Reviews of Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel 5 stars

1 Rue Scribe, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#360 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Luxury Queen Room

First room stank of cigarettes, second room was smaller than the first and you needed to be a contortionist to get the toilet door closed. Third room was ok . Also I had prepaid the first night , the second night was DEBITED to my account plus Euro 200 for incidentals. Then on booking out I was again charged for my stay. Three days later I still have not had my Euro 600 credited to my bank account despite telephoning the manager. This is theft !

Excellent location, good concierge .

• Luxury Room

We stayed two nights for business trip. Overall the hotel is a very comfortable one. Decent room size, good service and nice breakfast. One incident, My husband lost his CPAP mask at last hotel and couldn’t sleep at night. The lady name Linda at concierge spent lots of time helped us find and called the pharmacy which may have the mask in Paris. We know it’s not easy to buy mask at normal pharmacy. It’s really helpful and we really feel so relived after following her address and successfully bought the mask. Thanks you again, ms. Linda ! Thanks for your kindness and great service. We really enjoy our stay and for sure will return at next trip. Your kindness make our trip an enjoyable stay.

• Junior Suite with Spa Access

Had issue with no hot water in shower. We were forced to shower one day in a room at the opposite end of the floor. Poor excuse made and no apology from management was given for inconvenience. Room made up very late and parts done by three different people. Coffee cups left dirty in room a couple of times, and only rinsed when they came by, not washed or replaced. A few times we went out in the morning and returned to rest and freshen up before going out again later. Hard to rest with excessive noise from remodeling and construction.

Staff was friendly and responsive.

• Luxury Club Room

Hotel for one night. I do not advise you to settle in it for a long holiday, there are better hotels for the price. The staff was not particularly helpful when checking us in to the room, something was running around and forgot about us a total of minus an hour.

I liked only lunch and a good location

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

Very little, but for tea drinkers, the poor quality tea selection is a let down.

Beautiful location, excellent selection of shopping and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk. In close proximity to the Roissybus for CDG airport, a fabulous hotel for a romantic getaway. Beautiful bed linen and exceptionally comfortable bed. Free wifi and the welcome chocolates were a lovely touch😆

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

If anything to say, would expect a touch more for breakfast, on the same level with breakfast experience in Munich Sofitel Bayerpost for instance ... but still it was reach and great!

Standard of Sofitel hotels in the heart of Paris! Cozy rooms, comfy beds to die for (hot favorite), great room amenities. And above all, really genunine warm and helpful stuff (big +++) - end result is that this Paris base made me feel like home...

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Our room smelled very funny when we arrived and the bathroom was clean but there were still some leftover hairs..

Location was amazing and the staff was very friendly. The beds are very comfy.

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

beds - too soft and inclined outwards, not to my pleasure toilette - I agree one of the previous comments about the separate WC which was tiny and a squeeze to get into and close the door.

personnel - especially the young lady in reception who helped me a lot in my wife's birthday surprise bouquet, the lady in concierge who helped for booking a jazz club, the lady maitre d'hotel of the breakfast, both the elder and the younger waiters in breakfast and the room service -on the contrary to what was said in some of the comments-. location - wonderful, easy to reach most of the iconic places on foot and also 2 minutes to metro. although on a very lively part of the city, the isolation of the windows are wonderful, so you do not hear anything. room has an enough space, not so big but spacious. history of the building - Lumiere Brothers' debut and the first Louis Vuitton shop in Paris.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Bar service was not good at all. Brunch service took forever and was mediocre at best. They acknowledged the error, graciously.

Great concierge service. Outstanding indeed. Great room size. We were graced with a 6th floor room. Good sized and quiet. Very well serviced.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Rooms shabby & not clean. Outlets for power didnt work. Service slow in the bar/reception area. Breakfast expensive and inflexible - I do not need a full breakfast that was my only option. All i wanted was coffee, fruit and yogurt and that meant I had to but a €30 continental breakfast.

