Reviews of Hôtel Etoile Saint Honoré 4 stars

214, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#653 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

A week in paris

The fridge was not working and after 3 days of complaints they changed it

I had a peoblem with the wifi in the room and they gave me a wireless internet device that I could take anywhere.

Good location, adequate hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was fairly dark. Although I am not too familiar with Paris hotel prices, the price seems fairly high for what you get. Also the hotel has the policy of keeping a 100EUR hold deposit on the credit card that will be refunded at the end of the month? Why?

Adequate hotel. Bed was comfortable. The location was convenient to get to our office.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Perfect getaway
    • Privilege Double Room

The walls are quite thin, we could hear the guy next to us singing in the morning

Great location and the complimentary afternoon snacks/drink is great!

The the rooms we stayed in were recently refurbished.
    • Classic Double Room

Location great, apart from one member of staff all were very friendly and helpful.

The the rooms we stayed in were recently refurbished. There are a couple of things for the hotel to consider. There were building works next door that caused noise very early in the morning (4.30am). The lighting in the room is poor, to see inside the safe you need to stand on a chair. There is no full length mirror in the room. The coffee in the room was replenished on any day. The sound proofing in the rooms was the biggest problem being able to hear every sound (even conversation) in the adjoining rooms, showers going on, doors closing etc. The room doors are also difficult to close. These points are feedback to a hotel that is in a great position. Attention to these points are the unhelpful receptionist on the first morning of our stay (all others were absolutely lovely) would make for a much better experience.

Location was great to get around
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was terrible! This was my wife and mine 1yr wedding anniversary, we arrive and ask if we can purchase a bottle of champagne, man said yes, so we go to our room to drop of bag then return to front desk, man wasn’t there now instead a lady how now says the bar is closed, we then go to shops to buy a bottle there when we return the man is back and said we can now buy some. Room cleaning we put on our door not to clean while we went out, when we return our door was opened with a cleaning inside. On our last night we brought bottle of water from bar, paid €7 in cash, when I checked out in morning they tried to add €7 onto our room. Check out was a disaster!! I paid full price online! I did make a mistake in thinking I paid for city tax online too only to realise I didn’t and apologised for that and paid it but I came down to a bill of around €95 which included the water I’d already brought, borrowing adapter, iron and I’m guessing cleaning even tho we had note on door and I’m not sure what else. Will not be returning, was not made welcome, they did nothing to make our 1year anniversary feel special!! Should not be a 4 star hotel!!!!

Location was great to get around

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Short Stay in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a welcome note from the hotel when we checked in. The room was bigger than we had expected.

Fantastic 4 day stay with excellent view of the Eiffel Tower from our room☺
    • Classic Double Room

There could have been more variety with food offered for afternoon tea, say selection of cheeses. Topping up of wine glasses would be appreciated.

Our room was upgraded☺ Had best night's sleep☺☺ Breakfast well provided☺☺☺ Staff fantastic☺☺☺☺

Excellent short break, would go back at the first opportunity!
    • Family Room

The rooms should have been ready at 3pm but when we arrived at 6pm, we had to wait at the lobby for 20-30 minutes to check in! There weren't enough hand towels in one of the rooms and we were told they could not give us any until the next day.

The location, friendly and helpful staff, free afternoon snacks, comfortable rooms.

Professional for all the people , respectfully and friendly,...

Nothing all was perfect

Professional for all the people , respectfully and friendly, try to do the maximum to anticipate our wishes .. I stayed 7 days in 3 time in May 2018 . I will recommande this hotel to all my friends

We felt welcome and we felt that the staff were there to make our stay special.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

We liked the staff. They were professional, friendly and helpful. We loved the lobby and how comfortable and inviting it was.

Overall good.
    • Privilege Double Room

Surprised that they do not provide amenities for short staying. Also when asked for the first night, would be great to think of putting another for the second. Breakfast seems a bit overpriced.

It was very convenient from and to the Airport while being in an absolutely amazing location nearby the Arc de Triomphe and all the nice things to see in Paris.

To be avoided.You can find better value easily.
    • Classic Double Room

Parking garage difficult and very expensive Hotel price twice as expensive as the 4 star hotel next door where the parking lot is located. Elevators very small,hotel room small.

