Reviews of The Westin Paris Vendôme 4 stars

3 rue de Castiglione, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#846 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Room

Highly impersonal mega hotel. Staff is nice but absolutely overworked. Everything takes really long time. One full day the WiFi was down and almost for half a day no electricity!!!

Great location. Reasonably comfortable rooms.

• Superior Room

Room not acceptable because of water leak from bath light fixture. Took hours for Westin to try to fix before giving up and changed room. A big waste of time. Front desk staf promised gift of chocolate but never delivered.

• Junior Suite with View

This is an exceptional hotel and I look forward to coming back. Our room overlooking the park was just beautiful and the location was just perfect for us, only a 10 minute stroll to the Louvre. The neighbourhood is luxurious with no shortage of high end shops and great cafes.

• Deluxe Room

No view - internal courtyard with fake grass - old bathroom - felt American not French at all. No help on arrival - no one to take bags - no one took us to room - no greeting - queue to check in and out - horrible! Felt like we were at a conference facility in mid America not in Paris

Location and the size of the room

• Superior Room

Hair dryer in the bathroom was rubbish. Rooms can do with Nespresso machines. Otherwise it was all there.

Fantastic location. Walking distance to all main tourism attractions in Paris. Wonderful service from Mehdi at the Front Desk who upgraded our room despite being fully booked

• Double or Twin Room with View

Shortage of bathroom amenities (one shower gel for two persons is really not sufficient), two bath towels,..... and no body scale in the bathroom. Cleanliness was OK but could be better! No coffee maker or water kettle No parking in the hotel, but good valet service

This beautiful hotel is very well situated and our room had an outstanding view over "les Jardins de Tuileries" and the Eiffel Tower. Very friendly and helpful staff! Breakfast of good quality included in our rate.

• Deluxe Room

The place needs a proper update functional and stylish. Everything looks tired - from the carpet in the room to the bathrobe and towels that look grey and not white anymore ! The room was very cold and we needed to use duvet without cover that we randomly found in the cabinet. No room temperature controll in the room The breakfast experience was terrible. Restaurant was dirty and staff so disorganised.infact the second day we did not go and missed breakfast- although paid. There was very little supplies in the room in term of shower gel etc. Not even enough for one shower each. The hair dryer was form a different century .

Location and concierge and check in staff.

• Junior Suite with View

Could’ve used more drawers to store clothes. A/C unit control panel not easy to operate and set to comfortable temperature. An additional entrance on Rue Rivoli would be nice.

View from room was priceless.

• Deluxe Room

Very Very Noisy room? Had to change bedrooms. Complained in the night. Didn’t sleep st all first night.i have been a regular for 4 years. Will not return. Also asked to be credited for the first night? Wanted to give 30% off I said keep it?? I will be posting bad feedback as I told the manager I would.and will be telling friends who stay there not to return?

Very noisy. Complained twice. Not very understanding manager. Have been a regular for 4 years and will definitely not return. Also will be giving bad feedback????? Totally disappointed

Rooms were very big & the spacious lobby and definitely the breakfast

The location was incredible & the staffs were very friendly - we got a upgrade, thanks to them.

• Superior Room

Rooms are old and feel older; that may be ok to those who like a decadent European touch, it isn't for me. The price of a standard room is high, although not different from that of similar accommodations. The breakfast buffet is acceptable, not exciting.

Excellent location, in the heart of Paris and within walking distance of the Louvre and the Champs Elysées (among others). Beautiful palace with a very nice inner court. Professional staff, very kind and attentive.

• Junior Suite with View

Hotel and rooms smells too bad , very old , furniture , bathroom was too old , I think they should renovate it to be 5 star hotel , even shampoo and soup was not at all for 4 star hotel ! I was shocked when I go to floors to get to my room , beacause lobby and resception was very good but when you go too floors it smells too bad !

Lobby was value of 5 star hotel ,

• Superior Room

Requested to upgrade the room with a view ( I offered to pay for the upgrade), but the front desk staff was very snobby and she said she would not accommodate

Welcoming fruit plate was very nice

• Superior Room

The staff , the service , the tired and dirty rooms and the fact that they took money from your card without your permission

Nothing about this hotel was likeable

RAS

I organized a group of 11 couples to stay at the Westin for a global business meeting including spouses and it all went super smoothly! Everyone was super satisfied with their stay. The staff was amazing in helping me organize a complicated early check-in process, and distribution of gifts in all the rooms. They were so very helpful! I will definitely réserve at the Westin for future business stays here. They were all excellent.

