Reviews of Novotel Suites Paris Montreuil Vincennes 4 stars

22 Avenue du professeur lemierre, 20th arr., 75020 Paris, France

#1134 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

I regretted this choice. My family was really excited about visiting France and would not return
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Location is in a refugee area. Flee market opposite hotel which was scary and very dirty. Areas surrounding hotel are not safe. Staff does not understand English and there was serious communication problems. Mixed up booking with my brother’s room and was locked out of room a day earlier in spite of saying to staff over 10 times I am not my brother Even on final check out the receipt was for my brother’s room. They are hopeless.

Room was spacious and cleaned daily. TV was in English.

The floor manager met us with very rude demeanour and was...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The floor manager met us with very rude demeanour and was very unempathetic after our 30hr journey to get there from Australia. We were then put in a room without aircon working and a party put on by the hotel outside reverberated through our room so we had to request to be changed. The location itself all the while convenient for people wanting to get back to airport is not in the most forgiving of neighbourhoods. Gypsy vans surrounded the entry and the nearby mall was very baron. If you have a family I would not feel safe walking around outside and would warn against it outside of daylight hours

Lovely stay
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Our shower head faulty, highlighted it to staff but done nothing

Staffs are very nice. Speaks English well. 2 adjacent rooms a plus for big family vacay

We like the garden at the back side of the hotel.

The market infront of the hotel to loud and noisy. During the market time one cannot pass through the road with the car.

The breakfast is good and abundant. It is a little far from the city. We would like to have more single beds than a small couch.

I will come back again and recommend the hotel

Short stay

Bed comfy Bathroom sparkling Microwave and fridge! EXCELLENT IDEA Breakfast wonderful Friendly Staffs Big market opposite the hotel and a shopping centre 300 yards The best is the safety of the guests, you need your key card when using the lift.

My fourteen year old daughters purse was stolen while we...

My fourteen year old daughters purse was stolen while we were eating breakfast in the dining area the first morning we arrived at the hotel. The staff had the door open which allowed strangers to come in as they please and when we watched the camera, I saw there were two individuals who were walking around the area. I feel as though this should have not happened while in the hotel being that we paid money for safety while residing there, especially being that we had children with us. The hotel did not apologize or anything. This is not a safe place to stay with families or even anyone being that it is not safe at all.

Economical place if you only want bed and breakfast.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The ceiling in our washroom fell (thank fully there was no one in the washroom at that time), when we called the staff, it seemed she did not care about it. Did not call maintenance and kept laughing about the situation. She did say sorry once, but was still laughing.

The beds were OK, our room had view of the city, it was airy and had good natural light. The nearest metro station is only 5-7 minutes by walk, the nearest carrefour is only 3 minutes away (In the very next lane).

This wasn't a 4* experience at all !! NOT RECOMMENDED !! Very disappointed Novotel !!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Old and damaged furniture, wrinkled bedding, thin walls so you can hear your neighbours, the air vents from bathroom and toilet didn't work, broken coffee machine, and broken shower. 01.30 am the fire alarm goes crazy and they evacuate the whole Hotel just because somebody smoked in the room. False Alarm they said !! The location was very dirty so if you want to take a walk it's gonna be disgusting. On top of that you pay for the parking..

The apartment was big and the toilet was separate from the bathroom.

Liked it that they gave 2 pillows instead of the normal one...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The cleaning staff did not have respect for our privacy and just barged into the room when we were still sleeping. Toilet floor was all wet after bathing as the floor was not dented such that water would not overflow to the original toilet floor.

Liked it that they gave 2 pillows instead of the normal one pillow per person in a hotel room. Great coffee and hot chocolate and a table to do work for business travellers.

Not recommended, unless you're not going to spend much time at the actual hotel
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

- Airconditioning: Was broken 2 out of 3 nights I was there. I was sweating so much, I could not sleep properly throughout the night. - Room: Beds were incredibly uncomfortable, and my back was aching in the morning. - Snacks available at reception area: Limited. Not a good variety. - Bathroom: Shampoo quality was bad for my hair. - There are no individual irons to be given to room. There is a one ironing room with a sing iron & iron board. And the iron itself was very old and not good. I expected much more for the price I paid for this hotel.