3.5
    Nothing was especially good or exceptional. Everything was average to really bad.
    • Classic Double Room

The beds where not done properly. The personal at breakfast was loud and not nice. We didn’t feel comfortable. The elevators (2) are incredibly small. The room while renovated felt so old. The bathroom is so old. It was a big disappointment. Not the best hotel for anyone who wants to relax and have a good family time. But good location for anyone who just want to shop.

The placement is good.

I will never visit that hotel again and I’ll never recommend it to others.
    • Classic Double Room

I didn’t like anything in the hotel beside what i said in what i like. Poor hotel not as the reviewers said not as it’s what shown in the pictures even the rating is fake from what I saw for 5 nights staying with them. Also, the staff weren’t good at all.

I only like the outside wifi that they give it to the residents for 5€ per day, and kind of the location.

Poor value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The room was in need of renovation with damp marks and stains on the ceiling and walls. The bathroom was not fit for purpose. The sink was disgusting, full of cracks, the drain didn't work so water would not go down. The taps were loose and broken. Luckily we were staying one night or we would have moved to another hotel. I alerted reception that the sink was broken soon after arrival and heard nothing back. When checking out i showed the receptionist videos of the bathroom and broken sink. Her reply was 'I hear you' and that 4 stars in France doesn't mean anything. For 134 Euros a night I would have expected a working bathroom at the very least.

The concierge was very friendly

Fantastic people, fantastic stay, fantastic Happy Culture
    • Classic Double Room

All people were extremely friendly and accomodating, from A to z, on the phone and on-site. You dont just say Happy Culture - you all LIVE IT. Best experience ever. Thank you very much.

Easy and affordable hotel for visiting Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

The elevator is super small so we couldn’t take our buggy ; the bathroom was freezing; the carpets looked like they needed a good cleaning.

Location, « Happy Time » every day, Marion, Mervet and the doormen we’re all very nice and helpful. We were given one of the bigger rooms as we have a 2 year old and that helped a lot.

Never again
    • Classic Junior Suite

Our room looked nothing like the photos. I paid for a junior suite and received a tripe room by the photos. It also had damp along one wall with paint coming off, the shower was pokey again with paint and plaster hanging from the ceiling. I am also wondering if this property allows pets as I am covered in bites on my ankles! Not 4 star at all.

The location was great and the hotel lobby looks attractive and welcoming.

The room was very good and the location too
    • Classic Double Room

They do not have WIFI access although they said that on their Webpage. They provided me with a WIFI pocket, but I had to requested it and wait. That is not good. Currently to have internet access is very very important

The room was very good and the location too

Worst stay in my trip
    • Classic Double Room

One of the worst hotel stays in my life, thanks god it was only 1 night. firstly didn't allow me to park in the hotel parking. they said your car is too big and my car was economy sedan car, maybe their parking built for only Mini coopers. secondly, they gave us a very old room with disgusting smell i couldn't sleep then i asked them to switch to another room. A/C wasn't working. you have to call them to turn it on. staff don't know the basic procedures of checking in and out. To sum up it's rickety old hotel.

Only breakfast

I felt bad because I took my niece to Paris for her first...
    • Privilege Double Room

I felt bad because I took my niece to Paris for her first time and we stayed here. I felt embarrassed because the interior of our room looked nothing like the photos. There was damage to the bathtub and toilet seat. There was no mirror other than in the bathroom. The decor was early modern college dormitory (dark brown indoor/outdoor carpeting). This short street is not far from the Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe but it sits at an odd angle so it was tricky to find - even for the Parisian taxi drivers and our Parisian friends who drove us back one night. Weird! On my return the following week, I stayed elsewhere and was totally satisfied.

I bioked a double room with twin bed unfortunately i got a...

Poor reception

I bioked a double room with twin bed unfortunately i got a double room with queen bed we ask to change the room or do something they told us they will talk to housekeeping to separate the bed but we check out with a queen bed sad of that carelessness specially i was there for only 3 nights

Fairly basic but comfortable, good sized rooms and friendly staff.
    • Privilege Double Room

Location is further away than it appears to be, one of the breakfast staff was a bit brisk and the hotel is really quite basic for the cost. they are also still holding a charge against my card from 23rd August which is down to international payments but I wasn't informed it would be held, we paid in full and we used my husband's card as the reserve whilst we were there so a little frustrating but can't be helped!

