Reviews of Hôtel Sophie Germain 3 stars

12 Rue Sophie Germain, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#387 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Quite lovely

Breakfast could be better.

Lovely hotel with nicely decorated rooms. My room was quite small, fine for a day or two, however not very comfortable for a longer stay. Staff at the reception very nice. I liked the location. Just a bit out of the centre in a very interesting part of the city with lots of nice cafes and good restaurants.

Excellent! (Except the parking)

At the info it said to have private parking, and we asked while we made the reservation for a parking spot. The hotel only has 2 spots, which were already taken while we got there. So we had to park the car at an (expensive) parking garage for 40 euro's a day.

Hotel Sophie germain was really lovely. The room was nice and clean, gave us a feeling of luxury (there was a rain shower!!) and the beds are very comfortable. Also, we enjoyed a really good breakfast! Next time if we go to Paris, I would really want to go back to this hotel.

Comfy bed, excellent location, clean and modern room.

The room we got was very small. It was ok for 1 night sleep. For a longer stay, I would recommend taking the 15m2 rooms. I don´t know how the distribution of guests is made. When we booked the night, there was just one option for double rooms and no differentiation. We had 2 carry on luggage and could barely fit it in the room and we could not use the mini-fridge because it doesn´t even have enough space to open.

Comfy bed, excellent location, clean and modern room. The connection to both Orly and CDG airports is very convenient.

Great Hotel, Wonderful Staff

Cosy hotel just across the street from the Mouton Duvernet metro stop. The staff are all wonderful and the room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was newly renovated and the powerful shower was amazing. It's located in a nice residential area and there are plenty of eating options surrounding the hotel. We stayed 8 nights in the middle of a heatwave and we never once felt uncomfortable in our room. We will definitely stay here again on our return to Paris.

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel.

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Pleasant staff and Sophie went above and beyond hellping us with reservations and arrangements foe my mother in law that was PWD

Nice boutique hotel for a comfortable stay in Paris

The hotel is in a good location with close proximity to the metro. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was modern. The staff are friendly but request that you hand in your key card to the reception when you leave, I felt like this was a nice security feature until a new person was at the desk and I just mentioned my room number and he gave me the card. Unless they literally have face pictures of all their current guests behind the desk, I feel like they should at least ask for your surname to ensure you are the right guest, at least for the first time they see you since the 24h reception rotates employees.

100% perfect for your stay in Paris

If you find something you didn't like I would be amazed. If you did, I am sure management would sort it for you straight away.

Everything, service and quality of hotel and rooms was amazing. The managament are the best I have experienced in a hotel and the beds super comfy for me and my young family. Bathrooms are the best ive experienced in a long time.

Great location, 2mins from tube station with good connectivity to gare to Nord, st Michel etc. Lovely staff, proactively reached out before I arrived to give details of local attractions and restaurants and very helpful when we arrived. Would highly recommend this hotel as base for trip to Paris.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Decent 3 star at a great location in Denfert

Noisy a/c and slightly weird configuration of the bathroom. I stayed on the top floor where the ceiling is coming down on the sides and above the bathtub so not much room for standing and having a proper shower.

Great price for a clean, modern well located hotel.

This hotel is a little gem supplying everything a savvy traveller needs and nothing you dont. In a wonderful part of town. Lots on the doorstep and well connected via easy and direct metro.

Comfortable bed, nice and clean bathroom.

Comfortable bed, nice and clean bathroom. Very friendly staff, Good and varied breakfast buffet. Better value for money than many central Paris hotels.

I would not comeback to the hotel and I don't recommend it at all.

awful service, awful breakfast and the rooms are too small.

The website explicitly said that they have iron, however, I needed an Iron and they didn't have it available. They had only one for all the rooms!!! How much can an Iron cost? They, of course, should have more than one if they advertise that they have!! If you are travelling because you have to attend a meeting this is one of the worst scenarios. The guy at the front desk didn't care, he was not helpful at all.