Concierge VERY GOOD however - Two concerge member helped with travel and mailing and they were both excellent.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Our hotel room was a little small. The bath had high sides and was difficult and dangerous to climb in and out for showering. Definitely a no go for anyone with mobility issues. The separate WC was tiny and a squeeze to get into and close the door. A wall telephone was place at hip height so often knocked on in error! We didn't receive nightly turn-down as expected and raised this with the hotel.

Staff were helpful and friendly. The location was excellent for getting around Paris on foot or by Taxi.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The lobby of hotel is crwodied with so many people and looks like market , they should adjust the movement and the ambition of the hotel . I booked one night and the management promised me for extend one more night but next day they change their mind for no reason , else they should care a bit of room cleaning .

The location of the Hotel from opera and shopping places and walking to everywhere is perfect .

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

What a fantastic hotel! having stayed in many hotels in paris this one was by far the best. With fabulous staff and incredible location you will not be disappointed if you choice to stay here :)

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

I was appalled by server who refused me to sit at the dinner one evening stating that i did not nook for donner despite that i told hom i was staying at the hotel. It took other servers to give me a table. Clearly it was not an issue of space or lack of food it is somply that he did not want me to be served. For someone who paid more than 4000 Euro, this hotel needs to select its employees as this is a very bad sign

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Free wifi is unacceptably slow. And the paying high-speed option is more a scam than a service. In the year 2017, in a 5-star hotel, you're simply supposed to offer high-speed wifi for free and calculate the costs in your overall rates. A minor but tedious flaw in an otherwise perfect stay.

From arrival to leaving, it was picture-perfect. Staff was exceptional, with a special mention for customer relations manager Pauline. Most dog-friendly hotel we've stayed in. The upgrade to our room was the cherry on the cake for a memorable stay at the heart of Paris. We will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

The room we got at the beginning was a first floor corner room, which is kind of out of our expectation because we were there for our honeymoon and I booked the room ahead. However, the staff were very helpful, and we did upgrade to a very nice room with a little extra cost.

Overall it's perfect. Nice location and facility. The staff was very nice and helpful. Definitely will come back for our next trip in Paris.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

was quite upset to see trash can in bathroom was not emptied when we checked in.

location is great. right across from opera garnier. a few mins walk to galleries lafayette n rue de saint honore where all the boutiques are located. beds were very comfortable. n hermes toiletries were good!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Classic Single Room with Spa Access

The wifi connection was not very strong and it was hard to stay connected for longer than 30 or so minutes. But it was free so I was able to post to the blog to let people know how I was doing and how my 60th birthday was.

The staff made me feel at home in both their hotel and the city of Paris. I felt like family.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Installation in room very noisy (sounds like someone in the room above was vacuum cleaning all night), it kept me awake; the hallway and elevator is smelly; next to my room was a service room where someone was smoking cigarettes in the morning, the smell of cigarettes came into my bathroom.

Location, very friendly staff; spacious room/bathroom; bed is great.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

We ate in Le Lumiere and were very disappointed. It was very casual and really just like eating in a bar. The staff did not seem well trained at all. The food was nice but very expensive for the type of place where it was served. The glasses of champagne were very expensive and the wine list extortionate.

Scribe staff in general at reception and the concierge and cleaners were excellent but the Lumiere staff were sloppy and inefficient and did not reflect a 5 star hotel status. The Scribe hotel also made a lovely gesture for my husband's birthday with desserts and an upgrade to a beautiful suite which was superb. The bed was wonderfully comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The hotel felt a bit outdated. The checkin process takes longer than expected. The hotel actually checks the Credit Card provided by charging 1 Euro before accepting the booking. They said that they usually returns back the euro once the client checks out. That's bad. At breakfast eggs was charged extra.

The bed and the location of the hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The hotel is starting to look really run down. I was really looking forward to staying a plush hotel. The ceiling is peeling, wall paper peeling, the bathrooms are due for renovations.