Hotel was a bit more basic than it looks on the images but still really comfy and the room was way larger than we expected. Good location, a little further back from the Champs Elysees than we first thought but no bother. Hotel was clean and reception staff and one of the breakfast staff were friendly,one was a bit brisk but didn't ruin it! Free umbrellas very much appreciated! Airport Shuttle is actually just a taxi at 54 euros so it is much easier and cheaper to get the metro and RER and about 11 euros each!

Excellent Hotel to stay In.
    • Family Room

Housekeeping need to be improved in terms of cleanliness, availability of toilet accessories, Towels smell!

As a family we enjoyed our stay was very comfortable. Very helpful reception staff, bellboys, Great Location, Close to Metro, etc...

Amazing Hotel ,Very helpful staff .
    • Classic Double Room

Amazing Hotel ,Very helpful staff .I would like to thank George and Mervat from the Reception Team .George allowed me to do early check in at 7 AM and next day he upgraded my room without any extra money . hotel is closed to Champs-Élysées street and Arc Triumph .

Good family suite close to Arc of Triumphe
    • Family Room

The flooring was awful in our rooms. Extremely old carpeting and the floor creaked. We all wore our flip flops. Shower heads are low but have the removable handles.

Family suite was ideal for our family with one older child and one younger. Great location close to the Arc. This gave easy access for the hop on / hop off buses. Our rooms had a top view of the tower. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms nice. Breakfast was great. Just enough options for everyone to start the day and to save money.

3.5
    Very far from being a 4 stars hotel, every thing except the...

Very far from being a 4 stars hotel, every thing except the location is very bad I can also say poor very high rate for nothing, every single part in the hotel needs renovation,the furniture is very old it was really a bad experience

Happy Doormen, the Face of this Lovely Hotel
    • Classic Junior Suite

Don't get too excited about the free minibar though as there is little in it and is only restocked every three days.

Great location. We booked a Classic Junior Suite for our stay and were not disappointed, the room was lovely, we had two bathrooms and two toilets, and a sitting room with a sofa, ample wardrobe space. The hotel offers afternoon tea each day which was nice. Breakfast was quite nice. There were three doorman whilst we were there at different times, all three were lovely happy friendly people (the rest of the staff weren't so happy), a big thank you to the doormen as they made our connection with the hotel a happy one.

Clean and neat and a good value
    • Privilege Double Room

There was no air conditioning in the lobby area which made it rather uncomfortable. This might be a temporary situation but the lobby was very muggy and warm. Our room had ants on the desk which we mentioned to the staff. We believe they did spray for ants but it can take a couple of attempts to ensure all the ants are gone. But the hotel was definitely clean and neat and everything else was perfect.

The hotel is in a good area and was clean and neat. The happy hour every evening was a wonderful bonus. The staff was very helpful every time we needed directions or had a question.

Breakfast was a buffet and the staff kept it stocked well.
    • Classic Double Room

The elevators were very very small, 1 lg piece of luggage and 1 person is all that fits in the elevator and it was slow.

Breakfast was a buffet and the staff kept it stocked well. Food was great

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Good for weekend not for a week staff look after you small room and noise from the traffic
    • Classic Double Room

The noise of the traffic had to have the window open was hot in the room so got all the traffic noise in the morning. Rooms are a bit tight as per the bathroom. A

May be all right for a week end and handy to Paris

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I like the location is very central.
    • Privilege Suite

The Privellge Suite was a lot smaller than on the website. The wifi coverage is poor. We were disappointed that tv channel for English doesn't work.

I like the location is very central. I like the happy hour and and the free mini bar. We got the room with Eiffel view like we requested. I like the balcony overlooking the tower. The view is very nice at night. I like the pocket wifi facility. It was very convenient. I like that there was elevator. I like the shower and the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great location and value for the money in Parid
    • Privilege Double Room

They staff moved us to another room that was ready early because we had a child even though we arrived 3 hours before checkin, and the baby cot was already in the room. The staff was friendly and helped us out. Great coffee maker in the room! Bathroom was enormous with a shower and very large tub.

Hotel has potential due to good location
    • Privilege Double Room

Carpet is worn, stained and torn. Hotel entry curtain seems worn and paint is peeling from hotel outside walls. Sink in bathroom did not drain well and water from shower came out onto floor.