- Staff: very friendly and speak good English. - Wi-Fi: Excellent and very fast. I watched YouTube videos all the time and there was no issue at all, all throughout the hotel. - Bathroom: Very clean and organised.

Verry good if you arive by car, Clean and smels quite nice in the hotel, with kind staff. Recomended

The hotel its in front of a Flea Market where it's very messy and dirty with doubios people. But it's good that the hotel has security at the entrance.

The rooms where large enough to be confortable. We had a double bed and a sofa. The bathroom was Equiped with bath tub and a seperate shower. The room and the sheets where clean. It had a underground parking lot where no reservation is requiered. The breakfast was good with plenty to chose from. The elevators where not good concieved but they did the job. You have a little Shopping mall in the vicinity where you can buy things.

Nice room in a pit of a place.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The neighbourhood was appalling to the point where we felt unsafe after 9pm. Too pricey considering the distance from central Paris.

The bed was comfy and the room was a good size.

Nice clean place but far from the city!
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

I didn't like the location. Many reviews on this but I assumed it was just how all of Paris is but this was def an area you don't want to go outside in the dark. The reviews also were misleading about subway and grocery store. Neither were right there or around the corner. We had an 8-10 min walk to both places each way. They also don't tell you that the subway location is really far from anything interesting. We had to sit on the subway for 20 stops or something to get to the city. That's a long time to be waiting and the subways right now are BRUTALLY packed. We had an elderly relative with us and this was too much for him. So if you're young and active and don't mind the time suck, then this shouldn't be a reason not to book this place. We really did NOT like the shower/bathing area. The door to it is a bit like a western saloon and anyone can see through the hole in the center!!!! They also don't provide shampoo, only body soap. Normally non issue but we forgot a bag at home and had to go buy shampoo since hotel didn't provide any.

We chose this place because hygiene is a HUGE issue when picking a place to stay and there were no bad comments for this. They were accurate but it was almost eerily clean. Like, impossible to be that clean? I did my usual bed check and can say for rooms 604 and 606 they were free of anything crawling. The staff were very very friendly and spoke English but there was 1 woman whose English was very hard to understand, just a very strong accent which obviously isn't her fault. We also thought they would make us pay for 3 days parking as we arrived on a Wednesday and left on a Friday but they calculate it in 24 hrs as 1 day so we only had to pay for 2. We actually put on the door 'do not disturb' when going out on the 2nd day as we didn't want our room cleaned but it was cleaned anyway and things like hot cocoa mix and sugar packets were all replenished. They did change all bedding and towels too. It was actually really nice to come back to a fresh room later.

Fit for purpose
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The Air conditioning did not work and we were next to a busy road so it was very noisy when we were sleeping

The room was set out nicely and it was very easy to check in and out

Good value for money very friendly staff
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The intercom outside I was stuck waiting outside for 10 mins as no one was at front desk. It was late so I felt unsafe. They should have a better intercom system rather than just a buzzer. Maybe hotel key to let guests in at anytime. If I had children with me standing outside that late I would be livid. Also get irons there was just 1 iron in an iron room that didn’t work.

Bed was comfy! And rooms were clean and smelt nice

Good facilities, Good staff and service but not so good pricing and location!
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The facilities were good, however I expected the breakfast was included in that price but it was EUR15 per person per day which was exorbitant.

The facilities were good. I also got very early check-in as we arrived at 9am. The staff is also very good and polite, but the location and the pricing of the hotel is not so good. However, it is located right in front of the Weekend market if you plan to buy clothes and shoes (I think the smuggled ones) at dirt cheap price.

Room was very nice and clean but not sure hotel is in the best area of town.

Lobby was not imviting. Since I checked in during breakfast time, it looks like a cafeteria. Also elevator at time la didn’t work. We left our power adapter and hotel would only accept cash to lend it to us. Would not accept credit card

Staff was curtioius and was close to metro and bus stations.