The staff were extremely helpful, polite and welcoming and location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Nothing to complaint about, everything was just amazing

Breakfast was splendid, I strongly recommend to everybody, it is definitely worth the price. Location - excellent walking distance to Louvre and other monuments, if you prefer, you can take taxi wherever you want - they are at the hotel door all days long. Services - amazing, staff was very friendly, especially Guest Relationship Manager Laureen Debrosse - very professional, customer-friendly, helpful, charming, she really helped to make our stay an unforgettable experience! Besides, they help to to find good restaurants, they book them, and thanks to this we managed to eat in really very nice French restaurants. If you look for a nice place in Paris, I advise yo to go to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

No real complaints, the only thing, if something negative can be said, the storage space in the room was somehow limited.

The room was excellent, with a very large and comfortable bed. The bathroom was faultless too as everything in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

I saw a few features that could be refreshed. But it is a busy hotel in a busy city, so I am sure the maintenance has already be scheduled.

The location is perfect. You can even walk there from Gare du Nord. The lobby bar / restaurant is good for business meetings. I had a luxury room, which was well proportioned by Parisian standards.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

No cons come to mind.

Visited Paris for the weekend with my 13 yr. old daughter as she wanted to practice her French. I chose the Scribe for it's location and figured with the Sofitel name beside it, it would be acceptable. We were not disappointed. The location was great... within walking distance to the things we wanted to do and see. The reception upon check-in was warm and welcoming. And our room was upgraded, without asking. The room itself was modern, spacious (for Paris), comfortable and had a small balcony overlooking the street. The staff was very polite and always helpful, especially the Concierge Service team. Emmanuelle, with whom I had spoken prior to our arrival with inquiries about possible language activities for my daughter was a complete delight. She spoke in French with my daughter the whole time, gave helpful suggestions of places to visit and even gave her a lovely parting gift - a charming book in French. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Simply delicious! As with the other staff members, the restaurant staff was helpful, polite and very attentive. In all, it was a lovely, albeit short stay and I say "merci beaucoup" to the staff at the Scribe. We will definitely be returning!

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Toilet outside of the bathroom without a faucet and the small size was uncomfortable. Breakfast was expensive.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Beds were extremely comfortable. Choice of a tub and a separate shower in the same bathroom was very convenient.Location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

It is a bit pricy for winter and the room will be tight for two people

The bed was comfy and I liked the fact that when I came back to the room from an afternoon walk, the room was tidied up again!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Tiny spaces and corridors , mediocre spa and health club. The bell boy's and the men who stand by the entrance seem little rude.

Their Hermés range of toiletries are surely good. The staff at the concierge and the reservation desk are very courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

The housekeeping was a bit sloppy as towels and coffee for the coffee machine , the used cups and drinking water was not replaced in the night.

Rooms were cosy and romantic...I will definitely be back here next I am in Paris.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

My daughters were so spoiled by everybody, I had to found good arguments to get them out of the hotel!

This hotel is the best one I did in Paris. I was travelling with my 2 daughters and they've been welcome as Princesses. Seeing their big smile on their face was Priceless. The hotel room was beautiful, comfy and quiet. Even the breakfast was great, with REAL FRESH orange juice! I travel a lot, I did many hotels in Paris, but this one is so great I'm sure to go back next time I go to Paris.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Classic Single Room with Spa Access

Location! Left my phone at the breakfast table and went out on my last day . Halfway when i was out of the hotel i realised i had lost my phone. I traced my steps back and the last place was the hotel. I called the reception from the room asking if they had found a phone at lost and found but they said no. I decided to try again at check out straight after my phone call from the room and the guy at the reception made a phone call to the breakfast room and told me they had found it!! That made my day! Thank you hotel scribe. Breakfast was worth it! Lots of selection they even had japanese breakfast 😀

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The fitness center was limited. The bathtub as in a number of hotels is high and can be challenging to get out of. Grab bars would help.

