Reviews of Splendid Etoile 4 stars

1 Avenue Carnot, 17th arr., 75017 Paris, France

#111 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

When I checked out , I wanted the guy to help me out to put...
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

When I checked out , I wanted the guy to help me out to put the bags in my car but he said its not my business !! Very rude , this was on 8 July 2018 morning.. Will not come again because of him

The hotel is small,gorgeous,tastefully appointed,and in a...
    • Suite with View

Our biggest complaint was the strongly scented linens. We have stayed in many hotels of varying classes over the years(and more recently,during our European honeymoon),and never have we had such heavily perfumed linens. I have very sensitive skin and fairly bad allergies. Luckily we were only there for 2 nights,otherwise it would have been a much more severe issue. I would recommend taking this into account when laundering all of your linens. Some people with allergy more severe than mine wouldn’t have been able to stay. This was my only real issue with the hotel. I would have otherwise given it 5 Stars instead of 4.

The hotel is small,gorgeous,tastefully appointed,and in a fabulous location. The staff is helpful and quite friendly. The view from our room couldn’t be beat.

Terrible vibration noise at night. Front desk not helpful.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

There were very loud vibration noises for most of the night which made having a good night sleep almost impossible. Called the receptionist and all was told is that noise comes from the other building.. not helpful. We were lucky we only stayed for one night. Would not recommend...

Location was convenient. Room was clean.

Marvellous. I will stay at splendid hotel the next time

Maybe the rooms key!!

The staff and cleanliness are very remarkable. The staff have answers for all your quieries and they a&e very polite and helpful. In addition to this , the location is extra ordinary; close metro station, bus to airport is 20 meters in front of the hotel. It is in the middle of Paris

Best Location. View was Amazing

Non,

Just beside Arc De Triomphe, sunset view was amazing. Restaurant and bar on surrounding hotel, 2 mins walk from metro and bus stop. Very nice place

Location is great however the service of the kitechen is horrible.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Internet speed, kitchen staff were horrible, they would put the phone down and ask to wait, I called 4 times on the same night to get me some food, it was not good at all.

Location and room

Great location, friendly staff
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The room was very small and the double bed rather narrow.

Excellent location, next to the airport bus stop, but also close to attractions, shopping, restaurants. Good sound insulation even if in a busy area. Functional room, although small. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Am upset
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

That front desk drain my money twice before I reach hotel,, what I expect & usual to happen is ( pre- authorization) & with check out once authorization ( not twice) ,, am waiting to refund twice mistaken authorization . Thanks

Brand of shampo, cream

View of the Arc De Triomphe was just amazing
    • Privilege Room With View

When we ordered breakfast to the room with coffee they didnt bring the coffee and charged us for two at the end of the trip..

View of the Arc De Triomphe was just amazing

Clean the drapes. Get rid of smelly fabric scent. Great location.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

View wasn’t quite what I wanted with only partial view of Arc de Triumph. They used some type of horrible scented spray on drapes and linens which was so strong my family had a rash. It would be so easy for them to fix with laundering drapes and linens instead of trying to mask. Transport from airport was dated and dirty.

Great location, central to everything. Cute room except as listed below. Oversized pack n play which was perfect for 2 year old

Location is very good.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The room is very small. Double bed in the room is a bit bigger than a single bed. Shower has a half sized glass door so every time shower is used the bathroom floor gets wet.

Location is very good. Staff is friendly. Clean.

Fantastic stay....highly recommended
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Fantastic location. Was allowed to check in early for no additional charges as room was available. Nice room deco. Comfortable bed. Clean and cosy. Room was cleaned daily. Numerous restaurants around the hotel. The highlight is the view of arc de triomphe.....priceless.....

👎👎👎👎👎
    • Privilege Room With View

Dirty , uncomfortable bed , too much noise from the others rooms you can hear water from neighbor’s bath in the middle on nights , liars deceitful staff don’t believe anything they told you 👎👎👎👎

Just location anything other

SPLENDID!
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Did not like the view from the garden room and the bed looks big on your website but in reality a bit smaller.

Liked the location, staff, service, quality of cleanliness.