Please go and rest that beautiful city PARIS and this hotel..
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Breakfast service area is not proper arranged for eat or cooking like as egg etc. Must re arrange proper way by profession team, and seating units required a little puffs to comfort seat on breakfast. Nova group has such service help, must ask,

The bed is so perfect and room temp. so good adjustment and well ventilated. Best parts is WC and Bathroom construction form unique, no sharp corners, they eliminated all dirt collection surfaces, congratulate. Basically well organized room but where we occupied room, lots of space are not well interior designed. Just my architectural experience and several years looking condo hotel concepts how to served and designed for customer usage with most efficient way. sorry.. !

Room size was wonderful
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Breakfast space - too small, not enough tables for everyone, need to share table sometimes, not so much variety, no hot dishes (like scrambled eggs or bacon)

Room size was wonderful

WORST HOTEL THAT I HAVE EVER STAYED AT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

The guy (maroccan or algerian) at the reception is really not nice. He was really denigrating against us. DO NOT VISIT THIS HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!! BE WARNED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good clean place with comfy beds.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Good clean place with comfy beds.5-10 minute walk from metro line 9.The supermarket is just around the corner.If you happy with the room fare just go for it.I would definitely recommend.

It was very clean.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

The hotels far from the metro station and too close to the weekend market place which is very crowded/dirty/makes harder to get to the metro station. And the breakfast was very weak.

It was very clean. Parking saved the day.

The rooms were really large and the microwave was a...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The area was quite rough at night but the hotel had security which was much better.

The rooms were really large and the microwave was a brilliant idea

Family 5 +2 dogs
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The bathroom has no ventilation so all smells go to the room. (Kids and new food. Ha joy) everyone commented on the location and the market. Reality all of Paris looks like that. The place is fine and Secure. The room keys werent working during our stay so that was an inconvenience. But the staff was Very polite about all of the trips up and down from desk to room. 😊

I liked that it was close to the metro, wifi, breakfast 2 single beds and 1 double and still Plenty of space. The room was spacious. I have a family of 5 and 2 small dogs. Loved the price for pets. Cheaper than garage 😅 Not complaining just funny. Glad we could park in the garage there and metro around everywhere. Honestly cheaper than street garages and safer.

Best bed in Paris
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The only down fall is not how far the location is from city center as amazing tube line 3/5 Min away. Just the area is not the most pleasant and don't feel so safe walking through..but my girlfriend and I just got off the tube walked fast and got into hotel and was fine every single evening

The bed where amazing best night sleep in years l. Had 3 lie ins while here that i nevrr have ar home.had a front window room couldn't hear a thing from the road like people said so complely untrue from.above Breakfast was really good was just what you needed in the morning :) right near a supermarket so great to grab snacks ect ect.. Showers where really good also was the bath. The staff where always really helpful and polite spoke amazing English couldn't ask for better myself.

Great experience!!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Maybe location but it wasn’t a big problem for us. Metro station is really close to hotel and when you get used to metro lines everything gets much easier.

We are impressed with this hotel. Rooms are great, with a big bed, table, toilet... Everymorning they give you a new coffee, tea and water which you can drink in your room. Big market is a 100 m from hotel. It is 5 minutes walk from a metro station from where a train go directly to Trocadero, however this takes about 45 minutes. But Notre dame is closer :) It was very clean, new towels every day. Extra comfortable bed. We reccomend it to everyone!! And we payed it very cheap because we take a reservation without possibility to cancel

Nice hotel in a rough neighbourhood
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

Unfortunately there was a number of things that I wasn’t particularly happy about but ill keep them short, one of them being that Booking.com mentioned there was parking available, although they did not specify that parking was in fact 15 euro a night and with no other option available for parking we was left with a 45 euro bill for our stay. It should also be noted that during our weekend stay there was a market directly opposite our hotel (Always a Saturday and Sunday). During these days we encountered numerous individuals which sought to antagonise us during our short trip to the metro line.