This hotel has a delightful ambiance. From the moment one arrives the staff is catering to your needs. The concierge staff was phenomenal. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well organized. The location is ideal.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

the shower Instead of shower curtain I have seen the half covered by glass type of thing but you cannot shower will full blast without wetting the floor I do not understand why they have this kind of thing Different culture in how to use shower ?

location new and well decorated

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Step into the shower is quite high and it would have been nice to be informed prior to arrival that the walk in shower was only available in certain rooms at 40 euros extra per night.

Extra comfy beds and levels of service and great location

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Junior Suite with Spa Access

Staff could miss you in the little alcove upstairs in in tea lounge so you had to go back down to get their attention.

Staff were welcoming and helpful and the ease of check in was great after a long flight is was nice to be welcomed by a smile and a no fuss attitude. The food and wine selection offered was what you would expect of Sofitel a very high standard. Thank you Scribe for a wonderful stay

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

We should have stayed longer!

The beds were ridiculously comfortable, the double glazed windows/french doors were brilliant and to be able to get fresh air into a room is always a great thing!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

very bad welcoming! There was a guy at the reception who was very rude . They changed our rooms multiple times because of availability! On our day of our departure, the bellboy forgot one of our suitcases because the hotel was pretty busy! we had to miss our train and lose 400 euro for coming back to get it.

Location is the only good thing about the hotel. As well as Guest Relations manager Pauline Basso-Bert Who was really helpful after having trouble with the rest of the reception staff. Concierge staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Tripe room was only a camp bed so a little cramped in room - prob should have known!

Excellent location Concierge very helpful booking a fab dinner for us Son poorly so allowed later check out in one of the rooms - very accommodating

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Bed a bit lumpy - big dip in mattress. Hotel needed prompting to bring extra towels and amenities when the the room was for 3 people, not 2.

Warm and responsive service when requests were made. Excellent breakfasts.

• Luxury Club Queen Room

Reconstruction

Location, breakfast

Food was very good.

our stay was too short

Great hotel, staff friendly and professional, very good location

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

No possibility to get a flatter pillow.

Location’ service, staff, building

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Bath small and shower over bath wasn't great

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

The breakfast was expensive 35 euro and we had to pay extra 10 euro for fried eggs. Every day the same items on the buffet.

Location / Room / Staff - very nice to be here

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

My room faces another building

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

great location !! we got a room whith out a view. upon our reqwest the hotel cnaged our room to one with a wiew.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Sad couldn't go to spa no answer sat reception tried too and no one there Sunday but open according to sign outside the door :(

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Advertised spa is tiny and therefore unavailable whenever we tried to access

Very comfortable hotel in great central Paris location

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

Great location, staff, comfortable beds. Liked club room option with soft drinks available.

Everything was fine

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

location is very good. Convenient to take metro.

Very convince

Limited variety of breakfast, Toilet was tiny.

Location, facilities, deco, cleaness.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The shower was over the bath and the bath was a little too high to get in and out.

Very good location, staff very friendly.

Everything was perfect

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Very comfortable bed.staff very friendly and professional

the room is a little too small for a "superior double room" room 565

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

The continental breakfast was extremely expensive. Unfortunately no boulangerie nearby.

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

The hotel is not really luxury as I am used to. It is more a 4 star. Quite old.

Location is awesome.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Bed was extremely comfortable and breakfast was the best.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nothing to report.

My stay was fine. Nothing extraordinary.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Room too small , table too small

Good safety box and shower

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel with Spa Access

the location was great and the staff very friendly.

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

It's nice place's and the hotel self also nice

Food and the caffee,and location

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Excellent Restaurant

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

There was problem in the shower

Location and the room facility also the clean

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Size of closet, no space for a dress

Location and service

Beds are amazingly comfy

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Bad: Lots noices from other rooms.

Good: bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The gym is too small.

I love the service and of course: the Hermes toiletries :)

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Superior Double Room with Spa Access

No negative comments whatsoever!

Incredibly friendly, couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Will 100% be returning.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Luxury Room with Spa Access

Location exellent, room has big space, comfort bed, nice nespresso in the room. Would recommend this place

Browse Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel traveller photo gallery