Reviews of Garden & City Aix En Provence - Rousset 3 stars

318 avenue Françis Perrin, 13790 Rousset, France

#2 of 3 hotels in Rousset

Go there only for sleeping, nothing else

It is ridiculous that they ask you to book for having a breakfast Either they must include it in the price or not offer it at all I didn’t know I had to book it from the previous day, and next morning even if I said that I would pay for it the didn’t allow me to have it

not one I would recommend
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The clerk who was in charge of the front desk was not very friendly. We arrived one hour before official check in window and inquired whether the room happened to be ready. She confirmed it was ready but seemed reluctant to let us drop off our belongings there. She eventually came to the conclusion that it made sense and gave us the key with a pout on her face. Someone had parked in our spot. I told her about it but she did not do anything. We needed to figure out who parked in our spot ourselves and resolve the issue. The free wi-fi is free but it doesn't really work. In our unit, there was one wi-fi SSID with a strong signal but it would not respond to DHCP requests and assign an IP address so it was not usable. We needed to go to particular corners of the villa to catch other SSIDs some of which worked but the data rate brought back memories of 14.4kbps modems. I went to the desk to inquire about the wi-fi issues and the same clerk still was there. I waited for her to attend to some new guests and started to say "wi-fi". As soon as she heard to word "wi-fi" she made an X sign with her forearms and said "I am closed now" . At this point I could not help but burst into a laughter and left to go to dinner with my family, grateful that we are only staying for one night.

Convenient location near a large grocery market and my work location

I don't like at all
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The Neighbours are so rude and my children's were scared of dogs.

I had problems with one of the staff next door he was angry with me because he have to wake up for work in the morning at the complex he shouted at me he think we make a lot of noise and we booked for villa not for apartments and they give me 2 seperate apartments and they said no pet allowed and my neighbors door he has big dog and my children are scared of dogs

Besides the bald master all super!
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

In the area was a young man without hair (operating, caretaker?) Who had a dog and he was afraid of him. At the pool he was unruly, jumped into the water, poured the music out loud. Disturbed the neighborhood. Even once banged at the apartment at night and started screaming, we were too scared. He was afraid of him! Bad experience otherwise it was great!

Besides the bald master all super! :-)

Very nice and pleasant stay at Garden & City Aix En Provence - Rousset
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

In the case of longer stay of more guests in apartment, it would be fine to provide more dishwasher tablets than one and more waste bags.

Apartment was clean, comfortable and well designed for 4 people. There was also a terrace, thus it is possible to grill. During our stay we all felt comfortable and were satisfied. A new receptionist who speaks well in English.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very good accommodation for good price
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

Good type of accommodation for family, group of friends or for staying with the colleagues during business trip. It is possible to check-in in late night hours but first you have to contact the reception for providing the access code to get inside the hotel area. There is supermarket Lidl near the hotel as well as Mc'Donalds and petrol pump.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

bed was noisy when turning on it

bed was noisy when turning on it

Price corresponds to what they offer.

One toilet for villa with 3 double rooms is not enough.

Price corresponds to what they offer.

The staff were very friendly.
    • Superior Studio

The staff were very friendly. Room was excellent. THere is a grocery store within 200m to get food for the kitchenette. And HEY theres a pool!

The floor was very dirty upon arrival.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The floor was very dirty upon arrival. It was vacuum cleaned, but not clean.

Basic but cheap.

Basic but cheap.

The cleaners were very nice and the room was very clean.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

We had to wait a long time to check in and the hotel was not easily accessible without a car.

The cleaners were very nice and the room was very clean.

Peaceful and comfortable.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Not being used to the heat the air con was very good. The bed was Comfortable Private balcony was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Bring your bathing suit

Bring your bathing suit

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Receptionist speaks only French.

Receptionist speaks only French. After departure the final cleaning was charged from my credit card despite we brought out the garbage and left the apartment clean. We stayed in apartment for 5 nights.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Well room was nice and it was quite close to Lidl.

Receptionist had no knowledge of English even when BIG SIGN where manager stated that she DO, was just one meter from her chair. Thank Got that hers colleague saved the day but that was just a pure luck on their side.

Well room was nice and it was quite close to Lidl.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

I did not appreciate that the reception did not speak...

I did not appreciate that the reception did not speak English. The Air condition was only downstairs in the living room no air in the bedrooms, we had to put all the mattress downstairs and all six of sleep there. There were hardly nothing around but a Mc Donalds, Lidle and a china buffet. The pool that looks huge in the advertising is supper small and it wad 155in deep all around not safe for small kids. It was supposed to be a non smoking room and as soon that we walk in it smelled like smoke and the neighbors were always smoking on the balcony so it was like we were smoking. Six launch chairs people had to stand or sit on the floor. It was not the experience I was expecting. I would not recommend this place to any one. Jose L Sanchez

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

The apartment was large, me and my 2 colleagues had own...

The apartment was large, me and my 2 colleagues had own bedrooms, there were also 2 bathrooms. Near there is Lidl supermarket.

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.