Cleanliness of the hotel was brilliant and staff were very friendly and was always willing to help. The metro is also within walking distance from the hotel with plenty of direct lines to local attractions.

I will never come back
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

We have been charged additional 15€ per night for the parking. During our check-in staff members didn’t tell us about an extra payment for the parking. Also the area around the hotel is horrible and not safe for ladies (crowdy market with tents, rubbish everywhere). It’s suitable to stay in this hotel only in case if you stay with your spouse or husband.

The bed and mattress was really comfortable.

Our stay was awful.
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

The power in all of the rooms went out for three hours, there was no explanation or apology. The staff who checked us in were incredibly rude and it set the tone for the entire unpleasant experience.

I really enjoyed my stay there.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The price was little high

The room size and the room facilities was amazing, public transport was within the surrounding area as well as good restaurant.

Very close to metro line 9 (direct access to Trocadéro).
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Poor breakfast, luckily did not have to pay for kids. Forgot toothbrush and the only possibility was to buy it via the wending machine (in other hotels you normally get it for free).

Very close to metro line 9 (direct access to Trocadéro). Big bright rooms. Fast internet. Good parking in the underground garage.

comfort for the price
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

everything was nice, except the fact I booked 3 adults and 2 kids, and somehow their reservation said 3 adults only... wanted me to book another room even thi they were full, dont know if was bookings page issue or hotel, but i also booked the same day and same specifies for rome and i got what I asked for in rome.

everything was very nice and clean

Staff were all friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The location was in an area that felt unsafe and somewhere that you don't want to be at night time. I wouldn't recommend this place because of the location

Staff were all friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfy and the rooms were very spacious.

Beds are nice, very comfortable.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The location. When u go out of the hotel its like ur surrounded with thugs. Its a bit scary though.

Beds are nice, very comfortable. Everything was clean.

The staff was very much friendly.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

It was a bit difficult to reach this hotel from the closest metro station. We reserved non-smoking room, but there were some smoked cigarettes in the bin of washroom and at the basin, so it smelled.

The staff was very much friendly. The breakfast was quite nice and fresh. In the room, there was a nespresso, and I enjoyed it a lot. The size of room was very relaxed and comfortable.

The staff even though good at English seemed to NOT understand the problem of non functional AC
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

The Air conditioning did not work and when I asked the hotel staff for the same , they were impolite. They mentioned it was for all guests and I had no reason to complain.... :( The AC unit of the entire hotel was NOT working thru the entire duration of my 33 night stay. Opening the window to get some fresh air was an option but the room had no cross ventilation. Since the hotel is on the periphery the traffic was loud all day n night making sleep very tough.

The room size was great N so were the toiletries in the bathroom. the breakfast was great too.

I was very impressed with the hotel. Clean and comfortable. The location leaves much to be desired.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The hotel was welcoming and staff friendly and helpful. The facility and layout of the two adjoining rooms we booked were ideal for our family of five. That coupled with the tea and coffee station (complimentary biscuits and water included) microwave and fridge gave the feel we were in an apartment rather than a hotel room, which we really loved as it meant we could interact freely as a family and not feel isolated in individual rooms. I highly recommend the hotel. The location is not great, but we found most parts of Paris quite dirty anyway.

Disgraceful, unpleasant,not happy and we will think twice before going back there
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

On our first day staff were rude to us on arrival. Very abrupt. They were of no help whatsoever. On arrival to our bedroom a panel next to the door dropped from the wall and hit my head, when we reported it they did nothing but came to collect the fallen panel away. They were not apologetic. We asked for a bag of tea as there was only 2 bags in the room and it was five of us. Again they said no because it wasn't mandatory to give teas and coffees in the room and that they will get charged for a single bag of tea should they give me. One night we had not a single towel in our room and when we requested for towels we only got one for three grown women. We asked for our room to be cleaned and when we got back from town my night gown was on the floor and bathroom, and bed was not made. Staff were very unfriendly and not helpful, and whilst we stood questioning things they were loudly talking in French and we never understood what they were saying because we spoke no French, It was horrible. We couldn't wait to leave the hotel back to UK.

