Reviews of Sofitel Paris Arc De Triomphe 5 stars

14 Rue Beaujon, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#205 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Queen Room

for the price you pay, the room size is really small. It was fine for 1 person, but if you travelled as a couple and paid nearly £400 a night, I wouldn't be happy.

Lovely hotel, the staff are exceptional!

• Superior Queen Room

Staff kind and attentions. Anastácia and Alain, the concierges, were very supportive and attentions and helped me in deciding tours and restaurants. All the team was very kind, reception, bell boys, garçons, best stay in Paris ever. Location is great, two blocks from Champs Elisee. The breakfast is also very good with many options and fresh croissants. The room is very clean. Best hotel I stayed in Paris!

• Luxury Room

There was a lady for customer relations. Her name was Anastasia. She was so lovely she was so kind. She was always there if needed her. She arranged geeat surprise for my birthday, great! She is the perfect person for an exclusive hotel. Never saw such guest friendly employee (from Heard) in any hotel around the globe. Kind regards, timur iyi

Everything was fantastic. Staff was wonderful. Restaurant far exceeded my expectations. Location was excellent. Steps to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Ellysee

• Luxury Room

I didn't like the staff and the were not welcome at all ..everyday new story about the guaranty money and after 12am we have to know and wait for 10 minute to open the hotel doors..not recommend it at all

• Superior Queen Room

Room lighting system was a mystery to us,nice idea but far too complex for a simple soul.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Concierge facilitated a lunch booking on the bateau mouche shortly after our arrival. Similarly a good recommendation for a meal on Sunday evening at a bistro nearby.

• Superior Queen Room

For the price per night I’d expected a room a little bigger

Staff is helpful and competent Rooms a little small but clean Bed very comfortable Breakfast buffet is excellent

• Luxury Room

Constant restaurant is so-so. Expensive. Food quality should be much better.

All the hotel staff are courteous and helpful, especially the concierge team.

• Superior Queen Room

1- very uncomfortable bed and pillows. 2- The towels were old And not clean, in two occasions towels that they were delivered to the room had spots on them . 3- mistakes were made when ordered from room service poor delivery . 4- Not enough staff at the front desk after 8:30 PM

• Superior Queen Room

There was really nothing to dislike.

Centrally located near Metro and RER this modern facility was perfect for our schedule of activities. But even better the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and accommodating to quests.

• Superior Queen Room

The Housekeeping was very bad didn't clean our room properly left the hairdryer in the same position as how we left it in the morning. Also we didnt get a refill for Shower Gel,Shampoo etc.. And also bottles of water was the same too which we had to call down to the reception and this problem was sorted out. The next problem was a housekeeper rang our hotel room doorbell I didn't open and she open our door herself which I wasn't happy about this plus the next evening the housekeeper rang our hotel room bell this time i did open the door she gave use 2 fruit tea bags at 9:30pm which I was very confused about!!

The reception Customer service was very helpful and good.

• Superior Queen Room

Wasn’t overly impressed with the food when we ate in the restaurant one night. Two of our meals were returned twice and issue not sorted - lukewarm temperature bordering on cold! Not a small issue we thought - it was the seafood ravioli. Two of our diners sent their meals back a second time having lost their appetite at that stage.

Staff, location and facilities excellent!! Breakfast great too.

• Superior Queen Room

Path room either shower or path tube both are not convenient. Path tube has no curtains so water will spill over. Rooms are poorly designed Poor facilities, fitness room is very small no swimming pool Breakfast restaurant is very small and crowded and poor service I cancelled my breakfast at one day.

Clean, comfortable bed, housekeeping is regular concierge are friendly and helpful

• Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed

I booked a Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed through booking.com. However, I just got a Junior Suite when I checked in the hotel. Although the hotel offered me 2 breakfasts, high speed wifi card right away. And next visit upgrade guarantee (it's not a kind of offer if I won't stay in this hotel anymore). It's still an tremendous disappointment to my husband. The reason why I booked this room is my husband does desperately requested bigger room for all hotel stays. So we felt trapped at that time but no other choice for us.

The staff were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Room was beautiful exceptionally clean and the bed was so comfortable I have requested details so I can buy the same mattress for my home!

• Superior Queen Room

Hotel should be very careful when they called for taxi. Unscrupulous taxi driver charged me Euro 100 when the normal charge is Euro 50. Spoils your wonderful stay at the hotel.