A very nice hotel.

The internet is very slow.

A very nice hotel. Not far away from metro station and located in a good neighborhood. Small rooms but nice and comfortable. Bath new and clean.

Nice, pretty well managed

The bathroom facilities were nice but there was some issues with the equipement (not so solid)

Bed was nice, the room small but that is the norm in Paris for this price

Nice surprise

Breakfast could start a little earlier than 7 am

The hotel is really comfy and has a brand new, actual design, all details are perfect and the location is quite nice, in the heart of the 14th arrondissement of Paris, close to Rue Daguerre and Denfert Rochereau station , which give access to both Paris' airports. A really nice discovery.

Well maintained room with a new furniture.

The wifi requires to login and re-login every time you connect. There was not much space between the bed and the desk. Breakfast was quite expensive for what you get (basic French breakfast).

Well maintained room with a new furniture. Kettle to make a tea. Good wifi connection. Large work desk. Comfortable bed. Room was clean and quiet.

the address - the hotel is situated very well close to Metro...

The staff treated me very rude: The day I arrived I called the hotel to tell that I was late and I asked if the hotel had me on their guest list? My daughter overheard the conversation. Arriving later the reception had sold my room, could not find another one and told me it was my fault. The last room they sold one hour before. Why tell me that the hotel expected me? I had to find a place to stay on my own at 11pm and the hotel would not pay for a room at another hotel. They claimed it was my own fault and that a phone call was not a prove. I had had several calls to the hotel before as I booked back in August 2017 and my stay was in October 2017. Next day I went back and the reception was rude again, asking what I had learned? I give Hotel Sophie Germain lowest rate on service - I have never in my whole life been treated so bad. The reception did not offer me a gals of water while I waited for them to find a solution, which they did not. Asking me what I learned shows me that the hotel did not learn anything. Very negative experience late at night in beautiful Paris!

the address - the hotel is situated very well close to Metro and RER and a beautiful shopping area

Perfect hotel in perfect location

Breakfast costs 12 extra euros, but this is the rule in Paris' hotels

Clean and cozy rooms, welcoming staff, perfect location (100 m from the metro station), wi-fi perfectly working

Clean and great value for money!

Size of the bed is rather tiny for two people... this coming from relatively petite couple (asians)

Staff were helpful and fluent in English - tried looking for power adapter for our electronics (although somebody else already borrowed. Breakfast was good and properly set up - sufficient with fresh croissants, ham, salami, cheese, cereal, yoghurt, juice, coffee/tea, baked bread. Nice tiny little hotel that exceed my basic needs

Fantastic hotel for your stay in Paris, looking forward to a return trip.

There was only one iron for the hotel in order not to sacrifice space in the rooms... next time I'll pack less wrinkly clothes!

What a great small hotel in Paris! The rooms were beautifully decorated and well designed for maximum comfort in European sized hotel room. The bed was comfortable, shower was fantastic, room was clean and the location can't be beat. It is directly across from the Mouton-Duverney Metro stop and a short walk to the Denfert-Rochereau train station. It's located in a residential neighborhood and everything you need is only a short walk away. We enjoyed the Saturday markets just up the streeet - fish, meats (got a great rotisserie chicken!) and vegetables in wheeled wooden carts. The hotel staff was cheerful and helpful. I highly recommend staying at the Hotel Sophie Germain!

holidays

The room is very very small.

We like the location, the metro line was very close to the hotel. We also like the elevator and the bed was spectacular, very comfortable. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very nice and they speak English and Spanish.

Hidden gem

Loved this place! Very charming and wonderful location. Metro, restaurants, shopping all within a block or 2. The staff was incredibly kind - very helpful and made me feel like family!

The room is good, nice twin bed, and is very clean, with...

The lift is pretty small, and the breakfast is a bit expensive and not very worthy.