Loved the interconnecting rooms for my very large family.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Location of hotel is poor: dirty/ 'rough' and staff were miserable and unwelcoming BUT the parking very secure and security within the hotel very good and overall was good value for money and comfort.

Loved the interconnecting rooms for my very large family. Swish and stylish layout and style, surprisingly spacious and very comfortable. VERY CLEAN accommodation and lovely bath and shower rooms.

It was satisfactory
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The room was bit dusty. On the day we checked in the carpet was dirty with hairs, I had to tell them to come and clean which was done.

The bed were comfy and the room was spacious

Good place to stay with family. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

False fire alarm at 2am in morning! Hard pillows, but staff changed them on request.

Good sized clean rooms. Good breakfast choice. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Good for short stays, dont expect the world's friendliest staff when staying here.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was somewhat rude. There was something wrong with my booking (I had changed the date) and this did not come through to their system. There was no understanding or apologies and I had to pay more than what I initially booked for. This stung me a bit since the hotel is quite pricey already. Also the breakfast area was quite small and swamped with people. There was no room to sit.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I especially enjoyed the sitting area since I needed to do some work in the evening and this made it very easy. Also the fact that I could swiffle the TV towards the bath was a bonus.

Lovely city and I would recommend the hotel
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

The metro system. Day Tickets sometimes work and sometimes they don't! Very confusing indeed. This hotel was around 30 mins away from the central area which isn't that far at all

Lovely hotel and the staff were very very friendly and helpful when we needed anything

Fantastic hotel. Can't wait to return!
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

The only small dissapointment was that out hotel room hadn't been Hoover that well as there was a fair bit if hair in the carpet in places. (But everything else was spotless) Also I agree with other review about the immediate location of the hotel coming off as a little intimidating I can imagine at night. However overall I wouldn't say this affected our overall happiness of out stay!

The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful, especially allowing us to check in early rather then wait 4 hours after dropping off our bags! The room was spacious and comfortable and all facilities were great including entertainment for kids in the lobby! Breakfast in the morning offered amazing variety for both adults and kids alike. The location was perfect for access to both our coach stop and the metro into central Paris, within 5-10 minutes walking distance amd shops close by.

The room was big and the amenities were good;
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

The location of the Hotel was not very pleasant. Especially because of the market on saturday, sunday and monday. Also the quality of the rooms was poor. The shower was leaking causing rust on the bathroom door which couldn't be closed by this rust.

The room was big and the amenities were good; coffeemachine, fridge, tv, safe etc. The underground parking was spacious and well guarded. The metro station is nearby, which is great for travelling downtown.

Excellent value for money
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Nothing, except for the local issues

Staff are really helpful and always available. Room was basic but comfortable. The local area around the hotel was of a lower income, with some local washing clothes in a broken fire hydrant. However once inside the hotel this was all blocked out. Car parking was safe and secure.

Despite all this we enjoyed our stay.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Awoken by fire alarm at 2am, 27th August, Sunday morning. Evacuated the building, waited outside then told it was safe to return to our rooms only for fire alarm to go off again. We evacuated the building a second time, waited outside but was never briefed by staff that it was safe to return to our rooms. Information was relayed via Chinese whispers that it was safe to go back not an official announcement. No fire personnel came, no head count was taken, and no checks were made to ensure the building was totally evacuated as clearly there was clearly one person looking from their window on the third floor during the second alarm. We did not feel reassured that there was nothing to fear on returning to our rooms after second fire alarm was silenced but felt we were returning at our own risk. This totally traumatised our 9 year old more as she was unable to sleep for the rest of the morning which impacted on us all. Unfortunately no apologies were extended to ourselves when we voiced our complaint when asked how was our stay on leaving.

Comfy beds, room sizes, toilets, showers, quietness, close to shopping centre, close to metro trains.