Very nice hotel, perfect location and veiw, we booked the...
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Very nice hotel, perfect location and veiw, we booked the room with balcony it was amazing very large and a beautiful view, the staff was very friendly and helpful I love this hotel, next time I'm in Paris I'll book it :)

Best view in Paris
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

The hotel was excellent in every way. Didn’t feel like a hotel it felt like a home while I stayed in Paris for 6days. Will definitely returning to this hotel again in my next trip.

The location is perfect, near Metro, near Arc de T.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

There was some noise from other rooms, it seems the floors are not 100% soundproof, but it was acceptable. Also some midnight street noise but that is normal in the citty centre.

The location is perfect, near Metro, near Arc de T., many restaurants etc all at walking distance. Rooms are nice (Exec. room, others dont know, didnt see)

Perfect room , perfect location
    • Classic Room

the rooms are very cramped , but that's expected in Paris as a whole.

The room was very clean , the housekeeping made it spotless and it was done late morning not like in other hotels where its done late afternoon, so we were never put out of our way to work around that. The staff are friendly , especially Farouk..

Splendid Etoile, Paris
    • Privilege Room With View

no significant concerns, maybe rooms could be slightly larger, but again this can depend on what room you're staying in

fantastic views (depending on room), offering a wide variety of food at breakfast. extremely comfortable bedrooms, with wonderful staff. Would definitely return.

good location & beautiful room decoration
    • Privilege Room With View

I like the room so much it has an amazing view . The breakfast was good but expensive its 25 euro for continental breakfast . The only thing I didn't like about the hotel is there is no room service at night we needed an extra pilow but no service was available according to the reception .

Cold shoulder hotel with poor management and cheating behaviour
    • Privilege Room With View

Cheating hotel staff stealing money from safety. Very cold shouldered reception manager showed no care for guests’ belonging safety and trying to avoid responsibility by threatening guests.

Great location and so romantic
    • Privilege Room With View

Sound proof very weak between the rooms in the hotel .

The hotel was amazing , we had a room with a balcony with amazing view to arc de triomphe . The staff were super friendly and so helpful. The wifi was good and of course the location was super good . You have many cafes and restaurants around the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable with reasonable space .

Overall the location was ideal and the staff was pretty...
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Although the hotel rooms are nicely decorated, the lobby decor looks dated. Doesn’t seems to go well with the entire feel. Also, it would be a plus if they can provide complimentary water bottle on a daily basis, not just on our first night.

Overall the location was ideal and the staff was pretty friendly during our stay there.

Not value for money
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

I booked for two but the recipient staff said only for one after confirming he found out it's for two eventually we got small room with small bed as it's the last room available with no refund second night we moved to bigger room . with this rate I have expected better service with bigger room . However there were nice staff as well

Clean and location

Not the right place for business trips
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Wifi completely unusable, I had to leave the hotel after one night with prepaid rooms because I couldn't do any work at all. The hotel said the rooms were prepaid and non-refundable. Also I was not advised of the payment status on check-in, and when I first advised I might have to leave early, I was told no problem. I will never book this place again!

Location is good, initial welcome also

Very nice location
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

I didnt like housekeeping, they kept on changing my stuff in room, and their cleaning is not that good, but i didnt mind coz overall experience is good.

The superior room with balcony is very nice and spacious. John at reception is very helpful and customer oriented, always smiling and is a very cheerful person.

The bed extra comfy, the room's size was large (larger...
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

The wifi was quit slow I couldn't browse the internet without waiting at least 1 minute for the page to open!

The bed extra comfy, the room's size was large (larger than most hotel rooms in Paris). The room was clean, cool and quiet. The service was excellent most of the staff were friendly except few! The location of the hotel was great near the arch and yet not noisy!

Elegant and comfortable.
    • Two Adjacent Classic Rooms Courtyard Side

We did not have the breakfast, offered at a breathtaking €25. Also, while the neighbourhood is nice, there aren't that many restaurants very close by. And to get to most places in Paris you would take the (easy) metro line 1.

Good location, close to Metro and Champs Elysées. Beautiful neighbourhood. OK internet.