The room is good, nice twin bed, and is very clean, with modern facilities.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Good location - Functional but not very warm

Very small room. Minimal provisions tea or coffee and no breakfast on premises. Lobby tiny no area to relax in or have a drink or coffee.

Good location to access 14eme arrondissement

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

About a week before arrival, the hotel manager sent an email...

The hotel isn't really close to any of the major attraction sites (only the catacombs). Nonetheless, it is 5 minutes away from Denfert-Rocherau, which gives easy access to the most important attractions (e.g. Notre Dame, Arc du Triomphe), as well as easy access to Orly Airport (via bus or train) and to the southern suburbs of Paris (via train).

About a week before arrival, the hotel manager sent an email inviting the guests to submit questions or special requests. The helpful and personalized response I got was a very pleasant and delightful surprise.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Nice hotel, good staff and easy to find.

No real grumbles about the hotel, apart from the price of water in the Minibar. Happy to pay for Beer but it would be nice to have a bottle of water provided free.

Nice hotel, good staff and easy to find. The room was stylish, very clean but a little small. The Hotel does not have a bar and the minibar is a little pricy, but there are plenty of Bars and Shops in the near area. Given the proximity of the Hotel to a RER B station, it is great for CDG airport and to be honest I suspect that I will visit this Hotel again,

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Room too small

Room too small

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Recommended

The hotel is walking distance from the metro station and a few restaurants/bars. Modern, clean.

Staff was wonderful!

Price was a bit much for quality offered.

Staff was wonderful!

Good value hotel, recently renovated, great staff, metro...

Rooms relatively small, although that is common in similar Paris hotels

Good value hotel, recently renovated, great staff, metro station nearby

Quiet and for Paris standards Spacious room.

Quiet and for Paris standards Spacious room.

Almost perfect

Ventilation in the bathroom was quite noisy (can be noticed from the room)

Almost perfect

Breakfast was great.

Wifi was very slow, almost unusable.

Breakfast was great.

Very kind staff and nice area.

Very kind staff and nice area. There is a tube station near the hotel.

Central and comfy

Quite small rooms but the layout is OK

Same as always, helpful staff, nice furniture

Central and comfy, efficient staff

a problem with the shower drain and some flooding... but it was solved by the staff quite promptly

comfy and clean as usual

Central, comfy, design

rooms could be a little more larger, it would be better to have coat hangers

Comfy bed, nice bathroom, quite and central, very pleasant design

Nice and clean property.

Bit noisy. Breakfast quite expensive. Wifi very slow.

Nice and clean property. Friendly staff. Good location close to Denfert-Rochereau.

Very nice hotel.

Very nice hotel. Room was nicely appointed and had coffee/tea facilities. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

It was ok....ish

The room. Stained carpet in the room and corridor. Room didn't look like pictures

The bathroom

Very comfortable, I have now found a hotel in Paris I will be happy to return to

Nice room, helpful staff, close to metro, shops, restaurants etc

Great please and very cheap if booked at the right time. Would definitely recommend

The only thing was the slow wifi

The staff were brilliant

location is good.

location is good.

Good

Only 2 parking spots with prior reservation

may come back here again

why the hell booking shows a german flag next to my comment?

Location, parking - book it earlier, staff,

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Comfortable

The configuration of the room looks a bit odd: the bathroom is separated from the toilet, although it is not too bad.

The location is very convenient.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Always stay here for my Paris visit,nice staff, cozy,makes...

Always stay here for my Paris visit,nice staff, cozy,makes me feel like home!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Warm and helpful welcome.

Nothing really. Although breakfast is expensive. But this is true of many hotels in France. Decent good strong coffee and a croissant would do us fine.

Warm and helpful welcome. Extremely amenable to our early check in. Great location. Modernised facilities A kettle in the room Super shower. Gorgeous comfortable bed. Choice of pillows. Lovely toiletries. Close to a good shopping street ( Muji, Lush, Zara , rue Daguerre food shops and Denfert-Rochereau RER B as well as Mouton-Duvernet metro.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Beautiful room with great facilities, not far from main...