Location was good and easy to get to sites. It also is next door to the Dominicans where mass is celebrated at noon daily. Hotel has real potential. Has private bathroom with a shower and tub. Carpet is worn and stained and needs to be replaced. It gives a poor impression for the hotel as does the entry window curtains and paint peeling from building. We will not stay here again unless the hotel has changed carpets nor will we use booking.com since our expectations of the hotel was much higher than what we were led to believe on the internet.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

LOVE THIS HOTEL ❤️
    • Classic Double Room

The location was the best thing. Staff were very friendly and understanding! It is a very safe area and so close to everything like pharmacy, hair dressers, groceries, touristic areas. I will definitely visit again.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Convenient for the Salle Pleyel and Eiffel Tower
    • Classic Double Room

We arrived about 2.30pm but had to wait until after 3 to check in even though they were knocking on the door the next morning before check-out. When we checked out the next day we asked to pay for our breakfasts and, Georges checked and when he handed us our bill the breakfasts were added on then taken off again - we only had to pay the city tax. However, when we returned for our luggage later in the afternoon the assistant manageress said we hadn't paid for breakfasts with various excuses for Georges and it will be 36 euros, please. After a scene the hotel manager said he would not charge for them after all. Apparently Georges had only been there a week and overstepped his mark in waiving the breakfasts charge but that is between him and the hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Comfy, Friendly.
    • Privilege Suite

Bathroom amenities weren't placed everyday, shampoos etc. Room service wasn't that good for a 4 star hotel, the room heater was switched on by staff without us asking for it to be on. Cleaning staff would knock on our door in the morning to clean while we were asleep.

The bed was very comfy , suit was spacious with two balconies , although the view was'nt nice at all. Location is great for people that like walking. Champs elysees is about a 10 minute walk. A supermarket next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Not the best. Don't think I would comeback

The fact that I could not turn on air conditioner in my room really bother me. The hotel should let people know beforehand. I have stayed in colder places and I had the choice to turn on the ic or turn it off. And the wifi sucked!

The staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

110 de Taillevent
    • Privilege Double Room

they did not give us even one hour extension

friendly and larger room than average in Europe. complimentary water and juices, complimentary coffee in the lobby-super! close by restaurant recommended by the staff was excellent-called 110 de Taillevent

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Noise between the Rooms Hotel Wifi slow Should be renovated

Location Room Space Good Staff Good Price They Offer a Pocket Unlimited Internet Wifi for 5 Euros a day which is cheaper than any phone carrier

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Fantastic place
    • Classic Double Room

Great location near to the biggest attractions of Paris, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable room with big bed, delious breakfast and very nice welcoming with a glass of champagne.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Classy hotel in a lovely area of Paris.

There could have been better selection in the mini bar. Lifts were very small.

Room so were beautiful, location excellent. Spotlessly clean. Staff were pleasant. My children's room even had a view of The Eiffel Tower.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Is not 4 stars hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is not same as the pictures and reviews in Booking.com The facilities are not for 4 star hotel The bath room is so small and we were not comfortable for taking shower We've reserved 1 room with king size bed but the bed was twins and we were not comfortable during our stay time(I've already asked to reception in my check in time but unfurtunatly nothing happened) The staff are not so prefosional and they were not in kind mood (especially waiteres in resturant)

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

This hotel is near a great bakery, beautiful park and two...
    • Classic Double Room

Our door lock was so wobbly that two days out of three we returned to the room to find the maid had not successfully closed the door at all.

This hotel is near a great bakery, beautiful park and two small, lovely museums. There are at least a half-dozen bus lines within a block's walk, and the Metro is three blocks away. The Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysees is a 10-minute walk away.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Magical wedding week in Paris with all our friends
    • Privilege Suite

Our Wedding Week , all our friends came from USA , UK , Mexico ,Japan, Africa, etc... The hotel was fantastic , staff 5 stars, nothing was too much, Location the best one and the police station is just in front, so we felt safe 24/7... On rue faubourg st-honoré (perfect for shopping) just 2 min from avenue Champs Elysees... Some our friends even decided to extend their stay for few days (they really loved it) !!!!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good
    • Classic Double Room

Everything specially the staf were so friendly and if u wish to have an Internet outside the hotel they give u an router for 1€ per a day. I really recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Quiet, convenient and comfortable hotel
    • Privilege Double Room