Great hotel
    • Classic Room

Restaurant and bar closed Sunday evening not informed in the website . Water in the room first night only .... why do hotels charge a lot for the room then not leave water complimentary in the room? We were told to walk to the shop at 10 pm for water 😪

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Splendid Stay
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Wifi was very weak. I was able to get it on my laptop computer but could not get connection on my iPad or iPhone.

Staff was incredible ... everyone at front desk extremely helpful and friendly. They could not do enough! Each day I returned, I felt like I had come home. Based on research, I asked for a high floor with partial view of Arc de Triumphe. I got exactly what I asked for. Room large (especially for a city like Paris), bright, with a balcony that had the view to the Arc. Amenities in room were everything you would hope for. Large and well-lit bath. Metro a 2 minute walk, bus to both airports just across the street.

Breathtaking
    • Privilege Room With View

Our stay here was excellent from the location to the staff. We got the room with a view and it was absolutely amazing you could see the arc so close the pictures don't do it justice. This was our first time in Paris and we loved it. Farouk went out of the way to help us and book stuff we wanted to do around the city if it wasn't for him the stay wouldn't have been the same he was as good as the view we had. Would definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great stay in Paris at a great price!
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

We had an amazing stay! The rooms are very cozy with an amazing view of The Arc de Triumph!!! I felt like home my entire stay. Staff was nice all the time! Would definitely stay again at this amazing little hotel!

Great business stay with a view
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

The staff and location of this hotel were great. The hotel is located very conveniently near the Arc de Triomphe and the entrance to the Metro underground. It was very easy to access my office at La Defence, all the resturants and shopping as well as all the tourist sites. And it also had a great view from the balcony.

Fantastic room with the view
    • Privilege Room With View

The room with the view was just fantastic! Very confortable, cozy and clean. Amazing balcony where you just wanna stay whole day. Comfortable bed. Very polite and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Excellent stay - highly recommended
    • Privilege Room With View

Nothing - no faults at all!

Brilliant location, staff were very helpful and the view from the room was excellent. Would definitely visit again and highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Wonderful
    • Suite with View

Very helpful, I got engaged and they helped in every way they could, had roses in the room and rose petals on the bed and they made the occasion perfect, couldn't ask for more. Perfect location and views!!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Great hotel, great staff and great location
    • Classic Room

Rooms were a really nice size. Excellent location. Nicely decorated. The hotel reception staff were so friendly and helpful. Really appreciated this as it was our first time in Paris. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The location is excellent
    • Classic Room

The bed is supposed to be king size and actually it is very small and uncomfortable . Too much nose because of contraction that they did not warned me about it which they should inform me once I booked . The staff are very rude . You asked them for a missing item in the room ( kleenex , towel , toothbrush , etc) .. they had an attitude .

The location is excellent

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

A wonderful stay in splendid etoile hotel in Paris , highly recommended
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

The hotel location was great. The hotel room was excellent and I can say that it can be compared to 5 stars hotels. The room was always clean with beautiful views.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The perfect stay
    • Privilege Room With View

The lifts are a bit small, so big suitcases might be a problem.

The view was absolutely amazing! Very nice and cozy room. Perfect location at the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysees, right in front of the metro.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Well placed for attractions in Paris.
    • Privilege Room With View

Beautiful room, friendly staff and an amazing view of the Arc de Triomphe. Well placed for attractions in Paris, close to the metro and within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Excellent hotel wonderful staff.
    • Classic Room

Excellent hotel wonderful staff. Very convenient location as it's right on top of (literally) a metro via lift. Definitely worth getting the arc de triomphe view.

Perfect place for a perfect stay
    • Privilege Room With View

Staff was friendly but could be slightly more helpful when asking some directions for a good place to eat. Missing a bar or place for a drink. Limited shops and restaurants in the direct area, unless you cross over to the High Street (Champs), drinks in the minibar are overpriced (€6 for a simple coke, but this is a more Paris issue in general perhaps)

Clean rooms, no noise even when so close to the main street, excellent balcony with a super view (5th floor), nicely decorated, safe... everything you need for a perfect stay. Close to the metro station and this line brings you to all good places.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Beautiful room with the best view in Paris!