Beautiful room with great facilities, not far from main attractions of Paris, but suitably situated in a quiet street. Close to metro station. Great price.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

The location is good, close to many nice streets and...

The room is very small and compact, as well as the bathroom, but it's ok just for a few days. Every morning around 9 during our stay there was reconstruction going on right behind our wall. That drove us a bit crazy. But overall a nice stay.

The location is good, close to many nice streets and restaurants. Train station and metro stop are just minutes away. We could return again.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

The location of this hotel is convenient for RER-lovers (in...

Rooms are really small, though not the smallest for Paris. Wi-Fi connection is not convenient (you are always redirected to the start page and you have to reconnect very often), thought it is working well. The breakfast is rather poor.

The location of this hotel is convenient for RER-lovers (in case you prefer RER to get to/from CDG or Orly airports) and the users of Orly-bus. There not so many cafes around as in the main touristic areas, but there is no problem in finding a place to eat. Besides, there is a large shopping area near Denfert-Rochereau and a few Monoprix shops around. The rooms are tidy and the staff is welcoming.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Location is very good and very near to the metro station, ...

The greeting and welcoming that i have received from the lady at the reception on the day of our arrival was not acceptable at all to me as she started to shout at me as I'm her 4 years old child and she is giving him a lesson!! why is that ? because i had my little kid ( a five years old daughter ) checking in with me and i have a reservation only for two adults!!! i tried to explain to her that she is below 6 years old and according to the international standards there is no problem at all , also in your hotel description you mentioned that all children are welcomed!! (noting that I'm working in the hotels sector for the last 15 years with the top hotels international chains) and that actually my position is a Director so i know what am I'm talking about. .her point was that the room is very small and can not fit an extra bed inside and that they even don't have one..that was totally fine with me as during our that last holiday we srayed in another three hotels before of Hotel Sophie Germain and my daughter's sleep was ending up anyway in the middle of us either there was extra bed or not..anyhow she gave me back the passports in a funny way like get the hell outcof my sight and showed me the way of the elevator with no intention to offer help with my luggage!!! although what happened in the first moment i steped into the property later on she tried to be nicer and courteous , my advise to that lady that she has to understand how to treat her paying customers as they are paying for the service not only for the nice room and the location. one more thing that I didn't like that they dont refill the tea and coffee sachets everyday

Location is very good and very near to the metro station, the room was very well equipped and organized , the cleanliness was very good with a fresh towels change everyday, i had a room on the top floor with two balconies which was superb for us , internet speed was satisfactory , the detailed email with the directions that i have received prior to my arrival and the approved early check in that i got at 9:30 a.m although i arrivedtwo hours later than that time.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

the location is good near RER B and metro line 4 is idea for...

the room is a little bit small, but it is what we excepted in Paris. and the hot water is short in the morning, hope this can be improved.

the location is good near RER B and metro line 4 is idea for transporting to airport. the staffs is very nice and the room is overall in good condition and modern style. it is quiet that idea for relax for the long day traveling.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

It was easy to mind off the metro which meant getting around...

It was easy to mind off the metro which meant getting around was easy. The hotel is comfortable, clean and tidy. The staff are friendly too. This hotel is well worth the price.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Clean.

Untrained personnel. You have to give your key to the "concierge" each time you leave the hotel. No extrra plugs for devices (phone, kindle) in the room. Noisy. / Door of closet is made of metal! Problem with WiFi connextion the first night. / Did not seem to concern the "person in charge". Only a few TV channels. None international.

Clean. Room is small but nice. Bathroom small but nice.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The person at reception when I checked in and out was very...