- Small bathroom(No splash cover on shower/bath) - Small lifts (Max 3 ppl)

- Close to Metro (Ternes) station - Great location - Close to cafes and patisseries - Value for money - Ideal for short stays - Small but comfortable room - Staff were very helpful and friendly - Quiet surroundings

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Below average but a good location
    • Classic Junior Suite

I booked a junior suite but room 603 was just a room with a sofa bed more resembling a family room and in need of renovation, it was nothing like the nice pictures. The double bed was actually two single beds pushed together which kept moving apart with the smallest of movements so I needed fished off the floor out from the gap in the middle during the early hours. Not what you want on a romantic weekend away. The bathroom was badly in need of renovation too with a very strange narrow bath and shower setup not the nice big tub in the pictures. The sort of room you don't want to come back to after a nice night out I'm sorry to say

Friendly staff in a good location with a view of the Eiffel Tower

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Classic Junior Suite

The room we were in was okay. It didn't live up to the expectations in the pictures and for £420 for two nights we expected a high class 4 star establishment. The bathroom looked like it had just had the door repaired from being kicked in, there were broken corners on the wall and scuffs everywhere. Needed a severe refurb. We booked a classic suite but the sitting area was more like a tiny spare room with a sofa bed. The seats were worn and the floor had dodgy marks on it. Other than that it was comfortable but I'd not pay that sort of money again for the price. There are better hotels close by with nicer decor for the same price.

Great location. Lovely service from the staff and incredibly comfy bed, memory foam mattress and pillows. Loved the sound proof room and the complimentary glass of champagne included

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The room is big and pretty.

Make up by the housekeeping are really perfunctory. The bathtub was dirty when we came back and they just throw the sheet on the floor.

The room is big and pretty. Front desk officer are nice!!!

Perfekt location.
    • Privilege Double Room

Perfekt location. Helpful staff. Nice breakfast.

Nice common areas, super helpful staff, very good location
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms could be a tad bigger but, well, it is Paris:-)

Nice common areas, super helpful staff, very good location

Location is ok as it is 10 mins walk to Champs
    • Privilege Double Room

Hotel building is too old and shabby. Plus there is a construction site right next to the hotel.

Location is ok as it is 10 mins walk to Champs

The location.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was really dark and old and not clean.

The location.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Staff, location, snacks.

Rooms need renovation, bathroom size, SLOW internet connection.

Staff, location, snacks.

Very good hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The internet is really really bad And the lift is tiny.

The staff is very very very welcoming. And the rooms are very clean.

Reception staff.

Clean and location near train station

Clean and location near train station

surprised with quality

wifi was not working

bed was ok

Great location, very nice staff ,

Great location, very nice staff ,

Good employees but bad facilities
    • Classic Double Room

More facilities in the hotel (slippers, etc.)

Nice employees at the hotel!

Should be better to deserve the hotel fees
    • Classic Double Room

Poor sound insulation and cleaning in bathroom

Good location ,very close to the subway and attractions

Great facilities and location.
    • Classic Double Room

Great facilities and location. Staff very helpful.

nice place

the toilet was in a different room than the shower ! the elevators were small. we need to use water in the toilet.

the location is good

Staff and Location

Staff and Location

great hotel

the elevators are small

the staff is very helpful they contacted me before coming and helped me whilst in stay. also there is a supermarket close by.

The location is excellent!
    • Classic Double Room

The location is excellent!

good location
    • Privilege Double Room

old building and small elfators

Lovely and Clean Hotel with Kind Staffs
    • Family Room

Clean and comfortable rooms, good location, kind and polite staffs

The position of the hotel.
    • Privilege Double Room

The position of the hotel.

Breakfast should be better.

Breakfast should be better. Internet connection was weak.

Location was great.
    • Classic Double Room

Location was great. Hotel is very clean. Staff is very helpful. We enjoyed our stay :)

Great location great staff terrible hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a disgrace and the hotel was dirty and decrepit

The customer service was impeccable

The staff was very friendly and the location was very good
    • Classic Double Room

The house keeping service wasn't up to my expectations

The staff was very friendly and the location was very good

Normal
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi Path room Elevator How to reach room Always give Booking.com the second class room

Location Comfortable