The rooms were not as advertised therefore misleading
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The room advertised on booking.com said the two rooms that we booked are gonna be connected. Upon arrival we were unpleasantly surprised that it was not true! The rooms were just standard separate rooms next to each other. And we were told at reception that it's not the first time this happens. But looked like the staff didn't even care. As the booking was non refundable and we had kids, we just stayed. As we chose that hotel only for merged rooms, we weren't happy.

Cleanliness

• Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Booked adjoining rooms as have 3 children. On arrival told that there were no adjoining rooms only rooms next to each other - this meant the family had to be split up when we could have easily all fitted in one room at half the cost!! Apparently this is a common complaint and the hotel have told booking.com that they need to change their description as they are advertising incorrectly! There was a fire alarm at 2am on our first night - there were no hotel staff available other than the night security guard and no organisation at all - it was only when the alarm went off for a second time that any hotel staff appeared but still no organisation/direction - thankfully it was a false alarm but we had no confidence in the staff being able to deal with a real fire situation

Decent accomodation, decent price
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Not the greatest local area but then it's reflected in the price. The fire alarm twice at 2am wasn't brilliant, but better than it not going off

Clean, comfortable with helpful staff

its been ok but my children had to sleep on the floor
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

we did not get the right room my children had to sleep on the floor it was described as adjoining and that means the room should be next door with door entering two rooms. so when you book be aware its two separate rooms.

Fantastic stay, most comfortable bed ever!!!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

There aren't two sockets on either side of the bed. The location isn't great but the hotel can't do anything about that. I though €15 for breakfast was quite expensive so bought my own. Hotel is away from tourist attractions and I didn't understand the metro at first so I had to taxi it to Disney land (€75) and Eiffel Tower (€30) and it was expensive, again not the fault of the hotel. There's aren't many shops that are open late at night around it. The gym only has machinery for cardio, nothing for weights.

The staff were amazing, gave our key straight away and told us where everything was. The bed was the most comfiest bed I have ever slept on!!!! The room is spacious and the sound proof windows are amazing considering the hotel is on a main roundabout. It is a 10/15 minute walk to the metro station (Porte de Montreuil). There is a Lidl near by. When we ordered a taxi from reception it would be there within 5 minutes. Room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels. Wifi was given right from the start. 24/7 hour service which was fantastic. It has been the best hotel I have stayed at so far! Very pleased :)

Good option if you do not find any other location.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Property is good but the location is not impressive due to the flee market on every weekend which is just opposite to the hotel. Over all rating will not be the best but good option if nothing in choice.

Great accomodation at a great price. Even though the area is not fantastic it was valueformoney
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Although the hotel felt very secure the surrounding area was not brilliant particularly when the market is on. However it is a quick walk to the metro.

The room layout was perfect and we had interconnecting rooms which was great for a family of 5. Coffee machine in room and fridge and microwave also useful.

Awful location in terms of feeling unsafe in a bad area.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Awful area, we did not feel safe walking nearby outside the hotel, not a good area. Cooked breakfast would be better than continental style breakfast. Child's bed on the floor was not good. Nowhere decent to eat nearby.

Room size. Parking.

Medicore not worth the price or the 4 star tag
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

The rooms were nothing like the pictures, which was a bit misleading, the rooms were quite small. As our train was a bit late we did not get to the hotel until after 11pm only to find out that our booking had been cancelled, all though they were notified we would be arriving late. We had to rebook the booking which cost us an extra 100 euro then our original booking. The facilities at the hotel were for poor for a 4 star establishment, the rooms were not as tidy as expected. When asked for our room to be cleaned, the cleaners did not change the sheets but merely made the bed with dirty sheets. I would not recommend this hotel only because it is not valuable for money, your better off staying at a 3 star hotel.

close to station

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Tv and coffee machine didn't work. The location was poor and dirty outside because of a market. 180 rooms advertised as adjoining rooms for families but they have only have 5 that are interconnected. Read the small print.