Can't think of anything we didn't like!

We had a beautiful room for three on the six floor with a full view of the Arc de Triumphe and a partial view of the Eiffel Tower! Every detail was lovely. Newly decorated, I believe, and tastefully done in soft colors, it was a pleasure to stay at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Short, but amazing stay!
    • Superior Room

Had a one night stay at this hotel and have nothing but praise for this hotel. Be sure to get superior room that has fantastic view on Arc de Triomphe and enjoy your morning coffee routine or wine evenings on terrace. Overall room was clean and cosy and very quiet and comfortable for good night rest. Hotel staff was very courteous, informative and helpful. I'll definitely stay here again and make sure it is more then one night...

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The Chief Concierge, Farooq, was extremely helpful with all...

The WiFi was extremely poor! There are a limited number of logins allowed, shared across the entire hotel. You would have to keep refreshing the login page and hope that someone logged out of the WiFi or turned it off so that you could get connected.

The Chief Concierge, Farooq, was extremely helpful with all our luggages. It was of walking distance to the Champs-Elysees and generally not difficult to find for taxi drivers. The cafe across the road was also pleasant and does good cheeseburgers.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Comfy hotel in Arc du Triomph
    • Classic Room

There are not many facilities like swimming pool or gym, and the different areas are very smal like the breakfast room, the lobby or the bar. Not hot food for breakfast.

Very comfortable, clean, refurbished and great location.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Fantastic! Going again in September even though it's a really long walk to my office I'll stay again
    • Classic Room

The breakfast was too expensive and 25 euros meant that I never got to try the breakfast.

The staff were sooooo friendly!! I am a young woman who stayed alone during a business trip and I felt very safe and welcome.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Brilliant. Everything we needed in a stay.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

All good but if the breakfast was included it would have been perfect. The room was very good on 3rd floor and balcony view of The Arch!!

Fab location. Great helpful staff. Breakfast expensive.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Fantastic location and staff.

WiFi was not working for half of my 5 day stay

Fantastic location and staff.This property owner is involved and attends to detail. It shows up with the clean and well maintained property along with his staff's attention to the guests.

1. view from balcony

1. view from balcony 2. Location

No car parking

No car parking

Staff were nice, great location

The room was very small

Staff were nice, great location

• Classic Room

I got the low floor too low to see the view

I got the low floor too low to see the view And noise from the next building knocking at night

Perfect

Perfect

A Triomphe

Location and View

Excellent hotel and staff. In addition - location, location, location. Near a metro stop and the Arc
    • Classic Room

I wish there were English tv channels that were not news.

Rooms were beautiful, clean and very functional. Staff was extremely helpful

Everything 👍🏼

Everything 👍🏼

• Double Room with Courtyard View

They just finished painting in my floor and I smell paint all the time

Fantastic
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Super friendly staff The view and location

The room service was food - they prepared and cleaned the...
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The room service was food - they prepared and cleaned the room very well. The cleaning staffs were kind.

I can’t wait to come back :)
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

The location was incredible and the staff was so very friendly!!

We LOVED it and will recommend it to all our friends
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Location location was perfect. Rooms comfortable and clean

An awesome experience.
    • Double Room with Courtyard View

Great hotel, unbeatable location, amazing services, incredibly helpful staff -- overall one of the best hotels I've stayed in Paris

the smell of the toilet

the smell of the toilet

Breathtaking balcony view.
    • Privilege Room With View

Balcony view of the Arc de Triomphe is worth it alone.

The people who worked there

The people who worked there

Great location Clean rooms

The room

Staff

The room

Rooms too small

This may have been the best hotel stay I have ever had!
    • Privilege Room With View

Price for breakfast was high, but excellent number of choices & quality.

Everything!

Live in the heart of Paris
    • Suite with View

The balcony offers incredible views onto the Arc de Triumph...
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

The balcony offers incredible views onto the Arc de Triumph and the room is very comfortable!

Wonderful views and location. Perfect!
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Parking could have been cheaper

Every need was catered for Pet friendly

Browse Splendid Etoile traveller photo gallery