I booked a Junior suite with a view and I was upgraded to the most beautiful suite overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The rooms are large and comfortable. The staff were amazing and very professional. The food was incredible. This is my new favorite hotel in Paris

• Superior Room

Could not breathe in the lobby after a few minutes. Air fragrance over powered the whole floor.

The hotel was located in the center of it all in Paris. The only problem was the hotel pumps in an overpowering fragrance in the lobby that made it difficult to breathe. We had to check out.

• Double or Twin Room with View

I called room service to order coffee and it never came bi was not happy as I had been up late working and needed some coffee to start my day.

It is a comfortable place to stay and is centrally located.

• Deluxe Room

Very slow customer service and they could care more for the price of the stay at the hotel. It was a business stay and on the last day I arranged a Fedex pickup for company goods. The hotel has a concierge desk with 3 workers in the shift and they couldn't guide the Fedex worker to go around the corner to pickup the goods (when all details were given), so the courier left the hotel without the goods. I had to ask 2 more times later to arrange the pickup, came to the concierge desk the next day to find out the box is still there. In the end they sent it away (next day afternoon). The bathrooms in the rooms could have been more clean, shower water less chlorinated and coffee taste better (generally in France :)) Oh, and we waited for the order at the cafe/restaurant inside the hotel for 30 minutes, nothing came - the waiter forgot about us - OOPS!

• Deluxe Room

The room was not clean. had an incident with the shelve where my clothes were being dirty which soiled all my clothes and I had to dry clean all my shorts. The hotel offered to pay for those but the damage was done. The room in general could have been better maintained and cleaned. At many occasions I had to request that they clean it.

The reception staff were very friendly. The location is amazing

• Superior Room

Absolutely everything! The bed was incredibly comfortable, room very spacious, the hotel is just perfect - my now permanent stay in Paris. Pauline at the Reception Desk was just lovely, very helpful and accommodating.

The air-condition system works not well; waiting for a long time to get into my room

The location of the hotel is perfect; room is quiet and very comfortable bed; braakfast is nice;

• Deluxe Room

Old rooms, very low cieling (given a third floor room even though I am an SPG member), old furniture, room numbering system confusing

Location, helpful staff

• Superior Room

Too noisy I got a room at the first floor I could hear the noise from the cafe and from the corridors

Liked the room, the breakfast was great big variety of food and fresh with a nice view on rue du rivoli

• Superior Room

The AC wasn't working at full capacity in the room so it was quite warm and the lighting in the lifts was very dim. We ordered room service which came in at over 100 euros but we weren't really impressed with the food- a bread basket and some water would with the trolley would have been nice.

The location of the hotel is excellent! Walking distance to many landmarks and a stones throw from the exclusive shopping area of Vendome and the department stores at L'Opera. The room was a good size with a very comfy bed and bathroom also large. Staff was helpful and they had left a card and macaroons and wine in the room as we were celebrating a birthday which was a nice surprise!

• Deluxe Room

Most staff were friendly and helpful. The door men were stoic which did not promote a welcoming feeling. Restaurants in the hotel were very expensive! No coffee machine in room for the morning. At the price of this hotel I would hope for a coffee maker in room or free coffee, ta, and fruit infused water in the lobby. This sounds picky but this is what I get at other Westins. It is old but comfortable. Love the Westin frangrance of white tea as you walk in.

Most staff were friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable to sleep in. The location was close to the Louve and designer shopping. Our luggage was brought up to our room for us and the Bellhop showed us how to work the a/c in the room.

• Superior Room

I think due to the location this hotel thinks that service is second, when it should be first. Each time I stay here it becomes worst , in terms of service. The housekeeping and porters are nice. The restaurant members dont look like they want to be bothered. However the front desk and concierge people could not be any more rude. As a SPG gold member, I expect more. Overall this is the worst service I have ever had in Paris.

• Superior Room

New guests entered our room while we were still in bed at about 7:00 a.m. with their own card keys (we tried ours and it no longer worked), our check out time was not till noon of that day. Soon enough we got a call from the hotel apologizing for the mistake, and they did not charge us for our breakfast that morning as a gesture of recompense, but we didn't care about that. It was still unacceptable, such an error could have led to a number of worse situations, we were just glad that it did not.