Wonderful experience to remember
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

I liked everything about the hotel, good value for money..the staffs speaks English too at the desk, so we didn't feel lost or strange..told us on how to go on the Metro train very easy from M9 to connect to wherever u are going to. Good location, shops around to do you shopping and eating out...roasted corn like u are in African country.. Big shopping mall..street market..wonderful experience, will surely recommend to people and surely go back on holidays..

Very good hotel, with uncomfortable location
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Location is not good, its close to open market with a lot of vans shopping directly in the street. accordingly with noisy and not comfortable atmosphere outside of the hotel

Hotel is definitely value for money you pay, clean and well equipped

Good rooms far place from land marks
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The area around the hotel is poor Away from the heart of paris as you need 30 min. By car to reach eiffel tower Ac didn't work at all even they said they had fix it

Room is spacious with facilities (cofee machine, small refrigerator ..etc Wifi is free and working good Super market And metro are near

Clean and modern hotel in what was once my favourite city.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Really far away from centre but I suppose that's why it is cheaper than others and travelling about the city is all part of the experience too. We stayed on a ground floor room and returned one evening to find two strangers were in the room who promptly jumped out when we walked in. Nothing was stolen (I think we caught them just in time) so it was more a strange experience than a frightening one. Paris is not the same as it was just 2 years ago because of the terror threat.

Hotel was clean and modern. Staff were friendly and helpful. Really cheap! Only place we had been to on this trip which had its own fridge which was a bonus.

Great location if driving to Paris.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

Easy to get to by car plus parking on site. Family friendly. Lovely suites and metro just 10 minute walk away that's get you to the centre of Paris with no hassle.

Perfect family room with amazing breakfast.
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

The area wasn't great but we knew that when we booked - perfect location for access to metro and roads.

Near metro, shopping centre and access to main road round Paris.

Do not stay here!
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

The hotel was located in a rough area. The first day we walked outside to get food as the hotel had no restaurant and we had stuff thrown at us, we were recorded and had people shout things at us all within a few steps away from the hotel. There is a metro station about 5 minutes away from the hotel but we were unable to use it as it was too dangerous to walk. We ended up using Uber's to and from the hotel and even the drivers were reluncant to drive here and had a few drivers cancel on us because of this. The drivers that did pick us up all told us not to stay out late and get back and stay in the hotel room. Really wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone especially tourists of family's and groups of young girls. The location of the hotel did ruin our trip as we couldn't stay out late because of how bad the area was meaning we were back by our hotel at 7 every night. There is meant to be a super market near by but every time we tried to find it someone would make us feel uncomfortable so we had to go back to the hotel. The hotel it's self was nice the staff were okay and rooms were really nice however drivers told us this hotel is used for prostitution so really wouldn't recommend to families.

The room was great especially for the price we payed.

Good value, parking, best metro line not far, clean but staff could be more welcoming
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

Shower cabin looks like a boat module. We were expecting a bit more quality here. Disappointed by the quality of the breakfast overpriced (no refill) There is no kitchen in this hotel which is out of the city - come back with full stomach. Staff was not really inviting.

Last minute trip to Paris by car, this hotel in near the "peripherique" (belt around Paris) and easily accessible by car with a secure car park. Rooms are big and very comfortable and we were surprised by the quality of the noise reduction. Good beds (Novotel standards) The location is not touristic at all but near one of the best subway line and easily reachable with a VTC by night.

Stay at home!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

Pretty much everything in an awful area not safe to walk home from metro at night. Beds are so uncomfortable! Air conditioning was worthless also

Staff were nice in fairness

One of go-to hotel/destination in Paris+its periphique
    • Superior Queen Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults)

All good-Receptionists/hotel staff attentive and helpful to all your needs (great or small).May need to get/order takeaways food or choose to go to any of array of european/world cuisine nearby .