The person at reception during my last evening was very unfriendly. I wanted to arrange for an airport service to bring me to the airport for my flight the next day, and he had scoffed and pointed out that I should just get there by RER, since the station was a few steps away. While I DID end up taking this route for affordability, I did not appreciate the fact that I had a very large and heavy suitcase that he was "judging" me on choosing a more expensive option - I was not willing to lug up and down stairs (hence the convenience of a cab). He then took a very long time trying to figure out how to make the airport cab service arrangements - even though that is something they offer at reception in a big sign. And he was not happy that he had to be inconvenienced.

The person at reception when I checked in and out was very lovely. She was also very helpful in directing me to the Monop' and other places where I can grab a quick bite to eat.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Room was well laid out and space utilised effectively and...

The elevator wasn't working out last few days which wasn't very convenient.

Room was well laid out and space utilised effectively and housekeeping was to a very good standard.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

Very comfortable bed with generous pillows.

The absence of facial tissues in the bath-room.

Very comfortable bed with generous pillows. Large, soft bath-towels.Easy-to-manage controls on shower. Very close to metro and two of the most scenic bus routes. Excellent fresh-food market and wine-shops nearby.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

i liked the location.

i would have liked more info about all the restaurant choices nearby.

i liked the location. There was a lot of interesting stuff nearby, and it was easy to negotiate the arrondisement

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, 2 minutes...

No objections.

The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, 2 minutes from the nearest Metro station, and 5 minutes from the nearest RER train station. The staff was extremely polite and the room was very clean. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The location is excellent, near Montparnasse station for...

Nothing bad to report.

The location is excellent, near Montparnasse station for trips outside Paris (Chartres, Meudon...), lots of restaurants round-about and the centre is easily accessible. Room was spacious for Paris (i.e. room to swing a cat), clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Absolutely great hotel!

Absolutely great hotel! We were a bit afraid at first due to some of the reviews we've seen. But the hotel is right next to the metro station and close to grat restaurants and even a great street vendors, the line straight from Gare du Nord. The staff was amazing, the room clean, new, confortable, the bathroom surprizingly large. Cannot reccoment enough.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

Satff friendly.

Staff not interested in assisting with enquiries. Expensive for what you get.No services at hotel i.e laundry, tourist info etc...

Satff friendly. Rooms relatively modern. Good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2015

We spent only one night (New Year's Eve) at the hotel...

Poor WiFi spped. Staircaise was being renovated during our stay and the upper floors were filled up with smell of paint. The elevator also got stuck between the floors for half an hour or so (that's why we had to use the staircase, fortunatelly it wasn't us that got stuck in the tiny elevator).

We spent only one night (New Year's Eve) at the hotel and we liked it. Fairly priced and well located, especially if you arrive by Orlybus from the Paris-Orly airport (about 5-minutes walk from the final stop - Denfert Rochereau). Room not very spacy but let's be honest - it's Paris. Room newly renovated and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

Clean hotel.

The hotel is under construction. There is a lot of noise in the early morning. Our room had issues with hot water in the shower for two days and didn't get much sympathy from the front desk.

Clean hotel. Very close to the metro, RER and buses. Great location for restaurants and shopping. 24 hour presence at the reception.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

good size rooms, nicely decorated and great location

bed too soft and breakfast a bit poor

good size rooms, nicely decorated and great location

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

great location

great location

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Rooms very modern with everything we needed and very...

Rooms very modern with everything we needed and very comfortable, great location near to metro

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

location, friendly staff.

location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful.

Someone was smoking on my floor

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Really well presented, bedroom and matress really...

It's really a little room, just to sleep and have a shower

Really well presented, bedroom and matress really comfortable, wonderful shower !

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

Nice , calm area of Paris near Montparnasse.

As many hotels in Paris hotel room was quite small but it had a nice design.

Nice , calm area of Paris near Montparnasse. Renovated rooms.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

It's valuable to recommendation

Require for keeping room card by the receiption when leave the hotel temporarily.

It's valuable to recommendation

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

clean and good location

clean and good location

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Room was a bit small

Room was a bit small

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.