Housekeeping staff provided very prompt service.

• Luxury Room

The service upon arrival was very friendly and welcoming, the room was smart and clean. My wife and I loved the shower/wet room and the big comfy bed. Perfect distance from George V metro station so you can quickly get to Chatelet and from there the Louvre or a walk across the river into the Latin quarter. Nice touch with the L'arc de triomphe shaped sugar cubes!

Nothing bad to say

We were upgraded to the Junior Premium suite- the bathroom was beautiful and the room was large Service - excellent Hotel itself very pretty

room are small

the location is a walking distance to the Place Charles de Gaulle. and the famous shops , so I would recommend it for anyone. very clean friendly staff

• Premium Junior King Suite

- At night time check in there was only one staff member and it took half an hr to check and that is incovenient for parents with children. - In room dinning menu and food quality was not that good.

Clean and very prompt staff

• Superior Queen Room

I had requested Almond Milk for my wife whilst booking on the websitewhilst booking. Which was confirmed but not available. That was v v bad. I also thought that the rate was inclusive of breakfast. It should be more clear.

Did not have breakfast.

• Luxury Room

When they make up the room, they can ensure it is clean - they did not pick up the showercap wrappers after they had been used & had left the wrappers as it on the table

The staff was very helpful & made sure our comfort was taken care of. They were very pre-emptive to our needs

• Luxury Room

Nothing, maybe it's a bit pricey.

The location, close to The Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysees' restaurants, shops and metro stations. Very convenient. We watched some of the national day fireworks from our balcony.

• Luxury Room

I have bought a early checkin and when we arrived our room was not ready. We have to wait almost 30 minutes do go to the room. In the same day we try to eat something in the bar. At 10:10pm I ordered a sandwich and until almost 11 pm it had not yet arrived. I canceled my order after knowing that the sandwich machine was in trouble. Why did not they tell me that when I ordered the food? The hotel don't have a well trained staff. Unfortunately, Sofitel is out of my list of the best hotels.

The location and the cleanliness.

• Superior Queen Room

There was nothing to dislike

Beds were extremely comfortable, bathrooms spacious and modern. Loved the Nespresso machine. Restuarant in the hotel was excellent - food delicious and well presented. Staff exceptional.

• Superior Queen Room

The location was perfect for walking to the Champs Elysee and Arc de Triomphe. The rooms were amazing and so comfortable. There is pretty of storage and in room coffee station. Lovely hotel.

• Superior Queen Room

There was no security scanning at the entrance and that was worrying in the light of events in today's world. The room was not as spacious as I would have loved or thought going by the booking.com description

The location was excellent for a solo traveler, bed was very comfortable

• Luxury Room

I was having a very different opinion about Sofitel but this one was not even close to that. Most of the experiences were negative - a) Restaurant staff were very rude and they do not know how to treat the customers. b) Breakfast options not good - very limited and routine. c) Not much option for Lunch and Dinner. d) In house restaurant didn't even had veggies for preparing a Salad for a dinner :( e) At 10:30 - nothing except a soup was available for dinner in an in house restaurant - then hows it a 24 hour restaurant? f) Doorman staff were not that friendly.

Hmm.. good question! but to be honest, it didn't meet my expectation. Room service and house keeping was bit ok.

• Superior Queen Room

We had a wonderful time here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and attended all of our needs. Check-in and Check-out were swift and uncomplicated. The croissants at breakfast were delicious. The hotels location, near the Champs Élysée, made it very easy to explore and enjoy Paris. We will return here for sure.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior Queen Room

We really could not point out anything negative about our stay.

Staff were incredibly helpful and pleasant. They really all went out of their way to look after us. This really stood out for us.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room

We were the guests of the day at our arrival, received beautiful and comfortable room with welcome drink. Service is excellent, staff is polite and discreet. However the room had street view, noise was filterd by the windows which ensure us relaxing nights and afternoons in the room. I strongly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Luxury Room

We haven been in dring congress time and the room is far overpriced... When sleeping with open window it is pretty loud. AC users might not face that problem.

Hotel is very clean and has a nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Low internet speed. (Massive charge for high (usable) speed internet) Had to wash our own cups (think house keeping missed them) Room service was of good quality, but we had one meal turn up cold and the prices are quite high.

