cordoned off and one has to get the front desk person to come and move it before you can unload your bags. There is NO doorman and if one is travelling alone and driving up to the hotel in a car, it can be a challenge on a very busy street. Would have helped if the instructions on the booking stated this.

Location - ideally located from a tourist point of view; The night staff when we did the checkin on Aug 28th night was exceptionally helpful; We had an issue with the first room. The replacement room was really nice and bigger. Comfortable beds and clean. We were on the inside facing an open courtyard; So very quiet.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Perfect Location - Good Stuff
    • Standard Room with One Double Bed

Stuff was very kind and helpful. We had a lot of luggage and they agreed to store everything, then being very flexible with the check out time as they figured we are a family with a little child and had some arrangements to do.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The breakfast was terrible. We came down at 9:00am and there was hardly any food left with no looks of it being refilled and the scrambled eggs were cold. The taps in our shower looked like they were about to fall out of the wall.

Great location. Walking distance to the main attractions. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Not good value for money !
    • Standard Room with Two Single Beds

The aircon doesn't work - very stuffy in the nights. The wifi didn't work in the room & drops in/out every second The rooms & hotel smells musty & old

Location was great