Spacious family/business person friendly with well ventilated bright en suite rooms with large comfortable bed&sofa bed,large study desk/wall shelfs/angle poised lamp ,x2 inbuilt wardrobes,large bathroom/shower &separate small toilet.Huge TV/ channels.Shop&eat-till-you-drop multiethnic european/african/asian/arabian area,friendly&safe area(at least while there) with massive shopping complex and fantastic huge 3day global market in large car park in front of hotel .Receptionists fabulous and helpful as were the chambermaids who cleaned rooms virtually daily.Excellent transport nearby .Places to eat/relax in large lounge/breakfast area by reception and adjoining bedecked back garden

Comfortable room in terrible location
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

Location, too far from anywhere. Across from market on weekend, dirty & difficut access with cars blocking roads.

Rooms were spacious & comfortable.

Fair

Aircondition in one of our two rooms was not working and reparation was delayed three days without result. Then we shifted to another room with the same problem . Bad service. Incidence of weekly street-market which lies just beside the hotel was unfortunately unlucky for us because of a lot of noise and traffic problems.

Was absolutely unhappy with the hotel service and staff...
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The location was feeling unsafe due to the markets put up in front .the hotel staff were rude and unfriendly.we had room cleaning done while we were away and put the DND sign on the door.we were made to wait 4hours for the room when we reached the place.

Clean and cosy room.
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

The staffs communication and the booking process. I booked three nights for 4 pax (which I suppose it should be 4 person in one room because it's a 4 pax suite indicated on the booking.com website) through booking.com. On arrival, the lady who assisted us gave us two suite room (which can fit in 8pax) and didn't explain further. When I queried about the numbers of room that i booked, she just told us that was what showed in their system and said that i only requested adjoining room. We accepted what the lady said since we already there and just paid for the amount that she asked me to pay and unfortunately I didnt check through the bill statements and happily moved in to our rooms. Everything went smooth on the 1st and 2nd days, however, we realized one of our rooms card been deactivated on the day that before checking out. I went to the front counter and query but the process was very unprofessional. The guy who assisted me told me that i didnt pay for the room and that's why the card had been deactivated. It surprised me. How can i just paid for one room instead since i settled the bill on arrival in the hotel? Why the lady who assisted me didn't charge the bill properly in the first place? The guy asked me to bring the bill statement down and showed it to him then I realized that only one room had been charged for the last night. At the end i need to settle the bill again. Something came into my mind, maybe that's actually what I booked from booking.com (1 suite room) and i just don't understand how's their process. In such a big hotel company, I believe it should have a very well organized operating system and well trained staffs to assist their customers to enjoy their stays with them. Even though this is just a minor mistake or miscommunication but it is good enough to cause unpleasant experience to the customers. Thank you.

The room is very clean & cosy and the bed is comfy.

If you are okay with no AC in summer, this is the place for you
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed (3 Adults)

Air-conditioning did not work all three days. The management did nothing about it just claiming it was working fine. We reported all three days in the morning and night. In response we got fans. Not a 4 star if we have to use fans in the middle of summer

Comfortable bed Clean room Toilet and Bath seperated

Inside the hotel: spacious modern reception area with garden...
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Outside of the hotel: it was dirty streets were dirty walls full of graffiti, propanda, and the smells from the sewers were bad. The people were very diverse in terms of the very poor and the working class, and middle eastern dominant.

Inside the hotel: spacious modern reception area with garden, Air conditioning, hot and cold water, espresso machine, tea, cookies, bottled water for the guests in the rooms, amazing free breakfast for young kids.

Confusing adjoining terminology
    • Two Adjacent Superior Suites

We booked specifically 2 adjoining rooms were we thought that those were two rooms which had a door in between to adjoin them only to find out that it was just simply two rooms next to each other without a door to connect them. Coffee in the room was for free but they only had paper cups and no spoons. Parking was 15€ per day not per night (too expensive for that part of Paris).

The rooms were very comfortable, new and clean.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Avoid this hotel (if you can)!
    • Superior Double Bed with Sofa Bed and Bunk Bed

Unfriendly staff overall. Specially one of their night / evening supervisor 'named - Namakan'. He is non cooperative and rude. Other than that, even location of hotel is not good & highly unsafe.

Browse Novotel Suites Paris Montreuil Vincennes traveller photo gallery