Super comfortable bed. Staff were really friendly. The staff Spoke better English than me (I'm English) The location right next to the Champs Elysee was ideal for getting out and seeing the city. View from room was lovely.

Booking.com did not make it clear that I hadn't paid for breakfast with the booking - or maybe I made the wrong assumpton. I had to pay the difference during checkout! Breakfast was a great spread and delicious, but quite pricey.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sofitel Arc de Triomphe and intend to make it our regular place to stay whenever we visit this great city! Particularly liked: our junior suite, the guest lounge with its books, the gym, the bar, and breakfast!

• Superior Queen Room

We had to move rooms because there was bed bugs we had spent an awful lot of money at that hotel and was extremely disappointed.

The staff was lovely great service lovely food in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Not great value specially considering $1000 per night paid for Prestige suite and without even having breakfast included.

Great location - small rooms (typical of London & Paris) even whilst being in a junior suite however ended up moving to Prestige Suite after 3 nights with 50 sqm of space but very expensive at almost $1000 per night. Great staff and service. Dined at their great restaurant Les Cotittes for 4 nights in a row. Magnificent food and great cocktails.

Small room even Jr suite was not spacious Breakfast is poor Wi Fi is quite slow

Good staff Clean rooms Fast service Area is quite and close to everything I would like to stay again here

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Washroom sliding door got jammed and one door couldn't slide any more. Couldn't fix it myself and found separation between door and wall dirty from lack of cleaning. This is why the facilities and cleanliness parts didn't receive better grades. I would rate this a 4 star hotel and not a 5-star.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room

In-room dining menu can be improved with more casual options. Hygiene could be better. Automated procedures to welcome guests can be more personalised. It was great to have a cake and a letter to wish me a happy birthday, but the title was "Mr" instead of "Miss/ Madame/ Mademoiselle.

I stayed for my birthday & got a nice happy birthday card & cake. Very nice & helpful staff. They try their best to understand your requirements regardless of your French language skills. The concierge helped me to book dinner in a restaurant that I wanted to try. The location is good for those who look for a quiet stay and do not mind walking for few minutes to the Champs Élysèes. Taxis are available easily, too, and not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Luxury Room

The Bose sound system is outmoded and can't be used with current generation iPhones without a Lightning-to-16Pin adapter.

The location was superb; right in the middle of a quiet neighborhood, yet not too far from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysées. The staff were all excellent and charming. The food came in generous amounts (compared to most places I've been to); I actually couldn't finish the meal I ordered.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed

The bed mattress was not great. It was a king bed that felt uneven. It was higher in the middle and flat on the ends. That's what happens to a spring mattress. Nothing feels right when your mattress at home is a Tempurpedic. Also, the room was a little small for a Jr. suite but I guess it's normal for Europe.

The staff was excellent!!! Restaurant was amazing!! Perfect locatiion! Overall experience was A+

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed

the rooms are not sound proof, you can hear everyone around you. after certain hours at night, you won't find a person to help you with your staff.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Queen Room

I don't have anything to complain about.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming! Room was amazingly clean and all facilities were extremely pained greatly. Food was also very nicely served

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Luxury Room

We did not have electricity for a night (temps were sub-zero) due to unscheduled maintenance!! Room isolation was poor - door of neighbor very loudly heard and can hear neighbor conversation Room was too small

good location - in proximity to Arc and Champs Elysse Comfortable bed Hotel concerned with safety - door locked after 1 and need reception to open it

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Small rooms Poor breakfast Room was ready after 2 hours Location far from main attraction No spa Very expensive Poor room cleaning I have to call and request for tooth brush and paste and coffee No view at all

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. We were overjoyed to hear we were upgraded when checking in, which made our trip extra special ! Location couldn't be better, at the centre of everything !