• Deluxe Room

The spectacular view over the "Jardin des Tuileries" and to the Tour Eifel and Louvre; the nice "garden" inside the hotel with the Bar/Restaurant

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

Quite a run down property , lighting not really good . With a price like what we pay there are more place better. However locat ion and convenient great

• Superior Room

Room size a bit below expectation compared to other westin in Asia The hall a bit messy.Tidy but would need a good architect to re lay out the whole thing

. The location is great .

• Superior Room

The staff were very helpful. I had travelled to the hotel for work and this was booked through my company, with the weekend covered through Booking.com. When I checked in, the staff couldn't have been more helpful to make sure we had the same room for the whole duration of our trip and also made sure my wife could access the room the following day when she arrived. During our stay I was recovering from leg surgery and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in assisting us. The breakfast was great and the location was perfect for exploring all the normal locations in Paris.

all went very well

concierge & and staffs were very helpful ; receptionist as well ; i requested a larger room and was given a very nice one with the help of the receptionist ;

The bathroom showers needed fixing. The toilets are old and yellow!! The carpets needed changing. The whole room needed to be gutted out

I love this hotel. I stay here every time I'm in Paris. However this time I upgraded my family to a suit and it was such a bad idea. The quality of the room was horrible and I would not recommend it. The location and view are awesome but the room and facility were poor.

• Junior Suite with View

We were a little cold the first night as the bedding was quite light and there wasn't an extra in the wardrobe. We turned on the heating and asked for an extra blanket for the 2nd night and we were toasty. TV remote didn't work very well - frustrating at times but I'm sure if we'd raised it as an issue it would have been rectified - we were in and out a lot so didn't bother.

The location was awesome - really central. Can walk most places and it is very close to bus/train/batobus. Taxi to Gare de Nord - under Euro 10. Taxi from Eiffel Tower to hotel at 11pm - under Euro 10. We were upgraded to a Royal Palais Suite on 2nd floor. It was wonderful and has views over the Eiffel Tower, the Ferris wheel, the finger of Paris, Tulieries gardens and Louvre. Check-in/Checkout was easy. Staff really pleasant to interface with and breakfast was nom nom nom nom (i.e. yummy with lots of choice).

• Deluxe Room

Very tired and dated property in a grand building. From the dirty wood behind reception to the scruffy false grass in the courtyard and corridors that smelt like an old one star hotel. The glass tables in the old fashioned restaurant are so scratched they should have been replaced years ago. But I suppose for a Vendome hotel the price is towards the lower end.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Superior Room

Bed is not comfortable, sheets are dirty. the bed cover is flat you have to ask for the fillings. I had the worst checkout experience ever . They charged me for everything even for the complementary water, i had to double check everything in the bill. be aware the concierge is not free. We are in 2017 and they dont have free internet.

just the location

• Deluxe Room

The service express line was not manned. Twice I phoned to ask for some information and the call was unanswered eventually I just went down to concierge and reception to ask my questions. I heard several people complaining about this also.

Beautiful room and hotel in a great location.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I asked for a twin room when booking but they assigned a double room. I think there is a lack of communication between booking website and hotel?

The bed was comfortable. Great location. Quite pricey. If you are tall do not ask for a room with a view. The dormer roof is quite low.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with View

Room size is small..i booked a room with a balcony and view and it was extremely small that i had to change to another bigger room without any view

The location was just perfect!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Superior Room

Showers are a bit outdated. Cleaning a bit patchy but still good overall. Nothing else.

Fantastic location near the Louvre and Tuileries gardens. Staff were outstanding as was the food. Good fast wifi connection through the hotel

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Room

1. Rude and non organized staff at the Breakfast. We had to queue in the morning to get the breakfast, while 10-12 table were empty. The excuse given is the following "you need to wait until we clean them, and it is taking time because we do not have enough staff to do it ...". Not what do you expect from a hotel at EUR 400 night 2. Room is small (to be fair, I knew that and it is not an issue for me). The big issue is that it was full of dust, complained about it to the reception 3. Most outrageous thing that happened during my stay was at the lobby. We asked for some water and a diet coke, the staff apologized saying that the hotel policy is to not serve drinks/food in the lobby. I was fine with that until 10 minutes later when a famous CEO arrived with his staff and been served all the drinks and food he wanted. Complained about it and even took a picture. They did not care to reply ... I am not a millionaire, but I expect to be treated as any other customer ...

Location is great

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior Room

We were in Room 4097 - there was noise from water pipes from bathrooms in other rooms which was a disturbance. The breakfast was not very good - we have stayed here twice before and this year was the worst. The coffee was watery, the buffet porridge was tasteless and the fresh fruit kiwi was just on the turn on two mornings of our stay.

Great location for exploring Paris - restaurants & shops are all around and the museums and gardens are close by. Staff in the hotel are generally very good and attentive - particularly the breakfast shift.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Room

Overall quality of service was below average in terms of 1) responsiveness of housekeeping and 2) attitude of concierge desk. Wifi was extremely slow and cable network was mostly unstable during the stay.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Check in took far too long! We waited for nearly 20minutes before being seen at reception and then nearly missed dinner reservations

Gorgeous hotel in a beautiful location Big comfy bed, good size rooms Great food in the resturant

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Superior Room

The auto enrollment to the spg but no biggie.

The staff were very helpful and courteous from entrance all the way. Room was small but had ultra amazing views of the park and the eifel tower...fantastic location. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Superior Room

- Breakfast not included - No Beauty kit in the room - No slippers in the room - The room is only cleaned one time, they don't come to prepare the bed for the night and change towels - Only one soap and shampoo for two guests. - In the room was quite cold in the night and there was no extra blanket provided in the room. - The charge 8 eur per night from minibar which I didn't use....I was in a hurry and I didn't say anything at the reception. - Around 11am it is impossible to check-out..too much people and only two desks open. For the cost paid and from an hotel like this, I was expecting much more. I travel a lot and I see 4 stars hotel with much more quality than this.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Room was quiet dark and a old. Could do with being modernised. Wi-Fi wasn't free. Advertised as 'smoking perferred' option but it wasn't smoking, they said they would change it. Gym was decent.

Grand hotel in good location. Room was large, bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Superior Room

Only area for improvement I found was the gym. Decent size with reasonable facilities, but not as many machines as would be optimal. Also it is located in the basement floor so no outside view while working-out.

Superb service overall and extremely helpful concierge. Room was nice and excellent feeling of being in France despite Westin chain. Location was also fabulous!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Room

Check out was too slow. I had to leave the keys without making the check-out. I have waited more than 30 minutes and after I had to leave to take my flight. Breakfast not included, too expensive

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

the price, no breakfast just the room nearly €400 is expensive

The bed was amazing... i never sleep well in a hotel bed, regardless of grade, but this bed was amazing.... must of released scents of chloroform to keep me asleep at night....

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with View

The service is poor but most places are in France. There was no doorman to help with luggage. The hotel is a little dirty. Tv did not work properly. Buffet breakfast was not up to standard for a high star hotel.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Deluxe Room

Got a free upgrade to a suite, really nice! Love the Ceasar w/salmon Staff is nice and supportive. Helped retrieve my daughter's balloon which flew to the ceilings. Good job!

• Deluxe Room

couple of waiters on breakfast were a little bit reluctant waitresses absolutely different - very hospital and responsive

everything excellent!

• Superior Room

Nil .Idont have any thing. Except need the hotel to change the matures.

The locations very nice close to shopping centres. And close to the park.

quilt cover had a stain

Location and the view from the balcony

• Double or Twin Room with View

Almost everything r perfect , just about bottle of water , they serve on first night with very small bottles

Staff

• Superior Room

Bar is a little small and tired.

Very Comfortable Bed with excellent linen Very Good Breakfast Selections Perfect arterial Location

• Superior Room

the hotel is nice and situated in the best area of Paris.

• Junior Suite with View

could use a cosmetic renovation

• Deluxe Room

Amazing cuppacino and best in room breakfast!

• Deluxe Room

Carpets in the hall is old

Salmon during breakfast

• Prestige Suite

The hotel was a bit worn down needs a littke bit of light renovation

The room and view and location

• Deluxe Room

Everything from stuffy to aircorn that doesn't work I can go on forever

Nothing I will never go there again what a rip off

• Superior Room

The restaurant and breakfast were absolutely terrible.

• Superior Room

The staff does not clean the rooms properly. Bad bad job

The location is excellent

• Superior Room

Too expensive for the quality provided

Location! staff

• Deluxe Room

Everything was to our satisfaction.

the hotel's relaxed atmosphere

• Superior Room

rooms very small, very long check out, bed not very comfortable

Restaurant and breakfast

• Superior Room

the room and not clean enough

Amazing location but the inside and rooms are old and need a refresh.

The bathroom was uncomfortable The tap was leaking in the bath tube No hand shower kit

The lay out of the room was nice

Browse The Westin Paris Vendôme traveller photo gallery