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Luxury Room

Inadequate Human Resource Management- The service level was good in patches - good part was that at the checkin they accompanied us to the room. On the other hand, I had to wait for a long time at front desk to get an additional access card at least 15 minutes and then for conceirge at the time of checkout another 20 minutes so definitely something not to talk about. In the end, I noticed conceirge focal person came personally to pick the luggage. May be staff shortage or poor resource management!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room

We were warmly welcomed by the check in staff and give a personal tour of the facilities before being taken up to our room. Large room with a huge comfortable bed, sofa, chair and table, flat screen TV and a Bose audio system. Large en-suite bathroom with walk-in rainfall shower. Nice bar downstairs with attentive staff. Didn't frequent the restaurant as went out for breakfast and dinner. Expensive, but given it's central location, not overpriced.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed

The staff was always accommodating and helpful whether we needed help with a reservation or an extra for our room. They were patient with our rudimentary French and always willing to speak with us in English. When hailing a cab for us, they always made sure we could communicate our destination to the driver. The room was beautiful and the bed and pillow the most comfortable we have ever had in a hotel. The location was wonderful, just a few steps from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs de Elysses and just a short cab ride to many of Paris' landmarks.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Premium Junior Suite with King-size Bed

Lovely, modern hotel situated in a great position close to Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. Extremely polite and friendly staff, room was spacious with lovely bathroom, freestanding bath and spacious shower. Bed was the most comfiest hotel bed I've slept in. Would definitely return and can't recommend enough.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Let me start with the welcoming team at this hotel. The morning Staff were very nice and kind. The team are happy to support guide you and give you information. the hotel in a great location next to the metro station. All in All good value for what you paying for.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Internet is not fast.

This one of the best hotel in Paris . Has it all .excellent staff member there were very cooperative , fully equipped room, the bath room is full and very convertible I never see like it in Paris , very clean room , and excellent location .

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room

You can hear everything. We had a trouble when sleeping because you can hear everyone and especially the doors slamming. The location of the room was horrible it was next to the housekeeping I think.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room

I left my passport in my room. The cleaning lady located and informed front desk. Front desk located my mobile number from my booking and rang me. I made my train. This was an excellent example of good training and service. Please pass on my thanks.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Luxury Room

Was my honeymoon and requested before hand that the room be made more romantic. Nothing was done.

Staff were extremely friendly. Restaurant part of the hotel was 10/10

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

I travelled to Paris with my mum for a short break. The hotel was beautiful inside and out. Perfectly located on a quiet street close to the Arc de Triomphe. The room was amazing and bathroom was beautiful. The staff were all extremely professional, accommodating to all of our needs - going out of their way to assist - and very welcoming. Breakfast in the restaurant was also excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room

no desk in room no ironing facilities check in clerk mentioned that we got upgraded, although we got the room we booked, no upgrade.....

overall nice stay

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Relatively small rooms. Every day several times the electricity (lights) went out. Internet quite slow.

The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms have a nice modern touch. There is free internet included. Quite location but still close to the Champs Elissee and the metro station at the place de Charles de Gaulle.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room

both my wife and I got lost so we went back to hotel later than stipulated time, however, I was very impressed by the lady, probably her name is Louise who told me not to worry, and she was so kindly to offer me water as she saw me sweating. I really enjoyed such hospitality and shall come back on my next visit.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Luxury Room

Rooms were not as spacious as i thought it would be due to the layout. like most properties in paris, the toilet is separate from the rest of the bathroom.

the staff were super which really makes such a huge difference in any hotel. the room and the hotel in general was extremely clean and everything worked the way it should. complimentary water everyday was very welcomed. i rarely find this in hotels outside the middle east. espresso machine in the room was fantastic, should be a new requirement to get a 5 star rating. if you have a special occasion the hotel is more than happy to help you organize anything ahead of your trip, from flowers to chocolates to even reservations.

It was alright in total

• Premium Junior King Suite

service in or room we cant charge our phone

les cocottes resto

Would have liked a bath

Efficiecy in general

• Superior Queen Room

Staff was amazing proffessional and very helpful

Very small bathroom

Bed!!

• Luxury Room

The bed was too soft. Not much amenities given, had to ask.

Staff were very good and very friendly. Good location.

Very small room size

Good Location, friendly staff, modern facility

• Luxury Room

Breakfast not offering enough variety for base option

Bed very comfortable Concierge attentive to getting our tours sorted promptly

• Superior Queen Room

Room size must be equal to category

Bathroom door was bad

Location, breakfast buffet, staff are very very friendly.

Fantastic welcome by the check in staff. The lady showed us around the property. Did everything to help. It was fantastic

• Superior Queen Room

in no way 5 stars; decoration and facilities of the room, no cosy lobby,you should expect max a 3 stars hotel in every aspects

• Superior Queen Room

Not a lot of Breakfast options

Perfect location and friendly staff

Browse Sofitel Paris Arc De Triomphe traveller photo gallery